tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+27
B.B.Baghor
bobhardee
monique
oliverclay
Carol
Sanicle
Purified Soul
Beren
HigherLove
alchemikey
Oliver
B.B. Baghor
Mercuriel
DiVineEnvy
eMonkey
rhythm
lindabaker
Jenetta
Floyd
newel
devakas
hippihillbobbi
Nebula
rosie
pedro m
ClearWater
mudra
31 posters

Food for Soul

mudra
    mudra

Food for Soul - Page 5 Empty Re: Food for Soul

Post  mudra Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:46 am

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Ballet of Light Loie Fuller inspired

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:13 pm

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:39 pm

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:25 pm

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:30 pm

Food for Soul - Page 5 Watch?v=gKU_xFO6_gU&feature=related

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:06 pm

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Millionaire gives away fortune that made him miserable
    Austrian millionaire Karl Rabeder is giving away every penny of his £3 million fortune after realising his riches were making him unhappy.

By Henry Samuel in Paris
    08 Feb 2010

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/austria/7190750/Millionaire-gives-away-fortune-that-made-him-miserable.html

Austrian millionaire Karl Rabeder is giving away his fortune

Mr Rabeder, 47, a businessman from Telfs is in the process of selling his luxury 3,455 sq ft villa with lake, sauna and spectacular mountain views over the Alps, valued at £1.4 million.
    Also for sale is his beautiful old stone farmhouse in Provence with its 17 hectares overlooking the arrière-pays, on the market for £613,000. Already gone is his collection of six gliders valued at £350,000, and a luxury Audi A8, worth around £44,000.

Mr Rabeder has also sold the interior furnishings and accessories business – from vases to artificial flowers – that made his fortune.
    "My idea is to have nothing left. Absolutely nothing," he told The Daily Telegraph. "Money is counterproductive – it prevents happiness to come."
    Instead, he will move out of his luxury Alpine retreat into a small wooden hut in the mountains or a simple bedsit in Innsbruck.

His entire proceeds are going to charities he set up in Central and Latin America, but he will not even take a salary from these.
    "For a long time I believed that more wealth and luxury automatically meant more happiness," he said. "I come from a very poor family where the rules were to work more to achieve more material things, and I applied this for many years," said Mr Rabeder.

But over time, he had another, conflicting feeling.
    "More and more I heard the words: 'Stop what you are doing now – all this luxury and consumerism – and start your real life'," he said. "I had the feeling I was working as a slave for things that I did not wish for or need.
    I have the feeling that there are lot of people doing the same thing."
    However, for many years he said he was simply not "brave" enough to give up all the trappings of his comfortable existence.

The tipping point came while he was on a three-week holiday with his wife to islands of Hawaii.
    "It was the biggest shock in my life, when I realised how horrible, soulless and without feeling the five star lifestyle is," he said. "In those three weeks, we spent all the money you could possibly spend. But in all that time, we had the feeling we hadn't met a single real person – that we were all just actors. The staff played the role of being friendly and the guests played the role of being important and nobody was real."
    He had similar feelings of guilt while on gliding trips in South America and Africa. "I increasingly got the sensation that there is a connection between our wealth and their poverty," he said.
    Suddenly, he realised that "if I don't do it now I won't do it for the rest of my life".

Mr Rabeder decided to raffle his Alpine home, selling 21,999 lottery tickets priced at just £87 each. The Provence house in the village of Cruis is on sale at the local estate agent.
    All the money will go into his microcredit charity, which offers small loans to Latin America and builds development aid strategies to self-employed people in El Salvador, Honduras, Bolivia, Peru, Argentina and Chile.
    Since selling his belongings, Mr Rabeder said he felt "free, the opposite of heavy".
    But he said he did not judge those who chose to keep their wealth. "I do not have the right to give any other person advice. I was just listening to the voice of my heart and soul."

Love Always
    mudra
    devakas
    devakas

Food for Soul - Page 5 Empty World builder

Post  devakas Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:41 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:42 pm

Food for Soul - Page 5 A_sing11

The Invitation
    By Oriah Mountain Dreamer

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living.
    I want to know what you ache for,
    And if you dare to dream of meeting
    Your heart's longing.

It doesn't interest me how old you are.
    I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool
    For love, for your dream,
    For the adventure of being alive.

It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon.
    I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow,
    If you have been opened by life's betrayals,
    Or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain.

I want to know if you can sit with pain,
    Mine or your own,
    Without moving
    To hide it or fade it or fix it.

I want to know if you can be with joy,
    Mine or your own,
    If you can dance with wildness
    and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes
    Without cautioning us to be careful, be realistic,
    or to remember the limitations of being human.

It doesn’t interest me if the story you are telling me is true.
    I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself,
    If you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul.
    I want to know if you can be faithless and therefore be trustworthy.

I want to know if you can see beauty
    Even when it is not pretty every day,
    And if you can source your life
    From its presence.

I want to know if you can live with failure,
    Yours and mine,
    And still stand on the edge of a lake and shout to the silver of the full moon,
    "Yes!"

It doesn't interest me to know where you live or how much money you have.
    I want to know if you can get up after the night of grief and despair,
    Weary and bruised to the bone,
    And do what needs to be done for the children.

It doesn't interest me who you are, how you came to be here.
    I want to know if you will stand
    In the center of the fire with me
    And not shrink back.

It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied.
    I want to know what sustains you
    From the inside
    When all else falls away.

I want to know if you can be alone
    With yourself,
    And if you truly like the company you keep
    In the empty moments.

Love Always
    mudra
    newel
    newel

Post  newel Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:18 pm

mudra wrote:

Love Always
    mudra

Wow. That was good. Thank you mudra.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:09 pm

Thank you for your visit metaw.
    Glad you appreciated this video .
    He has a great way to captivate his audience

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:36 pm

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/4HqcjgJCDuw&rel=0&border=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/4HqcjgJCDuw&rel=0&border=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:56 pm

People of diverse faiths pursue a lofty goal in a peace hike up Mt. Baldy

July 23, 2010

For the last two years, the Aetherius Society has opened its pilgrimages to all faiths. About 100 people joined last Saturday's trek up the tallest peak in the San Gabriel Mountains.

The mountain was supposed to impart energy to its pilgrims, but as he neared the top, Ashraf Carrim wasn't feeling it.

Slumped on a boulder not far from the peak of Mt. Baldy, the Muslim imam from Torrance laughed when asked how he was faring on his hike. "Badly," he replied. A few feet away, the Rev. Jeffrey Utter of the United Church of Christ was girding himself for the final push. "I was naive about what was involved," he admitted.

The two men were among about 100 people of various faiths who set out last Saturday on a hike for peace, with the goal of reaching the top of Mt. Baldy, the tallest peak in the San Gabriel Mountains. Those who made it all the way — not everyone did — participated in an event as eclectic as Southern California itself, played out on its very rooftop.

read more here : http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-beliefs-baldy-20100731,0,6497230.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fmostviewed+%28L.A.+Times+-+Most+Viewed+Stories%29

Love Always
    mudra
    ClearWater
    ClearWater

Post  ClearWater Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:07 pm

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:14 pm

Thank you Mudra.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:43 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:03 pm

It Is
    by: Author Unknown, Source Unknown

It's nice to know that you're secured with that someone. That even if the rain is pouring hard and the sky is almost dark, he'll never leave you just so you won't feel alone. Even if his friends had left him (and even if he has to be somewhere else) he'd still stay by your side, just so you won't feel alone.

It's so good to know that you have someone who'll be willing to help you cope up in every frustrations you're having. Every depressing moments, every down moments, every self-worthless-realization moments, he'd be there, not because you want someone to be with you, but because he wants to be with you.

It's great to know when a person appreciates every little thing you do. Even a smile would mean a lot to him, just because you own that smile. And that even if no words are expressed as long as the eyes understand, you'd be able to communicate, just like that.

It's overwhelming when a person tells you that he loves you for who you are. He may not have an answer when you ask him why, but really, he doesn't have to have reasons for loving you.

It's more grateful to know that someone is grateful to have you. We don't choose the people who enter our lives, so it must be luck that you have that person, then you have to be thankful. It may just be coincidence or fate, but whatever the reason is, you have to be thankful in having him the same way he is thankful for having you.

It's a wonderful feeling when you're on the verge of giving up the things you've worked hard for, someone isn't just helping you carry the weight on your shoulders, but he carries it on his own because he'd also be in pain when you are in pain. And then you'll realize, trials would all be worth it as long as you have him, not because he would do things for you, but because you gather all the strength you need, in him and his love.

It's a superb feeling when one is willing to take the risks just so you'll be happy. Unselfishness rule in him just so happiness would take over you.

It's a nice feeling that when you're apart, and days seem to be long, that person misses you. Yes, you might feel bad about not being with each other, but knowing that you feel the same way would drive those blues away, thinking, you'd fight over that feeling because you're looking forward to seeing each other, and that's something to be happy about.

It's a great feeling when he wants to be with you because of the happiness you have when you're together. That even if corny jokes and senseless stories are told, it won't matter as long as you're together.

It's a lovely feeling when someone thinks about your future, with or without him. He cares and he cares enough to think of you and what you'll be someday. But of course, he also wants to be in it someday.

It's a nice feeling when you can be who you really are with that person. No pretentions, no lies, no hypocrisy, because he accepts you for who you are. You can be funny, you can be embarrased, but it won't matter coz it doesn't matter to him. Trust and faith in each other keeps you alive. And it will always do.

It's good to know that you have someone who'll not have the intentions of breaking your heart. Instead, he would be willing to mend it, picking up the broken pieces of your heart that your past love have scattered in the ground. He may not be able to put the pieces back to where they really belong, but you shouldn't mind, because he had repaired that heart of yours, and he fixed it in his own way. He loves you in his own way, not the way your past did. He fixed your heart in a different way, to keep you from feeling the pains of your past heartache and to make you feel, the love, that he's unselfishly giving.

It's a great feeling when that person has every effort to let you feel what he feels for you. Because of the distractions, you may not hear him shout it to the world, but as long as you feel it, his efforts has paid off, big time. And when you feel the same way too... He'd feel as if he's the luckiest person alive.

... when in fact, you're more blessed to have him.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:17 am

CROCODILE WHISPERER.

If you thought the legend of the horse whisperer was impressive, here's an animal tale with even more bite.

Food for Soul - Page 5 Unknow12

Rather than trying to tame wild stallions, fearless Costa Rican fisherman Chito prefers a playful wrestle in the water with his best pal Pocho - a deadly 17ft crocodile.
    The 52-year-old daredevil draws gasps of amazement from onlookers by wading chest-deep into the water, then whistling for his 980lb buddy - and giving him an affectionate hug.

Food for Soul - Page 5 Unknow13
    Chito made friends with the croc after finding him with a gunshot wound on the banks of the Central American state's Parismina river 20 years ago.
    He had been shot in the left eye by a cattle farmer and was close to death.

But Chito enlisted the help of several pals to load the massive reptile into his boat.
    He says: "When I found Pocho in the river he was dying, so I brought him into my house
    "He was very skinny, weighing only around 150lb I gave him chicken and fish and medicine for six months to help him recover.
    "I stayed by Pocho's side while he was ill, sleeping next to him at night. I just wanted him to feel that somebody loved him, that not all humans are bad.
    "It meant a lot of sacrifice. I had to be there every day. I love all animals - especially ones that have suffered."
    It took years before Chito felt that Pocho had bonded with him enough to get closer to the animal.

Food for Soul - Page 5 Unknow14

The odd couple have now become a major tourist attraction, with several tour operators, including Crocodile Adventures, taking visitors on touring cruises to see the pair.
    On the Crocodile Adventures website it describes the spectacle as: "One of the most amazing things that no cruise ship passenger will want to miss, the adventure show between the man and the crocodile."

Food for Soul - Page 5 Unknow15

Love Always
    mudra
    [b]
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:57 pm

Jenetta
    Jenetta

Food for Soul - Page 5 Empty Food For Soul

Post  Jenetta Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:51 am

Post  mudra Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:27 am

Thank you for sharing so much beauty Jenetta.
    It's been a delight to watch this video.

Much Love for You
    mudra
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:30 pm

I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
    - Ellen DeGeneres
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:02 am