tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+30
Jenetta
oliverclay
Floyd
magamud
seekeroftruth
THEeXchanger
Owlsden
Beren
malletzky
Carol
Brook
Rasa
earthian
immortalisdolor
HigherLove
Sanicle
iysun
devakas
Anchor
eMonkey
TRANCOSO
spiritwarrior
greybeard
Nebula
Mercuriel
Balance
pedro m
truth and integrity
ClearWater
mudra
34 posters

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 27 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Post  mudra Thu May 17, 2012 3:42 pm

"There is a locked vault containing everything you've ever longed for -
    all the riches of the universe. You spend your life trying to open the vault -
    through struggling, striving, meditating, transcending, guru-worshipping,
    believing, rejecting, accepting, praying, self-enquiring, yoga-ing, and so on and so on.

Finally, exhausted, you give up trying to open the vault.....
    and that's when the vault opens by itself. It was never locked in the first place.

What's inside the vault? This moment, exactly as it is."

- Jeff Foster

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 27 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Post  mudra Thu May 17, 2012 5:21 pm

Beyond The 'Now': The Miracle of This Moment - with Jeff Foster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki-zrVOYfHY

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue May 22, 2012 6:21 am

Unity Consciousness, Part 1 of 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5EDktQz5cM

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri May 25, 2012 11:16 am

The Amazing Power of Being Present

‘Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet.’ ~Thich Nhat Hahn

How can you bring calm and peace to the middle of a stress-ful, chaotic day?
    The answer is simple, though not always so easy to put into practice: learn to be present.
    No matter how out-of-control your day is, no matter how stressful your job or life becomes, the act of being present can become an oasis. It can change your life, and it’s incredibly simple.

When I asked people what things prevent them from having a peaceful day, some of the responses:

Work, the internet, my own lizard brain.
    Social media and other digital distractions.
    For me it’s too many things coming at me all at once. Whether it’s news, or decisions, or work to be done.
    My four children.
    Dishes, Laundry, Kids.
    Needless interruptions.
    Lack of control. I work in IT, and often “urgent” things will come up that need to be investigated/fixed right away (their definition, not necessarily mine).
    My own monkey mind.

The amazing thing: all of these problems can be solved by one technique. Being Present.

How Being Present Solves Problems

When you look at all of the problems above, you can see if you look closely that the problems are entirely in the mind. Sure, there are external forces at work: an uncontrollable job, the stress of kids and chores and interruptions and digital distractions. But it’s how our mind handles those external forces that is the problem.
    If you are completely present, the external forces are no longer a problem, because there is only you and that external force, in this moment, and not a million other things you need to worry about.

If your kid interrupts you, you can stress out because you have other things to worry about and now your kid is adding to your worries or interrupting your calm. Or you can be present, and there is then only you and the child. You can appreciate that child for who she is, and be grateful you have this moment with her.

If your job demands that you focus on an urgent task, you can stress out because you have a million other things to do and not enough time to do them. Or you can be present, and focus completely on that task, and now there is only that one task and you. When you’re done, you can move on to the next task.

Social media and other digital distractions don’t interrupt us if we close them and learn to pour ourselves completely into the present task. And if we need to do email, Twitter, or read blogs, we can set aside everything else and just be present with that one digital task.

Being present becomes, then, a way to handle any problem, any distraction, any stressor. It allows everything else to fade away, leaving only you and whatever you’re dealing with right now.

How to Practice Being Present

The method for being present is fairly simple, but it’s the practice that matters most.
    Most people don’t learn to be present because they don’t practice, not because it’s so hard to do.
    When you practice something regularly, you become good at it. It becomes more a mode of being rather than a task on your to-do or someday list.
    Practice, practice, and being present will become natural.

Here’s how to do it: whatever you’re doing, right now, learn to focus completely on doing that one thing. Pay attention: to every aspect of what you’re doing, to your body, to the sensations, to your thoughts.
    You will notice your thoughts, if you’re paying attention, jump to other things. That’s OK — you are not trying to force all other thoughts from your mind. But by becoming aware of that jumping around in your thoughts, you have found the tool for gently bringing yourself back to your present task. Just notice the jumping thoughts, and lovingly come back.
    Do this once, then do it again. Don’t worry about how many times you must do it. Just do it now.

It can become tiring at first, if you’re not used to it. Don’t worry about that. Let yourself rest if you grow tired. Come back and practice again in a little while. It’s not meant to be exhausting — instead you should notice how your worries melt away and you enjoy your present task much more.

Be joyful in whatever you’re doing, grateful that you’re able to do that task, and fully appreciate every little movement and tactile sensation of the task. You’ll learn that anything can be an amazing experience, anything can be a miracle.
    Practice throughout your day, every day. Little “mindfulness bells” are useful to remind you to come back to the present. Thich Nhat Hanh once recommended that stoplights be your mindfulness bell as you drive. You can find mindfulness bells everywhere: your child’s voice, your co-workers appearing before you, a regular event on your computer, the noise of traffic.

Meditation is a fantastic way to practice, only because it removes much of the complexity of the world and allows you to just learn to be aware of your mind, and to bring yourself back to the present moment. It’s not complicated: meditation can be done anywhere, anytime. A meditation teacher is useful if you can find one.

Practice, repeatedly, in small easy beautiful steps. Each step is a wonder in itself, and each practice helps you to find that calm in the middle of the traffic of your life.

‘Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis
    on which the world earth revolves – slowly, evenly, without
    rushing toward the future. Live the actual moment.
    Only this moment is life.’ ~Thich Nhat Hanh

http://zenhabits.net/mindful/

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue May 29, 2012 3:54 pm

The Wordless Place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lu7_3QjEZc

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 30, 2012 5:39 pm

Perhaps we need to learn how to fight -- without getting mad...

Orthodoxymoron

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:27 pm

Life without a center - Jeff Foster, The Netherlands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca0-C0xeL6g

Love Always
    mudra
    seekeroftruth
    seekeroftruth

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 27 Empty re "The Amazing Power Of Being Present"

Post  seekeroftruth Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:35 am

Hello and Thankyou for such a helpful description of the truly amazing power of being present Mudra. I struggle with the many interruptions that you mentioned especially at home. Just today repairing a school uniform and trying to advise my youngest on her maths homework- until I stopped sewing and fully concentrated on her I wasnt doing a good job with either.

In my work I become naturally fully absorbed with what I am doing (community nurse) this I find brings me much joy and satisfaction. I notice however that between clients when driving the stress starts to build, I feel it happening- I knew it was because of the many points of focus in my wandering mind. On my most recent day I was gifted with a most beautiful intermittent sound as I drove- the finest musical tingling of a bell in my right ear and each time it tingled it stopped my mind in its tracks saying one thing at a time and everything will come to pass as it should.

Love seekeroft Flowers
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:03 am

I am glad that post was inspiring to you seekeroftruth and contributed to bring some peace through your days.
    I appreciate you sharing this with me Cheerful

Much Love for You
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:41 pm

My Thoughts on J.K. Rowling's Great Speech - Tsem Tulku Rinpoche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipsfRzC3X10

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Nirmala - Buddha at the Gas Pump Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCcxaIRXc5k

After a lifetime of spiritual seeking, Nirmala met his teacher, Neelam, a devotee of H.W.L. Poonja (Papaji). She convinced him that seeking wasn't necessary; and after experiencing a profound spiritual awakening in India, he began offering satsang and Nondual Spiritual Mentoring with Neelam's blessing. This tradition of spiritual wisdom has been most profoundly disseminated by Ramana Maharshi, a revered Indian saint, who was Papaji's teacher. Nirmala's perspective was also profoundly expanded by his friend and teacher Adyashanti.

Nirmala offers satsang in gratitude for the love and grace that flow through his teachers, Neelam and Adyashanti, and for the Truth brought to this world by Ramana Maharshi and H.W.L. Poonja. Advaita satsang is offered as a celebration of the possibility, in every moment, of recognizing the truth of who we are. Nirmala offers a unique vision and a gentle, compassionate approach, which adds to this rich tradition of inquiry into the truth of Being.

"What is appealing about Nirmala is his humility and lack of pretense, which welcomes whatever arises within the field of experience. In the midst of this welcoming is always an invitation to inquire deeply within, to the core of who and what you are. Again and again, Nirmala points the questions back to the questioner and beyond to the very source of existence itself-to the faceless awareness that holds both the question and the questioner in a timeless embrace." - From the foreword by Adyashanti, spiritual teacher and author of Emptiness Dancing, to Nirmala's book, Nothing Personal: Seeing Beyond The Illusion Of A Separate Self.

"Nirmala is a genuine and authentic spiritual teacher, who points with great clarity to the simplicity and wonder of nondual presence." -- Joan Tollifson, Advaita spiritual teacher and author of Awake in the Heartland

Nirmala lives in Sedona, Arizona with his wife, Gina, and their two corgis, Bodhi and Gracie. Contact Nirmala by using the contact form here. Read an interview with Nirmala here. More information about Gina and her books, including Radical Happiness: A Guide to Awakening, is available on radicalhappiness.com.

More of Nirmala's books:

That Is That: Essays About True Nature
    Gifts With No Giver: A Love Affair With Truth
    Living From The Heart
    Meeting the Mystery: Exploring the Aware Presence at the Heart of All Life

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:59 pm

Yogi Amrit Desai - Buddha at the Gas Pump Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIDOyx3wHkM

Yogi Amrit Desai is internationally recognized for carrying the deeper meaning and experience of yoga to people around the globe. He has been teaching since 1960 and is the author of many writings on the profound depth and transformational power of yoga as it relates to health, personal growth and interpersonal relationships. He is the originator of Kripalu Yoga and the Integrative Amrit Methods® (IAM) of Yoga, Yoga Nidra, and Quantum Breath Meditation, practiced and taught by thousands worldwide. His teachings are universal, experiential and easily adaptable by anyone, regardless of religious or cultural tradition.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:44 pm

Igor Kufayev - 2nd Buddha at the Gas Pump Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a4pijQQD0s

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Martine Batchelor 'Clap. Where Did The Sound Go?' Interview by Renate McNay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5nprdo4HbU

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:52 am

No storm lasts forever - Dr Terry Gordon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlXDlNCKoyQ

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Jill Bolte Taylor part 1/4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fIZ6bnJGek

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:05 am

Acting on and witnessing myriad things with the burden of oneself is delusion.
    Acting on and witnessing oneself in the advent of myriad things is enlightenment.

Zen master Dogen

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:33 pm

"We can travel a long way and do many things, but our deepest happiness is not born from accumulating new experiences. it is born from letting go of what is unnecessary, and knowing ourselves to be always at home."

- Sharon Salzberg

Love Always
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:55 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 27 10

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:14 pm

Strange is our situation here upon earth. Each of us comes for a short visit, not knowing why, yet sometimes seeming to a divine purpose. From the standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: That we are here for the sake of others. . . for the countless unknown souls with whose fate we are connected by a bond of sympathy.
    Many times a day, I realize how much my outer and inner life is built upon the labors of people, both living and dead, and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received.

--Albert Einstein

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:27 pm

its Loove and harmonix which can replace this concept of law/order!!!

And thestep is integrity learned through harmonic upbringing and Self-response-ability to share freedom.

Eartheart

love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:24 am

"Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution."

- Khalil Gibran

Love Always
    mudra
    Beren
    Beren

Post  Beren Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:39 am

mudra wrote:"Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution."

- Khalil Gibran

Love Always
    mudra

When Love decides ,who will be against?
    When fate calls are not returned ,Love send emissaries in many forms ...

:)
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:08 pm

Thank You for your visit dear Beren

Flowers

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:08 pm

Black Elk Oglala Sioux Holy Man

1863-1950

You have noticed that everything as Indian does is in a circle, and that is because the Power of the World always works in circles, and everything tries to be round..... The Sky is round, and I have heard that the earth is round like a ball, and so are all the stars. The wind, in its greatest power, whirls. Birds make their nest in circles, for theirs is the same religion as ours....
    Even the seasons form a great circle in their changing, and always come back again to where they were. The life of a man is a circle from childhood to childhood, and so it is in everything where power moves.

Love Always
    mudra

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:07 am