tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+30
Jenetta
oliverclay
Floyd
magamud
seekeroftruth
THEeXchanger
Owlsden
Beren
malletzky
Carol
Brook
Rasa
earthian
immortalisdolor
HigherLove
Sanicle
iysun
devakas
Anchor
eMonkey
TRANCOSO
spiritwarrior
greybeard
Nebula
Mercuriel
Balance
pedro m
truth and integrity
ClearWater
mudra
34 posters

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Post  mudra Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:23 pm

Breaking the Spell (trailer) ~ Arunachala Satsang with Mooji recorded 30 January 2010 in Tiruvannamalai, India.

"Real light is arising from the Self; mind is an illusionary reflection that has no light of its own; transcending the world is transcending thought" - these topics and many others are spoken with Mooji in this DVD (slightly over 2 hours long) entitled "Breaking the Spell".

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Post  mudra Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:09 pm

The Absolute

No mind, no form, I only exist;
    Now ceased all will and thought;
    The final end of Nature's dance,
    I am it whom I have sought.

A realm of Bliss bare, ultimate;
    Beyond both knower and known;
    A rest immense I enjoy at last;
    I face the One alone.

I have crossed the secret ways of life,
    I have become the Goal.
    The Truth immutable is revealed;
    I am the way, the God-Soul.

My spirit aware of all the heights,
    I am mute in the core of the Sun.
    I barter nothing with time and deeds;
    My cosmic play is done.

- Sri Chinmoy

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:10 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 5 1165917678_gal_untitled_1

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others,
    even to the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
    If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter,
    for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
    Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
    it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
    Exercise caution in your business affairs,
    for the world is full of trickery.
    But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
    many persons strive for high ideals,
    and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.
    Neither be cynical about love;
    for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
    it is as perennial as the grass.
    Take kindly the counsel of the years,
    gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
    Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
    But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
    Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.
    You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you,
    no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be.
    And whatever your labors and aspirations,
    in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace with your soul.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams,
    it is still a beautiful world.
    Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

- Max Ehrmann

Love Always
    mudra
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:50 pm

I am come from the eternal stillness.
    Quietness and confidence are mine.

-Ernest Holmes

BC
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:52 pm

What can this moment teach me?
    How can I use this slowness to tune in to the Soul?

-Ram Dass

BC
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:50 am

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:39 am

Love Always
    mudra
    truth and integrity

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 5 Empty The Chalice of Wisdom

Post  truth and integrity Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:13 am

Mudra wrote:
    "Do not waste yourself in rejection, nor bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of the good."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don’t waste yourself in rejection…..Hmm……………….Facing the painful feelings of rejection lead us to the real spiritual growth because it shows us our wounds that need to healed. But to heal it we need to feel it and examine those feelings. Sometimes people reject us because our behavior hurts them. If they don’t challenge our behavior we don’t need to change but hurt others again and again. Sometimes, their rejection has nothing to do with us. In fact, they may reject the aspect of themselves we mirror to them. As a result, they are caught up in endless projections and therefore endless pain they try to escape. My heart is broken when I witness it. I am amazed how creative we can be to escape our pain. Even spirituality can be used as a means of avoiding our feelings. Sadly, this behavior reflects a deep mind programming as we were trained not to be honest with ourselves and others. But we were also programmed to protect other’s feelings, blocking ourselves and others to grow spiritually. There is always safety in the truth, whether it be knowing God’s truth or knowing the truth about ourselves. Therefore, it is so important to accept and express the truth who we are because God only enters into honest and equal friendship or relationship.

Love,
    t&i

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:15 pm

I can see how facing painfull feelings of rejection is different from wasting ourselves in rejection.
    In the former we consciously bring things to our awareness until they dissolve while the latter would be a compulsive focus on negativity that drains all energy .
    Thank you Truth for highlighting that point The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 5 374937

Love from me
    mudra
    truth and integrity

Post  truth and integrity Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:06 pm

Mudra,Hugs
    I have good laughter when I read quotes of males’ philosophers or spiritual teachers who are trying hard to make sense of their life. I don’t mean to offend men but they bring a perspective and analysis from their left brain and they don’t know how to work through their feelings since they were programmed to avoid feelings and its expression. There was a time in my life where I was so fascinated by their theories.:;lol: But the answer is much simpler and TPTB can only control us through left brain.
    Love,
    t&i

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:49 pm

Hopefully the female and male energy will reach a point of balance Truth sunny

Love for You
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 5 Balance_by_applecorekevin

Love Always
    mudra
    truth and integrity

Post  truth and integrity Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:22 pm

I do hope that we will go to any lengths to balance our female and male energy.:;lol:
    Love,
    t&i

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 5 Balance2
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:34 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 5 Hq_4_212

Love Always
    mudra
    truth and integrity

Post  truth and integrity Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:08 am

Love is the only way to grasp another human being in the innermost core of his personality. No one can become fully aware of the very essence of another human being unless he loves him. By his love he is enabled to see the essential traits and feature.
    Victor Frankl

V. Frankl’s life, a concentration camp survivor and psychiatrist, is one on the most inspiring examples.

Love,
    t&i

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 5 Ringaroundtherose
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:55 pm

Out beyond ideas of wrong doing and right doing,
    there is a field.
    I will met you there.

-Rumi

easy to repeat this one.
    Love,
    Bushycat
    truth and integrity

Post  truth and integrity Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:46 am

Bushycat,
    What at about being real?
    Love,
    t&i
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:20 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 5 3134696697_427ffecde7

Authenticity

http://www.beyond-karma.com/

2010 will continue the evolution you have been feeling for some time now.
    You may be tired from the climb of recent years. The seeking, and frustration, and the times when you think you’ve risen above some spiritual threshold only to be humbled back down, and the times of three steps forward and two back—all of it is tiring.
    Perhaps you dabbled in spirituality. But if you hang around these circles you’ve run into a “spiritualized” ego. I know one right now. A “spiritualized” ego is in need of acknowledgment of its past suffering, and in need of approval of the many ways in which it is attached to spiritual concepts, and concerned about what is true spirituality and what is not, and why others just don’t get it.
    But the fear is still palpable in between the lines of these stories.
    The highest monk of them all, the Buddha said, don’t believe anything, even if I said it, go and look for yourself. And another very spiritual patriarch clarified, “Do not seek Truth; only cease to cherish illusions.” For some, spirituality is their most cherished illusion. Go figure.
    Or you’ve dabbled in practices. Take the practice of being present. Being present is tricky. If you are truly and fully able to be present, that is it, that is awakening. But when you want to be present, it is the mind and the ego which decide to be present, and presence is not something the mind understands.You try to be present, and presence is very scary for the ego, so it immediately rebels, and creates a mental space it calls presence. The ego says, well, it looks like you are determined to be present, so here you go. This presence that the mind creates is lifeless, boring, and empty.
    And you say, wait a minute, where is all that damned peace and bliss that everyone else talks about? Are they just pretending? You wonder if you are doing it wrong or there is something more you need to understand.
    Or you’ve dabbled in meditation, and realized that the meditator gets in the way. Meditation is about allowing.
    Maybe you’ve chased positive thinking, or sought out your purpose, or dived into the law of attraction. You soon realize that all those are just more stories of the ego, stories of accumulating. Awakening is not about getting, it is about letting go.
    Maybe it’s awareness, and you remember the time you said it can’t be this simple and you remember the time when you thought it was a practice. You remember the time that you thought you can’t release until you understand it more.
    You’ve dabbled in these things. It’s not about particular spiritual concepts or particular practices. All of that is seeking. Seeking does not bring about finding, but it does bring about self-honesty.
    With self-honesty comes the the very humbling realization that all of our intentions, even our spiritual intentions, particularly our spiritual intentions, are suffused with the ego.
    And yet seeking is what you do, because that’s what you know. You continue to meditate, be aware, release, or whatever your particular stories are, but now with the realization that all of these are stories, and eventually they will all be jettisoned. Now you can relax. You no longer meditate for the meditator.
    Progress if that’s the right word is now grounded in reality, and you are more sensitive to subtle energies. It isn’t about special powers or the ability to see signs and serendipity. It isn’t about the ability to see through the ego–that is perhaps the ego’s most diabolical story, when the illusion of spiritual advancement is believed.
    With self-honesty comes the amazing humility that even now you may be fooling yourself. You don’t need to resolve this strange conflict.You are leaving behind validation and taking the risks toward authenticity.
    You accept that there are bumps and grinds, and stuff will come up and stay for a while until you release it, and this can be uncomfortable and humbling, but now that you accept this, there isn’t much fear about it. You even look forward to it. You invite it.
    Your outer life will unfold in ways which are not always comfortable. This is a bit of a mystery. Perhaps Essence is teaching the ego.
    The swirling energies that are you and everything else are benevolent. You know this and you say this and other people say it, and sometimes it feels just like something people in these circles say automatically, like they say have a nice day, and other times there is a overwhelming knowingness of it.
    You don’t need to stuff everything down inside you anymore. That’s really nice. You don’t have to be pretend to be strong or spiritual, and you are so thankful for this, because at one time you did pretend and pretending is so exhausting. This is better. You only have to be strong enough to be honest with yourself. This is gritty, real, authentic, and accepting.
    Everything is what you call love-peace-joy because you don’t know what else to call it. It is this knowingness that has been calling. There is no turning back. The things you do that align with love-peace-joy are easy and flowing. The things you do that do not align are lessons to be learned.

Fascinating.

Love Always
    mudra
    truth and integrity

Post  truth and integrity Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:06 am

Mudra, Hugs
    You are right. The key is to be authentic and not to be afraid to express who we are.It requires inner strengths to face all limitations that were imposed on us since we were born. I always feel fascinated to watch people who could release the emotional blockages and enter primal creativity. In fact, the more we are authentic the more spontaneous and creative we become. I love dance because dance is a barometer of our internal limitations.
    Love,
    t&i

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 5 BlueBallerina
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:06 am

"Better than a thousand hollow words,
    is one word that brings peace."

- Buddha

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:12 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 5 Norwegian-angel-abstract-digital-art-fractal-an_angels_home

To Serve is to Shine as the Flowering Mystery
    and Act in Ways Vast and Subtle,
    Guided by Wisdom and Compassion,
    Moved as the Winds of Spirit Propel Your Being.

Service can refer to both one’s lifetime mission,
    as well as the moment to moment invitation to support life
    as it is occurring right in front of our eyes.

The more we keep centering in our hearts
    and sensitizing our awareness to the depths of what it means to be alive,
    the more we perceive the callings from within,
    and the more we understand the needs confronting us.
    In this process, our bonds with life deepen
    and we feel more and more held by the benevolence of the Whole.

The essence of service is that one feels passionately, gratefully alive
    and wishes to consciously participate in the circulation of this loving gratitude -
    humbly serving the Whole that upholds life -
    being an agent of that benevolent presence in action.

Ultimately, Service is INTUITIVE.

How service manifests is relative to the person and to the intuition of the moment.

Our task is to follow our heart’s promptings,
    because in the scheme of Totality, its all relevant and has its own timing.

Life is a journey providing limitless ways to serve.
    As we open up to life’s intelligence inside of us, this becomes more clear.
    The opportunities and callings for service change from one moment to the next
    as the waves of life unfold over time.

While the authentic spirit of service is available to explore all
    the ways and avenues to be of help,
    it seems that when people are doing what they genuinely love,
    they can’t help but be of service to the whole.
    Each of us has unique gifts and abilities,
    specific passions and inclinations that we can develop
    and offer for the upliftment of our communities and our world!

As we live our lives in ways that inspire us to feel Electrically Alive,
    our path of service naturally presents itself.
    Therefore, let us continue to follow our spirits and liberate our passions,
    knowing that as we feel truly alive,
    our service will gracefully emerge and flower.
    As we humbly bestow the world with our ray, our note,
    we offer beauty to the collective dream.

http://galacticculture.wordpress.com/2009/09/29/service/

Love Always
    mudra
    truth and integrity

Post  truth and integrity Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:20 am

“Rest in reason; move in passion”

Khalil Gibran
    Love,
    t&i

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 5 Dancer2bycliffwarner
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun May 02, 2010 7:56 am

EQUANIMITY

Equanimity
    adapted from a talk by Gil Fronsdal, May 29th, 2004

Equanimity is one of the most sublime emotions of Buddhist practice. It is the ground for wisdom and freedom and the protector of compassion and love. While some may think of equanimity as dry neutrality or cool aloofness, mature equanimity produces a radiance and warmth of being. The Buddha described a mind filled with equanimity as “abundant, exalted, immeasurable, without hostility and without ill-will.”

The English word “equanimity” translates two separate Pali words used by the Buddha. Each represents a different aspect of equanimity.

The most common Pali word translated as “equanimity” is upekkha, meaning “to look over.” It refers to the equanimity that arises from the power of observation, the ability to see without being caught by what we see. When well-developed, such power gives rise to a great sense of peace.

Upekkha can also refer to the ease that comes from seeing a bigger picture. Colloquially, in India the word was sometimes used to mean “to see with patience.” We might understand this as “seeing with understanding.” For example, when we know not to take offensive words personally, we are less likely to react to what was said. Instead, we remain at ease or equanimous. This form of equanimity is sometimes compared to grandmotherly love. The grandmother clearly loves her grandchildren but, thanks to her experience with her own children, is less likely to be caught up in the drama of her grandchildren’s lives.

The second word often translated as equanimity is tatramajjhattata, a compound made of simple Pali words. Tatra, meaning “there,” sometimes refers to “all these things.” Majjha means “middle,” and tata means “to stand or to pose.” Put together, the word becomes “to stand in the middle of all this.” As a form of equanimity, “being in the middle” refers to balance, to remaining centered in the middle of whatever is happening. This balance comes from inner strength or stability. The strong presence of inner calm, well-being, confidence, vitality, or integrity can keep us upright, like a ballast keeps a ship upright in strong winds. As inner strength develops, equanimity follows.

Equanimity is a protection from the “eight worldly winds”: praise and blame, success and failure, pleasure and pain, fame and disrepute. Becoming attached to or excessively elated with success, praise, fame or pleasure can be a set-up for suffering when the winds of life change direction. For example, success can be wonderful, but if it leads to arrogance, we have more to lose in future challenges. Becoming personally invested in praise can tend toward conceit. Identifying with failure, we may feel incompetent or inadequate. Reacting to pain, we may become discouraged. If we understand or feel that our sense of inner well-being is independent of the eight winds, we are more likely to remain on an even keel in their midst.

One approach to developing equanimity is to cultivate the qualities of mind that support it. Seven mental qualities support the development of equanimity.

The first is virtue or integrity. When we live and act with integrity, we feel confident about our actions and words, which results in the equanimity of blamelessness. The ancient Buddhist texts speak of being able to go into any assembly of people and feel blameless.

The second support for equanimity is the sense of assurance that comes from faith. While any kind of faith can provide equanimity, faith grounded in wisdom is especially powerful. The Pali word for faith, saddha, is also translated as conviction or confidence. If we have confidence, for example, in our ability to engage in a spiritual practice, then we are more likely to meet its challenges with equanimity.

The third support is a well-developed mind. Much as we might develop physical strength, balance, and stability of the body in a gym, so too can we develop strength, balance and stability of the mind. This is done through practices that cultivate calm, concentration and mindfulness. When the mind is calm, we are less likely to be blown about by the worldly winds.

The fourth support is a sense of well-being. We do not need to leave well-being to chance. In Buddhism, it is considered appropriate and helpful to cultivate and enhance our well-being. We often overlook the well-being that is easily available in daily life. Even taking time to enjoy one’s tea or the sunset can be a training in well-being.

The fifth support for equanimity is understanding or wisdom. Wisdom is an important factor in learning to have an accepting awareness, to be present for whatever is happening without the mind or heart contracting or resisting. Wisdom can teach us to separate people’s actions from who they are. We can agree or disagree with their actions, but remain balanced in our relationship with them. We can also understand that our own thoughts and impulses are the result of impersonal conditions. By not taking them so personally, we are more likely to stay at ease with their arising.

Another way wisdom supports equanimity is in understanding that people are responsible for their own decisions, which helps us to find equanimity in the face of other people’s suffering. We can wish the best for them, but we avoid being buffeted by a false sense of responsibility for their well-being.

One of the most powerful ways to use wisdom to facilitate equanimity is to be mindful of when equanimity is absent. Honest awareness of what makes us imbalanced helps us to learn how to find balance.

The sixth support is insight, a deep seeing into the nature of things as they are. One of the primary insights is the nature of impermanence. In the deepest forms of this insight, we see that things change so quickly that we can’t hold onto anything, and eventually the mind lets go of clinging. Letting go brings equanimity; the greater the letting go, the deeper the equanimity.

The final support is freedom, which comes as we begin to let go of our reactive tendencies. We can get a taste of what this means by noticing areas in which we were once reactive but are no longer. For example, some issues that upset us when we were teenagers prompt no reaction at all now that we are adults. In Buddhist practice, we work to expand the range of life experiences in which we are free.

These two forms of equanimity, the one that comes from the power of observation, and the one that comes from inner balance, come together in mindfulness practice. As mindfulness becomes stronger, so does our equanimity. We see with greater independence and freedom. And, at the same time, equanimity becomes an inner strength that keeps us balanced in middle of all that is.

Arrow http://www.insightmeditationcenter.org/books-articles/articles/equanimity/

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
    truth and integrity

Post  truth and integrity Sun May 02, 2010 11:53 am

Hmm……..When TPTB started introducing Buddhist and Hindu religion to West, it was their goal to have people who experience this reality with blank and detached mind. As they invested their energy and money into mind control research, they know that blank and detached mind can be easily programmed. Introducing Eastern religion as well as introducing educational system proposed in 50’ by Alice Bailey was very successful. It is very well researched that 2/3 of people can’t think critically and accept everything at a face value from scientists, spiritual teachers, or other authority. Sadly, people become detached from their emotions and experience this reality in a zombie like state. It was also a goal of TPTB. They want us not to have any feelings when we see mistreatment, abuse, or any violation of our rights. What a clever way to control people. But when we suppress our anger or hate, we suppress our love and passion. What a horrible life to walk through life without love and deep passion that energize our body and our minds. In fact, the greatest things that people could create come from deep passion.

Love,
    t&i

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 5 VORTEX_OF_PASSION_by_Leonidafremov
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun May 02, 2010 3:28 pm

truth and integrity wrote: In fact, the greatest things that people could create
    come from deep passion.

Indeed Truth passion creates the world diversified and colorfull .
    There is great passion and beauty flowing through a master piece and yet it takes total undisturbed presence to execute it .

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 5 934918

Love Always
    mudra

truth and integrity

Post  truth and integrity Sun May 02, 2010 6:19 pm

Indeed Truth passion creates the world diversified and colorfull .
    There is great passion and beauty flowing through a master piece and yet it takes total undisturbed presence to execute it .

Mudra Hugs

Yes. When people are engaged in the art making process, they are fully present. It is the essence of art making. But you can recognize looking at somebody’s art if the person suppresses his/her feelings or control them and the person who is fully in touch with her or his feelings. Great art comes from deep passion that is from feelings. In fact, people who suppress or control their feelings are the most psychologically disturbed people.
    Love,
    t&i

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:35 pm