tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+39
Anchor
giovonni
sabina
sunflower
Linda
THEeXchanger
Beren
Gridkeeper
Sanicle
Carol
ClearWater
Zingara
enemyofNWO
spiritwarrior
SiriArc
HigherLove
Simplicity
investigator
reality=check
Jenetta
TRANCOSO
gscraig
Jonah
Silent Witness
Lad of the North
JesterTerrestrial
Floyd
devakas
lawlessline
Micjer
solent
lindabaker
orthodoxymoron
Lionhawk
newel
Brook
mudra
Mercuriel
malletzky
43 posters

Complaint against the Mists

malletzky
    malletzky

Complaint against the Mists Empty Complaint against the Mists

Post  malletzky Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:56 am

Just noticed your post on that closed thread Merc...Should we be worried about the mists? And who and why complained that massive so that we might become some serious issues?

I just wonder...are we close again to reveal something (even if we're not aware we've been close to some truth) that might be "uncomfortable" for someone?

http://mistsofavalon.heavenforum.org/t13-the-mists-of-avalon-how-to-faq#52175

Until further notice - HTML has been disabled...

We have received a complaint against Us with Forumotion that may cause the Forum some serious Issues.

This is one thing I'm doing to deal with It. More to follow as Carol and I deal with this...

Much respect
    Mall...
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Complaint against the Mists Empty Re: Complaint against the Mists

Post  Mercuriel Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:03 am

Heres the whole sordid thing layed out in the discussion I'm having with Forumotion...

http://help.forumotion.com/t93450-an-abuse-has-been-reported

Yep - We might be "Pooched"...

I'm trying to get more Info so I can prevent It but You may be right - They might have had It with Us and this is the takedown...

More to follow...

Boxer

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:20 am

I was also unable to find that thread stated, it seems that there was a youtube playlist posted:

www.themistsofavalon.net/post?t2635-vortex-energy-part-27-of-27-winchester-cathedral-uk

When searching via google, you will see that there is/was such a thread here, but now even the google cache is emtpy:

cache:CwOgJTMbHJAJ:www.themistsofavalon.net/t2635-vortex-energy-part-27-of-27-winchester-cathedral-uk cache:CwOgJTMbHJAJ:www.themistsofavalon.net/t2635-vortex-energy-part-27-of-27-winchester-cathedral-uk winchester-cathedral-uk the mists

So, if they're not kidding, and without telling WHAT exactly is against the terms of services, you(we) should check some thousands of pages here in the mists for some PROBABLE violations, move these in 6 days and we will be granted our forum again?

I mean, we could move away all possible content that MIGHT violate some terms, but at least we sholud be informed what exactly!!!!

Oh boy...this smells. Sorry. But it smells.

Much respect
    Mall..
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:20 am

Oh wow ... that is incredible and so unfair that one is'nt given the specifics that need to be corrected.
    Maybe we can all help by going through our posts and check them against the infringements as stated
    in the link you just provided Mercuriel .
    That means 8279 posts for me alone pale
    I am willing to do this though.
    Team action !

Love from me
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:22 am

Indeed it smells. What can we do to help Merc?
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:25 am

I would think backing up our information ..then simply deleting the rest....starting fresh? don't let this six day period go to waste. We can be of help here....copy and paste everyone?
    newel
    newel

Post  newel Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:25 am

Mercuriel wrote:Heres the whole sordid thing layed out in the discussion I'm having with Forumotion...

Yep - We might be "Pooched"...

I'm trying to get more Info so I can prevent It but You may be right - They might have had It with Us and this is the takedown...

More to follow...

Boxer

Make a backup of the database. If you don't know how, PM me.
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:28 am

Hold up until tonight on doing anything Peeps. I need to talk with Carol first before We go and do anything...

Sorry about this My Brethren. I will Post again relative to this Issue later on today...

Off to work out during My Lunch Hour. Back in about 45 Minutes...

Wink

Lionhawk
    Lionhawk

Post  Lionhawk Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:32 am

I smell two rats causing this. Annoyed
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:39 am

Is this part of a crackdown on the promotion of forbidden information? This sort of reminds me of Avalon 1 (RIP). It also makes me think about someone being fired for a bogus reason, rather than the real reason. Who knows?
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:52 am

I found that video on you tube: the vortex energy part 27 of 27 - Winchester Cathedral UK. It contains tracks by our friend Gridkeeper, and his music can be found here:

http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2165-gridkeeper-music

But I'm sure it has nothing to do with his compilations.

Much respect
    Mall...
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:02 pm

Your forum being 'screwed' is the worst case scenario. If you have made an attempt to remove ALL of the offending content by the time the timer reaches 0 then your forum should be fine.

That about says it......Remove all the offending content (even though we have no idea exactly what it is) and we will be fine. I would suggest that if you have anything valuable you want to save....save it and move on. Only this time let's watch our backs here....this is only a set back not the end.
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:07 pm

I didn't read the link yet but Mall's comment prompted me to say that music copyright infringement is usually the reason. If Gridkeeper is a member here, and ever posted a video that was not his to copy, then the copyright infringement people will try to take the whole thing down. I believe the entire net is under scrutiny. We will have to make newsletters on paper and send them out to keep track of each other during this! I think we need to have physical addresses accumulated and updated for all of those interested, before the end of year holidays. That's my feel on it. If we want to send a newsletter around the world by FedEx, we could do it. IP addresses may or may not help. It will be at least a year before we could communicate again online. Are we ready? Copyright infringement is very very serious business. U.S. law is clear.
    solent
    solent

Post  solent Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:28 pm

I've put up a video from "Anonymous", wonder if this is being seen as promoting Hacking (even though MSM reporting Anonymous as a hacking group is Mis-info)????

This sure does smell fishy....... scratch Annoyed Argh Boxer Luke
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:43 pm

lindabaker wrote:I didn't read the link yet but Mall's comment prompted me to say that music copyright infringement is usually the reason. If Gridkeeper is a member here, and ever posted a video that was not his to copy, then the copyright infringement people will try to take the whole thing down. I believe the entire net is under scrutiny. We will have to make newsletters on paper and send them out to keep track of each other during this! I think we need to have physical addresses accumulated and updated for all of those interested, before the end of year holidays. That's my feel on it. If we want to send a newsletter around the world by FedEx, we could do it. IP addresses may or may not help. It will be at least a year before we could communicate again online. Are we ready? Copyright infringement is very very serious business. U.S. law is clear.

Linda you make a good point..and one that from the beginning we knew would eventually arrive. Albeit not in this fashion nor from the impending source, as using a youtube video would not be the only phase of this. Of this I'm certain. As mentioned above...Our forum is screwed unless we erase any and ALL content that would be in violation.

I agree we need to keep in touch as the family we are....and when it comes down to it....you will keep an eye on who remains able to talk and who does not on this world wide web. This should be a key to unlocking the truth. As the SAME violations are amid the web in other venues and continue....ask yourself why ours has been touched here? Who's feathers have we ruffled? I'd say many in several directions. Out of the blue on our forum we are being targeted? While the same information exists elsewhere in the same EXACT manner and through the same kind of postings?

Are their rules more bendable that ours? This is just a set back....and a huge eye opener to what we should expect in the future. I say if there is a way to back up our information here by all means do it. Then we as a group can decide the best course of action to take. Censoring us is not the route..and this seems to be a way of doing just that. Especially when we have no idea what it is we are in violation of.

Now if it comes down to Merc and Carol having to go through each thread post by post....well then there ARE those of us who will be more than willing to help. We are here as a group...a family...and someone whats to break that up. Sorry....not going to happen! We may not always agree here on the Mists about specific directions and areas of belief..but we are still family...and I will stand side by side with anyone who decides to break that up and rectify the violations.

Fishey is exactly what it is.....I'm sure we all have posts that we might think in violation of those rules that were just posted. Even down to the cute little pictures we post.....anything could be in violation at this point! This was the intention of the original complaint.

Last edited by Brook on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:44 pm

solent wrote:I've put up a video from "Anonymous", wonder if this is being seen as promoting Hacking (even though MSM reporting Anonymous as a hacking group is Mis-info)????

This sure does smell fishy....... scratch Annoyed Argh Boxer Luke

I have wondered same Solent .. I posted some too and we have some threads here on that topic.

Love from me
    mudra
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:53 pm

There are very many reasons that the internet takedown is looming...I know we here in the mists, as conscious individuals, were righteous in our searchings. We cannot be blamed for reading, thinking and talking. We are simply one little golden digit or two in the massive data stream. I'm serious about FedEx as a means of sending addresses info and news in a chain letter. Our version of a message in a bottle. Early on, we collected information about each other. Does Carol have it now? I would be willing to collect new data. Carol is not in any way ready for any extra stuff right now and I think she was keeping non-internet addresses. What are everyone's thoughts?
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:03 pm

[quote="Brook"]
    lindabaker wrote:I didn't read the link yet but Mall's comment prompted me to say that music copyright infringement is usually the reason. If Gridkeeper is a member here, and ever posted a video that was not his to copy, then the copyright infringement people will try to take the whole thing down. I believe the entire net is under scrutiny. We will have to make newsletters on paper and send them out to keep track of each other during this! I think we need to have physical addresses accumulated and updated for all of those interested, before the end of year holidays. That's my feel on it. If we want to send a newsletter around the world by FedEx, we could do it. IP addresses may or may not help. It will be at least a year before we could communicate again online. Are we ready? Copyright infringement is very very serious business. U.S. law is clear.[/qu

Linda you make a good point..and one that from the beginning we knew would eventually arrive. Albeit not in this fashion nor from the impending source, as using a youtube video would not be the only phase of this. Of this I'm certain. As mentioned above...Our forum is screwed unless we erase any and ALL content that would be in violation.

I agree we need to keep in touch as the family we are....and when it comes down to it....you will keep an eye on who remains able to talk and who does not on this world wide web. This should be a key to unlocking the truth. As the SAME violations are amid the web in other venues and continue....ask yourself why ours has been touched here? Who's feathers have we ruffled? I'd say many in several directions. Out of the blue on our forum we are being targeted? While the same information exists elsewhere in the same EXACT manner and through the same kind of postings?

Are their rules more bendable that ours? This is just a set back....and a huge eye opener to what we should expect in the future. I say if there is a way to back up our information here by all means do it. Then we as a group can decide the best course of action to take. Censoring us is not the route..and this seems to be a way of doing just that. Especially when we have no idea what it is we are in violation of.

Now if it comes down to Merc and Carol having to go through each thread post by post....well then there ARE those of us who will be more than willing to help. We are here as a group...a family...and someone whats to break that up. Sorry....not going to happen! We may not always agree here on the Mists about specific directions and areas of belief..but we are still family...and I will stand side by side with anyone who decides to break that up and rectify the violations.

Fishey is exactly what it is.....I'm sure we all have posts that we might think in violation of those rules that were just posted. Even down to the cute little pictures we post.....anything could be in violation at this point! This was the intention of the original complaint.

Adding to this Linda that yes I agree...for those that wish to remain in contact it's something to consider. But remember when you are talking about the Web going down or being compromised...any other type of contact may very well be compromised as well. Always something to consider.

At this point in time I again stress...this is only a set back..and not the end by any means. Quite simply a ploy to slow us down, and more important why? I doubt it is from a "big picture" scenario...as other forums of more prominence would be receiving the same threats. Again...we are not the only ball game in town who has posts of this nature....we have just been targeted. Are the others?
    Not that I've seen so far...and this it the question that needs to be addressed at some point. For right now....we need to figure out how to move forward.
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:19 pm

Keep us posted. What a load of BS. The least they could do is show what is wrong. Keeping in touch is important if the worst case happens. Suspect
    lawlessline
    lawlessline

Post  lawlessline Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:54 pm

Man Just as things were getting really rolling. Coincidence?????

Merc, would it help if each of us double check our posting? To help with the time front?

Man, don't people realise that things like that tactic don't work anymore. The wheels are in motion and like a tanker takes along time to come to rest.

I think that we will have no problem. Just a feeling.

t
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:00 pm

^ I know eh ?

I mean - Send Me the actual Violation(s) and I'll deal with It / Them. Instead They'd rather that We go through 51 000+ Posts so as to find what They seem to be holding Us accountable for. Its infuriating to say the least that They know whats wrong or what was the cause of the Greivance but yet seem to be unable to give US that Info so We can prevent punitive action.

IE - If I have the Information and or a Link to whats wrong - I can correct It but instead They'd rather portray It as We're not keeping track of whats being placed onto the Mists...

Thats disengenuous to say the least but to be honest - I can't read 'em all even though I try to.

Yep - Thoroughly aggravating to say the least...

Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:06 pm

It's okay Merc...what ever it is that needs to be done we will work through it. I can understand your aggravation too. It's all just too vague as to the threats posed.

Tom I agree as well...just when we really get rolling...that was the first thing I thought.
    Rolling Eyes
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:07 pm

Yeah - It'll definately help if everyone checks Their Posts but hold off until tonight. If I am unable to get ahold of Carol by then - I'll have to figure out a Contingency Plan in case this all goes South on Us. Tonight though - One way or the other - I'll repost in this Thread with how We should proceed.

Harp

Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:13 pm

The frustrating thing to me is that we were probably set up. I mean if I were cointelpro, I could join any forum and post something that I knew was an infringement and then report it to the PTW. Thus shutting down a website and forum that was spreading information that was deemed unsuitable. Argh
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:21 pm

Micjer wrote:The frustrating thing to me is that we were probably set up. I mean if I were cointelpro, I could join any forum and post something that I knew was an infringement and then report it to the PTW. Thus shutting down a website and forum that was spreading information that was deemed unsuitable. Complaint against the Mists 958811

No doubt! It's obvious....we'll be fine though...when did a little thing like a violation stop us. Complaint against the Mists 364319

Somehow we'll fix it and move on. Just waiting for you Merc.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:10 pm