tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+30
Jenetta
oliverclay
Floyd
magamud
seekeroftruth
THEeXchanger
Owlsden
Beren
malletzky
Carol
Brook
Rasa
earthian
immortalisdolor
HigherLove
Sanicle
iysun
devakas
Anchor
eMonkey
TRANCOSO
spiritwarrior
greybeard
Nebula
Mercuriel
Balance
pedro m
truth and integrity
ClearWater
mudra
34 posters

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 28 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Post  mudra Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Eagle Chief (Letakos-Lesa) Pawnee

In the beginning of all things, wisdom and knowledge were with the animals, for Tirawa, the One Above, did not speak directly to man. He sent certain animals to tell men that he showed himself through the beast, and that from them, and from the stars and the sun and moon should man learn.. all things tell of Tirawa.
    All things in the world are two. In our minds we are two, good and evil. With our eyes we see two things, things that are fair and things that are ugly.... We have the right hand that strikes and makes for evil, and we have the left hand full of kindness, near the heart. One foot may lead us to an evil way, the other foot may lead us to a good. So are all things two, all two.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 28 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Post  mudra Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:58 am

Beyond Experiencing Tuesday 07/11/12 - Stan, Ramana and Bentinho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwU5bS-BLcg

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:34 pm

Bridging Heaven & Earth Show # 233 with Rassouli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVTVYQSuuRQ

Rassouli, a joyous and loving collaborator in the Bridging International Healing Art Project, is a visionary artist who has come to the attention of the international art world in recent years. What makes his art so unique is the way he translates spiritual experience from his subconscious onto canvas through meditation at sunrise. With vibrant hues, Rassouli produces joyful color blends and circular brushwork that create a timeless perspective. He calls his unique painting technique Fusionart, a style that Rassouli has created and registered and is presently teaching to many artists in Southern California.

Fusionart's main theme is cosmic unity. The painting style is derived from mysticism, near-eastern spirituality, and a foundation in European painting technology. Rassouli represents this concept through illumination of the Divine Creative Light coupled with its manifestation reflected on his canvas in the form of feminine power and beauty.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:38 pm

The problem is that direct experience of the divine be interpreted at all. Pure perception is universal, interpretation sets heaven and earth infinitely apart.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:09 pm

Beyond Experiencing Weekend Retreat in Asheville

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8a59gkb6R4

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Bentinho - Absolute Freedom and Playing with Reality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZu5bnabcfQ

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:12 pm

Laurie Moore - Buddha at the Gas Pump Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcDZZpuX-Lk

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:11 pm

That day I saw beneath dark clouds
    the passing light over the water
    and I heard the voice of the world speak out,
    I knew then, as I had before
    life is no passing memory of what has been
    nor the remaining pages in a great book
    waiting to be read.
    It is the opening of eyes long closed.
    It is the vision of far off things
    seen for the silence they hold.
    It is the heart after years
    of secret conversing
    speaking out loud in the clear air.

It is Moses in the desert
    fallen to his knees before the lit bush.
    It is the man throwing away his shoes
    as if to enter heaven
    and finding himself astonished,
    opened at last,
    fallen in love with solid ground.

-- David Whyte
    from Songs for Coming Home

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:15 pm

And so we make this radical commitment to never turn away. Grounded in an unshakeable knowing - that has nothing to do with thought's limited idea of certainty - that every sensation, every sound, every smell, every thought, every image, every possible feeling, is already deeply allowed to move and express in us, and recognizing ourselves as the warm oceanic embrace of all these waves, these beloved children of ourselves, we simply cease to doubt our boundless ability to face life and all it throws our way.

And if doubt does appear, and if a sense of 'my inability to face life' is what we're facing right now, we simply notice that even these waves are allowed in - already, timelessly allowed in the boundless capacity that we are.

And so, it's not so much that we have to commit to facing life, it's that the turning away hurts so much, and if we are honest, we long to no longer hurt. At the deepest core of our being, we are obviously already fully committed to never turning away, and we always have been. For we are life, and how can life actually turn away from itself?

Jeff Foster

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:44 pm

"Life will only take away from you what was never really 'yours' in the first place.
    Only your image of yourself can be smashed - never who you truly are.
    It's no wonder that the word 'crisis' does not mean 'disaster', but 'turning point'.
    Crisis is the invitation to newness."

Jeff Foster

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:10 pm

Equanimity is a spacious,
    vast, and even state of mind;
    it does not take sides.
    It's not about being untouched by the world,
    but letting go of fixed ideas.
    How else are we to develop compassion and loving-kindness
    for everyone and everything? Equanimity levels the playing field -
    we are not excluding anyone from our practice.

Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:18 pm

Bentinho - Absolute & Relative Freedom - The End of Being a Victim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3uuvf2MAbw

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:50 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 28 215px-Original_movie_poster_for_Being_There

Being There

Starring Peter Sellers and Shirley Mc Laine

Arrow http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/PV9-W70g7c4/

"LIFE IS A STATE OF MIND"

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:33 pm

THINK on THESE THINGS

By Joyce Sequichie Hifler

To be in harmony with others, we must be in tune with ourselves. This is not always a state of mind easily come by, but necessary and possible to those who truly want to put their best foot forward.

They must cultivate and recultivate the things that make peace within themselves. They must not only have faith, but they must depend upon it, drawing from it, energizing joy, love, and lightness of heart. They must know and understand the moods and manners of their coworkers and express to their colleagues their happiness and enthusiasm for the good things of life.

At times everyone has fits of uncertainty concerning their way of life. And it is gratifying to have someone capable of lifting us out of the blues and scattering the doldrums. But the job is mainly ours. We have to cross examine ourselves again and again to be sure there's nothing that will not contribute to our best self, or draw less than the best from others.

To be cooperative is not only beneficial to associations with others, but to our own health, peace, and happiness. Let there be peace and harmonyand let it begin with me.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:50 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 28 Erick_gerstner_sapa_vietnam_red_dzao_woman

THINK on THESE THINGS
    By Joyce Sequichie Hifler

If we could but read it, all human beings carry the marks of their character in the lines of their faces. The very expressions are etched there by habitual thought. The most beautiful features may be blank of expression, lacking depth of thought or understanding, while the plainest face may be lighted with a radiance only sincerity and inner beauty can produce.

Alexander Smith was a Scottish poet who wrote, "On your features the fine chisels of thought and emotion are eternally at work."

No pretense can hide the thoughts and feelings. The narrowed eyes of suspicion and discontent tattle, while serenity and devotion to others can reveal such beauty of spirit that the shape of the face is forgotten.

"In thy face I see the map of honor, truth, and loyalty," wrote Shakespeare, and it is safe to say that being able to see those things in another's face is an assurance that he also had such a face. To see only avarice and selfishness in every expression turned to us is to know that our own expressions lack something to be desired.

Life does not have to be full of ease to reflect beauty. Some of the most beautiful faces in history have not had eyes to see nor voices to move their lips, but have possessed peace and serenity that only faith could render.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:55 pm

Native Wisdom-Renewing the Sacred Hoop

"Without spiritual foundation there can be no society. Without spiritual practice confusion reigns. Even the softest prayer sends vibrations of prayer moving through the air, just as the guitar strings stir the piano's song. To call forth the voice and to sing in joy and harmony, to let the beauty flow in our hearts, is something all of our elders have talked about, saying to us, "Let us pray together, let us do things together,"...When we join our hearts in prayer, in singing, in sacred dancing, in planting things together, we are returning something to the Earth, planting seeds of good cause...The qualities of laughter, joy, and sorrow and our thoughts and actions weave the tapestry of life. Spiritual practice transforms ideas of conflict and develops perception of ourselves and the universe as energies, tones, complementary aspects seeking balance and resolution. There is a song in our hearts as a community of human beings...The song is of planetary peace, planetary cooperation. It is calling each of us to transform conflicting emotions, to reveal the inherent beatitude. Speak the best of yourself and others, recognize process and change and affirm the healing power of peaceful thought. Realize that our thoughts and actions shape tomorrow...Our hearts and the heart of the Earth are one."
    An Excerpt from Voices of our Ancestors

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Francis Bennett - Buddha at the Gas Pump Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-7FE6Qs2Hs

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:21 am

I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organised; nor should any organisation be formed to lead or coerce people along any particular path. If you first understand that, then you will see how impossible it is to organise a belief. A belief is purely an individual matter, and you cannot and must not organise it. If you do, it becomes dead, crystallised; it becomes a creed, a sect, a religion, to be imposed on others.

This is what everyone throughout the world is attempting to do. Truth is narrowed down and made a plaything for those who are weak, for those who are only momentarily discontented. Truth cannot be brought down, rather the individual must make the effort to ascend to it. You cannot bring the mountain-top to the valley....

Krishnamurti

Arrow http://bernie.cncfamily.com/k_pathless.htm

Love Always
    mudra
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:59 am

Jesus said, "Show me the stone that the builders rejected: that is the keystone."
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:15 am

magamud wrote:Jesus said, "Show me the stone that the builders rejected: that is the keystone."

What you resist you get

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:40 pm

Howard Falco - Buddha at the Gas Pump Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYtclL1fb8I

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:31 am

"True healing has nothing to do with 'you'. It reveals itself when 'you' - the apparent controller of life, the one who thinks they know all the answers - get out of the way, and the vast, incomprehensible intelligence energy that is life itself is allowed to move freely. 'You' cannot heal or get healed, for true healing is prior to the healer and the healed. True healing is the absence of a separate 'you' - and this absence we could also call love."

- Jeff Foster

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:37 am

David R. Hawkins - Stop Taking Events In The World Personally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBA_22gatyU

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:22 am

BE PASSIONATELY ALIVE
    by Jeff Foster

They used to say, "follow your dreams", "fulfil your destiny", "achieve your life's purpose", "listen to your heart's true desire", "follow your passion", and I never knew what the hell they meant.

So I compromised and settled for less than what was possible and worked in jobs where I felt half-alive and so, so far from the wonder of existence. Life and creativity and adventure and passion wanted to burst out of me, but I had no idea how to facilitate or release them, and besides, I was too terrified to unleash these energies lest they disrupt the status quo too much... or destroyed me completely.

I said to myself, "a life of adventure is not possible for little old me. I'm too introverted, too afraid, too weak, too ugly, not intelligent enough, not brave enough..."

I comforted myself with spiritual concepts like 'there is no choice', 'all is One', and 'everything is predestined' and lived each day waiting for the evenings, the 'remains of the day', when I could breathe again and be authentically myself for a few brief moments.

What was my destiny? What did my heart really want? What was my life's purpose? Where was my passion? I didn't know where to begin. Everyone else seemed to have answers, and I had none. What was wrong with me?

I felt numb and bored in my jobs, but at least I felt safe. I was hiding from possibility but at least money was coming in. I 'fit in', and I had a solid story about myself that I could regurgitate in polite conversation. But there was no risk in it. I was half dead, and only in my twenties. I often thought of suicide. At least then I'd feel alive, if only for a few moments.

What to do with this one precious, fleeting gift of life? That is the question. To be, or not to be, or to be but only half-heatedly, living out of the 'shoulds' of others?

And the answer is simple, because life is short. Do whatever makes you feel passionately alive. Find a way - however much you have to struggle at first - of making a living from truly living. Honour your unique talents and abilities. Do what moves you and connects you to the deepest truth of yourself. Trust prosperity and passion over profit and comfort and the approval of others, because all the approval in the world is empty if it is for something your heart was never really in.

Breaking out of the known can be terrifying, and you may lose what you thought was yours, and your trusted images of yourself may melt in the fire of newness, and you may face fear and trembling, uncertainty and doubt, rejection and even ridicule. You may have to learn the hard way to open yourself up to more pain and life may become more uncomfortable than ever... that is, until you fall in love with the deep comfort of insecurity, and the security of doing what makes life worth living.

You will be swimming in the unknown, but you will be vast and alive. You will feel life running through your veins once again - as it did when you were young and you hadn't yet settled for a life of compromise and clock watching and justifications for your quiet desperation - and you will channel this aliveness back into creation, and the cycle of prosperity will keep flowing, and yes, you may even make a good living, better than expected.

But however much money you make, or don't make, you will be making a unique contribution to the world, doing something that nobody else can do, at least not in the same way as you, creating something original and fresh, giving something back to life, honouring your total uniqueness and your own talents, and so you won't feel second hand, a slave to others, a piece of wood, and a deep trust of life may replace your fears of failure and poverty, and your cynicism and jealousy of others may die completely.

Sometimes you will doubt what you are doing, and you may romanticise the old days when things were easier and more predictable, but then you will suddenly remember that the old way was false and never worked for you and that's why everything had to change.

Yes, it's a risk to donate your life to what you love and what moves you and brings you joy, but I can only speak from experience and say that it's absolutely worth it, because having a comfortable and predictable life pales in comparison to feeling deeply, passionately alive and meeting each new day with fresh eyes and an open heart.

If, many years ago, someone had told me that one day I'd be traveling the world, holding meetings and retreats, speaking my intimate truth in front of people I'd never met before, having published several books which had been translated into several languages, I would have laughed out loud - perhaps in disbelief, or perhaps out of the fear of the overwhelming vastness of life's possibilities.

Honour this life that is trying to express itself in and as and through you. You are not nearly as limited as you may have been led to believe by those who have not yet come alive.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:47 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 28 Hq_8_211

Love Always
    mudra

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:34 am