tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+12
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
MargueriteBee
lindabaker
mudra
TRANCOSO
Anchor
Carol
Sparks
investigator
enemyofNWO
Micjer
eMonkey
16 posters

$500 Silver

TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

$500 Silver - Page 2 Empty Re: $500 Silver

Post  TRANCOSO Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:09 am

No Economic Recovery in Sight: Seven Reasons Why Global Capitalism Can't Recover Anytime Soon
    by Shamus Cooke
    06-12-2010

As the recession grinds on, politicians in most industrial countries have an incentive to make exaggerated claims about the supposed coming economic recovery. Some say the recession is over. Obama is in the group that claims we're on "the road to recovery,” while other nations can only spot recovery "on the horizon.” Below are seven important social phenomena that point to a more realistic economic and political outlook.

1) Central Banks are Dumbfounded. The usual tricks that U.S. and European central banks use to avoid recessions are long-exhausted. Interest rates cannot get any lower. And because cheap money wasn't working, the printing press was turned up a notch, into what the U.S. federal reserve calls quantitative easing -- injecting hundreds of billions of dollars into the world economy, escalating an emerging trade war.

2) Trade War. For a global economy to grow, global cooperation is needed. But in a major recession all countries engage in a bitter struggle to dominate foreign markets so that their own corporations can export. These markets are won by devaluing currencies (accomplished in the U.S. by quantitative easing), installing protectionist measures (so that a nation's corporations have monopoly dominance over the nation’s consumers), or by war (a risky but highly effective form of market domination).

3) Military War. Foreign war is a good symptom of economic decay. The domination of markets -- every inch of them -- become an issue of life and death importance. Wars have been unleashed in Afghanistan, Iraq, and now Pakistan. "Containing" economies like China and "opening" economies like Iran and North Korea become more urgent during a major recession, requiring brute force and creating further global instability in all realms of social life.

4) U.S. Economy at a Standstill. The most important consumer market in the world, the U.S. is a nation of nearly bankrupt consumers. Nearly thirty million Americans are unemployed or underemployed, while further job losses are certain, due to nearly every state's budget deficit. The New York Times explains: "Now states are bracing for more painful cuts, more layoffs, more tax increases, more battles with public employee unions, more requests to bail out cities. And in the long term, as cities and states try to keep up on their debts, the very nature of government could change as they have less money left over to pay for the services they have long provided." (12-05-10)

5) Bailout Capitalism. First it was the banks and other corporations that needed bailing out, and now whole nations. Western nations bailed out their banks by falling into the massive debt that they are now drowning in. Greece and Ireland have been bailed out, with eyes shifting to Portugal, Spain, and Italy. The entire European Union is being called into question as the Euro takes a beating in the bailout spree. If the EU is dismantled, the shock waves will quickly reach other economies.

6) Bailout Repercussions. All western nations - including the U.S. and England - are grappling with their national debts. Rich bond investors are demanding that these countries drastically reduce their deficits, while also demanding that the deficits be reduced on the backs of working families, instead of rich investors. This is tearing the social fabric apart, as working and poor people see their social programs under attack. In Europe mass movements are erupting in France, Spain, Portugal, England, Greece, Ireland, Italy, etc. Social stability is a prerequisite for a recovered economy, but corporate politicians everywhere are asking much more than working people are willing to give.

7) The Far Right Emerges. To deal with working people more ruthlessly, the radical right is being unleashed. In normal times these bigots yell furiously but no one listens. But in times of economic crisis they're given endless airtime on all major media outlets. The message of the far right promotes all the rottenness not yet eradicated by education: racism, xenophobia, religious intolerance, violence, and a backward nationalism that fears all things "foreign.” These core beliefs effectively divide working people so that a concerted campaign against the corporate elite is harder to wage. Meanwhile, labor unions, progressives, and other working class organizations are instead targeted.

The above phenomena do not happen in a normal economic cycle of boom and bust. These symptoms point to a larger disease in the international economic system, a disease that cannot be cured by politicians who swear allegiance to this deteriorating system and to the wealthy elite who benefit from it. To ensure that the economic system is changed so that working people benefit, large-scale collective action is necessary, based on demands that unite the majority of working people: a massive job-creation program at the expense of Wall Street, no cuts to Social Security and Medicare, a moratorium on home foreclosures, passage of the Employee Free Choice Act, and so on. With the unions in the lead promoting these demands, working people could put up a real fight.

Shamus Cooke is a social service worker, trade unionist, and writer for Workers Action (www.workerscompass.org). He can be reached at shamuscooke@gmail.com Shamus Cooke is a frequent contributor to Global Research.

Source: http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=22282
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:16 am

This is about the 500 dollars for one once of silver . Enjoy the laugh ! I can't stop !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0mhX9hpq3g&feature=player_embedded
    eMonkey
    eMonkey

Post  eMonkey Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:16 pm

enemyofNWO wrote:This is about the 500 dollars for one once of silver . Enjoy the laugh ! I can't stop !

Danke, es war wirklich gut. Aber ich denke, sie sollten die Rede mit einem anderen deutschen Skript synchronisiert haben.

Sie sollten seine letzten Bemerkungen in irgendeiner Weise genutzt haben über eine Kugel in den Kopf - vielleicht. Das war ein wirklich gutes Ende.

Yeah, similar to other themes using this clip, never fails to make you smile. Nice one.

To JP Morgue New Year Happy Holidays.. What goes around comes around.
    eMonkey
    eMonkey

Post  eMonkey Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:22 pm

I took delivery today of a few silver coins and I more or less emptied my bank account ahead of tomorrows action suggested by Cantona.

What have you done?
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:37 pm

We laughed our as.s off watching ENWO's youtube link - bought silver last year and Dinars this year. Who knows? We get crisped by the sun... popcorn will go up to $500 a kernel. Band

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:39 pm

eMonkey wrote:I took delivery today of a few silver coins and I more or less emptied my bank account ahead of tomorrows action suggested by Cantona.

What have you done?

I bought more silver and I moved the majority of the bank account to the post office . Now the bank account has the minimum amount necessary to pay bills . My bank is Unicredit that has punted heavily on Eastern Europe . I think it owns also Bank of Austria . Unicredit or bankers not friends of mine .
    eMonkey
    eMonkey

Post  eMonkey Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:42 pm

enemyofNWO wrote:My bank is Unicredit that has punted heavily on Eastern Europe . I think it owns also Bank of Austria . Unicredit or bankers not friends of mine .

Yup - you are correct.

Carol, you always know how to put the boot in - lol.
    Well, I have a few grains of rice, maybe that would do too.
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:46 pm

enemyofNWO wrote:This is about the 500 dollars for one once of silver . Enjoy the laugh ! I can't stop !

Crazy Happy Awesome
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:51 pm

Carol wrote:We laughed our as.s off watching ENWO's youtube link - bought silver last year and Dinars this year. Who knows? We get crisped by the sun... popcorn will go up to $500 a kernel. Band

Carol ,

I hope we don't get crisped by the sun . I hope Brook is right . If I get crisped it's OK too . I am 69 years old and I have no regrets and no fears . However I know that the future is not written in stone , therefore a bet each way cannot go astray . You made preparations for possibilities when the SHTF and I too have made some preparations . What we can do is just hope for the best .
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:11 pm

The future is not set in stone. Instead it is like the crest of a wave always changing. What made me think of the sun was Instigator's report and the current coronal hole and filiment. I'm not worried about CMEs as we are protected by ET and other unseen forces. The fire in the sky can come from other sources (comets, astroids and even a possible peeling back of the atmosphere by pole shift). I also no longer worry about nukes given ETs intervention. Some things will unfold and come this way but I suspect comets or the space debris following PX as it orbits around and out will be more problematic then the sun. Besides, our sun has already changed. Also, Pane did say his ET sources (if gray, I don't trust) said the sun would shed it's outer surface in 2013, Springtime. By then we may have phased into another dimension - who knows? It really is anyone guess. However, we do know we are coming into major earth changes just due to the the solar systems movement through the galactic core. If I were to keep something on hand that I knew would be of benefit it is seeds that can be used as sprouts and water. I know of one man who lived off of 2 tablespoons o rice and salt water for months when lost at sea. So rice is the next item we have on hand as well as oatmeal and powered milk. Sugar is a good bartering item. So next is one of the plastic dog food storage containers filled with sugar. Other then that what else can one do? I keep having strange dreams where the color white is predominent. New beginnings?

Sure, we can buy gold, silver, copper... to try and hedge against the monetary crisis we're in. But just with one good EMP where would we all be? What good is silver if one needs to eat unless it is silverware or a pot to boil water or cook in. Food storage is still doable. Later, it may not be.

Sparks
    Sparks

Post  Sparks Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:52 pm

Carol wrote:

Sure, we can buy gold, silver, copper... to try and hedge against the monetary crisis we're in. But just with one good EMP where would we all be? What good is silver if one needs to eat unless it is silverware or a pot to boil water or cook in. Food storage is still doable. Later, it may not be.

Altho it is true you can't eat silver or gold, you can't eat greenbacks either, or stocks and bonds. We KNOW that our money is being debased, now. Why not protect your savings--all of them--from destruction. Silver and especially gold have been money for millennia. They will buy you what you need, whether it is food or safe passage, when other forms of currency fail.

On the other hand, the dangers we face from incoming objects, CMEs, pole shifts and the like, are speculative at this time. We don't know what will happen or when. It's the kind of generalized alarm that causes folks to prepare for the worst, sometimes at the expense of the rest of their lives. In other words, they hunker down somewhere with their preps and wait, leaving other projects to die on the vine.

If I had no stored food and seeds, I would get some post haste. But after that, if I had any remaining funds, I would buy precious metals. Gold and silver are available now. Later, they may not be.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:05 pm

Hmmm, this whole monetary system is such a pain in the a.ss. Life was so much better in many respects back when Native Americans roamed Turtle Island. "White man come and bring disease." Needless to say my bloodline is verra verra mixed so I can relate to numerous perspectives. There are other ways of dealing with all of this if we could just crawl out of a limited perspective and get above this whole turmoil.

There is no reason... none, that there couldn't be enough food, water and a livable way of life for all if greed were eliminated and everyone realized we are one humanity on one earth. At least those who are living on earth and not taking into account those stationed off-planet.

There is free energy. There is a means to have clean water anywhere. There is a means to grow food and fish as long as there is water ( www.friendlyaquaponics.com ) - anywhere in the world. All of this is possible and doable. We just need leaders who are into the welfare of their citizens.

Even in the US it would be so easy to set this up starting with the educational system in grade school. Teach the children and they teach their parents. Provide the education and supplies... work at the community level.

Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:01 pm

I am putting this thought out for discussion.

The proverbial be careful what you wish for!

As evil as JP Morgan is, do we really want to bankrupt them? This will cause that much more stress on the US. Do we really want the dollar to crash? This is the end result if the US dollar is sold to buy gold and silver.

Are we not helping the Rothchild's by buying precious metals? Does not their net worth go up as the price of gold and silver go up?

Some people feel this whole "buy gold" wave is a scheme put together by the dark side.

What a catch 22!! If they are successful in crashing the world's currencies, it would be nice to have physical gold and silver to barter with! Suspect
    eMonkey
    eMonkey

Post  eMonkey Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:16 pm

eMonkey wrote:
    Anchor wrote:

Of course the best situation to be in is, if money in all it's forms simply just went the way of the dodo. But it is here and it is what we have to deal with and has been rooted in commerce and peoples lives for millenia.

Some of us (including myself,) live in apartments without balconies and that have no garden thereby growing any food is made difficult. Even if we can get around the practicalities and rules governing our ability to install window boxes, for myself and many in the Northern Hemisphere, growing food in this way is not currently possible in a window box at this time of year, with -10c outside. So our options are limited largely to buying Gold & Silver and stocking up on food/water and other tradeable items hoping you can trade your shiny trinkets with someone that values them for goods and services. The only and best chance that many of us in my position have at growing a food garden is to do it by Guerilla Gardening - an interesting concept in itself and deserving of it's own thread.

The only way we can get from A to B (from here to real money, or here to a resource based socirtey or here to totally without money) is to have a transitional currency based on something real (metals or even your skills/labour). Comparing it's value to a fiat currency equivalent helps people in the 3D system to make comparisons for a fair value trade. Sadly the US Petro-Dollar has been the yard stick for many years and is the worlds reserve currency.

Many of the SOB's that perpetuate the monetary/debt & slave system currently have their pants down around their ankles whilst they're busilly shafting us which leaves them exposed. Buying Silver will help chop off the head of a very large snake (JP Morgue).

Where we go from there is unclear, there is no plan other than to bring them down. I can say that we should be careful for what we wish for. If successful, it will cause quite a few problems in the short term but better now than later as we may not get another chance to effectively make real and meaningful change in the world.

Yes indeed - said that already Wink
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:21 pm

The More They Liquidate, The Heavier Our Debt
    ...And Their Creditor Wealth Becomes

http://www.rense.com/general92/dkk.htm

Glenn Beck is selling gold for the Rothschilds. The Rothschilds, therefore, are buying dollars. Bernanke is, they say, pumping helicopter money -- but it is all going to the international merchant banks -- it is not going to local financial intemediaries who make domestic business loans -- this means the bankers are trading securities for dollars. Now here is my main point:

The money power combinations are unloading securities because the US will default payment on them -- they are buying dollars and selling gold, because the domestic economy of the US is undergoing astounding deflation -- fewer dollars chasing goods, chasing the worker's labor, chasing factors of production -- this means that each dollar in circulation will buy a bigger slice of pie (or, holding pie slice size constant -- it will take fewer dollars to by a given slice of pie) -- thus those holding dollars and IOU's denominated in dollars are getting a big unearned premium -- a windfall -- on each dollar and on each dollar-denominated IOU they hold because of deflation.

It is more profitable for the big financiers to get together in a plot to drain the economy of purchasing power to deflate the dollar (adding to the purchasing of of each of their dollar claims to pie.) So as we are bankrupted and foreclosed and engaged in buyers' market distress selling -- there is no money in the domestic loop for the little people who have just been ruined by starvation of purchasing power to bid against the financier holding all those dollars outside the domestic loop. Thus they are able to buy up our former homes put on the auction block, to buy them up and convert them into rental properties with absentee landlords -- so now when we find a home to rent, the rental money will go to a landlord who himself buys and sells outside of our economy -- he only collects our tent.

Now when you buy gold, you are giving needed blood from our national veins -- our dollars -- in exchange for gold which is not spendable, which only adds to the deflation behind this depression.

If you are still in touch with faculty in economics at BYU -- please forward my comment and have them consider this proposition. Tell them that the part about liquidating debt -- by calling loans and foreclosing etc. -- not really liquidating -- but actually increasing the total debt burden -- fewer dollars around, but the total weight in deflation bolstered per dollar purchasing power has increased. (Fewer dollars are owed, but they buy more than before -- no one getting the old higher wages anymore, people willing to take low paying second jobs to try and save the house etc.

Glenn Beck is not trying to save the economy -- he is just trying to sell you gold so that after the ocean liner United States sinks people will have gold and silver with which to bid food and water rations in the life boats away from the other survivors. I am trying to save the ship and all she carries - dollars could be used to help passengers bail -- gold just weighs down the ship so it sinks faster. Beck is selling poison and bleeding us of what we need most -- dollars in circulation.

--Dick Eastman
    Sparks
    Sparks

Post  Sparks Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:32 pm

Micjer wrote:I am putting this thought out for discussion.

The proverbial be careful what you wish for!

As evil as JP Morgan is, do we really want to bankrupt them? This will cause that much more stress on the US. Do we really want the dollar to crash? This is the end result if the US dollar is sold to buy gold and silver.

Are we not helping the Rothchild's by buying precious metals? Does not their net worth go up as the price of gold and silver go up?

Some people feel this whole "buy gold" wave is a scheme put together by the dark side.

What a catch 22!! If they are successful in crashing the world's currencies, it would be nice to have physical gold and silver to barter with! Suspect

YES we want to bankrupt them--before they bankrupt us. Who do you think the Rothchilds are, other than the money power? We give them that power, ignorant of how they abuse it through endless boom and bust cycles, and chronic inflation (the hidden tax of fiat currency dilution.) Their coffers are filled by this endless scam, not by the rising price of gold and silver. The rising price of gold and silver exposes their scam--that is why they collude to suppress it's rise.

Who are these people who think gold's rise is a Rothchild plot? Do you have a link? To my mind they are either clueless, or actively trying to discourage folks from protecting themselves. (Of course I do NOT mean you, Micjer.)

Yes the destruction of our current fiat system/FED will entail hardship. But if we don't take our money out of the "Tapeworm" as CA Fitts calls it, we will never be free.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:36 pm

$500 Silver - Page 2 DSC01897

Sparks
    Sparks

Post  Sparks Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:25 pm

Micjer wrote:The More They Liquidate, The Heavier Our Debt
    ...And Their Creditor Wealth Becomes

http://www.rense.com/general92/dkk.htm

Glenn Beck is selling gold for the Rothschilds. The Rothschilds, therefore, are buying dollars. Bernanke is, they say, pumping helicopter money -- but it is all going to the international merchant banks -- it is not going to local financial intemediaries who make domestic business loans -- this means the bankers are trading securities for dollars. Now here is my main point:

The money power combinations are unloading securities because the US will default payment on them -- they are buying dollars and selling gold, because the domestic economy of the US is undergoing astounding deflation -- fewer dollars chasing goods, chasing the worker's labor, chasing factors of production -- this means that each dollar in circulation will buy a bigger slice of pie (or, holding pie slice size constant -- it will take fewer dollars to by a given slice of pie) -- thus those holding dollars and IOU's denominated in dollars are getting a big unearned premium -- a windfall -- on each dollar and on each dollar-denominated IOU they hold because of deflation.

It is more profitable for the big financiers to get together in a plot to drain the economy of purchasing power to deflate the dollar (adding to the purchasing of of each of their dollar claims to pie.) So as we are bankrupted and foreclosed and engaged in buyers' market distress selling -- there is no money in the domestic loop for the little people who have just been ruined by starvation of purchasing power to bid against the financier holding all those dollars outside the domestic loop. Thus they are able to buy up our former homes put on the auction block, to buy them up and convert them into rental properties with absentee landlords -- so now when we find a home to rent, the rental money will go to a landlord who himself buys and sells outside of our economy -- he only collects our tent.

Now when you buy gold, you are giving needed blood from our national veins -- our dollars -- in exchange for gold which is not spendable, which only adds to the deflation behind this depression.

If you are still in touch with faculty in economics at BYU -- please forward my comment and have them consider this proposition. Tell them that the part about liquidating debt -- by calling loans and foreclosing etc. -- not really liquidating -- but actually increasing the total debt burden -- fewer dollars around, but the total weight in deflation bolstered per dollar purchasing power has increased. (Fewer dollars are owed, but they buy more than before -- no one getting the old higher wages anymore, people willing to take low paying second jobs to try and save the house etc.

Glenn Beck is not trying to save the economy -- he is just trying to sell you gold so that after the ocean liner United States sinks people will have gold and silver with which to bid food and water rations in the life boats away from the other survivors. I am trying to save the ship and all she carries - dollars could be used to help passengers bail -- gold just weighs down the ship so it sinks faster. Beck is selling poison and bleeding us of what we need most -- dollars in circulation.

--Dick Eastman

This is a seriously mistaken thought process at work IMO. You didn't quote the entire article, Micjer, but it begins like this: "The more the [sic] foreclose and deflate the more valuable to them and the heavier to us is the remaining debt burden. They are liquidating us but the remaining debt upon us, due to deflation, is heavier than when the foreclosures began."

This is completely backwards! DEBT is being deflated, not dollars. Any asset that requires debt, like Real Estate, is being deflated. But dollars are not being deflated. Dollars are being INFLATED and have been since the 70s. Just look at the monetary base. Look at the billions in stimulus--dollars and eurodollars flooding the market. This is making the average debtor's burden LESS expensive, not more. That is why gold and silver and commodities are going UP, because the dollar is inflating, or losing purchasing power. If the dollar were truly deflating, you would be able to buy more stuff for less. Seen anything like that at the supermarket lately? Or your Doctor's office?

As for the author's statement that "when you buy gold, you are giving needed blood from our national veins -- our dollars -- in exchange for gold which is not spendable, which only adds to the deflation behind this depression." Garbage! Our dollars are not the blood of our veins. They are the tool of the bankers. Gold is money and always has been!! Gold and silver are the money mandated by our Constitution, because the framers understood the money power, just as this writer obviously does not. The amount of gold in private hands is miniscule compared to world money flows. To consider this a drain on our national "blood" is absurd.
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:24 pm

Sorry I missed posting the first part. Thanks for your comments Sparks. I am not by any means supporting the above author, I was just posting for discussion purposes. This is very complicated, and I studied economics at school. LOL

There is still a debate on what actually caused the Great Depression and what to do to avoid another!

One thing I am certain of, is that there is much fraud going on JP Morgan and at the Federal Reserve. The last thing I wish to do is to help their agenda.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:51 pm

How this all plays out is very difficult for the average person to sort out. My son who majored in economics and was one of the Directors at the Swiss Bank in London before it downsized could never adequately explained what he was doing so it is still a complete mystery to me. I do know about monetizing and how that all works which is what led to the mess where based on a signature home mortgage loans are sold and then resold to other banks until the value is out of site while the actual cost of the home may have devalued. This whole money game is a ponze scheme based on paper but of no real value other then what someone may "think" it may be worth. Meanwhile, those who know how to play the game make billions out of thin air and a prayer - based on illusions.

I did just heard that Donald just bought 30 mil dinars. hmmm...

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:22 pm

Economics Carol ... pretty well summarized in this clip Wink

The story of stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLBE5QAYXp8

Love from me
    mudra
    Sparks
    Sparks

Post  Sparks Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:31 pm

Micjer wrote:Sorry I missed posting the first part. Thanks for your comments Sparks. I am not by any means supporting the above author, I was just posting for discussion purposes. This is very complicated, and I studied economics at school. LOL

There is still a debate on what actually caused the Great Depression and what to do to avoid another!

One thing I am certain of, is that there is much fraud going on JP Morgan and at the Federal Reserve. The last thing I wish to do is to help their agenda.

I hear you, Micjer, and know you aren't promoting the author, just questioning. Complicated is right, and that's exactly how they like it. As for studying Economics, I'm not sure they're teaching it any more!
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:57 pm

Thank you mudra. Flowers

Silver money for China

Hugo Salinas Price
    Posted Nov 29, 2010

We have been proposing the monetization of a silver coin in Mexico since 2001. According to our proposal a one-ounce coin of pure silver, with no engraved value, would be given a monetary value by the Mexican Central Bank. This coin would exist and circulate as money, in parallel with the paper money system of Mexico.

The monetary value would be superior to the bullion value of the silver ounce by about 15%. This margin would allow a profit, called “seigniorage”, for the Central Bank. Since the coin would not have an engraved value, rises in the price of silver (which would tend to eliminate the seigniorage of the Central Bank) would be met with new, higher, Central Bank quotes for the monetary value of the coin.

The rises in the value of silver in the silver markets of the world would no longer cause the disappearance of the monetized silver ounce. As soon as a rise in the price of silver would begin to affect the seigniorage of the Central Bank, it would produce a new and higher quote.

In order for the silver coin to become money and cease to be a commodity, the last quote of the Central Bank would have to remain stable and not diminish if and when the price of silver were to fall, which of course it does from time to time. Granted such immunity from falls in the price of silver, the coin would become legal tender money and could be used for any commercial transaction.

Now we read that China is having problems with inflation of its money supply. We think that if China were to monetize a silver coin, its Central Bank would have an effective instrument to assist in dealing with inflation.

China used silver exclusively as money for many centuries and restoring it to circulation in China would seem appropriate for China, as it aspires to recover its former glory as the richest country in the world.

continued at link...

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/price/price112910.html

Last edited by Carol on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:23 am

Here is a perfect example that I found that backs up the Story of Stuff: A huge appliance for your huge American kitchen in order to cook one type of bird: Sure, fried turkey tastes great, but is it worth it? Where do you store the fryer if you don't have room on the kitchen counter? How long before it goes in the trash?

Masterbuilt 20010109 Butterball Professional Series Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer
    by MasterBuilt

List Price: $179.95
    MargueriteBee
    MargueriteBee

Post  MargueriteBee Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:40 am

I've been buying Franklin half dollars, not just for the silver but after the dollar crashes I can still use it as money that regular folks will recognize.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:47 pm