tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+17
RedEzra
Swanny
Eartheart
shiloh
Carol
Pris
aplanetruth
malletzky
Sanicle
Jenetta
orthodoxymoron
Vidya Moksha
B.B.Baghor
Raven
Seashore
burgundia
mudra
21 posters

FLAT GLOBE

Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

FLAT GLOBE - Page 5 Empty Re: FLAT GLOBE

Post  Vidya Moksha Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:27 am

burgundia wrote:

This is the 'best' of the videos. But all these videos are still terrible from my point of view. They are over long, over repetitive and i have to pay for bandwidth for information that could be summarised in half a page of writing. So no more videos for me, its a waste of life.

Do me a favour folk? stop just posting videos with no commentary, how about watching them and summarising them in text in here? we dont all live in a world with free broadband, or have the time and inclination to sit through them. There is a life out there you know Wink

Nothing new in here.

Earth is flat.
    Ships dont disappear below horizon, can be seen with telescopes after they 'vanish'.
    telescopes can prove earth is flat
    cant see forever at ground level due to haze in atmosphere
    Can only speculate if there is a dome covering us.
    Antarctica is off limits in a big military way to prevent anyone looking
    Horizon is always visible, even in an aircraft, therefore there cant be curvature of the earth
    many experiments show flat earth
    satellites dont exist
    sun and moon are same size and much closer to earth
    moon doesnt reflect sunlight; lights from these bodies have different properties including colour  
    ancient texts point to flat earth
    is a wall of ice around a disk
    flat earth society is disinfo.
    'they' are covering up the truth because 'they' dont want us to know if we live in the centre of the universe and there was a creator-god type responsible for the structure we live on then. 'They' would rather have us think that we a tiny speck of nothingness in a vast vast universe..
    will be more attacks on flat earth model and a lot more shills as this theory becomes more popular
    refraction cant explain why we can see rays of setting sun
    all nasa info is faked
    gravity doesnt exist

well that summary is off the top of my head. Im going to look at this subject in more detail. But i will do it offline and it will take time.

Where do meteorites come from if we in a dome?
    what do satellite dishes point to if there are no satellites?
    how can so many space agencies be involved in a cover up of this magnitude?
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:59 am

Vidya Moksha wrote:This is the 'best' of the videos. But all these videos are still terrible from my point of view. They are over long, over repetitive and i have to pay for bandwidth for information that could be summarised in half a page of writing. So no more videos for me, its a waste of life.

Another problem with that video was that Mark Knight kept talking over Eric Dubay, which was very irritating for me.

But I like to have both video or audio and written text.  An ideal video is one with a good Description and links.  I think it's a good idea for members to post the Description along with the video for the convenience of members.

I'm looking for information about how engineers and surveyors do, in fact, do their jobs.  Dubay says they ignore what the textbooks teach them about accommodating the curvature of the earth. If it's true, then the earth is not a sphere.  I guess it could still be spinning, however.
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:29 am

Seashore wrote:
    Seashore wrote:This is from the e-book The Flat Earth Conspiracy by Eric Dubay, copyright 2014 . . .

From page 45:

Surveyors, engineers and architects are never required to factor the supposed curvature of the Earth into their projects, providing another proof the world is a plane, not a planet. Canals and railways, for example, are always cut and laid horizontally, often over hundreds of miles, without any allowance for curvature!

FLAT GLOBE - Page 5 Untitl15

One surveyor, Mr. T. Westwood, wrote into the January, 1896 “Earth Review” magazine stating that, “In leveling, I work from Ordinance marks, or canal levels, to get the height above sea level. The puzzle to me used to be, that over several miles each level was and is treated throughout its whole length as the same level from end to end; not the least allowance being made for curvature. One of the civil engineers in this district, after some amount of argument on each side as to the reason why no allowance for curvature was made, said he did not believe anybody would know the shape of the earth in this life.”

I was wondering whether there is still an Earth Review magazine.  I did a search and can find no reference to it.  

I looked for an email address for Eric Dubay so I could ask him where he found the reference.  I don't see one for him.  Apparently you have to have a Google account to ask him on his website.  I disconnected mine and don't want one so I guess that won't work.
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:11 am

Seashore wrote:

I looked for an email address for Eric Dubay so I could ask him where he found the reference.  I don't see one for him.  Apparently you have to have a Google account to ask him on his website.  I disconnected mine and don't want one so I guess that won't work.

join his forum? http://ifers.boards.net/
    Hes also active in fu$kbook

Seashore wrote:

Another problem with that video was that Mark Knight kept talking over Eric Dubay, which was very irritating for me.

i hadnt heard of Mark Knight before but i want to check out his work after listening to that
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:19 am

mudra wrote:For those who love to read like you Vidya the following is a 1895 edition of WM Carpenter's book : One Hundred Proofs the Earth is not a Globe.

This is from page 1:

The following Extract was taken from the “ Birmingham Weekly Mercury ” of February I5th, 1890, and must have been first published very soon after the experiment on the Bedford Canal, when that Professor fraudulently appropriated the sum of £1,000, on the grossly false plea that he had proved a curvature on six miles of the surface-water of that Canal.

“ An Engineer of Thirty Years Standing” writes to a magazine in 1874 quoting the following sentences as the result of his experience in the construction of railways, more especially :—“ I am thoroughly acquainted both with the theory and practice of civil engineering. However bigoted some of our professors may be in the theory of surveying according to the prescribed rules, yet it is well known amongst us that such theoretical measurements are incapable of any practical illustration. All our locomotives are designed to run on what may be regarded as true levels or flats. There are, of course, partial inclines or gradients here and there, but they are always accurately defined, and must be carefully traversed. But anything approaching to ‘ eight inches in the mile, increasing as the square of the distance,’ could not be worked by any engine that was ever yet constructed. Taking one station with another all over England and Scotland, it may be positively stated that all the platforms are on the same relative level. The distance between the eastern and western coasts of England may be set down as three hundred miles. If the prescribed curvature was indeed, as represented, the central stations say at Rugby or Warwick, ought to be close upon three miles higher than a cord drawn from the two extremities. If such was the case, there is not a driver or stoker within the kingdom that would be found to take charge of the train. As long as they know the pretended curve to be mere theory, they do not trouble themselves about what may be stated in the tables of the geographers. But we can only laugh at those of your readers and others who seriously give us credit for such venturesome exploits, as running trains round spherical surfaces. Horizontal curves on levels are dangerous enough; vertical ones would be a thousand times worse, and, with our rolling stock constructed as at present, physically impossible. There are several other reasons why such locomotion on iron rails would be as impracticable as carrying the trains through the air.”—SURVEYOR.

I can see that if there was a real flat earth debate in the 19th century, that the above argument would have been made.

If a real debate could take place at present, the same experiments could be conducted today using modern instruments.  We would still have to worry about fraudulent reporting, however.
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:22 am

Vidya Moksha wrote:join his forum? http://ifers.boards.net/

I'll think about that.

Vidya Moksha wrote:Hes also active in fu$kbook

I also got off Facebook.
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:23 am

Seashore wrote:
    One surveyor, Mr. T. Westwood, wrote into the January, 1896 “Earth Review” magazine stating that, “In leveling, I work from Ordinance marks, or canal levels, to get the height above sea level. The puzzle to me used to be, that over several miles each level was and is treated throughout its whole length as the same level from end to end; not the least allowance being made for curvature. One of the civil engineers in this district, after some amount of argument on each side as to the reason why no allowance for curvature was made, said he did not believe anybody would know the shape of the earth in this life.”

water level?

water is always self levelling.

how does flat level water sit on a round globe?
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:26 am

Vidya Moksha wrote:how does flat level water sit on a round globe?

Would you take that as evidence of a flat earth?
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:35 am

Seashore wrote:
    Vidya Moksha wrote:how does flat level water sit on a round globe?

Would you take that as evidence of a flat earth?

it is more evidence towards supporting the notion that our current models are flawed...

i would take a ride in a space ship so i could see for myself as definitive proof...

whats the opposite of gravity?.. that new age nonsense called physics always claims that every force has an equal and opposite force..

how can smoke rise against gravity?

lots of unanswered questions eh?

is my coffee ready yet, that's the more pressing one right now
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:53 am

Jenetta wrote:Regarding the Earth spin

If the earth turns with such a high speed how come we don't become dizzy ?

scratch

Love from me
    mudra

Gravity?  The closer you are to the focal point the less you will feel the speed of something much larger than yourself.  Whether I'm right or not I haven't got a clue...go on intuition.

I found an answer here :

Why don't we feel Earth move?

Earth moves very fast. It spins (rotates) at a speed of about 1,000 miles (1600 kilometers) per hour and orbits around the Sun at a speed of about 67,000 miles (107,000 kilometers) per hour. We do not feel any of this motion because these speeds are constant. The spinning and orbital speeds of Earth stay the same so we do not feel any acceleration or deceleration. You can only feel motion if your speed changes. For example, if you are in a car which is moving at a constant speed on a smooth surface, you will not feel much motion. However, when the car accelerates or when the brakes are applied, you do feel motion.

http://coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu/ask/60-Why-don-t-we-feel-Earth-move-

Still I wonder ...
    The tangential speed of Earth surface due to rotational motion  varies with latitude as shown in this diagram I already posted previously :

FLAT GLOBE - Page 5 Article-2546864-1B07A3AB00000578-149_634x365

So as I go down from Belgium to the south of Spain the speed of the Earth's rotation increases from +- 500 mph
    to +- 800 mph. That's an accelaration does'nt it ? Yet no dizziness experienced ... How come ?

Love Always
    mudra

Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:17 am

Mark Knight has posted this video on his website.  The Description:

Published on May 28, 2014

Description...I HAVE FULL PERMISSION FROM THE MAKER OF THIS VID TO POST THIS IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY......The earth is not rotating spinning,Not My Vid,All Credit To Rory Cooper..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvxaqqzjRu0

Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:24 am

Seashore wrote:Mark Knight has posted this video on his website.

Here is more source material he posted:

If this blog has raised some questions, or seems too simplistic, for a deeper more complex walkthrough, look here, and also witness the attempts at debunk in the comments sections.
    http://www.wildheretic.com/heliocentric-theory-is-wrong-pt1/
    http://www.wildheretic.com/heliocentric-theory-is-wrong-pt2/

http://www.waykiwayki.com/2014/11/earth-hoax-part-1-of-2-dont-spin-out.html
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:38 pm

The following sounds contradictory to me:

Heliocentric theory:

The Earth spins in an anti-clockwise direction (if viewed looking down from the North Pole). . . . The sun is seen to travel in the sky East to West because the Earth is rotating in the opposite direction West to East. . . .

To me, anti-clockwise would be East to West, not West to East.  So it seems first it says the Earth spins East to West, but then it says West to East.  

Question
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:33 pm

Seashore wrote:The following sounds contradictory to me:

Heliocentric theory:

The Earth spins in an anti-clockwise direction (if viewed looking down from the North Pole). . . . The sun is seen to travel in the sky East to West because the Earth is rotating in the opposite direction West to East. . . .

To me, anti-clockwise would be East to West, not West to East.  So it seems first it says the Earth spins East to West, but then it says West to East.  

Question

sun rise is in the east, so looking from the equator the spin is west to east... now move up to the north pole and that becomes an anti clockwise spin as seen from there.
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:47 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:

Heliocentric theory:

Question

sun rise is in the east, so looking from the equator the spin is west to east... now move up to the north pole and that becomes an anti clockwise spin as seen from there.

I'm not clear on what you're saying.  At the north pole looking down, it's spinning anti-clockwise - but is that west to east?  If it is, the article contradicts itself, doesn't it?
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:19 pm

Seashore wrote:
    Vidya Moksha wrote:

Heliocentric theory:

Question

I'm not clear on what you're saying.  At the north pole looking down, it's spinning anti-clockwise - but is that west to east?  If it is, the article contradicts itself, doesn't it?

the article doesnt contradict itself..imagine the sun is stationary. the earth must rotate from the west to the east, this spin would produce a sun rise in the east. If the earth spins from west to east, then when viewed from the north pole (looking from above the pole straight down onto the pole) the spin would appear anti clockwise.
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:41 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:the article doesnt contradict itself..imagine the sun is stationary. the earth must rotate from the west to the east, this spin would produce a sun rise in the east. If the earth spins from west to east, then when viewed from the north pole (looking from above the pole straight down onto the pole) the spin would appear anti clockwise.

The contradiction I see has nothing to do with the sun - only two statements about the spin of the earth as seen from the north pole:

The Earth spins in an anti-clockwise direction (if viewed looking down from the North Pole) [I say that's East to West] . . . . the Earth is rotating in the opposite direction West to East. . . . [which is it? East to West or West to East?]

Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:51 pm

Seashore wrote:
    Vidya Moksha wrote:the article doesnt contradict itself..imagine the sun is stationary. the earth must rotate from the west to the east, this spin would produce a sun rise in the east. If the earth spins from west to east, then when viewed from the north pole (looking from above the pole straight down onto the pole) the spin would appear anti clockwise.

The contradiction I see has nothing to do with the sun - only two statements about the spin of the earth as seen from the north pole:

The Earth spins in an anti-clockwise direction (if viewed looking down from the North Pole) [I say that's East to West] . . . . the Earth is rotating in the opposite direction West to East. . . . [which is it? East to West or West to East?]

Go find a tennis ball and a marker pen and play with them :)
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:01 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:Go find a tennis ball and a marker pen and play with them :)

Sounds like you don't know what I'm talking about but nevermind.  Enough said.
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:03 pm

you sorted yet seashore? anti clockwise is west to east spin...

I dont own a tv. I dont have internet. (Im essentially nomadic these last eleven years) but I am staying with a long time friend of mine, who does have a tv (actually he has 5!) and I am amazed, now I am looking just how much the global earth is presented to us and reinforced... its on all the news programs, all the weather, at the start of many movies... its everywhere... full time conditioning... an interesting observation...
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:20 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:anti clockwise is west to east spin...

How so?

Anti clockwise:  <------  Right to left and East to West.

Clockwise:  ------> Left to right and West to East.

(Why is this so hard?)
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:57 pm

I'm still bothered by the notion that engineers and surveyors don't use the formula they're supposed to, which would prove flat earth.

Here's another quote.

This is from the e-book The Flat Earth Conspiracy by Eric Dubay, copyright 2014, pages 46-47:

Engineer, W. Winckler, wrote into the Earth Review October 1893 regarding the Earth’s supposed curvature, stating, “As an engineer of many years standing, I saw that this absurd allowance is only permitted in school books. No engineer would dream of allowing anything of the kind. I have projected many miles of railways and many more of canals and the allowance has not even been thought of, much less allowed for. This allowance for curvature means this - that it is 8” for the first mile of a canal, and increasing at the ratio by the square of the distance in miles; thus a small navigable canal for boats, say 30 miles long, will have, by the above rule an allowance for curvature of 600 feet. Think of that and then please credit engineers as not being quite such fools. Nothing of the sort is allowed. We no more think of allowing 600 feet for a line of 30 miles of railway or canal, than of wasting our time trying to square the circle”

The Suez Canal which connects the Mediterranean Sea with the Gulf of Suez on the Red Sea is a clear proof of the Earth’s and water’s non-convexity. The canal is 100 miles long and without any locks so the water within is an uninterrupted continuation of the Mediterranean Sea to the Red Sea. When it was constructed, the Earth’s supposed curvature was not taken into account, it was dug along a horizontal datum line 26 feet below sea-level, passing through several lakes from one sea to the other, with the datum line and the water’s surface running perfectly parallel over the 100 miles. The average level of the Mediterranean is 6 inches above the Red Sea, while the floodtides in the Red Sea rise 4 feet above the highest and drop 3 feet below the lowest in the Mediterranean, making the half-tide level of the Red Sea, the surface of the Mediterranean Sea, and the 100 miles of water in the canal, all a clear continuation of the same horizontal line! Were they instead the supposed curved line of globe-Earthers, the water in the center of the canal would be 1666 feet (502 x 8 inches = 1666 feet 8 inches) above the respective Seas on either side!

“The distance between the Red Sea at Suez and the Mediterranean Sea is 100 statute miles, the datum line of the Canal being 26 feet below the level of the Mediterranean, and is continued horizontally the whole way from sea to sea, there not being a single lock on the Canal, the surface of the water being parallel with the datum line. It is thus clear that there is no curvature or globularity for the whole hundred miles between the Mediterranean and the Red Sea; had there been, according to the Astronomic theory, the middle of the Canal would have been 1,666 feet higher than at either end, whereas the Canal is perfectly horizontal for the whole distance. The Great Canal of China, said to be 700 miles in length, was made without regard to any allowance for supposed curvature, as the Chinese believe the Earth to be a Stationary Plane. I may also add that no allowance was made for it in the North Sea Canal, or in the Manchester Ship Canal, both recently constructed, thus clearly proving that there is no globularity in Earth or Sea, so that the world cannot possibly be a Planet.”-David Wardlaw Scott, “Terra Firma” (134)
    FLAT GLOBE - Page 5 Untitl20
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:28 pm

I'm honestly and genuinely enjoying your conversation, Seashore and Vidya Moksha.
    To me, it's adding a valuable dimension to the horizontal plane, truly!
    You're really investigating the question "Is the Earth flat or round?" and whatever the
    truth is, it's an informative quest offering new ways of looking at our perceived reality,
    putting it in a place of pondering its absolute nature or its relative nature, defined by
    our consciousness. Or the absolute or relative nature of our consciousness itself! Ha!
    This thread is a stretcher and the horizon doesn't disappear Wink

Seashore, I'm enjoying that video very much, in belly laughs for this man wry humour,
    with "Jon Rappoport at the Secret Space Program Conference, 2014 San Mateo"
    Thank you Flowers and thank you too, Vidya Moksha Band

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:38 am

Heliocentric theory:

Question

What is said ...
    What is meant :

In the Heliocentric theory  the sun appears to travel from East to West but this is because it is  the Earth that moves around the Sun in a clockwise manner ( West to East ) while spinning at the same time in a anti-clockwise one ( East  to West ).

Love from me
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : s)
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:22 am

mudra wrote:

Heliocentric theory:

Question

What is said ...
    What is meant :

In the Heliocentric theory  the sun appears to travel from East to West but this is because it is  the Earth that moves around the Sun in a clockwise manner ( West to East ) while spinning at the same time in a anti-clockwise one ( East  to West ).

Love from me
    mudra

You're saying that "rotating" is the Earth orbiting the Sun, not spinning on its axis?    

I had read it as another word for spin, not even realizing I did it.  I think a lot of times the words spin and rotate are used for what the Earth is doing on its axis and revolve or orbit for its travel around the Sun.

Thanks, Mudra!!  I can rest now.

Sounds like we agree anti-clockwise (I would say counterclockwise) is equivalent to East to West and clockwise is West to East.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:07 am