tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+30
Jenetta
oliverclay
Floyd
magamud
seekeroftruth
THEeXchanger
Owlsden
Beren
malletzky
Carol
Brook
Rasa
earthian
immortalisdolor
HigherLove
Sanicle
iysun
devakas
Anchor
eMonkey
TRANCOSO
spiritwarrior
greybeard
Nebula
Mercuriel
Balance
pedro m
truth and integrity
ClearWater
mudra
34 posters

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 13 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Post  mudra Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:02 pm

"Even though it can be hard to bring compassion to a difficult person, doing so reinforces the important lesson that we are all one in our suffering," Hanson states. "When you see how connected everything is, and the many factors 'upstream' that push on every person, compassion naturally arises. The Buddhist image of this is the jewel of compassion resting in the lotus of wisdom—the union of caring and insight."

--In Buddha's Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom, Richard Hanson, Ph.D.
    http://www.amazon.com/Buddhas-Brain-Practical-Neuroscience-Happiness/dp/product-description/1572246952

Love from me
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 13 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Post  mudra Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:40 pm

The Sanity of Compassion - by Director Jan Nickman

I loved last year’s Ben Stiller film “Tropical Thunder”. It does a great job of poking fun at contemporary war movies that try and come off as some kind of profound statement. These movies use high production values, spoken lines that seem to have some deep meaning by the seriousness with which they are delivered, slow motion scenes of violence, emotional soundtrack music etc. to pretend that there is something profound in them. Let’s get real here. War is madness, period. There is nothing profound or meaningful to glean from it other than the simple fact that it is madness, insanity, nothing more.

Here is another fact. Every man, woman, and child living on earth today will be gone in about hundred years from now. Look around wherever you are right now. Anyone you see will be gone. We happen to all be alive together as human beings for this brief moment in time on a tiny, magnificent, blue spinning orb of life in the vastness of deep, dark, cold space. This is our time together. This is our ONLY time together; you, me and all life on Earth. Should we not profoundly cherish every single moment together?

Perhaps if we can all step back from all the irresponsible, violent, toxic creations the media spews out at us for pure profit and power motives, we might see the world for what it really is. Earth, life and the short time we all have together are absolutely sacred. The root of the word compassion means passion for all or the whole. Should not the realization of this sacredness automatically create the sanity of compassion?

http://sacredearthpictures.blogspot.com/

- Jan Nickman
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:36 am

"The future belongs to those who give the next generation reason for hope." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:45 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:14 am

The oneness of the ants makes it the most powerful & successful amongst animals.

http://inspirationtext.blogspot.com/2010/09/inspirational-messages-350-354.html

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:18 am

Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others. - Confucius

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:14 pm

Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster. Your life will never be the same again.
    - Og Mandino

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:14 am

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:20 pm

Ninety percent of the friction of daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice.

http://www.inspirational-quotations.com/wisdom-quotes.html

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:38 pm

Being the Answer
    Living from the Answer

Greg Braden

From the perspective of us participating in an ever-changing universe, the solution to any condition is a change in attitude and belief. And this is the great secret of propelling our heart's desires from the possibility of imagination, to the reality of our everyday lives. The key is our ability to feel as if our dreams have already come to life, our prayers already answered, and live from that feeling.

There is a subtle, and yet powerful difference between working toward a result, and feeling from that result. When we work toward something, we embark upon an open-ended and never-ending journey. While we may identify milestones, and set goals to get us closer to our accomplishment, in our mind we are always "on our way" to the goal, rather than in the experience of accomplishing our goal. This is precisely why Neville's invitation to "enter the image" of our heart's desire and "think from it" is so powerful in our lives.

In the ancient studies of martial arts, we see a beautiful metaphor in the physical world for precisely the way this principle works in consciousness. When martial artists choose to break a concrete block as a demonstration of focus, for example, the very last thing in their minds is the place where their hand will touch that block. The key is to place our focus upon the completed act: the healing already accomplished, or the brick already broken. As a student of the martial arts, I was taught to do this by focusing on a point in space that is beyond the bottom of the block. The only way that my hand could be at that point was if it had already passed through the brick. In this way, I was thinking from the completion, rather than how hard it would be to get to the completion. I was feeling the joy of what it feels like to accomplish the act, rather than all of the things that must happen before I could be successful.

This simple example offers a powerful analogy for precisely the way that consciousness seems to work. And this is the great secret that has been protected and preserved for us in wisdom of our past. From the monasteries of Egypt and Tibet to the forgotten texts of our most cherished traditions we are reminded that we are part of, rather than separate from, the world around us. As part of everything we see, we have the power to participate - not control or manipulate - but to consciously chart the course of our lives and our world. Please don't be deceived by the simplicity of contemporary philosopher Neville Goddard's words when he suggests that all we need to do is to "assume the feeling of our wish fulfilled." In a participatory universe of our own making, why would we expect that peace, healing, and a long and healthy life should be any more difficult?

Love Always
    mudra

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:42 pm

"AS IT IS": short film about Nonduality / Advaita by Tom Bolton - with words by Jeff Foster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUmENB19MhA&feature=related

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:04 am

We spend our lives seeking wealth, success, love, fulfilment, and even ‘spiritual enlightenment’ in the future. Yet right at the heart of life there is an intimacy, a simplicity, a wholeness that is totally beyond words – and which cannot be reached through any kind of effort. In our attempts to change, to improve ourselves, or become ‘enlightened’, we end up ignoring this wordless intimacy which is our birthright and our true home.

Jeff Foster

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:51 am

"Realize that now, in this moment of time, you are creating.
    You are creating your next moment. That is what's real."

- Sara Paddison

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:53 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:56 pm

I am finding it harder and harder to put labels on people and oppose " good " versus " bad " .
    To me there is only energy bringing things into existence and then our way of dealing with it with
    fluency or resistance.
    I seem to get used to life's roller coaster ride and even recognizing the beauty of it .
    It's interesting that for every give there is a take much on the same order
    as waves hitting one side of a basin and then being pulled back to the other
    side .
    Rather than being a contradiction it is actually the very essence
    of the experience of Life itself ..Two forces dancing with one another in perfect
    balance creating momentum .
    That 's why we should always be prepared and willing to be in a state of letting go
    from "good " as from " bad " for what goes away comes back and forth always .
    And as you do this you " real-eyes " that what seems opposite directions are really One wave of
    vibrant energy and that at the core of all this you/we/us are the sea of Eternal Awareness.
    This is Awesome .

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:10 pm

WELCOME HOME

No teachers, no students. No awakened beings, no unawakened beings. No path nor absence of a path. No gurus, no disciples. Simply life making love to itself, dancing as all of this, appearing as something we call 'world', as all that you see and all that you cannot see, arising and falling back into the barest emptiness, timelessly and forever...

And the emptiness is not a cold, dark, empty emptiness - but a rich, full, alive emptiness, pregnant with infinite possibility, saturated with this... incomprehensible intimacy that should, by all accounts, be impossible - and yet, undeniably, is.

Nothing is not nothing , not the absence of all things, but also the presence of them, so that nothing is really everything.... and so it all ends not in nihilism, but in wonder, in fascination, in the kind of gratitude that breaks your heart.

Yes, all that is left is a radical simplicity that cannot be taught, cannot be formulated, reified, systematized, and ultimately cannot even be named - but still, it is all there is, and all there has ever been, and all there needs to be, because only a separate mind would ever want more.

It's right here and right now. It's there in and as the cup of coffee on the table in front of you, in each and every breath, in the wrinkles on your father's face, in the feeling of the wind on your cheeks as you walk to the supermarket, in the pain in the chest as the body dies - and you've been seeking it your entire life without knowing it.

It's beyond 'awareness' and 'contents of awareness' - it's not pure consciousness (a blank space devoid of the personal) because blankness needs content to be known and experienced as blankness, just as emptiness needs form to be known and experienced as emptiness and vice versa - it's not the witness behind the world because it's also the world in its entirety which nothing can separate itself from in the first place and call itself a 'witness' - it's not Absolute as opposed to relative or vice versa because that very division never existed in the first place - it's not 'nobody here' or 'there is no me', although those very personal viewpoints are allowed to arise and fall away naturally - it's not 'advaita' as opposed to 'neo-advaita' or 'neo-advaita' as opposed to 'advaita' but it allows these man-made divisions to play themselves out - it's not opposed to anything because it is everything including all opposition, even opposition to opposition - it's not mine or yours but it does not deny the possibility of mine and yours and relationship between them - it's not pure absence as opposed to presence or vice versa, but those concepts are allowed to arise too - it's not a teaching, but perhaps, and only perhaps, it can formulate itself as a self-destructing teaching, a kind of teaching which annihilates itself in the end, a temporary language which has no authority but that which you give it, and in the end (and there is no end), has no authority at all. Because in the end (which is the beginning), life is the only authority, and all the teachings of the world burn up in the fire of unbounded freedom.

When you try to put this into words, you always fail.

Thank goodness it doesn't need to be put into words.

And so, once again, beyond words or lack of them, welcome Home to what you really are.

Jeff Foster
    http://www.lifewithoutacentre.com/

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:05 am

If we learn to open our hearts, anyone, including the people who drive us crazy, can be our teacher.

- Ane Pema Chodron

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:39 pm

I see all life like flowing water, having no boundaries or limits and I am a infinite circulation of only one drop of that water. I am not into natural science, but nature, I am silent and observe.

Water that falls from the sky, nourishes Earth Mother and makes the growth of vegetation possible. We all need water as we are made of more than 90% water, my grandpa spoke to me that people were walking cucumbers ia a way. We drift on the ground as drops of water, find somewhere to form a spring and sooner or later, (or never) we may appear on the Earth Mothers sacred ground.

Some of people will stay as springs, some people will be creeks dried up, with a little water from time to time running though them. These bodies will not contain much water, the water will just run through them on its way to other places to join a larger body of water. Some people become rivers while others are streams. Some people form ponds and lakes, small and large but all equal in their purpose. Some will show white water rapids, waterfalls and some will have sandy beaches to rest a while before the drift carries them on.

Sometimes people are pulled under the water and they will struggle for air, then they are spit out somewhere else to rest for a while. Maybe you will find that nice safe beach to rest and recoup from your struggles. Many people just go with the flow, no use to fight the water currants. Don't let this be the stream, you end up in.

Some people are big rivers, running through the deep veins of Earth Mother, other peoples streams run into the ocean waters, just another part of the vast expanse of water. In the safety of this ocean of water there is no judgement, just observation. Today a lot of this water is polluted (sick) and carries sickness on to the solid parts of Earth Mother, effecting all living things. This is also part of a cycle, all things flowing to the oceans to rise again in the clouds falling as rain on Earth Mother. The cycle continues as nature cleans and purifies in a natural way sending it all back to the ocean or land. People are all a part of this cycle and they have the choice to be nourishing or destructive.

All people can make choices to connect with the Creator and follow this even greater flow. I have found that this greater flow takes care of all the emanations of the Creator. The emanations exist, unseen, unheard, and untouched not materialized or existing in the spiritual realms. This is yet to be and yet to come where past and
    future are one.

Beyond time and space all is nothing and nothing is all. In silence and beauty we have the choice to help to manifest this here on Earth Mother, this is healing. As the people purify and seek vision they lift themself up to fly with the Eagles. Through this growth and expansion of their spiritual abilities, they can reach far beyond their physical limits.

Well, I am just going through some small rapids and I know that the deep water is coming .... I will make it with the help of Creator and Earth Mother, I don't have to win, just taking part of this time in creation for my ancestors is what counts to me, walk with peace.

Creator as Chief,
    Redfoot

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:58 am

i know of a place, it is the truest place i know, it is home
    it is within me and yet, beyond
    the entrance door to home is through my heart, i open it and walk through
    it is a place like no other i have known, and yet, have always known it to be, i had just forgotten how to enter, now i remember

i cannot tell you how it feels to be home, have only tears when i recall, many tears trying to describe it
    home has no fear, hatred or greed
    there is no lack, there is no thing to control

i believed it to be the state of well being, and yet, it is beyond all that we know of wellness
    i believed it to be the home of great healing, and yet, when i am there, there is no thing within me to heal
    i believed it to be freedom, and yet, i do not know of limitations there and thus, freedom just is
    i believed home to be a place of bliss, of joy, of great happiness, and yet, home is absent of these emotions singularily, and yet, inclusive of all collectively

when home, i just am and it is in the simplicity of my being that i experience divine fulfillment, there is not a thing to need or desire or to think i want or hope for
    there is no thing to hope for when home just is and all is true
    home is the fulfillment of unconditional love, this i do not experience as a feeling, rather, it just is

home is not perfection, home is truer than that
    i do not feel my self when home though i know i am a divine being of love and light
    i do not know of separation when home, i only know of oneness with all that is

when home i do not feel empathy or compassion or goodness or good deeds for they are separation, i do not experience these the way i do in illusion
    i do not feel pain, nor is there suffering, i only know they do not exist

i believed home to be the greatest healer and yet, when home, i do not require healing, my being just is
    and there is no thing to be healed

home is to just be, neutral, in balance ... pure
    home is unconditional love known

there is such a place, i cannot describe really what it is to enter home, to know of its peace and its calm

i do not know why i have found the entrance, perhaps it is because i trust all that is, that i have trusted it exists, always am i welcomed

home is absent of words, of feelings, of emotion of illusion
    home just is and it is the purest fulfillment i know

i have asked so many times, please, let me take others by their hand and bring them home ...

i am still awaiting an answer ...

i wish i could bring all who i know home, and others
    it is in the wishing that i cannot do so, wishing is separation and does not align with home ...

i am still awaiting ...

i can only trust others will find their own way home, i hold that space for them, i believe it is all i can do in this moment, is to hold the space ...

and to love ...

i ask the universe, please allow everyone in this world to find their way home as i have ...

allow everyone to find the entrance to their hearts ...

and walk in ...

and go beyond ...

i know of a place, the truest place i know ...

futureyes

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:12 am

Flowers

TY...

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:43 pm

"When you plant seeds in the garden, you don't dig them up every day to see if they have sprouted yet. You simply water them and clear away the weeds; you know that the seeds will grow in time. Similarly, just do your daily practice and cultivate a kind heart. Abandon impatience and instead be content creating the causes for goodness; the results will come when they're ready."

- Tibetan Buddhist nun and author Bhikshuni Thubten Chodron

Love Always
    mudra

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:29 am

"Hope for peace is within each individual's heart, but only through learning to listen to your heart can the potential of this hope be realized."

- Doc Childre,
    Cut-Thru

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:29 pm

"When confronted with a situation that appears fragmented or impossible, step back, close your eyes, and envision perfection where you saw brokenness. Go to the inner place where there is no problem, and abide in the consciousness of well-being."

- Alan Cohen

Love Always
    mudra

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:56 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 13 Butterfly

Bread for the journey
    Reflections on the spiritual way

The Judeo-Christian tradition lifts up nature as the creation of a loving and just God who cares about what happens to God’s Creation. In the Christian tradition we humans and all creatures are an integral part of this dynamic, dancing creation in which we live. We share with other creatures this inter-subjective creative adventure we call life. Listening and being listened to, watching and being watched, fearing and being feared, loving and being loved, destroying and being destroyed.

Martin Buber, the great Jewish theologian, noticed this I-Thou dance of life, and noticed that we fall out of the dance when we treat others–people, nature and other creatures–as “its.” An I-Thou interaction is very different from an I-It interaction where the other is treated as an object. The I-It mentality is an exquisitely subtle thing. An extreme case: I treat nature as an “it” when I fill in the wetlands, burying all it’s vibrant life because my awareness is only focused on my image of the wetlands and my own goal for it. When I look at trees and see only timber (what trees are for me), then I have “it-ized” them, reducing them, and myself, to a mere caricature, an idol. When I relate to my image of others, and not to them, I have danced into the I-It world.

On the other hand, when I treat nature and others as “thous,” I am automatically in a relationship that involves an ethical dimension. Can I treat these others like I want to be treated? This ethical dimension was lost when we American humans wiped out the passenger pigeons and the buffalo. And it is lost when we burn up fossil fuels so quickly that we change the earth’s weather; when we net so many fish and plow up so much of the ocean floor with our fishing vessels that we create huge dead zones all around the planet; and when we grow food with so many pesticides and fertilizers that we ruin our soil and our waterways. When we treat others as “thous,” we recognize that they are aware of us, as much as we are aware of them. Just as we are adjusting to the presence of the other, the other is adjusting to us. And now there is the possibility of learning from one another. The frogs, trees, clouds and birds are, in a way, giving themselves to me, and I can learn from them. Their mere presence is an act of generosity.

But what does an I-Thou way of farming and fishing look like? Many pre-modern, indigenous peoples knew how to do this, over many tens of thousands of years. And now we must re-learn those skills.

read more: http://www.emptybell.org/blog/?p=54

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:16 pm

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:03 pm