tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+30
Jenetta
oliverclay
Floyd
magamud
seekeroftruth
THEeXchanger
Owlsden
Beren
malletzky
Carol
Brook
Rasa
earthian
immortalisdolor
HigherLove
Sanicle
iysun
devakas
Anchor
eMonkey
TRANCOSO
spiritwarrior
greybeard
Nebula
Mercuriel
Balance
pedro m
truth and integrity
ClearWater
mudra
34 posters

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Owlsden
    Owlsden

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Post  Owlsden Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:41 am

The chalice of Wisdom can also be gained by a simple act of kindness... What is the most precious gift we can give another - most of all to a "stranger".. Our "time" of course..

An experience I now share with a "stranger" in the form of diluted poetry..

It was a balmy afternoon as I left the store
    To drive the one mile back to the Movie Theatre
    I had left my Friend and My little One There
    To grab a coke for us all to share
    Only half way back to my car I was called
    “Sweet Lady can you lend me a helping hand”?
    His name for now let’s call him Mister
    For I did not know and I did not ask
    I was too enthralled by the glow beyond the mask.
    I walked toward him and there he stood
    The physical appearance of a withering bud
    “I know the economy and all is bad but please please can you help me
    I’ll work if you have”?
    “What do you need? I don’t have long. I have to get back to my friend and Son”
    “A Dollar or two will do if you have it.. I’ll be honest with you I need a beer and some nuggets”.
    Some change I gave him non-grudgingly as something inside me said “Ask him about his life story”…
    “So what is your story.. we all do have one.. share with me please I shall gladly listen”.
    He looked at me and I was deeply touched at the kindness in his eyes and for his trust.
    He knew I would listen and I knew he would share… why were we truly both there?
    “My life sweet lady I shall tell you this - has not been one of happiness and bliss
    I’ve had opportunities all throughout my life
    But never took them - experiencing instead sadness and strife
    My IQ is 141 and my ASVAB Test was a 92 I could choose any job I wanted to
    I became an aviation mechanic and tendered 4 years in the Seals
    but I was young and dumb and thought I would always have time so I left.
    Looking back it’s all so surreal".
    "Sweet lady if I had stayed I would be retired now with a house and a pension
    But look at me I am a nobody begging to you for some change and attention
    I have never been married and have no kids.. I am 47 and heart broken" he expressed.
    "When I was 36 I met my girl.. I asked her to marry me".. “Of course I will”
    We were happy in Love and we mailed out the invites
    I Love my Bethany and always will.
    An officer knocked on my door to give me the news – my lovely Bethany had died but murdered by who?
    "I hit the bottle and have been like this ever since – Love lost and my life awashed" he cried full of released emotion.
    “Oh yes my friends try to comfort me by telling me their family has died of cancer
    .. but this is not the same.. my Bethany is gone and I never had time to grieve her”.
    “Bethany will always be with you” I said and I knew
    And we hugged him together and at once he knew too.
    I walked away back to my car.. sensing a shift even in the air
    I turned around to give him one last glimpse
    But he was gone!
    The healing had begun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejz9UVXhlwk

mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Post  mudra Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:58 am

Rupert Spira - Buddha at the Gas Pump Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stdMWPtZwnM

Love Always
    mudra
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Thank you Mudra, and, all others for all that you eXchange and share - very nice thread here - it appears you have some very good weavers weaving upon you web Wink

lots of light and, love to all ~ susan, The eXchanger
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:56 pm

THEeXchanger wrote:Thank you Mudra, and, all others for all that you eXchange and share - very nice thread here - it appears you have some very good weavers weaving upon you web Wink

lots of light and, love to all ~ susan, The eXchanger

Hey susan Cheerful
    Good to see you again sister.

Much Love for You

Hugs

mudra
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:28 pm

ClearWater
    ClearWater

Post  ClearWater Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:35 am

Adyashanti interview with Bob Cowart - Part 01 of 11
    Adyashanti speaks candidly about his own process of awakening, how he became a spiritual teacher, what enlightenment is, the various pitfalls of spiritual practice, and more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dULlsNOlTqY

ClearWater
    ClearWater

Post  ClearWater Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:40 am

Bentinho Massaro - Buddha at the Gas Pump Interview
    Ever since my allegiance shifted from 'thinking' and 'other teachers' towards trusting in this intuitive sense of natural presence, that simple and always already present awareness has become more and more obvious in this experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS1fL4bDV_s
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:42 pm

Breakfast With Mooji

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZY8LX9Bheo

Love Always
    mudra
    ClearWater
    ClearWater

Post  ClearWater Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:48 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 23 390700_10150397276154605_169783084604_8235686_1919995124_n
    ClearWater
    ClearWater

Post  ClearWater Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:41 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkIiAdZMVgI

Anthony Paul Moo-Young, known as Mooji, was born on 29 January 1954 in Port Antonio, Jamaica. In 1969, he moved to the UK and he is presently living in Brixton, London. Anthony worked in London's 'West end' as a street portrait artist for many years, then as a painter and a stained glass artist, and later as a teacher at Brixton College. For a long time, he was well known as Tony Moo, but is now affectionately known as Mooji* by the many seekers and friends who visit him.

Mooji is a direct disciple of Sri Harilal Poonja, the renowned advaita master, or Papaji, as his followers call him. In 1987, a chance meeting with a Christian mystic was to be a life-changing encounter for Mooji. It brought him, through prayer, into the direct experience of the Divine within. Within a short period, he experienced a radical shift in consciousness so profound that outwardly, he seemed, to many who knew him, to be an entirely different person. As his spiritual consciousness awakened, a deep inner transformation began which unfolded in the form of many miraculous experiences and mystical insights. He felt a strong wind of change blowing through his life which brought with it a deep urge to surrender completely to divine will. Shortly after, he stopped teaching, left his home and began a life of quiet simplicity and surrender to the will of God as it manifested spontaneously within him. A great peace entered his being, and has remained ever since.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Ooops I did'nt realize you already posted Mooji at the gas pump Clearwater.
    I so much love him that I am very gratefull to you .

Flowers

Love from me
    mudra
    ClearWater
    ClearWater

Post  ClearWater Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:38 pm

I share your love for him. There is something about him that always leaves my heart feel softened and opened. He's like a cup of hot cocoa on a cold day.
    I felt like going back to watch some older interviews, so I went to the Buddha at the Gas Pump Youtube page.
    The first thing I saw was Mooji. I thought 'hmm, I didn't know they did an interview together...'. Clicked on it and saw 'Views = 0'.
    I must have opened the page just as it was uploaded. What a nice surprise. Wink
    Of course I had to post it here, if only out of gratitude to you for all the wonderful videos I have enjoyed that you have posted over the years. My introduction to him on Project Avalon several years ago was through one of your posts. So Thank YOU. Hugs
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:19 pm

ClearWater wrote:He's like a cup of hot cocoa on a cold day.

Yes.... that's exactly how he feels to me too .
    There are many wise souls to listen to these days
    but Mooji has this big Loving Heart that makes you feel like being hugged dearly all along .
    I love his smile , I love his laughter , I love his humor too Cheerful

Much Love for You Clearwater

mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:00 pm

Kevin Billett 'My Journey To Wholeness.' Interview by Iain McNay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN1o1rEaBwU

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:22 pm

CTV NEWS November 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-wUa6cFlCk

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:28 pm

ClearWater
    ClearWater

Post  ClearWater Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:20 am

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:01 am

Natalie Gray - Buddha at the Gas Pump Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf22x2U_mGs

Natalie Gray is an ordinary person who spent the first 25 years of her adult life searching for meaning and answers. In her search, she looked for those answers in several places, including: trying to find a calling (as an actress, teacher and life coach), through self-help and awareness seminars, through study and initiation with various spiritual teachers and teachings and through the use of drugs. After coming to the realization that no one or no thing outside of herself was going to be able to give Natalie what she wanted, she began an intense personal and internal search for the truth. In the fall of 2010, Natalie experienced what she refers to as "...the end of seeking. I was done," she says. "I had no more questions. I needed no more answers. What was sought had been found."

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:57 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:53 am

The Heartmind (part 1 of 4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoHhdbdkVm8

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:53 pm

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche's unique essay on "Dharma Art":

"Our attitude and integrity as artists are very important. We need to encourage and nourish the notion that we are not going to yield to the neurotic world. Inch by inch, step-by-step, our effort should wake people up through the world of art rather than please everyone and go along with the current. It might be painful for your clients or your audience to take the splinter out of their system, so to speak. It probably will be quite painful for them to accommodate such pressure coming from the artist's vision. However, that should be done, and it is necessary. Otherwise, the world will go downhill, and the artist will go downhill also."

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:00 am

"When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free."

- Catherine Ponder

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:16 am

Patch Parables 1 - The Parable of the Sandcastles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=berqscDOtYg

Patch Parables 2 - The Parable of the Lute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4kzG5DbzoA

Patch Parables 3 - The Parable of the Raft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPqv4GemVLc

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:29 am

The Dance Of Stillness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVcpvUNeStg

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:33 am

David Parrish - Buddha at the Gas Pump Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcLU7Qipccw

Since early on in my life I had a strong sense that I was more than my circumstances. I had strange experiences that I did not comprehend at the time and I somehow knew not to talk about them. I spent much of my time in my own world as a small child. As I grew into my early teens I had out of the body experiences and while I was fascinated by them I did not know what was happening. When these experiences occurred I was not alarmed or concerned I somehow knew that there was nothing to fear. It was many years later that I learned about these experiences and realized what had occurred.

When I was in my late teens and early twenties I was exposed to the "Hippie" culture and came across LSD. On several occasions while under the influence of this drug I stumbled into a distinctly different state of consciousness that was so complete and fulfilling in every way that I was certain that this was a possible state of experience that could be accessed. It was as if the experience was one in which I was totally myself, with full knowledge of life, with a calm loving and joyful interest in all that appeared before me. For most of my life I have considered this experience to be what enlightenment is. Only recently as the natural state took hold have I come to see that this is simply one of the experiences available in a life, and that it is often confused with the natural state.

As my life continued after completing undergraduate school I took a job at an maximum security prison as a basic education teacher and counselor. I needed the money and thought it would be an interesting experience. The world inside the prison was so brutal and bizarre that it shook me deeply and I felt a commitment to somehow help the prisoners to realize an experience of freedom from their suffering. I ended up working 32 years in prisons as counselor, a psychologist and for the last 12 years as an assistant warden and then warden.

I implemented and personally led programming for prisoners during this time to provide access to the teachings of the East and the new teachings appearing in the West that offered freedom. My approach and views on prison were not popular with many of the guards and punishment oriented administrators. In 2007 I was fired for procedural violations.

Over these years I studied and practiced meditation, and read the works of all of the Eastern and Western teachers I came across. Some of the works that influenced me the most were the writings of Carlos Castaneda, Alan Watts, and J. Krishnamurti, the work of Werner Erhard, George Gurdjieff, and most recently the work of John Sherman.

Since leaving prison work I have continued with a small psychology practice and work with the chronically mentally ill. After meeting John Sherman a year ago and beginning a book on his discovery of the portal to the natural state, I started leading meetings at a local retreat center, and experienced the calling to teach from what I had learned.

The heart of my teaching is the "already here" idea. What I mean by this is that the possibility of fulfillment and what has been called "enlightenment" is already here. The experience of this is repressed by a condition of fear that is eliminated by the most obvious and simple action imaginable, the act of looking at yourself. John Sherman distinguished this action after many years of inquiry and exploration.

I have had the privilege of working with John and his wife Carla to develop the delivery of this work and create a project to bring it to all of humanity. As I began to work with John and Carla and work on the book to record the discovery of this revolutionary action that actually works to connect us to the actuality of our nature, I found that my particular voice and teaching was totally in alignment with this act and that the act is the key to experiencing the natural state.

I am just now coming out as a teacher and sorting out what form that will take. I believe that all teachers emerging to bring sanity to the world must work together to develop an effective approach to reach all of humanity.

Interview recorded 12/11/2011

Love Always
    mudra

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 8:00 am