tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+22
We Are You
Eartheart
Aquaries1111
hobbit
Lionhawk
Brook
burgundia
lindabaker
Beren
Sanicle
Rasa
starninja
malletzky
icecold
Mercuriel
TRANCOSO
Mariadine
Floyd
mudra
Carol
Vidya Moksha
devakas
26 posters

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts

mudra
    mudra

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 27 Empty Re: Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts

Post  mudra Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:39 pm

Peaceful Aum namah Shivaya Mantra Complete!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq-CKdT6IG4

Love Always
    mudra
    Floyd
    Floyd

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 27 Empty Re: Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts

Post  Floyd Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:46 am

[quote="Vidya Moksha"]
    magamud wrote:

so do this in your own thread. Those that want to will read it.

I am indeed very wary... of disrespect, and of those who claim to know, and of those who would look to preach at me. Im not interested. I am however, interested in the subject matter herein, if you have something to contribute from Vedic scripts then please do so, if not... then preach elsewhere.

Unfortunately this is not the only thread polluted by this monotonous tendancy of this poster.. I did petition a mod to have such irrelevancies moved from a couple of threads but alas the requests fell on deaf ears. There is an ignore button when such mechanisms fail.
    Proselytize on your own threads if you must.

I too visit this thread and enjoy some of its content so lets hope it stays that way.

Indian philosophy is rich and colourful and for all to enjoy. There is nothing devilish about it in the slightest.

Namaste
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:09 pm

Thank you my friends for sharing the interest in the Vedic knowledge.

Socrates said 'I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing'

All knowledge, all human education is nonsense and only material illiusonary energy. If it is not knowledge about Krishna, only
    true knowledge, the knowledge that is fixed, then it is human mental projection only, human mental creation.

Time does not have power to control activities, time kills everything, time is ultimate killer, however time does not have power to control, kill spiritual activities.

Hare Krishna
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:10 pm

Sex in the spiritual world

By Bhaktivedanta Ashram, Published 08/3/2005
    <BLOCKQUOTE>Question:
    In Srimad Bhagavatam 5.17.12, Srila Prabhupada explains that people have sex in the spiritual world and there is no possibility of conception there. How is sex possible between different persons in the spiritual world and how can they be Krishna conscious at the same time?
    </BLOCKQUOTE>
    The term sex is in reference to the sanskrit concept of rasa, the original spiritual relationships. In the material world this rasa is best reflected as mundane sex. But even in this there are many gradations according to the degrees of covering by the three modes. The Taittiriya Upanishad describes the degrees of enjoyment among the different human species, from the common man, to the gandharva, apsara, siddha, deva, devadeva, devendra, brahma, etc. Each being one hundred times greater or more complete than the previous.

As you go from lower species to higher species, what we refer to as sex exists in many different ways. It is the same for all the sensory activities. For example, our system of digestion is very gross. After we eat, the food is digested, and the waste is passed out. In the higher species such as gandharvas, the waste products are evaporated into the air automatically. There is no passing of waste. So the entire system of digestion is much more subtle, which is in tune with their own subtle existence. The activity of sex is similar. As you move up through the species it becomes more and more subtle, and less physical. For the gandharvas it involves mostly singing, for apsaras it involves mostly dancing. For higher devatas it involves mainly sight. When you come to the level of Lord Brahma, sex involves mainly the intellectual process. When you compare it to some of the lower species such as insects, they appear as completely different activities. For example after the praying mantis mates, the female eats off the head of the male. This is the same activity the gandharvas are performing by singing. The only difference is that the coverings of the the modes are so thick and heavy that it comes out in such a low aspect. Now if there is such a huge contrast even between material sex, then what to speak of the difference between material and spiritual sex. Ultimately sex is the transmission of a relationship. When we are covered by the modes, this relationship takes a lower physical nature. As you go through to higher species, the relationship becomes less and less physical, and more subtle. When you come to the spiritual platform, it no longer is a physical or mental activity, but a spiritual exchange of a relationship. This exchange of relationship on the spiritual platform is called rasa. Thus when Srila Prabhupada refers to sex between different living entities in the spiritual world, he is referring to an exchange of a spiritual relationship.

Srila Prabhupada mentions this in his purport to Srimad Bhagavatam 5.17.12:

"Another point in this verse is that in all eight of these heavenly varsas, although men and women enjoy sex pleasure, there is no pregnancy. Pregnancy takes place only in lower-grade life. For example, animals like dogs and hogs become pregnant twice a year, and each time they beget at least half a dozen offspring. Even lower species of life such as snakes give birth to hundreds of young at one time. This verse informs us that in grades of life higher than ours, pregnancy occurs once in a lifetime. People still have sex life, but there is no pregnancy. In the spiritual world, people are not very attracted to sex life, due to their exalted devotional attitude. Practically speaking, there is no sex life in the spiritual world, but even if sometimes it does occur, there is no pregnancy at all. On the planet earth, however, human beings do become pregnant, although the tendency is to avoid having children. In this sinful age of Kali, people have even taken to the process of killing the child in the womb. This is the most degraded practice; it can only perpetuate the miserable material conditions of those who perform it."

In the higher planetary systems conception occurs only once in the life, just prior to death. It is actually a great benefit for the female denizens of heaven, as they know when they are going to die. For the males on the other hand it is quite sudden and shocking. Of course, due to their absorption in sense gratificatory activities, even the females may be taken by surprise. The descriptions of the death of the higher beings is described in detail in the scriptures. The heavenly dwellers will be enjoying with their consort, drinking the soma rasa (a heavenly intoxicant), without any idea what is about to occur. At the point when their punya (accumulated pious results) is finished they will suddenly fall from the heavenly realm (kshine punye martya-lokam vishanti). There will be nothing supporting them below their feet. As they fall through the ethereal space, they can still see the heavenly abode, and they see their consort has immediately taken another partner for enjoyment, as though they had never existed. As he falls through the space, he comes to an area which is frequented by many lower beings. These beings know the area where the celestial beings fall through, thus they wait there to eat them as they fall from their heavenly abodes. These lower beings begin to devour the living entities heavenly body as he falls towards the earthly abode. While being eaten alive, the heavenly being observes his previous realm, and sees his previous consort continuing to enjoy with other men. At this time, due to the intense pain in his heart, he begins to cry, and his soul leaves his body through his eyes within a tear drop. The tear drop falls to earth and mixes with the rain clouds. When the rain falls, the soul of the heavenly being lands on the earth and enters into a seed of grain. The grain grows and is latter eaten by a human. The soul of the heavenly being (along with his subtle covering) thus enters into the semen of a human and is latter born within the earthly abode.

In the Gita Krishna briefly describes this process:

te tam bhuktva svarga lokam vishalam
    kshine punye martya-lokam vishanti
    "After enjoying in the heavenly abode (svarga-loka), when their pious results are exhausted, they again enter the abode of death ."

Krishna's use of the word vishalam is significant, they do not just enjoy, as we enjoy. But their enjoyment is extremely vast. Their sense perception is hundreds of times greater than ours. When they smell a flower, or when they taste something, they are experiencing something completely different than what we are experiencing through our senses. It is like someone having a cold and a stuffy nose trying to smell a flower. They will not experience the flower. We are similar when compared to the higher heavenly beings. We are not actually experiencing matter in its true state. We have no idea of how something smells, tastes, or feels. This is what is described in the Taittiriya Upanishad. And as you go up to even higher beings, the case is the same for them, until you finally come to Lord Brahma, the engineer of the material universe. Only Lord Brahma can experience matter in its true fullness. Only he knows what a flower actually smells like, or what taste, touch and sight actually are. What then to speak of sense perception beyond matter. Spiritual sense enjoyment, cannot be understood by anyone within this material world. Even material sense enjoyment cannot be understood, it is practically limitless, yet higher, much higher, is the spiritual sense perception. Thus Krishna describes it as su-sukham kartum avyayam. By using the prefix "su" Krishna is stating that it belongs to an entirely different category from the ordinary happiness of this world.

In the purport Srila Prabhupada mentions the various grades of enjoyment, from the snake up to the demigods. When you compare the enjoyment of the demigod with that of the snake, they have very few similarities, what to speak of the spiritual enjoyment in Vaikuntha. We can not compare it even to the highest activities within this world, even though it may be described in similar words. As far as pregnancy not occurring within the spiritual realm, this is an obvious fact, as there is no birth nor death. Pregnancy is a process of the cycle of birth and death. In the Gita Krishna explains that whatever has a beginning in time will also have an end. Thus whatever is born is sure to die. I would not put too much importance on this statement in trying to understand what is this spiritual sex being referred to, as it is just a general fact, and not a particular description. The "sex" that occurs between two living entities within the spiritual realm is simply an exchange of a direct loving relationship between the two due to each others appreciation for the others service to Krishna. It has no connection with the concept of sex as found within the mundane realm.
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:27 pm

devakas wrote:
    What is Truth?
    Truth is Truth --- it does not require any interpretation or explanation. The Truth can only be known in Truth. That is, those who are Truthful know the Truth. But those who are hiding behind the mask of ego, who are insincere, imagine that Truth is a personal perspective. The untruthful think that Truth is made-up in the minds of human beings. The untruthful reject the Truth because they are absorbed in their personalities, and they are so attached to their personalities that they are unable to perceive the universal reality -- TRUTH.

sunny
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:44 pm

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:49 pm

Controversial Findings Excavated by
    the Authors of Forbidden Archeology

Michael Cremo

-We did not evolve from apes
    -Abundant evidence against human evolution has been ignored
    -Scientists cheat on a massive scale
    -Museum displays use propaganda in promoting falacious ideas to the public
    -Human beings were around before the time of the dinosaurs
    -Signs of civilization have been found that are millions of years old
    -Textbooks are inaccurate

In this 2 hour interview with icon Michael Cremo, author of Forbidden Archeology and Human Devolution we discuss suppressed evidence of ancient archeology, like humans walking with the dinosaurs hundreds of millions of years ago. The Veda's ancient texts thousands of years old describing quantum physics and nuclear war. A shiny brick wall in Oklahoma over 100 million years old. The two different types of humans. The Devolution of spirit into man and possible reasons why. The dungeon masters control of the media, militaries, governments, corporations, education and almost all faucets of life.
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:55 pm

Above video around @ 47 min. Michael Cremo explains how by hiding our identity (true identity as pure consciousness, not material substance, soul), it becomes possible to dictate and control our activities....

@ 55 min about two types of humans on this planet.

@ 1:45 min about Nibiru

@ 1:50 min about nagas and yakshas

sunny
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:21 pm

another great interview

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:57 pm

you were sound and became flesh... Wink

four levels of sound correspond to four states of consciousness...

On stage of para-vak there is no distinction between the object and the sound. The sound contains within it all the qualities of the object.

Since sound is the non-material source of the material manifestation, it is the key by which we can become free from bondage. It is the thread-like link between the material and spiritual realms.

In the Vedantic traditions sound is considered one of the most important principles of existence, as it is both the source of matter and the key to become free from it. One who can thoroughly understand the four stages of sound as explained in the Vedic texts can utilize this science to become free from the bondage of matter.

What is life? What is one's duty & does it vary according one's profession, situation, circumstances & atmosphere?

In the beginning of the century, there were not 6 billion people on this planet, but now there are. So how can reincarnation explain this, if by reincarnation, we mean that a soul leaves the mortal body and enters another?

answers here:

http://www.bvashram.org/articles/104/1/The-Vedic-Conception-of-Sound-in-Four-Features/Page1.html

sunny
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:39 pm

Cow sunny

Give me love
    Give me love
    Give me peace on earth
    Give me light
    Give me life
    Keep me free from birth
    Give me hope
    Help me cope, with this heavy load
    Trying to, touch and reach you with,
    Heart and soul

Om m m m m m m m m m m m m m
    M m m my lord . . .

Please take hold of my hand, that
    I might understand you

Won't you please
    Oh won't you

Give me love
    Give me love
    Give me peace on earth
    Give me light
    Give me life
    Keep me free from birth
    Give me hope
    Help me cope, with this heavy load
    Trying to, touch and reach you with,
    Heart and soul

Om m m m m m m m m m m m m m
    M m m my lord . . .

Please take hold of my hand, that
    I might understand you
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:54 am

I though I would pop this in here.... not sure it has been covered elsewhere in the mists..

there is a claim that Buddha is a lot older than popular theory... dating him to 1800 BC

http://www.viewzone.com/buddahyearx.html

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:52 pm

Vidya Moksha, humble thanks for pop in about Buddha. Check the post # 583 on this tread. The document from learned and advanced Vedic scholar.
    Also check your PM. d.
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:54 pm

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 27 Community

A Spritual Oasis

(which would work. devakas)

Earlier this summer, Radhanath Swami — who is one of my teachers and someone who many of us consider an inspiration for this project — delivered a talk on Creating Community at The Bhakti Center. I was struck by how succinct and simple his definition of Bhakti was, and how thoughtfully he articulated the purpose of The Bhakti Center. Here’s an excerpt that I found particularly inspiring. - Vineet Chander

“Many years ago, my spiritual teacher, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, wrote a proposal that the best way to honor the memory of Mahatma Gandhi would be to create a community based on his teachings and the ideals he lived and died for. Gandhi was a student of the Bhagavad-gita. He read the Gita everyday and said it was his source of inspiration. So Srila Prabhipada recommended that those who were serious about honoring Gandhi should come together and create a community with the Gita’s teachings in the center.”

“The best way to honor a great person is to create a community based on the values that he or she taught and lived by and exemplified. That means each of us has to take the responsibility to understand what really is valuable. What are those values that our teachers and guides exemplified?”

“If we want to honor these great souls, we must learn to value the simple virtue of seva, unselfish service, based on Bhakti.”

“What is Bhakti? Bhakti means the inherent love of the soul. Sri Chaitanya taught this. He said, nitya-siddha krishna-prema sradhya kabhu naya. Prema means ecstatic infinite love for Krishna, for God, and it is the inherent nature within all of us. Wherever there is life, there is that prema inherent nature of life. Whether we are man or woman, black or white, whether we’re from the east or the west (village), or whether we’re a human or an animal or an insect or a fish. Wherever there is life there is the atma, the soul. And the nature of that soul is that it is part of God.”

“The perfection of our love is to serve, to be compassionate, to be completely intoxicated by absorption in the beloved. In such a state we are eager to utilize everything as an expression of that love. Real human evolution is when we rise from the desperate need to take things, to the joy of serving, giving. This is Bhakti.”

“Because it is our inherent nature, we all must serve. But we can choose where to direct our propensity to serve. As long as we are servants of greed, lust, anger, envy, arrogance, illusion– what is the question of happiness? There will inevitably be all kinds of conflict, within and without. However, we can also utilize our propensity to serve in such a way that we can help one another to find something more beautiful. Krishna means the all-beautiful.”

“This is the purpose of The Bhakti Center, here in the East Village of New York City. We are trying to create a space where people can come together to encourage one another, inspire one another, and to really go deep into what is truly meaningful and valuable in our lives. The Bhakti Center should be a kind of spiritual oasis in a desert where superficiality, greed, and arrogance are the norm. The world needs that very much.”

by Vineet Chander

Vineet Chander is the Coordinator for Hindu Life at Princeton University. His current areas of interest include the Bhakti movement, models of pastoral counseling, and the ongoing development of the Hindu-American diaspora community. He has served as a regular contributor to Beliefnet.com and the Huffington Post.

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:54 pm

New Documentary Film about Vedic Planetarium

The Temple of The Vedic Planetarium is a unique and ambitious project aiming to reconcile the two main aspects of human search for truth: science and religion. It is being built on the bank of the holy river Ganges, in Mayapur, West Bengal, India.

On September 5th, a new film has been released documenting the first steps in realizing this unique project worth the world's attention.

Th film is entitled as "The Temple of the Vedic Planetarium, Part One - The Cosmos out of the Rice Fields". It is a half an hour long, and is featuring ISKCON-founder Srila Prabhupada arriving in the US, starting the Mayapur project with some of his early disciples, the decades of struggle in realizing his vision, and finally the beginning of the constructions.

The film also dwells on the subject whether science and religion could truly be reconciled.

The film's executive producer is Alfred B. Ford (Ambarisa Das), its director/writer/producer is Krisztina Danka, PhD (Krishna-lila dasi).

Read more: http://news.iskcon.com/node/4617/2012-09-06/new_documentary_film_about_the_temple_of_the_vedic_planetarium#ixzz266A0SbJD
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:01 pm

Nature's IQ

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:19 pm

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:21 pm

I remember reading about Buddha that intention and the moral quality of actions is the moment in between that everyone should realize and come to it. Buddha knew how to capture the moment between the intention and action. This moment
    it not what most buddhist fanatics call the moment of now, but the moment that need to be increased and hold as long as one can. This very fine moment is the key to our answers, our awareness. and to our actions. and to developing our attention. to be able to hear truth. in other words to calm our mind to hear truth. to hear others, nature. It is said Buddha did not make mistake twice, He developed attention. this is the way...

What Matters is Our Consciousness

The famous writer Paulo Coelho once said, “There is always a gap between our intention and action.” This holds true in our lives. How we present things or in what ways we present is definitely important and critical, but if we deeply analyze the matter, it’s the intention or consciousness behind it that matters.

In Vedic scriptures the nature of the God is defined as bhava-grahi, i.e. he is interested in the consciousness that we have invested in the service rather than the externals of exactly how it is done. Because of today’s lifestyle that focuses more on external facade, we have lost the essence of giving importance to the motive behind our deeds; rather we focus on the glamorous and peripheral presentation of it.

My spiritual master Srila Prabhupada used to say, “Giving importance to details is a sign of love.” He taught us that if we are striving to serve God and humanity, the best possible way is to get absorbed in our services. Whatever we are doing, we should do with our full heart, with our full consciousness because it is in the service of God and Humanity.

God is the ultimate creator, maintainer, enjoyer, and proprietor of this entire cosmos and everything is emanating from him. So what exactly can we give him? Everything already belongs to him; we are just the caretakers, that too just for time being. So, he will be pleased with our love, and our consciousness; he doesn’t care for other things. It is just like a child who buys a beautiful birthday gift for his father from his father’s money, still the father can feel and appreciate the love and affection of his son through that gift, which he can easily afford himself.

Similar is our relationship with our supreme father and in that relationship it’s not the things that matter but what matters is our consciousness and our attitude. - Radhanath Swami
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:04 am

iskcon

better enjoy singing with dolphins

sunny
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:31 pm

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:37 pm

sunny
    When water becomes ice, it is in an artificial state. The natural state of water, it’s dharma, is liquid. Similarly in our natural condition of life, we are blissful and happy, but when our mind is uncontrolled we experience dissatisfaction. The powerful mind can make a heaven out of hell, and hell out of heaven.
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:47 pm

22. Jesus saw some babies nursing. He said to his disciples, "These nursing babies are like those who enter the (Father's) kingdom."

They said to him, "Then shall we enter the (Father's) kingdom as babies?"

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:07 pm

one more 'qualified' tuban magamud? hmmm

We are all hindus now

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2009/08/14/we-are-all-hindus-now.html

America is not a Christian nation. We are, it is true, a nation founded by Christians, and according to a 2008 survey, 76 percent of us continue to identify as Christian (still, that's the lowest percentage in American history). Of course, we are not a Hindu—or Muslim, or Jewish, or Wiccan—nation, either. A million-plus Hindus live in the United States, a fraction of the billion who live on Earth. But recent poll data show that conceptually, at least, we are slowly becoming more like Hindus and less like traditional Christians in the ways we think about God, our selves, each other, and eternity.
    sunny
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:12 pm

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:36 pm

magamud wrote:22. Jesus saw some babies nursing. He said to his disciples, "These nursing babies are like those who enter the (Father's) kingdom."

They said to him, "Then shall we enter the (Father's) kingdom as babies?"

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."

No one is interested in Middle Eastern Jewish mythology

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:57 am