tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+15
blue roller
Pris
magamud
Aquaries1111
Chimpsky
orthodoxymoron
Jenetta
lawlessline
Floyd
mudra
Sanicle
Crazee
burgundia
Carol
devakas
19 posters

Calling All Carnivores

Poll

Are you vegetarian?

[ 11 ]
    eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 3 Bar_left55%eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 3 Bar_right [55%] 
    [ 9 ]
    eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 3 Bar_left45%eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 3 Bar_right [45%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Floyd
    Floyd

eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 3 Empty Re: Calling All Carnivores

Post  Floyd Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:20 am

Yes experiments have been done to measure pain on plants but they do not have brains and have no consciousness in the same way humans and animals do.

Some Jains are extreme and wear a gauze so they dont breathe in insects and sweep the floor before them as not to trod unwittingly on some minuscule fly or unfortunate beetle. Some even starve themselves to death.

As im unable to feed on prana or become a breatharian I try to do my best.
    So for me its a matter of degree and a bit of a damage limitation exercise whilst excepting it is impossible to live without terminating the existence of something else.

I will readily except any karmic collateral damage for accidentally squashing a snail or intently chewing on some salad but will take some comfort from not intently munching on a Mcdonalds or duck l'orange.

We are all flawed but there are ways we can mitigate damage by the intentional non consumption of animals. Its a good starting point.

Perhaps in the future then, one will have the possibility of being fortunate enough to live on prana or given the possibility to exist on some planet where breatharianism is the order of the day.

Last edited by Floyd on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:30 am

Today they have delivered vegetarian dry food I have ordered for my cat. I was wondering what his reaction to the new food would be. You know what? he strted eating it without thinking twice. And it is cheaper than that special FIBER ERSPONSE ROYAL CANIN cat food. He needs fiber in order to "go to the bathroom" regularly. I'll see how the vegetarian food works for him. It smells quite good Very Happy ( of course geared towards a cat's taste).
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:33 am

Sanicle wrote:That's just it Floyd, plants are sentient. Here's a link to just one of many websites that say so, all based on scientific research. Books have been written on it too.

http://www.viewzone.com/plants.html

And please don't mistake me, I'm NOT arguing for killing ANYTHING. I just accepted long ago that the only way not to kill for a human is to become a breatharian or die. But, bloody hell, there's even microrganisms in the air we breathe and the water we drink. They are lifeforms too. So maybe death is the only answer to living a purely harmless life. In this reality anyway.

Oh, and Lawlessline, I loved your story about the seal and the shark. I've heard other such stories too and love to think this is the way it really is.

If I have to kill to eat, I would rather "kill" a plant...

I still think that the cherry tree in my father's garden will have nothing against me for eating cherries, her children.
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:38 am

burgundia wrote:Today they have delivered vegetarian dry food I have ordered for my cat. I was wondering what his reaction to the new food would be. You know what? he strted eating it without thinking twice. And it is cheaper than that special FIBER ERSPONSE ROYAL CANIN cat food. He needs fiber in order to "go to the bathroom" regularly. I'll see how the vegetarian food works for him. It smells quite good Very Happy ( of course geared towards a cat's taste).

That's great Burgundia. I hope it works out for you both. I love you
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:59 am

burgundia wrote:Today they have delivered vegetarian

Good for you..and the cat. Dont be surprised when you wake up one morning though and you find the cat meditating in the lounge, burning some incense and listening to a Ravi Shankar CD!
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:54 pm

Floyd wrote:

Good for you..and the cat. Dont be surprised when you wake up one morning though and you find the cat meditating in the lounge, burning some incense and listening to a Ravi Shankar CD!

hahaha

You are so funny Floyd!
    Radhe radhe
    lawlessline
    lawlessline

Post  lawlessline Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:10 pm

devakas wrote:
    Floyd wrote:

hahaha

You are so funny Floyd!
    Radhe radhe

Something like this fellow.
    eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 3 549461_3614060587769_1161430560_3304701_2034512135_n

Cann't seem to get the foto up so here is the link.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3614060587769&set=a.1952741735836.2114041.1161430560&type=3

Lawless

t
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:19 pm

burgundia wrote:
    I still think that the cherry tree in my father's garden will have nothing against me for eating cherries, her children.

The seeds are decedents, off-spring, unfulfilled potential. One hopefully enjoys the fruit guilt-free.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:05 pm

Carol wrote:
    burgundia wrote:

The seeds are decedents, off-spring, unfulfilled potential. One hopefully enjoys the fruit guilt-free.

But the seeds will one day grow..and there is an ocean of difference that lies betwixt guilt and compassion!

Last edited by Floyd on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:06 pm

Yeah..that dog pic but a cat lol

Anyone got a photo of a meditating cat
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:42 pm

Speaking of seeds Carol I collect all mine from veg and fruit then dry them and stick em in containers. Got shed loads of em

I read that its difficult to grow from fruit seeds bought in the store but I thought bollocks, lets give it ago. I planted a couple of Clementine seeds last year and they are my pride and joy. Still going and now actually look like tiny Clementine trees. They are as happy as a dog with two willies.

Hope I get to eat them before the world ends or ascension or aliens invade etc.
    I'll be really pissed of if they ascend and I dont.

Any one else collecting seeds. I reckon they last for years.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:49 pm

eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 3 Yogacats09

Enlightened

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Trees meditate too ...

eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 3 Medita10

Love from me

Enlightened

mudra

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:16 pm

eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 3 01c2e_funny-pictures-animal-capshunz-meditation-is-good-for-the-soul[/left]

eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 3 Animals+in+Meditation-3

eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 3 28a7532b-2a8f-4239-9adc-fe2dafc802b3

Enlightened

Love Always

mudra

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:25 pm

That last pic Mudras is actually of the Great Uberlord TRANCOSO.

Thats him I swear it.

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Floyd wrote:That last pic Mudras is actually of the Great Uberlord TRANCOSO.

Thats him I swear it.

Not only that one Floyd ... I believe he embodies all of them .
    That's how easy flowing Lord TRANCOSO is .

Love from me
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:07 pm

What great pictures mudra. Hadriel

I grow avocado trees from various types of avocado seeds Floyd and raise pineapple from the tops of pineapples that we eat. You just slice the top off and plant the yellow part in the ground. Very easy to grow. The bananas propagate themselves via their root system. The papaya seeds took off on their own where we have a mini forest. Fortunately they is a lot of organic produce here. I took those small purple potatoes from the health food store and planted those into raised bed and those potatoes grow bags. They're taking off. The hens ate all my mellon leaves so got to give that ago again.

We once were in one of those earthship homes in Taos, New Mexico and they were growing bananas in the greenhouse (south facing windows) front end of the house. I suspect a lot of the tropical foods could be grown easily enough in any climate if it were in a controlled contained environment where it got a lot of sun and was warm. One of the problems we've been running into here is the winds. It tends to blow off buds and fruit before it really gets a chance to set.

My next endeavor is to set up a green house for an aquaponic system to keep the wind, bugs and chickens out. I just haven't had much luck with growing garden produce lately. Time to call in some help.

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:08 pm

mudra wrote: Not only that one Floyd ... I believe he embodies all of them .
    That's how easy flowing Lord TRANCOSO is .

Love from me
    mudra

lol and on Friday night Uberlord mood changes to na na na

I think everybody miss him :)
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:14 pm

Floyd wrote:Well if humans want to continue with their seeming existence they must eat other seemingly existing things.

Animals are sentient beings capable of feeling complex pain and suffering whereas plants are not sentient.

Its all a matter of degree I suppose.
    Its either a plant, a fruit or a cow or a lamb, or perhaps a dog if I was Korean.
    I go for the plant and the fruit.

I try to keep my plants going as long as possible and when I pick some basil or lettuce I always say hey dude, thanks but Im gonna eat you now.

Sometimes when they are in a bad mood they tell me to XXXX off and go and pick something else...

In which case I go in the corner and sulk and pick my nose instead.

again you are right Floyd. Very Happy Speaking about plants... As you know we came to this matter as a dust and our bodies will become dust when we leave. Nothing belongs to us, creator is the owner. So we are thiefs. Not to be thiefs we have to offer to Him then it is ok to eat, only after it is offered. God's, creator's senses are million times stronger than our poor senses. By the way he said He enjoys a fresh fruit, a leave, a flower or a little water.This is said by Him. When we offer to him, we can enjoy food and then he makes our senses better at the same time. This is why people call this food so delicious, He makes our senses better and also changes the food, purifies it.
    I see that people start to speculate 'how it comes', how about a bugs we step on, or plants, why he created me like this? Those thoughts come from the attempt to be owner, from the forgotten truth that we are not owners. Krishna said what he likes and our job is to serve him what he likes, every our thought, action only for him. It is called Krishna karma. This is service to him. When we offer to him, we can eat. When we learn what he likes and we serve, all materialistic problems are gone. We are centered to ourselves and the thought that we are owners is misleading us.
    Namaste
    Devakas

sunny

Chimpsky
    Chimpsky

Post  Chimpsky Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:34 pm

Strange angle on a difficult topic...I have had veggie girlfriends and ended up anemic (from not eating meat ), there are things in meat that are absent in veg, but the whole area of what to eat is a minefield .

Firstly what are ethics ? Wikabollocks says "Ethics, also known as moral philosophy, is a branch of philosophy that involves systematizing, defending, and recommending concepts of right and wrong behavior." - so its what ever the prevailing mindset happens to think is right, which is often dictated by various 'agents'

Personally I have a view close to "primitive" cultures, respect for the animal, and its spirit, it gives up its body as part of the cycle of nature, its spirit moves on. I only eat animals that have been free to roam, if it were possible I'd only eat wild animals, as they are free up till the last moment.
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:39 pm

the topic is really difficult I agree Chimpsky with you very much

scratch
    Chimpsky
    Chimpsky

Post  Chimpsky Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:03 pm

devakas wrote:the topic is really difficult I agree Chimpsky with you very much

scratch

Cheers ! it is indeed Wink some people anchor in a a man made anthrophomorphicicaction of reality

If anyone thinks I don't love animals i'll post endless pictures of my dog & his chums
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:22 pm

Why It's Ethical To Eat Meat? To Set A "Good" Example
    By Cathy Erway

Arrow http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cathy-erway/ethical-meat-eating_b_1429607.html

Last weekend was the deadline for an essay contest held by the New York Times, which asked readers to answer in 600 words, "Why it's ethical to eat meat." I didn't enter the contest, because I couldn't articulate the reasons I thought it was possible for meat-eating to be ethical, though not necessarily... (Just that sentence alone underscores the murkiness of the topic to me.) Then it came to me. And it goes in theory with my Reason For Not Eating Out #50: To Do More Good.
    Eating -- anything -- is an act of taking. By sustaining our lives we are taking life from plants, animals, people, or energy from the sun. And just by living, especially in modern civilization, we are constantly taking and demanding of nature and other human beings -- to clothe ourselves, to type on a laptop, or to transport ourselves from place to place. When we die, we will be placed back into the earth to replenish it, but until then, life is a series of karmic spending.

Except when we do good. This can be planting a tree or something as simple as making someone else smile. Because the good circulates, and inspires others to do good as well. This is how we lift ourselves from the karmic debt we have accumulated. We may never reach a point of equilibrium -- never do enough good to overcome the bad karma in our lives -- but it is a necessary routine and helps us continue taking and demanding as we live.

I don't eat meat very often, mostly because I know that I can satisfy myself without it and won't have to carry the extra burdens of creating so much suffering, albeit inadvertently, for another creature as a consumer of meat. I ask myself, did I do enough good to justify a bit of meat today? Most of the times, I'd say no. Some people may believe that no measure of their actions can justify killing an animal, and they become vegetarians.

read on at the link above.

Love Always
    mudra
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:34 am

When I was a child I used to eat a lot of meat and still my hemoglobin was on the lower side.As an adult, I stopped eating meat but started taking iron supplements and it went up so I really do not know what this is all about. I believe that if you are a vegan or vegetarian you have to make some effort to balance your diet properly. It is not just about stopping eating meat. One must learn how to provide one's body with all it needs.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:14 pm

eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 3 2012-04-29T055731Z_01_WAS334_RTRIDSP_3_USA
    http://now.msn.com/now/0428-correspondents-dinner.aspx
    PRESIDENT JOKES ABOUT EATING DOGS
    Exceptionally tacky and crass

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am