tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+22
We Are You
Eartheart
Aquaries1111
hobbit
Lionhawk
Brook
burgundia
lindabaker
Beren
Sanicle
Rasa
starninja
malletzky
icecold
Mercuriel
TRANCOSO
Mariadine
Floyd
mudra
Carol
Vidya Moksha
devakas
26 posters

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts

devakas
    devakas

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 18 Empty Re: Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts

Post  devakas Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:30 pm

devakas
    devakas

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 18 Empty Re: Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts

Post  devakas Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:33 pm

WHO WE ARE

thank you to dear Ravindra-svarupa dasa

i discovered this article now and would like to share with ALL.

http://www.krishna.com/who-are-we

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:50 pm

Rasa wrote:

I thought it will be of interest mainly for two reasons:
    1) Dr.Dean Brown is a theoretical physicist and sanskrit scholar mentions how modern days science is influenced by sanscrit and Vedic cosmology.

He was mentioning Sri Isopanisad . This is an invokation verse.

2) oḿ pūrṇam adaḥ pūrṇam idaḿ
    pūrṇāt pūrṇam udacyate
    pūrṇasya pūrṇam ādāya
    pūrṇam evāvaśiṣyate

TRANSLATION

The Personality of Godhead is perfect and complete, and because He is completely perfect, all emanations from Him, such as this phenomenal world, are perfectly equipped as complete wholes. Whatever is produced of the Complete Whole is also complete in itself. Because He is the Complete Whole, even though so many complete units emanate from Him, He remains the complete balance.

bump
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:38 am

There is an open Discussion on the Existence of God between ISKCON spiritual master Sivarama Swami and Dr Stephen Law at University College, London.

Can you see mind talking? mind versus intelect... see who will win in the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMuHMVVoPjw

my opinion is that when soul has a need to burn karma, god provides it to us with HIS mercy... causal ocean
    .... other souls incarnate to help to fullfill the desire ... this is why we meet again and again. fluidility?...
    There are so many wonderful experiments done...

to all my friends flower flower flower

devakas
    study
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:54 pm

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:25 pm

for dear friends

Hare Krishnas work day night to build the Swami Prabhupadas vision as it is already written in Vedas and followed by bona fide masters. as soon as the Vedic planetarium will be build, humanity will learn completely and complete science of our and cosmic egzistance. Western science will be shaken to the grounds.

It is work for God.

This is a huge project especially when it is told to follow the Vedas.

Vedic Planetarium
    http://www.tovp.org/

with love to mists

devakas

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:53 pm

this is great lecture by Swami Prabhupada. London 1973

santa
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Vedas' knowledge is divine. The fundamental of the Vedas is this that it was not written or spoken. The knowledge by the power of God was originated about one Arab 96 crore, 8 lakhs and 53,000 years ago. Then first time the four rishis of unsexual creation started pronunciation of the mantras by the power of God. God wanted to make them known to know wordmeanings and senses of the mantras. and therefore the rishis knew all. Then first time the four rishis started pronunciation of the mantras. They taught the mantras to other ignorant people. Then another rishis were produced who knew the Vedas by heart by listening only. There was no paper, ink or pen there. The Vedas were being learnt by moth to mouth and traditionallythis process is yet in force. But mostly not by heart but taking help of the printed book. So printed books are not called Vedas but these are called samhita. Samhita means the collection of Ved mantras. therefore Vedas are not books as yet and will never be in future but samhita. Kapil Muni throw light on this point in his Sankhya shastra 5/48 that when a rishi does tapsya in the shape of Yagya, study of Vedas, practice of ashtang yoga then the ved mantras are still (now also) originates in heart and the rishi pronounces the mantras and those mantras are called Vedas, emanates from God. so Vedas must first listen (study) FROM alive Acharya (Guru who knows Vedas). Then books of Vedas can help only.

http://www.vedmandir.com/node/98
    interesting answers
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Interview. We must know the process.

http://holysm0ke.tripod.com/Ascot.html

well wisher
    devakas
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:23 pm

humour - sitting mayavadis

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 18 Medita10
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:26 am

Well Devakas....after doing a proper grounding and centering.....I used this Mantra today and decided to re-post it here....looks like it's been a while since you've updated this thread. It's a treasure Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 18 157623

Namaste Devakas

btw...I've felt your love and concern.....it's always appreciated Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 18 374937
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:07 am

Dear Brook, we all need grounding moments. The 'discusion' was hot for sure, but it happened and it is passed now. All things have to pass. There are benefits from you Brook and Floyd as experts in the debunking so many junky movements or debunking 'enlightened' ones who has an agenda or simply under spell. I sincerely hope you are doing good. I thank you so much so much for letting me know that you think Vedas is a Treasure. Warmed my heart. I listened Prema and enjoyed too with you. Here is one for you:
    The Karen
    Hare Krishna Reggae
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi79SPPkmh0

Namaste Brook!

I will try to update thread. Love subject....

devakas

Last edited by devakas on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:45 am; edited 2 times in total
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:29 am

Scientific Proof of the Soul

A conversation with His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

The following conversation between His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada and an Indian doctor took place in September 1973 at the Hare Krishna center in London.

Doctor: Can you scientifically prove that the soul exists? I mean, is it purely a matter of belief, or—

Srila Prabhupada: No, it is a scientific fact. Our science is perfect, because we are receiving knowledge from the perfect source, Krishna. And modern so-called science is imperfect, because the scientists’ knowledge is received from imperfect sources. However great a scientist you may be, you have to admit that your senses are imperfect.

Doctor: Yes.

Srila Prabhupada: So, imperfect senses can give only imperfect knowledge. What you are calling scientific knowledge is bogus, because the men who have produced that knowledge are imperfect. How can you expect perfect knowledge from an imperfect person?

Doctor: It’s a question of degree.

Srila Prabhupada: My point is that if you are unable to give perfect knowledge, what is the use of taking knowledge from you?

Doctor: Yes, I accept that view. But how do you prove that the soul exists?

Srila Prabhupada: You take information from the perfect source, Krishna, or from Krishna’s representative, who repeats the words of Krishna. That is our process of proof. Evam parampara-praptam: “Transcendental knowledge must be received in disciplic succession.” We don’t accept knowledge from a rascal; we accept knowledge from Krishna, the Supreme. I may be a rascal, but because I am receiving knowledge from the perfect source and repeating that, whatever I say is perfect. A child may be ignorant—he does not know what is what—but because he has learned that a certain article is called “table,” when he says “Father, this is a table,” his words are perfect. Similarly, if you hear from the perfect person and believe that, then your knowledge is perfect. Krishna says tatha dehantara- praptih: “After death the spirit soul enters another material body.” We accept it. We don’t require proof from a so-called scientist, who’s imperfect.

Doctor: So the question of belief comes first.

Srila Prabhupada: It is not belief; it is fact.

Doctor: Yes, but how do you prove that fact?

Srila Prabhupada: That Krishna says so is proof.

Doctor: [very sarcastically] “It has been said by Krishna.” But—

Srila Prabhupada: That is our Vedic proof. Whenever we say something, we immediately quote from the Vedic literature to support it. This is our process of proof, which is just like that in the law court. When a lawyer is arguing in court, he must quote from previous judgments. Then his argument will be accepted by the judge as legal proof. Similarly, as soon as we say something, we immediately support it by quoting from the Vedic literature. That is the way of proof in spiritual matters. Otherwise, what are the scriptures for? If they are merely products of mental speculation, what is the use of these books?

Of course, the Vedic literature also presents the Absolute Truth with all logic and reasoning. For example, in the Bhagavad-gita Krishna says,

dehino ‘smin yatha dehe
    kaumaram yauvanam jara
    tatha dehantara-praptir
    dhiras tatra na muhyati

“The soul is changing his body from childhood to youth and from youth to old age. Similarly, the soul enters another body at death.” Where is the illogical presentation? This is scientific. For an intelligent man, this is scientific proof. And if he’s still dull-headed, what can be done?

Doctor: But the soul is invisible. How can you be so sure it exists?

Srila Prabhupada: Just because something is invisible doesn’t mean we can’t know it exists. The subtle body of mind, intelligence, and ego is also invisible to you, but you know that the subtle body is there. We have two kinds of bodies: a gross body of earth, water, fire, air, and ether, and a subtle body of mind, intelligence, and ego. You can see the body of earth, water, and so on, but can you see the subtle body? Can you see the mind? Can you see the intelligence? Yet everyone knows you have a mind and I have a mind.

Doctor: These are something abstract, you know.

Srila Prabhupada: No, not abstract. They are subtle matter, that’s all. You simply have no eyes to see them.

Doctor: Well, at present we have three methods for studying the intelligence—

Srila Prabhupada: Anyway, you accept that the subtle body exists even though you cannot see it. That is my point. Similarly, the soul exists even though you cannot see it. The soul is covered by the subtle and the gross bodies. What is known as death is the annihilation of the gross body. The subtle body remains and carries the soul to a place where he can again grow another material body just suitable for fulfilling the desires of his mind.

English guest: You mean the subtle body and the soul are the same thing?

Srila Prabhupada: No, the soul is different from the subtle body. The soul is finer than intelligence. These things are all explained in the Bhagavad-gita [3.42]:

indriyani parany ahur
    indriyebhyah param manah
    manasas tu para buddhir
    yo buddheh paratas tu sah

First of all, in the gross understanding, we are aware of only the senses of the body. Those who are like animals think that the senses are all in all. They do not understand that the senses are controlled by the mind. If one’s mind is distorted, then his senses cannot work; he is a madman. So the controller of the senses is the mind. And above the mind is the intelligence. And above the intelligence is the soul.

We cannot see even the mind and intelligence, so how can we see the soul? But the soul has his existence, his magnitude. And if one has no understanding of the spirit soul, he is no better than an animal, because he is identifying himself with his gross and subtle bodies.

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:33 am

I found very interesting how Vedas originated and very special Protection of Vedas

The origin of Vedas is not as simple as a human-like God sitting on some throne sending
    some angel to narrate divine message to some human being. Vedas represent eternal knowledge
    that is already within us. Its origin and dissemination
    is critically linked with creation of universe and propagation of intelligent life.
    It is how God communicates with all of us.

In previous Yugas(Golden and etc.) Vedic knowledge was known by heart. Later was passed from mouth to mouth
    to preserve the unwritten Vedas in original form to safeguard their tonal and verbal purity.

They laid down rules to make sure that not even a syllable was changed in chanting,
    not even a svara was altered. In this way they ensured that the full benefits were
    derived from intoning the mantras. They fixed the time taken to enunciate each
    syllable of a word and called this unit of time or time interval “matra”.

How we must regulate our breathing to produce the desired vibration
    in a particular part of our body so that the sound of the syllable
    enunciated is produced in its pure form: this science is explained in the Vedanga called Shiksha

These marks called Swara Chinha depict the method of pronunciation.
    These markers ensure that not even a single syllable can be altered from any Vedic mantra.

In traditional gurukuls, pupils memorize the locations of these Swaras through
    specific hand or head movements. Thus you would see them moving their hands
    or head while reciting the Vedic mantras. And if a slightest error in Swara
    is found in recitation, they would easily pin-point it.

Further, different gurukuls specialize in studying different Patha methods
    would still have the same Swara system in place, thereby easily tracking
    accuracy of each Vedic mantra to last syllable.

A remarkable method was devised to make sure that words and syllables are not altered.

Purpose of such methods, as already mentioned,is to ensure that not
    even a syllable of a mantra is altered to the slightest extent.
    The words are braided together, so to speak, and recited back and forth.

In jata patha method, the first word of the mantra is chanted with the second,
    then the order is reversed-the second is chanted with the first.
    Then, again, the first word is chanted with the second, then the second with the third,
    and so on. In this way the entire mantra is chanted, going back and forth.

As a medicine in laboratory is taken precautions, The sound of the Vedas quarded against any ills.
    All to protect the sound of the scripture against slightest change and distortion, the original form will not
    be altered.

This example gives a faint glimpse of how the vedas in spite of
    its massive content, (Rg veda has 153,826 words
    10,589 mantras) have been preserved from generation
    to generation though it was all done only by oral transmission.

who has learnt the Ghana recital of one complete veda it takes
    thirteen years of whole time work to reach that stage.

If the original order of words in a sentence is:

1/2/3/4/5

The ghana recital goes as follows:

12/21/123/321/123/

23/32/234/432/234/

34/43/345/543/345/

45/54/45/

5 iti 5.

The significant point to note here is that in Sanskrit the order
    of words does not matter.

Normally each Gurukul specializes in one particular Paath and One
    Particular Vedas. Few scholars spend more efforts to master more.
    This helps ensure cross-verification of Vedas across different gurukuls.

The words Dwivedi, Trivedi, Chaturvedi for example demonstrate
    mastery of number of Vedas.

श्रीभगवानुवाच
    इमं विवस्वते योगं प्रोक्तवानहमव्ययम् ।
    विवस्वान्मनवे प्राह मनुरिक्ष्वाकवेऽब्रवीत् ॥४-१॥
    Bhagavan said: I revealed this immortal
    Yoga to Vivasvan (Sun-god); Vivasvan conveyed
    it to Manu(his son); and Manu imparted it to
    (his son) Iksvaku..(BG – 4.1)

एवं परम्पराप्राप्तमिमं राजर्षयो विदुः ।
    स कालेनेह महता योगो नष्टः परन्तप ॥४-२॥
    Thus transmitted in succession from father to
    son, Arjuna, this Yoga remained known to the
    Rajarishis(royal sages). Through long lapse of
    time, this Yoga got lost to the world.(BG – 4.2)

स एवायं मया तेऽद्य योगः प्रोक्तः पुरातनः ।
    भक्तोऽसि मे सखा चेति रहस्यं ह्येतदुत्तमम् ॥४-३॥
    The same ancient Yoga, which is the supreme
    secret, has this day been imparted to you by Me,
    because you are My devotee and friend.(BG – 4.3)

अर्जुन उवाच
    अपरं भवतो जन्म परं जन्म विवस्वतः ।
    कथमेतद्विजानीयां त्वमादौ प्रोक्तवानिति ॥४-४॥
    Arjuna said: You are of recent origin, while the birth of Vivasvan dates back to remote antiquity.How, then, am I to believe that You imparted this
    Yoga at the beginning of the creation!(BG – 4.4)

श्रीभगवानुवाच
    बहूनि मे व्यतीतानि जन्मानि तव चार्जुन ।
    तान्यहं वेद सर्वाणि न त्वं वेत्थ परन्तप ॥४-५॥
    Bhagavan said : Arjuna, you and I have
    passed through many births, I remember them all;
    you do not remember, O chastiser of foes.(BG – 4.5)
    सहस्रयुगपर्यन्तमहर्यद् ब्रह्मणो विदुः।
    रात्रिं युगसहस्रान्तां तेऽहोरात्रविदो जनाः॥८-१७॥
    Those Yogis who know from realization Brahma’s
    day as covering a thousand Mahayugas, and so his
    night as extending to another thousand Mahayugas
    know the reality about Time. (BG – 8.17)

devakas

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:37 am

for Brook

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 18 Image-10

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 18 Image-12
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:55 am

for dear Burgundia

The Karen

Last edited by devakas on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:03 am

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 18 679_ra10

The Karen

forgoten love to be awaken in our hearts...

Vedic ancient literature describes many demigods and demons in existance.
    But in Bhagavad Gita Supreme Personality of God Krishna says to his student Arjuna- Surender onto me, and leave other gods.
    Then you will return to me. If it is not absolute everything than it is not god. God is everything, everytime and everywhere and all universal energies.
    Our individual souls and devine source is connection that can be compared with sun source and light individual souls and Radha as sunshine. God is always with us, in us and we belong to him.
    The love to return back to godhead, backhome is this in us. We are under ignorance spell in this material world to be awaken to return to father-God. In spiritual world
    Krishnas love devine extended energy (shakti description) his love energy is sleeping in our hearts to be awaken. To reconect back. In Vedas it is described nicely as his beloved Radha, or his better half.
    Krishna is very attracted and always with her. When Radha is 'dancing' "Among women I am fame, fortune, speech, memory, intelligence, faithfulness and patience. Chapter 10,Verse 35

Therefore in Vrindavana you'll find all the devotees chanting Radharani's name more than Krishna's.
    Wherever you'll go, you'll find the devotees greeting one another, "Jaya Radhe!" You'll find this still in Vrindavana.
    The devotees are glorifying Radharani.

If you go by the speculative process to understand Krishna, it will take many, many lives.
    But if you take to devotional service and just try to please Radharani, Krishna will be gotten very easily.
    Radharani can deliver Krishna. She is so great a devotee, the emblem of maha-bhagavata.
    Even Krishna cannot understand the quality of Radharani's devotion.
    Although Krishna says vedaham samatitani-"I know everything"-He fails to understand Radharani. She is so great.
    I posted this as there was a question to deeper understand love. Very deep.... in our hearts.

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 18 Radha10

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:41 am

for bro Mercuriel

The Karen

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:47 am

for dear Carol I hope you will heal soon and rains will stop in volcano soon to warm your heart.

The Karen The Karen The Karen

devakas
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:34 pm

more Vedic wisdom

famous city city city of all going crazy about

Ortho, I discovered that you are King Wink

chapters 25-29 of Canto Four in the BHAGAVATA PURANA, a Sanskrit text from India

nice work done by Michael Cremo, my favorite scientist.

THE CITY OF NINE GATES
    by Michael A. Cremo

Having departed from the spiritual world, by misuse of independence, King Puranjana journeys through the material world, accompanied by Avijnata Sakha ("the unknown friend").
    The Unknown Friend corresponds to the Supersoul expansion of God.
    Then Puranjana leaves God and the spiritual world. His memory of them becomes covered.
    But unknown to Puranjana, God accompanies him on his journey through the material world.
    According to the BHAGAVATA PURANA, God accompanies all spirit souls in the material world as their Unknown Friend, who observes and sanctions their activities.

Having left the spiritual world, Puranjana, accompanied by Avijnata Sakha (his Unknown Friend, the Supersoul), wanders through the material world. He desires to find a suitable place to enjoy himself. In other words, he searches for a suitable kind of body to inhabit. He tries many kinds of bodies on many planets.
    Here we note that each species of life consists of a soul inhabiting a particular kind of body.

Eventually, Puranjana comes to a place called Nava Dvara Pura, the City of Nine Gates. He finds it quite attractive.
    The City of Nine Gates represents the human male body, with its nine openings -- two eyes, two nostrils, two ears, mouth, anus and the genital opening.
    As Puranjana wanders through the gardens of the city, he encounters an extremely beautiful woman. Puranjana is attracted to her, and she is attracted to him. She becomes his Mahisi (Queen).

Puranjana, as we have seen, presents the conscious self. The beautiful women represents Buddhi, intelligence.
    According to the BHAGAVATA PURANA philosophy, intelligence is a subtle material energy with discriminatory capabilities like those manifested by artificial intelligence machines.

The attraction between King Puranjana and the Queen is the root of embodied consciousness.
    The King, it should be noted, has distinct conscious selfhood, with nonmaterial sensory capability, but this capability becomes dormant when he begins his relationship with the Queen.

The Queen (the subtle material element called intelligence) allows Puranjana (the conscious self) to enjoy the City of Nine Gates (the gross physical body).

The Queen is not, however, alone but is accompanied by eleven Mahabhatas (body guards) and a serpent with five heads.
    The bodyguards comprise the mind and the ten senses.
    The ten senses are made up of five JNANA-INDRIYAS (knowledge acquiring senses) and five KARMA-INDRIYAS (working senses).
    The five knowledge-acquiring senses are the senses of sight, smell, taste, hearing, and touch.
    The five working senses are those of walking, grasping, speaking, reproduction, and evacuation.

All ten senses are grouped around the mind. The ten senses are considered servants of the mind.
    Each of these servants has hundreds of wives. The wives are desires for material experience, and the senses act under their pressure.

According to this system, the senses are different from the physical sense organs.
    The senses are part of the invisible subtle material covering of the soul, along with the mind and intelligence.
    The physical organs of sensation (the eyes, nose, tongue, ears, skin, legs, arms, mouth, genitals, and anus) are part of the gross physical body that is visible to the eyes.

The senses are compared to attendants of the Queen. They serve her by bringing information and conducting activity.
    Together they comprise the array of material intelligence and sensory capabilities, all formed from subtle but nevertheless material energy.
    Combined, they manufacture a sense of self, with which the King becomes entranced and falsely identifies.

The body itself, the City of Nine Gates, is made of gross material energy, of the kind that can be manipulated by ordinary physics and chemistry.
    It is powered by five subtle airs, listed in the AYUR VEDA, the Vedic medical science, as prana, apana, vyana, smana, and udana.
    In the Puranjana allegory, the five airs, comprising the vital force, are represented by a five-headed serpent.

In the allegory, Puranjana asks about the identity and origin of the Queen and her attendants.
    The Queen replies, "O best of human beings, I do not know who has begotten me. I cannot speak to you perfectly about this. Nor do I know the names or the origins of the associates with me.
    "O great hero, we only know that we are existing in this place. We do not know what will come after. Indeed, we are so foolish that we do not care to understand who has created this beautiful place for our residence.
    "My dear gentleman, all these men and women with me are known as my friends, and the snake, who always remains awake, protects this city even during my sleeping hours.
    "So much I know. I do not know anything beyond this. You have somehow or other come here. This is certainly a great fortune for me. I wish all auspicious things for you.
    "You have a great desire to satisfy your senses, and all my friends and I shall try out best in all respects to fulfill your desires. I have just arranged this city of nine gates for you so that you can have all kinds of sense gratification. You may live here for one hundred years, and everything for your sense gratification will be supplied."

The King's questioning the Queen represents the self's interrogation of material intelligence for the answers to ultimate questions.
    The answers provided by the Queen, as well as her fundamental attitude, reflect those of modern science, which prides itself on avoidance of certain questions and the tentativeness of whatever answers it may provide. "I cannot speak to you perfectly about this... We only know that we are existing in this place."

Essentially, the Queen provides a monist, materialist answer to the King's questions about his situation.

The BHAGAVATA PURANA then provides a more detailed description of the nine gates of the city inhabited by the King and Queen.
    Seven of the gates are on the surface (the two ears, two nostrils, and mouth), and two of the gates are subterranean (the anus and the genitals). Five of the gates face east.

The first two gates on the eastern side are called Khadyota (glowworm) and Avirmukhi (torchlight).
    In order to see, the King would exit these two gates, and go to the city called Vibhrajita (clear vision).
    On this journey he would be accompanied by his friend Dyuman (the sun, the ruler of the subtle visual sense).
    In the eastern part of King Puranjana's city there are, in addition to the eyes, two gates called Nalini and Naalini, representing the nostrils.
    The King would go through these two gates with a friend called Avadhuta (representing breathing and airs) to the town of Saurbha (odor).

The last gate on the eastern side of Mukhya (the mouth), through which the King would go with two friends to the towns of taste sensation and nourishment.
    Through the two gates on the northern and southern sides (the ears), the King would go to places where different kinds of sound were heard.

Through the gates on the western side of the city, the King would go to the towns where sensations of sexual pleasure and evacuation are experienced.

During his journeys, the King would take help from two blind men, Nirvak and Peshakrit, who represent the arms and legs.

In all his activities, the King would follow the lead of the Queen. In other words, the conscious self in the material world becomes conditioned by material intelligence.
    The BHAGAVATA PURANA says: "When the Queen drank liquor, King Puranjana also engaged in drinking. When the Queen dined, he used to dine with her, and when she chewed, King Puranjana used to chew along with her. When the Queen sang, he also sang, and when the Queen laughed, he also laughed.
    "When the Queen talked loosely, he also talked loosely, and when the Queen walked, the King walked behind her. When the Queen would stand still, the King would also stand still, and when the Queen would lie down in bed, he would also follow and lie down with her. When the Queen sat, he would also sit, and when the Queen heard something, he would follow her to hear the same thing.
    "When the Queen touched something, the King would also touch it, and when the dear Queen was lamenting, the poor King also had to follow her in lamentation. In the same way, when the Queen felt enjoyment, he also enjoyed, and when the Queen was satisfied, the King also felt satisfaction."

As noted above, an important question that arises concerning dualist solutions to the mind/body question is how a nonmaterial conscious mind interacts with material sense objects.
    In this model, there is an answer to this question. As seen above, the interaction is based on illusory identification.

To understand the nature of this illusory identification, we first need to readjust the familiar mind/body dualism to a triadic conception incorporating:
    (1) a nonmaterial conscious self,
    (2) a subtle material body formed of mind and intelligence, and
    (3) a physical body composed of gross matter.

In this model, the mind is a subtle material substance, associated with material intelligence.

Queen Vaidarbhi (formerly King Puranjana) is overwhelmed with grief at her husband's departure.
    At this point, King Puranjana's Unknown Friend (the Supersoul), appears before Vaidarbhi as a brahmana sage.
    The brahmana says to Vaidarbhi: "My dear friend, even though you can not immediately recognize Me, can't you remember that in the past you had a very intimate friend? Unfortunately, you gave up My company and accepted a position as enjoyer of this material world. . . You were simply captivated in this body of nine gates."
    The brahmana then instructs Vaidarbhi further about her original position as purely spiritual self in the spiritual world.

source
    http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/Pages/CityOf9Gates.html

Very nice article cheers

http://www.dandavats.com/?p=4786

more related here

http://www.kriyajoga.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=57

with much love
    devakas

sunny

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:15 pm

There is only to God way or away from God.

In other words back to creator or further from him.
    In other words back to home or further from home.
    In other words i am with nature laws or against nature.
    In other words dharma to god or karma act in matter
    Pure consciousness vs impure matter(temporarity, misery, ignorance)
    purity vs ego impurities, desires
    immortality vs cycle of reincarnation (samsara)
    reality of self vs ignorance (tama guna), veil of maya, veil of ignorance, veil of illiusion
    to connect to god or live in ego system

Kali goddess gives what your ego wants
    Very Happy

to fight against illiusion in kali yuga only one simple mantra was prescribed by Vedas

Vedic knowledge explains all.
    warning!! It is dangerous knowledge for impure ego. Knowledge can be given, and can be taken away with ease.

devakas

The Karen

Last edited by devakas on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:28 am

Ceridwen pointed to great videos. hope it is ok with you that I will post here for others to consider to start to get on the right path

title sucks, but great vedic insights

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:38 am

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:20 pm

"The soul who meditates on the Self is content to serve the Self and rests satisfied within the Self; there remains nothing more for him to accomplish."
    Bhagavad Gita
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Floyd wrote:"The soul who meditates on the Self is content to serve the Self and rests satisfied within the Self; there remains nothing more for him to accomplish."
    Bhagavad Gita

sunny

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:52 pm