tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+19
Jenetta
hobbit
Micjer
Beren
malletzky
Emme
JesterTerrestrial
devakas
Aquaries1111
magamud
Eartheart
Carol
lindabaker
Sanicle
THEeXchanger
Threecaster
burgundia
mudra
Brook
23 posters

Theater of parallel Universe

Brook
    Brook

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Theater of parallel Universe

Post  Brook Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:21 pm

Saving the best for last..... Mortimer

spirits in the material world - the police - ghost in the machine album

There is no political solution
    To our troubled evolution
    Have no faith in constitution
    There is no bloody revolution

We are spirits in the material world

Our so-called leaders speak
    With words they try to jail you
    They subjugate the meek
    But it's the rhetoric of failure
    We are spirits in the material world

Where does the answer lie?
    Living from day to day
    If it's something we can't buy
    There must be another way

by I.J. Good who may have known of Yakir's 1964 paper. Of course my first introduction to
    back-from-the-future physics was in 1953 as a child in a series of mysterious telephone calls.
    President Obama recently gave Yakir a medal for it at The White House - well deserved.
    This is an important idea that will change theology as well as physics.
    http://www.stardrive.org/

Mysterious phone calls? we'll get back to that but first let me introduce you to Mortimer.

Mortimer is a kind of quite fellow as well. As guides go his function as my "guide" was "financial accountant".

Now this threw me for awhile. I just could not see where money/finance had a place in inter-dimensional guides. Made absolutely no sense to me. Now I thought for a time perhaps this guide would help me with my money and guide me to have abundance. For in fact I was making a pretty good income as a Finance Director. But what in heavens name did that have to do with any of this stuff? What was it that had "value" in a financial sense.

So I looked at the wealthiest and realized most of the truly wealthy retainded one thing they "prized" of value. Money was certainly a way of getting places in a material world. But what was of MORE importance to these "elite" types....you know...the ones who ruled Egypt...the ones who are said to rule kingdoms and basically the world? Seems to me "bloodline" took presidency in monarchies and henceforth were handed down from one member of that line to another eh? Apparently money was the "result" of the thing that had REAL value.... and that was a genetic line. Just as the Merovingian's about bloodline. Or the Queen of England. Ask the elusive "33" what they value and try to get an answer why bloodline/genetics seem so important?

So meet Mortimer my financial accountant....and find out how he balances his books in things of financial "wealth".

"Mortimer" Maps - Edition 12
    Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Edition12-title

Chromosome I
    Chromosome II
    Chromosome III
    Chromosome IV
    Chromosome V
    Chromosome VI
    Chromosome VII
    Chromosome VIII
    Chromosome IX
    Chromosome X
    Chromosome XI
    Chromosome XII
    Chromosome XIII
    Chromosome XIV
    Chromosome XV
    Chromosome XVI
    The genetic and physical maps of the sixteen chromosomes of Saccharomyces cerevisiae are based on data presented in Mortimer et al. in preparation (1995) as well as on data presented in earlier reviews (Mortimer and Schild, Microbiol. Rev. 44:519-571 (1980), Microbiol. Rev. 49:181-213 (1985), Mortimer et al., Yeast 5:321-404 (1989), and Mortimer et al., Yeast 8:817-902 (1992). Physical maps were compiled from Riles et al., Genetics 134:81-150 (1992), Riles et al., unpublished data, gene/clone associations reported by many laboratories, and DNA consensus sequences produced by Fred Dietrich from GenBank sequences, and the seven completed yeast chromosomal sequences: I, II, III, V, VIII, IX, and XI (Bussey et al., (1994); Feldmann et al, (1994), EMBL J. in press; Oliver et al. (1992), Nature 357:38-46; Dietrich et al., (1994); Johnston et al., (1994), Science 265:2077-2082 Barrell et al., (1994); Dujon et al. (1994), Nature 369:371-378). All the information in these figures derives directly from the electronic database maintained by theSaccharomyces Genome Database Group at Stanford. Genetic maps are drawn as solid vertical lines; to scale or dashed lines representing linkages established by mitotic crossing over. Centromeres are represented as circles on the genetic map line with the left arm above and the right arm below the centromere. Physical maps are drawn parallel and to the left of the genetic maps Q distinguished by the scale (in kb) to the left of this line. Horizontal tick marks to the right of the genetic map lines indicate the positions of the genes; in crowded regions, these tick marks are joined to the gene symbol by a thin connecting line. Symbols by the physical map represent genes located solely by physical methods. Note that two loci (RDN1 on XII and CUP1 on VIII are known to vary greatly in length from strain to strain. Dashed lines connect the same gene on the genetic and physical maps, only a fraction of such associations are shown. Crowded regions on the genetic map are drawn as expansions. Genes added since Edition 11 are in bold type. Genes that have been mapped on the basis of sequence overlap relative to genetically-mapped genes are positioned to the left of the genetic map line and are connected to this line by tick marks; when the order of these genes relative to the mapped genes is unknown, they are arbitrarily placed distal to the mapped gene. Genes listed below the chromosome maps or expanded regions of these maps have been assigned to the chromosome or region either by genetic or physical methods but have not been positioned more precisely. Some gene symbols in this category are capitalized; this does not necessarily indicate dominance but instead means that the wild type copy was used to map the gene. With this edition the numerous synonyms have not been included. With this edition we have chosen just one symbol for each gene to show on the maps. The symbols all remain in the underlying database. The choice of symbol was guided by an amalgam of consensus, literature usage, clarity relative to function, and priority in the literature. Many of the physical map gene positions are based on hybridization results to the prime clone filter grids. In these cases the location of the gene is arbitarily placed at the center of the hybridizing region. New information on gene mapping or gene name registration should be sent to the Saccharomyces Genome Database Group (FAX: 415-726-7016, electronic mail: yeast-curator@genome.stanford.edu).

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Edition12-disc

http://www.yeastgenome.org/community/mortimer_maps/edition12.shtml

MAPPING CDC MUTATIONS IN THE YEAST S. Cerevisiae
    BY RAD52-MEDIATED CHROMOSOME LOSS

Using the chromosome loss-mapping method of Schild and Mortimer, I have
    mapped several new temperature-sensitive mutations that define five CDC
    genes. Modified procedures were used to facilitate mapping temperature-sen-
    sitive mutations in general, and these modifications are discussed. The muta-
    tions were assigned to specific chromosomes by chromosome loss procedures,
    and linkage relationships were determined subsequently by standard tetrad
    analysis. Four of the mutations define new loci. The fifth mutation, cdc63-I,
    is shown to be allelic to previously known mutations in the PRTl gene
    The results presented here show that the new
    procedure of rad52-induced chromosome loss mapping, originally suggested
    by D. SCHILD and R. K. MORTIMER (personal communication), is an accurate
    and rapid method for assigning mutations to specific chromosomes. Using a
    modified rad52-mediated mapping method I have assigned five temperature-
    sensitive cdc mutations to specific chromosomes; the results of tetrad analyses
    have confirmed the assignments.
    The chromosome loss-mapping method used here is based on the finding
    that diploids homozygous for rad52 lose chromosomes spontaneously and that
    the frequency of loss can be increased by exposure to ionizing radiation (MOR-
    TIMER, CONTOPOULOU and SCHILD 1981). Mapping by this method involves
    irradiation of rad52/rad52 diploids heterozygous both for the unmapped mu-
    tation and for recessive chromosome mutations. Loss of chromosomes results
    in the expression of recessive mutations, and correlations observed between
    the expression of two mutations can indicate whether the two mutations are
    on the same chromosome

http://www.genetics.org/content/110/4/591.full.pdf

Genetic and physical maps of
    Saccharomyces cerevisiae

Genetic and physical maps for the 16 chromosomes of Saccharomyces cerevisiae are presented. The genetic map is the result of
    40 years of genetic analysis. The physical map was produced from
    the results of an international systematic sequencing effort. The
    data for the maps are accessible electronically from the Saccharomyces Genome Database (SGD: www.stanford." target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://genome-www.stanford.
    edu/Saccharomyces/).
    During the past 40 years, 11 compilations of mapping data for the
    yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae have been made by R. K. Mortimer and colleagues. The last such compilation
    included mapping data to 1991, and contained for the first time the results of physical as well as genetic
    mapping methods. Here we present the twelfth, and probably the last,
    such compilation. These final maps are based on the genetic information
    accumulated over the years and, for the physical mapping data, on an
    entirely new set of data: the complete genomic sequence of S. cerevisiae.
    The genetic and physical maps were derived from two entirely different
    types of data. Genetic distances between genes were determined by tetrad
    analysis. Distances for gene–gene and gene–centromere linkages are
    expressed in centimorgans (cM) and were calculated using a maximumlikelihood equation
    which yields values for map distance, an interference parameter, and error calculations for these two parameters. Mapping
    results on more than 2,600 named genes are presented. Physical distances
    are calculated directly from the complete DNA sequence. The precise values of all parameters (both tetrad analysis results and chromosomal basepair coordinates) are available from the SGD.
    Associations between open reading frames (ORFs) and corresponding
    mutations were made using a set of hybridization filters, originally produced by L. Riles and M. Olson
    13, which are now available from the
    American Type Culture Collection (http://www.atcc.org/). Other such
    associations were made by complementation experiments using cloned
    DNA fragments and/or sequence analysis of mutants. The data for some
    of these associations are published, but the documentation for all of them
    can be found on SGD.

Now that the entire yeast genome sequence is available, most revisions
    of the map will consist of associations between a biological function and
    an ORF. These associations will often involve the study of mutants of the
    gene. In the past, such an association invariably resulted in the naming of
    the gene; this process is likely to continue until all of the genes have been
    associated with a function and have thereby acquired a name. Because the
    genetic and physical maps are unlikely to change significantly, we see no
    need for any future publications; rather, we expect the electronic version of
    the maps to evolve into increasingly accurate guides to S. cerevisiae biology.
    The maps shown here are also available in a continually updated
    electronic form from the SGD (http://genome-www.stanford.edu/
    Saccharomyces/), which will also provide directions to other useful
    information (gene names, aliases, phenotypes, mapping data, protein
    information, and curated compilations of published literature about
    genes).

http://www.princeton.edu/genomics/botstein/publications/1997_Cherry_Genetic.
    pdf
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:33 pm

The title of this thread is Theater of the Parallel Universe eh?

“Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized In the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident”

Arthur Schopenhauer

I think I had to go through all three phases to figure some of this stuff out. At least to see what I was viewing.

Collins Bartholomew does in fact come from a long line of map makers...however this "program" he developed does more than map geographic positions. It maps population, and census.

Now taking the four programs together would certainly be an interesting combination in the field of Quantum computing no?

What exactly is Quantum computing? Better yet what is the theory of Parallel Universe....the title of this thread?

Scientific America May 2003
    Parallel
    Universes

ByMax Tegmark

Not just a staple
    of science fiction,
    other universes are
    a direct implication
    of cosmological observations

Is there a copy of you reading this article? A person who is not you but who lives on
    a planet called Earth, with misty mountains, fertile fields and
    sprawling cities, in a solar system with eight other planets? The
    life of this person has been identical to yours in every respect.
    But perhaps he or she now decides to put down this article without finishing it, while you read on. The idea of such an alter ego seems strange and implausible, but it looks as if we will just have to live with it, because it is supported by astronomical observations. The simplest and most popular cosmological model today predicts that you have a twin in a galaxy about 10 to the 10 28 meters from here. This
    distance is so large that it is beyond astronomical, but that does not make your doppelgänger any less real. The estimate is derived from elementary probability and does not even assume speculative modern physics, merely that space is infinite (or at
    least sufficiently large) in size and almost uniformly filled with matter, as observations indicate. In infinite space, even the most unlikely events must take place somewhere. There are infinitely many other inhabited planets, including not just one but infinitely many that have people with the same appearance, name
    and memories as you, who play out every possible permutation of your life choices.

You will probably never see your other selves. The farthest
    you can observe is the distance that light has been able to travel during the 14 billion years since the big bang expansion began. The most distant visible objects are now about 4 ! 10 26
    meters away—a distance that defines our observable universe,
    also called our Hubble volume, our horizon volume or simply
    our universe. Likewise, the universes of your other selves are
    spheres of the same size centered on their planets. They are the
    most straightforward example of parallel universes.

Each universe is merely a small part of a larger “multiverse.”

By this very definition of “universe,” one might expect the notion of a multiverse to be forever in the domain of metaphysics. Yet the borderline between physics and metaphysics is defined by whether a theory is experimentally testable, not by whether it is weird or involves unobservable entities. The frontiers of physics have gradually expanded to incorporate ever more abstract (and once metaphysical) concepts such as a round Earth, invisible electromagnetic fields, time slowdown at high speeds, quantum superpositions, curved space, and black holes. Over the past several years the concept of a multiverse has joined this list. It is grounded in well-tested theories such as relativity and quantum mechanics, and it fulfills both of the basic criteria

What Says Occam?

THE SCIENTIFIC THEORIES of parallel universes, therefore,
    form a four-level hierarchy, in which universes become progressively more different from ours. They might have different
    initial conditions (Level I); different physical constants and particles (Level II); or different physical laws (Level IV). It is ironic that Level III is the one that has drawn the most fire in the
    past decades, because it is the only one that adds no qualitatively new types of universes.

In the coming decade, dramatically improved cosmological
    measurements of the microwave background and the large scale matter distribution will support or refute Level I by further pinning down the curvature and topology of space. These
    measurements will also probe Level II by testing the theory of
    chaotic eternal inflation. Progress in both astrophysics and
    high-energy physics should also clarify the extent to which
    physical constants are fine-tuned, thereby weakening or
    strengthening the case for Level II.

If current efforts to build quantum computers succeed, they
    will provide further evidence for Level III, as they would, in
    essence, be exploiting the parallelism of the Level III multiverse
    for parallel computation.

Complete article:
    http://space.mit.edu/home/tegmark/PDF/multiverse_sciam.pdf

Now keep in mind those cosmological measurements have come a long way since this article in May of 2003. Why last year NASA finally was able to measure the space time vortex with sophisticated gyroscop
    es:

Would you believe?...Yep....we're in the Theater now!
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:44 pm

It would seem DNA is pretty tough stuff in the world of Computing........

Revolutionary 'DNA Tracking Chamber' Could Detect Dark Matter

An unlikely group of physicists and biologists plan to build a dark matter detector out of DNA that will outperform anything available today

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 DNA%20dark%20matter

Perhaps the greatest and most fiercely contested race in modern science is the search for dark matter.
    Physicists cannot see this stuff, hence the name. However, they infer its existence because they can see its gravitational influence on the structure of galaxies and clusters of galaxies. It implies that the universe is filled with dark matter, much more of it than the visible matter we can see
    If they're right, dark matter must fill our galaxy and our Solar System. At this very instant, we ought to be ploughing our way through a dense sea of dark matter as the Sun moves towards the constellation of Cygnus as it orbits the galactic centre.
    That's why various groups are racing to detect this stuff using expensive detectors in deep underground caverns, which shield them from radiation that would otherwise swamp the signal.
    These experiments are looking for the unique signature that dark matter is thought to produce as a result of the Earth's passage around the Sun. During one half of the year, the dark matter forms headwind as the Earth ploughs into it; for the other half of the year, it forms a tailwind.
    Indeed, a couple of groups claim to have found exactly this diurnal signature, although the results are highly controversial and seem to be in direct conflict with other groups who say they have not seen it.
    There's a a straightforward way to make better observations that should solve this conundrum. The dark matter signal should vary, not just over the course of a year, but throughout the day as the Earth rotates.
    The dark matter headwind should be coming from the direction of Cygnus, so a suitable detector should see the direction change as the Earth rotates each day.
    There's a problem, however: nobody has built a directional dark matter detector.
    That's why a revolutionary new idea from an unlikely collaboration of physicists and biologists looks rather exciting. The group brings together diverse people, such as Katherine Freese at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, an astrophysicist and one of the leading thinkers in the area of dark matter, and George Church at Harvard University in Cambridge, a geneticist and a pioneer in the area of genome sequencing.
    These guys say they can overcome the problems with conventional dark matter detection by using DNA to spot dark matter particles.
    Their detector is unconventional, to say the least. Its basic detecting unit consists of a thin gold sheet with many strands of single-strand DNA hanging from it, like bead curtains or a hanging forest. Each strand of DNA is identical except for a label at the free hanging end, which identifies where on the gold sheet it sits.
    The idea is that a dark matter particle smashes into a heavy gold nucleus in the sheet, sending it careering out of the gold foil and through the DNA forest. The gold nucleus then severs DNA strands as it travels, cutting a swathe through the forest.
    These strands fall onto a collecting tray below, which is removed every hour or so. The segments can then be copied many times using a polymerase chain reaction, thereby amplifying the signal a billion times over.
    Since the sequence and location of each strand is known, it is straightforward to work out where it was cut, which allows the passage of the gold particle to be reconstructed with nanometre precision.
    The entire detector consists of hundreds or thousands of these sheets sandwiched between mylar sheets, like pages in a book. In total, a detector the size of a tea chest would require about a kilogram of gold and about 100 grams of single-strand DNA.
    The advantage of this design is manifold. First, the DNA sequence determines the vertical position of the cut to within the size of a nucleotide. That kind of nanometre resolution is many orders of magnitude better than is possible today.
    Second, this detector works at room temperature, unlike other designs which have to be cooled to measure the energy that dark matter collisions produce.
    And finally, the mylar sheets make the detector directional. Each sheet should absorb the gold nucleus of this energy after it has passed through the DNA forest. Any higher energy nuclei, from background radiation or cosmic rays for example, should pass through several 'pages', which allows them to be spotted and excluded.
    With the device facing in one direction, a dark matter particle strikes a gold nucleus, propelling it into the DNA forest. But in the other, the gold nucleus is propelled into mylar sheet where it is absorbed. That's what makes it directional--the detector should only record events coming from one direction.
    This should allow the device to spot the change in dark matter signal each day, which in turn should make the detection much less statistically demanding.
    That's a fascinating idea that's likely to generate much interest. However, it's not without some challenges of its own.
    First up, nobody really knowns how rapidly-moving, highly-ionised gold nuclei will interact with single strands of DNA or indeed with forests of them. This is something the team plans to study in some detail before a detector can be built.
    Then there is the challenge of making DNA strands that are long enough to present a reasonable 'forest' for gold nuclei to pass through. Church, Freese and co say they'd like strands consisting of 10,000 bases to create a forest that entirely absorbs the energy of a gold nucleus passing through it.
    By contrast, off-the shelf arrays offer DNA strands with only 250 bases or so. These guys say they'll probably have to settle for strands of about 1000 bases.
    The DNA strands also have to hang straight down, rather than curled up. That's a tall order over the area of a square metre or so that the detector will cover. At this scale, electric and magnetic fields trump gravity and these are likely to be a nuisance, particularly when it comes to collecting the severed DNA.
    So the team will have to devise some kind DNA 'comb' that straightens the hair. One idea is attaching a tiny magnet to the free end of each strand, allowing it to be pulled downward.
    The DNA strands will also have to be made from carbon-12 and 13, since carbon-14 is naturally radioactive and would otherwise produce an unwanted hiss of background noise. Using only very old carbon, in which all the carbon-14 has decayed, should do the trick.
    Finally, there is the significant engineering challenge in making metre square DNA arrays, collecting trays that catch the severed DNA strands and fitting them altogether into a working detector.
    There are more than a few unknowns in this approach which makes it high risk. But there is also high potential pay off because other designs for directional dark matter detectors are huge, complex and potentially vastly more expensive to build and run. That makes this approach exciting.
    The discoverers of dark matter are a shoe-in for a Nobel prize. Given these stakes, we might see some investment in this idea sooner rather than later.
    But there are also reasons to be cautious. A small but vocal minority of physicists say dark matter doesn't exist, that other ideas better explain the structure of galaxies.
    If they're right, we'll one day look back on these efforts in the same way we think about the search for phlogiston or the debate about the spontaneous emergence of lower life forms: as a mildly amusing cul de sac of 21st century physics.

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1206.6809v1.pdf

DNA based detector:
    In this paper we describe a smaller and less expensive alternative: detectors made of
    DNA may provide nanometer resolution for tracking, energy threshold below 0.5 keV, and
    can operate at room temperature. One implementation consists of a large number of thin
    foils of gold (Au) with strings of single stranded DNA (ssDNA) hanging down from them
    as shown in Figure 2. The required amount of material is roughly 1kg of gold and 0.1kg
    of ssDNA. The DNA strands all consist of identical sequences of bases (combinations of
    A,C,G,T), with an order that is well known. An incoming WIMP from the Halo of our
    Galaxy strikes one of the gold nuclei and knocks it out of the plane with  10 keV of
    energy. The Au nucleus traverses a few hundred DNA strands before stopping. Whenever
    it hits the DNA, it severs the ssDNA strand. The cuto segment of DNA falls down onto
    a capture foil and is periodically removed. The locations of the breaks are easy to identify
    via a plurality of techniques: the broken segments can be copied using Polymerase Chain
    Reaction (PCR), thus amplifying the signal a billion fold; then the collection of ampli ed
    cut-o ssDNA becomes what biologists call a "DNA ladder". It can be sequenced with
    single base accuracy, i.e.  nm precision. Thus the path of the recoiling nucleus can be
    tracked to nanometer accuracy.

There are many advantages to this new technology of using DNA:

1. Nanometer spatial resolution enables directional detection with detector mass of 1 kg4
    (much lower than any alternative proposal);

2. Operates at room temperature;

3. Low energy threshold of 0.5 keV, allowing for study of low mass < 10GeV WIMPs;

4. Flexibility of materials: One may choose from a variety of elements with high atomic
    mass (e.g. Au) to maximize the spin-independent scattering rate. Given a variety of
    materials one can also extract information about the mass and cross section of the
    WIMPs;

5. One can also select materials with high spin to maximize spin-dependent interaction
    rate;

6. Signal may be ampli ed by a factor of 10 9 by using PCR;

7. Excellent background rejection, by using dE/dx in vertex and > 10 16
    physical granu-larity of the detector, i.e. there are 10 16 voxels in a (1m) 3 detector.

The nanometer tracking described in this paper may have many uses beyond dark matter
    detection as will be studied in future wo
    rk

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/428391/revolutionary-dna-tracking-chamber-could-detect/
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:47 pm

[i]Researchers break record, keep quantum computing qubit alive for 3 minutes

By Ryan Whitwam on June 11, 2012 at 8:43 am
    Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Quantum-Cube-348x196

Quantum computing has been makingbig promises for a number of years now, but there is still very little in the way of practical applications for the technology. Sweet physics will only take you so far, which is why a new discovery from John Morton at the University of Oxford is so interesting. The record time for maintaining quantum computing bits, or qubits, in a solid material has been broken in spectacular fashion. Researchers have pushed the limit from a few seconds to a full three minutes.
    As engineers continue sparring with the physical limits of Moore’s law, quantum computing becomes more attractive. A traditional computer bit can represent either a 1 or a 0. A qubit in a quantum computer is capable of being both 1 and 0 at the same time. This is possible thanks to the property of superposition, which holds that a physical system can exist in all its theoretical states simultaneously. It also has the potential to make quantum computers incredibly fast, but if qubits can’t be maintained longer than a few seconds, you can’t do any meaningful work with them.
    The trick used at the University of Oxford has to do with coaxing the computational particles into superposition and keeping them there in two different spin statessimultaneously. Researchers used a form of extremely pure silicon-28 (which is non-magnetic and non-reactive) as the medium for the test. A number of phosphorus atoms were suspended in the silicon, and scientists found that the particles behaved as if they were in a vacuum. That is, there was very little interaction with the medium.

Rest of the article here: http://www.extremetech.com/computing/130683-researchers-break-record-keep-quantum-computing-qubit-alive-for-3-minutes

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IBM shows off quantum computing advances, says practical qubit computers are close

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 2d-qubit-chip1-640x353
    http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...-breakthroughs-says-qubit-computers-are-close

IBM Research is now saying that bona fide quantum computers are now just 10 to 15 years away. Why is this significant? Well, put it this way: According to IBM, 250 qubits would be able to store “more bits of information than there are atoms in the universe.” This in itself is truly awesome — but then when you factor in that a quantum computer could perform logic on all of that data, in parallel, instantaneously… well, you begin to see the power of quantum computing. You’re talking about the performance of a supercomputer on a single chip.

Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:00 pm

Now..with new eyes I can see this depiction in the
    Book of the Dead in a whole new light...because I didn't
    see the gorilla in the room...the obvious.

Based on the memory I've pulled this is totally in sync

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 430px-Totenbuch
    I've been very busy and anything but bored Rolling Eyes
    Be back later...bye for now

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:06 pm

When we are busy we usually don't get bored Wink

When you are back elaborate a little more on the Egyptian book of the dead will you Brook ?

Love from me
    mudra
    Eartheart
    Eartheart

Post  Eartheart Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:37 pm

Brook, this was a Gala-evening with your parallel lift off.
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:23 pm

mudra wrote:When we are busy we usually don't get bored Wink

When you are back elaborate a little more on the Egyptian book of the dead will you Brook ?

Love from me
    mudra

I will Mudra....just been ultra busy and it takes me some time to lay this stuff out. Most likely this weekend so stay tuned

Cheers!

Br
    ook

Last edited by Brook on Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:25 pm

Eartheart wrote:

Brook, this was a Gala-evening with your parallel lift off.

Glad to have lifted one off....Wink Thanks for the added video of reference.

And btw...what happened to your avatar
    ?
    Eartheart
    Eartheart

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Empty Book of the Living

Post  Eartheart Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:22 am

Not only our dreamtime elders tellatale of the "Original ones",
    as suposed to beeing a source for archetypical tuning of your floc
    and tribal times, wherby the embedding into your birthing landscape
    and stellar constellationsbecoming an undisputed authority for
    furthering life around yourself - sounds conceptual? Dig this cake...

Egojunkies are possesed and overshadowed by arteficial astral entety's,
    mindsteering implants and alien policies. Even your ancestors play havoc
    in your genes till you sound them out...
    This freqency bands and binds all residue of active artificial intelligence,
    to be replaced by Goddess originated vibes, tones, lights and sublimations.

postshift clarity and divinety to every solar entety?

CLEARING PROCESS

OPEN SESSION COMMAND:

1. CALIBRATE with the 13Dim Gaya2 Beeing and bless your Unity Vow/ok

2. Ask the Question of God self – Do I have Mind Control Scripts loaded that need to be Cleared from my body? IF YES, CONTINUE.

3. Beloved Goddess, Rainbowchild, Please Identify, Locate, Remove and Repair the following:

4. Terminate Mind Control Programs and their Loaded Scripts

a. Terminate Posthypnotic Commands

b. Terminate Posthypnotic Suggestions

c. Terminate REM Deprivation Programs from my required SLEEP PATTERNS to function optimally

d. Terminate Script Identifier

e. Terminate Script Locator

f. Terminate Script Trigger

g. Terminate Script Content

h. Terminate Script Time Code or Duration Code

5. Please Repair All Systems and reboot my 12 Tree Grid to the Ascension and Aurora Guardian Code Sequences. Correct my Spine and strengthen my Coccyx through my Spinal Cord and leading into my Brain. I am God. I am Sovereign. I am Free.

6. Please generate Master Number Code if needed to lock down Repair Sequences.

7. Please clear all related Memories and their Influences from my Central Nervous System, Brain through the Inner Levels, In Between Levels, and Outer Space levels. (The goal is to remove these memory imprints and their residue from your nervous system, where they started.)

8. End your Session and reaffirm avalon as appropriate.

END SESSION COMMAND
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:59 am

Brook wrote:[i]Researchers break record, keep quantum computing qubit alive for 3 minutes

By Ryan Whitwam on June 11, 2012 at 8:43 am
    Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Quantum-Cube-348x196

Quantum computing has been makingbig promises for a number of years now, but there is still very little in the way of practical applications for the technology. Sweet physics will only take you so far, which is why a new discovery from John Morton at the University of Oxford is so interesting. The record time for maintaining quantum computing bits, or qubits, in a solid material has been broken in spectacular fashion. Researchers have pushed the limit from a few seconds to a full three minutes.
    As engineers continue sparring with the physical limits of Moore’s law, quantum computing becomes more attractive. A traditional computer bit can represent either a 1 or a 0. A qubit in a quantum computer is capable of being both 1 and 0 at the same time. This is possible thanks to the property of superposition, which holds that a physical system can exist in all its theoretical states simultaneously. It also has the potential to make quantum computers incredibly fast, but if qubits can’t be maintained longer than a few seconds, you can’t do any meaningful work with them.
    The trick used at the University of Oxford has to do with coaxing the computational particles into superposition and keeping them there in two different spin statessimultaneously. Researchers used a form of extremely pure silicon-28 (which is non-magnetic and non-reactive) as the medium for the test. A number of phosphorus atoms were suspended in the silicon, and scientists found that the particles behaved as if they were in a vacuum. That is, there was very little interaction with the medium.

Rest of the article here: http://www.extremetech.com/computing/130683-researchers-break-record-keep-quantum-computing-qubit-alive-for-3-minutes

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IBM shows off quantum computing advances, says practical qubit computers are close

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 2d-qubit-chip1-640x353
    http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...-breakthroughs-says-qubit-computers-are-close

IBM Research is now saying that bona fide quantum computers are now just 10 to 15 years away. Why is this significant? Well, put it this way: According to IBM, 250 qubits would be able to store “more bits of information than there are atoms in the universe.” This in itself is truly awesome — but then when you factor in that a quantum computer could perform logic on all of that data, in parallel, instantaneously… well, you begin to see the power of quantum computing. You’re talking about the performance of a supercomputer on a single chip.

Amazing. I remember the huge computers that filled up a room and used punch cards back in Jr. College. Even cell phones are computers now. I wouldn't be surprised if the secret government isn't already using quantum computers and are just leaking some of the info out now.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:30 pm

Our leaders are in the reality of our Sci Fi. They have us planned out for the next millennia to a tee...

The lie is so huge that no one believes it. And the truth so obfuscated no one can recognize it.
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:15 pm

magamud wrote:Our leaders are in the reality of our Sci Fi. They have us planned out for the next millennia to a tee...

The lie is so huge that no one believes it. And the truth so obfuscated no one can recognize it.

Hold on to your horses magamud....just wait till you see what I come up with.....Wink

Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:25 pm

Eartheart wrote:Not only our dreamtime elders tellatale of the "Original ones",
    as suposed to beeing a source for archetypical tuning of your floc
    and tribal times, wherby the embedding into your birthing landscape
    and stellar constellationsbecoming an undisputed authority for
    furthering life around yourself - sounds conceptual? Dig this cake...

Egojunkies are possesed and overshadowed by arteficial astral entety's,
    mindsteering implants and alien policies. Even your ancestors play havoc
    in your genes till you sound them out...
    This freqency bands and binds all residue of active artificial intelligence,
    to be replaced by Goddess originated vibes, tones, lights and sublimations.

postshift clarity and divinety to every solar entety?

CLEARING PROCESS

OPEN SESSION COMMAND:

1. CALIBRATE with the 13Dim Gaya2 Beeing and bless your Unity Vow/ok

2. Ask the Question of God self – Do I have Mind Control Scripts loaded that need to be Cleared from my body? IF YES, CONTINUE.

3. Beloved Goddess, Rainbowchild, Please Identify, Locate, Remove and Repair the following:

4. Terminate Mind Control Programs and their Loaded Scripts

a. Terminate Posthypnotic Commands

b. Terminate Posthypnotic Suggestions

c. Terminate REM Deprivation Programs from my required SLEEP PATTERNS to function optimally

d. Terminate Script Identifier

e. Terminate Script Locator

f. Terminate Script Trigger

g. Terminate Script Content

h. Terminate Script Time Code or Duration Code

5. Please Repair All Systems and reboot my 12 Tree Grid to the Ascension and Aurora Guardian Code Sequences. Correct my Spine and strengthen my Coccyx through my Spinal Cord and leading into my Brain. I am God. I am Sovereign. I am Free.

6. Please generate Master Number Code if needed to lock down Repair Sequences.

7. Please clear all related Memories and their Influences from my Central Nervous System, Brain through the Inner Levels, In Between Levels, and Outer Space levels. (The goal is to remove these memory imprints and their residue from your nervous system, where they started.)

8. End your Session and reaffirm avalon as appropriate.

END SESSION COMMAND

There you are! Much better ~ cheers

Okay then I appreciate your assessment, and if I had read up to this point I would probably give the same advise. But this is not a programmed prime syntax ....not at all. Some of what you see here I'll work to revisit in this thread as best I can.

For now you'll just have to see where it leads...down the yellow brick road we go............

Hmmm.....I think I wrote something on the yellow brick road...I'll have to dig that up too.

This weekend I'll have plenty more to add. Enj
    oy!

Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:39 pm

Yellow brick road.....(I found it)

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 4322

Welcome to Paradise Road! Reminds me of a song. Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty….Oh Take me home. But before you can go home, you have to travel that yellow brick road. It’s most important to notice one very important thing that has been going on lately. I’d like to speak of the “yellow brick road”. You know, that road you follow to get to that projected image. The one that tells you how to get a brain. How to properly install a heart. To instill that courage you feel in need of. For it is certain that this projected image has the KEY. It sends you on a journey to find these things. It is a perilous journey. One filled with peaks and valleys. One that tells you of a “new age” vision. Where freedom rings, and all is lovely.

But to get there, you have to follow the journey of the projection on the screen from OZ. The projection tells you many secrets to find that journey to self and utopia. It tells you all you want to hear. It gives you short cuts, and instruction. It will often times charge you for services rendered. Lesson one, pull out your wallet, and free yourself of the evil dollar. Follow me to your bliss. You will not be sorry, for it’s the only way to survive the coming events. It has the key, and all you have to do is follow.

But if you remember one thing about that wizard from Oz, it was controlled by a man behind the curtain. A man who fell to Oz one day, and became a legend among the folks from Oz. Because he has something no one else had. They made him a hero, and followed his every word. But if you will recall, he was nothing more that a snake oil salesman, who fell to Oz, much the same as Dorothy.

In the journey of Dorothy and her companions, she ran into a good witch, and a bad witch. In the end, it was not the man from Oz that truly helped her to get back home. The man from Oz let her know, she had the ruby slippers all along. It was within her all along to get back home. She had the power within.

The Yellow brick road has many bumps along the way. Be careful not to trip and fall. For if you do the road becomes impassible at times. For many of us that journey seems endless. Sometimes impossible. Is it really? Or is that yet another illusion to strike fear into the heart of your very state of being?

So let it be known along this Yellow Brick Road there are many side streets. One in particular of interest to me would be the street of "What If". There are lot's of shops on the street of What If with many signs over the doors. Which one will you stop and shop at? There's one with the ever popular doomsday bargain sale. And right next door is the Camp of Enlightenment and ascension. Savior ally is right in between these shops. For you can't miss the current trends eh?

Then you look at the road you've been traveling along this journey and the bumps you've stumbled upon and wonder which shop shall I give my business to? Which makes more sense? does it resonate with me? Or does it go against my very grain to see the bargain sales. 50% off and you too can be among the many to have such enlightenment eh? Whoa!!!

But stop right there. Are you down for getting burned? did you pay too much? Was it worth the price of admission? Hope is an easy sale. Just ask me I'm a sales pro. Nothing sells better than HOPE! Hope of a better tomorrow. But how do you attain such a groovy thing as hope? And what is it going to achieve?

Of course you have to also see the current trends of the other shops and worldwide market. What are they selling today? Better yet, what have we got to offer? Well I can answer that. We are the one's who at the face of controversy and adversity stay the course.

Stay the course.....to Paradise City?!? I'm down!

Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:03 pm

Now on the terms of "programming" and Artemis and the boys...

I gave it a thought...however this program has my interest and well being in "mind".

Now of course the first post on this thread where I was eight years old and dreamed of a future event and the 180 turnaround was not the only work my trusty Artemis provided. This is no ordinary program.

Several years ago...my thick head could not understand why this one particular song kept being "pinged" by Artemis. My thick head thought it was "his" favorite song....and it made sense so I didn't give it much thought. Turns out it was a message.

Then a little over a year ago he showed me at the funeral of my son John. At this funeral I was so amazed at the amount of people that were there and came out of session shaken for days. I never spoke of this to my son for fear of scaring him.

But I did talk to my mate Lionhawk about it. And we finally came to terms that if it does happens it's his time.

On May third of this year....I was posting away at the other forum....when all of a sudden in the morning of the 3rd my computer played that song. The one I thought was Artemis' favorite. It gave me goose bumps and I could not figure out how that song came on my computer. I had not been playing it beforehand.

On May fourth my Son John died in a motorcycle accident when a woman carelessly pulled a u-turn in front of him. Lights out.

He was a lighting tech for the Movies.

Here's a print screen of the post I made on May third the day before:

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 196142_436266713099768_263499584_n

Here is the song:

The candles blew and then disappeared
    The curtains flew and then he appeared
    Saying don't be afraid

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 303657_10150316663188469_1097579454_n

My son John before a skydive at burning man

My son's ashes are in that box with the red tape...in the head of the MAN....best seat in the house Wink

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 402851_3818783302716_871666669_n

Adding....Some of his ashes went out of the plane this year...at this turn

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 564342_4575655599644_782200834_n

Eleven years plus this one....I was there in 2005 with my son

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 IMG_2759

Mystical Misfits....2009

John is all over this video

Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Brook wrote:
    Now..with new eyes I can see this depiction in the
    Book of the Dead in a whole new light...because I didn't
    see the gorilla in the room...the obvious.

Based on the memory I've pulled this is totally in sync

I've been very busy and anything but bored Rolling Eyes
    Be back later...bye for now

Okay..now that I've gotten that out....next....the Papyrus of Ani....but first....I have to finish this one particular part I was leading to...they sort of go together Wink

Decoding the Chalmers Hard Problem of Consciousness:
    Qualia of the Molecular Biology of Creativity and Thought

Abstract
    This update and decoding of the Chalmers hard problem of consciousness integrates philosophy, psychology and the humanities with current evolutionary concepts of molecular biology. We summarize research that suggests how the natural variation and selection of molecular processes in primordial RNA world evolved into RNA/DNA transcription/translational dialogues with the qualia of human experience in rhythms of performance, stress and healing today. Pilot research on a new creative psychosocial genomic healing protocol, which activates the bioinformatics of qualia-dependent gene expression associated with stem cell healing and a reduction in chronic inflammation and cellular oxidation stress, is now a priority for translational research on human health and well being.
    KEY WORDS: Chalmers, consciousness, DNA microarrays, dreams, evolution, experience-dependent gene expression, psychotherapy, qualia, RNA world.

Recent research reveals many possibilities for exploring the molecular-genomic evolution of the qualia of the 4-stage creative cycle. Ramakrishana (2011), for example, presents an overview of the translation pathway of the eukaryote cell in 4 stages: initiation, elongation, release, and recycling that looks remarkably similar to the dynamics of 4-stage creative cycle. Further, within the process of transcription/translation, Breaker (2011) describes how riboswitches regulate experience-dependent gene expression to form Boolean logical gates, which could function as the molecular infrastructure for the qualia of creativity and thought.
    "The term riboswitch was established to define RNAs that control gene expression by binding metabolites without the need for protein factors. More recently, the name has begun to be used for riboswitch-like RNAs that respond to temperature. . . Riboswitches need to form molecular architectures with sufficient complexity to carry out two main functions: molecular recognition and conformational switching. Simple riboswitches each carry one aptamer that senses a single ligand and one expression platform that usually controls gene expression via a single mechanism. . . Although simple riboswitches only respond to one ligand type, this restriction in signaling complexity can be overcome by stacking tandem riboswitches from different ligand-binding classes such that gene expression is responsive to more than one chemical signal. Indeed, a natural example of such two-input Boolean logic gate has been observed . . . the tandem arrangement functions as Boolean NOR gate . . . integration of multiple aptamers . . .functions as a Boolean AND gate" (p. 64 -75).
    Orchestrating RNA/DNA transcription and translation via riboswitches forming "Boolean logic gates" is another extra ingredient" spanning the explanatory gap for decoding the Chalmers hard problem of consciousness. Riboswitch Boolean logic gates could be the molecular-genomic basis of mind-body computation, creativity and thought that takes place in every cell of the brain and body.

http://journalofcosmology.com/Consciousness126.html

Micro Array of YES AND NOT = MAYAN

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 800px-Maya-Maske

In this picture you see cogs, representing technology....and a parallel view upside down of the Mayan 'mask".

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Logic\

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 FePtmovie

http://magnet.atp.tuwien.ac.at/ts/reporthtml.html

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Cog7

If you look close enough you also see a close representation of the Isis knot. One near one of the cogs...the other on the far upper left

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 484043_396517400408033_1794157492_n Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 599876_396464317080008_1182841555_n

A combination of Biology, and machine and parallel universe.....Mind Machine

No one has yet properly explained this odd niche in the Coricancha in Cusco...

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 406073_3423059623023_1098797495_n

So...I'll take a shot at it! Looks like DNA based computer coding to me....

Coding with Life's Code

Applications and developments in DNA-based computing |

By Aileen Constans

Image: Courtesy of John Reif
    Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Code

NEXT GENERATION PC? An AB* array lattice formed from two varieties of DNA tiles, including one (B*) containing an extra loop of DNA projecting out of the lattice plane, faciliting atomic force microscope imaging of the lattice.
    A multidisciplinary group of researchers is trying to change the way people think about computers. Why rely solely on silicon-based hardware, they say, when there is so much promise in what Grzegorz Rozenberg of the University of Leiden, Netherlands, calls "bioware"--nucleic acids and enzymes? It's not as far-fetched as it sounds: A computer is nothing more than a device that computes--that is, it performs a defined series of operations on a set of input data to produce an answer. Using this definition, one can imagine, as Douglas Hofstadter did,1 that the central dogma of molecular biology is a computation in which an input DNA is transformed via a series of operations-- transcription and translation--into a protein output.
    The computer scientists, engineers, molecular and evolutionary biologists, and chemists involved in the relatively new field of DNA computing are taking this concept one step further. Ordinary biological processes, they say, are simply glorified computational algorithms, or sets of instructions for operating on data. But instead of crunching binary numbers (0 and 1), the DNA computer uses base-four math, as it were--A, C, G, and T. Consider a simple mathematical problem with 64 possible solutions. The entire solution set could be encoded in a set of three-base-long oligonucleotides, with AAA equaling 0, AAC equaling 1, AAG equaling 2, and so on. As the bioalgorithm runs--that is, as the pool of possible answers is subjected to a sequential series of enzymatic treatments--incorrect answers are discarded, leaving a set of solutions that researchers can then read.
    The advantage of this approach is that while most computers test each possible solution one at a time, DNA computations execute in parallel--massively parallel. "In roughly one gram of DNA, you can have on the order of 1018 or more DNA strands, and in an experiment you can have each of these doing a basic operation," explains John Reif of Duke University.
    Many potential applications exist, but desktop PCs are not likely to be replaced by test tubes full of biomolecular soup any time soon--if ever. "It's very important for people to realize that this capability probably isn't going to run Windows," cautions Reif. Nevertheless, researchers are forging ahead. Some scientists are combining DNA computing with evolutionary algorithms to make difficult-to-solve problems more tractable. Others are exploring how the self-assembly properties of DNA can be exploited in both computation and in the design of nanoscale structures or machines.
    Only time will tell which of these approaches, if any, will ever transition from intellectual curiosity to actual tools scientists and engineers can use to solve real-world problems. Yet the nascent field of DNA computing is generating theories that could shape the studies of computing and of biological processes for years to come.
    FLIGHT PLAN It began with a problem: Given a group of cities and their connecting flights, find if there exists a route between two endpoints that passes through the remaining cities exactly once. For a small number of cities, this problem, known as the directed Hamiltonian Path Problem (or the traveling-salesman problem [TSP]), is relatively simple to solve even without the aid of conventional computers. But as more cities are added it quickly becomes computationally intense. In the jargon of computer science, the TSP belongs to a class of problems called NP- complete. Such problems essentially require all possible solutions to be tested, making them more and more time-consuming as the number of variables increases.2
    In a pioneering experiment, Leonard Adleman of the University of Southern California used DNA molecules to tackle a small (seven-city) version of the TSP. Adleman recognized parallels between a theoretical device called a Turing machine--a simplified computer that reads input data and uses it to write output data according to a set of instructions--and DNA polymerase. In this case, the input is a DNA strand. The polymerase, he observed, reads a series of bases off the template DNA, and according to the rules of Watson-Crick base pairing, writes the complementary string on a second, output strand.2
    He synthesized oligonucleotides to represent each city and flight path between two cities. After allowing them to randomly combine into a set of possible answers, Adleman selected for paths that contained all the cities, began and ended with the desired cities, and were of the appropriate length. It took seven days, but the experiment worked.2
    Critics were quick to point out potential problems. An order-of-magnitude scale-up of the experiment, for instance, would require a quantity of DNA greater than the Earth's mass.3 Nevertheless, computer scientists and molecular biologists alike were intrigued. Biochemical reactions are far slower than today's computer processors, but they also occur in parallel, which theoretically makes DNA-based computing ideal for solving highly complex problems that involve analyzing multiple solutions--problems that might take years to perform using even the most advanced conventional computer. "[Adleman's experiment] really opened up the field," saysHarvey Rubin of the University of Pennsylvania.

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Dnascreen
    SYSTEM OPTIMIZATION Several groups are now probing the power of DNA computing. In one experiment, Dirk Faulhammer and colleagues at Princeton University used a binary RNA library to solve a nine-variable problem, limiting error rates by employing a destructive algorithm in which RNA strands that represented incorrect answers were marked by complementary DNA strands for RNase H digestion.4
    Robert Corn and colleagues at the University of Wisconsin tackled a four-variable problem using a DNA microarray-like approach: The set of possible solutions was attached to a solid support and subjected to rounds of hybridization and endonuclease digestion to yield the final answer.5 This approach, says Corn, offers several advantages over test tube-based methods. A chip format is more readily compatible with silicon devices, for instance, making it possible to couple DNA-chip technology with conventional computers in applications such as biodetection.
    Last April, Adleman and colleagues solved a 20-variable, NP-complete problem with more than one million possible answers. The team encoded variables into short DNA "sticker" strands and employed oligonucleotide probes immobilized in a polyacrylamide gel to capture strands that contained complementary sequences. In this way, strands that encoded answers to the problem were selectively retained on the gel and could be separated and subjected to subsequent rounds of electrophoresis until a correct solution was obtained.6
    Clearly, DNA computers have potential, but they will never overtake the power of conventional computers--which have solved a 13,509-city version of the TSP--without an influx of new ideas. A number of theorists have suggested incorporating evolutionary concepts, such as mutation, selection, and fitness crossover, to enrich the population of candidate answers for those that are most promising.4 David Harlan Wood of the University of Delaware adopted one such approach to simulate a DNA-based poker game. One player's DNA "strategies" compete against another's, and the most successful strategies are randomly modified, while unsuccessful ones are discarded. Successful strategies then compete with mutant strategies, and the process repeats until a winner emerges.7

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Tae

NANO-LEGO Another branch of the DNA-based computing field focuses on how DNA self-assembly can be used to orchestrate the assembly of nanoscale objects. Ned Seeman of New York University designs sequences that mimic Holliday junctions--naturally occurring branched motifs in which two double-stranded DNA molecules exchange strands, forming what looks like an intersection between two roads. Seeman's complexes contain a fixed branch point, and are capped with sticky ends so that the researchers can assemble relatively sophisticated structures from basic pieces--like molecular Lego.
    Using these elements, the lab has created a variety of nanoscale structures, including cubes, octahedrons, and a simple DNA-based mechanical device that uses the B-Z transition of DNA as a "switch,"8 More recently,Bernard Yurke and colleagues at Bell Laboratories in Murray Hill, NJ, designed a tweezers-like assembly that uses DNA as a power source.8
    But how do these DNA structures and devices relate to DNA computing? Erik Winfree of the California Institute of Technology observed that Seeman's branched molecules resemble a theoretical construct called Wang tiles, square blocks with colored edges that associate as a mosaic according to a specific rule: Each edge must be surrounded by edges of the same color.9
    Specific sets of Wang tiles can mimic the operation of a general-purpose computer. Seeman and collaborator Reif engineered branched DNA molecules that, when combined in a reaction tube, assembled like jigsaw puzzle pieces to perform a cumulative XOR operation--a binary computation that takes two input values and returns true if, and only if, the two inputs are different. In this case, instead of colors, each DNA tile possessed a unique set of sticky ends.8
    This seemingly arcane exercise could have significant applications for both electronics and robotics. Reif views DNA nanofabrication as a potential substitute for lithography in the manufacture of extremely small computer chips. And Bruce Smith, president of Molecubotics, a start-up company that has collaborated with the Winfree lab, believes that DNA self-assembly is the fastest route to nanorobotics, as it provides a means to manufacture the molecular-scale building blocks that would be necessary to arrange nanoscale parts in an organized manner. "Pretty much any type of technology that moves into the nanoscale is going to need to rely on self-assembly to create structures," explains Winfree.
    COMPUTING IN NATURE One of the most intriguing aspects of DNA computing research is the realization--perhaps not surprising--that even the simplest unicellular organisms conduct intricately complex molecular computations. Hypotrichous ciliates are single-celled organisms that contain two types of nuclei--a macronucleus that directs gene expression, and a micronucleus that is dormant until the cell reproduces. The arrangement of micronuclear genes precludes expression, as they are separated by short noncoding segments, and some of the separated genes are scrambled or encoded. But during reproduction, the genes are unscrambled and reassembled--in short, decoded--into the macronuclear form.
    In 1999, Laura Landweber and Lila Kari at Princeton University recognized that this process closely resembled Adleman's approach to the Hamiltonian Path Problem, while Rozenberg and David Prescott of the University of Colorado, Boulder, determined that the splicing and linking procedure follows formal rules that parallel a linked list, which is a data structure commonly used in conventional computing.10
    Now researchers hope to harness these processes to perform computations of their own design. University of Pennsylvania's Rubin says DNA could be introduced into unicellular organisms such as bacteria to allow them to sense an element in the environment and "compute" a response, such as slowing growth or increasing expression of a particular protein. "We might be able to engineer cells to respond to their environment in a particular way," he says.
    Engineered cells could then be combined with recording devices to build sensors similar to today's reporter-based detection systems, but with a difference: The cell would be able to fine-tune the level of detection sensitivity based on what it senses in the environment. "I can put a receptor on the surface of a bacteria and then hook that up to a reporter molecule that glows. That's done all the time," Rubin explains. "What's not done all the time is to actually program that in the sense of being able to control the level of glowing or the level of sensitivity, or to have the bugs do something more than glow." Rubin emphasizes, however, that this type of technology remains to be developed.
    For DNA-based computing, therein lies the rub: Most of the existing applications remain theoretical possibilities, and it is difficult to tell what the future holds. "DNA computation is sort of like aviation in about 1905. There was such a thing as an airplane, but who knew if it was actually going to become a major mode of transportation or just sort of a toy?" asks Seeman.
    Researchers in the field are treading cautiously in these uncharted waters, but most agree that the cooperation between the two seemingly disparate disciplines of computer science and bioscience will lead to important new insights in both fields. "I think that in maybe 20 years we will have a science of computation that is dramatically different from what we know about computation today," says Rozenberg. "Even if we don't get anything very specific [in terms of practical applications], the understanding of what computation is will become deeper and much broader."

http://www.fractal.org/Fractal-Research-and-Products/DNA-coding.htm

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 _39140165_dna_mouse2_203

Micro Array of Yes And Not.......eh?

Logic gates....
    NANO-LEGO Another branch of the DNA-based computing field focuses on how DNA self-assembly can be used to orchestrate the assembly of nanoscale objects

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 392061_3647853122720_1475656217_n

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Code
    Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Mummuy_cao08

http://www.raisingmiro.com/2012/01/30/tattooed_mummy_of_cao_per
    u/

Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:45 pm

100-nanometer gold particles remained trapped 26 times longer than had been seen in previous experiments

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 208563_161504710575971_224787_n

NIST Develops Laser Feedback Method for Nudging Nanoparticles Just Enough

FRI, MAY 04, 2012

The example of the Lycurgus Cup, as a paradigm of nanotechnology, has always bothered me. Yes, the glass of the cup changes colors depending on the light because of the presence of nanoparticles, but it's not really nanotechnology. While the Romans knew the process that would make this glass, they didn’t know why it performed the way it did. Without that kind of knowledge—and the concomitant ability to manipulate an effect—what you have is at most craft, and not science.
    That's the reason many trace the real beginning of nanotechnology to the development of microscopy tools like the scanning tunneling microscope (STM). Without the array of tools we have for seeing, measuring and manipulating the world on the scale of atoms and molecules, there would have been little to no advancement in nanotechnology. In other words, nanotechnology is not just the world of the very small but having the tools to know what we’re doing at that scale and setting about to do it.

Now researchers at the National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) have added a new tool to the arsenal that should allow researchers to better user lasers in manipulating nanoparticles inside biological cells without damaging them. The researchers have developed a control and feedback system that lets the laser nudge nanoparticles to exactly where they are needed for analysis.
    In the NIST press release covering the technology, Thomas LeBrun, one of the researchers on the project, explains: "You can think of it like attracting moths in the dark with a flashlight. A moth is naturally attracted to the flashlight beam and will follow it even as the moth flutters around apparently at random. We follow the fluttering particle with our flashlight beam as the particle is pushed around by the neighboring molecules in the fluid. We make the light brighter when it gets too far off course, and we turn the light off when it is where we want it to be. This lets us maximize the time that the nanoparticle is under our control while minimizing the time that the beam is on, increasing the particle's lifetime in the trap."
    The researchers report two key results:
    100-nanometer gold particles remained trapped 26 times longer than had been seen in previous experiments
    Silica particles 350 nanometers in diameter lasted 22 times longer, but with the average beam power reduced by 33 percent.

LeBrun characterizes this development as pushing the field an order of magnitude further than it was before. He says the researchers will now begin work in building complex nanoscale devices and testing nanoparticles as sensors and drugs in living cells.
    http://spectrum.ieee.org/nanoclast/...-method-for-nudging-nanoparticles-just-enough

Okay, this is from the papyrus of Ani and relates to the Book of the Dead and the afterlife. The picture is of Isis and Nephthys her twin sister.

Now when I started getting this memory...I ran into the lives of various gods of Egypt. While I had no prior knowledge of the mythology and the stories one that stuck in my memory was of Isis. And someone had mentioned to me she had a twin sister. I said...no...she did not. She did not have a sister that I remember. In fact what I remembered was a house maid who became a mistress to Osiris. Relieving Isis of having to bed with Osiris...because what I got was total disdain of Oisris from Isis. She could not stand to be around him. I also had this memory of Isis and Nephthys throwing his phallus in the river as a joke after Set had him torn into pieces and scattered in the desert. Nephthys looked quite a bit like Isis...but she was not her sister.

So according to legend....Isis writes the Book of the dead. This depiction is of her and her sister...doing exactly what?

First look at the floor...it's levitated...rising. In between them is the Djed....the power source. Or is it the only power source? above the Djed is the Ankh

Look at the symbol for Ankh:

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Blue-light-ankh

now look at this once again.....

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Lac-DNAloopsmall

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Pse
    See any familiar symbols?

Above that the Sun disc.

Now look at the crown for Isis...it's the "throne"...the seat of power eh?

What of the crown of Nephthys?

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 220px-Nepthys.svg

you have an inverted Throne with a "fill in in orange....in the throne is the symbol for 'bread".....the body of Christ.....the reserrection.

Above that the Neb.....which means What again....Lord Master?
    Look again...
    Rosetta Stone use

A distinctive use of the basket hieroglyph, for nb is in the composition block for the word "everything". One common portrayal is with sieve, 't', basket,

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Basket

"everything", or "all things". The Rosetta Stone also uses just the basket,
    for "every", "all", "everything", as well as multiple uses for just the word "lord
    On her crown it means:
    *Lord of the Two Lands
    Lord of Coronations,
    *Lady of the House,
    What house? Now Nephthys was known as the "mistress of the house"...which tracks with the memory I had. So the house of Isis is Osiris. but Nephthys is knowns as the Mistress of what house?
    Check it:
    Though it commonly has been assumed that Nepthys was married to Set, recent Egyptological research has called this into question. Levai notes that whilePlutarch’s De Iside et Osiride mentions the deity's marriage, there is very little specifically linking Nephthys and Set in the original early Egyptian sources. She argues that the later evidence suggests that:
    while Nephthys’s marriage to Set was a part of Egyptian mythology, it was not a part of the myth of the murder and resurrection of Osiris. She was not paired with Set the villain, but with Set’s other aspect, the benevolent figure who was the killer of Apophis. This was the aspect of Set worshiped in the western oases during the Roman period, where he is depicted with Nephthys as co-ruler.

Aspect?!?! Say what? Give me a damned break with the "aspects" eh! that's a real good way to nullify it all.....to exactly what?

Nephthys plays an important role in the Osirian myth-cycle.
    It is Nephthys who assists Isis in gathering and mourning the dismembered portions of the body of Osiris, after his murder by the envious Set. Nephthys also serves as the nursemaid and watchful guardian of the infant Horus. The Pyramid Texts refer to Isis as the "birth-mother" and to Nephthys as the "nursing-mother" of Horus.

Now, go back to the above depiction..the Picture above. Above the Sun disc is a blue line.....that would be the blue flames of Amenti. The edge of the universe/dimension.

Is the Goddess Isis looking at her alter ego? In Nephthys? Her twin in another parallel universe? And exactly how does this work?

What are the girls kneeling on?

What they are kneeling on is the symbol for GOLD...
    Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Gold
    Nebu

This symbol represents gold which was considered a divine metal, it was thought to be the flesh of the gods. Its polished surface was related to the brilliance of the sun. Gold was important to the afterlife as it represents aspects of immortality. By the New Kingdom, the royal burial chamber was called the "House of Gold."

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT HOUSE!!!!! Crazy Happy

Why their kneeling on this symbol?

The ancient Egyptian Gold hieroglyph is a member of the crowns, dress, staves hieroglyphs. Its major importance is as one of the Fivefold Titulary names of the Egyptian pharaoh, the Horus of Gold name.
    The gold hieroglyph is used as a determinative in the names of precious metals, and as an ideogram in nbw, "gold". The hieroglyph is an Egyptian language biliteral with the value of nb.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_(hieroglyph)
    value of NB???

The Ancient Egyptian Basket hieroglyph is Gardiner sign listed no. V30 for a semicircular-shaped, shallow basket. It is an Egyptian language biliteral for nb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basket_(hieroglyph)#cite_note-0

EVERYTHING....GOLD.
    Have Egyptologists correctly deciphered Egyptian language? Because they failed to discover that all the basic Hieroglyphic graphemes have only bilateral phonetic values? Or because they failed to correctly decipher more than 70% of basic Hieroglyphs that nearly count 1000?

Then you have of course the equal and opposite facing Baboons which mean:

(I'm not going to post this you'll just have to read the obvious by the link I leave)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babi_(mythology)

So look closely at the rising floor....on the sides is a 'field'...or a WAVE...as in a "particle wave"....as in ENTANGLEMENT.....it's there....subtle but definitively there in the depiction/picture.....

This happens when a physical system uses its own nonlocality in its organization. In this case a feedback loop is created, as follows: the system configures itself so as to set up its own Bohmian pilot wave, which in turn directly affects its physical configuration which then affects its nonlocal pilot wave which affects the configuration, etc...

Bohm-Sarfatti Back-Reaction

the quantum behaviour of a system of electrons and the behavior of mind

Geometry acts on Matter/Energy telling it how to move,
    while Matter/Energy has a reciprocal Back-Reaction on Geometry telling it how to bend.

The person portraying the sister of Isis IS Isis in another parallel universe

Gold also was strongly associated in the ancient Egyptian mind with eternity,

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 450px-Louvre_122007_27

There she is again...kneeling on GOLD!

Here you have the alternate Goddess on the symbol for GOLD...with wings.....

Again kneeling...on the Red granite sarcophagus of Ramses I
    II.

Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:49 pm

Nanotechnology and the ancient Romans: the Lycurgus Cup

The Lycurgus Cup has long fascinated me. It’s an ancient piece of art that is nanotechnology-enhanced so that depending on how the light hits it, the cup glows either green or red.

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 GreenLycurgus

The Lycurgus Cup 1958,1202.1 in reflected light. Scene showing Lycurgus being enmeshed by Ambrosia, now transformed into a vine-shoot. Department of Prehistory and Europe, The British Museum. Height: 16.5 cm (with modern metal mounts), diameter: 13.2 cm. ©️ The Trustees of the British Museum
    I must admit to a preference for the red simply because I can better see the designs.

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 RedLycurgusl-300x300

The Lycurgus Cup 1958,1202.1 in transmitted light. Scene showing Lycurgus being enmeshed by Ambrosia, now transformed into a vine-shoot. Department of Prehistory and Europe, The British Museum. Height: 16.5 cm (with modern metal mounts), diameter: 13.2 cm. ©️ The Trustees of the British Museum
    The History of the Ancient World website recently featured a 2007 article about the Lycurgus Cup by Ian Freestone, Nigel Meeks, Margaret Sax and Catherine Higgitt for the Gold Bulletin, Vol. 40:4 (2007),
    The Lycurgus Cup represents one of the outstanding achievements of the ancient glass industry. This late Roman cut glass vessel is extraordinary in several respects, firstly in the method of fabrication and the exceptional workmanship involved and secondly in terms of the unusual optical effects displayed by the glass.
    The Lycurgus Cup is one of a class of Roman vessels known as cage cups or diatreta, where the decoration is in openwork which stands proud from the body of the vessel, to which it is linked by shanks or bridges Typically these openwork “cages” comprise a lattice of linked circles, but a small number have figurative designs, although none of these is as elaborate or as well preserved as the Lycurgus Cup. Cage cups are generally dated to the fourth century A.D. and have been found across the Roman Empire, but the number recovered is small, and probably only in the region of 50-100 examples are known. They are among the most technically sophisticated glass objects produced before the modern era.
    The article itself can be viewed or downloaded from here. The cup as noted can be two different colours,
    The glass of the cup is dichroic; in direct light it resembles jade with an opaque greenish-yellow tone, but when light shines through the glass (transmitted light) it turns to a translucent ruby colour
    The presence of colloidal metals (gold-silver) give the glass at least some of its unusual optical properties according to the authors. Although reading between the lines, it seems that even today we can’t duplicate what those 4th century Roman glassmakers achieved.
    The Lycurgus Cup demonstrates a short-lived technology developed in the fourth century A.D. by Roman glass-workers. They discovered that glass could be coloured red and unusual colour change effects generated by the addition of a precious metal bearing material when the glass was molten. We now understand that these effects are due to the development of nanoparticles in the glass. However, the inability to control the colourant process meant that relatively few glasses of this type were produced, and even fewer survive. The Cup is the outstanding example of this technology in every respect – its outstanding cut work and red-green dichroism render it a unique record.

There you have it, ancient Roman nanotechnology. cheers
    http://www.frogheart.ca/?p=2
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:52 pm

So what kind of nanotechnology did the ancients know about ? Check it

Ancient effect harnessed to produce electricity from waste heat

Notice the date...
    June 27th, 2012

Abstract:
    The latest episode in the American Chemical Society's (ACS') award-winning Global Challenges/Chemistry Solutions podcast series describes the first-of-its-kind "pyroelectric nanogenerator," a new device designed to harvest the enormous amounts of energy wasted as heat every year to produce electricity.

Based on a report by Zhong Lin Wang, Ph.D., and colleagues in the ACS journal Nano Letters, the new podcast is available without charge at iTunes and from www.acs.org/globalchallenges.

In the report, Wang and colleagues explain that more than 50 percent of the energy generated in the U.S. every year goes to waste, much of it as heat released to the environment by everything from computers to cars to long-distance electric transmission lines. Heat can be converted to electricity using something called the pyroelectric effect, first described by the Greek philosopher Theophrastus in 314 B.C., when he noticed that the gemstone tourmaline produced static electricity and attracted bits of straw when heated. Heating and cooling rearrange the molecular structure of certain materials, including tourmaline, and create an imbalance of electrons that generates an electric current. Wang's group wanted to apply the ancient principle to make a nanogenerator (NG), which uses a time-dependent temperature change to generate electricity and could take advantage of heat changes in the modern world.

To do that, the researchers made nanowires out of zinc oxide, a compound added to paints, plastics, electronics and even food. Using an array of short lengths of nanowire standing on end, they demonstrated a device that produces electricity when heated or cooled. They suggest the NGs could even produce power as temperatures fluctuate from day to night. "This new type of NG can be the basis for self-powered nanotechnology that harvests thermal energy from the time-dependent temperature fluctuation in our environment for applications such as wireless sensors, temperature imaging, medical diagnostics and personal microelectronics," the researchers said.

http://www.nanotech-now.com/news.cgi?story_id=45459

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Damascus Steel - Sword Makers of the Islamic Civilization

Ancient Technology and Modern Alchemy

Since the knowledge of the forgers has been lost many researchers have sought it, and in fact this report is based on their findings over the past decade or more. But in a
    recent article

in
    Nature

, a research team led by Peter Paufler at the University of Dresden report that they may have an idea of the mechanics of how the high carbon steel was created and why it disappeared. That idea lies in that most modern of materials sciences: nanotechnology.

The word 'nanotechnology' might seem a little odd to be applied to a technology that is clearly several centuries old. After all, a 'nanometer' is something that means one billionth part of meter, something no one could have measured until very recently. But in this sense, nanotechnology refers to the purposeful (and accidental) inclusion of very very tiny amounts of materials to create chemical reactions at the quantum level. Nanotechnology played a role in the mixing of
    Maya blue

, that amazing color in Maya murals from 8th century America.
    Stained glass windows

from the European Renaissance, colored
    glasses in Bronze Age Egypt

, and violins from the 18th century master Stradivari all benefited from the creative use of tiny amounts of inclusions of foreign matter placed into created objects, creating quantum level qualitative changes in the product. Nanotechnology then is alchemy in its most pure form.

http://archaeology.about.com/od/ancientweapons/a/damascus_steel_2.htm

Materials: Carbon nanotubes in an ancient Damascus Sabre

Topof page
    The steel of Damascus blades, which were first encountered by the Crusaders when fighting against Muslims, had features not found in European steels — a characteristic wavy banding pattern known as damask, extraordinary mechanical properties, and an exceptionally sharp cutting edge. Here we use high-resolution transmission electron microscopy to examine a sample of Damascus sabre steel from the seventeenth century and find that it contains carbon nanotubes as well as cementite nanowires. This microstructure may offer insight into the beautiful banding pattern of the ultrahigh-carbon steel created from an ancient recipe that was lost long ago.
    http://archaeology.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=archaeology&cdn=education&tm=24&f=20&su=p284.13.342.ip_&tt=2&bt=1&bts=1&zu=http%3A//www.nature.com/nature/journal/v444/n7117/abs/444286a.html

In 1904, the Sacred Cenote of Chichén Itzá was dredged by archaeologist Edward H. Thompson. Thompson recovered one hundred human skeletons and hundreds of objects sacrificed by the Maya between about AD 500 and the Spanish conquest. Many of the objects recovered by Thompson are currently curated in Chicago's Field Museum, where they recently provided Wheaton College archaeologist Dean Arnold and coauthors with new information about the tenacious turquoise pigment known as Maya Blue. The report appears in the March 2008 issue of Antiquity.
    Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Cenote_sm

Sacred Cenote (Well of the Sacrifices), Chichén Itzá, Mexico
    Photo Credit: Oscar Anton

Maya Blue, like other ancient manufactured pigments (such as Egyptian Blue and Chinese Purple) is quite stable, maintaining its bright turquoise color after hundreds of years and despite exposure to harsh climatic conditions. The sacred cenote at Chichén Itzá is a natural well into which humans and jade, wood, rubber and leather objects were thrown as sacrifices. Before these objects were thrown into the cenote, according to historical accounts, the Maya heated some of the objects and painted many of them blue.
    Studies of Maya Blue in the 1960s revealed that the pigment was made of a combination of palygorskite and a tiny bit of indigo (about .5 to 1%). Palygorskite is a white clay called sak lu'um in the Maya language, and it was used for medicinal purposes and pottery temper. Indigo (the source of the blue color) is a plant (Indigofera spp); it was called ch'ooh in the Maya language and was also used for medicinal purposes. Researchers soon discovered that simply combining the two elements, however, did not produce a stable pigment. Only if the combination was exposed to sustained low-heat temperatures, about 150 degrees centigrade, would classic Maya Blue be obtained.

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Bonampak_mural2_sm

Mural at Bonampak, Chiapas, Mexico with Maya Blue background
    Photo Credit: Nick Leonard

Some of the artifacts recovered from Thompson's 1904 dredgings are curated today in Chicago's Field Museum. Among the artifacts is a decorated tripod Mayapan bowl made between about AD 1300-1460. Dean Arnold was perusing the Thompson collection at the Field Museum when he noted a label "Blue on copal in bowl." Energy dispersive x-ray analysis of the material in the bowl revealed a combination of copal, palygorskite and indigo, suggesting to Arnold that the bowl had been used in an attempt to produce Maya Blue.
    Copal (called pom) is a form of hardened resin from the sap of the copal tree (Protium copal), and it is basically a young form of amber. Copal melts at a temperature of about 150 degrees centigrade; it burns slowly and consistently with a pungent smoke. It had a widely documented role as incense in ceremonies throughout the cultures of Middle America.

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Bowl4a

Maya tripod pottery bowl containing copal recovered from the Sacred Cenote from Chichén Itzá, Yucatán. Accession No. 189262
    Photo Credit: John Weinstein (c) the Field Museum
    http://archaeology.about.com/b/2008/02/26/maya-blue-rituals-and-recipe.htm

The presence of partially burned copal, indigo and palygorskite within this bowl in the Sacred Cenote, combined with historical documents from Spanish chroniclers such as Bishop Landa, indicates that the production of Maya Blue was part of the ritual of religious sacrifice. Objects to be sacrificed would have been heated, painted or dusted blue and then tossed into the murky green water with a ceremonial sizzle.
    Although he didn't understand it at the time, Edward Thompson identified evidence of the association of Maya Blue with sacrificial practice, when he dredged the Sacred Cenote in 1904. In his field notes he indicated that a 14 foot thick layer of blue silt was found at the bottom of the cenote. Arnold and colleagues believe this represents the accumulated remains of Maya Blue washed from hundreds of sacrific

Egyptian blue

Egyptian blue, also known as calcium copper silicate, is a pigment used by Egyptians for thousands of years. It is considered to be the first synthetic pigment. The pigment was known to the Romans by the name caeruleum. Vitruvius describes in his work '"De architectura" how it was produced by grinding sand, copper and natron and heating the mixture, shaped into small balls, in a furnace. Lime is necessary for the production as well, but probably lime-rich sand was used. After the Roman era, Egyptian Blue fell from usage and the manner of its creation was forgotten.

The ancient Egyptian word wedjet signifies blue, blue-green and green.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wadjet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_blue

Clay Minerals as an Ancient Nanotechnology:
    Historical Uses of Clay Organic Interactions,
    and Future Possible Perspectives

http://www.ehu.es/sem/macla_pdf/macla9/macla9_15.pdf

Nanotechnology: New Name, Old Science

Introduction

Colloidal phenomena are encountered in everyday materials
    (polymers, plastics, and rubber,
    agrochemicals, pharmaceuticals and cosmeceuticals, paper,
    foodstuffs, fabrics, textiles, and
    detergents) and technologies (nucleation and precipitation, liquid
    crystals, chromatography and ionexchange, flotation, and heterogeneous catalysis).
    Historically, humans have
    observed and made use of colloidal phenomena for thousands
    of years. Stone Age paintings in
    the Lascaux caves of France were
    produced with stabilized colloidal
    pigments; the Bible and other
    early religious writings refer to
    strange clouds and fogs; ancient
    Babylonian tablets describe the
    preparation of inks and pigments;
    ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs
    show scenes of silting of the Nile
    delta, and Hebrew slaves made
    bricks of clay.
    Nanotechnology
    In 2007, the FDA issued its
    Nanotechnology Task Force Report
    in which nanotechnology is
    defined as the ability to measure,
    see, manipulate and manufacture things usually between one
    and 100 nanometers. Nano-size
    particles are but a new term for
    colloids.
    There is a continuing and
    increasing interest in “nanotechnology” applications for the
    pharmaceutical industries, due
    to improved drug delivery and
    targeting. One estimate suggests
    that about 80% of the 2015 market in those industries will relate
    to nanotechnology
    What’s a Colloid?
    The concept and the name of
    “colloid” are credited to Thomas
    Graham (1861). Using (a) restricted diffusivity (colloids are
    held back by a semi-permeable
    membrane) and (b) optical turbidity (colloids scatter light) he demonstrated (with gelatin solutions
    and gold sols respectively) that
    two distinct classes of material
    can be so qualified.

http://www.particlesciences.com/docs/technical_briefs/TB_2011_8.pdf

Warning....Radio Edit language in this one:

Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:08 pm

Before I go back to Egypt....I want to discuss Nanotechnology.

DNA Hairs Provide Potential for Molecular Self-Assembly

A new model for DNA-covered nanoparticles predicts their stable crystal structures and may one day help in finding the optimal building blocks for self-assembling materials.
    Quantitative Prediction of the Phase Diagram of DNA-Functionalized Nanosized Colloids

Bianca M. Mladek, Julia Fornleitner, Francisco J. Martinez-Veracoechea, Alexandre Dawid, and Daan Frenkel
    Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 268301 (2012)
    Published June 25, 2012

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 04d054c543a6ee3c

Figure 1 Cartoon of the coarse-graining process proposed by Bianca Mladek and co-workers for modeling metal nanoparticles coated with DNA strands. The original particle (top) is a gold crystalline core made of many atoms (shown in enlargement). The core is functionalized with DNA single strands, whose last group of bases (green) can bind with complementary strands attached to a distinct nanoparticle. In the first step of the coarse-graining process (middle), the core is condensed into a single particle and the DNA sequence is treated as a charged polymer, in which each site represents a group of bases (red if not binding, green if binding). In the next coarse-graining step (bottom), the nonbinding part of all polymers is condensed into a single soft sphere (pink), while each binding sequence is condensed into a separate soft particle (green).
    For many years, condensed-matter physicists have been involved with the fundamental problem of predicting how atoms and molecules behave collectively, exploiting their understanding for often unforeseen technological applications. More recently, the reconstruction of the atomic and molecular world on the nano- and microlength scales using human-engineered building blocks has come into focus. Nano- and microparticles of unconventional shape and surface properties have made their appearance in the laboratory and will hopefully become available in bulk quantities in the near future [1]. Particles can be “functionalized” by attaching specific molecules that change how areas of the particle respond to the surrounding solvent (e.g., creating hydrophobic/hydrophilic patches in the case of water), which allows some control over particle-particle interactions. With these tools, material scientists have a new challenge in designing particles that can self-assemble into novel materials for specific technological applications. A key part of this bottom-up strategy is understanding the effective potentials that control how the building blocks interact.
    DNA-functionalized nanocolloids constitute a particularly promising class of new particles. In the simplest case, single strands of DNA are attached—in what is now a standard procedure—to the surface of a metal nanoparticle, completely shielding the metallic core and giving rise to a “hairy” particle. The choice of DNA as the functionalizing polymer is particularly rewarding. DNA is indeed highly selective in its interactions and is already exploited by nature in its role as genetic material. By choosing an appropriate sequence of bases, researchers can control the intra- and interparticle pairing abilities, achieving, in principle, a sophisticated and detailed handle on the (temperature-dependent) interparticle interaction potential. Additionally, in playing with single- or double-stranded DNA, scientists can tune the flexibility of the particle’s hairs.
    Although the basic idea of coating colloids with DNA was presented more than a decade ago [2, 3], it is only recently that experiments have reported the self-assembly of ordered crystalline phases [4, 5]. Progress has been limited by several difficulties associated with the competing presence of kinetic traps, which favor the formation of amorphous aggregates rather than crystals [6]. One place where this poses a problem is in choosing the temperature for an experiment. Researchers must fine tune the temperature so that the system can reversibly sample a large fraction of microstates in order to find the ordered crystal structure. However, bath temperatures only a few degrees below the strand melting temperature are sufficient to turn the aggregation process into an irreversible one. The difficulties become worse if the desired crystal structure is something other than the most common cubic ones. In light of these complications, the community has long sought a way to accurately model the interparticle interaction potential, since that would be very valuable in predicting the most stable crystal structure as well as the optimal conditions for its formation.
    To that end, Bianca Mladek of the University of Cambridge, UK, and University of Vienna, Austria, and co-workers report in Physical Review Letters on a promising model for predicting the phase diagram of DNA-functionalized nano colloids [7]. They focus on a binary mixture of nanocolloids that are functionalized with one of two different single-stranded DNA oligomers. The last 15 bases of the two sequences are complementary, thus providing a binding site between distinct colloids.
    Mladek and co-workers faced two main obstacles in modeling the effective potential. The first was associated with the level of coarse-graining required to have a tractable interaction potential. For a single colloid, an atomistic simulation is, in principle, feasible, but the number of atomic degrees of freedom becomes intractable when investigating the collective behavior of multiple colloids. Instead, modelers must identify the important degrees of freedom and then apply a coarse-graining procedure that averages out the irrelevant ones. Mladek et al. employed a three-step coarse-graining procedure (see Fig. 1). First, they condensed all atoms defining a small group of nucleotide bases into a single representative interaction site. Second, they grouped all sites on the same DNA strand by whether they belonged or didn’t belong to the sticky binding sequence. As a result of these two steps, the degrees of freedom decreased to approximately 300 per nanoparticle. The third and last step in the coarse-graining procedure involved condensing all remaining sites into two spherical components of the interaction potential, modeling the nonbinding and the binding contributions, respectively.
    The second important problem to solve was the description of the hybridization binding free energy. Mladek and co-workers had to especially take care in preserving the specificity of the DNA-DNA interaction (the single-bond-per-strand—or valence preservation—condition [8]), which would have been lost in a standard coarse-graining process. This is a particularly important issue to take into account when particles interact via a lock-and-key type of interaction, in which paired strands become inert, i.e., unable to participate in subsequent bonds. The final binding probability that the authors used was parameterized against experimental data [9], providing the possibility of a close comparison between model predictions and laboratory results.
    The multistep coarse-graining procedure provides a numerically tractable potential that makes it possible to evaluate the free energy of possible crystals and to calculate the range of temperatures and colloid concentrations over which the crystals are stable. For their modeled DNA nanocolloid, the researchers found that the most stable low-density ordered structure (which coexists with a dilute disordered fluid phase) is the same, mutatis mutandis, as the cesium-chloride (CsCl) crystal structure. The value of the lattice parameters, as well as their dependence on the external control parameters, properly describes the available experimental data, providing confidence in the effective potential stemming from the proposed coarse-graining process.
    To better assess the generality of the model, further comparisons with additional experiments would be most welcome, e.g., with particles functionalized by DNA sequences differing in length and in coding sequence. The potential is here for an extremely powerful instrument that the soft matter and material science communities could use to optimize the properties of the nanoparticles by selecting the best size of the metal cores, the best DNA-grafting density, and the best DNA sequence. This will greatly facilitate the search for the optimal particles and for the best control parameters to make self-assembling crystals with particular targeted structures. With slight modification, the same approach can be adopted to help design and fabricate clusters using DNA-encoded nanoparticles

http://physics.aps.org/articles/v5
    /71

Last edited by Brook on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:11 pm

The Ethics of Nanotechnology

What kind of world do we wish to inhabit and leave for following generations? Our planet is in trouble if current trends continue into the future: environmental degradation, extinction of species, rampant diseases, chronic warfare, poverty, starvation and social injustice.

Are suffering and despair humanity's fate? Not necessarily. We have within our grasp the technology to help bring about great progress in elevating humanity. Or we can use our evolving knowledge for destructive ends. We are already immersed in fiery debates on genetic engineering, cloning, nuclear physics and the science of warfare. Nanotechnology, with its staggering implications, will create a whole new set of ethical quandaries. A strong set of operating principles is needed -- standards by which we can guide ourselves to a healthier destiny.

Excellent work on nanotechnology ethics, including technical standards and policies, has been compiled by theForesight Institute, and we encourage everyone working in this field to support their work. See also the The Center for Responsible Nanotechnology (CRN), a non-profit organization, formed to advance the safe use of molecular nanotechnology; and The Nanoethics Group a non-partisan and independent organization focused generally on the ethical and social implications of nanotechnology.

The following are some ethical guidelines gleaned from both Foresight and our own philosophy and experience in this field:

* Nanotechnology's highest and best use should be to create a world of abundance where no one is lacking for their basic needs. Those needs include adequate food, safe water, a clean environment, housing, medical care, education, public safety, fair labor, unrestricted travel, artistic expression and freedom from fear and oppression.

* High priority must be given to the efficient and economical global distribution of the products and services created by nanotechnology. We recognize the need for reasonable return on investment, but we must also recognize that our planet is small and we all depend upon each other for safety, stability, even survival.

* Military research and applications of nanotechnology must be limited to defense and security systems, and not for political purposes or aggression. And any government-funded research that generates useful non-military technological advances must be made available to the public.

* Scientists developing and experimenting with nanotechnology must have a solid grounding in ecology and public safety, or have someone on their team who does. Scientists and their organizations must also be held accountable for the willful, fraudulent or irresponsible misuse of the science.

* All published research and discussion of nanotechnology should be accurate as possible, adhere to the scientific method, and give due credit to sources. Labeling of products should be clear and accurate, and promotion of services, including consulting, should disclose any conflicts of interest.

* Published debates over nanotechnology, including chat room discussions, should focus on advancing the merits of the arguments rather than personal attacks, such as questioning the motives of opponents.

* Business models in the field should incorporate long-term, sustainable practices, such as the efficient use of resources, recycling of toxic materials, adequate compensation for workers and other fair labor practices.

* Industry leaders should be collaborative and self-regulating, but also support public education in the sciences and reasonable legislation to deal with legal and social issues associated with nanotechnology.

http://www.nanotech-now.com/ethics-of-nanotechnology.htm

Potential Benefits...

It would not take much of a leap, then, to imagine disassemblers dismantling garbage to be recycled at the molecular level, and then given to assemblers for them to build atomically perfect engines. Stretching this vision a bit, you can imagine a Star Trek type replicator which could reassemble matter in the form of a juicy steak, given the correct blueprints and organization of these nanomachines.
    Just given the basic premises of nanotechnology, you can imagine the vast potential of this technology. Some of it's more prominent benefits would be:
    Manufacturing
    Precision Manufacturing
    Material Reuse
    Miniaturization
    Medicine
    Pharmaceutical Creation
    Disease Treatment
    Nanomachine-assisted Surgery
    Environment
    Toxin Cleanup
    Recycling
    Resource Consumption Reduction
    Along with all the obvious manufacturing benefits, there are also many potential medical and environmental benefits. With nanomachines, we could better design and synthesize pharmaceuticals; we could directly treat diseased cells like cancer; we could better monitor the life signs of a patient; or we could use nanomachines to make microscopic repairs in hard-to-operate-on areas of the body. With regard to the environment, we could use nanomachines to clean up toxins or oil spills, recycle all garbage, and eliminate landfills, thus reducing our natural resource consumption.

Potential Dangers...

The flip side to these benefits is the possibility of assemblers and disassemblers being used to create weapons, be used as weapons themselves, or for them to run wild and wreak havoc. Other, less invasive, but equally perilous uses of nanotechnology would be in electronic surveillance.

Weapons
    Miniature Weapons and Explosives
    Disassemblers for Military Use
    Rampant Nanomachines
    The Gray Goo Scenario
    Self Replicating Nanomachines
    Surveillance
    Monitoring
    Tracking

Weapons are an obvious negative use of nanotechnology. Simply extending today's weapon capabilities by miniaturizing guns, explosives, and electronic components of missiles would be deadly enough. However, with nanotechnology, armies could also develop disassemblers to attack physical structures or even biological organism at the molecular level. A similar hazard would be if general purpose disassemblers got loose in the environment and started disassembling every molecule they encountered. This is known as "The Gray Goo Scenario." Furthermore, if nanomachines were created to be self replicating and there were a problem with their limiting mechanism, they would multiply endlessly like viruses. Even without considering the extreme disaster scenarios of nanotechnology, we can find plenty of potentially harmful uses for it. It could be used to erode our freedom and privacy; people could use molecular sized microphones, cameras, and homing beacons to monitor and track others.

http://www.scu.edu/ethics/publications/submitted/chen/nanotechnology.h
    tml
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:12 pm

Ethics of Human Enhancement:
    25 Questions & Answers

“Man is the only creature that refuses to be
    what he is.”
    —Albert Camus

No matter where one is aligned on this issue, it is clear that the human enhancement debate is a deeply passionate and personal one, striking at the heart of what it means to be human.

http://www.humanenhance.com/NSF_report.pd
    f

Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:38 pm

Brook wrote:Ethics of Human Enhancement:
    25 Questions & Answers

“Man is the only creature that refuses to be
    what he is.”
    —Albert Camus

No matter where one is aligned on this issue, it is clear that the human enhancement debate is a deeply passionate and personal one, striking at the heart of what it means to be human.

http://www.humanenhance.com/NSF_report.pd
    f

We'll get bacak to this....but next....

physicists-propose-building-real-space-time-crystal

Theater of parallel Universe - Page 3 Time%20crystal.
    [i]
    This is highly strange, but the physics make sense, according to Wilczek’s theory, which he published on the arXiv server back in February. A spacetime crystal would simply be a physical object whose regular, periodic atoms move in a regular, periodic pattern. They would move forever, with no external input.

A basic time crystal could just be a circular arrangement of regularly ordered atoms that move around to the same spot at regular intervals. Now Tongcang Li at the University of California-Berkeley and some colleagues have described just such a system.

They propose a cloud of beryllium ions trapped inside an electromagnetic field, which forces them into a circular pattern. The ions all have the same charge and so repel each other, naturally ordering themselves in equilibrium. This is simple enough.

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2012-07/physicists-propose-building-real-space-time-crystal

QUANTUM TIME CRYSTALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1202.2539v2.pdf

OH WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY DID NOT SAY THAT?!?!

Isn't Beryllium what is being found it the chemtrails?!?!?!?!?!

Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:40 pm

Reporter: Matt Vanderveer
    Email Address: Matt.Vanderveer@nbc11news.com
    GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) – The trails left behind by airplanes can be explained by simple chemistry– air and moisture mixing in the atmosphere make white trails in the sky.
    They’re called contrails but some believe those trails are more than a mixture of moisture.
    A controversial theory is gaining popularity– a theory that has some saying those contrails are the government using the sky as their own personal chemistry experiment; an experiment that some fear is dangerous.
    The technical term is Geo-engineering.
    “The plans to put chemicals into the atmosphere will pollute our air, our water and our soil.”
    President of the Agriculture Defense Coalition Rosalind Peterson says chemicals are being sprayed into the air via jet planes, all in an attempt to combat global warming.
    “They’re changing our climate and they’re reducing the amount of sunlight that’s reaching the earth,” says Peterson.
    Grand Junction resident Derrick Snider has photographed hundreds of local contrails over the past year.
    “You’ll see a lot of checkerboard patterns in the sky or a lot of cross patterns or X patterns,” says Snider.
    Snider says these trails in the sky are part of a government experiment.
    “They’re using aerosol spraying techniques to bounce sun rays back into the atmosphere,” says Snider.
    He says high levels of aluminum and other toxic chemicals can be measured in the atmosphere.
    “Chemicals like aluminum oxides, barium, beryllium and sulfur,” says Snider.
    http://talesfromthelou.wordpress.com/2011/11/28/finally-mainstream-media-nbc-covers-chemtrails/

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:53 am