tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+17
RedEzra
Swanny
Eartheart
shiloh
Carol
Pris
aplanetruth
malletzky
Sanicle
Jenetta
orthodoxymoron
Vidya Moksha
B.B.Baghor
Raven
Seashore
burgundia
mudra
21 posters

FLAT GLOBE

Seashore
    Seashore

FLAT GLOBE - Page 4 Empty Re: FLAT GLOBE

Post  Seashore Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:50 am

Vidya Moksha wrote: How can the Coriolis effect effect bullets, but apparently not cannon balls fired into the air (which drop vertically down to the point from which they are fired)?

Seashore wrote:This is from the e-book The Flat Earth Conspiracy by Eric Dubay, copyright 2014 . . .

From pages 139-141:

. . . Also in the mid-19th century, another Frenchman named Gaspard-Gustave Coriolis performed several experiments showing the effect of kinetic energy on rotating systems, which have ever since become mythologized as proof of the heliocentric theory. The “Coriolis Effect” is often said to cause sinks and toilet bowls in the Northern Hemisphere to drain spinning in one direction while in the Southern Hemisphere causing them to spin the opposite way, thus providing proof of the spinning ball-Earth. Once again, however, just like Foucault’s Pendulums spinning either which way, sinks and toilets in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres do not consistently spin in any one direction! Sinks and toilets in the very same household are often found to spin opposite directions, depending entirely upon the shape of the basin and the angle of the water’s entry, not the supposed rotation of the Earth.

. . . The Coriolis Effect is also said to affect bullet trajectories and weather patterns as well, supposedly causing most storms in the Northern Hemisphere to rotate counter-clockwise, and most storms in the Southern Hemisphere to rotate clockwise, to cause bullets from long range guns to tend towards the right of the target in the Northern Hemisphere and to the left in the Southern Hemisphere. Again, however, the same problems remain. Not every bullet and not every storm consistently displays the behavior and therefore cannot reasonably be used as proof of anything. What about the precision of the sight aperture, human error, and wind? What about Michelson-Morley-Gale’s proven motion of the aether’s potential effect? Why does the Coriolis Effect affect most storms but not all? If some storms rotate clockwise in the North and counter-clockwise in the South, how do those storms escape the Coriolis force? And if the entire Earth’s spin is uniform, why should the two hemispheres be affected any differently? Coriolis’s Effect and Foucault’s Pendulum are both said to prove the Earth moves beneath our feet, but in reality only prove how easy it can be for wolves in sheep’s clothing to pull the wool over our eyes.

I don't know about the part about Michelson-Morley-Gale.  I've never heard of Gale as part of an experiment, just Michelson-Morley, but I've read Michelson-Morley failed to prove the aether. But I've also read that later it was proven.

Last edited by Seashore on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correct page numbers)
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:14 am

I had no idea that Galileo was a Mason.

Seashore wrote:This is from the e-book The Flat Earth Conspiracy by Eric Dubay, copyright 2014 . . .

From page 141:

The Masonic Sun-Worshipping Globalist Cult of NASA

In my book “Famous Freemasons Exposed” I showed how Nicolas Copernicus, Johannes Kepler, Galileo Galilei, and Isaac Newton, the four fore-fathers of the globalist heliocentric doctrine, all posed for Masonic portraits highlighting various symbols and hand-signs denoting their affiliation with the brotherhood. Galileo poses on a Masonic checkerboard floor, Kepler with the “hidden hand” sign, and all four of them pose with a Masonic compass and globe while flashing the Masonic “M” hand-sign. “Sir” Isaac Newton was even knighted by Queen Anne at Trinity College’s Masonic Masters Lodge.FLAT GLOBE - Page 4 Untitl19
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:38 am

From pages 146-147:

. . . The Apollo 13 symbol shows 3 horses pulling the Sun behind them which references the ancient Greek legend of Helios, the Sun God, traveling across the sky in a chariot drawn by horses. In total, NASA supposedly landed 12 men (and 0 women) on the Moon. Since the Moon has always been associated with the feminine and the number 13, the Sun associated with the masculine and number 12, putting 12 men on the Moon, once again is symbolic of the Masonic patriarchal brotherhood conquering the divine celestial feminine. This is also the occult reason why Apollo 13 “coincidentally” had an explosion at 13:13 on April 13th.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:30 am

Vidya Moksha wrote:[
    .. my interest was piqued in here by my notion that the earth aint spinning...

If the earth doesn't spin how do we explain day and night ?

Love from me
    mudra
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:37 am

mudra wrote:

Love from me
    mudra

the sun revolves around the earth, we would have to be the centre of our own little section of space..centre of the universe..

yeah i know how that sounds.. but i still cant shake the idea

[its not something i discuss with my friends as you can imagine.. hence my own little search (still not started properly) but i was interested when this flat earth model popped up]
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:43 am

Vidya Moksha wrote:the sun revolves around the earth, we would have to be the centre of our own little section of space..centre of the universe..

Do you disagree with the model from the book, then?  You're thinking around not on top of?
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:54 am

Seashore wrote:
    Vidya Moksha wrote:the sun revolves around the earth, we would have to be the centre of our own little section of space..centre of the universe..

Do you disagree with the model from the book, then?  You're thinking around not on top of?

I cant visualise or imagine a flat earth. Im interested to read the theories as it highlights some interesting anomalies and shortcomings in scientific modelling...and i hoped to find something that related specifically to the spinning of the earth, but I 'believe' the earth to be round... But i havent seen it with my own eyes. I like to read these alternate ideas, as much for what they trigger in my own mind/ thinking as for what they are actually reporting.

I really havent looked deeply into this. Im online to finish a book, which is close to publication and this thread is just procrastination and diversion at the moment..and i am in a race against time while i have a net connection.. I thought to buy Dubays book to read 'offline' as it were over the next months, but I havent done so yet, and I can see quite a few factual errors in it, which is making me think again...
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:01 am

Vidya Moksha wrote:I cant visualise or imagine a flat earth. Im interested to read the theories as it highlights some interesting anomalies and shortcomings in scientific modelling...and i hoped to find something that related specifically to the spinning of the earth, but I 'believe' the earth to be round... But i havent seen it with my own eyes. I like to read these alternate ideas, as much for what they trigger in my own mind/ thinking as for what they are actually reporting.

I really havent looked deeply into this. Im online to finish a book, which is close to publication and this thread is just procrastination and diversion at the moment..and i am in a race against time while i have a net connection.. I thought to buy Dubays book to read 'offline' as it were over the next months, but I havent done so yet, and I can see quite a few factual errors in it, which is making me think again...

Sorry - I forgot.  You already told us that.

You're thinking the sphere is simply not spinning.

Is it floating in space?
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:07 am

Seashore wrote:
    Vidya Moksha wrote:I cant visualise or imagine a flat earth. Im interested to read the theories as it highlights some interesting anomalies and shortcomings in scientific modelling...and i hoped to find something that related specifically to the spinning of the earth, but I 'believe' the earth to be round... But i havent seen it with my own eyes. I like to read these alternate ideas, as much for what they trigger in my own mind/ thinking as for what they are actually reporting.

Sorry - I forgot.  You already told us that.

You're thinking the sphere is simply not spinning.

Is it floating in space?

i havent given thought to whether are floating or moving in space... isnt the fact we are moving just a technical glitch in their telescopes and theoretical models into the 19th dimension, or wherever they have got to in their calculations. I just laugh at the big bang theory and the expanding universe, i cant take it seriously at all. its mental masturbation by the maths nutters.

Perhaps we are stationary? perhaps we are the centre of the universe? i know that sounds rather conceited (speaking for humanity and our importance).. but who knows? we know bodies in the sky move, we all know that, but are we moving or are they or are we both?

i would like unequivocal proof that the earth is not spinning, and im not sure it exists.
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:16 am

Vidya Moksha wrote:i havent given thought to whether are floating or moving in space... isnt the fact we are moving just a technical glitch in their telescopes and theoretical models into the 19th dimension, or wherever they have got to in their calculations. I just laugh at the big bang theory and the expanding universe, i cant take it seriously at all. its mental masturbation by the maths nutters.

I think I know what you mean by the maths nutters.  I think that much of science today is just math theory and that math should be just a tool to perform tasks related to technology resulting from observations.

Vidya Moksha wrote:Perhaps we are stationary?

If we are, I would wonder what holds us there in the cosmos.

Vidya Moksha wrote:i would like unequivocal proof that the earth is not spinning, and im not sure it exists.

If it does exist, it would be secret.
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:47 am

[quote="Seashore"]
    Vidya Moksha wrote:i havent given thought to whether are floating or moving in space... isnt the fact we are moving just a technical glitch in their telescopes and theoretical models into the 19th dimension, or wherever they have got to in their calculations. I just laugh at the big bang theory and the expanding universe, i cant take it seriously at all. its mental masturbation by the maths nutters.

I think I know what you mean by the maths nutters.  I think that much of science today is just math theory and that math should be just a tool to perform tasks related to technology resulting from observations.

exactly...many people build castles on sand, they build entire universes on sand... its all theoretical nonsense, based on basic assumptions which are just wrong.. but no one seems bothered to go back to the foundations and see they are missing..

wasnt dark matter invented to balance their equations?  Crazy Happy

the emperor really does have no clothes
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:15 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:I cant visualise or imagine a flat earth.

Of all the things that Eric Dubay says in his book, the one thing that sticks out in my mind the most is the information about the formula that is supposed to be used by engineers to accommodate the curvature of the earth but apparently is laughed at and ignored by them because it is not needed and would be stupid to do, according to them.

I wonder whether that's true, or not.

If it's true, I think it's a good argument against the earth as a sphere.
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:56 pm

Seashore wrote:
    Vidya Moksha wrote:I cant visualise or imagine a flat earth.

Of all the things that Eric Dubay says in his book, the one thing that sticks out in my mind the most is the information about the formula that is supposed to be used by engineers to accommodate the curvature of the earth but apparently is laughed at and ignored by them because it is not needed and would be stupid to do, according to them.

I wonder whether that's true, or not.

If it's true, I think it's a good argument against the earth as a sphere.

The earth isnt uniform. imagine mountain ranges, deep valleys, flat plains.. i would imagine that local geology is far more important than the curvature of the earth, each project will be accurately surveyed at the point of construction.. i cant see why this would be any argument for a flat earth.. the curved shadow on the moon is surely proof of a globe - sphere rather than a flat disk, for the moon at least..
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:03 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:The earth isnt uniform. imagine mountain ranges, deep valleys, flat plains.. i would imagine that local geology is far more important than the curvature of the earth, each project will be accurately surveyed at the point of construction..

I don't think what the engineers quoted had to say has anything to do with local mountain ranges, etc.  And a surveyor is quoted as saying the same thing.  The quotes on the topic are addressing perfectly flat surfaces that go on for hundreds of miles, which according to the formula in question, should make a difference in how whatever is being engineered is actually constructed, and they claim it does not.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:45 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:
    mudra wrote:

Love from me
    mudra

the sun revolves around the earth, we would have to be the centre of our own little section of space..centre of the universe..

[its not something i discuss with my friends as you can imagine.. hence my own little search (still not started properly) but i was interested when this flat earth model popped up]
    Well we are between friends here Vidhya and I welcome the ideas that come from your own :)
    It's quite ok to come with a point of view  that disagrees with the agreed  upon common reality.
    After all that's what artists, visionaries and free beings do projecting new Consciousness inspired images in ( imagine ) on the existing ones allowing momentum and a chance to change and evolve to brand new perspectives.

It took a few beings to alter the whole concept of a commonly agreed  flat earth to a commonly agreed round one. The flat earth model itself  possibly coming about in the same way as a few said so.
    The Matter/ energy/ space and time universe isn't static . Only Consciousness that continuously creates it is.

Now in your model if the sun revolves around the earth allowing for day and night to arise how do the recurring seasons work ?

Love from me
    mudra
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:16 pm

mudra wrote:

Now in your model if the sun revolves around the earth allowing for day and night to arise how do the recurring seasons work ?

Love from me
    mudra

I have no model. I cannot account for the different photoperiods through the year if the earth is not spinning. But I cant account for the fact that it gets colder as you climb a mountain towards the 'hot' sun either.

I understand the analogy of a rip tide with respect to a spinning earth and its air mass...

if i am sat in a train travelling at 100kmph i can blow a feather in any direction...But I can see the physical limits of the train carriage where i can not see, or fully understand the physical limits of the atmosphere, especially on a globe, where the atmosphere would have to travel at different speeds between equator and poles.

I understand the conventional models of the spinning earth and why they seem to work. Im not stupid, or unaware of this...but I have this nagging doubt, hence my interest in these flat earth models.

I havent seen anything yet which would convince me that the earth does not spin on its axis, or that the earth is a not a globe. or that we dont travel 'around' the sun (which we dont actually if the current model holds true.. we spin in a helical path behind the sun, we dont actually orbit, we are constantly playing catch up.)

If anyone asked me outside of this musing I would give them the scientifically accepted version as I have no viable alternative... but that doesnt stop me from being interested in alternate possibilities..

I am just curious.. And I have been working on other things since I rejoined the mists last week, just pop in here to see how the thread is going Wink
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:33 pm

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2011/11/earth-is-not-moving.html

I would like to find the time to go through what Dubay is saying in the above link...

He nags at me as I can relate to what to what he is saying, even though he has also made some glaring errors... I may well buy his book and take the time to go through it...
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:45 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:He nags at me as I can relate to what to what he is saying, even though he has also made some glaring errors...

I think I know what you mean.

I've learned that I have to put aside things my sources say that I don't agree with and go ahead and take seriously things that sound reasonable and worthy of further research.  I wish my sources could be right on target with everything but I guess no one is.  That's why we all need the input of other people to help us correct our errors.  And it's good if we don't ridicule people when we correct the errors of others.

I hope we can continue the civil discussion on this thread and avoid any more ridicule.
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:17 pm

Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:23 pm

burgundia wrote:

Cool, Burgundia, this just got published today.
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:52 pm

burgundia wrote:

I paused the video because Mark Knight just asked Eric Dubay why we're not spinning and why we're not revolving around the sun:

https://youtu.be/f5aB6oThGK8?t=8m36s
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:51 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:

I have no model. I cannot account for the different photoperiods through the year if the earth is not spinning. But I cant account for the fact that it gets colder as you climb a mountain towards the 'hot' sun either.

I understand the analogy of a rip tide with respect to a spinning earth and its air mass...

if i am sat in a train travelling at 100kmph i can blow a feather in any direction...But I can see the physical limits of the train carriage where i can not see, or fully understand the physical limits of the atmosphere, especially on a globe, where the atmosphere would have to travel at different speeds between equator and poles.

I understand the conventional models of the spinning earth and why they seem to work. Im not stupid, or unaware of this...but I have this nagging doubt, hence my interest in these flat earth models.

I havent seen anything yet which would convince me that the earth does not spin on its axis, or that the earth is a not a globe. or that we dont travel 'around' the sun (which we dont actually if the current model holds true.. we spin in a helical path behind the sun, we dont actually orbit, we are constantly playing catch up.)
    If anyone asked me outside of this musing I would give them the scientifically accepted version as I have no viable alternative... but that doesnt stop me from being interested in alternate possibilities..

I am just curious.. And I have been working on other things since I rejoined the mists last week, just pop in here to see how the thread is going Wink
    Thanks Vidhya .
    The earth may not spin but my head does when I dive into this subject of FE versus RE .
    Out of curiosity I had a quick look at what's taking place on the Flat Earth Society forum where this is discussed to great length and great temper since a long time . Not sure they will ever come to an agreement Wink
    Fighters

This thread is much more peaceful .

All the best to you .

Love from me
    mudra

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:44 am

Regarding the Earth spin

You might be surprised to know that a spot on the surface of the Earth is moving at 1675 km/h or 465 meters/second. That’s 1,040 miles/hour. Just think, for every second, you’re moving almost half a kilometer through space, and you don’t even feel it. wrote:http://www.universetoday.com/26623/how-fast-does-the-earth-rotate/
    That's the speed at the equator . This decreases by the cosine of the latitude so that at a latitude of 45 degrees for example the speed becomes 1180 km/h or 733 m/h.

FLAT GLOBE - Page 4 Article-2546864-1B07A3AB00000578-149_634x365
    If the earth is spinning so fast how come that when we jump we fall back in the same spot ?
    According to this graph above in Belgium for example the earth would have moved around 140 meters/s or 0,086 miles/s .

And how do planes manage to land on their precise landing spaces whithout missing them ?

If the earth turns with such a high speed how come we don't become dizzy ?

scratch

Love from me
    mudra

Jenetta
    Jenetta

FLAT GLOBE - Page 4 Empty Re: Flat Earth

Post  Jenetta Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:14 am

If the earth turns with such a high speed how come we don't become dizzy ?

scratch

Love from me
    mudra

[/quote]

Gravity? The closer you are to the focal point the less you will feel the speed of something much larger than yourself. Whether I'm right or not I haven't got a clue...go on intuition.

Post  Sanicle Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:38 am

IMO (for what it's worth) it may be a good idea to focus more on the benefits the atmosphere Mother Earth has surrounded us with to protect and nurture all life here to explain some of the apparent anomalies the Flat Earth people bring up in their arguments, in combination with the Electric Universe theory. I love you

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:03 pm