tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+24
CetaceousOne
anomalous cowherd
lawlessline
mudra
superhero
LeeEllisMusic
Anchor
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
malletzky
Brook
gscraig
burgundia
giovonni
Vidya Moksha
SiriArc
TRANCOSO
investigator
Instigator
Jenetta
lindabaker
eMonkey
enemyofNWO
Carol
newel
28 posters

Cliff High had his site taken down

Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Cliff High had his site taken down - Page 4 Empty Re: Cliff High had his site taken down

Post  Vidya Moksha Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:57 pm

metaw3 wrote:

We don't have the same issues.

I don't care about the guy and whether I should have faith in him. Obviously if I was concerned about where to put my faith, I would choose a more positive story.

It's not about faith for me. It's about the accuracy of his system to predict the future, based on a very interesting theory from a logical point of view. And the next 3 weeks will be the best test so far that it works... or not. I'm sorry that this is such a dire prediction.

looks like i wasn't clear. my issue is unrelated to faith. my issue is with perpetuating the fear agenda. And also with trying to predict the future, why not live in the present? its a much nicer place from my experience.

and im trying hard to wean myself off logic Wink
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Cliff High had his site taken down - Page 4 Empty Re: Cliff High had his site taken down

Post  Carol Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:58 pm

He said something similar last year about the banks taking a holiday and such so we pulled all of our money out of the bank and recommended the same for other family... and of course nothing happened and we ended up looking like idiots. I will pull the money out again just before this period and very likely be putting all back in shortly afterwards only this time... I'm not telling anyone anything. Maybe the past was a dry run and this will be real, maybe not. But it does get old when he has been consistently off base for over a year now.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    newel
    newel

Post  newel Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:24 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:
    looks like i wasn't clear. my issue is unrelated to faith. my issue is with perpetuating the fear agenda. And also with trying to predict the future, why not live in the present? its a much nicer place from my experience.

and im trying hard to wean myself off logic Wink

That's fine. I love logic. I'm a programmer and I do the same thing as Clif (crawling the web with a bot and parsing it with regular expressions), although I do it for a completely different purpose than predicting the future.

Carol wrote:He said something similar last year about the banks taking a holiday and such so we pulled all of our money out of the bank and recommended the same for other family... and of course nothing happened and we ended up looking like idiots. I will pull the money out again just before this period and very likely be putting all back in shortly afterwards only this time... I'm not telling anyone anything. Maybe the past was a dry run and this will be real, maybe not. But it does get old when he has been consistently off base for over a year now.

The big difference this time is that it's not Clif saying it as much as his data showing it. In other words he has bet his reputation this time.

Also, I don't prepare at all for anything. I don't stockpile food and I would never get my money out of the bank. My philosophy is that whatever happens, I will deal with it at a community level, as unprepared as my local community might be. I guess it would be a different story if I had a family, but I don't. So it's merely entertainment for me to follow this stuff on the web.
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:18 am

metaw3 wrote:
    Also, I don't prepare at all for anything. I don't stockpile food and I would never get my money out of the bank. My philosophy is that whatever happens, I will deal with it at a community level, as unprepared as my local community might be. I guess it would be a different story if I had a family, but I don't. So it's merely entertainment for me to follow this stuff on the web.

I do have a family, but I completely share your attitude.

Whatever is to come, or happen or etc...let it come cheers

I have no fear, not any more.

And, despite my biggest respect to Clif's work, we should just consider that the webbot "predictions" might be accurate to some point, but as allways, it's probably the human factor ( means his incorrect interpretations) which makes these "predictions" being false for such a long period of time.

malletzky
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:52 am

Carol, you shouldn't have felt like an idiot for pulling money out of the bank. When you convince others to do so, it's embarrassing if the scary incident doesn't happen. However, what did you (and they) lose? A couple of months worth of interest? That's a bet I have taken as well. Clif is not the only prediction guy (or woman) out there talking about this situation with the banks. And, it's not like it hasn't happened before...I am old enough to have heard stories from my family, who went from upper middle class to working class in the matter of a week. The banks simply shut their doors and they never re-opened. My family in Pa. had a farm, and then they had to let their help go, and turn them out during the Depression. That still bothered the elders in my family well into the 1960's. They did things like sell their long prized revolutionary war muskets to give the farm help some money for the road. Ah, what times those must have been. We are seeing it again in Georgia. Families are crowding into one house or apartment. Banks are closing all around me, three in Georgia last week, and my bank just opened up again under a new owner out of Mississippi. Perhaps Clif last year was seeing what I call a pre-episode language event. As of last year, everybody in Georgia was talking about where to put their money. I had no bank close by that wasn't either closing or in big trouble. Literally, no where to put my retirement accounts. Perhaps things are better elsewhere, but having worked in the investment banking business, in corporate finance, I can tell you how fast the reptilian mind works. I saw a banking meltdown in 1987 that made me see how fragile the system really can be. And this was before legal revision (repealing the Glass Stegall Act) that blended banks with stocks. The first example of that being a mistake was at the Lehman Brothers. My company was bought out by them. I can say no more. Do I wish my Mom would take her money out of the stock market this week? You Betcha! No apologies. I don't think it's bad advice if you are in the US, to tell people to have a week's worth of money for food and gasoline. It's the people who can't save a week's worth of money that I'm worried about. They eat well on payday, but there's never enough at the end of the month for food. Our food banks can't keep up and the media isn't covering it, isn't that a surprise? Not.

Last edited by lindabaker on Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : three closed banks, not two)
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:44 am

Thanks Linda. We lost a lot in the IRA accounts and some is just now going back up but that is like a roller coaster. I did buy a number of 50 cent and dollar coins and have some of the other investments in hard assets like gold and silver (not much but something). I just want to make sure that we have edible assets these days and am also planting food (getting potatoes in, growing green onions, carrots, spinach and lettuce on the deck in container to have fresh salads). My goal is to have the gardens productive where if we had to we could live off the fresh produce. We do have chickens so there are eggs everyday. I guess success to me these days is growing healthy plants that produce food. And then store staples like flour and rice.

I'm not too worried about banks closing as long as I have cash on hand and gas in the tank.. but we do have bikes and a little horse cart with a little horse to pull it so i it came to that we could get by. And like you, I'm more worried about those who have nothing stored, although in Hawaii, many have gardens and grow food to supplement what they have.

Anonymous

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:38 pm

I have friends in South America that went through the Argentina hyperinflation and bank closures. Others in Chile that struggled with Allende, some in Venezuela that went through the madness of street riots in the 80's and the Chaves chaos. All of them keep food for 15 days and cash handy now

Sometimes people had no money and others they had money and ALL the food shops were closed and empty...can these things happen in the developing world? Well, if you think about France they already have fuel problems and no doubt many things are missing from the shelves...it happens

These are not normal times and being prepared is not a luxury if one can afford it and have space. Here in England houses are tiny so where do you put the stuff? Let alone grow it...people did survive WWII but I think there are much more people now

PS One thing came to mind, I was in Florida in the 70's when they had the fuel rationing. That was awful. Queuing for 2 hours to get a fiver of gas
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:21 am

Andromeda, storage in a small space is easy if one thinks creatively. Build a box frame out of plywood and store food and water under the bed. Put a piece of 3/4 inch plywood on top with just a mattress and no box spring and there is lots of storage there. Bottle water goes in the middle and 5 gallon plastic containers can go along the inside of the wood frame. I buy those large plastic containers that people store dog food in and fill one with rice, another with bread flour, another with powder milk or sugar. The can stack on top of each other or go under another bed. I also store canned food under the stairwell as we have a very tiny kitchen.

Anonymous

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:50 am

Carol wrote:Andromeda, storage in a small space is easy if one thinks creatively. Build a box frame out of plywood and store food and water under the bed. Put a piece of 3/4 inch plywood on top with just a mattress and no box spring and there is lots of storage there. Bottle water goes in the middle and 5 gallon plastic containers can go along the inside of the wood frame. I buy those large plastic containers that people store dog food in and fill one with rice, another with bread flour, another with powder milk or sugar. The can stack on top of each other or go under another bed. I also store canned food under the stairwell as we have a very tiny kitchen.

Thanks Carol for the suggestions, some may apply Very Happy
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:26 pm

newel
    newel

Post  newel Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:08 pm

Is Jon Stewart a web bot hit?
    newel
    newel

Post  newel Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:06 am

pineal-pilot-in merkabah
    pineal-pilot-in merkabah

Post  pineal-pilot-in merkabah Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:34 pm

carol i withdrew my money from the bank in 2008 and havnt put it back since, the fact that they are robbers and criminals is what persuades me to remove my cash , not wether cliff high gets its spot on or not.. i dont trust bansks period.. dire predictions or not.

ill be buying freeze dried foood and storing a few months of food its only sensible witht nhe coming economic and (space climate?) chaos.
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:02 pm

Web bot forum is down again Surprised

The predictive linguistics for the 28 manifested as the Earth huricane in the midwest, appart from the two volcanos in Russia

Whether there is an economic meltdown or not on the 7th of November, earth changes seems to be dramatically more intense and frequent and so it looks sensible to expect some disruption and prepare. I only buy what I normally eat and I have saved quite a bit by stocking up. Most foods seem to have gone up 25 pct here in the UK...I know it sounds outrageous but I kept the old bills and compared, so better than having shares with that yield!

pineal-pilot-in merkabah
    pineal-pilot-in merkabah

Post  pineal-pilot-in merkabah Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:36 pm

andromeda i noticedthat recently also.. things like toilet paper and tissues ect gone up 50% nearly for the cheapest brands.. im buying some food from this website soon and am currently stocking extra amounts in staple foods from now, such as rice , oats , pasta, and of course a few treats.. all i spend my cash on is food right now..

http://www.b-prep.co.uk/

think ill be spending about £1000, ANY MONEY LEFT after the fact will be spent on silver and a bio9t of bugout gear incase of having to hit the road iE ww3 economic collapse ect..
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:54 pm

pineal-pilot-in merkabah wrote:andromeda i noticedthat recently also.. things like toilet paper and tissues ect gone up 50% nearly for the cheapest brands.. im buying some food from this website soon and am currently stocking extra amounts in staple foods from now, such as rice , oats , pasta, and of course a few treats.. all i spend my cash on is food right now..

think ill be spending about £1000, ANY MONEY LEFT after the fact will be spent on silver and a bio9t of bugout gear incase of having to hit the road iE ww3 economic collapse ect..
    Add a gasmask & a copy of 'The Anarchist Cookbook' (by William Powell) to your 'to get' list, Pineal.

From the Author

I have recently been made aware of several websites that focus on The Anarchist Cookbook. As the author of the original publication some 30 plus years ago, it is appropriate for me to comment.
    The Anarchist Cookbook was written during 1968 and part of 1969 soon after I graduated from high school. At the time, I was 19 years old and the Vietnam War and the so-called "counter culture movement" were at their height. I was involved in the anti-war movement and attended numerous peace rallies and demonstrations. The book, in many respects, was a misguided product of my adolescent anger at the prospect of being drafted and sent to Vietnam to fight in a war that I did not believe in.

I conducted the research for the manuscript on my own, primarily at the New York City Public Library. Most of the contents were gleaned from Military and Special Forces Manuals. I was not member of any radical group of either a left or right wing persuasion.

I submitted the manuscript directly to a number of publishers without the help or advice of an agent. Ultimately, it was accepted by Lyle Stuart Inc. and was published verbatim - without editing - in early 1970. Contrary to what is the normal custom, the copyright for the book was taken out in the name of the publisher rather than the author. I did not appreciate the significance of this at the time and would only come to understand it some years later when I requested that the book be taken out of print.

The central idea to the book was that violence is an acceptable means to bring about political change. I no longer agree with this.

Apparently in recent years, The Anarchist Cookbook has seen a number of 'copy cat' type publications, some with remarkably similar titles (Anarchist Cookbook II, III etc). I am not familiar with these publications and cannot comment upon them. I can say that the original Anarchist Cookbook has not been revised or updated in any way by me since it was first published.

During the years that followed its publication, I went to university, married, became a father and a teacher of adolescents. These developments had a profound moral and spiritual effect on me. I found that I no longer agreed with what I had written earlier and I was becoming increasingly uncomfortable with the ideas that I had put my name to. In 1976 I became a confirmed Anglican Christian and shortly thereafter I wrote to Lyle Stuart Inc. explaining that I no longer held the views that were expressed in the book and requested that The Anarchist Cookbook be taken out of print. The response from the publisher was that the copyright was in his name and therefore such a decision was his to make - not the author's. In the early 1980's, the rights for the book were sold to another publisher. I have had no contact with that publisher (other than to request that the book be taken out of print) and I receive no royalties.

Unfortunately, the book continues to be in print and with the advent of the Internet several websites dealing with it have emerged. I want to state categorically that I am not in agreement with the contents of The Anarchist Cookbook and I would be very pleased (and relieved) to see its publication discontinued. I consider it to be a misguided and potentially dangerous publication which should be taken out of print.

William Powell
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:35 pm

NOV 8TH at about 11:23 a.m. E.S.T the market will start a historic 891 point slide for the day.It will hit bottom on March 23rd, 2011 at 5909.

Information from an insider... but will it happen?

Don't forget the powder milk, honey or sugar, tea, coffee, spagetti and sauce, bullion cubes for the rice and spices.

I keep 50lb bag of bread flour, yeast and salt in one of the dog food containers.

And TA, DA. I'm now making spinach (that I grow on the deck) and eggs (from the chickens) pancakes.. like a mini quiche. Add a little cayanne pepper and viola.. it can also be used as a wrap for tuna salad (which I also keep all of the fixings for).

Keep comfort foods on hand. And veggies are good with all types of squashes that last for days and days like butternut, acorn, pumpkin. Add a little cinnamon and it tastes like dessert.

Anonymous

Post  Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:51 am

pineal-pilot-in merkabah wrote:andromeda i noticedthat recently also.. things like toilet paper and tissues ect gone up 50% nearly for the cheapest brands.. im buying some food from this website soon and am currently stocking extra amounts in staple foods from now, such as rice , oats , pasta, and of course a few treats.. all i spend my cash on is food right now..

Since you are buying long life stuff, I found that Waitrose (ocado) sells a brand of long life ready made food at a very reasonable price. The brand is Merchant Gourmet, it is not freeze dried but ready to heat in pouches like for camping. The range is a bit limited
    pineal-pilot-in merkabah
    pineal-pilot-in merkabah

Post  pineal-pilot-in merkabah Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:08 pm

yeah ill look into that food item thanks.. is the anarchist cookbook also titled (jolly rogers cookbook?) we had a copy and made smoke bombs and thermite once when we were younger with instructions from it.. Razz
    newel
    newel

Post  newel Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:29 pm

TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:02 pm

TRANCOSO wrote:

Add a gasmask & a copy of 'The Anarchist Cookbook' (by William Powell) to your 'to get' list, Pineal.

From the Author

I have recently been made aware of several websites that focus on The Anarchist Cookbook. As the author of the original publication some 30 plus years ago, it is appropriate for me to comment.
    The Anarchist Cookbook was written during 1968 and part of 1969 soon after I graduated from high school. At the time, I was 19 years old and the Vietnam War and the so-called "counter culture movement" were at their height. I was involved in the anti-war movement and attended numerous peace rallies and demonstrations. The book, in many respects, was a misguided product of my adolescent anger at the prospect of being drafted and sent to Vietnam to fight in a war that I did not believe in.

I conducted the research for the manuscript on my own, primarily at the New York City Public Library. Most of the contents were gleaned from Military and Special Forces Manuals. I was not member of any radical group of either a left or right wing persuasion.

I submitted the manuscript directly to a number of publishers without the help or advice of an agent. Ultimately, it was accepted by Lyle Stuart Inc. and was published verbatim - without editing - in early 1970. Contrary to what is the normal custom, the copyright for the book was taken out in the name of the publisher rather than the author. I did not appreciate the significance of this at the time and would only come to understand it some years later when I requested that the book be taken out of print.

The central idea to the book was that violence is an acceptable means to bring about political change. I no longer agree with this.

Apparently in recent years, The Anarchist Cookbook has seen a number of 'copy cat' type publications, some with remarkably similar titles (Anarchist Cookbook II, III etc). I am not familiar with these publications and cannot comment upon them. I can say that the original Anarchist Cookbook has not been revised or updated in any way by me since it was first published.

During the years that followed its publication, I went to university, married, became a father and a teacher of adolescents. These developments had a profound moral and spiritual effect on me. I found that I no longer agreed with what I had written earlier and I was becoming increasingly uncomfortable with the ideas that I had put my name to. In 1976 I became a confirmed Anglican Christian and shortly thereafter I wrote to Lyle Stuart Inc. explaining that I no longer held the views that were expressed in the book and requested that The Anarchist Cookbook be taken out of print. The response from the publisher was that the copyright was in his name and therefore such a decision was his to make - not the author's. In the early 1980's, the rights for the book were sold to another publisher. I have had no contact with that publisher (other than to request that the book be taken out of print) and I receive no royalties.

Unfortunately, the book continues to be in print and with the advent of the Internet several websites dealing with it have emerged. I want to state categorically that I am not in agreement with the contents of The Anarchist Cookbook and I would be very pleased (and relieved) to see its publication discontinued. I consider it to be a misguided and potentially dangerous publication which should be taken out of print.

William Powell
    May I ask how it is possible the 'By the Author' part pops up in a post with my name/avatar?

I have not edited the 'By the Author' part into my post, nor gave William Powell - if that is really him - permission to do so.

newel
    newel

Post  newel Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:07 pm

TRANCOSO wrote:
    May I ask how it is possible the 'By the Author' part pops up in a post with my name/avatar?

I have not edited the 'By the Author' part into my post, nor gave William Powell - if that is really him - permission to do so.

I think it's an automated script on the forum. It did something like that to me once too. It might be related to copyright concerns and done when a copy/paste in rich text mode occurs. Anchor or Mercuriel? I want to know too.
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:21 pm

I want to make vey clear that i.m.o. the above mentioned book is a usefull asset to own, in order to 'McGyver' means of (self)defence, in a worst case scenario.

(And I'm not a terrorist, nor have I any intent to become one.)
    Anchor
    Anchor

Post  Anchor Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:36 pm

Well this post was not edited by anyone after it was posted.

A lot of newspaper sites and blogs now have script that runs when you "COPY" text from them.

What these scripts to is insert into the copied material references to the site or any other text they think you should include. This is seen when you subsequently paste it - and you can always edit it at that point. Sometimes if you copy a whole article from a news site the code removes all but the first few paragraphs from what is copied to the copy buffer and inserts - read more... and a URL.

It is pretty sneaky, not only have I noticed this when copy/pasting news articles, I have noticed that he URL they helpfully paste in under read more, has a tracker code in it. I usually edit those out by hand before hitting submit.

What you paste may not be what you copy - I recommend previewing your post before hitting submit.

You can edit your post and remove/add whatever you want. The scripts can only run when you copy from the source site.

John..
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:28 am

I think I did it by accident as I was going to quote you and add the text and must have hit the edit by mistake. I'm really sorry for the editing error but was confused because if we edit something it's suppose to show up we are doing it. I'm still confused how it happened because I could have sworn I did the add reply. Must have been a brain fart. geek

I was thinking of buying the book and did a search. I saw he had changed his mind since when he first wrote the book. He has a different more mature world-view based on now having a family. I thought it interesting how people respond to different situations in different times of their lives and it seemed worthwhile to add the authors current point-of-view.

With respect to Cliff's update he is saying to expect tensions building beginning Friday, Nov 5th, continuing to build and the release date (breaking point-emotional release) as of Nov 14th.

So who wants to guess what this is going to be about? I still think fiscal with a major fall in the market but with all the world-wide earth changes it could be that. Or major political thingy.

--test

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:03 pm