tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+12
burgundia
ClearWater
THEeXchanger
Vidya Moksha
NANUXII
Swanny
greybeard
Eartheart
Pris
Carol
B.B.Baghor
bobhardee
16 posters

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2

mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 27 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2

Post  mudra Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:38 am

Vidya Moksha wrote:I had the briefest of reads.

The headline is quite correct, meditation is a dead-end. a cul-de-sac on the path to advaita.

It would appear that Ken has a bee in his bonnet about Theravada Buddhism, which is a ridiculous dogma, clearly.

However, the Mahayana Buddhist texts and especially the vajrana Buddhist ideas are actually quite sound.

The latter teachings also stress that meditation is not the way forward, they are more concerned with awareness..

I will read it in more detail later, but I am sure my summary here is not far off the mark.

I am not learned in all these Ancient Asian texts neither the Budhist teachings but I know Ken is and that you are Vidya.
    All I can say is that I clearly understood the essence of that article so far ( half way through ) and that it validates what I have come to know and not know 🙏😊🙏

Last edited by mudra on Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Lionhawk likes this post

mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 27 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2

Post  mudra Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:47 am

Oxy a practice of What ifs alone make up for many rounds on the mind's merry go round.
    May there come a time when What ifs are generously balanced by What iss so that ultimately you may see the world As is
    This is a path we all have to take sooner or later 🙏🧡

Lionhawk likes this post

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:22 pm

Last edited by orthodoxymoron on Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:47 am; edited 5 times in total
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:28 pm

Oxy, what do you mean by truth? I am not sure we even have the capacity to comprehend the actual truth, though it is probably quite simple on many levels.

However, there is a definite path to understanding yourself better. All the esoteric philosophies do offer a guide to higher awareness. They more or less say the same thing, in different terms, but there is a definite and ´truthful´guide.

The new testament is a work of fiction written by the romans, they also invented Aristotle for the same political purpose.

So what could such a book contain that is useful? By definition it is not true, it is a work of fiction.

Which is not to say there is no message to be taken. If you have read this so many times, what would be your summary of the book´s message?, brief summary lol, .. why should i read it? Why are you suggestion we do read it.. for what purpose? to what end? What are those of us who haven't read it, missing?
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:13 pm

Last edited by orthodoxymoron on Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:46 am; edited 6 times in total
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:48 am

Up to the age of 16 I studied a few science subjects for my exams. In the Uk these were ´O´(ordinary) Level exams.
    At 17 I was told that all I had learned was wrong, they had wanted to keep things simple. I now had to learn new stuff for my ´A´(advanced) level exams.
    When I got to uni I was told that what I learned from my A levels was wrong, and in fact, at this point (back in the day) they admitted that they didnt actually know anything themselves, but were teaching a ´best-guess´ approach.

I think the same holds for almost everything in life.

every time I settle on a new idea, something comes along and upsets that notion. I am not sure we will ever find any truths, except what is true to us, in every day awareness and existence.

I actually studied the new testament at school, age 11 and 12. I got into so much trouble at age 13 when I threw my bible in the waste basket (I could choose at this age to continue with the classes or drop them). It was a geography teacher who caught me, but he was a devout christian. I really did upset him. I havent opened a copy since, as it offers no mystical advice I could use.

mudra likes this post

Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:22 pm

mudra wrote:
    Vidya Moksha wrote:I had the briefest of reads.

The headline is quite correct, meditation is a dead-end. a cul-de-sac on the path to advaita.

It would appear that Ken has a bee in his bonnet about Theravada Buddhism, which is a ridiculous dogma, clearly.

However, the Mahayana Buddhist texts and especially the vajrana Buddhist ideas are actually quite sound.

The latter teachings also stress that meditation is not the way forward, they are more concerned with awareness..

I will read it in more detail later, but I am sure my summary here is not far off the mark.

I am not learned in all these Ancient Asian texts neither the Budhist teachings but I know Ken is and that you are Vidya.
    All I can say is that I clearly understood the essence of that article so far ( half way through ) and that it validates what I have come to know and not know 🙏😊🙏

I did read it. My summary was good. Ken has clearly not experienced advaita, but he has a good intellect and understanding from this position of duality. He makes a couple of false assumptions.

He says you cant reach higher awareness using the mind. This is not quite the case. He is mostly there in his reasoning but even yoga says it is difficult to break the mind using the mind - but possible (jnana yoga). To use that which you have to lose does seem impossible, but it isnt. Zen Buddhism is the ultimate expression of this, with the koans designed to ´break the mind´.

From my experience I used my mind to get back to advaita. I dont think I could have achieved this starting from ´zero´, which is what Ken is claiming, and i think i more or less agree with him. However, my first experience was a spontaneous one. I wasnt actively seeking the state. What I eventually managed to do was recreate the mental environment that lead up to the state, and remember what it was to experience it. I wasnt starting from scratch, I knew what I was looking to re´create.  But i used my mind. so it is possible. fact.

Incidentally, my final leap was losing attachment to non-attachment. curious.

Ken also says meditation has no direct translation. I think he is being a little pedantic here. Technically it is true, but there are 3 stages in yoga (after the cleansing work) - pratyahara, dharana and dhyana. All 3 should be really looked at together, for they all seek to achieve the same purpose, namely to remove the chatter. Focus on an object, or a sound, or a picture, or a diety, or whatever. dhyana is translated as meditation, but it simply refers to the act of withdrawing consciousness, so that the sub conscious can be heard, or an inner silence can be achieved.

There are many benefits to meditation, but as I mentioned earlier, it is a dead end to the higher awareness. I often drop into ana pana sati, but only to recentre myself, or to remove myself from a physical or mental situation. Just a tool. I wouldnt sit for days / hours /weeks in the hope of ´enlightenment´.

Which is where Ken should have attached his writing. There is no enlightenment, it is a nebulous word, a nothing word.  My guess is that it is new age psyop word.

And the final word for this rant by Ken. He does choose a soft target. Theravada buddism is a ridiculous dogma. They took a philosophy and converted it into a religion. Ken could not pen a similar piece against mahayana buddhism.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:16 am

You should take it up with him.
    That should be an interesting debate between you and Ken Vidhya sunny

In my own experience, what I could name call " the State of Quiet " is not to be found in the mind.
    Mind leads nowhere but the mind.
    Only the core essence of who I am can lead to it, for the State is not of mind but of Being and who I am already is here and now and forever.
    When the State is veiled it is Heart that has the power to unveil it not mind.
    Mind is a construct of the State of Quiet but Heart is It.
    Thats how it goes for me 🙏💗

“The power of quiet is great. It generates the same feelings in everything one encounters. It vibrates with the cosmic rhythm of oneness. It is everywhere, available to anyone at any time. It is us, the force within that makes us stable, trusting, and loving. It is contemplation contemplating. Peace is letting go - returning to the silence that cannot enter the realm of words because it is too pure to be contained in words. This is why the tree, the stone, the river, and the mountain are quiet.”

― Malidoma Patrice Somé

Art: “The Veil of Night” by Serena Malyon
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:40 am

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:25 am

Bentinho Masaro

When you apply too little effort into expanding your awareness consciously, your baseline self-concept (state of being) will default to the interpreted meaning seemingly indicated by the facts of the present physical illusion (circumstances). Your state of consciousness will then loop onto itself by becoming reflective of its own reflections (the world). Stagnation results (tamas).
    ⠀⠀
    When you put in too much effort and it turns to feelings of anxiety, impatience, judgment and stress, you are not allowing your self-concept to meet you in your newly-aimed-for expansion; hence it cannot yet naturally settle its baseline into that higher state of being or self-concept. You will have brief results produced rather anxiously (rajas) by erratically applied methods rather than fulfillment accomplished by your heart of being, and you will frequently fall back to your former ground. This is often followed by periods of disappointment, “unworthiness-confirmed” and skepticism regarding the tools’ effectiveness, and a lack of energy to try again (tamas).
    ⠀⠀
    When you apply enough deliberate effort and relax plenty as well—or better yet blend the two as one continuously alternating flow or natural rhythm (sattva) like your breath—your current ground will follow your arrow without turbulence and the world you desire shall be met not only by your arrow but by your new ground of assumptions on which you now stand effort-free; the new floor of cushions whence to leap into your next expansion. And thus Creation evolves through you.
    ⠀⠀
    Rajas is more effective an attitude as compared to tamas. Sattva is more effective than both former attitudes. Take it easy, but keep it up. I love you dearly. I acknowledge your effort and intent. You are perfect as you are.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:29 am

A wave is ocean, and when it rises up, it is given the
    name ‘wave’. When it is given this name, it is like it has
    an independent existence. It seems to roll along the
    surface, which is all water—water flowing in water—
    and this we call a life. Then it subsides and this is called
    death. Actually nothing happened to the water. It is
    just a natural movement, but because name and form
    are attributed to it, it appears as a separate existence, or
    entity. All the while it is only the play of water rising,
    flowing, subsiding—no story. Mind makes the story by
    creating an illusory identity. In true understanding, it is
    all one. When the identity rises up, we celebrate it as a
    birth and when it flows, we call it life. When it subsides,
    we call it death and grieve. But really, if you look from
    the perspective of the True, nothing really happened
    except the dreamed life of a ghost comes to an end.

~ Mooji
    ( From White Fire ~ Second Edition)
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon May 02, 2022 10:12 pm

Amma Theodora said that neither asceticism, nor vigils, nor any kind of suffering are able to save. Only true humility can do that. There was a hermit who was able to banish the demons. And he asked them: "What makes you go away? Is it fasting?" They replied: "We do not eat or drink." "Is it vigils?" They said: "We do not sleep." "Then what power sends you away?" They replied: "Nothing can overcome us except humility alone." Amma Theodora said: "Do you see how humility is victorious over the demons?"

Another of the old ascetics questioned Amma Theodora, saying “at the Resurrection of the Dead, how shall we rise?” She said, “as pledge, example, and as prototype we have Him who died for us and is Risen - Christ Our God.”

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 27 C3aac510

The term "humility" comes from the Latin word humilitas, a noun related to the adjective humilis, which may be translated as "humble", but also as "grounded", or "from the earth", since it derives from humus (earth).

Lionhawk likes this post

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu May 05, 2022 3:48 am

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu May 05, 2022 1:07 pm

Life will never bring to you an experience of which you cannot learn something from it

Trust that that is so

The vast intelligence behind life would never create an unnecessary experience

No matter how things appear on the surface

Accept all the hardships and struggles for what they are

Catalysts to challenge you to be the most loving being you can be

Your destiny is unfolding with the lessons that you planned on growing from

With the companions you wished to be at your side

There is no way to veer from what you came here to do

Whatever you came to earth to learn will follow you like a shadow

So shine with the light of this understanding

Faith is your friend

Mickey Bergman
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri May 06, 2022 3:44 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 27 E36bef10

I think that the greatest challenge of our humanity is to learn once more to hear the signs.
    Before a illness, the whisper of  a fatigue; before a splitting apart, the whisper of irritation;
    before the ecological disaster, the whisper of a species.
    But we aren't able  hear but screams any longer. Too much rushed its roarings we need in order
    to understand.
    But it would be enough to simply learn to listen...

Catherine Testa
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun May 08, 2022 2:20 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 27 Ca06cf10
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Tue May 10, 2022 2:46 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 27 Flower17

Last edited by THEeXchanger on Tue May 17, 2022 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

mudra likes this post

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue May 17, 2022 12:59 pm

“It is necessary, really, for you to fall in love with yourself.

Self-judgment cannot be overcome. It must be balanced by compassion.

You are bound to make mistakes and come under the possibility of judgment.

Yet also do you have within you creatorship, so that you are never in a position of having failed for longer than it takes for you to turn again to the light and start afresh.”

- Q'uo
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu May 26, 2022 12:50 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 27 F75ea310
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:42 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 27 36ff1c10

The story of the Flatlanders is a story that should clarify how dimensions work. We humans live in a three-dimensional perception. This means that we can see length, width and depth. Our perception of that three-dimensional world is based on the five senses we have, namely sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. And that perception is translated in our brain for the benefit of the observer.
    The story of the Platlanders assumes non-existent (hypothetical) beings, who can only see length and width (two-dimensionally). They do not know height or depth. I've told the story of the Platlanders before, but I thought it would be useful to repeat it and make it visible by means of a short film, as in this way I hope to be able to remove the confusion about the concepts of the fourth and fifth dimension (which are the subject of so much discussion).
    So imagine these two-dimensional beings, beings who can only see horizontally, and ask yourself what these beings would see if you dropped a sphere through their flat surface. Take a look for yourself (and read on below).

If you were to shield the area below and above the grid with two hands (or sheets of paper), you would see what the flatlanders see when the red sphere moves through their plane. It is important to understand what is happening here. Let me describe it:
    The sphere is already there before it moves through Platland. However, the Platlanders cannot perceive the sphere at that time. Your perception of the sphere extends from its movement from above to through and below the plane of the Platlanders. You can also see the sphere in its entire round shape. The time perception of the sphere for the Platlanders, however, is quite different.
    If I had made the slit in the film smaller, the sphere would first appear as a dot, then an ever-widening line, which shrinks back to a dot and then disappears completely. Get the picture?
    So the Platlanders see a dot that expands into a stripe, then shrinks back into a dot, and then disappears altogether. However, the sphere still exists. The Platlanders have never seen the sphere and will never be able to see it. Their perception of time is also different from yours. After all, you can see the third dimension and so the sphere is already there before it falls through the plane and also afterwards (in your perception).

I once told this story to explain that our perception (the perception of the human being and her brain) is also limited to the plane in which we are. This is not a flat surface, but a three-dimensional surface. Our perception of time in this three-dimensional plane is from the moment we are born until the moment we die. That is the time perception of our brain as part of our body.
    The above description, however, is an example of the mathematical idea of time and space. In the New Age movement, however, the word 'dimension' has acquired an entirely different meaning. One speaks then of vibrations. The fourth dimension is seen as a kind of transition to the fifth dimension. It is seen as a portal to higher worlds. In the fourth dimension, the past, present and future would form one "now" and time would no longer exist. The fifth dimension is then a 'higher state of being'.
    According to this theory, the transition to this fifth dimension will take place in the age of Aquarius. Since we are in the transition from the Age of Pisces to Aquarius (according to the theory), this is about to happen.

It is time to explain these ideas in a comprehensible way. In my book (Coronavirus covid-19, where does it end) I explain what dimensions really are. Looking at the above story of the Platlanders, it is interesting to understand that our perception of time is linked to our 'avatar' in this three-dimensional world (where 'avatar' stands for 'your body'). If the observer is not your avatar (your brain), but is outside the avatar, then this is like seeing the sphere before and after it moves through the flat plane.
    In my books, I explain that the observer is actually 'consciousness'. That consciousness looks through the avatar into this three-dimensional experience. But the consciousness is outside the 3D, just as you can see the sphere outside the 2D of the Platlanders.
    It is a huge misconception that 4D and 5D are 'higher' or 'better'. In the New Age explanation, it would be a higher vibration; a kind of new consciousness. This misconception must be removed once and for all, because it is part of the agenda of transhumanism that wants us to believe that 'going higher' is progress, when in fact it is a descent or 'going backwards'. It is a descent into a lower dimension. This becomes clear when you understand the real definition of dimension.

For this, you must first understand that material perception in length, breadth and depth belongs to the third state of consciousness.
    This can best be compared to stem cell code. The stem cell code is like a packet of programming code that interferes with cell building and subsequent cell division from the moment the egg cell and sperm cell come together. This programme code ensures that each cell carries out the individual task that goes with the total construction of the body. This is how organs, skin, limbs and so on are formed.
    In my latest book/essay (Freedom Can Begin Today) I explain that God is actually that all-encompassing code of the creation of the entire original universe. In quantum physics you could consider God as the 'superposition' of all possibilities; the stem cell code of all that is. From that singular consciousness (not the false singularity of the transhumanists), in-divi-dual consciousness gets the individual creation task. And by the word creation you should think of the realisation of the 'tangible state of being'.

The definition of creation is therefore: the transformation of stem cell code into matter through perception from consciousness.
    Basically, everything is singular consciousness (God), from which individual consciousness was given an individual creative task.
    The first dimension is consciousness plus (all-encompassing) code. The second dimension is individual consciousness and individual creative code. The third dimension is the materialised experience of the consciousness perception of that code. This is often called 'simulation', because that is the easiest word to understand in this day and age, if you compare it with watching a photo-realistic game (a simulation).

Consciousness cannot die. It is an ever-present state of being. In this sense, the comparison with the Platlanders is relevant, because you see the sphere before the Platlanders experience time (when the sphere expands as a dot, then shrinks and disappears again). Your consciousness perceives the materialised experience of your avatar, but it is also there before you have this materialised experience (and afterwards).

The great misconception about dimensions arises from the fact that we are not currently observing the original materialised creation (the original universe and the original earth), but a simulation copy of the original. You can best imagine this by thinking, for example, of Jake Sully from the film Avatar, who was able to descend into a materialised simulation of the blue Avatars. That simulation was so lifelike that he did not want to leave it (did not want to go back to his original).
    The fourth and fifth dimensions are like a simulation within the original simulation (the original materialised perception). It is like Jake Sully descending into a simulation. It is not progress, it is further deviation from the source. It is a simulation within a simulation, sold as an 'advance' with 'higher capabilities' as a lure.

In my latest essay (Freedom Can Begin Today), I explain why the present-day Earth is a marginal copy of the original. Descending deeper (into a 4th/5th dimension) is like sinking into a swamp. It is not an ascent to the fifth dimension, but a 'sinking further from the source'. Both transhumanism and the New Age are trying to lure you into that trap; the trap of straying further from your original - all encompassing - state of being.
    The only thing we have to realise is that everything (that we can think of) that could be better in the fifth dimension and everything (that we can think of) in terms of capacities that we lack here, all comes from the creative source and is already present in perfection in the original materialised version. We should not want to go to a fifth dimension (simulation within simulation), because the totalitarian power of that simulation lies with its builder.
    When we realise that we are the original builders of the original materialised reality, going back to the source is the only right choice. That can start today.
    online book - freedom can start today

https://www.martinvrijland.nl/en/news-analyses/de-vierde-en-vijfde-dimensie-wat-is-dat-en-bestaan-die-eigenlijk-wel/
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:22 am

THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:59 am

mudra likes this post

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:38 am

If you can—even for a moment—powerfully ignore or cease all functions of imagining, including your imagination of being and that of consciousness itself, and yet stay awake—existent—as what remains; you will find yourself as The One beyond All That Is.

Bentinho Massaro
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:56 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 27 2192c310

“It was in an American desert that I suddenly realized that rain does not fall from the sky: it comes from the ground.
    The formation of deserts is not due to the absence of rain, but the rain stops falling because the vegetation has disappeared.
    Building a dam in the middle of the desert is like trying to treat only one symptom... but the only valid way to increase rainfall is to learn how to regenerate old forests.”

Masanobu Fukuoka, author of
    Natural agriculture, theory and practice for a green philosophy
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:34 pm

What a great gift to humanity this book is 🙏💗
    The book is available in several languages and more to come.
    I am currently reading it and find it full of Love , wisdom and claity.
    Its based on the Sidha Veda ancient medecine, a true treasure.

https://myancientsecrets.com/

Discover Ancient Secrets that Can Change Your Life!Join a skeptical university researcher from the USA as he travels to the Himalayas and uncovers secrets from an ancient healing lineage that began with Lord Buddha\'s physician. For thousands of years, the greatest healers in the Himalayas have been refining a potent healing science for the treatment of physical ailments, psychological disorders and spiritual challenges. The most effective natural healing methods were recorded on ancient scrolls. Now, in this breakthrough, real-life account, many of these healing secrets are revealed by the author\'s encounters with legendary master healer Dr. Naram. The secrets in this book can change your life forever.

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 27 0da25410

🙏💗

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:28 pm