tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+4
burgundia
Swanny
orthodoxymoron
Carol
8 posters

U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning

Swanny
    Swanny

U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning - Page 7 Empty Re: U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning

Post  Swanny Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:56 pm

I've been cleaning out my store room. I had loads of tinned food in there but the best before date was 2009 Crazy Happy
    I was going to keep it but I found a book in there called "When all hell breaks lose"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/When-All-Hell-Breaks-Loose-ebook/dp/B001OM52GK

He says that food loses it's nutritional value so I've binned it. About 5 big floppy tubs worth
    I didn't realise I had prepped so well back in 2008 when it looked like it was going to crash.

I've gone from what once would have been 4 or 5 months of food to about a week

Not really into Feng Shui but that's my relationship corner so I reckon I'll find love very soon JT But I won't have any food to give her Nutbar
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning - Page 7 Empty Re: U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning

Post  Carol Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:14 pm

So sorry about your having to bin so much food. We had to do that as well as some of it was from Y2K. Hah!

So your relationship is with food?  Bleh

Here are some basics we keep on hand Swanny.

Rice, oatmeal, honey, dehydrated foods in sealed packages, nut & seed butters (peanut, almond, sesame seed, etc), jams, honey, variety of nuts and seeds (walnuts, almonds, macadamia, chia seeds, sesame seeds). My cousin was so poor she didn't have money for food and ate peanut butter and oatmeal during that time. She's in her 70's. Canned meats (tuna, salmon, chicken, sardines) to make sandwich spreads. Pancake mix can also be used as a bread substitute. Eggs can be frozen. Butter can be frozen. Cheese can be frozen. Lemons can be frozen. Berries can be frozen. Bananas can be frozen. Dehydrated soup (egg flour, split pea, coconut curry, Italian). Beans and fixings for chili. Pasta and sauce. Flour and yeast to make bread. Cinnamon, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper are the basic spices.. add to this. Tea and coffee.

Vitimin C & D3.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:56 pm

A good way to go about this is to stockpile for a few months ahead while using it at the same time.
    For evertything used in chronological order chronological order you replace it so there will never be anything to throw away.
    Maybe she , your lover to come will have food to give you Swanny.
    I just received 3 Click and Grow hydroponic indoor gardens today.
    Very pleased with that brand. I ordered vaious lettuces from them, herbs, strawberries, paprika and tomatoes.
    It is quite exciting to grow my own food. A friend of mine wrote to me today and said she went in the shops yesterday: bread is missing, salads and bananas too and people are cuing there. No one is allowed to buy several of the same item and they are not allowed to stay in the shops more than a few minutes.
    Confinement has begun in Belgium starting today.
    Just happy I have seen things coming a while ago and prepped accordingly.

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:57 am

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:14 am

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:32 pm

https://youtu.be/OOJqHPfG7pA
    IMPORTANT INFO: What COVID-19 Symptoms Look Like, Day By Day

To date here is what we know of the symptoms of COVID-19. The new Coronavirus may not show signs of infection for many days. How can you know if you are infected? By the time you have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% fibrosis.

Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning: Take a deep breath and hold it for more than 10 seconds. If you do this successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, there is no fibrosis in the lungs; it basically indicates no infection. In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.

It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days

The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.

With pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.

The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.

If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold.

Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.

Patients from China said they had diarrhea first. https://yourhealthupdates.com/diarrhea-with-coronavirus/
    Read from a lady that works for a Chinese doctor who is keeping in touch her family in China that this hasn't been talked about. That the cases who start with diarrhea end up critical cases.

This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees C. (About 77 degrees F.) It hates the Sun.

If someone sneezes with it, it goes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.

If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface, wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.

On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.

Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.

Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.

You should also gargle as a preventive measure. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.

Can't emphasize enough - drink plenty of water! The world is grappling with an issue of enormous scale and human impact, and our hearts go out to all who have been affected by the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19).

Helpful advice from a pulmonologist: wash your nostrils out with soap and gargle with antiseptic mouthwash.
    Read more: Doctor: How to reduce your vulnerability to coronavirus -- when sleeping

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/opinions/coronavirus-vulnerability-while-sleeping-bruce-davidson/index.html?fbclid=IwAR3eQ-_2aa2J4O-33mDhUOaxVMFMS-3mHt6yiq69jlyf1heSWIrwr7Vgt90

"Patients tend to have symptoms for about a week before either getting better, or getting really sick," said Dr. Joshua Denson, a pulmonary medicine and critical care physician at Tulane Medical Center in New Orleans.

Denson said nearly all of his most critically ill patients have a combination of three specific underlying medical problems: obesity, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes.

Recovery could take months and you could be contagious during recovery

Signs of Diarrhea With Coronavirus
    Usual human coronaviruses typically create moderate to moderate upper-respiratory system illnesses, like the common cold. These health problems usually only last for a short quantity of time. Symptoms might consist of the following:

• Fever.
    • Coughing.
    • Shortness of breath.

Human coronaviruses can occasionally create lower-respiratory tract diseases, such as pneumonia or bronchitis.

Transmission.
    Human coronaviruses and Diarrhea With Coronavirus most frequently spread from an infected individual to others with.
    • the air by coughing as well as sneezing.
    • close personal call, such as touching or trembling hands.
    • touching an object or surface with the infection on it, after that touching your mouth, nose, or eyes prior to washing your hands.
    • hardly ever, fecal contamination.

Prevention.
    The following can help protect against the spread of coronaviruses and protect yourself from becoming infected.
    wash your hands typically with soap and water for at least 20 secs.
    • prevent touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
    • prevent close contact with people that are sick.

There are currently no injections to secure against human coronavirus infection.

Therapy of Diarrhea With Coronavirus.
    There are no particular treatments. To help relieve symptoms.
    • take pain and fever medications.
    • beverage plenty of fluids.
    • stay home as well as remainder.

Last edited by Carol on Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:07 pm

https://youtu.be/-_Os1mTtyHw

This Tea Heals Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto’s, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, and Multiple Sclerosis
    Thursday, December 26, 2019
    by N.Morgan

The history of tea is long and complex, spreading across multiple cultures over the span of thousands of years. Tea likely originated in the Yunnan region during the Shang dynasty as a medicinal drink.  An early credible record of tea drinking dates to the 3rd century AD, in a medical text written by Hua Tuo.

Tea was first introduced to Portuguese priests and merchants in Lebanon during the 16th century. Drinking tea became popular in Britain during the 17th century.

Thyme is widely celebrated for its countless benefits for many conditions from influenza to epileptic seizures. In the Middle Ages, it was mixed with lavender and sprinkled on the floor of churches in order to eliminate the nasty odors. Centuries ago, thyme was applied to bandages in order to heal and ward off infection.

Thyme provides many benefits thanks to the anti-septic, anti-parasitic, anti-viral, anti-rheumatic and anti-fungal qualities.

If regularly taken, thyme can prevent viruses in the body and thus promote effective dealing with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Tinnitus, Vertigo and Multiple Sclerosis.

Thyme abounds in various vitamins and minerals. It is high in iron, potassium and calcium, important minerals that promote regulation of the blood pressure, proper formation of blood cells and proper distribution of antioxidants.

It is loaded with vitamin C, A, B-complex vitamins and folic acid. It abounds in powerful volatile and bioflavonoids oils, including thymol. This is an important essential oil that contains potent antioxidant properties.

Also, thyme is rich in cancer-preventive qualities, such as terpenoids like ursolic acids and rosmarinic. A regular consumption od thyme increases the amount of DNA (omega-3 fatty acid and docosahexaenoic acid) in the heart, brain and kidney membranes.

Thyme’s essential oils have powerful bronchial and expectorant antispasmodic qualities which treat:

Sore throats
    Acute and chronic bronchitis
    Laryngitis
    Coughs
    Throat infections

Asthma
    Inflammations of the mouth
    Prevent gingivitis
    Infections of the throat
    Stomach pain

Drink Thyme Tea Every Morning, to Treat Hashimoto’s, Fibromyalgia, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Multiple Sclerosis

U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning - Page 7 64452150-thyme-tea-in-glass-cup-sprig-of-fresh-thyme-lemon-slices-honey-on-the-old-wooden-background

How to Prepare Thyme Tea

THIS Humic Fulvic Has Cured Cancer and Much More! Stops Diseases DEAD!
    What to use:

A handful of dried or fresh thyme
    A covered container for brewing and straining
    Mug

Method of preparation:

1. Use 1 tablespoon of dried thyme for a cup of water, but if you use fresh thyme use more. Put the thyme in the brewing container.

2. Pour the thyme with water and place it on heat to boil.

3. Cover the container and infuse for 5 minutes.

4. Strain the mixture and serve.

References:

https://davidjamesboston.com/tea-heals-fibromyalgia-hashimotos-rheumatoid-arthritis-lupus-multiple-sclerosis/

ALERT - Try This New Tech and You'll Never Run Out of Clean Drinking Water Again! (VIDEO)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_Os1mTtyHw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_tea

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UbMNE0eZwk&feature=youtu.be
    Dr. Steven Greer Explains The Corona Virus & Current Events

In this important broadcast, Dr. Greer discusses the state of the world and all that is occurring surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak. He will bridge the contact and disclosure worlds through the events unfolding before our eyes.

“… we would have had the tool to avoid this – the science and technology to avoid or cure this pandemic with disclosure…”

Dr. Greer will present real solutions and offer practical things that you can do right now to get our civilization back in order.

He ends the almost 2 hour presentation with a wonderful guided meditation.
    Someone from New Zealand wrote in after listening:

" I just listened Dr Greer live on youtube.
    The live meditation was amazing. I felt everyone connecting in and the energy was palpable."

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:23 pm

Colloidal silver for lung disease in cystic fibrosis
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2443992/

Here with studies that prove Colloidal silver destroyed one of the Human Coronavirus strains in 24 hours after exposure
    "A study at the University of Arizona recently showed ionic silver to be effective against the coronavirus that researchers use as the surrogate for SARS.”

“The study tested various ionic silver and copper levels to determine if they were effective against the human coronavirus strain 229E, a strain commonly used as a surrogate for the SARS virus in laboratory research.

The research demonstrated significant reductions of the virus within 1 hour (90 percent) and reduced virus levels to below the detection limit following 24 hours of exposure (99.99 percent).”

https://thesilveredge.com/colloidal-silver-beats-coronavirus-the-clinical-documentation/?fbclid=IwAR2WSQn7eiXiXkHI1VxQR_2fI2Khhdzii9J7Wxq-ALGYbvTbW99KIUNRuCE

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:00 am

U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning - Page 7 200320-intensive-care-unit-italy-ew-1259p_89b46152025eea767462b1116a1cf8cd.fit-2000w
    'A slow burn': Coronavirus symptoms often linger before worsening
    Some patients may feel better before winding up in the hospital.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/slow-burn-coronavirus-symptoms-often-linger-worsening-n1164756

As physicians across the country diagnose and care for a growing number of people with COVID-19, distinct patterns are emerging, giving clues about how the illness manifests itself in patients.

Very often, people start off with minor physical complaints — slight cough, headache, low-grade fever — that gradually worsen.

"Patients tend to have symptoms for about a week before either getting better, or getting really sick," said Dr. Joshua Denson, a pulmonary medicine and critical care physician at Tulane Medical Center in New Orleans.

Denson, who estimated he's treated 15 to 20 patients with the coronavirus, described that first phase of the illness as "a slow burn."

Other physicians are seeing similar progression.

"It seems like there's a period of time where the body is trying to sort out whether it can beat this or not," Dr. Ken Lyn-Kew, a pulmonologist in the critical care department at National Jewish Health, a hospital in Denver, told NBC News.

"We're learning about this disease as it's happening, minute-by-minute."

And sometimes, patients start to feel better before their health quickly deteriorates.

"That's what we're seeing with these patients who get a lot worse," Lyn-Kew said. "They're doing OK, and then all of a sudden they're really fatigued, a lot more shorter of breath and having chest pains."

In North Carolina, Dr. Christopher Ohl has also seen rapid, unexpected development of severe symptoms.

"They say, 'Hey, you know, I think I'm getting over this,' and then within 20 to 24 hours, they've got fevers, severe fatigue, worsening cough and shortness of breath," said Ohl, an infectious disease expert and professor of medicine at the Wake Forest School of Medicine in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. "Then they get hospitalized."

Susan Kane said she noticed her husband, Chris, developed a nagging cough after arriving home from a business trip to Florida late last month. Chris Kane, 55, had no reason to suspect the cough was anything more than a minor cold. He was a non-smoker and had no underlying health conditions.

"It started off as just a little bit of a dry cough," said Susan Kane, who lives in Snohomish County, Washington. "He didn't have any other symptoms but this crazy cough."

But over the next few days, her husband's cough grew worse.

"It ramped up, and then it was coughing and choking and just gasping for air."

A week later, he was diagnosed with coronavirus and hospitalized at Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, Washington.

Kane eventually recovered after being given an experimental treatment.

Though severe coronavirus cases have been reported among younger and middle-aged adults, doctors say older adults, the elderly and those with chronic health conditions seem to be most at risk for the sudden decline.

Denson said nearly all of his most critically ill patients have a combination of three specific underlying medical problems: obesity, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes.

The ability to compare notes on patients is useful to physicians who have been thrust into figuring out a brand new virus that's sickened more than 13,000 people in the United States in less than two months.

"We don't have a nice COVID-19 textbook to go back to," Lyn-Kew said. "We're learning about this disease as it's happening, minute-by-minute."

As of Friday afternoon, more than 265,000 cases of the coronavirus have been diagnosed globally, according to Johns Hopkins University.

While severe cases and even deaths occur, they're not the norm.

Some critically ill patients who've needed mechanical ventilation in the intensive care unit have been able to come off the oxygen eventually, and get better. And overall, data on coronavirus cases from China and Europe have shown that more than 80 percent of patients have a mild form of the illness and recover.

Still, doctors said, those most at risk for complications should pay attention to any new symptoms that pop up, even after they start to feel better.

"Be aware of what's going on," Ohl said. "If your symptoms start to get worse after you've been feeling better, then you need to contact your doctor. That's probably something that doctors need to treat in an emergency," he said.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:22 am

This is a private email passed from one professional in Wisconsin to another. It doesn't violate copyright laws so I am going to post it in its entirety considering the severity of the virus. I have also changed names to protect the privacy of these professionals.

You all may not know it, but I am involved with a national organization called Take Heart America, and also with the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation. As such, I have become involved in some of the latest research and have been able to meet and get to know some of the leading emergency and cardiac medicine doctors in the world. Tonight I was emailing with one of them, and he sent me what I can only describe as 'a real wake-up call' in response to my suggesting that we get together. I am sharing this with you and my friends and family in the hopes that it gets the unvarnished truth out about what is going on in terms of the corona virus. The email went as follows:

Mark,
    As a good friend, I want to communicate the following information about COVID-19. . Please do not misinterpret my communication. I am not sending this to scare you, just to provide you with the latest, and most reliable information healthcare providers have received to prepare for this pandemic, so you and your wife can make informed decisions for yourself. The major points (as of today – this is rapidly evolving) are as follows:

1. This is serious.

2. Half of all deaths are under age 50.

3. Anecdotally, XXX has 2 patients with COVID-19 on ECMO - one previously healthy 27 year old and one previously healthy 30 year old.

4. With COVID-19 infections, there appears to be a component of direct infection of the heart, decreasing strength of the pumping action of the heart. Older people and people with cardiac and pulmonary conditions are at further, increased risk.

5. There is no known effective treatment.

6. Many patients with COVID-19 and symptoms are presenting to the emergency department only with upper respiratory complaints or a cough – no fever.

7. Following infection with COVID-19, there is an asymptomatic period of 2-9 days where people spread the disease to those they come into contact with. For every known case, there are at least 10 asymptomatic cases spreading the disease.

8. Thus, the number of asymptomatic infected people actively spreading the virus in public settings is exponentially higher right now than the number of known cases.

9. Fr******** ED had its first confirmed case Saturday. Yesterday they had 6 confirmed cases. The rate is rising exponentially.

10. The only known effective way to not get this disease is strict social isolation now (not next week!).

This disease is unprecedented in any human experience in the last 100 years (since the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918). Given the available information today, my personal advice is to consider COVID-19 like a possible fatal disease in your decision-making. Example: what is the benefit of going to the restaurant tonight and having a wonderful dinner with my wife versus do I want to risk possibly getting a potentially fatal disease? That is the analogy for the meaning of “strict, social isolation”. Go in your house, shut the door, and don't come out. Timing is everything. The rate of known cases will exponentially increase by the day. “Now” versus “next week” matters.

Not widely appreciated is that the expected duration of the need for this kind of strict social isolation is in the approximate range of at least 4-6 months. Wisconsin is expected to peak for known cases by mid to late May. It will also probably take just as long for it to taper off (IF social isolation compliance is effective).

Accordingly, the responsible suggested recommendations are to cancel all in-person meetings. Do everything remotely. Stay home. Wash your hands frequently (use hand sanitizer). Sanitize your computer keyboard, cell phone, and surfaces at home frequently. Don't touch your face. Order groceries by delivery, if possible. Leave home only when absolutely necessary and then follow the "at least 6 foot rule" - keep at least 6 feet between you and the other person.

You and I are at further, increased risk. In response to your request to meet in several weeks to discuss XXX, let's do it by phone or computer.

Again, I don't want to scare you. However, we all need to have the correct information (the government has done an absolutely shameful job until the past few days) and respect this pandemic, and then keep it simple, do some basic things, implement strict isolation by the definition above, keep positive, and provide leadership institutionally, locally, and at home and with your loved ones and friends.

Hunker down, and...stay healthy!

May God protect us all from this pestilence.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:48 am

DIY Cloth Face Mask
    By ashevillejm in CraftFashion8,27482Featured
    https://www.instructables.com/member/ashevillejm/

U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning - Page 7 FNMR1JYK7GW9VON.LARGE

Introduction: DIY Cloth Face Mask

Why You Should Make (and wear!) Your Own Cloth Face Mask (and how do it)

With highly contagious coronavirus (COVID19) in the news, and rapidly spreading throughout the world, many people are shopping for surgical masks to protect against this potentially fatal disease.

The sudden increase in demand for “Personal Protective Equipment” (PPE) – the same time supply lines in China have been shut down has led to a critical shortage of small particle filtering face masks (N-95s) and fitted rectangular sneeze guards (“surgical masks”).

News reports, appropriately seeking to reserve limited supplies of these disposable items for medical institutions, have been asking people not to purchase these items. Public officials have been quoted suggesting – inaccurately – that face coverings can’t help prevent the spread of this new virus.

The truth is more complicated:
    COVID19 is spread from person-to-person in droplets of moisture, mucus and saliva from people with infections. Coughing, sneezing, and even normal breathing put these germs into the air.

People standing less than 6 feet away may become covered with these germs while they are still in the air. After the droplets fall, the germs (virus particles) can remain active for up to nine days.

Infection occurs when someone breathes in airborne droplets, or when they touch their mouth, nose or eyes with hands covered in germs that have fallen out of the air onto counters, hand rails, floors or other surfaces.

Wearing a face mask stops people from becoming infected in two ways:

1) By blocking germ-filled airborne droplets filled with virus from being inhaled

2) By stopping the wearer from touching their own mouths and noses.

Studies have shown that medical professional using surgical face masks correctly get 80% fewer infections than those who don’t.

So why are news reports suggesting surgical face masks won’t help you?

First, because the protection only comes when the masks are used properly. They must be put on clean, taken off carefully, and paired with rigorous hand washing, and the discipline not to touch the face.

Second, because gaps around the masks and even between threads in the fabric are too large to block all viruses. The smallest COVID19 virus particles are 0.06 microns, the largest are 0.14 microns.

To be sure, neither disposable non-woven surgical masks nor our stylish homemade versions will block a direct blast of virus particles aimed their way. But they are barrier enough to stop the average size sneeze droplet or the casual touch of a hand.

So why should you make your own face masks?

1- By making your own – and hopefully making some for family and friends – you will be decreasing demand on limited supplies of industrially manufactured, disposables, which desperately needed by hospitals and nursing homes.

2- Our homemade designs are washable (NOT disposable), making them environmentally friendly.

3- These comfortable, curved shaped masks rest closer to the face, with fewer gaps, than rectangular surgical masks.

4- Choosing your own fabrics lets you pick the most comfortable, attractive way to protect yourself.

5- In the event you yourself become sick, having a supply of masks at home will help you protect friends and family while you seek proper medical advice. The cough you stop could be your own!

We make NO CLAIMS that these masks will protect you from anything. Use at your own risk.

Supplies:

Mask is fitted, with 2 layers and an opening for an optional filter, held on by elastic ear loops (elastic can also be threaded to fit around the head)
    seam allowances are ¼” unless noted
    12" x 18" fabric A outer layer
    12" x 18" fabric B lining layer
    (Three masks can be made from 1/2 yard of 45” wide fabric)
    3.5” piece of soft wire
    16” of elastic cord

You can choose any tightly woven fabric you like. We recommend using a 100% cotton or a cotton/poly blend for the layer close to the face, to wick moisture from the skin. Fabrics with some polyester in them may have some properties that repel water, making them better barriers to keep droplets from soaking through outer layers. Don't use stretchy material.
    Wash all fabrics before sewing to pre-shrink, and to assure you are working with the most sanitary materials possible.

Step 1: Pattern, Cut, Center Seam

1. Print out PDF paper pattern pieces A (outer) and B (lining) at actual size on 8.5” x 11” paper. Cut out.
    2. Fold your fabrics right sides together.
    3. Pin patterns to folded fabric and cut two A and two B (left and right, mirror images). Transfer the 2 dots from pattern onto the two A pieces on wrong side of fabric. Pencil a line between them lightly on each piece.
    4. Sew center curves of A, right sides together. Sew center curves of B, right sides together. Clip the curved seam at ½” intervals

Step 2: Sides, Sleeves for Elastic

5. Fold straight sides of lining (fabric B) toward wrong side, and sew fold down with straight stitch.
    6. On outer layer sides, fold top and bottom corners down, using the dotted lines on pattenr and the transfered dots as guides. Pin. Fold raw edge over and pin. Ironing helps keep this in place. Stitch along all the 3 folds on each side, 1/8” from fold.
    7. Make the sleeves for the elastic - With wrong side up, fold angled, stitched ends of outer layer up to the pencil line. Stitch down.

Step 3: Connect Layers, Elastic

8. Lay inner layer over outer layer, right sides facing in. Sew the top edge and the bottom edge. Clip curved seam.
    9. Turn right side out. Topstitch the top and bottom seams, 1/8” from edge. This will assure both layers stay in place during laundering.
    10. Feed elastic through the sleeves (approx. 8” per side). A wire needle or small safety pin can help feed it through.

Step 4: Nose Wire, Elastic, Filter, Conclusion, About Us

11. Make a channel to hold the nose wire by top stitching a line 1/4” from the topstich line, echoing the curve (2” on each side). Slide a 3.5” piece of wire into the slot created (loop the ends first with pliers if they are sharp).
    12. Tie ends of elastic into loops and fit mask to your head by tucking loops behind ears. Adjust knots as needed. It should fit snugly but not pull on your ears. If desired, you can make the elastic go around the back of the head. Don't cut the elastic in half. Feed each end of the 16" length through the sleeves in a U shape. Tie together and fit mask. Adjust knot as needed for snug fit.
    13. Bend the wire to fit snugly over the bridge of your nose.
    14. Optional: If you have a suitable non-woven filter material such as an unworn disposable surgical mask, you can increase the filtering capacity by slipping this material into the pocket between the outer layer and the lining. Cut whatever filter material to fit as needed.

Conclusion:
    We recommend making 3 masks per person: one to wear, one in the wash, one for a spare.

Remember, always remove the mask carefully. Do not reach under the mask with dirty hands. (Touch dirty to dirty, clean to clean.) Wash your hands and face immediately after removing mask.

For best results in cleaning masks - immediately upon removing, spray the front and back with hydrogen peroxide to kill germs, then wash in soap and hot water.

About us:
    We are artist Jen Murphy, and medical professional Sabra Stein. We are worried about protecting our family and friends from contagious disease. We adapted this design from several sources online, including Craftpassion.com. New information about the disease is released daily. This is what we think is the best way to do it, as of March 4, 2020. We make NO CLAIMS that these masks will protect you from anything. Use at your own risk.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:29 pm

One Doctor In NY treated 500 patients with Chloroquine with 100% success.
    Nobody died, nobody had to be intubated most have been sent home

This is a live link so you will have to back up the video To the Interview with Mike Pence and Hannity.

https://youtu.be/3N8-PgkZJsA

Also at 13 Minutes into this video

https://youtu.be/EKzPtya1H-w

Patients with COVID-19 infection are treated with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin.

Plaquenil 200mg x3/day (10 days), and azithromycine 250mg for five days, twice the first day, then once for the next four days.

In order to avoid cardiac problems, an ECG is done before starting treatment, and in order to assess lung damage, a low-dose CT scan is performed.

The evaluation of the virological effect consists of a PCR before inclusion, with the quantification of the viral load on a nasopharyngeal sample, and a PCR on D5 to verify that the virus is undetectable or at levels too low to present a contagious risk.

The Protocol Followed in the French COVID-19 Drug Combo Study
    https://www.doctoroz.com/article/protocol-followed-french-covid-19-drug-combo-study

Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:42 am

One Doctor In NY treated 500 patients with Chloroquine with 100% success.
    Nobody died, nobody had to be intubated most have been sent home

That will be banned
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:48 am

You're such a cynic Swanny. albino

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:17 am

TMPRSS2 Found to Block SARS-CoV-2 Infection Say German Researchers
    Sunday, March 22, 2020

Viruses must enter cells of the human body to cause disease. For this, they attach to suitable cells and inject their genetic information into these cells.

Infection biologists from the German Primate Center – Leibniz Institute for Primate Research in Göttingen, together with colleagues at Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, have investigated how the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 penetrates cells. They have identified a cellular enzyme that is essential for viral entry into lung cells: the protease TMPRSS2. A clinically proven drug known to be active against TMPRSS2 was found to block SARS-CoV-2 infection and might constitute a novel treatment option (Cell).

Schematic representation of a coronavirus with surface proteins on the outer envelope.
    Schematic representation of a coronavirus with surface proteins on the outer envelope. Illustration: Markus Hoffmann

U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning - Page 7 Csm_Corona_MH_web2_ee946313fb
    Illustration: Markus Hoffmann

Several coronaviruses circulate worldwide and constantly infect humans, which normally caused only mild respiratory disease. Currently, however, we are witnessing a worldwide spread of a new coronavirus with more than 90,000 confirmed cases and over 3,000 deaths.

The new virus has been named SARS coronavirus-2 and has been transmitted from animals to humans. It causes a respiratory disease called COVID-19 that may take a severe course. The SARS coronavirus-2 has been spreading since December 2019 and is closely related to the SARS coronavirus that caused the SARS pandemic in 2002/2003. No vaccines or drugs are currently available to combat these viruses.

The attachment protein “spike” of the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 uses the same cellular attachment factor (ACE2) as SARS-CoV and uses the cellular protease TMPRSS2 for its activation. Existing, clinically approved drugs directed against TMPRSS2 inhibit SARS-CoV-2 infection of lung cells.

U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning - Page 7 Csm_Schema_02_150dpi_HK_3bd48088dc

Stopping virus spread
    A team of scientists led by infection biologists from the German Primate Centre and including researchers from Charité, the University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover Foundation, the BG-Unfallklinik Murnau, the LMU Munich, the Robert Koch Institute and the German Center for Infection Research, wanted to find out how the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 enters host cells and how this process can be blocked.

The researchers identified a cellular protein that is important for the entry of SARS-CoV-2 into lung cells. “Our results show that SARS-CoV-2 requires the protease TMPRSS2, which is present in the human body, to enter cells,” says Stefan Pöhlmann, head of the Infection Biology Unit at the German Primate Center. “This protease is a potential target for therapeutic intervention.”

Origin and transmission of pathogenic coronaviruses.

U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning - Page 7 Csm_Schema_01_810513fa33

Promising drug
    Since it is known that the drug camostat mesilate inhibits the protease TMPRSS2, the researchers have investigated whether it can also prevent infection with SARS-CoV-2. “We have tested SARS-CoV-2 isolated from a patient and found that camostat mesilate blocks entry of the virus into lung cells,” says Markus Hoffmann, the lead author of the study. Camostat mesilate is a drug approved in Japan for use in pancreatic inflammation. “Our results suggest that camostat mesilate might also protect against COVID-19,” says Markus Hoffmann. “This should be investigated in clinical trials.”

Interview with Stefan Pöhlmann

Contacts and sources:
    Deutsches Primatenzentrum (DPZ)/German Primate Center
    Publication: Hoffmann, M et al. (2020). SARS-CoV-2 cell entry depends on ACE2 and TMPRSS2 and is blocked by a clinically-proven protease inhibitor. Cell, DOI: 10.1016/j.cell.2020.02.052

Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:31 pm

Yep  Very Happy

Status of COVID-19

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK.

The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:50 am

Red, itchy eyes and tears could be an early symptom of a coronavirus infection, according to the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

As a result, the academy is warning ophthalmologists to be wary of patients with conjunctivitis (pink eye), combined with “fever and respiratory symptoms, including cough and shortness of breath.”

All are symptoms of the potentially fatal COVID-19 virus (along with diarrhea), which can be transmitted by close contact with an infected person or by touching objects they touched, experts say.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241463776.html#storylink=cpy

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:22 pm

Here’s the dosage chart the Dr in NY used to cure 350 patients
    A NY Doctor shared with Hannity his Hydroxy Chloroquine/Azithromycin results.

200mg 2x daily Hydroxy Chloroquine
    500mg 1x daily Azithromycin
    220mg 1x daily Zinc sulfate

350 patients
    • Breathing restored 3-4 hours
    • Zero deaths
    • Zero hospitalizations
    • Zero intubations

Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:49 am

Too late Carol they are putting a stop to that Nope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w6ugq2uaMk

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:28 pm