tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+12
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
MargueriteBee
lindabaker
mudra
TRANCOSO
Anchor
Carol
Sparks
investigator
enemyofNWO
Micjer
eMonkey
16 posters

$500 Silver

enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

$500 Silver - Page 3 Empty Re: $500 Silver

Post  enemyofNWO Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:50 am

mudra wrote:Economics Carol ... pretty well summarized in this clip Wink

The story of stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLBE5QAYXp8

Love from me
    mudra

Mudra ,
    Thanks for the link . It is a powerful indictment of the corrupt and unsustainable system . These sentences absolutely encapsulates the video " the system is in crisis ; a linear system in a finite planet " and " we are running out of resources " and " we need 5 Earths to keep up with the rate of consumption " .
    We humans have to change system , this consumer society system is not working and it is destroying our planet .
    We already have seen that silver is running out , it is expected that by the year 2020 , at this rate , silver will have disappeared from the face of the earth . Without the silver used in hundreds of industrial applications our technology and the working of our society would be severely reduced .
    We humans have to change system , this consumer society system is not working . I am absolutely in favor or the consumer right to crash this rigged system . It is not worth having . The multinationals companies and the governments can have their schemes and agendas , we consumers can have our agenda too . In the end it boils down to forcing the PTB to pay attention to what the people want if there are enough people that actively screw this rigged system . Buy silver to crash JP Morgan .
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:53 am

I know this a thread about silver, but gold and silver trade similarily.

In 1980's dollars gold (and silver) are really nowhere near their highs.

$500 Silver - Page 3 Gold_inflation
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:05 pm

One thing that I have learned from being in business and being involved with markets.

At some point they always, ALWAYS come down. This is true of the housing market, stock market, tech bubble a few years ago, all commodities, you name it. Nothing ever goes up forever. There will be many novice traders that will lose fortunes, by entering the market too late and as it collapses, they will try and ride it out only to eventually give up and sell at a loss.
    (probably just about the time the market has bottomed!)

At this point silver and gold are a great investment. However at some point they will come down and quickly. The investment computers are so sensitive that once stops are hit, an avalanche starts.

Buyer beware and remember.... bulls make money, but hogs get their heads chopped off!!

Sparks
    Sparks

Post  Sparks Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:37 pm

Today's a good day to pick up some silver, since it is down. Volatility in these metals will be crazy going forward.

But there are some who believe that gold will not crash at the end of this run like it did in the 70-80 run, because this time they are going to have to tie it to the currency somehow in order to stabilize the currency. China and the BRIC's are already calling for something like this, and World Bank president Robert Zoellick recently floated the idea in an article in the Financial Times. In fact, what we are seeing now is just the culmination of what began in the 70s when Nixon closed the gold window.

Excellent video by Mike Maloney on investing in gold and silver:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=419aPXb7Uhg&feature=player_embedded

sorry not sure how to embed the thing, can anyone point me to a tutorial?

Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:08 pm

Rather than clicking on the square 2nd from right, click the green rectangle on far left bottom (under Bold) then put your link in the appropriate spot and press ok.

Thanks for the link btw. This helps to explain things.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:39 pm

Thank you Micjer.

Why do you think I'm into self-sustainable living? When money no longer has any value food can always be used in trade.

http://www.themistsofavalon.net/from-the-garden-to-the-kitchen-f22/window-farming-for-urban-dwellers-t262.htm#26770

Last edited by Carol on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Sparks
    Sparks

Post  Sparks Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:28 pm

Thanks, Micjer Very Happy
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:01 pm

Man this guy has a great way of explaining this.

Ok Buy silver and crash Morgan!
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:18 pm

US Treasuries hit by biggest sell-off in two years

By Richard Milne in London and Michael Mackenzie in New York
    Published: December 8 2010 20:23 | Last updated: December 8 2010 22:18
    US Treasuries suffered their biggest two-day sell-off since the collapse of Lehman Brothers, following a torrid month that has seen borrowing costs for western governments soar.

Germany, Japan and the US have all seen their benchmark market interest rates rise by more than a quarter in the past month while the UK’s has risen by nearly a fifth.

“You could argue that we are at a new stage where the global cost of capital goes higher and higher,” said Steven Major, global head of fixed income research at HSBC.

The yield on 10-year US Treasuries hit a six-month high of 3.33 per cent on Wednesday, up 0.39 percentage points from Monday and 1 percentage point higher than its October low. Japanese five-year yields also rose the most in two years, while Germany’s benchmark borrowing costs hit 3 per cent. “People are getting out of the market and moving to the sidelines, feeling shellshocked at the speed of the rise in yields,” said David Ader, strategist at CRT Capital.

US 10-year yields have risen by about 0.76 percentage points since November 8, those of Germany by 0.62 percentage points, the UK by 0.53 percentage points and Japan by 0.29 percentage points as the prices of the bonds has fallen.

Yields are still relatively low compared with long-term trends but investors are starting to fret that they could continue to move sharply higher. “Yields at this level are clearly unsustainable,” said Paul Marson, chief investment officer at Lombard Odier, the Swiss private bank.

continued at link...

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/e550f996-0304-11e0-bb1e-00144feabdc0.html#axzz17ZY1SrVD

Bond Prices Plunge for 2nd Day on Deficit Fears
    Wednesday, 8 Dec 2010
    U.S. Treasurys plunged Wednesday, extending Tuesday's sharp losses and pushing benchmark yields to a six-month high, after a deal in Washington to extend tax cuts fueled fears of inflation and a swelling budget deficit.

The dip in prices brought some buyers to the table in an auction of $21 billion of reopened 10-year notes, which was part of $66 billion of coupon-bearing securities sales this week. Trade was volatile and prices bounced off the lowest levels of the day after the auction, which analysts said saw about average demand.

Benchmark 10-year yields reached as high as 3.33 percent going into the auction, which meant a whopping 40 basis points had been added since Monday's close, and investors had decided the selling had gone far enough, said David Ader, head of government bond strategy at CRT Capital Group in Stamford, Connecticut.

continued at link...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/40565833

If you would like to redistribute this article please respect FT.com's ts&cs and copyright policy which allow you to: share links; copy content for personal use; & redistribute limited FT content. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/aa719fe0-0103-11e0-8894-00144feab49a.html#ixzz17ZZbavaT

Soaring US bond yields rattle investors
    December 6 2010 08:37 | Updated: December 8 2010 21:47

Wednesday 22:05 GMT. Investors are struggling to cope with surging US Treasury yields, which are supporting the dollar and thereby hobbling the rally in riskier assets, particularly commodities. The FTSE All-World equity index is down 0.4 per cent, while some of traders’ erstwhile darlings, such as gold, are pulling back from recent reco
    rds.

US Treasury yields moved sharply higher throughout Tuesday’s session and that trend is continuing today as investors try to gauge which of a number of factors is the primary driver of the rate bounce.

The 10-year yield was up 11 basis points to 3.25 – nearly 100 basis points above the bond’s low yield in October, when the US data was at its nadir and the Federal Reserve began contemplating “quantitative easing”. An auction of $21bn in 10 years saw demand at a yield of at 3.34 per cent, well past the 2.64 per cent yield at the auction last month. Yields came in a bit after the sale.

The S&P 500 index on Wall Street was up 0.4 per cent at 1,228, still near a two-year high. Equities, along with commodities, added a bit late in the day as gains in Treasury yields and the dollar moderated.

continued at link... http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/aa719fe0-0103-11e0-8894-00144feab49a.html#axzz17ZZZn7ZU

If you would like to redistribute this article please respect FT.com's ts&cs and copyright policy which allow you to: share links; copy content for personal use; & redistribute limited FT content. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/cfb5cd58-022f-11e0-aa40-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz17ZaFXNMg

Crude oil tipped to bubble over $100 a barrel
    December 7 2010 23:11
    For the first time in two years, oil bulls are starting to outnumber bears.

The bulls’ push comes as the oil market is experiencing a “demand shock”, with consumption growth this year accelerating to almost its highest rate in 30 years.

This unexpected boom in demand has lifted benchmark oil prices sharply higher, to a 26-month high of more than $90 a barrel on Tuesday. Some traders believe the market could jump to $100 within weeks.

For the Opec cartel of oil producers, the jump in demand, as the global economy has started to recover from the worst recession in decades, is a headache. The group, which meets on Saturday to review member states’ production quotas, will examine whether the strength in oil consumption is likely to last, requiring it pump more crude.

Traders and analysts are divided on the outlook for oil, even if the bulls are in command.

The bullish sentiment contrasts with the mood in oil markets three months ago, when physical traders – who arguably have better intelligence than anyone else – thought prices were unlikely to rise further in 2011 and felt consumption growth was lacklustre.

continued at link... http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/cfb5cd58-022f-11e0-aa40-00144feabdc0.html#axzz17ZaBo9a0

Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:50 pm

I am currently trying to buy silver from a website, here in Canada.

They are sold out of many of the big items. Also they are having tech difficulties. (Too much volume?)

I really feel there is something coming real soon. Note silver up 60 cents today.
    eMonkey
    eMonkey

Post  eMonkey Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:37 pm

Micjer wrote:I am currently trying to buy silver from a website, here in Canada.

They are sold out of many of the big items. Also they are having tech difficulties. (Too much volume?)

I really feel there is something coming real soon. Note silver up 60 cents today.

It is still easily available here in Austria, there seems no shortage of 1oz Silver Philharmonikers.

You can also buy govt issued Sterling Silver coins for about the face value however, fine silver carries a 20pct sales tax.

Erm, just a thought, do the banks not sell silver coins direct in Canada?

Good luck in finding a supply.
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:43 pm

Erm, just a thought, do the banks not sell silver coins direct in Canada?

You can buy directly from the Canadian Mint, or the ScotiaBank ( well their subsidary ScotiaMocatta Precious Metals eStore). These are only two I have found.

I'll keep trying the website. I have my account set up, just waiting for the techies to figure out their problem.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:38 pm

I tried to get some silver half dollar coins at the bank here only to discover one of the tellers was already purchasing them all. They were easy to obtain at the banks in Oregon. Not so easy in Hawaii.

eMonkey
    eMonkey

Post  eMonkey Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:23 pm

Carol wrote:I tried to get some silver half dollar coins at the bank here only to discover one of the tellers was already purchasing them all. They were easy to obtain at the banks in Oregon. Not so easy in Hawaii.

Thought you would be stocking up with popcorn and Dinars lol!

What pieves me is that we can only buy 1oz fine silver philharmonikers and nothing smaller.
    In the gold version, we can buy 1oz, 1/2oz 1/4oz and 1/10oz

So if the price goes to the moon, perhaps they may start minting lower denominations.

I would not like to trade a 1oz coin just for a cheese and onion sandwich. Having some change would be nice. Euro coins are all alloys of sort, and not based on precious metals like some old UK & US coins so we have less chance of getting scrap.
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:28 pm

Well I finally got my order in. Ya good point. The smallest here is 1 oz also.

Bit of a mark-up and handling and shipping fees are a pain in the neck. Oh well, they are "in the mail"!

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:38 pm

Our later silver coins have alloy in them as well. I did stock up and bought as many as I could in Oregon of silver half dollars which wasn't that much. We just have a little bit of this and that. However I did see gold and silver coins sold on ebay at inflated prices.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=silver+coins&_sacat=See-All-Categories

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=gold+coins+&_fscr=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m19

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=goid+coins&_sacat=0&_odkw=silver+coins&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

eMonkey
    eMonkey

Post  eMonkey Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:59 am

Geez, I wish them luck, no one unless they have megabucks in the bank account that are on meds and are desperate will buy that stuff.

You have to be crazy to buy and just as crazy to sell at that price and expect a buyer - to state the obvious - that is just pure greed and is sick.

No wonder humanity is going down the tubes with rotten apples like that in the barrel.
    Well, they will learn that 3D trinkets are illusionary, I am sure the Universe will see to that.

Oh wait, dang, that includes me too...
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:55 am

J.P. Morgan and the Great Silver Caper

by Eric Fry

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig10/fry3.1.1.html

Another article that helps explain this situation.

There’s a lot of rumor, buzz, innuendo, chitchat and scuttlebutt about the precious metals markets these days. Most of the chitchat is about J.P. Morgan and silver. Rumor has it that J.P. Morgan has amassed a whopping short position in silver.

The scuttlebutt, according to Scott Rubin of Benzinga.com, is that “J.P. Morgan holds a giant short position in silver. Furthermore, some observers are accusing the bank of acting as an agent for the Federal Reserve in the market…I.e., a lower silver price helps maintain the relative appeal of the US dollar…

“By selling massive amounts of paper silver in the futures market,” Rubin continues, “J.P. Morgan has been able to suppress the price of the precious metal. It is believed that these short positions are naked (i.e. they are not backed by any physical silver).”

If the silver price were falling, Morgan’s (alleged) short position would be lauded as a stroke of genius. But since the silver price is soaring, Morgan’s (alleged) short position looks much less laudable.

“In recent days,” Rubin notes, “rumors have been swirling on the Internet that J.P. Morgan’s massive short position is about to blow up in its face in the form of an almighty short squeeze and potential COMEX default, as large traders demand physical delivery of silver that COMEX does not have in its vaults.”

Based on some of the latest conjecture, Morgan’s short position totals a whopping 3.3 billion ounces. If, therefore, the buzz about J.P. Morgan and silver is even half true, the prestigious investment bank could be cruisin’ for bruisin’.

For perspective, 3.3 billion ounces is roughly equal to:

1) One third of all the world’s known silver deposits;

2) Two times the world’s approximate stockpiles of silver bullion;

3) Four times the annual mined supply of silver;

4) 30 times the inventory of silver at the COMEX.

To repeat, short positions – even titanic ones – are no big deal, as long as the price of the underlying asset is falling. But if, inconveniently, it is rising, the spaghetti can hit the fan in spectacular and gruesome fashion.

The silver price is rising…a lot. From less than $10 an ounce two years ago, the silver price has more than tripled. Therefore, if J.P. Morgan does, in fact, hold a 3.3 billion ounce short position, every one-dollar increase in the silver price would produce a loss of $3.3 billion…at least on paper.

Unfortunately, Morgan cannot simply unwind this trade with a couple of mouse-clicks in an E*trade account. The position is too large, both in relation to the world’s physical supplies of silver and in relation to the paper “supplies.”
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

$500 Silver - Page 3 Empty [b]JP Morgan Admits To, Reduces Massive Silver Short Position, Proves Millions Of Conspiracy Theorists Correct [/b]

Post  enemyofNWO Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:57 am

JP Morgan Admits To, Reduces Massive Silver Short Position, Proves Millions Of Conspiracy Theorists Correct

" Lastly, this means that silver is about to really blast off as the push to really hurt JPM takes off in earnest. "

http://blacklistednews.com/JP-Morgan-Admits-To%2C-Reduces-Massive-Silver-Short-Position%2C-Proves-Millions-Of-Conspiracy-Theorists-Correct-/11905/0/24/24/Y/M.html
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:59 am

There will come a day when the "conspiracy theorists" are going to be proven right about a lot of things. Let's see who the nutters are then!

Everybody buy silver!!!
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:11 pm

JPMorgan Reduces Position in U.S. Silvers Futures, Financial Times Reports

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-13/jpmorgan-reduces-position-in-u-s-silvers-futures-ft-reports.html?cmpid=yhoo

JPMorgan Chase & Co. cut a large position in the U.S. silver futures market, the Financial Times said, citing an unidentified person familiar with the matter. The decision was made to try to deflect public criticism of its dealings in silver, the FT said. The bank declined to comment on whether it had cut its position, according to the report.

If this is the case it will show up as a large loss on their financials!!!!
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:31 am

This is a new phenomenon : a distributor of gold coins . It is actually a sign of the times ......Watch the video .

http://maxkeiser.com/2010/12/17/please-take-your-gold-new-atm-spits-out-24-carat-bars-coins/
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:46 am

Now that is cool. cheers
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:19 pm

SLV and the Great Silver Shortage at COMEX

http://seekingalpha.com/article/242383-slv-and-the-great-silver-shortage-at-comex

Because of silver's recent run, much attention has been given to the rumored JP Morgan short silver story, which we have covered .
    However, the shortage of silver in COMEX inventories is potentially as conducive to the long silver story, and is also thoroughly verified.

As of December 10, the COMEX holds only 106mm ounces of silver, or roughly enough to cover 21,000 contracts (Go to: CME Group Link and click on "Silver Stocks"). From the most recent Commitment of Traders report from the CFTC, there are more than 137,000 silver contracts outstanding. That means if only 15% of silver long holders decide to take delivery of physical silver, a short squeeze unlike any other ever seen may result.

The reason the COMEX shortage could turn into such an explosive story is because of the lack of physical silver available to cover the existing futures obligations.

eMonkey
    eMonkey

$500 Silver - Page 3 Empty I love the smell of burnt naked shorts in the morning, starring Mr. Bill and guest appearance by Max and Stacy (****)

Post  eMonkey Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:44 pm

I love the smell of burnt naked shorts in the morning, starring Mr. Bill and guest appearance by Max and Stacy (****)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyIWKd3WuyQ&feature=player_embedded

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:52 pm