tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+12
magamud
devakas
Arrowwind
HigherLove
Carol
eaglespirit
SiriArc
Mercuriel
I Am
lawlessline
Zedd
mudra
16 posters

The teachings of Don Juan Matus

mudra
    mudra

The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 7 Empty Re: The teachings of Don Juan Matus

Post  mudra Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:34 am

A Path With Heart

by Female Warrior

The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 7 Redrockheart

Before you embark on any path ask the question: Does this path have a heart? If the answer is no, you will know it, and then you must choose another path. The trouble is nobody asks the question; and when a man finally realizes that he has taken a path without a heart, the path is ready to kill him. At that point very few men can stop to deliberate, and leave the path. A path without a heart is never enjoyable. You have to work hard even to take it. On the other hand, a path with heart is easy; it does not make you work at liking it. ~ Don Juan, Teachings of Don Juan, A Yaqui Way of Knowledge

There are many paths to choose from out there in the world. In the above quote, Don Juan implied that a path with heart should be chosen because it’s easy. There are millions of paths to be walked so how do you know if your path has heart? Are you passionate about your path and while walking upon it do you feel light and unencumbered or does it fill you with remorse or conflict in which you find yourself engaged in struggle?

Many people break free of walking a path that inflicts a sense of struggle in an attempt to become liberated. Breaking free of meaningless jobs, relationships, or beliefs only to find themselves once again immersed within a pathway that, over time, imposes more of the same. In this case, practices such as recapitulation need to be applied in order to free up the energy that potentially keeps you bound to repeating similar patterns. And then, as more energy is reclaimed a return to your authentic self begins to occur which makes walking a path with heart easier.

A path with heart can be one of a million things. For some, this connotes a spiritual path, for others a path emblazoned with creativity. It could be spending your life cooking or gardening. For some it may be working with charities or non-profit organizations as employees or volunteers. Maybe your path with heart is immersing yourself in nature or a spiritual belief system or opening a daycare center or becoming an activist. Point is there are endless opportunities, endless pathways to follow, and the important thing is to walk away from the path that doesn’t work and to find the one that truly feeds you.

My own experience includes being guided to walk a beautiful path for quite a number of years. Everything about it was fresh and new and light. After some time the path became muddy so to speak but I struggled to reconnect once again with that which had initially brought me so much joy. The harder I tried to embody that initial freedom and heart the more elusive it became and the path I chose turned into one of immense effort and struggle. Sadly, that part of my journey had to be put to rest. Once it had been recapitulated and my energy reclaimed I was soon off on a new pathway that provided me with the joy, freedom and beauty that paved the way for me to continue walking on a path with heart.

Our time in human form is too short to be wasted on things that don’t serve us, things that continually present challenges or things that prevent one from celebrating their passions, love, beauty and dreams. Find your path of heart, even if you are the only one walking it and live your life fully! The bottom line is we are here now. Live, laugh, create, celebrate, and DANCE with others upon this marvelous and awesome earth!

Thank you for reading this blog and for your commitment to freedom. Season’s greetings and best wishes for a happy, healthy, abundant New Year!

For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~ Don Juan

Love Always
    mudra
    magamud
    magamud

The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 7 Empty Re: The teachings of Don Juan Matus

Post  magamud Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:26 pm

You have to have a foundation to know how heart is applied. If you don't know your foundation and just follow heart you are not discerning but just following a light.
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:44 pm

This is the incredible dangers of the oblivion religions. They believe in nothing, when its the exact opposite. Their is a singularity, there is a law. There is purpose. There is mind...
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:47 am

“Intent: You cannot think your way to true life, because you cannot turn the mind off by thinking. It is a contradiction in terms, but you have to want it. You have to be seeking it with all your heart for it to come to you. You have to have faith in the truth to get it. Intent connects you to the collective unconscious. Religions call it the Holy Spirit.

In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link. Carlos Castaneda”

Love Always
    mudra
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:11 pm

"You cannot think your way to true life"

This presumption is for a small facet of life.  To think this is foundational is an example of the tragedy of the oblivion model.  Thinking is as easy as being on a desert island trying to forage for food.  

"and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link"

THis is gods law.  His singularity.  Don is living by the intent of Avatars, which leads to Drama and not life as he even explains.  You fall into his trap or ponzie scheme.

Its all well and proper if someone wants to choose to live like an avatar, but not having informed consent is the problem.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:19 am

The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 7 Portal_by_blok_head

Mastery: Preparation for the Definitive Journey
    by femalewarrior

Portal_by_Blok_headA level of practical knowledge was included as part of teaching the mastery of awareness. On that practical level don Juan taught the procedures necessary to move the assemblage point. The two great systems devised by the sorcerer seers of ancient times to accomplish this were: dreaming, the control and utilization of dreams; and stalking, the control of behavior. ~ Carlos Castaneda,  The Power of Silence

Warriors know that it is necessary to modify the foundation of our perception from that of reason to that of the abstract; the ultimate foundation of a warrior’s perception rests on the certainty that energy is all there is.

When a warrior makes a commitment to total freedom the only thing that is required is to hone their mastery. Mastery of dreaming and mastery of stalking. Warriors know that they need energy in order to face the unknown and when arriving at the point of facing the pure abstract they must be impeccable.  If they are not, they will not dart past the eagle and will, instead, remain caught within the emanations that recycles them back into the karmic loop of reincarnation.

Toltec Warrior-Travelers are ready for the definitive journey, to face the unknown. Ready to exist within the very fabric of the luminous universe and to become the energetic essence of everything. Filaments and luminous fibers in the vast abyss.

These lines and fibers of energy that are the essential construct of the universe are the filaments that ultimately connect us all. They have been around since the beginning of time and they are that from which we have become human beings. Human beings made up of these luminescent fibers that are pure energy that have been around forever. These luminescent fibers carry and hold the memories of all of creation and if one is open enough to perceive they will have access to more than they would have ever imagined. Don Juan even said that these luminous fibers are conscious of themselves and never touch each other when they are not encased in luminous eggs. There are an incalculable number of fibers in the void. Filaments in the vast abyss. Dancing along the lines of awareness. Such beauty!

I’m not interested in those who call themselves warriors in order to fit within a paradigm that they find interesting. It’s rather boring.  I am interested, however, in the very small percentage of people who have come to recognize that human form has become a prison that prevents one from aligning with the majesty and awe of an infinite universe. A warrior-traveler doesn’t talk…they undergo rigid disciplinary measures in order to come into their mastery and then they act.

Warriors recognize that they must apply themselves fully and without doubt and thus derive full benefit from their mastery. There’s an Eastern saying: When the student is ready the teacher will come. The big misinterpretation here is in looking for a “don Juan” to shift your assemblage point and give you a boost into total freedom. Stop looking for the teacher; for the master; it is within you. The master is your double and has been with you since you first departed from pure consciousness. And it waits for you to acknowledge it and embrace it. All you need to do is increase your personal power. The double is your line to freedom and it will pull you through to freedom as the boost of the earth propels you off of her planetary orbit. But, in order for this to occur, you must take responsibility through your mastery and act.

Mastery of Dreaming and Stalking. Connecting with the pulse of the earth. Recapitulation. Erasing personal history. Releasing the mold of man. Aligning with Intent. Sitting within Silent Knowledge. All necessary practices for the warrior-traveler to ensure their departure into infinity.

Silent knowledge is something that all of us have. Something that has complete mastery, complete knowledge of everything. But it cannot think, therefore, it cannot speak of what it knows. ~ Don Juan, The Power of Silence

Source:arrow: http://femalewarrior.net/

Love Always
    mudra
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:35 am

"But it cannot think, therefore, it cannot speak of what it knows. ~ Don Juan, The Power of Silence"

Shocked It cannot think because it is not an individual and has bought itself to some alternate reality because it cannot deal with the one it is in. It has no power.

So on the other hand silence is deadly and you just need to look at our species who are so asleep because they are in such deep denial...
    I Am
    I Am

Post  I Am Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:05 pm

...You know if you know. And IF you know, you know...you know when a path has a heart and you should follow it...
    (And you must be a very powerful Shaman indeed, to know who knows...and who doesn't).

I believe I have felt the heart of Mudra's path...thanks Mudra. (You know I am here still from time to time, watching, contemplating).
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:16 pm

I Am wrote:...You know if you know. And IF you know, you know...you know when a path has a heart and you should follow it...
    (And you must be a very powerful Shaman indeed, to know who knows...and who doesn't).

I believe I have felt the heart of Mudra's path...thanks Mudra. (You know I am here still from time to time, watching, contemplating).

So true .
    Thank You I Am for your kind words. I am keeping this thread alive for the joy of your heart too.

Much Love for You
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:23 pm

Silent knowledge is something that all of us have. Something that has complete mastery, complete knowledge of everything. But it cannot think, therefore, it cannot speak of what it knows. ~ Don Juan, The Power of Silence

Magamud,

There is a voice that does'nt use words. Once you have heard it you'll never forget.
    At the same time you will not be able to express through any mental concepts for there
    are no words for it.

Love for You
    mudra

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:15 pm

This video fits nicely here I found

Dreaming The World- Shaman Energetic Eggs- Collapsing Consciousness Waves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n_vDWTd5Z8

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:37 pm

The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 7 Soul

Everything we do, everything we are, rests on our personal power. If we have enough of it, one word is enough to change the course of our lives. If we don't, the most magnificent piece of wisdom can be revealed to us and that revelation won't make a damn bit of difference.
    Do you know that at this very moment you are surrounded by eternity? And do you know you can use that eternity, if you so desire? Do you know that you can extend yourself forever in any direction and use it to take the totality of yourself forever in any direction? Do you know that one moment can be eternity? If you had enough personal power, my words alone would serve as a means to round up the totality of yourself and get to the crucial part of it out of the boundaries in which it is contained.

-From Tales of Power Carlos Castaneda

Love Always
    mudra

B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Mudra's words: "I think Don Juan is the first person who ever reached me directly in the soul"

Dear Mudra, I wholeheartedly agree with this! I've read the books in the 70's.

What beautiful synchronicities are present here, many times. Just finished a post in the thread "phaseshift"
    in which I mention a book by Amy Wallace, readable on www.scribd.com called "Sorcerers apprentice"
    about her meeting with Carlos Castaneda. Amy Wallace is a spiritual teacher on healing/reading energy and the use of intuition.
    I didn't know of her connection to Carlos. How surprising!
    And there's more..... yesterday night I have been standing with 4 penguin pockets of Carlos Castaneda's books in my hands.
    Placed them somewhere for reading, as I felt very much drawn to them... again study

Specially, I was drawn to them by recalling the words, Don Juan shares with Carlos "A man looks at the world as if nothing matters
    and all is an illusion, but a man acts as if everything counts and all is real". The exact phrasing may be slightly different.
    As soon as I stumble on them, while reading, I will correct them, if necessary.

I think every other 10 years or so, I pick them up for reading and every time the books present deeper meaning to me.
    Thank you so much for sharing them as PDF's here  Hugs   
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:30 am

You are very welcome BB.
    When one surfs on the thread of synchronicities the world turn magical.

Hugs 

Much Love for You
    mudra

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:55 am

In the following TEDx video…enjoy the journey of Associate Tensegrity® Instructor Teo Alfero, who has followed his ‘path with heart,’ acted according to his ‘fire within,’ and has recently found, in his own words, his ‘wolf connection.’

My Wolf Connection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1wSXYkHZFs

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:46 am

Essential Knowledge
    A Summary of the Teachings of the Shamans of Ancient Mexico

The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 7 Look_at_your_hands

Introduction

Essential Knowledge is a summary compilation project of the entire series of published books by Carlos Castenada from teachings delivered to him during his apprenticeship to Mexican sorceror don Juan Matus - compiled, ordered and edited for clarity and flow. (There may also be further additions in future from his other apprentices as relevent.)

The intention here is to provide the essence of information regarding the main topics of interest to shamanism in a more compressed and easily digestable form, as for a number of reasons the original series of twelve books contains a great deal of both repetition and scattered one-off tidbits.

The advantage of this approach is that the reader will gain an accurate overview of the ideas presented, the disadvantage is that there are many stories and experiences that cannot be included for reasons of length. However, it does provide an unsurpassed introduction to shamanism, and should the reader be interested in further study enable them to place further more detailed reading in a greater context.

In attempting to preserve the original style of writing as best as possible, I have made very few additions or alterations to the sentence structure of the text. It has mostly been a reordering effort, albeit a voluminous one. But these things matter little anyway, I believe the quality and the depth of the information speaks for itself.

Of course there are all sorts of critics out there so I will say just this: Shamanism is an intensely practical affair, and any description thereof no matter how well formulated is all but a vague map. Until you set out on your own voyage of discovery into the unknown, there is no point casting any judgement over the accuracy of the original information and its sources.

So why not find out for yourself first? I hope you enjoy the adventure in awareness that lies before you!

With INTENT!  Cheerful 

Read more , learn more  Arrow http://essential-knowledge.net/

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:45 am

Essential Knowledge

Chapter 1: The fight for Freedom

Our fellow men are black magicians. And whoever is with them is a black magician on the spot. Think for a moment. Can you deviate from the path that your fellow men have lined up for you? And if you remain with them, your thoughts and your actions are fixed forever in their terms. That is slavery. Human beings love to be told what to do, but they love even more to fight and not do what they are told, and thus they get entangled in hating the one who told them in the first place.The warrior, on the other hand, is free from all that. Freedom is expensive, but the price is not impossible to pay. So - if you must - fear your captors. Don't waste your time and your power fearing freedom.

Warriors speak of shamanism as a magical, mysterious bird which has paused in its flight for a moment in order to give man hope and purpose; warriors live under the wind of that bird, which they call the "bird of wisdom", the "bird of freedom". Shamanism is a journey of return. A warrior returns victorious to the spirit, having descended into hell. And from hell he brings trophies. Understanding is one of his trophies.

The spirit manifests itself to a warrior at every turn. However, this is not the entire truth. The entire truth is that the spirit reveals itself to everyone with the same intensity and consistency, but only warriors are consistently attuned to such revelations. Also, it is not so difficult to let the spirit of man flow and take over; to sustain it, however, is something that only a warrior can do.

For a warrior, the spirit is an abstract only because he knows it without words or even thoughts. It's an abstract because he can't conceive what the spirit is. Yet, without the slightest chance or desire to understand it, a warrior handles the spirit. He recognizes it, beckons it, entices it, becomes familiar with it, and expresses it with his acts. Warriors have an ulterior purpose for their acts, which has nothing to do with personal gain. The average man acts only if there is the chance for profit. Warriors act not for profit, but for the spirit. The spirit listens only when the speaker speaks in gestures. And gestures do not mean signs or body movements, but acts of true abandon, acts of largesse, of humour. As a gesture for the spirit, warriors bring out the best of themselves and silently offer it to the abstract.

For the rational man to hold steadfastly to his self-image ensures his abysmal ignorance. He ignores the fact that shamanism is not incantations and hocus-pocus, but the freedom to perceive not only the world taken for granted, but everything else that is humanly possible to accomplish. The warrior trembles at the possibility of freedom. And freedom is at his fingertips.

The way of the shaman-warrior is the fight for freedom. Each step is taken freely. We must not judge it as violent simply because we use the words 'warrior' and 'fight'. As a struggle, it may be aggressive, intense, full, but it is rarely violent. A man of knowledge cannot possibly act towards his fellow men in injurious terms. A warrior is fighting for freedom. The fight is right here on this earth. We are human creatures. Who knows what's waiting for us, or what kind of power we may have? To attain that freedom requires power, and power rests on the kind of knowledge that one holds.

Arrow http://essential-knowledge.net/the-fight-for-freedom/#

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu May 22, 2014 3:40 am

The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 7 10372578_487758944689396_4235621116785563157_n

Love Always
    mudra
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 7 Empty the solitary work

Post  B.B.Baghor Thu May 22, 2014 4:36 am

mudra wrote:
    The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 7 10372578_487758944689396_4235621116785563157_n

Love Always
    mudra

Wow, that's profound! Thank you, mudra  JT 
    I think I have found a little path, leading to doing exactly that,
    while still in the company of others, some of them on their own solitary path.
    And have fun together... and some little figths.. in the sandbox  Cheerful 
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu May 22, 2014 10:17 am

Thank You BB.
    The path is solitary for everyone .That makes us a team  Cheerful 
    I'll miss you on this forum BB. I loved that wild flower that you are in our gardens.
    May you do well until we meet again.

The Karen 

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:21 pm

The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 7 Black-hole
    Black Holes or Intent?
    Female warrior: http://femalewarrior.net/2014/06/17/black-holes-or-intent/#more-3124

No one created our universe, and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization; there is probably no heaven, and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe, and for that I am extremely grateful. ~ Stephen Hawking

I recently watched a fascinating documentary entitled Did God Create the Universe, narrated by Stephen Hawking. It was about how the universe spontaneously created itself out of nothing; the negative and positive forces of black holes collapsing into each other to cause the Big Bang and the resultant birth of the universe.

So this got me thinking because the whole theory, as people have been contemplating for millennia, seems to have merit; however, what about intent? Universal intelligence, life-force energy, or a higher divine power? Where is its place in the Big Bang? Did the higher power create the Big Bang? Was the higher, universal intelligence a result of the Big Bang? Will we ever know and does it even matter?

big-bangWell, for inquiring minds, it certainly provides one with the impetus to explore the possibilities. Yet, when it comes to the world of reason I have extreme difficulty putting together all of the “facts” and “science” in order to derive a conclusion. It actually begins to hurt my head after a very short period of time. Relativity. Gravity. Matter. Energy. Time. Space. Continuum. Vacuum. Quarks, Particles. Quantum Physics. Nuclei . . . Ouch.

And yet, many of these terms and supporting data lead to a theoretical probability that the universe did, indeed, appear as the result of a Big Bang.

I suppose both theories, the Big Bang and a Universal Intelligence, can coexist, but in my limited scientific mind I have come to know that for me, as a seer, intent is the driving force behind all things, including the Big Bang. Intent. Pure universal life force energy.

Sorcerers believe that when man became aware that he knew, and wanted to be conscious of what he knew, he lost sight of what he knew. This silent knowledge, which you cannot describe, is, of course, intent – the spirit, the abstract. Man’s error was to want to know it directly, the way he knew everyday life. Man gave up silent knowledge for the world of reason. The more he clings to the world of reason, the more ephemeral intent becomes. ~ Don Juan

So in the paradigm of the warrior, suffice it to say that the Big Bang Theory comes from the world of reason while the premise of intent as an energetic, universal intelligence, exists beyond infinity as intuitive awareness.

I think of intent as the Universal Intelligence that resides everywhere and existed before time and space and theories. I also think of each of us as part of that Universal Intelligence, a line of intent, flowing through and with the ability to flow beyond the confines of the universe. Experience on this warrior’s path has led me to realize that this is possible right now and at any moment, independent of time and space. If intent has the potential to create, then everything, as a by-product of intent, has the same potential.

That said, I think I’ll go dance along some new lines of awareness, deepen my exploration into the cosmic creation of intent and then, have a nice, single-malt scotch. Thanks for listening and I welcome your input.

Keep dancing!!!

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:38 pm

Missing chapters of the Eagle's gift

This is a translation of ”The Six Explanatory Propositions” which were
    included in the Spanish language version of the Eagle's Gift but were
    never published in the English versions of the book.

Arrow http://thetoltecpath.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/eaglesgiftmissingchapters.pdf

Love Always
    mudra

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:50 pm

The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 7 Stock-photo-the-magical-world-of-reading-magic-book-with-pages-transforming-into-birds-29736928

Human awareness is like an immense haunted house. The awareness of everyday life is like being sealed in one room of that immense house for life. We enter the room through a magical opening: birth. And we exit through another such magical opening: death. Sorcerers, however, are capable of finding still another opening and can leave that sealed room while still alive. A superb attainment. But their astounding accomplishment is that when they escape from that sealed room they choose freedom. They choose to leave that immense, haunted house entirely instead of getting lost in other parts of it.

—Don Juan Matus, The Power of Silence

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:08 pm

I posted this on the chalice of wisdom thread and am reposting it here as it fits beautifully to Don Juan's teachings as well.

The Opponent - who is using your mind?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPWUFUPykk0

Thubs Up

Love Always
    mudra
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:52 am

mudra wrote:
    The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 7 Stock-photo-the-magical-world-of-reading-magic-book-with-pages-transforming-into-birds-29736928

Human awareness is like an immense haunted house. The awareness of everyday life is like being sealed in one room of that immense house for life. We enter the room through a magical opening: birth. And we exit through another such magical opening: death. Sorcerers, however, are capable of finding still another opening and can leave that sealed room while still alive. A superb attainment. But their astounding accomplishment is that when they escape from that sealed room they choose freedom. They choose to leave that immense, haunted house entirely instead of getting lost in other parts of it.

—Don Juan Matus, The Power of Silence

Love Always
    mudra

Thank you, sister mudra, for sharing this here. To me, these teachings of Don Juan and the video "Opponent, who is using your mind?"
    are of great value and singing to my heart. Hugs

The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 7 Imagin10

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:25 pm