tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+30
Jenetta
oliverclay
Floyd
magamud
seekeroftruth
THEeXchanger
Owlsden
Beren
malletzky
Carol
Brook
Rasa
earthian
immortalisdolor
HigherLove
Sanicle
iysun
devakas
Anchor
eMonkey
TRANCOSO
spiritwarrior
greybeard
Nebula
Mercuriel
Balance
pedro m
truth and integrity
ClearWater
mudra
34 posters

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Post  Mercuriel Sun May 02, 2010 7:34 pm

In fact - Its the Base Language of the Omniverse and Our Passions are spoken to and from, both...

Hence the Crux at the Esoteric Understanding of the saying "We get what We Focus (Passion) on..."

Heh heh

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Post  mudra Mon May 03, 2010 4:41 am

truth and integrity wrote:
    Yes. When people are engaged in the art making process, they are fully present. It is the essence of art making. But you can recognize looking at somebody’s art if the person suppresses his/her feelings or control them and the person who is fully in touch with her or his feelings.
    Love,
    t&i [/size][/color]

Indeed Truth

Spirit /presence/Love
    mind /emotions
    body /matter

As One

this creates the master piece .

Hugs
    Love for You
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon May 03, 2010 4:47 am

“It has become increasingly clear that only Sacred Activism--the fusion of the deepest mystical knowledge, peace, strength, and stamina with calm, focused, and radical action in every arena of society, culture, economics, and politics--can be of help in our growing world crisis. Neither a purely "spiritual" nor simply "activist" approach can solve our enormous problems. The core teachings of all the major mystical paths make it clear that there is, within human beings, an enormous unused reservoir of pure divine power, the pure power of sacred wisdom consciousness, passion, and compassion--the power of what Jesus called the kingdom of heaven, and of what in Hinduism is known as bliss-consciousness. These core teachings also reveal that if we can learn how to use this power--or rather how to let it use us as its luminous instruments--we will harness the "energies of love" and discover for ourselves how a clear, focused, purified, divine passion devoted to transformative action on all levels can birth a new world.”

Andrew Harvey

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon May 03, 2010 9:54 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 6 Dec16

Do not walk behind me; I may not lead.
    Do not walk in front of me; I may not follow.
    Walk beside me, that we may be as One.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue May 04, 2010 3:15 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 6 Tumblr_komvydKy5a1qztggxo1_400

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue May 04, 2010 3:17 am

"Men of wit and understanding convert a stone lying on the ground into a stepping stone, while men devoid of common sense turn even a stepping stone into a stumbling block on their way. In life, it is the way of looking at things that matters."

- Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh in "Wings of Love and Random Thoughts

Love Always
    mudra
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Tue May 04, 2010 5:01 am

"Never Doubt that a Small Group of Dedicated People can't change the World - In fact - Its the only thing that ever has..."

study

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu May 06, 2010 5:31 am

Mercuriel wrote:
    "Never Doubt that a Small Group of Dedicated People can't change the World - In fact - Its the only thing that ever has..."

study

Yes Mercuriel and really it starts with One :)

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat May 08, 2010 3:06 am

"Listen to the music within your soul.

While listening, do you not feel
    an inner self awakening deep within you -

that it is by its strength that your head is lifted,
    that your arms are raised,
    that you are walking slowly towards the light?"

Isadora Duncan

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat May 08, 2010 3:30 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 6 Otherside_72_opt

Nonduality - Rising Above Illusion
    By Remez Sasson

The philosophy of Nonduality, or as it is called in India, Advaita-Vedanta, says that there is just One Spirit in the Universe, and that everything, living or inanimate, is an inseparable and indivisible part of this One Spirit. Nonduality further says that it is only illusion, caused by the mind and the play of the senses, which makes us regard the world and everything in it, as real and separate from us.

For someone not familiar with this philosophy, it might sound strange and even weird, but once understood, it can completely change one's attitude and perspective about life.

Arrow http://www.successconsciousness.com/spirituality_nonduality.htm

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat May 08, 2010 4:30 am

For the next seven generations
    The movie

13 Indigenous Grandmothers from all around the world came together to help us create a new way of life that will bring the planet back into balance before it's too late.

For many years, a spiritual teacher named Jyoti had been making relations with Indigenous wise women elders. Suddenly she found herself carrying a vision of a circle of Indigenous Grandmothers. Carrying this vision, she was on her way to Africa to meet an African shaman and medicine woman named Bernadette Rebienot. While there, she mentioned her vision to Bernadette and was surprised to hear that Bernadette was having the same vision. They committed to manifesting it. After returning to her home in California, Jyoti and her associate Ann Rosencranz sent out invitations to 16 Indigenous women from around the world to join them in a gathering. The 13 Grandmothers who responded had all received their own visions and heard their own ancestral prophesies. They were told that they would be called together at a critical time in history when their ancient knowledge was needed for the survival of the next generations.

At their first meeting in October 2004, the Grandmothers, shamans and medicine women, bonded deeply and discovered that despite their different languages and cultures, they all shared a common goal. This led to the formation of The International Council of 13 Indigenous Grandmothers. From then on, the Grandmothers decided to carry out their mission globally through visits to each of their home communities.

Through the years, they've become teachers and icons who are galvanizing and uniting a rapidly emerging global movement. They are awakening people to the urgent need for change if we are to survive on this planet. But they are not using fear as a weapon. They are offering us hope. What many people see as a threat, they see as an opportunity. They show us that by going back to the ancient and time-proven earth-based traditions and practices of our Indigenous people, we will be able to break away from our destructive habits and make the changes necessary for our survival.

http://www.forthenext7generations.com/home.php

Movie trailer :

http://www.forthenext7generations.com/trailer.php

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat May 08, 2010 10:58 am

Barry Schwarz on our Loss of Wisdom

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/barry_schwartz_on_our_loss_of_wisdom.html

Love Always
    mudra
    ClearWater
    ClearWater

Post  ClearWater Sun May 09, 2010 1:41 am

There is a story my teacher liked to tell about a consummate diamond thief who sought to steal only the most exquisite of gems. This thief would hang around the diamond district to see who was purchasing a gem, so that later he could pick their pocket.

One day he saw a well-known diamond merchant purchase the jewel he had been waiting for all his life. It was the most beautiful, the most pristine, the purest of diamonds. He was very excited, and so he followed the diamond merchant as he boarded the train, getting onto the same compartment. He spent an entire three-day journey trying to pick the merchant's pocket and obtain the diamond. When the end of the journey came and he hadn't found the gem, he was very frustrated. He was an accomplished thief, and although he had employed all his skills, he still was not able to steal this rare and precious jewel.

When the diamond merchant got off the train, the pickpocket followed him once again. Finally, he just couldn't stand it any more, and he walked up to the merchant and said, "Sir, I am a renowned diamond thief. I saw you purchase that beautiful diamond, so I followed you onto the train. Though I used all the skills of my art, which have been perfected over many years, I was not able to find the gem. I must know your secret. Tell me, please, how did you hide it from me?"

The diamond merchant replied, "Well, I saw you watching me in the diamond district, and I suspected you were a pickpocket. So I hid the diamond where I thought you would be least likely to look for it--in your own pocket!" He then reached into the thief's pocket and pulled out the diamond.

The treasure that I invite you to receive, that I will continually be pointing to throughout this book, is in your pocket right now, the pocket of your heart. The heart that I speak of is even closer to you than your physical heart. It is closer to you than your emotional heart. It is the heart that is the core of your being. Any step to go somewhere to find it implies that it is not already right here where you are. Simply see the radiant bounty of your true nature, accept that bounty, and then you will share that bounty quite naturally.

Gangaji, "The Diamond in Your Pocket"
    ClearWater
    ClearWater

Post  ClearWater Sun May 09, 2010 1:51 am

I have discovered that it is actually impossible to find happiness. As long as you are seeking to find happiness "somewhere," you are overlooking where happiness is. As long as you are seeking to find God someplace else, you are overlooking the essential truth of God, which is omnipresence. When you seek to find happiness someplace else, you are overlooking your true nature, which is happiness. You are overlooking yourself.

I would like to offer you the invitation and the challenge to stop overlooking yourself, to simply, radically, and absolutely be still--to put aside, at least for a moment, all of your ideas of where God is, or where truth is, or where you are. Stop looking anywhere. Stop seeking. Simply be. I am not talking about being in a stupor, or going into a trance, but going deeper into the silence of your heart where the revelation of omnipresence can be revealed as your true nature. I am asking you to be still in pure presence. Not to create that, not even to invite it, but simply to recognize what is always here, who you always are, where God always is.

In this moment, however you are searching, stop. Whether you are searching for peace and happiness in a relationship, in a better job, or even in world peace, just for one moment stop absolutely. There is nothing wrong with these pursuits, but if you are engaging in them to get peace or to get happiness, you are overlooking the ground of peace that is already here. Once you discover this ground of peace, then whatever pursuits you engage in will be informed by your discovery. Then you will naturally bring what you have discovered to the world, to politics, to all your relationships.

This discovery has infinite, complex ramifications, but the essence of it is very simple. If you will stop all activity, just for one instant, even for one-tenth of a second, and simply be utterly still, you will recognize the inherent spaciousness of your being that is already happy and at peace with itself.

Gangaji, "The Diamond in Your Pocket"
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun May 09, 2010 4:49 am

Lovely to see you here Clearwater .
    Thank you for those last gems :)

Hugs

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun May 09, 2010 4:51 am

Love Always
    mudra
    truth and integrity

Post  truth and integrity Sun May 09, 2010 12:59 pm

We can talk about suffering, looking for happiness, and quote many philosophers or spiritual teachers. But I think that the answer is simpler. It is a serious problem when we loose spontaneity and creativity. Without spontaneity and creativity there is no laughter. Maybe Socrates was right when he said. “By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.” :;lol:
    When we examine life of many philosophers and spiritual teachers we may not want to have their experiences. cheers

Love,
    t&i
    truth and integrity

Post  truth and integrity Sun May 09, 2010 6:38 pm

M. Rosenberg’s words contain of a pearl of wisdom as he said that the most fulfilling thing is to contribute to others well being. Having a deep relationship with his wife as well as with his children, he helped so many to resolve the most difficult conflicts. He emphasizes the importance of sensing others feelings and their needs behind those feelings. It is simple, yet difficult in the beginning. It requires a high level of emotional awareness as our emotions becomes textured and subtle so that we can perceive and intuit similar texture and subtlety in the emotions of those around us. However, people who spend so much time in isolation are not likely to analyze their emotions and loose interest in emotions all together. Internet lifestyle promotes isolation, detached way of relating to others, and emotional numbness. But without analyzing our feelings we can never hope to escape a state of numbness, physical turmoil, or emotional chaos. And we can never hope to have fulfilling relationships with others. Rosenberg's message is timely.

Love,
    t&i

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon May 10, 2010 4:16 pm

Thank you Truth . This is a wise, sensible and intelligent man .
    It was well worth listening to him and to see how from the willingness to
    to act for the well being of others brilliant inner resources can be tapped into to meet the goal.

Hugs

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon May 10, 2010 4:20 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 6 Tumblr_kocnxaJTv51qztggxo1_400

Love Always
    mudra
    truth and integrity

Post  truth and integrity Mon May 10, 2010 10:49 pm

Mudra, Hugs

I am glad that you like him. He is one of the most inspiring men I know. It is so rare to meet a man who is fully in touch with his own feelings and therefore capable of sensing and understanding the feelings of others. Well, we have a long way to go as a human species. We tend to intellectualize about spirituality or our life purpose. In fact, intellectualization is one of the most powerful ego defenses as people can get a false sense of self-worth. The real spirituality requires action and Rosenberg offers very useful tools. However, it is easer to talk about love, light, and respect rather than trying to understand others by sensing their needs and feelings. The worst scenario is when our words of love, light, and respect don’t match our behavior. Then we are talking about hypocrisy, aren’t we?

Love,
    t&i
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue May 11, 2010 3:56 am

Indeed Truth integrity is the foundation of our inner balance.

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 6 934918
    Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue May 11, 2010 4:19 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 6 Hq_5_110

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue May 11, 2010 5:06 am

Translation :

One day on Earth…

Empathy is a notion designating a mechanism through which an individual
    can understand
    The feelings and emotions of another individual.
    The ability to identify yourself to another and to feel what he feels
    His feelings and in particular his suffering and distress
    An emotion much bigger than beliefs and differences
    That unables us to enter in the perceptions of another, to feel his
    fear, his anger , his tenderness
    To temporarily live his life and to move into it with care and without
    judgement
    To look for common points before the differences
    And there are always more common points than differences
    The essence , the heart and the soul
    The human warmth is when you offer yourself without expecting anything
    in return
    Simply share so as not to spoil a life
    And to help those that don’t have that ability
    And despite all difficulties keep that force , that will
    give a heart blow to those who need it
    Just a litle attention
    And give the right to everyone to exist
    A feeling much higher than instinct and the food chain
    A feeling that unables us to take care of another
    And to share the litle we possess
    And to help each other to keep warm
    Or to protect one another
    Be able to share happiness, tenderness, protection and complicity
    We all need human warmth
    We all need affection and to feel at home amongst our brothers
    Despite appearances without ever relying on the outside look only
    Without ever minding language
    Because it is something invisible to the eye but that is not without
    fragrance

Final definition

Science has proved that the difference between man and animal was
    exactly empathy
    BUT.. BUT… BUT
    Homicide …
    Guilt…
    Iniquity …
    I am well aware that with this video I invite some to question
    themselves
    But to question oneself is to put oneself in command of one’ s life and
    to realize we
    Have lost the foundation of humanity
    Actually speaking of empathy .. between men or between animals ...?

Love Always
    mudra
    truth and integrity

Post  truth and integrity Tue May 11, 2010 12:31 pm

Mudra, Hugs
    Beautifully said. Yes. Empathy and integrity is a key. Empathy alone doesn’t work if we deny our feelings and needs. Sooner or later it will backfire. It is crucial for women to make changes as we were trained to put others needs first. No wonder depression is a female illness. But both women and men have to overcome stereotyped roles and integrate female and male aspects of personality.

I couldn’t watch this video. I prefer this.

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 6 Polar-bear-funny-dog-death-hug

Love,
    t&i

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:51 pm