tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts

devakas
    devakas

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 19 Empty Re: Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts

Post  devakas on Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:10 pm

Mayavadis still in material illiusion. nirvana, cloud, nothingness...

There is nice article A Personal Look at the Nature of God:

http://www.krishna.com/personal-look-nature-god

Flowers
    mudra
    mudra

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 19 Empty Re: Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts

Post  mudra on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:42 pm

The Expansion of Consciousness
    Hazrat Inayat Khan

The consciousness is the intelligence; the intelligence is the soul; the soul is the spirit; and the spirit is God. Therefore consciousness is the divine element, consciousness is the God-part in us. And it is through consciousness that we become small or great, and through consciousness we either rise or fall, and through consciousness we become narrow or we expand. One finds in Greek mystical symbology and also elsewhere the two wings of an eagle, and this symbol is the symbol of consciousness. When the wings are open it means the expansion of consciousness, which can also be called the unfoldment of the soul. In any path you take, when you wish to go further in the spiritual journey, be it religion, occultism, philosophy, or mysticism, you have to come to the expansion of consciousness.

What is consciousness? When we say: 'a loaded gun', we mean that there is a bullet in it. Consciousness means the loaded intelligence, intelligence charged with knowledge, with impressions carrying ideas. When we speak of moving pictures, where are they? On the screen; but we do not see the screen, we see moving pictures. Consciousness is pure intelligence which is impregnated with some idea, which is conscious of something. And what is intelligence? Intelligence is the soul; there is no other trace of the soul to be found except the intelligence. Very often people, not understanding, say the seat of the soul is in the heart, or in the right or left side of man; but in reality there is something more expressive than any side of man's body, and that is intelligence.

There is a story which demonstrates the idea of the universal or general consciousness apart from individual consciousness. There was a magician who imagined that he was fluid, liquid, moving, rising and falling, and turning into the sea. Then he imagined, 'Now I am solid.' Atoms grouped together, froze and turned into ice. Then he thought, 'I am not so cold. I can try and be stable, and will not melt'; and he turned into stone. Next he said, 'Now I want to change. I do not want to remain stone.' And he became a tree. 'But,' he said, 'still I am not moving, not working'; and he twisted and moved, and turned into an insect. But the magician thought, 'How helpless it is to live as an insect! I should like to play and sing'; and he turned into a bird. Then he said, 'I want to be more gross and dense, and feel myself more intelligent'; and he turned into an animal. Finally he said, 'I want to stand on my hind legs, to stretch my spine'; and he turned into man.

This is the phenomenon of a magician who wanted, who imagined, something and who became it. One finds this idea also in the scriptures. In the Qur'an it is said, 'Be, and it became.' It was the magician's work: what he was conscious of, he became. First there was the consciousness, and then the idea it held turned into something.

But there is another question: if the magician was so powerful as to think and turn into something, then why did he himself become obscured? The answer is this, that when a man has said, 'I would like to rest, to go to sleep', naturally he has lost his activity. Turning into something made that consciousness, which is divine or universal consciousness, limited; and this limitation robbed it of its own consciousness. This is the deepest point of metaphysics. For instance, when the consciousness thought, 'I will turn into a rock, I am a rock', it became a rock. The consciousness did not lose its fluid substance, but intelligence no longer knew its own existence. And yet when the magician thought, 'I will turn into a rock', what went into the rock? Just one little thought of the magician. Only, because of that thought he could not express himself, nor feel as he felt in the condition of being a magician. When he turned into a rock he did not feel through this thought, he felt nothing.

read on: http://www.sufimessage.com/mental-purification/The%20Expansion%20of%20Consciousness.html

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:03 pm

Oooh I love this one :

Life In This World

Hazrat Inayat Khan

One may try to see from the point of view of another as well as from one's own, and so give freedom of thought to everybody because one demands it oneself; one may try to appreciate what is good in another, and overlook what one considers bad; if somebody behaves selfishly towards one, one may take it naturally, because it is human nature to be selfish, and so one is not disappointed; but if one appears oneself to be selfish, one should take oneself to task and try to improve. There is not anything one should not be ready to tolerate, and there is nobody whom one should not forgive. Never doubt those whom you trust; never hate those whom you love; never cast down those whom you once raise in your estimation. Wish to make friends with everyone you meet; make an effort to gain the friendship of those you find difficult; become indifferent to them only if you cannot succeed in your effort. Never wish to break the friendship once made.

If anyone causes harm, one should try to think it is because one has deserved it in some way, or else it is that the one who harms knows no better. Remember that every soul that raises its head in life gets much opposition from the world. It has been so with all the prophets, saints and sages, so one cannot expect to be exempt. In this is the law of nature, and also God's plan working and preparing something desirable. No one is either higher or lower than oneself. In all sources that fulfil one's need, one may see one source, God, the only source; and in admiring and in bowing before and in loving anyone, one may consider one is doing it to God. In sorrow one may look to God, and in joy one may thank Him. One does not bemoan the past, nor worry about the future;one tries only to make the best of today. One should know no failure, for even in a fall there is a stepping-stone to rise; but to the Sufi the rise and fail matter little. One does not repent for what one has done, since one thinks, says, and does what one means. One does not fear the consequences of performing one's wish in life, for what will be, will be.

Love Always
    mudra
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:57 am

Beautiful 1000 Names of God

I love you
    devakas

Last edited by devakas on Sun May 06, 2012 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:54 pm

namaste
    devakas

Last edited by devakas on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:25 pm

Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows: An Introduction to Carnism

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:11 pm

Ortho some answers to your inner debate

respect
    devakas
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:35 pm

Ortho : Once again, there are closed-door meetings with ThD and PhD participants -- which would lay all of this stuff out in great detail -- but they never invite me to such exclusive gatherings

http://news.iskcon.com/node/4243
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:07 am

from email today

The most astonishingly marvelous thing about existence is that it is so blissful. Thus it is absolutely pointless for anybody to be suffering, which is nothing but the pastime of fools. All one has to do to be swimming in an ocean of transcendental bliss at every moment is to reconnect himself with the origin of his existence, the Supreme Personality of Godhead Lord Sri Krishna, by following the simple, uncomplicated instructions which He so benevolently reveals in the Bhagavad-gita.

Hugs
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:16 am

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 19 20670910
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:32 am

The three modes of MATTER (three gunas)

The Three Modes of Material Nature

are the primary forces of creation.
    Sattva - perservation - goodness
    Rajas - creation - passion
    Tamas - desctruction - ignorance

devakas
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:54 am

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:06 pm

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 19 Modes-14pt_page_1

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 19 Threeg10
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Rising Above the Three Gunas

Sattvat sanjayate jnanam (14.17): Knowledge arises through sattva. Intellectuality, rationality, understanding, education, wisdom – all these are qualities of sattva. Rajaso lobha eva cha: Greed is the quality of rajas. Pramada – mohau tamaso bhavato’jnanameva cha (14.17): Ajnana (ignorance) and the inability to do anything with a consciousness of the effect of the action are results of tamoguna p rakriti.

Urdhvam gacchanti sattva-stha (14.18): Those who live in a state of sattva and depart while sattva is preponderating go to higher worlds. Madhye tishthanti rajasah: Those with rajoguna pravritti and those who die when the rajoguna pravritti is predominant will be reborn into this world. Madhya means middle-region, which is this earth. Jaghanya-guna-vrtti-stha adho gacchanti tamasah: Those who are predominantly tamasic and die while tamas is preponderating will be born in regions lower than the earth. The scriptures call them nether regions.

When a person with his eye of wisdom sees that all the drama of life is only a performance of the three gunas, and nobody does anything anywhere except the three gunas, and knows at the same time there is something above the three gunas – such a person attains to unity with Brahman. Nanyam gunebhah kartaram yada drashtanupasyati, gunebhyas cha param vetti madbhavam so’dhigacchati (14.19): “He attains to Me, attains union with Me in my Eternal State provided that there is a vision perpetually maintained by that person that there is no actor in this world, no performer of deeds other than the three gunas of prakriti, and one’s own real self is transcendent, above the three gunas. Such a person is liberated even while in this life itself.”

Gunan etan atitya trin dehi deha-samudbhavan, janma-mrtyu-jara-duhkhair vimukto’mrtam asnute (14.20): He attains immortality, free from the sorrow of birth, death, old age and the like; such a person attains the Eternal Abode. Who is that person? One who has transcended the three gunas, and is unaffected by sattva, unaffected by rajas, and unaffected by tamas.

What are the insignia of a person who has transcended the three gunas? Arjuna puts a question: “How can we recognise a person who has transcended the three gunas? What are his qualities? How does he behave?” Here is found the gunatita lakshana, which is almost similar to the qualities described as sthitaprajna lakshana in the Second Chapter.

Arjuna uvacha. Kair lingais trin gunan etan atito bhavati prabho; kim acharah katham chaitams trin gunan ativartate (14.21): “What are the marks of a person who has transcended the gunas? What are the ways in which he conducts himself in the world? Please tell me.”

Sri Bhagavan uvacha. Na dveshti sam-pravrttani na nivrttani kankshati (14.22): The Lord says, “When some effects follow due to the operation of sattva or of rajas or of tamas, the person who has transcended the qualities of prakriti neither is elated nor is disgusted, nor is there any resentment towards their operation.” When sattva operates, he does not exult. When rajas and tamas operate, he is not in any way affected. Whether the gunas are actively operating or whether they withdraw themselves into a state of inactivity, it makes no difference to this person, because he sees them as they are – objects of the witness consciousness – and he does not identify his consciousness with the three gunas.

Udasinavad asinao (14.23): He remains silent, taking no initiative in anything, appearing to be a person who has no intention of doing anything at all. He keeps quiet, knowing all things. He seems to be doing nothing, yet is internally doing many things. He is not affected then by the operation of the gunas even when they blow like a whirlwind on his person.

Guna vartanta ity eva yo’vatishthati nengate: Fickleness of the mind is caused by the coming and going of the three gunas, which sometimes makes the mind feel satisfied, sometimes makes it restless, sometimes makes it feel fatigued or slothful. These operations of the psyche will be witnessed by his consciousness, and he will not identify himself with the properties of the psyche which are usually affected by the gunas.

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:50 am

Thank you Devakas, that's exactly what I needed to hear right now.

I've gone from one day believing that everything we can experience must be Truth as it's all part of, and can only be part of, God's multi-layered and multi-faceted creation......to believing that there's nothing, within my mind and emotions, that I can believe is 100% Truth as, all I'm really doing is redefining and projecting back to life my interpretation of what's being projected to me as our reality by everyone else, including by others behind the veil. So I'm really just performing mental and emotional gymnastics in trying to understand this reality we're in as experienced through all of our senses, taking it in, redefining it according to my own experience, and then spitting it back out there to rejoin, and maybe add to, the mix of projections. But I KNOW nothing of the real Truth and what's of real value as that's behind/beyond these projections, as my senses can only work on and assess the projections of all that's around us. Thus I can't really know if any of what I've come to believe is 100% Truth, only that it may or may not fit in with other's projected views of what that is.

So what you wrote the Vedas say of this explains the paradoxical view I find myself enmeshed in so well, in particular that what we see/experience here are objects of the witness consciousness and that we shouldn't identify ourselves with the three gunas.

So thank you, my dear friend, for helping me to make sense of the paradoxical views I've found myself to be experiencing....that everything must be Truth and that nothing I 'know' is really the Truth. I've been at a bit of a loss as to how to integrate them in feeling both are true.
    Hugs

Haha, I DO feel like a puppet on the end of those strings! Rolling Eyes

Edit: Oh, and I read this last night too, which I'm guessing may come from the Vedas. From Jonthan Zap's wesbite..

The Sanskrit definition of God is a circle whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere. You are at the center of the circle, and so is everything else. If you worship an external savior and therefore place yourself as outside the circle of the divine looking in, then you betray your soul and descend into fundamentalist madness.
    Link: http://www.zaporacle.com/card/power-worship/
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:26 am

Sanicle wrote:Thank you Devakas, that's exactly what I needed to hear right now.

I've gone from one day believing that everything we can experience must be Truth as it's all part of, and can only be part of, God's multi-layered and multi-faceted creation......to believing that there's nothing, within my mind and emotions, that I can believe is 100% Truth as, all I'm really doing is redefining and projecting back to life my interpretation of what's being projected to me as our reality by everyone else, including by others behind the veil. So I'm really just performing mental and emotional gymnastics in trying to understand this reality we're in as experienced through all of our senses, taking it in, redefining it according to my own experience, and then spitting it back out there to rejoin, and maybe add to, the mix of projections. But I KNOW nothing of the real Truth and what's of real value as that's behind/beyond these projections, as my senses can only work on and assess the projections of all that's around us. Thus I can't really know if any of what I've come to believe is 100% Truth, only that it may or may not fit in with other's projected views of what that is.

So what you wrote the Vedas say of this explains the paradoxical view I find myself enmeshed in so well, in particular that what we see/experience here are objects of the witness consciousness and that we shouldn't identify ourselves with the three gunas.

So thank you, my dear friend, for helping me to make sense of the paradoxical views I've found myself to be experiencing....that everything must be Truth and that nothing I 'know' is really the Truth. I've been at a bit of a loss as to how to integrate them in feeling both are true.
    Hugs

Haha, I DO feel like a puppet on the end of those strings! Rolling Eyes

Edit: Oh, and I read this last night too, which I'm guessing may come from the Vedas. From Jonthan Zap's wesbite..

The Sanskrit definition of God is a circle whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere. You are at the center of the circle, and so is everything else. If you worship an external savior and therefore place yourself as outside the circle of the divine looking in, then you betray your soul and descend into fundamentalist madness.
    Link: http://www.zaporacle.com/card/power-worship/

Thubs Up
    one sip at a time...

i must say just be careful what you read

much respect to you Sanicle
    devakas
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:09 am

The first 'sip' I asked for but the second one just came to me lol. Bleh
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:48 pm

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 19 69180111

The Karen

Last edited by devakas on Sun May 06, 2012 7:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:55 pm

birds can dance

Oooyeah 1 Lionhawk
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:55 pm

The Winner
    Best speaker in UK Parlament
    Radhanath Swami - At House of Commons (UK Parliament)
    many in the world are deeply impressed by this speech with the great collection of funny moments.. Wink

I read his The Journey Home book, amazing journey... study

enjoy
    devakas

The Karen

Last edited by devakas on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:00 pm

full documentary

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:01 pm

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas on Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:20 pm

East Meets West Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXacfq1Gu8M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bQ7qiMPYFU&feature=relmfu

A conversation between Dr. Cornel west and Radhanath Swami at Princeton University 2011

thank you Rasa for sharing Flowers
    enjoy
    devakas
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:34 am

starts at 4:30

russia TV

we are witnessing how history unfold slowly ...
    and dont forget to smile sunny

believe me both they knowwwwwww.
    :)

with much love to you
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Vedic Tour of our Universe and Beyond

A Message from the GBC Chairman

Bhakti Caitanya Swami, the ISKCON Governing Body Commission Chairman for 2012, addresses the community from Sridham Mayapur, March 2012.

http://news.iskcon.com/node/4280

Current date/time is Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:56 pm