tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art

Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Empty Re: B.B. Baghors small and large works of art

Post  Vidya Moksha on Sat May 09, 2015 4:16 am

B.B.Baghor wrote:

Not sure how broad your travel area is on the globe, if I'm right you seem to move around at present, but if you're
    at some point in need of an English home and prefer to share it with others, Spare Room proves to be successful.
    There's a surprising number of English residents offering a home-sharing, until now I receive about 2 offers a week
    to choose from. For now, I've found myself a home in Somerset, nearby Glastonbury Tor. It's a beautiful stepping
    stone on my 4 year Quest for a living space in the UK, for myself and maybe at some point an Irish wolfshound Cheerful [/size]

globe? I hear the earth is supposed to be flat? Wink

I have been around the globe, or disk a few times now.. been travelling these last eleven years... but time to stop now, if the universe in accord with my wishes... an organic farm somewhere sounds like a nice place to watch the world go by.

there are so many organisations offering accommodation/ work places these days, its fairly easy to find somewhere, if thats your thing... I need to work for a while, refill the coffers a little before i settle..

England is pretty for sure, shame about the popular culture (or lack of it)....
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Empty Re: B.B. Baghors small and large works of art

Post  B.B.Baghor on Sat May 09, 2015 7:51 pm

Vidya Moksha's words: "there are so many organisations offering accommodation/ work places these days, its fairly easy to find somewhere, if thats your thing... I need to work for a while, refill the coffers a little before i settle..

England is pretty for sure, shame about the popular culture (or lack of it)...."

With finding in the S.W. part, particularly Devon, my favorite red soil of Albion, I found proof of planet Earth being round Cheerful
    England and Wales have offered workplaces to me for about 5 months, in 2012, in sustainable communities. Lived without money.
    Of which a farm and farmland were part too, at times. Found them through Diggers&Dreamers, a tightly filled treasure box of a site.
    I'm sure you know your way, Vidya Moksha, when I read your words here.

Do you mean with "shame about the popular culture (or lack of it)...." that you love to see the places to your liking in tranquility and
    not spoiled by tourists? What if those tourists share the same feeling with you and wish the place wasn't so damn popular, wishing
    you weren't present in there?
    Lmfao
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha on Sun May 10, 2015 2:44 am

B.B.Baghor wrote:
    Do you mean with "shame about the popular culture (or lack of it)...." that you love to see the places to your liking in tranquility and
    not spoiled by tourists? What if those tourists share the same feeling with you and wish the place wasn't so damn popular, wishing
    you weren't present in there?[/size] Lmfao

I tend to find the British that travel (not the beer monsters in spain and the like) are ok.. I have a dislike of the British culture in general, but I dont get too worked up about it these days... i did leave these shores to get away from it.. Scotland and Wales are beautiful, England too in parts...

Ironically, England is till somewhere you can escape (though my recent trip in the lakes was a shock.. you cant get lost anymore, just follow the hikers! like a mulitcoloured snake winding through the mountain passes)...there is still space here... I guess Spain is still like that, but in France- Germany -India -etc etc,, all the lands are populated...

if i want real wilderness and remoteness guess i should head back to south island New Zealand...

anyways, i am here in England, remembering how damned expensive it is for such a low quality of life Wink

(I have realised i always sound like a grumbling old man in my posts to you.. Hey.. maybe I am a grumbling old man! Ancient One )
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor on Sun May 10, 2015 6:48 am

Vidya Moksha wrote:
    B.B.Baghor wrote:
    you weren't present in there?[/size] Lmfao

I tend to find the British that travel (not the beer monsters in spain and the like) are ok.. I have a dislike of the British culture in general, but I dont get too worked up about it these days... i did leave these shores to get away from it.. Scotland and  Wales are beautiful, England too in parts...

Ironically, England is till somewhere you can escape (though my recent trip in the lakes was a shock.. you cant get lost anymore, just follow the hikers! like a mulitcoloured snake winding through the mountain passes)...there is still space here... I guess Spain is still like that, but in France- Germany -India -etc etc,, all the lands are populated...

if i want real wilderness and remoteness guess i should head back to south island New Zealand...

anyways, i am here in England, remembering how damned expensive it is for such a low quality of life Wink

(I have realised i always sound like a grumbling old man in my posts to you.. Hey.. maybe I am a grumbling old man!  Ancient One  )

Is it about "populated" and "popular" we're talking, Vidya Moksha? Compared to Holland, there are vast areas in the wilderness of Dartmoor
    Devon and other counties, that have seen me as the only person in it for many hours. Like the 4 hours walk from Alfriston (Sussex) to the
    shore of the Northsea, where you're treated on solace and a view of the Seven Sisters' white cliffs. To me, it's all relative, I've found,
    at least..... mainly comparing Holland with England, which is an envelope with Holland as a stamp.

Here in Holland, I can't walk into a forest, without finding the end of it after about 15 minutes. The only vast nature areas in Holland are
    in "De Boschplaat" the Eastern part of the northern island Terschelling and in the center, called "Hoge Veluwe". Plus the Royal forests that
    once were used for King William's and Prince Bernard's hunting parties. Just happened to be there yesterday, not on a hunting party but on
    a wedding Cheerful

I have no problem with that last part of your post, Vidya Moksha. Being somewhat of a jester, I realize that this role brings out the best
    and worst in the king, who asks me to accompany him. If a king's choice for me is decided based on wisdom, I guess my head is safe on
    my body. Otherwise, it's at a great risk and I'm the one who needs to practice vigilance and wisdom. I'm learning to discern between the
    two ways of a king's choosing Cheerful

You're a traveler... not a king. Who knows, one day you might live on an island with only your footsteps.... and grumblings.. on the shores.
    Oh, now I did it again..... shall we leave this thread to its original topic now? Lmfao
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor on Sun May 10, 2015 7:28 am

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Tisbur10
    A sunny afternoon view on Tisbury fields, while drinking tea with Bunty, a woman whom I asked for directions on
    my walk in unknown territory. We sat in the garden and this tree is clipped, to keep it low, for electricity lines are installed
    about 7 meters above ground, hanging like washing lines, to provide for energy and light in many English countryside homes.

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Tisbur11
    Grapeseed fields in Tisbury Wiltshire, flowering in the springtime of May. First time I've walked in those fields of
    greenish-yellow in the UK. On my way through these fields, I met a man with his kind collie-dog, who told me he had been
    a guard of Stonehenge for a while, during the '90's. He had seen strange scenes, when bus-loads of people, from all over
    the world, arrived in the dark of night and performed ceremonies in that place.

I'm a a cattle-farmer now, he told me. He didn't want to share the details of what he witnessed, when I asked him if he could.
    He only told me that he had to be on guard with his collegues, at Stonehenge, but that he had to be present as much "unnoticed"
    as possible and that he had to accompany those visitors while coming and going. He told me that he was a Christian and that he
    didn't feel good about it. "If you go there, you can feel very strange vibes" he said. Well, that explained something of course, about
    this looking through certain glasses of a religious nature.

What this man shared about his being in the know of National Trust accepting large sums of money, to allow these events happening
    and that he was forced to be silent about what happened in those nightly hours at Stonehenge, made me shiver in the sun.

Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha on Tue May 12, 2015 7:23 am

B.B.Baghor wrote:Is it about "populated" and "popular" we're talking, Vidya Moksha?

i started by talking about popular culture.... nor populated areas... it does so happen i do like a bit of peace and quiet, solitude is fine by me..

B.B.Baghor wrote:Who knows, one day you might live on an island with only your footsteps.... and grumblings.. on the shores.
    Oh, now I did it again.....  shall we leave this thread to its original topic now? Lmfao

mmm deserted island sounds nice, enough iodine for cuts and grazes and a few antibiotics and I think i would do ok..

i dont want to digress in this thread in yours, so the above is just a muse...

but i was wondering about the art you picked for your avatar, where is that from?
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor on Tue May 12, 2015 7:45 am

No problem with finding a pear in a basket with apples, at times, Vidya Moksha. Digressing a bit here, I mean.
    What do you mean by "popular culture" is it the lines of ramblers you find in English nature? Is that culture? I'm Dutch,
    so I guess this is a language issue.

To answer your question, thanks for that, that Avatar is a drawing in a Russian drawing book, a coloring book printed
    in black and white, made beautiful by me Cool

It's unfortunately out of print, as far as I've tried to discover. It's a rare design of about 20 years ago, of a
    magical qualtiy to me. The blue and the glint of gold in the picture does some nice magic, when I look at it.
    I've got more of those, colored, I will share them here in due time, if I haven't done so already.

Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha on Tue May 12, 2015 7:50 am

B.B.Baghor wrote:No problem with finding a pear in a basket with apples, at times, Vidya Moksha. Digressing a bit here, I mean.
    What do you mean by "popular culture" is it the lines of ramblers you find in English nature? Is that culture? I'm Dutch,
    so I guess this is a language issue.

To answer your question, thanks for that, that Avatar is a drawing in a Russian drawing book, a coloring book printed
    in black and white, made beautiful by me Cool

It's unfortunately out of print, as far as I've tried to discover. It's a rare design of about 20 years ago, of a
    magical qualtiy to me. The blue and the glint of gold in the picture does some nice magic, when I look at it.
    I've got more of those, colored, I will share them here in due time, if I haven't done so already.

nice colouring! you didnt go over the edges either Wink

popular culture is to be found on television (i have never owned one) and in newspapers (i dont read them) and from the mouths of folk in the street and on the buses (i try to ignore them)... and rarely in the mountain passes... nature is the saving grace of england.. oh and the real ale Wink Toast
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor on Thu May 14, 2015 12:28 pm

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Tuin_v10
    Springtime flowers in a villa garden along the former city wall of Utrecht. To me a nice difference, in mainly flatland areas.
    Look how the sunlight falls on different parts of that hill and the variety of atmosphere, due to lengths, widths and heights.

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Vanuit10
    This bridge is not far from that villa garden. The water under the bridge was once the moat around Utrecht's city wall.
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor on Sun May 17, 2015 8:42 am

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Cs_utr10

In this colorful company of bike-cycle and bi-cycle is the announcement of the "Tour de France"
    starting in Utrecht on July 5th 2015 and going in the direction of the Southern neighbors.

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Cs_utr11

A large bank building in the area of Utrecht Railway Station, a glasshouse of imagination.... Wink
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Empty A walk along stepping stones....during 4 years preparing my move overseas.

Post  B.B.Baghor on Mon May 25, 2015 2:13 pm

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Images21

The time has come for me to say goodbye to my home and neighborhood, in Holland, for I've found a new home Cheerful
    My move overseas, with a single ticket on the boat, is planned this summer. I won't let go of my home and garden,
    although I will be in a beautiful neighborhood, where I will share a home with excellent accommodation and privacy,
    happy with the sunny entering the large rooms. And a large garden with blissful silence and natural sounds, in a
    quiet part of a small village.

I'm not "burning my ships behind me" as we say in Holland. In my home, one large room for myself will remain untouched,
    whenever I find the need to return. One step at a time.... in natural timing, a second move to the South-West of the UK
    will offer me a place to live as a resident, by myself, with a cat or who knows... a dog. That's a next stepping stone in
    my journey for a home in Devon, where during 10 years of holiday visits I found that emerald county to be closest to my I love you

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Kabout10
    A gnome-loving gardener in my neighborhood placed one in a chestnut tree. Now and than I go for a stroll around the
    former University "Clinic for Small House-pets" and greet the little man, looking out over the area from his high place.

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Plein_10
    This is the former University "Clinic for Small House-pets" a building kept in good condition for its architecture. It's about
    70 meters from where I leave my front door, going to the left and finding this view. My home is where sheep and donkeys
    were kept in meadows, treated by the veterinary service of the University of Utrecht, until the early '80's. That's why I'm
    living with a garden and a green oasis behind my home Cheerful
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor on Sun May 31, 2015 1:46 pm

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Groenk10

The place is a 3-dimensional garden with rocks and plants, all built from recycled material and original seeds,
    brought by wind or hands, in the park near my home in Holland. After 12 years of working on it, diving in con-
    tainers with leftover building material and pottery, wherever we found them, we've called it "The Greenchapel".
    It's also a playground for kids, young knights with wooden swords and kings with chickweed laurels in their hair
    and elvish girls, dreaming in their hiding places. There are stone dragons and an amphibitheatre too Mesmerized

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Groenk11
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Empty Alice in Wonderland Soundcloud bookreading

Post  B.B.Baghor on Sun May 31, 2015 5:14 pm

This is my first uploading of audio files with book-readings study by my voice. More will follow.
    For children of all ages, in English and Dutch. Stories by Candle in the Wind or Sleep or Toast

https://soundcloud.com/marian-van-der-veen-2/1st-part-alice-in-w

Last edited by B.B.Baghor on Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor on Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:45 am

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Expo_r10

While visiting an exposition on Rudolf Steiner's work, in Rotterdam, I found this geometric form of a cube unfolded.
    And a "Penta metamorphosen Spiel" which means "A game of metamorphosis with a pentagram." Geometry and metamorphosis
    were valuable forms of study to him, while living in the end of the 1800th century and pondering the laws of creation.

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Expo_r11
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor on Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:16 pm

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Amelis10

A bowl with flowers in an estate called Amelisweerd on the edge of Utrecht, a garden with the name Court of Amelis,
    where I used to order many vegetables during the early '90's when I ran an organic catering business. Today was my goodbye
    Sunday-walk to the forest with this place of abundant nature, with a garden where you can pick your own flowers and pay for
    them later. Below is the view from the sitting area with that flower-bowl on the table

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Amelis11
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor on Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:39 pm

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Trilve10

Evening at "swan lake" the nature area I'm often visiting for a breath and a sky high view Cheerful

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Autoto10

A different setting of the sun in the area I used to live 25 years ago, near where the river Rhine flows
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor on Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:16 pm

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Image210

A young Bombay cat's beautiful body

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Dreamt10
    A painting made with elements of a travel-dream I had in the '90's, during years of continued dreaming, night
    after night. The reading of the painting, which is the unfolding story of the dream, goes from left to right and upwards
    in the middle, on the right a landing with bare feet in long grass, a tripled company of me, myself and I Cheerful
    That dream is coming true now, for my feet are landing soon on new soil in the UK. Red soil too.
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor on Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:56 pm

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 My_cha10
    The sunny South-Western side of my home, on the front porch: my chairace

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Garden10
    My garden at home, on the North-Eastern side, a 22 year period of offering an oasis and nature's love.
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor on Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:01 pm

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Flower10
    A cycle-path adorned with flowers, along a stream and a wall with flowers in bloom on the other side, in my neighborhood.
    I will surely miss those unique nature spots, leaving Holland.

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Flower11
    Helleboris plants with seedpods emptied, on the flower-wall visible on the right of the picture above
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra on Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:58 am

Thought you would love these BB :)

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 11666251_849844278441015_6495551516536932366_n

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 11019216_849844295107680_53906261324222767_n

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 10404854_849844318441011_5512259885374694211_n

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 1395381_849844378441005_4546851928955441954_n

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 11665441_849844398441003_3821725559671183188_n

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 11667427_849844518440991_7115844417471376008_n

Love Always
    mudra
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor on Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:16 am

Thanks Hugs mudra, this is most welcome, so nice of you to visit this place.
    In a funny way, I notice that I'm somewhat shy and private, in the steps I'm taking,
    probably only for this moment Lmfao already halfway 2015. Just on the moment I
    decided to close my laptop, putting it away in my travel-trolley, I found your lovely
    pictures. Thank you, that's very welcome vitamin L for my trip overseas, leaving Holland,
    for a home, tucked away in the Somerset hills of the UK
    Cheerful

B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor on Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:46 pm

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Glasto10
    Glastonbury Tor in Avalon area of Great Britain

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Explan10
    A plaque present in the Tor explaining the history of this place. "Tor" is an old name for hill. I think that's also
    why the Tors of Dartmoor are called that way, for although these are tops of very old mainly covered mountains,
    they are hills to the eyes of visitors exploring that great wilderness.

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Glasto11
    A view from the Tor's southern gate towards Wiltshire county

Due to my new settlement since July 1st, I will enjoy a summer-break of most activities on the www.
    For those of you interested in pictures of my where-what-abouts, please visit www.theartofcare-net.webs.com
    It's the website I created in 2012, for journals of my 5 months volunteering in communities in the UK. And more.
    sunny Be well, enjoy the blessings of nature and the sun
    sunny
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:21 pm

B.B.Baghor wrote:
    A plaque present in the Tor explaining the history of this place. "Tor" is an old name for hill. I think that's also
    why the Tors of Dartmoor are called that way, for although these are tops of very old mainly covered mountains,

I was walking on Dartmoor last weekend and am planning a weeks walk through the southern half in a few weeks. Dart is from the old word for oak tree I believe. so the area was covered on oaks once..

why not now?

Have you see the sheep up there?, incredible geo-engineers that they are, they are the reason dartmoor is so bleak these days.. interesting eh? munch munch munch Adv2
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:42 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:
    B.B.Baghor wrote:

I was walking on Dartmoor last weekend and am planning a weeks walk through the southern half in a few weeks. Dart is from the old word for oak tree I believe. so the area was covered on oaks once..

why not now?

Have you see the sheep up there?, incredible geo-engineers that they are, they are the reason dartmoor is so bleak these days.. interesting eh? munch munch munch Adv2

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Dartmo10
    A to me not so very bleak Dartmoor

I wish you a great walk in the English countryside, Vidya Moksha and if I may suggest, you could start joining
    the jays and put oak-seeds in the ground, just like these birds do, if you're still around Dartmoor and want to
    grow a forest, or one oak, for your druidry Earth Cheerful Jays are called the guardians of oak-forests,
    did you know?

Oak forests.... Why not now? I would love to see those on Dartmoor, like the forest of pine trees, a pleasant lung,
    around Bellever YHA hostel. But I do also love those vast stretches of that Dartmoor landscape, not yet explored
    fully by me, with that rare unique atmosphere, which is used in that Sherlock Holmes movie "The hound of the Baskerville"

Each time I visit Dartmoor I meet a woman, Sue Murphy, a photographer. Her pictures show all the changes of
    season on Dartmoor and I think you will be astounded when looking through her pictures, going here:
    http://www.dartmoorphotographs.co.uk/

I can so imagine the settlements of old times, of which many remains are still being explored and excavated.
    As you know, the Dart is the river flowing through the Moors over there and for it's highs and lows in riverbed,
    it's low and high tides, changing with the seasons, I believe it's been given the name because it's "darting" so.
    "..........listen to the message of the Dart as it babbles beneath the arches...."

B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 01311

Here's a book with gorgous water-colour paintings: The Project Gutenberg EBook of Dartmoor, by Arthur L. Salmon
    http://www.gutenberg.org/files/45885/45885-h/45885-h.htm

With all this you should have some enjoyable hours when resting after a day's walk, don't you think? The weather in Avalon county
    has been cloudy in the mornings so far. And brighter in the afternoons, with tranquil evenings and blue skies. Now I will jump out
    onto the terrace and do some work in the garden. I can't believe I'm really here, at times.

Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:59 pm

B.B.Baghor wrote:

I wish you a great walk in the English countryside, Vidya Moksha and if I may suggest, you could start joining
    the jays and put oak-seeds in the ground, just like these birds do, if you're still around Dartmoor and want to
    grow a forest, or one oak, for your druidry   Earth  Cheerful  Jays are called the guardians of oak-forests,
    did you know?

Oak forests.... Why not now? I would love to see those on Dartmoor, like the forest of pine trees, a pleasant lung,
    around Bellever YHA hostel. But I do also love those vast stretches of that Dartmoor landscape, not yet explored
    fully by me, with that rare unique atmosphere, which is used in that Sherlock Holmes movie "The hound of the Baskerville"

Each time I visit Dartmoor I meet a woman, Sue Murphy, a photographer. Her pictures show all the changes of
    season on Dartmoor and I think you will be astounded when looking through her pictures, going here:  
    http://www.dartmoorphotographs.co.uk/

Nice images... No point in planting oak trees, the sheep would eat the saplings. The sheep eat almost everything except the gorse and the cotton grass.. (perhaps due to the marsh?) but have you seen those tiny yellow flowers everywhere? I dont know their name..

I am not so keen on the pine plantations, but there are still mixed woodlands in the southern part of dartmoor, and that's my next trip..

By bleak I meant the diversity of natural flowers and plants.. I love the rock formations and the wilderness.. I also like the easy nature of most of the moor, you can pretty much walk where you want.... it is a nice part of the world for sure...
    this is the walk down from yes tor... i was on a day trip, my friend was camping overnight, with the army exercises all around... another strange feature of the northern part of dartmoor is the continual army presence..
    B.B. Baghors small and large works of art - Page 4 Mike_c10

Current date/time is Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:58 pm