tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+34
MargueriteBee
Anchor
SERAFiNA
Truthseeker
devakas
AscendingStarseed
Chris
giovonni
ClearWater
Jonah
CetaceousOne
Brook
Instigator
Vidya Moksha
Floyd
enemyofNWO
newel
lawlessline
Nebula
sabina
Jenetta
monique
anomalous cowherd
spiritwarrior
Gita
Mercuriel
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Micjer
burgundia
lindabaker
mudra
Seashore
Carol
gscraig
38 posters

EARTH CHANGES 2011 DAILY UPDATES

mudra
    mudra

EARTH CHANGES 2011 DAILY UPDATES - Page 12 Empty Re: EARTH CHANGES 2011 DAILY UPDATES

Post  mudra Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:28 pm

29 August 2010
    Fears for Pakistani town after new flood levee breaches

EARTH CHANGES 2011 DAILY UPDATES - Page 12 _48904370_010053787-1

Officials in southern Pakistan are battling to save the town of Thatta, where the raging Indus river has breached more of its levees.

Tens of thousands of people have fled the town in the past few days and some outlying districts were reported to already be under water.

Continue reading the main story
    Pakistan's Monsoon Floods

Floods 'consuming' southern villages
    Damage and challenges
    Army boosted by aid effort
    Your pictures: Shangla
    The town in Sindh province is now all but abandoned, reports say.

The massive floods in Pakistan have lasted for more than a month, leaving 8m people in need of emergency relief.

A local official in Thatta said it could take up to three days to repair the breaches.

But even if they can be repaired, the thousands who have fled their homes are now without shelter.

As the waters start to recede in the north of the country, the full extent of the damage has begun to emerge.

The UN Office for the Co-ordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) has warned that the Indus river in the south has swollen to 40 times its usual capacity.

More than seven million people have now been displaced in southern Sindh province - one million in the past few days alone. Out of the 23 districts in the province, 19 have so far been badly affected by the floods.

Across the country, some 17 million people have been affected.

read more : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11121215

Love Always
    mudra
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

EARTH CHANGES 2011 DAILY UPDATES - Page 12 Empty Re: EARTH CHANGES 2011 DAILY UPDATES

Post  lindabaker Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:37 pm

Guys, this is amazing! Mudslide like you have never seen before, even California.

Italy Mud slide
    http://sorisomail.com/email/42722/ja...-montanha.html

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Impressive Linda
    Hope no one was hurt there.

Love from me
    mudra
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:18 pm

That mudslide happened in February 2010...
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:19 pm

Watching the mudslide made me want to grab a radio and warn the people below! Of course, I am sure that the police there would have done that, but maybe not. It is stunning, and makes people freeze in amazement. It was interesting watching the people running, people leaving in their cars. That slide was huge and I never want to see one!

My translator widget asked me if I wanted to translate from Portuguese. Was that not Italy?
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:38 pm

burgundia wrote:That mudslide happened in February 2010...

I remember news about it, but never got a follow up! I don't remember if everyone made it out without any trouble.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:53 pm

Magnitude 7.0 earthquake - SOUTH ISLAND OF NEW ZEALAND
    2010 September 03 16:35:46 UTC

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2010atbj.html

Major Earthquake In New Zealand Causes “Extensive Damage,” Say Authorities

http://www.mediaite.com/online/major-earthquake-in-new-zealand-causes-extensive-damage-say-authorities/

New Zealand’s second-largest city, Christchurch, was hit with a massive 7.2 Richter-scale earthquake earlier this afternoon (4:35 AM Saturday local time), and authorities are reporting that the damage in the city is “extensive,” with several major buildings either in complete collapse or close to it.

NBC is reporting that, while there was “no immediate danger” of a tsunami, the damage on the land from the already occurring quake could continue due to aftershocks. For now, the the city of about 340,000 must contend with several collapsed buildings and the severe limitation of transport in the area, including the temporary closing of Christchurch Airport and the closing of several roads. Power has also been cut in most of the area, and telephone lines are down.

Fox News reports that, in terms of the human costs, “there were no immediate reports of injuries, though some residents there said buildings had collapsed and power lines were severed,” and while New Zealand registers about 14,000 earthquakes per year, most are not severe, and “the last two major earthquakes did not result in any casualties.”

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:04 pm

Heat Wave in Kentucky

Kentucky farmer's corn pops in the field
    The University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service is now looking into what's being called an unusual phenomenon.
    Posted: 11:26 AM Sep 2, 2010

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/102066688.html

You expect to find popcorn in the grocery store.. but what about in farm field? A Hardin County farmer says that some ears of his corn in a field have 'popped' on the stalk. Patrick Preston took photos of his popcorn and sent it to the UK Ag Extension for an explanation.

"The other guys were asking if he had put butter on it and if he sold it that way. They're really giving him a hard time about it," says UK Extension Agent Dr. Chad Lee.

But it doesn't look like you might think.

"The picture that was sent look like a bunch of popped corn, it's yellow. It's not white popcorn looking but corn literally did pop in the field. It was that hot," says Dr. Lee.

Dr. Lee explains that the kernels formed during a time of high heat, then it rained and kernels began filling again.

"It kept filling until it actually ruptured the seed coat and caused it to pop open," says Dr. Lee.

Exploding kernels are very uncommon and something most agriculture agents have never seen before with this kind of corn. The E-town farmer along with many others across the Bluegrass are fighting crop disease and pests. Now that it's time to harvest, farmers are finding that the lack of rain and high heat are causing the corn to suffer. That in the end may cut into their profits.

Dr. Lee says, "We're seeing maybe a 20% drop in corn from what we had last year and very erratic conditions."

At this time in the season, rain is not needed. The corn stalks have to dry in the fields before it's harvested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ivNFXMF7Cc

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Wild weather continues to batter SA
    04/09/2010

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/09/04/3002509.htm?section=justin

Heavy rain and storms have continued to lash South Australia overnight, causing flooding and cutting power to thousands of homes.

In the last 24 hours, nearly 100 millimetres of rain has fallen at Leigh Creek in the state's far north.

Edinburgh has received 52 mm, 48 mm has fallen at Mount Lofty and Adelaide has received just under 40 mm.

About 40,000 homes were blacked out yesterday and 2,000 are still without power.

The Country Fire Service said a large farm dam was threatening to burst near Port Lincoln, on Eyre Peninsula.

It said about 200 residents in the Little Swamp/Greenpatch area would be affected.

Love Always
    mudra
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:53 pm

my first earthquake and I slept through it, though I am a few hundred miles away from the epicentre, it woke my flat mate and neighbours up!

mudra wrote:Magnitude 7.0 earthquake - SOUTH ISLAND OF NEW ZEALAND
    2010 September 03 16:35:46 UTC

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2010atbj.html

Major Earthquake In New Zealand Causes “Extensive Damage,” Say Authorities

http://www.mediaite.com/online/major-earthquake-in-new-zealand-causes-extensive-damage-say-authorities/

New Zealand’s second-largest city, Christchurch, was hit with a massive 7.2 Richter-scale earthquake earlier this afternoon (4:35 AM Saturday local time), and authorities are reporting that the damage in the city is “extensive,” with several major buildings either in complete collapse or close to it.

mudra
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:17 pm

We are so glad you are okay. Please keep us updated. I have friends I would like to hear from in N.Zealand...
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:19 pm

This one should make your day.

Second super-fast flip of Earth's poles found

SOME 16 million years ago, north became south in a matter of years. Such fast flips are impossible, according to models of the Earth's core, but this is now the second time that evidence has been found.

The magnetic poles swap every 300,000 years, a process that normally takes up to 5000 years. In 1995 an ancient lava flow with an unusual magnetic pattern was discovered in Oregon. It suggested that the field at the time was moving by 6 degrees a day - at least 10,000 times faster than usual. "Not many people believed it," says Scott Bogue of Occidental College in Los Angeles.

Now Bogue and his colleague Jonathan Glen of the United States Geological Survey in Menlo Park, California, say they have found a second example in Nevada. The lava rock suggests that in one year, Earth's magnetic field shifted by 53 degrees (Geophysical Research Letters, DOI: 10.1029/2010GL044286). At that rate, a full flip would take less than four years, but there could be another interpretation. "It may have been a burst of rapid acceleration that punctuated the steady movement of the field," says Bogue.

Peter Olson of Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, remains sceptical and points out that the effects could have been local rather than global.

Earth is overdue for a reversal, and rapid shifts would cause widespread chaos - for navigation and migratory birds for instance.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20727765.000-second-superfast-flip-of-earths-poles-found.html

and this little tidbit.

Ultraluminous Gamma Ray Burst 080607 – A "Monster In The Dark"

Gamma Ray Bursts (GRBs) are among the most energetic phenomena astronomers regularly observe. These events are triggered by massive explosions and a large amount of the energy if focused into narrow beams that sweep across the universe. These beams are so tightly concentrated that they can be seen across the visible universe and allow astronomers to probe the universe's history.
    Sep 3, 2010 - 3:16:05 PM

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:36 am

I am astounded by the most recent news from New Zealand, Christchurch. There is terrific damage, but not one fatality reported. That to me is a freakin miracle! Am I just not educated on such things, or is this normal that every building seems to be highly damaged, but the people are okay?
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:42 am

I know Carmen is living in New Zealand.
    Anyone having news about her ?

Love from me
    mudra
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:45 am

I will look for Carmen.
    lawlessline
    lawlessline

Post  lawlessline Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:55 am

About 2 weeks ago the geomagnectic field lines, sometimes known as ley lines grew by a third. In dec2009 they doubled in size. This means that this growth was the same growth size as in 2009. It falls in time with the volcanoe down by NZ which was about 2 wks ago. This should show in EQ and volcano activity running up to xmas. If there is another increase at xmas this will push things into over drive.

Happy energy change.

t
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:01 am

My intuition is on high alert for quakes in the Americas now. I'm getting concerned about the New Madrid fault and the Appalachian very very old fault lines. (Of course, that would affect me and my family.) The WebBot project says several large quakes are on their way, and I would say New Zealand definitely qualifies as one of them. No injuries reported so far. The quakes seem to go in a reverse U shaped sequence: North Asia/Russia, then South Asia, then over to South America or Caribbean, then up to N. America. Then the cycle starts over. Has anyone noticed this pattern before?
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:06 am

lindabaker wrote:I am astounded by the most recent news from New Zealand, Christchurch. There is terrific damage, but not one fatality reported. That to me is a freakin miracle! Am I just not educated on such things, or is this normal that every building seems to be highly damaged, but the people are okay?

It was early morning so few people about...

also there are very few houses here that are made from bricks and concrete, most are timber and tin roofs.. and very few houses are multi storey.. Im guessing this had a lot to do with the lack of injuries to people.

I see the same images of the collapsed brick work... perhaps the timber structures withstood the shock a lot better. I know people in the middle of this, they say it was really scary for sure, but a lot of shaking and broken items in the house with no real structural damage (again, likely to be construction materials that saved the day)
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:08 am

mudra wrote:I know Carmen is living in New Zealand.

Love from me
    mudra

my guess is she is fine, though close to the epicentre, and very likely without power, the grid is down for many miles around Chch
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:23 am

Thanks, Vidya. It's reassuring to hear that their normal type of construction was beneficial. Wood is flexible, concrete is not. I never liked the stuff...
    monique
    monique

Post  monique Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:28 am

lindabaker wrote:Watching the mudslide made me want to grab a radio and warn the people below! Of course, I am sure that the police there would have done that, but maybe not. It is stunning, and makes people freeze in amazement. It was interesting watching the people running, people leaving in their cars. That slide was huge and I never want to see one!

My translator widget asked me if I wanted to translate from Portuguese. Was that not Italy?

Linda, i see this film other day, the spoken language was italian - the blog was from Portugal.

I'm happy that nobody is dead by reason of the earthquake in Nova Zelandia.

Best regards, Monique.
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:39 am

Monique, I like how you write Nova Zelandia. So much prettier words. Please check your profile...you have friend requests waiting. Hey, everybody, check your profiles. There is no visible message that you have a friend request, you have to check. Linda

We have a friend from another forum, Carmen, whom we will hear from eventually, as soon as she has electricity and internet. I know it may not be polite to ask, but are you in Italy?
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:32 pm

monique wrote:
    lindabaker wrote:Watching the mudslide made me want to grab a radio and warn the people below! Of course, I am sure that the police there would have done that, but maybe not. It is stunning, and makes people freeze in amazement. It was interesting watching the people running, people leaving in their cars. That slide was huge and I never want to see one!

Linda, i see this film other day, the spoken language was italian - the blog was from Portugal.

I'm happy that nobody is dead by reason of the earthquake in Nova Zelandia.

Best regards, Monique.

In Polish we say Nowa Zelandia too..(pronounced NOVA Wink
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:03 pm

It has started shaking again in Aquila, italy, the place which was devastated by an earthquake not so long ago...
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:55 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:
    mudra wrote:I know Carmen is living in New Zealand.

Love from me
    mudra

my guess is she is fine, though close to the epicentre, and very likely without power, the grid is down for many miles around Chch

I received an email today from Carmen:

Carmen Slee to me
    show details 4:47 PM (1 hour ago)

Hi Linda.

Yes, all is well. The quake was North from us. We rocked and rolled for a bit, but nothing shifted or broke. Spoke to friends yesterday near Christchurch. Nobody hurt, but their houses are trashed and in some cases structurally broken. This will be the trend for New Zealand for awhile, I know. We are actually in the safest area as far as fault lines are concerned. The quake certainly woke people up to earth changes! Thanks for your enquiry.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:16 am