tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+15
blue roller
Pris
magamud
Aquaries1111
Chimpsky
orthodoxymoron
Jenetta
lawlessline
Floyd
mudra
Sanicle
Crazee
burgundia
Carol
devakas
19 posters

Calling All Carnivores

Poll

Are you vegetarian?

[ 11 ]
    eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 5 Bar_left55%eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 5 Bar_right [55%] 
    [ 9 ]
    eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 5 Bar_left45%eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 5 Bar_right [45%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Chimpsky
    Chimpsky

eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 5 Empty Re: Calling All Carnivores

Post  Chimpsky Tue May 15, 2012 11:38 am

Floyd wrote:
    They actually come from specially harvested reptilians.

The all new repto burger quarter pounder with relish and a crispy repto bacon slice in a rye bun with salad.

Buy the new Repto Unhappy meal and get a free plastic repto toy.

People will believe in anything these days Chimpers.

They certainly will Floydy boy Laugh

[quote]Anthropologists have traced the origins of each blood type. The earliest human blood type was type O. Since these people were ancient hunter-gatherers and ate a diet dominated by meat, blood type O individuals developed antibodies against the lectins found in agricultural foods such as wheat and other grains. Dr. D’Adamo suggests that individuals with type O blood should eat a diet more similar to their ancient ancestors—that is a diet with more meats and fewer grains

Crikey ! I have an intolerance to grains, as well as yeast, soya & cow related dairy products..

As for the zionist /satanist sacrifice element, there is a lot out there on this, but its rather grizzly & possibly letigious Shocked
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue May 15, 2012 12:12 pm

burgundia wrote:Each person should listen to their own body and eat what he/she feels is good for them.

I completely agree with you Burgundia.However considering the quantity of poisoned and processed food available nowadays I believe it has become very hard for people to know what's good for them.Being sick and various body aches have become part of normality today when actually it should be rare occasion even nonexistent at all. What we take in as food and how much natural it is plays a big role in this I believe.

Love from me
    mudra
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Tue May 15, 2012 1:58 pm

mudra wrote:
    burgundia wrote:Each person should listen to their own body and eat what he/she feels is good for them.

I completely agree with you Burgundia.However considering the quantity of poisoned and processed food available nowadays I believe it has become very hard for people to know what's good for them.Being sick and various body aches have become part of normality today when actually it should be rare occasion even nonexistent at all. What we take in as food and how much natural it is plays a big role in this I believe.

Love from me
    mudra

Avoiding processed food should be number one in any diet. Yes, we are being poisoned on a large scale...and so many people getting sick with cancer it is unbelievable. And among them so many young people, even children.
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue May 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Sanicle wrote: Out of deference to the vegetarians in this forum I did take on the guilt-trip some have chosen to instil in we meat-eaters.

Im not sure that is the case. Sanicle nearly all of my friends and family eat meat and their dietary habits do not effect what I think of them, In fact there is nothing worse than a militant vegetarian telling everybody what to eat.

There are some old Tibetan stories how an old saint ate a fish then regurgitated the bones and brought it back to life. Symbolic of course.

There are different paths and we all take them. I for one see the violence in the slaughter houses and the mammoth waste on the fish ships as unnecessary and that the process involved from herding to capture to death is not the way forward.

Not all Buddhists and Hindus are vegetarian but that is not the point. I think there is an ocean of difference between picking some dandelions and the conscious termination of sentient beings with organs, consciousness and brains.

That is just an opinion however and it does not effect how I view another person because we all have to furnish our requirements based on ones beliefs and dietary needs.

If vegetarianism didnt work for you than that's your life and that's groovey but I do think that willing non cruelty to animals can be conducive to understanding the nature of being on this planet. In that sense it can be a spiritual doorway. Cruelty should be avoided no?

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Wed May 16, 2012 9:27 am

My dear Mudra. Thank you for your support as per...
    I believe there is no reason you should feel guilty at all Sanicle.
    Dr Adamo's research on diet and blood types sheds indeed quite a bit of Light
    on the reason people may not feel well eating some types of food.
    Your own experience with going vegetarian and experience adverse symptoms with it
    tells me you probably are of a blood type where meat consumption is advised. See for yourself below...
    but I'm afraid that study doesn't apply to me as I'm blood type A+, which means I should be a vegetarian according to Dr Adamo. Neutral

I'm more inclined to agree with Burgundia...
    Each person should listen to their own body and eat what he/she feels is good for them.

Or, if you want to get scientific about it, doctors who've put time into studying the subject seem to agree that Nutritional Typing according to each person's metabolism works better. Actually, according to that one, I'm supposd to be an omnivore. See here for a free test you can do to find out which is best for you (reader) if you're so inclined:
    http://products.mercola.com/nutritional-typing/

Still on the scientific bent, here's another page that vegetarians should possibly read that may do them a service if they are not thriving on it.
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2000/04/02/vegetarian-myths.aspx
    Here's an interesting excerpt from that page..
    MYTH #7:

Vegetarians live longer and have more energy and endurance than meat-eaters.

Surprising as it may seem, some prior studies have shown the annual all-causedeath rate of vegetarian men to be slightly more than that of non-vegetarian men (0.93% vs 0.89%). Similarly, the annual all-cause death rate of vegetarian women was shown to be significantly higher than that of non-vegetarian women (0.86% vs 0.54%). (40)

Russell Smith, PhD, referred to in myth # 5, in his authoritative study on heart disease, showed that as animal product consumption increased among some study groups, death rates decreased! Such results were not obtained among vegetarian subjects. For example, in a study published by Burr and Sweetnam in 1982, analysis of mortality data revealed that, although vegetarians had a slightly (.11%) lower rate of heart disease than non-vegetarians, the all-cause death rate was much HIGHER for vegetarians (41).

It is usually claimed that the lives of predominantly meat-eating peoples are short-lived, but the Aborigines of Australia, who traditionally eat a diet rich in animal products, are known for their longevity (at least before colonisation by Europeans). Within Aboriginal society, there is a special caste of the elderly (42). Obviously, if no old people existed, no such group would have existed. In his book Nutrition and Physical Degeneration, Dr. Price has numerous photographs of elderly native peoples from around the world (42). Explorers such as Vilhjalmur Stefansson reported great longevity among the Inuit (again, before colonisation). (43)

Similarly, the Russians of the Caucasus mountains live to great ages on a diet of fatty pork and whole milk products. The Hunzas, also known for their robust health and longevity, eat substantial portions of goat's milk which has a higher saturated fat content than cow's milk (44). In contrast, the largely vegetarian inhabitants of southern India have the shortest life-spans in the world (45). Dr Weston Price, DDS, travelled around the world in the 1920s and 1930s, investigating native diets. Without exception, he found a strong correlation among diets rich in animal fats, with robust health and athletic ability. Special foods for Swiss athletes, for example, included bowls of fresh, raw cream! In Africa, Dr Price discovered that groups whose diets were rich in fatty fish and organ meats, like liver, consistently carried off the prizes in athletic contests, and that meat-eating tribes always dominated peoples whose diets were largely vegetarian (42).

It is popular in sports nutrition to recommend "carb loading" for athletes, to increase their endurance levels. But recent studies done in New York and South Africa show that the opposite is true: athletes who "carb loaded" had significantly less endurance than those who "fat loaded" before athletic events (46).

And lastly, dear Floyd. You said:
    If vegetarianism didnt work for you than that's your life and that's groovey but I do think that willing non cruelty to animals can be conducive to understanding the nature of being on this planet. In that sense it can be a spiritual doorway. Cruelty should be avoided no?
    Of COURSE cruelty should be avoided whenever and wherever possible. As I stated on another thread I was deeply depressed for 10+ years, suicidally at times, over the cruelty on this planet and mostly to animals and children....innocents, as I see them. It's the one thing I hate the most here.

From my first post on this thread also:
    To my mind, the ethical concerns re eating meat or anything else is the wish and hope that those beings don't suffer too much when they are killed as food, and I put time and money into trying to put a stop to those who are cruel to animals.

Again, to each his own. I love you
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun May 20, 2012 1:29 pm

maybe there is a kingdom of variety of flowers, kingdom of variety of animals and variety of humans. logical, yes or it is something unique in nature?

we have a beautiful kingdom of birds, think about from swans and nightinghales and those who come after lions had feast. just thinking.

devakas

sunny
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Thu May 31, 2012 2:17 pm

Is there beef in Vedas?

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu May 31, 2012 3:07 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu May 31, 2012 4:36 pm

There is variety indeed in all these kingdoms devakas.
    Maybe variety is there to help us look and see and learn beyond our mere selves.
    See unity in diversity.

sunny

Love from me
    mudra

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Thu May 31, 2012 4:45 pm

May I look upon everyone and not only human beings with friendly eyes?

Yajurveda 36.18
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:45 pm

burgundia wrote:I wish there was a solution...even if we stop, our pets won't.

Straw-Eating Lions and Vegetarian Cats
    from the April 14, 2009

A cat in Tasburgh, England, has become relatively famous for his peculiar cuisine choices; he refuses to eat meat. Since his owner Becky Page rescued the starved kitten from an alley two years ago, she has only been able to get him to eat fruits and vegetables. Cat experts are befuddled by this vegetarian feline, but kitty Dante may not be so strange after all. Perhaps Dante is simply a genetic throwback to the days before the Flood and a precursor to what carnivores will be like in the Millennium.

After Becky Page, 21, brought home little Dante two years ago, she proceeded to try to fatten him on chicken and fish and tuna. Dante just turned up his nose at the stuff. Instead, he chowed down on a dish of leftover vegetables he found near her kitchen garbage. Now Dante only eats fruits and vegetables, which Page raises herself. He won't touch canned cat food.

Dante's tastes go beyond mere finicky feline syndrome; he simply should not exist. Cats do not usually have the choice to go vegan because they are obligate carnivores. That is, they must eat meat to survive. Felines have a high protein requirement, and they need certain nutrients like taurine and cobalamin (Vitamin B12) which come from meat. Cats are the only mammals incapable of synthesizing the organic acid taurine and must obtain it from animal flesh or supplements. Without sufficient taurine, cats can eventually lose hair and teeth, develop heart disease, and go blind. While meat is its best source, Vitamin B12 can also be found in eggs and milk, and is necessary for the healthy functioning of the brain and nervous system. A cat simply cannot thrive on a vegan diet.

Dante is therefore an aberration in the Cat Family. "I admit he has a very, very unique appetite," Page acknowledged, "but he's certainly healthy."

Sarah Medway, who runs a web site dedicated to cat behavior, said "I have never heard of a purely vegetarian cat. Nutritionally cats need to eat meat to survive.”

Yet, Dante is not absolutely alone. Many years ago, Georges and Margaret Westbeau of western Washington adopted a newborn lioness they named Little Tyke. When it was time to wean her, the Westbeaus were surprised that the growing cub refused to eat meat. She'd reject milk if it had even a drop of blood in it

read on: Arrow http://www.khouse.org/enews_article/2009/1449/print/

Love Always
    mudra
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:48 pm

Thanks mudra for that article...so there is hope..Wink

I wish my cat would eat eggs and drink milk. However I got him when he was 9 years old with certain eating habits. It is easier to start with kittens. You can teach then to eat eggs, cheese, drink milk, etc.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:21 pm

burgundia wrote:Thanks mudra for that article...so there is hope..Wink

I wish my cat would eat eggs and drink milk. However I got him when he was 9 years old with certain eating habits. It is easier to start with kittens. You can teach then to eat eggs, cheese, drink milk, etc.

There is always room for hope burgundia :)
    I noticed that sharing bits of my own vegetarian meals with my cats and dog opened their taste for it.
    They eat own food in their bowl but patiently wait for what I prepare for myself and enjoy bits and pieces of it . If I don't pay attention to it the cats even take liberty to grab stuff from my plate with their paws.

Love from me
    mudra
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:25 am

eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 5 Screen10
    Aquaries1111
    Aquaries1111

Post  Aquaries1111 Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:02 am

I must admit I really do enjoy my sizzling steaks on the barbecue... after seeing that picture Devakas I may just have to become a vegetarian... Think it's too late to be forgiven of any ignorance? I'd much rather raise my own cattle with Love and then eat them but I no longer live in Scotland so I have to make do with the best I have here.. and I did "yum" over my steaks when I ate them to raise the vibrations.. The intent was good.. isn't that what really matters?

burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:42 am

Aquaries1111 wrote:. and I did "yum" over my steaks when I ate them to raise the vibrations.. The intent was good.. isn't that what really matters?

especially for that cow that you were eating...
    Aquaries1111
    Aquaries1111

Post  Aquaries1111 Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:56 am

burgundia wrote:
    Aquaries1111 wrote:. and I did "yum" over my steaks when I ate them to raise the vibrations.. The intent was good.. isn't that what really matters?

especially for that cow that you were eating...

Well isn't that where steaks come from?
    Aquaries1111
    Aquaries1111

Post  Aquaries1111 Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:57 am

I also do the same with my lamb chops.. "Yum"
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:10 am

devakas wrote:eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 5 Screen10
    alien alien alien Insanely Happy
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:08 am

Not all aliens eat humans you will be comforted to know.

Lolerz
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:25 am

Aquaries1111 wrote:I also do the same with my lamb chops.. "Yum"

OMG. You are so spiritual, I am really impressed.
    Aquaries1111
    Aquaries1111

Post  Aquaries1111 Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:01 am

burgundia wrote:

Spiritual... "Yum"
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:43 am

Aquaries1111 wrote:
    burgundia wrote:

Spiritual... "Yum"

“To a man whose mind is free there is something even more intolerable in the sufferings of animals than in the sufferings of man. For with the latter it is at least admitted that suffering is evil and that the man who causes it is a criminal. But thousands of animals are uselessly butchered every day without a shadow of remorse. If any man were to refer to it, he would be thought ridiculous. And that is the unpardonable crime.” (v)
    Romain Rolland,
    Nobel Prize Literature 1915
    Aquaries1111
    Aquaries1111

Post  Aquaries1111 Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:45 am

burgundia wrote:
    Aquaries1111 wrote:
    burgundia wrote:

Spiritual... "Yum"

“To a man whose mind is free there is something even more intolerable in the sufferings of animals than in the sufferings of man. For with the latter it is at least admitted that suffering is evil and that the man who causes it is a criminal. But thousands of animals are uselessly butchered every day without a shadow of remorse. If any man were to refer to it, he would be thought ridiculous. And that is the unpardonable crime.” (v)
    Romain Rolland,

Judging anything is a crime.. If it makes one feel better and look better as a "spiritual" to "announce" to the world they are vegetarian surely they the ones that will go to Heaven? Wondering..
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:03 am

Aquaries1111 wrote:
    burgundia wrote:
    Aquaries1111 wrote:
    burgundia wrote:

Spiritual... "Yum"

Romain Rolland,

Judging anything is a crime..

Oh really?
    I thought that there was a comandment:Thou shall not kill.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:10 am