tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+4
THEeXchanger
orthodoxymoron
mudra
B.B.Baghor
8 posters

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art

B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 8 Empty Re: B.B. Baghors small and large works of art

Post  B.B.Baghor Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:57 pm

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 8 Quarry10
    One of many quarries in Avalon area, with Oswald, a dogfriend who takes me out for a walk on Wednesday afternoons.
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 8 Empty Re: B.B. Baghors small and large works of art

Post  B.B.Baghor Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:40 pm

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 8 Sheep_10
    It's fun to see the lambs in the fields here, jumping on all fours, sleeping in the grass or on top of their mums.
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:02 am

Don't know why these images show up sideways, this never happened before. Is there a technical wizkid in the room?

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 8 Bike_t11

An early hour on The Levels on my bike towards Glastonbury Tor, this landscape is very similar to the Dutch landscape: very flat!

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 8 Blue_b11

A little wood with bluebells, near my home, my first springtime here, with white anemones and wild garlic all over the floor.
    You can imagine how happy I am, harvesting wild garlic leaves. They're delicious in salads and, when slightly touched by heat,
    in a vegetable stew. Or cut in tiny parts, in a sandwich spread with tahini, lemon, tamari and some water. (keep in fridge) Cheerful

Last edited by B.B.Baghor on Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVKG38_akKk

"Foar alle Friezen om utens, wêr dan ek op 'e wrâld, hjir in stikje fan it Heitelân.
    For all Frisians, spread all over the word, here a piece of home".

This is a video with Frysian pictures and a song in the Frysian language.
    The old Frysian language is very similar to the old English language,
    I've discovered today. There's been an expansion of Frysia in the period BC,
    stretching westward overseas, or possibly traveling the tundra over land,
    into the Anglo-Saxon area of England, southwards to Belgium, eastwards to N.W. Germany
    and northwards to the parts of Scandinavia that are now called Denmark and Sweden.
    I now understand better why the English language is so close to my mother's tongue,
    that's how we say it in Holland. A mother's tongue is the language you grow
    up with from birth. I believe it has grown so very easy on my tongue  Bleh

Frysian anthem:

"Frysk bloed, tsjoch op! Wol nouris brûz je en siede
    En bounz je troch ûs ieren om!
    Flean op, wy sjonge it bêste lân fan d'ierde,
    It Fryske lân fol eare en rom.
    Klink dan en daverje fier yn it roun,
    Dyn âlde eare, o Fryske groun!

Trochloftich folk fan dizze ‬de namme,
    Wês jimmer op dy âl‬den great.
    Bliuw ivich fan dy grize hege stamme
    In grien, in krêftich duorjend leat.
    Klink dan en daverje fier yn it roun,
    Dyn âlde eare, o Fryske groun!"

"Frysian blood, come on, whirl and boil while pulsing through our veins
    Fly up, we sing of the best piece of Earth: the Frysian land full of honour and fame.
    Sound and vibrate far around: your old honour, oh Frysian land.
    Folk of high esteem with this old name, be proud of your ancestors.
    Be always a strong green branch in bloom, of that grey high trunk, for eternity.
    Sound and vibrate far around: your old honour, oh Frysian land".

This style of speaking was typical for the first part of the 19th century and in Frysia
    one knew many villages with a tightly controlled dogmatic church-life, at that time,
    with families so deep in seriousness and fear for the devil, that babies were hit on their
    hands when they laughed and made a sound. I'm not making this up, it's unbelievable but true.
    Remember the movie Babette's feast? That's the kind of folk I'm talking about.
    I've posted that movie here a while ago. Now you know why I'm affected by that seriousness bug.
    At times. But thank life less often as I used to be Lmfao

B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:01 am

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 8 Window10
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/18/74/59/47/window10.jpg
    A view from a B&B annex tearoom in Theale Somerset UK, a 13th century farmhouse, with huge fireplaces where piggy hams used
    to hang in the smoke and people's hams sat in easy chairs under the chimney in an alcove. The host showed me around, very
    proud of his home, where he was born and lived all his life to that day. He was full of stories and he and his wife made a warm
    welcome to sit near this view and enjoy a warm drink on a very chilly springtime day, riding on my bike. Yew Tree Farm in Theale
    Cheerful

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 8 Image211
    Detail of ornaments on the 4 corners and highest roofbeam of the structure seen below.

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 8 Image212
    A 13th century structure at the gate to the Church in Wookey Somerset UK. This shelter was meant to house the funeral
    participants and offer them a brandy, before the funeral-ceremonies started. Also, during wedding festivities, the groom had
    to stay behind, while the bride and their wedding-company entered the church, throwing pennies over the gate to the children.
    When I madet his picture, an old lady came by and looked at me with young eyes, telling me about it, gleaming with pride.

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 8 Blosso10
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/18/74/59/47/blosso10.jpg

A blossoming beauty in a park nearby my home. Although it's been frosty last night, springtime has arrived in splendor.
    The first time in my life, that I'm witnessing this season, while living in the UK. The next springtime will be in another county
    of this beloved island, that has become my true home.

After many attempts, I can't seem to change the position of the pictures. Maybe you can.

Last edited by B.B.Baghor on Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:59 am

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 8 Image213
    The Tor on a somewhat gloomy clouded day in March 2016. Once up there it's a magnificent sight all around.
    Now let's hope I'm not falling off the Tor with this picture going sideways too.

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 8 Image214
    A radiant flower suddenly appeared on its own, for weeks now standing strong in the Somerset gales.
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:24 am

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 8 Klaver10
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/18/74/59/47/klaver10.gif

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 8 Marian10
    HELLO! In all ways, to all wayfarers, always.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:47 am