tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+22
We Are You
Eartheart
Aquaries1111
hobbit
Lionhawk
Brook
burgundia
lindabaker
Beren
Sanicle
Rasa
starninja
malletzky
icecold
Mercuriel
TRANCOSO
Mariadine
Floyd
mudra
Carol
Vidya Moksha
devakas
26 posters

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts

devakas
    devakas

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 8 Empty Re: Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts

Post  devakas Sun May 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Wow, brilliant posts. Thank you all. Thank you Carol for always thinking with your heart and feeling with your mind. Warm welcome Rasa to our forum!

I see the problem very clearly.

Swami Prabhupada explained about mind desease in Kali Yuga. We definately need help to learn how to control our mind as it is constantly wondering with inconsistencies and without peace. Maya, illusion of material world, stirs constanctly our gross bodily desires to 'benefit' our false ego. False ego offers a false-identity profile to the soul, based on material impressions collected by the mind and material plans made by the intellect. If the soul accepts the false identity, the person will think and act (behaviour) to the identity's specific characteristics. But if the person soul rejects the proposal offerred by the false ego, the material mind and intelligence will assemble for a new material profile to be presented to the spiritual soul. In other words your mind can be your friend and can by your enemy.

What are characteristics of soul? This is a science ignored and prohibided for us you know by whom very well.

Vedas instruct us how to bring all materially engrossed beings back to their original pure consciousness, freedom, (Vidya Moksha - liberation). Gross material body consists of the elements air, fire, water, earth and space. The subtle material body is made of the mind, intelligence, and false ego. BOTH the subtle and gross material bodies assist living beings in their attempts to enjoy the material world. The subtle material body makes plans for material indulgences, and the gross material body struggles to execute them. So we have primary function of the materially conditioned mind to accept and reject material proposals. Every single day, the materially embodied soul is confronted with countless impressions from the material environment, which are eccepted or rejected just as a person buys paintings from an art gallery. Our minds thereby fill with material impressions that please our tastes. And it does not matter if it truly those material impressions shred some light on our spiritual identity. I understand how we are lost.

Swami Prabhupada said:" So as we are changing our body, from youth to old, daily, we are getting different experiences and those experiences are photographed within the mind. The mind contains hundreds and thousands of impressions, not only of this life, but many many lives of the past. These impressions sometimes come in contact with one another and produce contradictory pictures, contradictory behaviour. In this way the mind's function can become dangerous for a conditioned soul." This is insane.

The incessant production of these multidudes of material constructs forces the spiritual soul to flounder about in an inestimable number of impressions collected by the material mind and plans made by the material intelligence. Consequenctly, the soul is distracted from focusing on spiritual goals.
    BUT the unchanging spiritual soul is meant to exist eternally in the spiritual sky with the Supreme Creator and thus desperately longs for a permanent sense of REALITY.

It is the function of the false ego, however, to keep the soul from regaining entrance into the spiritual sky. In its efforst to convince living beings that they are products of material nature, the false ego offers a false-identity profile to the soul, based on material impressions collected by the mind and material plans made by the intellect.
    Now what impressions we collect from material world? We can have some ideas from the description of the modes of existance as attributes of material world : goodness, passion and ignorance.

Without understanding of modes of material world and influence to the mind, even today's psychologists can not guide to the mental health or person happiness.

A person situated within the mode of of ignorance, one's consciousness drastically deteriorates into utter dissarray, and conditions such as chronic fatigue predominate, foolishness, helplessness, unhappiness, delusion, fear, madness, delution and depression.

A person situated within the mode of passion experiences poor psychological health in the form of anxiety, dissatisfaction, uncontrollable hankering, distortion of the intelligence, fear of being under control, and perplexity and unsteadiness of the mind.

The mode of goodness endows the living being with peace, wisdom, fearlessness, sobriety, satisfaction and CONTROL OF THE MIND.

Srila Prabhupada said: "Anyone who has no sense of Back to GodHead consciousness is diseased mentally. He requires treatment."
    All above from the articles in BackToGodhead magazine.

namaste
    devakas

Now this is from PowersToBe protocols, where it is clearly stated

WE SHALL DESTROY GOD
    3. But even freedom might be harmless and have its place in the State economy without injury to the well-being of the peoples if it rested upon the foundation of faith in God, upon the brotherhood of humanity, unconnected with the conception of equality, which is negatived by the very laws of creation, for they have established subordination. With such a faith as this a people might be governed by a wardship of parishes, and would walk contentedly and humbly under the guiding hand of its spiritual pastor submitting to the dispositions of God upon earth. This is the reason why IT IS INDISPENSABLE FOR US TO UNDERMINE ALL FAITH, TO TEAR OUT OF THE MIND OF THE "GOYIM" THE VERY PRINCIPLE OF GOD-HEAD AND THE SPIRIT, AND TO PUT IN ITS PLACE ARITHMETICAL CALCULATIONS AND MATERIAL NEEDS.

from THE PROTOCOLS OF THE LEARNED ELDERS OF ZION

[url=http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/przion3.htm#PROTOCOL No. 4]http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/przion3.htm#PROTOCOL No. 4[/url]

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/przion2.htm#PROTOCOL No. 1

Last edited by devakas on Sun May 29, 2011 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    devakas
    devakas

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 8 Empty Re: Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts

Post  devakas Sun May 29, 2011 3:37 pm

This is good one! Very Happy Thank you Rasa! Double Thumbs Up

Rasa
    Rasa

Post  Rasa Sun May 29, 2011 11:17 pm

starninja wrote:

"But we need to hear to the other side of the story from those who were there, studied, practiced, and left. I have found very freeing and empowering to read or listen to their stories."

Hmmm... that's interesting. It's just like someone decides to go to college and before they submit their application they do extensive research on the drop out's stories and start feeling empowered not to go to college. What about some research on success stories?
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Tue May 31, 2011 12:19 am

There is a mess. I am wondering why people are so dissapointed with the eastern teachings. Particularly with gurus. There should be an answer. Vedas was respected as complete knowledge for ages. Today people are asking about meditation for practical benefits for human "emotional and mental functioning". (I know this question is already wrong without understanding what is mind and emotions); but still where nirvana is gone? :) Did gurus take money? Did they do business? What is the key failure of their mission?

Is the key answer in this post?

Impersonalism vs. Personalism

Many transcendentalists attempt to escape the miserable conditions of
    this world by approaching God. Unfortunately, many of them think that
    the highest realization of God is His energy. Thus, they realize the
    eternal aspect of the Lord, but never get to enjoy the knowledge and
    bliss that accompany personal realization.

Impersonalists often speak of God as "The Light" or "The Force", but
    these (the light and the force) are His energies. God is a person, the
    controller and proprietor of these energies, and when the
    impersonalists seek to merge with His energies, they miss the joy of a
    personal relationship with Him. The impersonalist thinks that by
    losing his personality in "oneness" with God he will find relief from
    suffering; but the devotee knows that the soul's individual identity
    is never lost. By having a spiritual relationship with the Lord, the
    individual soul will discover, and be able to express his real
    personality, experience complete satisfaction, and be free from all
    suffering.

The soul is by nature active and pleasure seeking; therefore, in the
    unnatural situation of impersonal realization, the soul is
    dissatisfied, and again falls down to this world, attempting to enjoy
    the material variety, being unaware of the spiritual variety that a
    devotee enjoys in the association of the Personality of Godhead,
    Krishna.

The sun is the energetic source of the sunshine ,(the energy). The
    energetic is comparatively more important than its energy. In the same
    way the devotees recognize Krishna as the energetic source of all
    energies. The devotees worship the energetic (Krishna) rather than His
    energy, and reject the idea of merging into His energy.

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 8 Medita10
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Tue May 31, 2011 10:38 am

Do dancing Krishna Devotees look depressed? Very Happy

It is a mess. Rich people from west inquired to have guru. Some gurus came to west to make business, to teach rich people.
    This was the start of all today expensive yoga clubs. Something is missing here. Something went wrong. Mad
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Tue May 31, 2011 12:23 pm

Lol

As soon as Shiva stepped on the Ignorance on this Vedic thread (see above), Ignorance of spiritual world appeared right away with don kihot stick (fighter) in the mood of panic and fear.

God bless in your research, I just do not like your taste(s). sorry.
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Tue May 31, 2011 12:45 pm

This post by Troy might be of interest in this discussion---------
    http://www.vedicknowledge.com/Maharishi_effect.html

http://divinecosmos.com/podcasts/David_Wilcock_2011.5.11_part1.mp3
    (toward the end of part 1)

http://www.geoffgilpin.com/

INVINCIBLE DEFENCE

The Maharishi Effect is the phenomenon of the rise of coherence in the collective consciousness of any community.

The Maharishi Effect was discovered by social scientists in the USA in 1974 in four towns, where the number of people participating in the Transcendental Meditation Programme had reached one per cent of the town’s population.

They noted that when one per cent of the town’s population practised Transcendental Meditation, the trend of rising crime rate was reversed, indicating increasing order and harmony.

‘Research scientists named this phenomenon of rising coherence in the collective consciousness of the whole society the Maharishi Effect, because this was the realization of my promise to society made in the very early days of the Movement (1957).’

‘The phenomenon of the Maharishi Effect (like the phenomenon of the Meissner Effect* in Physics) discovered by scientists has repeatedly verified that coherence in collective consciousness and positivity and harmony in national consciousness is produced by the group practice of my Transcendental Meditation. This has proved to be a formula to create irreversible world peace and Heaven on Earth—all good to everyone and non-good to no one—the basis of a coherent, integrated society and a perfect government.’

—Maharishi http://www.invincibledefence.org/meffect.html

See this thread for more detail: http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2538-the-maharishi-effect
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue May 31, 2011 2:45 pm

What I like best about Sant Mat (the path of the Saints) is that the whole focus in on meditation and one's relationship with the Divine. Everything else is considered a distraction. I know I enjoy doing the meditation repetitions before going to sleep as it helps empty out the mind.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue May 31, 2011 4:12 pm

I once had a someone of spiritual significance tell me I was too intellectual. I later came to realize how the intellect can be a barrier to enlightenment and also a defense mechanism. It was a very hard lesson to comprehend and I was wounded at the time. Of course the wound was more to the narcissistic aspect of ego-personality then the real self as narcissism is also a self-defense against direct experience with one's inner pain. Basically, ego enjoys its day in the sun and then there is a time to surrender.

I guess I've finally reached a place where all of these burning issues (different religions, mythologies, ideologies) just fizzled out. I now wonder if that period in life was a normal part of self-exploration that one goes through to further understand the true nature of Self (sans ego). I really can't say as I probably know less now then I thought I did back then. All I do know is that life is a mystery. Hopefully we do the best we can and continue to evolve.

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue May 31, 2011 6:12 pm

This is only a step on our way back to Source
    Agreements and dissentions , traces we are leaving on our path.
    We can dwell in separation but Love is who we are … where unity is found.
    Our beliefs will change as time goes by ..They only can serve that much .
    The final truth we carry within at the core of our essence.
    The noble path is the space we create from Heart to Heart.

The Karen

Love from me
    mudra
    Rasa
    Rasa

Post  Rasa Tue May 31, 2011 9:38 pm

Good question Devakas (about gurus) but since in the age of Kali corruption is everywhere who should we blame? Wherever we look individuals or society in general is corrupted. People are confused to the degree that if one was cheated once with some guru he becomes an atheist and goes on a mission to proclaim that all gurus and/or all priests are crooks and all religions are false. How sane is that? Just like someone who was cheated once with fake money would say that all money in the world is fake. By the way, atheism is another belief system; really not an attractive one. It’s interesting; I think many people notice that active atheist becomes angry when speaking about God. I usually ask if God is not existing to whom are you angry? One can be fanatic in religion, as well as one can be fanatical in atheism. Fanaticism is another form of fear.

HOW TO SPOT FAKE GURU
    Firstly we have to know what we want. If we seek quick and easy (microwavable) spiritual advancement we will meet our needs easily and be cheated. If one seeks to find the Absolute Truth and knowledge that comes from the Creator, not some haj-paj stuff concocted by somebody’s intuition then the person will be guided. Still one has to be very alert.

1) A genuine guru never is self proclaimed. He has to be accepted in the parampara system (disiplic succession) and represent thousands of years old knowledge that descends to this earth exactly as it is, and without any alteration.
    2) A genuine guru never sells any spiritual knowledge or mantras.
    3) A genuine guru never says it’s OK to have sense enjoyment and spiritual practice and still promises results.
    There would be no results because SENSE GRATIFICATION AND SELF REALIZATION GO ILL TOGETHER.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:15 am

starninja wrote: Carol, I don’t deny your experience. You have to understand and accept that everybody has own truth. You will find people who will relate to your experience as I have found people who woke up from a spell as I did.
    We look for like minded people whose journey reflects our journey and who stimulate our growth. I am totally free from new age beliefs and I got my sight back. Long and hard work, though. Big Grin 2

I know that you believe in Krisha , compassion, detachment, and living in the heart. I have a very different understanding what does it mean to have the heart opened. I don’t believe in Buddhist detachment and opened heart has nothing to do with detachment. I believe in passion, creativity, and love that is experienced with vibrant body that is full of feelings. And most important, I believe that our soul is our greatest strengths that provides continuous guidance. Goethe, who was a freemason, said very wise words, “if you trust yourself you will be happy” Harp

I trust myself and my soul. It is as simple as that and I encourage people to trust themselves and to get their power back. I understand that you have different beliefs. But you need to understand that others don’t share your beliefs. It is a beauty of being human to be unique and very powerful. I stand strong for empowerment. But you may have a different understanding of empowerment. But it doesn’t make me or you wrong.......but different and unique. sunny

The story of Krishna is a story with multiple layers of understanding. This story is a teaching tool. I don't believe in Krishna per say, yet I do accept the teaching tool as it enabled me to examine my own beliefs at the time. Yet even those beliefs have fallen away. I agree with you in that our soul is the greatest strength that provides continuous guidance. I'm delighted you have learned to trust yourself. That is really were it's at isn't it? Learning how to trust oneself after being taught not to trust oneself via religion. I too was raised in a Catholic environment with major battles in the family over religion from the grandparents with my mother. And I too walked away from the Church's hypocrisy at the young age of 16 to start on my own spiritual quest. I no longer have need of religion - any religion. Yet I do respect teachings that draws one onto the spiritual path and can appreciate a foundation that allowed me to rebel and set me off on my own inner journey. And I have had varied experiences with a variety of deities. Yet I resonate with Christ's energetic frequency as this is what protected me throughout the years when OBE.

I remember when first experimenting around with OBE beginning over 40 years ago and running into some very dark, scary entities. It was by focusing on Christ and my personal relationship with this spiritual being that enabled me to become invisible to the lower density entities. As my relationship with Christ began as a small child it developed and matured over the years. Yet, I don't consider myself a Christian by orthodox Christian standards. However, I have experienced myself one with Christ and this has protected me even with some ETs. So to be in alignment with Christ energetic frequency is an ongoing inner focus. It is where I feel most complete, at-one-ment. Most at peace and content.

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:04 am

Rasa wrote:HOW TO SPOT FAKE GURU
    Firstly we have to know what we want. If we seek quick and easy (microwavable) spiritual advancement we will meet our needs easily and be cheated. If one seeks to find the Absolute Truth and knowledge that comes from the Creator, not some haj-paj stuff concocted by somebody’s intuition then the person will be guided. Still one has to be very alert.

1) A genuine guru never is self proclaimed. He has to be accepted in the parampara system (disiplic succession) and represent thousands of years old knowledge that descends to this earth exactly as it is, and without any alteration.
    2) A genuine guru never sells any spiritual knowledge or mantras.
    3) A genuine guru never says it’s OK to have sense enjoyment and spiritual practice and still promises results.
    There would be no results because SENSE GRATIFICATION AND SELF REALIZATION GO ILL TOGETHER.

Yes, that's what it seems to boil down to in so much of our world within any system, whether it be religion, government, business, even in families. There are those ego-driven beings within the system whose drive is for influence, power and money, feeding off what may start out to be good and corrupting it. And they are experts at calling attention to themselves because of it and the general public seems to love them, weaker egos admiring the stronger ones. I think it's the story of our whole sorry world in so many ways.

Question here: Isn't it said that the final hurdle for one who meditates and advances enough to open the siddhis, the kundilini reaching the level of the Third Eye....the step before connection with the Source.....is not allowing the ego to revel in the powers achieved and take over at that point? Or is that another corruption of the Truth?

But back to the Vedas, from all of my research, many great minds have studied them, including eminent scientists, and have found the answers within them to most of life's big questions. I personally don't think there's any reason to negate the source of knowledge.......the Vedas........just those who take it upon themselves to use them for personal gain. Sadly they've often become the most visual propounders of the knowledge inherent in the Vedas and those, particularly in the Western World, who don't take the time to fully study the Vedas themselves and just look for a 'quick fix' are the ones taken in and suffer for it, possibly in not having a sound guru who will personally take them through the steps understanding the dangers that can be encountered along the way. In any inner journey we tend to meet our personal demons.

I believe in order to assess any religion well, one needs to look at the information that religion is based on eg the Bible for Christians. If the basis proves to be unsound, no purveyor of that religion needs to be listened to, whether they be well-intentioned or not. It's the source they speak from that counts as that is what they teach. And I also believe that if the source of knowledge is a good one, such as the Vedas appear to be, that one needs to study all of it themselves while also learning to discriminate between the purveyors of that knowledge to sort the good from the bad. What this debate seems to have been reduced to is about corruptive 'teachers', not the efficacy of the Vedas themselves, which many great minds in our World today have validated as worthy.

JMO for what it's worth I love you
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:03 am

Carol wrote:

The story of Krishna is a story with multiple layers of understanding. This story is a teaching tool. I don't believe in Krishna per say, yet I do accept the teaching tool as it enabled me to examine my own beliefs at the time. Yet even those beliefs have fallen away. I agree with you in that our soul is the greatest strength that provides continuous guidance. I'm delighted you have learned to trust yourself. That is really were it's at isn't it? Learning how to trust oneself after being taught not to trust oneself via religion. I too was raised in a Catholic environment with major battles in the family over religion from the grandparents with my mother. And I too walked away from the Church's hypocrisy at the young age of 16 to start on my own spiritual quest. I no longer have need of religion - any religion. Yet I do respect teachings that draws one onto the spiritual path and can appreciate a foundation that allowed me to rebel and set me off on my own inner journey. And I have had varied experiences with a variety of deities. Yet I resonate with Christ's energetic frequency as this is what protected me throughout the years when OBE.

I remember when first experimenting around with OBE beginning over 40 years ago and running into some very dark, scary entities. It was by focusing on Christ and my personal relationship with this spiritual being that enabled me to become invisible to the lower density entities. As my relationship with Christ began as a small child it developed and matured over the years. Yet, I don't consider myself a Christian by orthodox Christian standards. However, I have experienced myself one with Christ and this has protected me even with some ETs. So to be in alignment with Christ energetic frequency is an ongoing inner focus. It is where I feel most complete, at-one-ment. Most at peace and content.

Well, there is a stage in our life that we don’t need teachings as a tool any more. But it doesn’t mean that we stop learning. We listen to the guidance of our soul what we should learn next. I have found it very freeing.

I have never thought about trusting ourselves via religion. It is not self trust but trust in external authorities. It is very disempowering but those who controlled us for thousands of years have known that religious beliefs are the best to keep us enslaved. To release all beliefs whether religious or spiritual beliefs I have accepted was a long and hard job. It was like peeling the onion.....and the onion was f*cking big. Insanely Happy Hey, I can even freely swear. cheers But I am finally free and I would not give away my freedom to any spiritual teachings. I think that once a spell of mind control is broken, we can’t go backward. Lionhawk

I agree that self trust is the key and Goethe was 100% correct.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:31 am

starninja wrote:
    I was reading Matt Delooze’s book yesterday. I don’t agree with him about some subjects but his journey reflects mine in many instances. I agree with him as he said, “I believe the time is coming where there will be some kind of a “cut off” point for those that are indeed capable and willing to change their consciousness in the hope of changing their direction in this world.” But it would be a personal decision, not external or miraculous circumstances, and those who have spirit or soul intact and ready to leave their comfort zone and break the spell of mind control, will be presented with such opportunities.

I like to see us as seeds ... They seem so tiny when viewed from outside but within they contain
    a whole world.It takes great passion and love , the life force , to grow and reach our full potential.
    The real miracle is who we are and this I agree with you Star isn't anything anyone can give us nor does it depend on outside circumstances but rather our own inner journey.
    The most beautifull green spots on our Earth are flourishing unattended, diversified and naturally balanced bathed in one unified Consciousness.
    To have a successfull garden one needs to work in sync with the essence of life itself.
    I call it Love.

Love from me
    mudra

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:05 am

I think that with any system, be it religious, economic or political, spiritual systems also have their flaws.

To arrogantly write them all off in one fowl swoop ( and I doubt there is anybody qualified to do that) is not the answer though.
    For us westerners, the information is out there and we can take it or leave it. We, in the west do not need gurus, though many of us have priests. Some however, repsect the fact that a guru passes on bona fide spiritual knowledge from antiquity and that is fine if they are comfortable with that. At least they will know what they are talking about. There is no point in going to car sales man and asking him for information about bathroom tap fittings.

It is true that a number of gurus and priests have abused their position of trust, weakened by their ego and postion of power but not all. And it does not necessarilly follow that the information is invalid beacause dubious traits of the person carrying the message. In other words can we say the term, 'love thy neighbour' is invalid because a catholic priest abused an innocent child in Detroit in 1967.

It is always the essence of something that carries the most weight, everything else is just cosmetic.
    In that sense, there are some profound insights and words scattered throughout texts and scriptures of all the worlds religions so to throw the baby out with the bath water is naive at best. These words and images are not confined to religious texts though. They appear in music, of all styles, in literature, art and many aspects of life. They are the silent meanings of things that speak to us in different ways.

As long as one can discern the difference between propaganda and of universal truth with inspired novelty then you should be ok.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:14 am

I was just reading this and thought it dove-tailed into what we were discussing.

"Frank De Marco discussed tapping into the forces of the "Cosmic Internet," and how the information found there can be used to regain a sense of meaning and focus in life. He referred to his communications with the Cosmic Internet or the Other Side, as being with deceased or non-physical beings whom he called "the guys' upstairs." Entering into a slightly altered state, he takes notes in journal form about his conversations with the Other Side. The information he receives requires discernment, as just because it comes from a disembodied source doesn't mean it's entirely accurate, he noted.

According to "the guys' upstairs" the Earth is a "special place where you can create your own mind or soul...You are here to choose, and choose, and choose, and in so doing you create the mind that will then go over to the Other Side...when we die." So in a sense our whole lives are preparation for the existence we're going to lead afterward, he explained.

He shared several techniques for living more connected with the Cosmic Internet. These included practicing love everyday, especially for less loveable objects; changing one's point of view to understand where others are coming from (helps to lessen the identity of the self as being different from others); and reprogramming thoughts that may have become engrained from childhood but no longer serve a useful purpose."

I agree with this last sentence. Letting go of the preprogramming can be a real challenge.

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:53 am

Flowers

Thank you all for your posts. Much much appreciated.

devakas

How many people are buying real priceless gems and what percentage are buying .?...
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:50 pm

changing one's point of view to understand where others are coming from (helps to lessen the identity of the self as being different from others); and reprogramming thoughts that may have become engrained from childhood but no longer serve a useful purpose."

Very wise words!

We are souls. Then we have subtle body (mind-self ego) and then we have gross body.

If we reincarnate then it is logic to think that soul has memory not gross body.
    I hear sometimes the tendency to think that mind creates soul or spirit.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:12 pm

When one merges with the Cosmic Ocean of Consciousness one experiences the oneness of all that is. It is at this level we are the same in terms of individual self-awareness only expanded sans ego where one also experiences oneself as the ocean. I think this is what he means my lessening ones sense of self-identity because as that slips away more and more it means one is merging into the heart of Cosmic Consciousness.

Star, I suspect you understand what this is as davasks does. I think the pre-programing mind control is what limits experience as it involves fear.

Last edited by Carol on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:38 pm

I have experienced this Star. Ones own consciousness merges with all of consciousness awareness.

The mystics describe this as the dew drop that slips into the shinning sea. One is both the dewdrop and the sea. There is no sense of duality at this level of awareness.

Beren
    Beren

Post  Beren Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:43 pm

Carol wrote:I have experienced this Star. Ones own consciousness merges with all of consciousness awareness.

The mystics describe this as the dew drop that slips into the shinning sea. One is both the dewdrop and the sea. There is no sense of duality at this level of awareness.

And that `s how you feel God. As God is all. Nothing exist outside God. And as someone said Infinite Love is the only truth ,all else is an illusion .
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Carol wrote: I think the pre-programing mind control is what limits experience as it involves fear.

Again Carol bravo! I mean, I love it! Wise! Thank you!
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:55 pm

Carol wrote:

When one merges with the Cosmic Ocean of Consciousness one experiences the oneness of all that is. It is at this level we are the same in terms of self-awareness only expanded to include all that is sans ego. I think this is what he means my lessening ones sense of self-identity because as that slips away more of what it means to be merged into the heart of Cosmic Consciousness is included.

Star, I suspect you understand what this is as davasks does. I think the pre-programing mind control is what limits experience as it involves fear.

Well, mind control involves much more than fear. It distorts our reality and blocks our abilities to see through lies and deceptions. We are cut of from our ability to be fully in touch with intuition and I would call as Ramacharaka said spiritual mind. I am not happy with his explanation but it was the closest what I have experienced more than 10 years ago. But it is much more than what he wrote about accessing the spiritual minds. Interestingly enough, I didn’t read any spiritual teachings at all at that time. I didn’t have any knowledge about psychology, either. I started an extensive study after because I wanted to understand what happened to me and how I could repeat that experience. Today, I know that it was a mistake. Our minds are funny as we want to put into words our experience and wrap it into theory. Those needs block our ability to access it. I have been clearing my mind from any spiritual theories. It will be interesting to see if I will be able to repeat that experience and access it whenever I wish.
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:12 pm

As a lurker from the beginning of PA1, when I read from Vedic sources, it blows my mind when later I hear similarities what people (popular wistlblowers) are telling or guessing. For example latest Bob Dean radio interview that giovani shared. Dimentions, experiences, entities... controlers... All are not new and mentioned and explained in Vedas. World as a hollow planet and entities living there are mentioned there. All planets, sizes, distances between are more than correct compared with today science on earth, planet time is more accurate as fixed point is not refered to our sun but far away star. Moon somehow is described as further than sun. It is place of ancestors. Entities living in all planets, even sun are mentioned, life described in each planet to the highest one brahmaloka. Life of living entities described and life of demigods, and also demonic powers and wars that happened are described in vedas. So many times when I scan the interviews or interesting articles some resonance are still there. So, hmmm. I will keep digging and sharing.

namaste
    devakas

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:14 pm