tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+6
Threecaster
Aquaries1111
Carol
devakas
Eartheart
Floyd
10 posters

Ascension: Problems of a new religious movement

devakas
    devakas

Ascension: Problems of a new religious movement - Page 4 Empty Re: Ascension: Problems of a new religious movement

Post  devakas Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:04 pm

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

yes, Floyd is strict, lets move to your new dedicated thread. good idea.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Ascension: Problems of a new religious movement - Page 4 Empty Re: Ascension: Problems of a new religious movement

Post  Carol Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:41 pm

magamud wrote:
    Are you fear something?
    I fear the one who can give life and death. As he has freely given I need to do the same.

Ironically, I embrace the giver of life and death. Yet again, having had a few near death experiences -I leaned death is not to be feared, yet instead is a wondrous joyous release.

I would like to add something else to this thread. Unfortunately there are members who seem to think they own their threads and should have total control over who posts on it. Personally, I find this sense of ownership objectionable except in cases where reams of text are posted that have nothing to do with the topic.

We frequently experience thread drift and I'm just as guilty of this, if not more, then anyone else. I'm also grateful that those members who do post feel comfortable enough to offer their personal opinion. Learning about others viewpoints is an education which often opens doors to new insights, something else I also appreciate. And I don't need to be in agreement with a member to appreciate a different perspective other then my own.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Aquaries1111
    Aquaries1111

Post  Aquaries1111 Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:29 pm

Carol wrote:
    magamud wrote:
    Are you fear something?
    I fear the one who can give life and death. As he has freely given I need to do the same.

Ironically, I embrace the giver of life and death. Yet again, having had a few near death experiences -I leaned death is not to be feared, yet instead is a wondrous joyous release.

I would like to add something else to this thread. Unfortunately there are members who seem to think they own their threads and should have total control over who posts on it. Personally, I find this sense of ownership objectionable except in cases where reams of text are posted that have nothing to do with the topic.

We frequently experience thread drift and I'm just as guilty of this, if not more, then anyone else. I'm also grateful that those members who do post feel comfortable enough to offer their personal opinion. Learning about others viewpoints is an education which often opens doors to new insights, something else I also appreciate. And I don't need to be in agreement with a member to appreciate a different perspective other then my own.

Wow Carol,

Just wonderful.... Just wonderful... Mmmmhmmmm

Thank you for being you...

Threecaster
    Threecaster

Post  Threecaster Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:52 pm

One of the reasons we have emerged into this splace in forms that are able to communicate with one another, is to Experience.

We very likely chose the point into which we would be born, as we felt that those circumstances (parents, geo-political location, etc) would offer the greatest chance for change and learning our lessons we set for ourselves.

It appears to me that magamud has chosen a line of experience, and seems to be exploring it with great intent.

Truths are simultaneously personal and communal. Enlightened
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:01 am

mechanism karma

cycle

karma > samskara > vasana > vritti > karma

experience can be changed. Karma can be changed.

there is karma (action) vikarma (bad action) akarma ( no action).

Karma or action begins with motive. most people understand the karma as not controled or 'given'. most people understand karma as physical action, however our life is the 'work' to fix our karma. as we have karma from many previous lives it can be decoded by astrology, symptoms of birh. for example pregnant woman should satisfy her strange cravings as it will enables the symptoms of baby to unfold his life in full potency of his previous karma. The goal to get rid of karma...

for example by birth by some common astronomical signs and loving moon there are description of life of karma and length of 1000 months. however those 85 year (25% of population) only while correct principals are followed.

karma starts wiht motives and it is more important than action. It is difference between planned killing and accidental. So motives are 2 types. one to achieve happiness second how to avoid suffering. Karma it is based on those 2 egoistic motives.

we can be very busy in physical actions, but we may not accumulate karma at all. we maybe in no actions physical, but we can be very busy with mind thoughts (plans) imaginations. It adds to our karma. Our motives makes samskara as seeds of snapshots of experience (physical, mind thoughts, images) and seeds based on deepness of motives are base for future karma (various times or lives). Samskara is not visible, uknown, but never forgotten in memory, more than we can imagine. Even action can be triggered unexpectedly.

The seed snapshots are organized in categorized order Vasana (smell) it is next step in cycle of karma. Vasana also is tendency or desire or my ability. Vasana is visible and can be determined by learn people, close people, parents. Some are for example born agressive even as child. Vasana is more visible, can be positive or negative, 'love' - 'hate'...

Next step in karma cycle is Vritti (tendency, feelings,desires, urges..) (thought pattern may be forever...) or 'I want', it is reaction to this material world. or vritti 'I dont want'. thoughts or imaginations. Vritti will finish cycle of karma in behaviour, action.

Culture of yoga is science to destroy Vritti element in this cycle, minimize, kill, calm down mind. To calm down mind enables to see ourself in true position, change tendency to right motives, get 'right' instead of wrong and clear vision, clear mind. change karma in to more fruitive desisions, happy life. Matured seeds of samskara of karma are very hard to get rid of. Seeds activate itself depending on our surroundings at that moment. We have occumulated seeds for ages. we have a lot of our karma as not reacted yet, a lot. Sometimes we have weird pop up thoughs that even does not match high humility values, sometimes more matching animal behaviour. All those elements activate itself or realization happens depending on the right environment. We have so many seeds occumilated that it could be said ' we only wait the moment we can remember it' or in other words reaction will happen (as reason was there already). Sometimes people can not recognize their own behaviour, or they are very surprised of their behaviour and etc. sometimes their behaviour unexplainable, tense, strange. Too much karma. yes. purification of samskara should be in our minds.

samkaras are subtle imprints (impressions) that are made in the mind-stuff (chitta) whenever we do actions (consciously). Impressions are not memories, memories are formed from impressions just like a photograph is developed from a negative. generally, we only retain memories from recent impressions. but, we have countless impressions (samskaras) from many, many lives, most of these impressions no longer have memories associated with them, in other words, the impressions (samskaras) from many, many lifetimes are affecting us but we do not generally know how or why they affect us because we have no recollection of the actions that caused the impressions.

thought forms are five types: (1) thoughts about truth... analysis of wisdom (2) thoughts based on incorrect perception (3) thoughts which have no basis in reality, for example, ‘day-dreaming’, verbal delusion (talking to oneself in one’s mind or vocally, but making no sense, ... having no basis in fact), and uncontrolled imagination (4) the dream-sleep state of mind and (5) memories

Actually, we cannot control our past samskaras because they have been automatically created as a result of our past actions. So, really, what one is asking is this: "how do we stop our past samskaras from controlling us?" The answer is in the practice yoga to break the karmic cycle to interrupt the cycle at the vritti level.

It is a royal secret in the sense that only those persons who have a noble (good) character are capable of knowing it

We fall from grace long before we commit sin. The moment we fall from grace, sin becomes attractive and the moment we are in grace, holiness is attractive.

blessings to all...

Last edited by devakas on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:32 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : as usual grammar)
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:03 am

Carol wrote:

We frequently experience thread drift and I'm just as guilty of this,

Carol. Your ignorance of the fact to see when some one is spamming thread after thread with the same irrelevant religious proselytisation and completely off topic subject matter is a sign of inconsistent and poor administrations skills. In this particular matter anyway.

Your quote that a) some people like to think they own their threads is both a) cowardly and as you fail to mention names and b) in complete contradiction to your forum guidleines as quoted in bold below.

I am surprised to note your failure to see the posting tactics of this particular joker and your inconsistency in dealing with the matter..

I am more than happy to have flowing threads loosely related to the topic with everyone involved but forum etiquette says that off topic spamming and irrelevant religious prosetylisation completely tangential to the topic should be removed. You are only assisting the clowns who do this so well done for playing right into their hands.

Thread drift is not the same as thread hijacking and you of all people should know that.

By the way, allowing the OP to moderate their own threads is an excellent system of self moderation that helps to minimize administration duties and help to eradicate failures like in this case.

Forum Guidlines
    I noticed you posted this when something similar happened on another thread
    Posts identified by the OP of a thread as spam shall be deleted... if there are other posts on this thread you consider as spam please identify them and they will be deleted along with the ones already taken care of.

[i]

You should apply this universally rather than when you feel like to avoid inconsistency and poor judgement in thread moderating. Perhaps in the future when certain individuals begin to hijack threads with the same monotonous religious propaganda you will be able to recognise it. Magamud has a complete incapacity to proselytise his own religious beliefs in his own threads and rather pollutes others time and time again.

Other than that thanks for running the forum which is appreciated.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:54 pm

[quote="Floyd"]
    Carol wrote:

Carol. Your ignorance of the fact to see when some one is spamming thread after thread with the same irrelevant religious proselytisation and completely off topic subject matter is a sign of inconsistent and poor administrations skills. In this particular matter anyway.

As we all agreed this is a self moderated forum why blaming Carol of poor administration skills ?

These are the guidelines we have for the Mists as posted by Carol :

Hi and welcome - Just a few guidlines...

Be polite and respectful. Disagree by all means. No abusive behaviour. Have fun

Just for the record - any member who emotionally attacks another member will be immediately banned for 30 days until tempers cool down and to give the banned member the opportunity to see if it's time to change attitude or leave the Mists.

http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t11-welcome-posting-guidlines

To be fair I haven't seen Magamud violating any of these on this board .

Love from me
    mudra

Threecaster
    Threecaster

Post  Threecaster Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:37 pm

Huh...huh.huh..huh....

He said, huh..."proselytisation"

hu-huh-huh...

Ascension: Problems of a new religious movement - Page 4 Beavis-and-Butthead-Sistine-Chapel-Funny-Knock-Off
    Threecaster
    Threecaster

Post  Threecaster Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:39 pm

Here are some wise thoughts:

(from: http://mindprod.com/deepthoughts/wise.html)

Introduction
    These are some lessons I wish I had learned much earlier in life.

Ascension: Problems of a new religious movement - Page 4 Wise

The Lessons

You can’t look for a long term partner and a sexual encounter at the same time. You must look in different places, with different techniques. For example, in a place with loud music, it is impossible for a potential partner to get you know you. Someone just looking for sex does not care. As a general rule, the longer you postpone getting into bed, the longer your partner will hang around afterward.
    When you are young, you tend to seek the best looking partner. This attractiveness will be gone in a flash. Instead pick someone easy to live with who has no nerve-grating habits.
    There are three kinds of people:
    Those that like you naturally, or who would if they met you.
    Those that like you only while you are performing a mating dance with a steady stream of compliments, gifts, entertainments and undivided attention.
    Those that will never like you, including ones who had a relationship with you in the past and decided they did not like you after all.
    For the purposes of finding a suitable partner, studiously ignore anyone in category 2 or 3 no matter how attractive.

(More on the site)

oh, and I'll just leave THIS here..
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:25 am

mudra wrote:
    To be fair
    Love from me
    mudra

"I noticed you posted this when something similar happened on another thread
    Posts identified by the OP of a thread as spam shall be deleted... if there are other posts on this thread you consider as spam please identify them and they will be deleted along with the ones already taken care of.
    "

To be fair spamming other threads with irrelevant religious crap in a manner to divert from the original topic(i doubt he is a christaian anyway lol) is not the way to do things. This is the third thread I have started where this clown has employed such tactics and it is boring.
    Whether this particular spammer stayed within the rest of the forum guidlines as you pointed out is irrelevant Mudras.

If you read my post above again there should be consistency in dealing with repeated thread hijacking where the perpetrator can easily start their their own thread if they want to preach.

The best way to deal with this imo is moderation of ones own threads.
    It keeps trolling and spamming down to a bare minimum. The reason most forum administrators dont go for this option is that it takes away a certain amount of control from them and they are not comfortable with that.

However it is the closest anyone will ever get to a harmonious forum without the need for private registration. You would probably find that after a while the spammers would get frustrated and move on or at least have their religious seminars confined to their own thread which people could partake in or ignore at will. This system would also reduce the amount of bannings etc in a forum.

Its great to see this thread so off topic lol so clearly the tactic does work .

Threecaster
    Threecaster

Post  Threecaster Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:36 am

Ascension: Problems of a new religious movement - Page 4 HIJACK_onplane
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:40 pm

On our longing for salvation

by Matt Licata

We so badly want to help our friends, our co-workers, our parents, our children, and of course our selves, to feel better, to become more “awakened,” to feel less pain, to know more joy in life; to experience deeper levels of meaning, of fulfillment, of peace. This is so natural. We so badly want to tell all of our friends to try this or that meditation, to take on this or that new series of spiritual beliefs and superstitions; we so badly want to be one of the awakened ones who has come to liberate humanity. We want to be on the side of the divine, specially-selected to usher in a new age of love and enlightenment; freed from all of our past, our pain, and our worries—in one blast from some cosmic consciousness.

These stories are so compelling. They offer hope out of a life of boredom, unmetabolized hurt, undigested trauma, meaninglessness, and habitual resistance to this moment right now, exactly as it has been given. This frenetic movement away from embodied immediacy and into some other wildly fabulous “divine” state of consciousness is the very movement of suffering we are trying to free ourselves from.

It seems that many people these days are convinced that this “freedom from suffering” is coming for them soon, that soon they will be whisked away in some golden chariot of grace, taken into some transcendent realm, blasted into some new cosmic reality, where everything is accepted all of the time, where yucky emotional issues involving deep human intimacy no longer arise, where they’re served up plate after plate of divine nectar in the form of one sustained transcendent experience after the next.

But I’m hearing from many of you how exhausting this whole project has become, this heady rush into some 2012 fantasy of “me and my experiences”, this constant trying to ensure that you are one of the Lucky Few, one of the Special Ones (and it’s ironic that awakening and enlightenment and freedom from “me” have somehow become about “me” being “special”).

Many ancient and contemporary spiritual and religious teachings are filled with these fantasies, and they are so compelling because they do touch a very deep place in us that authentically and genuinely wants to go home… to finally, once and for all, rest our weary hearts in the center of our being.

Let us cultivate deep compassion for those who are waiting for freedom to come in the future! It is so very understandable that we look outside of present experience for home, and take on the most unbelievable spiritual superstitions and magical thinking, as these habits and patterns formed very early in the development of our sensitive little brains and nervous systems. We are so dependent upon others for our physical, emotional, and psychological survival. Many of us were simply not validated, seen, or held when we were little ones; we were not offered an empathic attuned environment where our own subjective experience could be metabolized in the intersubjective field of our early caregivers and ourselves. It’s so sweet, really, and so very understandable.

I really enjoy hearing from you all about what is going on in your lives and feel honored that you’re always so open in sharing with me. And I also find myself feeling sad at times—deeply vulnerable and broken-open and tender and fragile—when I hear how you are struggling to live up to some second-hand, constructed, conditioned spirituality that has been taken on in the hopes of being saved “one day”, as a way to avoid life as it is, in a way that is driven by longing and fear. The ego is so creative, so intelligent, so ingenious really. It has a way of inserting itself into any and all aspects of our lives, infusing every nook and cranny with its longing for specialness and a future salvation—including throughout the spiritual project of “me.”

The human journey, in all its perfection, in all its grace, in all its sweetness, and in all its pain - who would ever trade it in for any other? Call me crazy, but I’ll take radical humanness over the divine any day.

Love Always
    mudra

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 am