tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+22
We Are You
Eartheart
Aquaries1111
hobbit
Lionhawk
Brook
burgundia
lindabaker
Beren
Sanicle
Rasa
starninja
malletzky
icecold
Mercuriel
TRANCOSO
Mariadine
Floyd
mudra
Carol
Vidya Moksha
devakas
26 posters

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts

Rasa
    Rasa

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 Empty Re: Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts

Post  Rasa Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Bhagavad-gītā As It Is 17.2

śrī-bhagavān uvāca

tri-vidhā bhavati śraddhā

dehināḿ sā svabhāva-jā

sāttvikī rājasī caiva

tāmasī ceti tāḿ śṛṇu

TRANSLATION by His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada

The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: According to the modes of nature acquired by the embodied soul, one's faith can be of three kinds — in goodness, in passion or in ignorance.

PURPORT by His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada

Those who know the rules and regulations of the scriptures but out of laziness or indolence give up following these rules and regulations are governed by the modes of material nature. According to their previous activities in the mode of goodness, passion or ignorance, they acquire a nature which is of a specific quality. The association of the living entity with the different modes of nature has been going on perpetually; since the living entity is in contact with material nature, he acquires different types of mentality according to his association with the material modes. But this nature can be changed if one associates with a bona fide spiritual master and abides by his rules and the scriptures. Gradually, one can change his position from ignorance to goodness, or from passion to goodness. The conclusion is that blind faith in a particular mode of nature cannot help a person become elevated to the perfectional stage. One has to consider things carefully, with intelligence, in the association of a bona fide spiritual master. Thus one can change his position to a higher mode of nature.
    Rasa
    Rasa

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 Empty Re: Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts

Post  Rasa Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:41 am

Thank you Brook, for a wonderful clip with gayatri mantra!

Thank you Devakas for inspiring tread !

Thank you Sanicle for your deep intellect

Thank you Floyd for your good and open heard

Thank you Mudra for your peaceful spirit

Thank you Carol for your well wishing attitude.
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:42 am

Rasa wrote:Thank you Brook, for a wonderful clip with gayatri mantra!

Thank you Devakas for inspiring tread !

Thank you Sanicle for your deep intellect

Thank you Floyd for your good and open heard

Thank you Mudra for your peaceful spirit

Thank you Carol for your well wishing attitude.

Thanks from me Rasa. I'm really happy you joined us here at the Mists. I see you as a fine and good Soul. Hugs
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:55 am

Thank you Rasa .
    I am blessing your arrival in the soul family .

The Karen

Love for you
    mudra
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:36 pm

The description by Mudra of the Bodhi was misunderstood by Starninja. To label something "new age" (in derision) only means one has not yet experienced this state of consciousness, whatever label is put upon it. We have all bashed our heads. Let us not forget how painful it is before the Bodhi experience. There's a before and after. Starninja will eventually stop focusing on what is untrue (justifiably so) long enough for the Bodhi to happen. No matter what it is called. It has many names. You either allow it, or bash your head. If what I just said is mind controlled information, you can bun me.
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:36 pm

my father told me long time ago they studied Vedas in boys gimnazium. He said it was taught as philosophy but not religion.

I had no doubt of the forum spirit, knowledge and experience from forum members that it will come peace on this topic. This is why this forum is so precious, full of goodness and very very attractive. I am happy it exists. So much wisdom in one place, comparing with other forums.
    Thank you all for your wise words. This is not competition of anything, there is nothing to compete in this world, but share and learn.
    I love all your gardens you grow and share, you are so beautiful of doing it, I know am behind you. Embarassed

I will share what I will find related to talks on this forum.

Thank you all from my heart. I love you Brook, I saved on my desktop the mantra you are sharing. Thanks for sharing this energy. I am finding it amazingly beautiful, wow. Thank you for this gift. Thanks for last couple interviews you shared on forum. It takes our understanding to another level what is going on this planet. It is great research done about new phenomena of children incarnating to this earth. It says something. The gene manipulators will should go to hell. It is amazing how time is speeding up and we learn so much important things almost daily, isn't it?

with love from me
    devakas

I do not know Bodhi meaning. Is it somehow related to be 'second born'?

While reading Vedic literature I am finding the gaps of this ancient teachings and todays science. I think number one what it needs to be pulled back and accepted in all schools is Science of Soul. Truly.

Namaste
    Rasa
    Rasa

Post  Rasa Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:27 pm

Starninja wrote

“They were glowing reports published giving credits to gurus but neglecting to mention of thousands of cases of mental and emotional brake down, insanity, suicide, beatings, murder, and rapes in guru centers.”

But this is old news Star.Why are you beating the dead horse?
    We all know that. Corruption is everywhere. You said you are on the mission for people's empowerment and freedom. Didn't you know that to get that empowerment and freedom we have to deal with our own corruption first?
    Life is short. You don't want to die with your consciousness soaked in other people's faults and loose the chance of achieving that freedom.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:45 pm

lindabaker wrote:The description by Mudra of the Bodhi was misunderstood by Starninja. To label something "new age" (in derision) only means one has not yet experienced this state of consciousness, whatever label is put upon it. We have all bashed our heads. Let us not forget how painful it is before the Bodhi experience. There's a before and after. Starninja will eventually stop focusing on what is untrue (justifiably so) long enough for the Bodhi to happen. No matter what it is called. It has many names. You either allow it, or bash your head. If what I just said is mind controlled information, you can bun me.

I am fine with StarNinja linda.
    I thank her for pushing my buttons and challenging my Heart at times.
    How would we experience awareness and Consciousness growth if there
    was nothing around ourselves to allow this to be Wink

Love from me
    mudra
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:22 pm

Mudra wrote:

I am fine with StarNinja linda.
    I thank her for pushing my buttons and challenging my Heart at times.
    How would we experience awareness and Consciousness growth if there
    was nothing around ourselves to allow this to be

Mudra, I would love to hear your experience that Linda was talking about. sunny I must have missed it. I always appreciate when people share their experience rather than talking about teachings or theories because I can feel and relate to them.

It is true that those who push our buttons are our best teachers. It is very freeing, isn’t it? I like when people show me my limitations so that I work through it and release it. Life is a journey. Well, many roads but one journey.
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:39 pm

It is said by many wisest that there is no question in human mind that would not be answered in Vedas.

I will go soon to second round of Bhagavad Gita perhaps. Very Happy
    But before that, I will share the essence of this gem that I found nicely presented by Krisha devoties in europa.
    Is is essence of the book, presented AS IS in ancient texts as word from creator and it is in very little nice overview. for all us.

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 1a10

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 2a10
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:43 pm

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 3a10
    Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 33a10
    Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 33b10
    Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 33c10
    Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 33d10
    Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 Map110
    Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 Map1a10
    Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 Map210
    Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 Map2a10
    Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 Map2b10
    Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 Map310

Last edited by devakas on Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:46 pm

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 410

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 510
    Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 611
    Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 710
    Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 810
    Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 910
    Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 10 1010

Last edited by devakas on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:06 pm

starninja wrote:
    Mudra, I would love to hear your experience that Linda was talking about. sunny I must have missed it. I always appreciate when people share their experience rather than talking about teachings or theories because I can feel and relate to them.

It is true that those who push our buttons are our best teachers. It is very freeing, isn’t it? I like when people show me my limitations so that I work through it and release it. Life is a journey. Well, many roads but one journey.

I am not aware of relaying any bodhi experience of this thread .
    However as you ask for it I 'll share what happened to me as I opened Old PA's doors . I never had felt inclined to join any forum before . It was all new to me and I did'nt quite know what to expect . Pablo came to greet me and we became friends .This helped me gradually find my way through the community.
    Then all of a sudden and without any warning I felt this great burst in my Heart . Like a laser beam crossing it from my back forward and Love was pouring out of me continuously in a way I had never experienced before . It took me a while to get used to it as the power of this was staggering . I remember having to cling onto walls for days as my body felt so light that I was nearly loosing balance. Nothing was quite the same anymore . I was radiating Love and people around me could see and feel it . I could do nothing else but carrying it forward and share the Love flow .
    Although I am not constantly in that state of Bliss anylonger this profoundly transformed me .
    If there is anything like "divinity " to me it is right there in the core of our Heart .

The Karen

Love from me
    mudra
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:25 pm

Mudra wrote:

I am not aware of relaying any bodhi experience of this thread .
    However as you ask for it I 'll share what happened to me as I opened Old PA's doors . I never had felt inclined to join any forum before . It was all new to me and I did'nt quite know what to expect . Pablo came to greet me and we became friends .This helped me gradually find my way through the community.
    Then all of a sudden and without any warning I felt this great burst in my Heart . Like a laser beam crossing it from my back forward and Love was pouring out of me continuously in a way I had never experienced before . It took me a while to get used to it as the power of this was staggering . I remember having to cling onto walls for days as my body felt so light that I was nearly loosing balance. Nothing was quite the same anymore . I was radiating Love and people around me could see and feel it . I could do nothing else but carrying it forward and share the Love flow .
    Although I am not constantly in that state of Bliss anylonger this profoundly transformed me .
    If there is anything like "divinity " to me it is right there in the core of our Heart .

Mudra, thank you for sharing your experience. I can relate to it as I had the similar experience but only for 4 days. That experience has opened my path toward spirituality as well as has helped my to find my passion.
    But then, I started to feel more deeply others feelings, particularly, their pain. It was overwhelming but it lead me to emotional healing that is my true passion. From perspective, I have a deeper understanding how my soul is guiding me to fulfill my purpose and learn my lessons. I don’t argue with my soul any more. Insanely Happy
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:03 pm

starninja wrote:
    Mudra, thank you for sharing your experience. I can relate to it as I had the similar experience but only for 4 days. That experience has opened my path toward spirituality as well as has helped my to find my passion.
    But then, I started to feel more deeply others feelings, particularly, their pain. It was overwhelming but it lead me to emotional healing that is my true passion. From perspective, I have a deeper understanding how my soul is guiding me to fulfill my purpose and learn my lessons. I don’t argue with my soul any more. Insanely Happy

I remember reading about this similar experience Starninja and could relate to it too sunny
    I understand where you are coming from and where your passion is driving you.
    Empathy , our ability to feel what another being feels is a great way to come to find the love that we are.
    Our present society has become numb on many levels as we gradually disconnected ourselves from life itself.

I love the following video . Pictures are worth a thousand words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otxGLQnIm4g

The Karen

Love from me
    mudra
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:36 pm

Mudra wrote:

I remember reading about this similar experience Starninja and could relate to it too
    I understand where you are coming from and where your passion is driving you.
    Empathy , our ability to feel what another being feels is a great way to come to find the love that we are.
    Our present society has become numb on many levels as we gradually disconnected ourselves from life itself.

I love the following video . Pictures are worth a thousand words
    Oh, Mudra thank you for this video. sunny But I have stopped breathing for a moment when I saw a hippo and I wanted to turn it off. I am glad that I didn’t.

I am in a total agreement that the ability to feel others feelings is extremely important. We can’t truly understand others if we can’t understand them on emotional level. Secondly, the more our hearts are opened and the more we feel, the lauder our intuition speaks. There is only win – win in being fully in touch with feelings and emotions. I agree that society has become numb and many would have to do a quite considerable work to feel again and have emotional awareness. My heart was broken when I studied research about emotional and mental health of our society. Today, 20 millions of people in US suffer from major depression, similar number suffers from anxiety, and if we add all of forms of addictions, we see that something is very wrong. I can’t be quiet about it and I want for everybody to have the experience you has had and I had.

This is my favorite video. Just for you. The Karen

Rasa
    Rasa

Post  Rasa Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:47 pm

Devakas wrote :
    Thank you all for your wise words. This is not competition of anything, there is nothing to compete in this world, but share and learn.
    I love all your gardens you grow and share, you are so beautiful of doing it, I know am behind you.
    Devakas you are posting really great stuff. And just because you are not trying to invent your own ways to achieve wisdom you are ahead of many. Humility is a prerequisite for receiving knowledge and you have that quality.

Devakas wrote:
    my father told me long time ago they studied Vedas in boys gymnasium. He said it was taught as philosophy but not religion.
    That’s correct. Vedic wisdom is not religion. It’s a science of the soul and of the Creator.
    Scientists by seeking supremacy in the department of knowledge by constantly chanting same slogans successfully engraved new meanings, such as: you have faith, where as we have knowledge. You have scriptures, where as we have scientific journals.

The interesting thing is that any knowledge requires faith. What does a student do other than come to the university? He sits in the class and takes everything on faith. Let say in physics professor speaks about neutrons, electrons, protons. Nobody has seen these things which are. They are metaphysical entities, but everyone takes this on faith because we accept the authority of a professor and the educational institution he represents. Now we may challenge the professor and ask him how does he know it’s true? He say anyone can prove it to themselves by doing the experiment. But if I say, I’d like to perform the experiment immediately the professor would no doubt inform me that before performing the experiment I have to learn the entire doctrine on which the experiment in based otherwise even if I would perform the experiment I wouldn’t understand what I was seeing. I’d only see blips of light on a cathode ray tube and some readings. I would not understand what it was that I was seeing. If I was to ask how long that will take the professor would answer it takes 4 years of undergraduate study and at least another 3 years as a post graduate student before anyone is let near that kind of expensive equipment. “You mean I have to wait 7 years just on faith”? This is the position. Not only that but scientists that are on the real cutting edge of any field number very few, perhaps only a few dozen. Only to the elite in a particular field really understand that science at its highest level and other scientist read about their conclusions in scientific journals. Faith is a prerequisite in any field of knowledge or endeavor. Similarly the Vedas are a similar tradition of knowledge and the science of self-realization is vividly described there. If one follows the directions under expert professor of spiritual science certainly he will get the same results as those self realized beings that have recorded their experiences in the past.

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:47 pm

Thank you for your kind words Rasa and thank you for great explanation.

Welcome to our forum! There are no blind folowers in mists. Posters here are very mature and open minded people.

I hope Vedas will be discovered back in universities and even schools...

Simply I think all should know where we came from and who we are. I think people are so involved in seeking temporary truth which lasts not long.

In your explanation I understand that we have faith to many various authorities, parents, teachers, professors, scientists, astronauts... or in other words nobody is authority to anybody. Nobody trust or have faith to anything.
    I can find examples of this too. If we can not trust scientists? What is authority?
    Rasa
    Rasa

Post  Rasa Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:53 am

Thank you Brook for sharing this with us.

Brook wrote:
    He told me that The Hindu teaching and the Buddha were very closely related in the natural order of existence. Then he surprised me one day and gave me two books. One was the Bhagavad Gita, the other was The Dhammapada written and translated for the modern reader by Eknath Easwaran.
    Yes, Lord Buddha’s appearance was predicted in the Srimad Bhagavatam 2,500 years before his appearance (see SB 1.3.24 ). He is a “saktyavesa avatara” which means he was empowered by the Supreme Lord to perform a particular function which cannot be performed by ordinary living beings.
    I am glad you received Bhagavad Gita from your friend. I am not familiar with the Dhammapada, but what you have quoted was very nice. These quotes correlates with Vedic teachings.

In Buddhism, enlightenment (sambodhi or bodhi) is an instantaneous experience in which mental activity is momentarily suspended completely and sleeping realms of consciousness are dazzled into full wakefulness. Bodhi is not nirvana. It is a temporary stilling of the mind, which brings illumination of consciousness; nirvana, the permanent release from all sources of suffering, is attained only when the experience of enlightenment has been repeated so often that it, not ordinary conditioned awareness, has become one's constant state. Only when the insights of bodhi are completely absorbed into one's character and conduct would the Buddha call a person truly awake.
    There is also a very nice description in the 11th Canto of the Srimad Bhagavatam, Chapter 15 which describes the different stages of consciousness gradually rising to the state of perfection called turiya which is similar to the Buddhist concept of nirvana. If you have time to go through the text you will find the difference between turiya and nirvana is that nirvana is cessation of material thought and the turiya stage is perception of the spiritual realm. There three stages of consciousness are described: wakefulness (jagrata), dreaming (svapna) and dreamless sleep (sushupti). Actually all three of these are different sleeping states of consciousness, because even in so-called wakefulness our consciousness covered by illusion within the material atmosphere. However, when we reach the fourth stage, the stage of turiya our original consciousness is revived free of material contamination and we awaken our spiritual consciousness. This is samadhi.

Last edited by Rasa on Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rasa
    Rasa

Post  Rasa Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:18 am

Thank you Mudra for sharing your experience. That's very inspiring. Thank you....
    Gods love comes to all of us in a different ways.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:23 am

starninja wrote:
    This is my favorite video. Just for you. The Karen

Thank you so much for your gift Star.
    I must say this is my favorite video too .

"To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides."

- David Viscott

Hugs

Love for you
    mudra
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:49 pm

What a great video mudra! Thanks. Animals are the best!!
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:57 pm

burgundia wrote:What a great video mudra! Thanks. Animals are the best!!

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/

videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/bornfreefoundation#p/u/2/_6URxu1cJpU
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:07 pm

Thanks Floyd. I have subscribed to the channel.
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:02 pm

I would like to add to my previous post a couple of videos.
    I have noticed that this tread was not that active since it has started on April 15, 1010. But since I have come here on May 27…it has filed 8 pages, Today is 9. LOL!

starninja wrote:
    devakas wrote:

There are no blind folowers in mists. Posters here are very mature and open minded people.

I hope Vedas will be discovered back in universities and even schools...

Simply I think all should know where we came from and who we are. I think people are so involved in seeking temporary truth which lasts not long.

In your explanation I understand that we have faith to many various authorities, parents, teachers, professors, scientists, astronauts... or in other words nobody is authority to anybody. Nobody trust or have faith to anything.
    I can find examples of this too. If we can not trust scientists? What is authority?

If people here were not blind followers, I would be happy. Please, don’t take it personally; otherwise, you are not going to hear what I say. When we accept any teachings without questioning and critical thinking, we are followers. It is as simple as that.

I put myself in fire for bringing some very uncomfortable research and I was surprised with response and denial. Even now, you hope that Veda will be discovers at universities and schools. Well, there are more and more scientists who are waking up and make research about the negative consequences of practicing TM and Veda. How can you be blind to pain of others? Why don’t you question the fact that people are lowered to the animal level as it was presented on the video I posted? It doesn’t add, does it? Well, people are waking up whether you like it or not and my heart is dancing with joy. I am sick and tired of seeing pain and suffering.

Secondly, I always questioned everything, however, I learned that I didn’t question enough. But I learned about it when my soul pushed me to be active on David Icke’s forum where I met a few members with sharp and questioning minds. I have learned that I didn’t checked the resources from where the information came as well as the background of a scientist or a teacher. I was shocked to notice that my critical thinking was not sharp enough. Members are nice on this forum but they don’t question or critically analyze any material posted and I did the same. But look what has happed what I returned here and became outspoken. I am not upset about it because it only has made me stronger. lol!

You have mentioned scientists. Can we really trust them? I will give you one example. Several years ago, I watched What the Bleep Do We Know. I listened to scientists and spiritual teachers and I believed them. I didn’t even think about doing research about the participants.

I have done recently. Let’s ‘ look at prof. David Z Albert, physicist, the author of Quantum Mechanics and Experience, who appeared at What the Bleep Do We Know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Albert

Prof. Albert appeared in the controversial movie What the Bleep Do We Know!? (2004). He was disappointed with the final product, claiming that the film's producers used selective editing to make him appear to agree with claims that he completely disagreed with.

According to a Popular Science article, he is "outraged at the final product." [1] The article states that Albert granted the filmmakers a near-four hour interview about quantum mechanics being unrelated to consciousness or spirituality. His interview was then edited and incorporated into the film in a way that misrepresented his views. In the article, Albert also expresses his feelings of gullibility after having been "taken" by the filmmakers. Although Albert is listed as a scientist taking part in the sequel to What the Bleep, called "Down the Rabbit Hole" [2], this sequel is a "director's cut", composed of extra footage from the filming of the first movie. [3] The "Down the Rabbit Hole" version features David as the first subject in the interview portion of the film. In that interview he expresses his disagreement with the major thrust of the original "What the Bleep Do We Know!?"

I have done more research about the participants and who founded the movie as well as about Ramtha's School of Enlightenment. But there were more scientists who promoted theory that quantum physic is connected with spirituality and consciousness. Can we really trust a person who is a scientist? Absolutely not and we need to seek the opinion of other scientists in this field before we accept any new theory in our minds.

Open-mindedness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69TOuqaqXI

Critical Thinking

Open-mindedness

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 4:26 pm