tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+9
Sanicle
JesterTerrestrial
mudra
burgundia
enemyofNWO
Brook
Jenetta
solent
newel
13 posters

KONY 2012

newel
    newel

KONY 2012 Empty KONY 2012

Post  newel Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:49 pm

newel
    newel

KONY 2012 Empty Re: KONY 2012

Post  newel Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:13 pm

The word Kony has been banned on the gulpers website. All threads about it are systematically deleted. Weird. What is it with this movie that they would not allow discussion about it?
    newel
    newel

Post  newel Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:31 pm

I have to say that the Kony 2012 campaign makes a heavy use of marketing and propaganda techniques. I'm always wary of anything seemingly good moving humanity through these techniques. It's what got us in this mess to begin with.
    solent
    solent

Post  solent Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:36 pm

I think your right to be wary Metaw3, are these the ills thoughts? "lets use the kids to get public backing & extra funding for our project in Africa"

There seems to be a lot of heavy hitters (ills?) involved in Kony 2012, since when have they (ills) been interested in anything for the good of the people!!

To me it smells like "agenda".

Last edited by solent on Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    newel
    newel

Post  newel Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:51 pm

Alex Jones in the video below: "I know packaged propaganda when I see it."

KONY 2012 Exposed: Dr. Webster Tarpley Reports 1/3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Z0Z33ODD4

newel
    newel

Post  newel Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:30 pm

The Kony 2012 Phenomenon (pressfortruth.tv)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDwIxvVBoAI

Jenetta
    Jenetta

KONY 2012 Empty Re: Kony 2012

Post  Jenetta Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:08 pm

I smelled a "rat" when Jason Russell asked his kid "What do you think about that?" Showing the kid pics of Kony and Jacob explaining to his son how Kony takes a gun and murders children...the child replies "sad" what is sad is that the Dad is using his kid in a propaganda campaign and this kid is only 4 or 5 years old!

KONY 2012 187111
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

KONY 2012 Empty Re: Kony 2012

Post  Jenetta Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:26 pm

The Kony 2012 Addendum video is connected to Chris Duane of this website:

http://thegreatesttruthnevertold.com/

and to his Academy

http://sonsoflibertyacademy.com/

KONY 2012 187111
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:32 pm

Just some food for thought.....

October 14, 2011

President authorizes 100 military personnel to assist central Africa in fight against Lord's Resistance Army.

In furtherance of the Congress's stated policy, I have authorized
    a small number of combat-equipped U.S. forces to deploy to
    central Africa to provide assistance to regional forces that are
    working toward the removal of Joseph Kony from the battlefield.
    I believe that deploying these U.S. Armed Forces furthers U.S.
    national security interests and foreign policy and will be a
    significant contribution toward counter-LRA efforts in central
    Africa.
    On October 12, the initial team of U.S. military personnel with
    appropriate combat equipment deployed to Uganda. During the next
    month, additional forces will deploy, including a second combat-
    equipped team and associated headquarters, communications, and
    logistics personnel. The total number of U.S. military personnel
    deploying for this mission is approximately 100.

Read more: http://thepage.time.com/2011/10/14/combat-troops/#ixzz1ofCG9vku

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-uganda-kony-video-20120309,0,2324909.story

I think this woman as a Ugandan Journalist sums it up pretty well.....at the end of the day...awareness is a good thing eh?

Watch Rosebell Kagumire's full video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLVY5jBnD-E

Listen to the BBC's full podcast: http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/worldservice/whys/whys_20120308-1130a.mp3

So to be clear....just over four months ago Obama sent troops there and no one noticed....but this video brought some awareness apparently the world was unaware of ... again in the end of the day it is truly about awareness.
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:10 am

Quoting Brook : " again in the end of the day it is truly about awareness. "

It would be interesting if this " awareness " will extend to recognizing other war criminals not listed by the International ( rigged ) Tribunal that has Kony as Number one criminal . What happened to : Netaniahu , Obama , Bush senior , Bush Junior , Blair , Panetta and all the EU leaders that advocate war against Iran , Libya and the rest . Until I see a movement by this new found " awareness " that will highlight the crimes against humanity by the above mentioned leaders , this Kony movement will be just a PSY operations ............

Last edited by enemyofNWO on Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:36 am

enemyofNWO wrote:Quoting Brook : " again in the end of the day it is truly about awareness. "

It would be interesting if this " awareness " will extend to recognizing other war criminals not listed by by the International ( rigged ) Tribunal that has Kony as Number one criminal . What happened to : Netaniahu , Obama , Bush senio , Bush Junior , Blair , Panetta and all the EU leaders that advocate war against Iran , Libya and the rest . Until I see a movement by this new found " awareness " that will highlight the crimes against humanity by the above mentioned leaders , this Kony movement will be just a PSY operations ............

Ghaddafi was on that list too.
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:51 am

burgundia wrote:
    enemyofNWO wrote:Quoting Brook : " again in the end of the day it is truly about awareness. "

It would be interesting if this " awareness " will extend to recognizing other war criminals not listed by by the International ( rigged ) Tribunal that has Kony as Number one criminal . What happened to : Netaniahu , Obama , Bush senio , Bush Junior , Blair , Panetta and all the EU leaders that advocate war against Iran , Libya and the rest . Until I see a movement by this new found " awareness " that will highlight the crimes against humanity by the above mentioned leaders , this Kony movement will be just a PSY operations ............

Ghaddafi was on that list too.

Exactly ! Ghaddafi was in the list but not the western war criminals .......... that's why that tribunal is just a a FRAUD ! If after this Kony operation nothing happens with other known war criminals , then we know , absolutely that this Kony operation is to justify US troops use in Africa under the guise of " humanitarian intervention " but in reality to contrast the success that China is having in Africa . ( natural resources war )
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:41 am

"Tarpley on Infowars Nightly News 2012-03-08: Africa, Russia, Syria, Destabilizations "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JDTyrn1vuco

I think this is very relevant to this thread
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:32 am

The Kony 2012 delusion

SNIP

" Take for example the fact that one of the 12 'policy makers' (US politicians) that they are targeting to help them ensure Joseph Kony is arrested is George 'Dubya' Bush. The puppet president who presided over the murder of 1.5 million Iraqi civilians. And we're all meant to believe that people like him are going to care about the plight of Ugandan children? Kony is Bush's ideological brother for god's sake.

Other than their complete ignorance of the fact that the US political elite is populated by the world's worst war criminals, the makers of this video are also massively ignorant of the truth about WHY Uganda, and many other African nations, are subjected to the brutal excesses of war lords and have been for so many decades. "

The rest at
    http://www.sott.net/articles/show/242653-The-Kony-2012-Delusion
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:45 am

Kony 2012 Won't Change the Lives of Ugandans
    by Adam Branch
    March 9, 2012

Kony 2012 has attracted an unusual amount of attention, and with that attention has come much criticism—of Invisible Children, of the merits of the campaign, and of humanitarianism in Africa more generally. We asked Branch, a Senior Research Fellow at the Makerere Institute of Social Research in Kampala who works with Human Rights Focus, a grassroots human rights organization based in Gulu, northern Uganda, for his thoughts. (Reposted from Critical Investigations into Humanitarianism in Africa.)

From Kampala, the Kony 2012 hysteria is easy to miss. I’m not on Facebook or Twitter, and I don’t watch YouTube—but this week I have received dozens of emails from friends, colleagues, and students in the United States about the video by Invisible Children and the massive online response to it.

I have not watched the video. As someone who has worked in and done research on the war in northern Uganda for over a decade, much of it with a local human rights organization based in Gulu, the Invisible Children organization and their videos have infuriated me to no end. I remember one sleepless night after I watched their Rough Cut film for the first time with a group of students, after which I tried to explain to the audience what was wrong with the film while onstage with one of the filmmakers.

My frustration with the group has largely reflected the concerns expressed so eloquently by those individuals who have been willing to bring the fury of Invisible Children’s true believers down upon themselves in order to point out what is wrong with this group’s approach: the warmongering, the self-indulgence, the commercialization, the reductive and one-sided story it tells, its portrayal of Africans as helpless children in need of rescue by white Americans, and the fact that civilians in Uganda and Central Africa may have to pay a steep price in their own lives so that a lot of young Americans can feel good about themselves, and a few can make good money. This, of course, is sickening, and I think that Kony 2012 is a case of Invisible Children having finally gone too far. They are now facing a backlash from people of conscience who refuse to abandon their capacity to think for themselves.

But, as I said, I wouldn’t have known about Kony 2012 if it hadn’t been for the emails I’ve been receiving from the United States. I have heard nothing about Kony 2012 here in Kampala because, in a sense, it just does not matter. So, as a response to the online debate that has been going on for the last couple days, I want to explain why, from here, Kony 2012 can be ignored.

First, because Invisible Children is a symptom, not a cause. It is an excuse that the U.S. government has gladly adopted in order to help justify the expansion of its military presence in Central Africa. Invisible Children are “useful idiots,” being used by those in the U.S. government who seek to militarize Africa, to send more and more weapons and military aid, and to build the power of military rulers who are U.S. allies. The hunt for Joseph Kony is the perfect excuse for this strategy—how often does the U.S. government find millions of young Americans pleading for it to intervene militarily in a place rich in oil and other resources? The U.S. government would be pursuing this militarization with or without Invisible Children—Kony 2012 just makes it a bit easier. Therefore, it is the militarization we need to worry about, not Invisible Children.

read on: http://www.dissentmagazine.org/atw.php?id=707

Love Always
    mudra
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:52 am

Yes it would....but clearly this shows a total LACK of awareness. The atrocities that are accounted for in this video are from a siege in 2003 that extended to 2006. NOBODY it seems had the awareness on a worldwide scale to see this:

link: PHOTOS: The cruelty of Kony's army

Yet one video that goes viral now creates an upsurge of interest. As I quote in the link I provided by the LA Times:

Added Adam Rogers, a researcher at the Norman Lear Center at USC: "We could be breeding a culture that thinks hitting the "share" button is enough to solve complex social problems. But hitting the "share" button is still more than many people were doing beforehand."
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:45 am

Brook wrote:

Yes it would....but clearly this shows a total LACK of awareness. The atrocities that are accounted for in this video are from a siege in 2003 that extended to 2006. NOBODY it seems had the awareness on a worldwide scale to see this:

Yet one video that goes viral now creates an upsurge of interest. As I quote in the link I provided by the LA Times:

Added Adam Rogers, a researcher at the Norman Lear Center at USC: "We could be breeding a culture that thinks hitting the "share" button is enough to solve complex social problems. But hitting the "share" button is still more than many people were doing beforehand."

Hitting the share button will not always be for the benefit of mankind . After the so called Arab revolutions we have here another example of creative use of the social networks and Youtube .
    Who controls them will have the ability to bring certain propaganda issues to the attention of the population at large . It is interesting that the social networks make a big song and dance about Kony . The unfortunate thing is that major western criminals that have liquidated millions ( the Bushes , Cheney < Rumsfeld ) have been forgotten . Here there is a problem because the " invisible children and the youth that participate in this operation have exactly 2 BYTES of Memory and therefore are easily manipulated . I discount the " awareness bit " because most of the kids do not realize that their movement is playing in the hand of the US hegemonic design in Africa . Intervention in Africa will kill more people than Kony ever did !

Last edited by enemyofNWO on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    newel
    newel

Post  newel Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:16 am

Is there evidence that Kony is still alive? Maybe he's been dead for years.
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:26 am

metaw3 wrote:Is there evidence that Kony is still alive? Maybe he's been dead for years.

According to Webster Tarpley he is now in Sudan .......
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:04 am

enemyofNWO wrote:
    Brook wrote:

Hitting the share button will not always be for the benefit of mankind . After the so called Arab revolutions we have here another example of creative use of the social networks and Youtube .
    Who controls them will have the ability to bring certain propaganda issues to the attention of the population at large . It is interesting that the social networks make a big song and dance about Kony . The unfortunate thing is that major western criminals that have liquidated millions ( the Bushes , Cheney < Rumsfeld ) have been forgotten . Here there is a problem because the " invisible children and the youth that participate in this operation have exactly 2 BYTES of Memory and therefore are easily manipulated . I discount the " awareness bit " because most of the kids do not realize that their movement is playing in the hand of the US hegemonic design in Africa . Intervention in Africa will kill more people than Kony ever did !

I won't debate or deny that.....but you can't deny so few people were aware of any of this in the first place eh?
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:07 am

Kony 2012 filmmaker Jason Russell responds to criticism about finances

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic4H2JdnQ2Y

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:14 am

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:32 pm

For years I have heard conspiracionists say " you the people are sheep - Wake up " .
    Now here comes along someone that is caring for a situation that took place in Ouganda
    and taking action for it in the face of the world and we say this is'nt good either.
    He may not have all the answers but he certainly is talented in getting things done and reaching
    people's hearts.
    It's got to start somewhere, with someone and something.
    Seeing the growing support and that on a worldwide basis that many people care is to me
    an indicator that in the Heart alone something is happening and that is all that counts in my eyes.
    If we look at everything in this world with a suspicious eye aren't we going to miss the moment something good takes place ?

Love from me
    mudra

Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:44 pm

mudra wrote:For years I have heard conspiracionists say " you the people are sheep - Wake up " .
    Now here comes along someone that is caring for a situation that took place in Ouganda
    and taking action for it in the face of the world and we say this is'nt good either.
    He may not have all the answers but he certainly is talented in getting things done and reaching
    people's hearts.
    It's got to start somewhere, with someone and something.
    Seeing the growing support and that on a worldwide basis that many people care is to me
    an indicator that in the Heart alone something is happening and that is all that counts in my eyes.
    If we look at everything in this world with a suspicious eye aren't we going to miss the moment something good takes place ?

Love from me
    mudra

couldn't have said it better KONY 2012 83084
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:33 pm

One thing is certain...everybody is talking about it now.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:32 am