tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+15
blue roller
Pris
magamud
Aquaries1111
Chimpsky
orthodoxymoron
Jenetta
lawlessline
Floyd
mudra
Sanicle
Crazee
burgundia
Carol
devakas
19 posters

Calling All Carnivores

Poll

Are you vegetarian?

[ 11 ]
    eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 9 Bar_left55%eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 9 Bar_right [55%] 
    [ 9 ]
    eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 9 Bar_left45%eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 9 Bar_right [45%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Pris
    Pris

eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 9 Empty Re: Calling All Carnivores

Post  Pris Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:03 am

As for the milk thing, the idea of adult animals hanging off the teats of other animals and sucking out the milk doesn't sit right with me.  I imagine most people don't do that but they seem to want to ignore/disregard what milk really is -- what it's meant for, where it comes from and how it is extracted.  It's 'acceptable' to drink it out of a glass, or eat it as a lump of cheese... etc.  

Btw, there is also a pus aspect to milk...

http://nutritionfacts.org/2011/09/08/how-much-pus-is-there-in-milk/
    blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:25 pm

Pris wrote:.

As for the milk thing, the idea of adult animals hanging off the teats of other animals and sucking out the milk doesn't sit right with me.  I imagine most people don't do that but they seem to want to ignore/disregard what milk really is -- what it's meant for, where it comes from and how it is extracted.  It's 'acceptable' to drink it out of a glass, or eat it as a lump of cheese... etc.  

The Pus thing first . Caused by Mastitis. Cows that are stressed or milked incorrectly can get an infection in the udder that's true . I have milked Cows on dairy farms when I was younger so I speak from experience there . As soon as a cow gets it , the farmer will siphon off the cows milk so it does not go in the vat.
    High cell count will destroy his income for that milking and lead to heavy fines . The cow will be treated with anti biotics until the infection is gone . Organic dairying massively reduces the chances of mastitis because the cows are only milked once a day and eat a healthy diet. No antibiotics allowed.

So the Pus thing is largely fear mongering and it works .

Milk is a food . If you have issues with feeding off a Teet then your relationship with mother earth is one great big teet ! Seriously .
    Your a parasite riding mother earths back. You pee on her , defecate on her , help yourself to her bounty then complain about the service !
    Chlorophyll is plant milk ! Fruit Juice is a trees menstrual fluid and reproductive organs ! And lets not go to deep in to your love of nuts .

Why do you attempt to ridicule, infantilise and mock a food source rich in protein ,calcium,magnesium and zinc ? Three of the most important minerals your body needs ?

Are Bats infantile for drinking blood? Are fish infantile for breathing water ? Does a tree need to grow up and ween itself off of ground water and stop being a mummy's boy ? NO.

There is a reason why ancient cultures called Mother earth mother and carved images of a woman with large hips and huge breasts ( Venus of Willendorf)
    We all are her children and we all suckle from her breast . What possible harm could come from a domesticated cow sharing her excess milk production in exchange for food and protection from predators ? None ,if its done with respect and love. Cows are wonderfully affectionate creatures when you get to know them . If you treat them with gentleness and respect they enjoy being milked by hand . It used to be one of the great pleasures of working on the farm for me. Resting your head against the side of a cow as you gently milk her is an amazing feeling.

Food and sex . Two great joys of life . Which is why religion demonizes and guilt's them to control people.

If your not getting enough of both you will be miserable and feel unfulfilled . Because your pleasure hormones are not being stimulated. Behind every fanatic is pain ,shame and fear.

We are part of nature .Not separate and superior .

Oxytocin . Its what gives pregnant women that beautiful glow . The same glow you feel after orgasm with someone you love .The same after glow everyone around you notices when you are happy and in love . Love is the presence of sharing and respect. Anger and hate is the jealousy of those who deny themselves the joy of life and hide from living it.

Damned if I will be made to feel guilty for that. A good mother will lay down her life to protect her young and will go to any lengths to feed and protect them. Love is a force of nature not a politically correct, sappy, new age, feel good, self righteous excuse for denying yourself joy and living in a box like a caged animal.

Because that is what most people are forced to do. They are factory farmed for profit like battery hens . Cage any animal including humans and it will go mad with despair because of sensual deprivation. No sunlight , no freedom , no choice , no love , no Joy .

blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:55 pm

Having been in and around the creative arts all my life I know, from experience hard won, what makes people tick and the subtext to their beliefs and habits.

When I first met my wife she rented a block of land with a friend who had suffered severe sexual abuse as a child . She had, as a result, all sorts of projected baggage that she used to cope with it .

A strict Vegan , she embraced the new age movement in all its crazy diversity and dogma's. Her story is heart breaking really and I did not judge her for her pain but I knew to keep my distance. She was profoundly jealous of my relationship with my wife .
    A very attractive Girl, she knew it and used it to get what she needed and created a mask so complex and contradictory that she was always tied up in knots maintaining the spiritual high ground. It made her feel 'better than' the same way religion props up the low self esteem of insecure people.

She shared a dog with my Wife and my wife adored that dog. But when the friendship ended her friend got the dog and chained it up for weeks at a time . After a while the Dog went mad and vicious and had to be put down.
    Subconsciously ,the girl was punishing her abuser by proxy and my wife for finding love . Unable to hurt my wife directly she punished the dog my wife loved. When a Dog bonds emotionally , its for life . All animals are capable of bonding with others species when they are loved . You cant fake true love.

This young lady was vain yet hated her self. She was beautiful but abused her looks to manipulate those around her . She lived for 'approval' yet scorned any genuine help .

Mothers who are healthy and loving sacrifice their bodies and looks to raise their children .Its an amazing thing to witness . Another friend ,who my wife and I still keep in touch with is just an amazing, grounded, hard core ,no BS, super Mum.

Cows are very motherly and very loving if you grow up with them and spend time with them . They can melt your heart with their big brown eye's and huge lashes . Wish we could keep one.

So am I characterizing all Vegans as nut Jobs ? No ,absolutely not . What I am saying is that there is room for tolerance of all dietary habits because the perfect diet does not exist for every one person. I know people who just dont like meat and that's it . Its a choice . My wife does not eat much meat. She does not need it as much .

Its all related .Diet , love, food and sex . Its all survival, nurturing and reproduction. Sometimes its hard to witness mother natures apparent extremes but that's only we because we are conditioned to believe we are just our bodies.

Men who Hunt , the good ones, know that the hunter often becomes the hunted and that what you take must always be accounted for . You can cut down a tree to build a house but the tree knows its part of the earth and sky and will come again . Soon enough your bones will be a trees next meal .
    Your last breath, its intake of carbon. All energy is borrowed and sooner or later you have to give it back.

Living close to mother earths bosom has taught me so much . And brought me the peace of knowing death is not the end. I took the road less traveled and strangers taught me kindness without thought of return. We shared precious moments and parted but the gift grew in the heart and bore much precious fruit. The courage to love life and live for every day without regret or shame.

Let us eat and be merry , for tomorrow we may die.

Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:24 pm

blue roller wrote:
    Pris wrote:.

Milk is a food . If you have issues with feeding off a Teet then your relationship with mother earth is one great big teet ! Seriously .
    Your a parasite riding mother earths back. You pee on her , defecate on her , help yourself to her bounty then complain about the service !
    Chlorophyll is plant milk ! Fruit Juice is a trees menstrual fluid and reproductive organs ! And lets not go to deep in to your love of nuts .

Why do you attempt to ridicule, infantilise and mock a food source rich in protein ,calcium,magnesium and zinc ? Three of the most important minerals your body needs ?

Are Bats infantile for drinking blood? Are fish infantile for breathing water ? Does a tree need to grow up and ween itself off of ground water and stop being a mummy's boy ? NO.

There is a reason why ancient cultures called Mother earth mother and carved images of a woman with large hips and huge breasts ( Venus of Willendorf)
    We all are her children and we all suckle from her breast . What possible harm could come from a domesticated cow sharing her excess milk production in exchange for food and protection from predators ? None ,if its done with respect and love. Cows are wonderfully affectionate creatures when you get to know them . If you treat them with gentleness and respect they enjoy being milked by hand . It used to be one of the great pleasures of working on the farm for me. Resting your head against the side of a cow as you gently milk her is an amazing feeling.

Food and sex . Two great joys of life . Which is why religion demonizes and guilt's them to control people.

If your not getting enough of both you will be miserable and feel unfulfilled . Because your pleasure hormones are not being stimulated. Behind every fanatic is pain ,shame and fear.

We are part of nature .Not separate and superior .

Oxytocin . Its what gives pregnant women that beautiful glow . The same glow you feel after orgasm with someone you love .The same after glow everyone around you notices when you are happy and in love . Love is the presence of sharing and respect. Anger and hate is the jealousy of those who deny themselves the joy of life and hide from living it.

Damned if I will be made to feel guilty for that. A good mother will lay down her life to protect her young and will go to any lengths to feed and protect them. Love is a force of nature not a politically correct, sappy, new age, feel good, self righteous excuse for denying yourself joy and living in a box like a caged animal.

Because that is what most people are forced to do. They are factory farmed for profit like battery hens . Cage any animal including humans and it will go mad with despair because of sensual deprivation. No sunlight , no freedom , no choice , no love , no Joy .

Okay, you asked for it.

Do not compare mammal's teats to Mother Earth's 'metaphorical teats' that you claim we are all suckling on as an excuse to throw in everything consumable.  To justify your position, this is seriously flawed and perverted thinking.  Having a child and suckling it is natural.  Milk is meant for babies and it is the best food to give a baby.  On rare occasions, mothers suckle babies of different species, but those species are still babies.

If someone were to 'grow' me on a farm (factory or free range farm, doesn't matter), or keep me and exploit me for my milk production, I would find that intimately offensive.  Let's add to that.  Then, when I am no longer 'useful' (back to the meat issue) -- or I am simply 'grown' for my meat -- and I am to be killed off and eaten, I would also find that intimately offensive.  It would be horrific.  I would 'go out' kicking and screaming.  Stand in the hooves of another for one moment.

We don't stand around waiting for our Elders to develop arthritis so we have an excuse to pounce on them, kill and eat them (although, technically, that is what we are doing by embracing the contrived, sick culture we have been given).  Dying of natural causes to a healthy, ripe old age is what we all seem to want.  I do not want to die or be killed.  Most of us are like this.  We want to hang on as long as possible -- alive and kicking.  While I am on this planet in this form, I will do what I can to make the least negative impact I possibly can.  I do not wish to inflict pain and suffering upon other beings -- humans or otherwise -- because I do not wish that upon myself.

Here's an example of a choice.  When it comes to having to eat to sustain ourselves, fruit gives us a wonderful choice...  Plants create fruit deliberately to be eaten.  I have no guilt when I eat fruit, only the deepest gratitude.

Why justify having to live like barbarous butchers on this planet... like that's just the way it is?  The 'cycle of life'?  What group of individuals do you suppose came up with the motto, 'survival of the fittest' and are... particularly murderous, barbarous butchers?  I do not buy into their culture.  We are not only living on instinct.  We are awake and we have free will.  There is so much we can do, as spiritual, conscientious individuals to shape our reality...  to be mindful of the choices we make.

We are far from being parasites (unless you are a barbarous butcher that will devour anything that's not nailed down) on Mother Earth's back.  She loves our urine and our feces.  It's all good.

I will say it again.  I do what I do because it feels right to me.

Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:22 am

Well....I do dairy products.  Period.  Happy cows make good milk and cheese.

But....A Carnivore eats the flesh of animals.  When we were a primitive species that may have been how we survived to evolve to be here in great numbers today.

But evolving means you understand that eating meat and dairy clogs the arteries.  Veganism cleans the arteries.  A scientific FACT.

So I leave you with this....personally I hate the taste of meat.  There is nothing tasteful about it.

Side note:  I do eat meat on occasion...I was a vegetarian for many years but it came about that I became a pain in the butt ordering my vegetarian meals at work so one day I surprised everyone and ordered a taco....it was over then.  I still eat very little meat and it must have lots of flavoring on it via a sauce of some sort because the taste of meat grosses me out.  Period! I have no problem eating fish and seafood however.

I do appreciate the vegan however and my granddaughter is a heavy vegan advocate.  She spends her time at UCLA as a graduate student passing out vegan material on campus. She makes me very proud.

eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 9 5nu690eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 9 2l4ysk

And this...just for fun

NANUXII
    NANUXII

Post  NANUXII Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:40 pm

how we treat animals is un ethical

vegetables have the same if not more intense sentient feelings as animals Cleve Baxter

our genetics play a large role in our diet , what branch of spliced geonome you come from depends on which ape and other animal your genetic line was spliced with. Your genetics decide what you eat , that and fashion.

whats un natural is drinking the milk of other animals , you dont see cows drinking cats milk do you ? lol

if you seriously wanted to be ethical about what you eat you would grow your own food and stock and kill it your self , humainly .. but how many of us could do that ? not me ..,. i cant even harm a fly let alone kill a cow. But ill happily eat one but i always give thanks ( it helps )

mind you im 90% vege and only eat meat once a week maybe

i steer clear of chicken
    i only eat grass fed meat
    all vegetables are thanked and adored during the preperation process.

we are consuming locusts without thought for ethics , mostly , some are getting it.

: 0)

N

blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:30 pm

Yes your right ! We need to end the slaughter .

So lets start by killing the cats ,the dogs, the raptors , rats and mice and any other creature that dares to predate on other poor innocent creatures .
    Those murderous Bastards with their fluffy faces and cute looks. How could I have been so cruelly deceived ?

Okay ,its genocide but sometimes you gotta get tough to put mother nature in her place.

Cant you people see how ludicrous your self righteous arguments are ?

But if you want to be 'Milked ' By a predatory financial system that puts you in mortgage cages or forces you to live with your parents , hey dont let me stop you enjoying your 'freedom' to do so .

Chickens are omnivores like us. I know that because ours are free range , not kept in a chicken run. We dont farm our chickens. We have a symbiant relationship with them .

We provide them with shelter and food and they are happy for us to have any SPARE eggs they are not choosing to sit on . Nature is full of symbiant relationships between species but most URBAN self righteous Diet Police dont know that .
    Chickens love to be loved and cared for but they are not caged pets. They are free to live everyday on their own terms and forage wherever they want to. They have to run the gauntlet of Foxes and Hawks but I know they would rather that than being cooped up.

Can you do that ? How much food do your grow for yourselves ? Or do you buy it with Blood Money ?
    Its not as simple as you all try to make it.
    You presume to steal the moral high ground but do you live your truth ? I rather think not.

The real world. You cling to Life because you fear death . But death will find you wherever you hide . No animal wants to die before its time and yes we all have the right to fight for our lives . But when your body is worn out ,its worn out and nature provides everything needed to recycle your meat so it does not get wasted. What is wrong with that ?

I Love Cheese and if its "not good for me" Frankly I dont care and I dont believe its true anyway.

So if being Diet fascists makes you feel good , go for it. But the anger in your words Pris says more about where you are really at than your arguments.

For myself ,I only take what I need and no more . But if you really think this one life is all there is then your not being honest with yourselves nor do you grasp the essence of life . Your clutching at straws and arguing for the scarecrow.

Whats the main ingredient of Milk ? water . What are the most important minerals we need to maintain healthy bone density ? Calcium and magnesium.
    Food is food . And just a reminder , I don't actually walk up to cows and suckle while they Graze though its not unusual for starving children to do so in third world countries. Cows and goats have been living with humans for centuries , accept it.

When a carnivore eats a carcass , nothing gets left behind but the bare bones. The tree's are allowed to have those.

Physical life is a testing ground for evolution. And yes it is dog eat dog in some ways . But it would not exist in all its fabulous variety if you did not have a mix of herbivore's ,omnivores and Carnivores . They need each other to maintain the diversity ,Can you people not see that ?

The worms will not suffer any pangs of guilt when they chow down on your redundant breasts and legs and brain . They just know they are hungry and serve a vital function in maintaining soil health and fertility. Or are you going to start digging them up and give them a good talking to ?

"Now listen here ,you slimy little bastard ,that's disrespectful eating someones body , its only been dead a week ! Have you no Pity ?"

"Nope".

Last edited by blue roller on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:48 pm

The only reason I am bothering to post right now is because the rain has stopped me putting down the foundations on my house and because I think Food is the vital essence of a happy life . The French and Italians know this better than anyone else and have turned the enjoyment of quality food in to a pivotal part of their culture. I admire that greatly .

We are all made of star dust ,the building blocks of life . DNA is the code that puts it all together to make a body. The most primitive single celled organisms eat each other , recycle each other. You would not be here if that was not true.

Often the worst murderers are the fanatics who promise peace and justice .

The human body is incredibly adaptable in its dietary requirements IF the food is fresh and of high quality. But if your a lazy idealist someone else ends up putting the food on your table . The price is usually your freedom. Animal farm is a metaphor for fascism and socialism .

So really , what are you prepared to do to live YOUR truth ? Or are you just recycling someone Else's at face value ?

If people stopped arguing over the moral high ground and started looking for common ground to grow food on , maybe this polarized and fruitless arguing would be unnecessary ?
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:28 pm

I'm a lifelong-vegetarian -- but I'm not a health-nut. I've never had a drink, or smoked a cigarette, ever. I've never taken illegal-drugs -- and I've very-rarely taken prescription-drugs. The only time I've ever been high was when my mom gave me a pre-surgery shot in the butt, prior to a tonsillectomy. I think I was ten. I remember telling my mom, "I feel REALLY Good!!" I simply think all of those things are disgusting. It's not really about health or the moral high-ground. Nature is cruel and unusual All By Itself (without requiring any assistance from stupid-humans). Having said all that, I think Daily-Exercise is Extremely-Important. I think that How One Exercises is MUCH More Important Than What One Eats and Drinks. I heard Bruce Jenner say that in a talk he gave, decades ago, long before He became a She. I could say something about "Disgusting" but I don't want to be "Judgmental".
    blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:24 pm

orthodoxymoron wrote:I'm a lifelong-vegetarian -- but I'm not a health-nut. I've never had a drink, or smoked a cigarette, ever. I've never taken illegal-drugs -- and I've very-rarely taken prescription-drugs. The only time I've ever been high was when my mom gave me a pre-surgery shot in the butt, prior to a tonsillectomy. I think I was ten. I remember telling my mom, "I feel REALLY Good!!" I simply think all of those things are disgusting. It's not really about health or the moral high-ground. Nature is cruel and unusual All By Itself (without requiring any assistance from stupid-humans). Having said all that, I think Daily-Exercise is Extremely-Important. I think that How One Exercises is MUCH More Important Than What One Eats and Drinks. I heard Bruce Jenner say that in a talk he gave, decades ago, long before He became a She. I could say something about "Disgusting" but I don't want to be "Judgmental".

Funny thing about food > if you eat the right combination you will start to change sex. How awesome is that ? Hey , I could start suckling on my own breasts if I worked hard enough . Heh heh Naughty Whistle Talk about your circle of life . But nah , not really .

Baramundi is an Aussie fish that does just that and man it tastes good too.

Food high's are the best .

I also found out a very interesting thing .If, like Mediterraneans you want the pleasure of eating meet without clogging your arteries , no problem. Eat plenty of Garlic , lemon and fresh veggies because the DMSO, Lemon Juice and Vit C dissolves the harmful fats . Its the ultimate natural fat solvent combo. A bit of red wine helps too. Red red wine............

I eat meat but my Cholesterol levels are optimal . Not worried about that at all.

Orthy, you just do what makes you happy . If your happy with what you eat that's all that matters, right ?

I Mountain Bike to keep fit and its a great fat burner . Meat is for people who are very active and need protein conversion FAST. I'm not an expert on sports diets really , but I know what works and what does not.
    Some weeks I cant eat meat at all. I just crave salads with loads of Beetroot. Variety is good . I just listen to my body.

If I do a really long hard ride of 35 K's or more by the time I am done I crave meat badly and need to get a big fat juicy steak on the barbecue. Sorry but where my people evolved from we eat meat . Don't like it , go to planet Zog where spindly politicaly correct Vegans breath pure prana and heavily blessed lettuce leaves .Its all good.
    blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:02 pm

NANUXII wrote:how we treat animals is un ethical

vegetables have the same if not more intense sentient feelings as animals  Cleve Baxter

our genetics play a large role in our diet , what branch of spliced geonome you come from depends on which ape and other animal your genetic line was spliced with. Your genetics decide what you eat , that and fashion.

whats un natural is drinking the milk of other animals , you dont see cows drinking cats milk do you ?  lol

if you seriously wanted to be ethical about what you eat you would grow your own food and stock and kill it your self , humainly .. but how many of us could do that ?  not me ..,. i cant even harm a fly let alone kill a cow. But ill happily eat one but i always give thanks ( it helps )

i steer clear of chicken

we are consuming locusts without thought for ethics , mostly , some are getting it.

N  

Okay nanu . Which came first ? the free range Meat or the cows Udder that fed the calf ?

My cat LOVES cows milk and Cream. If we make a cheese sauce we always put some in her Bowl . She laps it up. On the other hand a calf would have a hard time wrapping its big slobbering mouth around a cats teet . Cant believe you would think of subjecting a poor little cat to that kind of humiliation . Sick sick boy.

I worked on a dairy farm in Denmark . The barn was full of Barn cats . Barn Cats are a huge tradition on farms because they keep the rats and mice under control and come milking time always hanging around for a drink of milk. If I pulled on a cows teat and aimed it at the Cats they would all snap at the milk . Funny.

Some cats like raw Eggs but it upsets our cats stomach , to alkaline apparently .

Sometimes its hard to keep a straight face when Vegans get all hot under the collar about dairy . Making out like dairy eaters are babies who cant grow up ! Nuts are baby food for tree saplings , Hello . True. Just put an avocado seed in a glass of water and watch it consume the nut as the sprout grows.

So Keep on eating those baby nuts Vegans because its a saplings life you are depriving with your greed . Hypnotize Heh heh Lmao Lmfao Cow Farewell
    blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:21 pm

Grass Fed meat is universal in Australia Nanu ! you know that .That's why it tastes so good. Way better than that corn fed ,feed lot American crap.

Beef farming is actually pretty ethical here . Its all free range , low input raised .
    Americans love to boast about their meat but its super toxic . But then Boasting about exceptionalism is a national pass time . Beef and dairy in the US is a disaster area that keeps the billions pouring in their extortionate "health" care system. Its not the fat alone that clogs the arteries , its all the chemicals ,hormones and pesticides for crying out loud.

Its the same with Dairy here , mostly grass fed all year round like NZ . So that's why I dont loose any sleep over red meat . Actually I sleep better after a nice rare steak . Oh yeah.

I really shouldn't but I cant help myself .

Maybe One day when you are all fed a 'vegan' diet inside a big barn with bars and barbed wire , you will re think freedom of choice a bit.

blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:06 pm

The Sandwich

Every shame we choose to ignore.
    Get's projected outward , more and more.

Love denied turned to hate.
    Those who care turned away at the gate.

We missed the Boat , we missed the train.
    Turned down the wings of a liberating plane.

Chewing on our stale plots.
     Refusing to undo the binding locks .

Behind a cage for so so long.
    Cant even see what makes it wrong.

Don't take me away without my crutches.
    I'm used to living in Rabbit Hutches.

Freedom called us long ago.
    But when the call came we refused to go.

Addicted to our predictable life .
    Hen pecked husband meet angry wife !

Food for thought and thought for food
    Get me in a better mood.

Take within what empowers two.
    and pack a lunch that will provide for you.

Never to late to start a Journey....
    Until death steals it from the unworthy.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained
    Only the same old tired games .

Old and frail, all hope lost.
    To ashamed to reckon the cost.

Dim and silent , eye sight gone.
    All alone and abandoned.

Never saw the prison cell.
     Until my Life expired and I woke up in Hell .
    NANUXII
    NANUXII

Post  NANUXII Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:13 pm

blue roller wrote:
    NANUXII wrote:how we treat animals is un ethical

vegetables have the same if not more intense sentient feelings as animals  Cleve Baxter

whats un natural is drinking the milk of other animals , you dont see cows drinking cats milk do you ?  lol

if you seriously wanted to be ethical about what you eat you would grow your own food and stock and kill it your self , humainly .. but how many of us could do that ?  not me ..,. i cant even harm a fly let alone kill a cow. But ill happily eat one but i always give thanks ( it helps )

i steer clear of chicken

N  

Okay nanu . Which came first ? the free range Meat or the cows Udder that fed the calf ?

My cat LOVES cows milk and Cream. If we make a cheese sauce we always put some in her Bowl . She laps it up. On the other hand a calf would have a hard time wrapping its big slobbering mouth around a cats teet . Cant believe you would think of subjecting a poor little cat to that kind of humiliation . Sick sick boy.

I worked on a dairy farm in Denmark . The barn was full of Barn cats . Barn Cats are a huge tradition on farms because they keep the rats and mice under control and come milking time always hanging around for a drink of milk. If I pulled on a cows teat and aimed it at the Cats they would all snap at the milk . Funny.

Some cats like raw Eggs but it upsets our cats stomach , to alkaline apparently .

Sometimes its hard to keep a straight face when Vegans get all hot under the collar about dairy . Making out like dairy eaters are babies who cant grow up ! Nuts are baby food for tree saplings , Hello . True. Just put an avocado seed in a glass of water and watch it consume the nut as the sprout grows.

So Keep on eating those baby nuts Vegans because its a saplings life you are depriving with your greed . Hypnotize Heh heh Lmao Lmfao Cow Farewell

Hey BR , i think youve had a good coffee today , no ? lol

ok let me re phrase that , how many cats do you see suckling a cow or vice versa ? a cat will drink anything as long as it tastes good ( cats are a bit needy that way , sorry pris i know you love cats )

I think the main issue is the moral standpoint , in terms of morality there is none when you kill and eat anything unless it offers its self to you.

Question tho ... how do we not know that these animals actually benefit from dying ? how do we not know that the sacrifice isnt a fast track to the next
    evolutiuonary step ? in terms of infinite possibilities maybe they see the pearly gates and it isnt another farmhouse ...

What are the chances of seeing a solution and actually implementing it ? unless you are eating oxygen you are killing something .. at least oxygen can be reborn instantly ( almost )

N

NANUXII
    NANUXII

Post  NANUXII Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:20 pm

"Grass Fed meat is universal in Australia Nanu ! "

the best meat from OZ is exported unless you know a good wholesaler , the meat in the butcher is imported from the US , its carp !

the restaurants i eat at , you have a choice of grass or grain fed , grass being the most expensive ( what a jyp )

if you want the best Australian beef you have to fly to Japan or the Middle East .

or know a good whoiesaler

blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:16 pm

Hey nanu. My cats to lazy to jump up under a cow and hitch a free meal even though we have them next door . BUT keeping it real here she loves Milk.
    A Cats mouth would not be to welcome on a cow's teet anyway . Can you imagine the sight of a cow tearing across a paddock with a cat locked on its teet ?

I have enough problems with my cat padding my Nuts when she jumps on my lap with her sharp claws . Burmese cats have claws like needles .

Anyway , we get our Beef from a local butcher who sources from local farmers . We are surrounded by dairy and beef farms here . Its good meat and I can tell the difference between the good stuff and imported . I dont touch the generic crap even though it may say Aussie on the label .

Yes I know they export a lot of high grade stuff and people will pay because it is Better Quality .
    Thing is nanu that when you pay extra for organic you are getting far higher nutritional value and need to eat far less volume . I will treat myself to a steak maybe ten times a year max. Its a treat but that makes it taste even better.

The local Coles here services high end money so they get the best quality for the same price as a Bogan in Minto !

There is no justice my friend. But there are choices and right now I choose to make a fresh ground organic coffee with organic milk and local stringybark Honey . Oh baby .

So you know , we have to eat . We have to make choices that maybe we dont always like but as long as your in a body it needs feeding .Your car needs petrol .Your govt needs taxes . Your mother in law needs to make you feel like Crap . Its just the way things are .

Bottom line is this > I don't like cruelty to animals any less than anyone else but unless we get away from emotive and polarizing name calling re food choices people who would listen are reluctant to embrace the changes that are taking place .

A lot of extremists Like that guy durianrider on youtube love to preach but trees are omnivores . They need decomposing flesh , fungal interaction and loads of decomposing mulch to give you guys fruit . XXXX happens so you can happen . Life is feces ,urine, death and rebirth. nature cannibalizes nature to keep the circle rolling.
    NANUXII
    NANUXII

Post  NANUXII Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:48 pm

Bogan in Minto ! wrote:

LMAO .. you mean Minno ... or Penriff

blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:14 am

NANUXII wrote:

LMAO .. you mean Minno ... or Penriff

Minno. That's what I said ,youz. LAMAO

If your a Kiwi Living in Penriff its Pinruff.

I worked in Minno for a while to help a mate out. Jeez, its a shocker of a place . More sleaze , depravity , Drugs and prostitution than a Termite mound full of cross dressing, coked up, Fire ants .From Minno of course. Nothing natural survives in Minno . Its the place where all that's good and true dies next to a Heroin addicts Needle and a handful of scratchies.
    Clint Eastwood considered doing 'a fist full of Scratchies' there at one stage. Then he went to straight to 'a few scratchies more' . Never got released though. That's what a bloke in Minno told me anyway and those guys never Bullsh*t mate Eh ?

Minno is the kind of place where school girls will offer old men a blow job in return for a packet of cig's at the train station. Its tragic really .

If Ridley Scott had known about Minno he would have done all his location shooting for Blade Runner there and saved a butt load on extra's .

I used to go to the CBD for lunch just to drink it all in . The color ,the culture , the foxey ladies . Ah Minno , you sweet saucy old bucket full of westy life .
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:02 am

eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 9 Aerial-view-of-cattle-far-001
    Millions of hectares of trees have been felled for cattle ranching in the Amazon. Photograph: Paulo Whitaker/Reuters

If we really want to reduce the human impact on the environment, the simplest and cheapest thing anyone can do is to eat less meat. Behind most of the joints of beef or chicken on our plates is a phenomenally wasteful, land- and energy-hungry system of farming that devastates forests, pollutes oceans, rivers, seas and air, depends on oil and coal, and is significantly responsible for climate change. The way we breed animals is now recognised by the UN, scientists, economists and politicians as giving rise to many interlinked human and ecological problems, but with 1 billion people already not having enough to eat and 3 billion more mouths to feed within 50 years, the urgency to rethink our relationship with animals is extreme.

1 Overheating the planet

We humans eat about 230m tonnes of animals a year, twice as much as we did 30 years ago. We mostly breed four species – chickens, cows, sheep and pigs – all of which need vast amounts of food and water, emit methane and other greenhouse gases and produce mountains of physical waste.

But how much stress does our meat-eating put on ecological systems? The answer is a lot but the figures are imprecise and disputed. In 2006, the UN calculated that the combined climate change emissions of animals bred for their meat were about 18% of the global total – more than cars, planes and all other forms of transport put together.

The authors of the report, called Livestock's Long Shadow, did not just count the methane from the belching, farting cattle, but the gases released from the manures that they produce, the oil burned taking their carcasses to markets often thousands of miles away, the electricity needed to keep the meat cool, the gas used to cook it, the energy needed to plough and harvest the fields that grow the crops that the animals eat, even pumping the water that the cattle need.

The figure was revised upward in 2009 by two World Bank scientists to more than 51%, but attempts to fully account for meat-eating are condemned as simplistic. Should the studies have been based on giant US factory farms, or on more sustainable breeding in Europe? Should you include all the knock-on emissions from clearing forests? What about the fertiliser used to grow the crops to feed to the animals, or the emissions from the steel needed to build the boats that transport the cattle; or the "default" emissions – the greenhouse gases that would be released by substitute activities to grow food if we were to give up meat? And is it fair to count animals used for multiple purposes, as they mostly are in developing countries, from providing draught power to shoe leather or transport, and which only become meat once they reach the end of their economic lives?

It's an accounting nightmare but depending on how it's done, livestock's contribution to climate change can be calculated as low as 5-10% of global emissions or as high as 50%. Last year, a Food Climate Research Network report concluded that UK meat and dairy consumption was responsible for 8% of the country's total greenhouse gas emissions. But however it's counted, livestock farming ranks as one of the three greatest sources of climate changing emissions and one of the largest contributors to environmental degradation.

2 Eating up land

A human population expected to grow by 3 billion, a shift in developing countries to eating more meat, and global consumption on track to double in 40 years point to the mother of all food crises down the road. How much food we grow is not just limited by the amount of available land but meat-eaters need far more space than vegetarians. A Bangladeshi family living off rice, beans, vegetables and fruit may live on an acre of land or less, while the average American, who consumes around 270 pounds of meat a year, needs 20 times that.

Nearly 30% of the available ice-free surface area of the planet is now used by livestock, or for growing food for those animals. One billion people go hungry every day, but livestock now consumes the majority of the world's crops. A Cornell University study in 1997 found that around 13m hectares of land in the US were used to grow vegetables, rice, fruit, potatoes and beans, but 302m were used for livestock. The problem is that farm animals are inefficient converters of food to flesh. Broiler chickens are the best, needing around 3.4kg to produce 1kg of flesh, but pigs need 8.4kg for that kilo.

Other academics have calculated that if the grain fed to animals in western countries were consumed directly by people instead of animals, we could feed at least twice as many people – and possibly far more – as we do now.

To make matters worse, our hunger to eat animals has led to overstocking of fragile lands and massive soil erosion and desertification. Overgrazing, from the downlands of southern England to the uplands of Ethiopia and mountains of Nepal, causes great loss of fertility, as well as flooding.

But the figures must be treated with caution. Animal manures can revitalise the soil and millions of animals live on marginal land that is quite unsuitable for crops.

But before we leap to conclusions and lump all livestock rearing together, consider this: in western countries animals are bred and reared to put on as much meat as possible in the shortest time after which they are slaughtered. But in poorer regions, cattle – especially in dry areas – are central to human life and culture and often the only source of food and income for many millions of pastoralists. The ceaseless movement of these nomadic herders over vast areas is the backbone of many African economies and, a major new study from the International Institute for Environment and Development suggests, a far more ecologically efficient method of farming than the way cattle are reared in Australia or the US.

3 Drinking too much water

Eat a steak or a chicken and you are effectively consuming the water that the animal has needed to live and grow. Vegetarian author John Robbins calculates it takes 60, 108, 168, and 229 pounds of water to produce one pound of potatoes, wheat, maize and rice respectively. But a pound of beef needs around 9,000 litres – or more than 20,000lbs of water. Equally, it takes nearly 1,000 litres of water to produce one litre of milk. A broiler chicken, by contrast, is far more efficient, producing the same amount of meat as a cow on just 1,500 litres.

Pigs are some of the thirstiest animals. An average-sized north American pig farm with 80,000 pigs needs nearly 75m gallons of fresh water a year. A large one, which might have one million or more pigs, may need as much as a city.

Farming, which uses 70% of water available to humans, is already in direct competition for water with cities. But as demand for meat increases, so there will be less available for both crops and drinking. Rich but water-stressed countries such as Saudi Arabia, Libya, the Gulf states and South Africa say it makes sense to grow food in poorer countries to conserve their water resources, and are now buying or leasing millions of hectares of Ethiopia and elsewhere to provide their food. Every cow fattened in Gambella state in southern Ethiopia and exported to Abu Dhabi or Britain is taking the pressure off water supplies back home but increasing it elsewhere.

4 Causing deforestation

Global agribusiness has for 30 years turned to tropical rainforests – not for their timber but for the land that can be used to graze cattle or grow palm oil and soya. Millions of hectares of trees have been felled to provide burgers for the US and more recently animal feed for farms for Europe, China and Japan.

In its latest food report What's Feeding Our Food? Friends of the Earth estimates that around 6m hectares of forest land a year – an area equivalent to Latvia or twice the size of Belgium – and a similar acreage of peat and wetlands elsewhere, is converted to farmland a year. Of that, it says, most goes to livestock or to grow the crops to feed the cattle.

As soya becomes the world's major crop for chicken feed, so the industry is driving cattle ranching deeper into the forests.

5 Poisoning the earth

Industrial-scale agriculture now dominates the western livestock and poultry industries, and a single farm can now generate as much waste as a city. A cow excretes around 40kg of manure for every kilogram of edible beef it puts on and when you have many thousands crowded into a small area the effect can be dramatic. Their manure and urine is funnelled into massive waste lagoons sometimes holding as many as 40m gallons. These cesspools often break, leak or overflow, polluting underground water supplies and rivers with nitrogen, phosphorus and nitrates.

Tens of thousands of miles of rivers in the US, Europe and Asia are polluted each year. A single spill of millions of gallons of waste from a North Carolina pig factory lagoon in 1995 killed about 10 million fish and forced the closure of 364,000 acres of coastal wetlands to shellfishing.

The sheer quantity of animals now being raised for humans to eat now threatens the earth's biodiversity. More than one third of the world's 825 "ecoregions" identified by conservation group WWF are said to be threatened by livestock and giant US group Conservation International reckons that 23 out of 40-odd global "biodiversity hotspots" – the places considered most valuable for life – are now seriously affected by livestock production.

6 Spoiling the oceans

The present oil pollution disaster in the Gulf of Mexico is not the only problem that the region faces. Most summers between 13,000-20,000 sq km of sea at the mouth of the Mississippi become a "dead zone", caused when vast quantities of excess nutrients from animal waste, factory farms, sewage, nitrogen compounds and fertiliser are swept down the mighty river. This causes algal blooms which take up all the oxygen in the water to the point where little can live.

Nearly 400 dead zones ranging in size from one to over 70,000sq km have now been identified, from the Scandinavian fjords to the South China Sea. Animal farming is not the only culprit, but it is one of the worst.

7 Ruining the air

Anyone who has lived close to a large factory farm knows the smells can be extreme. Aside from greenhouse gases such as methane and carbon dioxide, cows and pigs produce many other polluting gases. Global figures are unavailable but in the US, livestock and animal feed crops are responsible for 37% of pesticide use, more than half of all the antibiotics manufactured and a third of the nitrogen and phosphorous in fresh water. Nearly two thirds of the manmade ammonia – a major contributor to acid rain – is also generated by livestock. In addition, concentrated factory farming of animals contributes to ozone pollution.

8 Making us prone to disease

Animal waste contains many pathogens including salmonella, E coli, cryptosporidium, and fecal coliform, which can transfer to humans through water run-off or manure or touch. In addition, millions of pounds of antibiotics is added to animal feed a year to speed the growth of cattle. But this contributes to the rise of resistant bacteria, and so makes it harder to treat human illnesses.

9 Draining the world's oil

The western animal farming economy is based on oil, which is why there were food riots in 23 countries when the oil price peaked in 2008. Every link in the chain of events that brings meat to the table demands electricity, from the production of the fertiliser put on the land to grow the animal feed, to pumping the water they need from the rivers or deep underground, to the fuel needed to transport the meat in giant refrigerated ships and the supermarket shelves. According to some studies, as much as one-third of all fossil fuels produced in the United States now go towards animal agriculture.

10 Meat's costly, in many ways

Polls suggest that 5-6% of the population eats no meat at all, with many millions of others consciously reducing the amount of meat they eat or only eating it occasionally. This is backed by new government figures which show that last year we ate 5% less meat by weight than in 2005.

But the quantities are still staggering: according to the Vegetarian Society, the average British carnivore eats over 11,000 animals in a lifetime: 1 goose, 1 rabbit, 4 cattle, 18 pigs, 23 sheep and lambs, 28 ducks, 39 turkeys, 1,158 chickens, 3,593 shellfish and 6,182 fish.

For this, say the vegetarians, the meat eaters get increased chances of obesity, cancers, heart diseases and other illnesses as well as a hole in the pocket. A meat diet is generally considered twice as expensive as a vegetarian one.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2010/jul/18/vegetarianism-save-planet-environment

eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 9 Youd-save-more-water-by-not-eating-one-pound-of-beef-than-you-would-by-not-taking-a-shower-for-six-months

eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 9 Vegan-environment-feature

eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 9 WantToSaveTheWorld_Hunger

eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 9 Aeaec9af-7330-4771-abe9-1ee6b1ec0a66_zpsnuvothn4

~

We are so happy you eat so well BR.....But I don't think the world cares about your "happy" eating/health habits or mine for that matter. Rolling Eyes
    blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:18 pm

I have a very simple answer to your input Brook. If your worried about human Impact the answer is simple. Reduce the number of humans.

But the Catholic church wont be to happy about loosing its income stream from its huge customer base in south America now we have a Pope from there .

The CIA wont be to happy either or corporate JEWmerica . They are the ones bleeding South America dry and raping the forests .

There is a good reason why we decided to have only one child , not three or five or ten .

If you have a problem with deforestation ,as do I , put the blame on the Catholic Churches Absurd banning of contraception and the resulting pressure for more food.

You want the answer to that problem , its Religion. Judeo Christian religion .The ultimate raper of earths resources .

Before your ancestors came along , the prairie was teeming with Buffalo and the Native Americans only took what they needed to live . Then your white ancestors came with their colt 45's and lever actions and destroyed it all for manifest destiny and Jesus and Jehovah.

Jesus Saves .Like hell he does .

End world Hunger ! Great, lets all just chow down on Parrot feed and sing pretty polly wants a cracker till the cows come home.

Last edited by blue roller on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:28 pm

Now on the subject of Grains versus Meat . Before corporate farming came along , most every farm in Europe was a mixed farm where communities shared the burden of raising cattle , grain ,fruit ,vegetables in a wholistic sustainable system. Until Jewish bankers forced them in to mono culture farming practices and destroyed all that wonderful sustainable balanced farming practice.

Once you no longer fertilize your grain fields with animal manure ,you have to use artificial fertlisers . Once you break up the natural cycles that support ALL LIFE you get sameness. Mono culture causes imbalance which leads to disease . Because Nature's checks and balances have been removed in the name of greed.

Yes , I know all about that stuff . More than your one sided, skewed distortions of the facts .

So if you want just grains you had better be sure you have a way to fertilize them without using petro chemicals . How are you going to do that?
    blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:43 pm

Its amazing how easily the facts can be distorted when you leave out the variables and down stream pay back on Husbandry .
    In Australia they invented or rather rediscovered something called Permaculture . A homestead where chickens provide manure along with goats or whatever .

So that's what I am doing on our humble property . Creating a sustainable micro culture . No Church B**lsh*t on our homestead. Just a healthy relationship with Mother Earth.

How much of your own food do you Grow Brook ?

What your statistics fail to point out is that while Stock need high input they give back in other less obvious ways as long as you dont mess up the diversity . But if you want to just eat beans and grains and feed a massively over populated planet then by all means pitch for corporate farming because that's what your really doing.

Battery Hens never get to forage for the worms and insects they love . They just get fed toxic grain feed. Maybe you want to join them ?
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:35 pm

Speaking of agriculture have you ever read the essay: The Boiling Frog (Is Us): Signs of Distress from 5000 B.C.E. to Today
    Arrow http://www.filmsforaction.org/news/the_boiling_frog/

Makes quite a bit of sense to me.

I am very much in favor of Permaculture which is farming with nature rather than against it .

The Raw live and organic way of feeding oneself is a concept that was born and gained interest
    through Guy Claude Burger in the 70's with the development of what he named " instinctotherapy ".

In practice the meals are constituted of  " original food  " that is to say raw organic, untreated, unseasoned, unprepared and not mixed.
    Nuts, vegetables, fruits, dried meat and fish. No eggs, grains or milk. We would eat one thing at a time chosen according to variation of smell perception, taste and repletion pretty much as animals in the wild do and then only go to another that now smelled best etc...

In those days I  practised this for over a year and believe this is the best thing I ever did although not very practical when one has a social life. I have neer been inclined to meat . I am more open to fish . During the year I practiced instinctotherapy my body's need for meat didn't change much. Only once or twice did meat smell  and taste good to me . From this experience I learned we are all different and that our bodies have different needs to function well.

This way of eating through pure instinct allowing the body to chose for himself what it needed and no more than it needed it was an amazing experience to me which brought lots of joy along. The feeling to know I had taken from nature only what was necessary made me feel extremely good and grateful.  

Since then the raw movement has picked up in interest . The Americans turning it into a " fine cuisine  " which is  interesting.
    I can see more and more people enthusiastic about this which is great.

But to me simple is best . Freshly picked from the tree or soil and directly to the mouth  without any vias when possible creates a very special connection with nature.

Farming with nature where I would be able to do this daily is an ongoing dream of mine which I haven't managed to bring into the present ... yet.

Love from me
    mudra
    blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:28 pm

mudra wrote:Speaking of agriculture have you ever read the essay: The Boiling Frog (Is Us): Signs of Distress from 5000 B.C.E. to Today
    Arrow http://www.filmsforaction.org/news/the_boiling_frog/

Makes quite a bit of sense to me.

I am very much in favor of Permaculture which is farming with nature rather than against it .

The Raw live and organic way of feeding oneself is a concept that was born and gained interest
    through Guy Claude Burger in the 70's with the development of what he named " instinctotherapy ".

In practice the meals are constituted of  " original food  " that is to say raw organic, untreated, unseasoned, unprepared and not mixed.
    Nuts, vegetables, fruits, dried meat and fish. No eggs, grains or milk. We would eat one thing at a time chosen according to variation of smell perception, taste and repletion pretty much as animals in the wild do and then only go to another that now smelled best etc...

In those days I  practised this for over a year and believe this is the best thing I ever did although not very practical when one has a social life. I have neer been inclined to meat . I am more open to fish . During the year I practiced instinctotherapy my body's need for meat didn't change much. Only once or twice did meat smell  and taste good to me . From this experience I learned we are all different and that our bodies have different needs to function well.

This way of eating through pure instinct allowing the body to chose for himself what it needed and no more than it needed it was an amazing experience to me which brought lots of joy along. The feeling to know I had taken from nature only what was necessary made me feel extremely good and grateful.  

Since then the raw movement has picked up in interest . The Americans turning it into a " fine cuisine  " which is  interesting.
    I can see more and more people enthusiastic about this which is great.

But to me simple is best . Freshly picked from the tree or soil and directly to the mouth  without any vias when possible creates a very special connection with nature.

Farming with nature where I would be able to do this daily is an ongoing dream of mine which I haven't managed to bring into the present ... yet.

Love from me
    mudra

Meat is a luxury and we dont buy any more than we feel the need for . If we invite someone over for dinner and they say no meat that's fine , we can easily accommodate that . I am trying to steer my family more towards fish actually and making progress but my daughter is a meat fiend, she just loves it. I know why ,its genetic, but meat is expensive so to steer her away from eating to much I have to do Pizza quite a lot . So guess what her favourite Pizza is ? Marguerite with cheese . She loves cheese .

Back in the day before middle eastern religious madness infested Europe , people lived close to nature , worshiped Mother earth , not Jehovah, and lived sustainable lives close to nature .Fruits ,grains, nuts, wild game and milk from domesticated goats, cows.

Then came the Royals ,all claiming direct lineal descent from Jesus (yeah right ) and stealing the land from the people 'in gods name' of course. Divine right to rule, land enclosures ,theft of common land and forests . Thanks Jesus , we have been in debt for your fake crucifixion ever since.
    Its really just the Moses story (another fake legend) recycled. And Abraham too , the guy who likes sleeping with his own daughters . Hey , its a royal tradition already. First Europe , now the world bends to the knee of this rabid Rabbi cult of celestial celebrity. What an absolute crock.

All religions impose silly restrictions on food .Kosher ! What a rip off that racket is . But if you control what people eat you control their lives. All religious enslaver's know this .

No two people like exactly the same kind of food ,even within the same family . Accept it ,tolerate it. Dont dictate to people what they can and cannot eat . Who the hell do you think you are when you do that ? God almighty ? Pretty much.

When wild predators hunt its usually very quick . But there is a subtext to the chase and that is that it is also sexual . For every life taken , new life is nurtured . The falcon feeds a rabbit to its young and the circle of life goes on . Rabbits are hardly an endangered species and they Breed like Catholics.
    Well okay they dont breed that fast but a close second.

Falcons keep vermin in check , Vermin keep cockroaches in check, cockroaches keep rotting scraps from breeding disease. If you mess with natures system you end up with chronic diseases like cancer etc.

How can you condemn drinking cows milk ,then embrace coconut milk ? Whats the difference ? Seeds are made for growing baby plants yet you have no trouble depriving them of the chance to grow, Grain Killer !

How can you say its wrong to eat dairy because it was designed only for cow babies , then eat plants ?
    If we pursue that logic to its finality we should only be eating each other .

All life feeds on other life in some way shape or form . If you cant accept that ,go eat rocks. Actually there are plants that do just that , why not pull up a chair and chow down . But I dont think omnivorous teeth are quite evolved to work on that stuff.

blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:51 pm

Sorry Mudra ,I am not sure I fully addressed your input though I think you made many excellent points. Its raining cats and dogs outside which is great for my fruit and nut Trees but is ruining my building schedule.

There are so many different balances of diet that are good for you I think. I love Spinach for example so we make spinach curry a lot . But its got a lot of Oxalic acid so I have noticed if I eat it to often my Urine starts to get that distinct smell that indicates damage to Kidneys/Liver. Its strong stuff Oxalic acid. So the best way to neutralize it is with an alkaline calcium fat buffer . Dairy Cheese and yoghurt .

Palak Paneer is Spinach curry with home made cheese . Paneer is easy to make . Jug of milk,warm it up ,then add the juice of a lemon to make it curdle. Rinse it through cheese cloth to separate the curds from the whey and bingo . Cheese in half and hour .
    Indian spices are so good for you . Tumeric ,ginger ,cumin, all that good stuff.

But yes I also like to pick raw and eat raw . You get an instant rush of energy and feel good from raw food . And its concentrated goodness , not bulging store bought fake fruit that's Pretty to look at . Store bought oranges are terrible . Pulpy tasteless rubbish.

Food freedom is direct connection to the source because it is the source . I thank my Orange tree every time I pee underneath her . She healed my eyesight big time last year . My Lemon tree gives us fruit all year round . Bulk Vitamin C is precious stuff . No way you get that quality from supplements or store bought fruit.

The other thing I think is so true is that variety really is the spice of life.Your body needs change as much as you do. You cant feed it the same menu for weeks on end. It gets bored and craves something different.

Everyone should grow at least a percentage of their own food or be part of a community garden . When you have time and experience invested in real food it transforms your relationships and understanding of it.

Starve the body of balance and you starve the mind . I caught a vegan friend eating a burger and chips on a date once ! you could see she was loving it. Sure she said , i know its not good for me but right now I am enjoying it. So I think,well okay , whats wrong with breaking the mold now and then?

It should be law for local govt to provide a minimum amount of land for common gardens, Land to plant fruit and nut tree's , land to raise and keep chickens. Kids Love spending time with animals. My daughter adores her chickens and hugs them . They love the attention once they get used to it.

Its time to make time while there still is time ,to heal this planet with healthy food. Good food can pull people out of the severest depression with just one meal. Its the junk food that makes them depressed. Sharing a healthy meal just brings so much joy to people's faces .

Nature is happy to share her bounty with us if we respect her and not rape her . Nobody who has gone organic and tasted real food for the first time ever wants to go back to factory farm crap. Organic is High octane super food, not empty calories gift wrapped in plastic.

Really all I am trying to say is , whatever your food preference is fine by me but if we start trying to claim moral superiority via our Diet ,its a slippery slope to division and resentment . People say pigs are dirty and roll in mud so you should not eat their meat.
    Rubbish. Mud is an amazing body detox . Its draws out anything bad and makes a great sun block for pigs in summer so they dont get sunburn.
    Yes they do eat feces but so what . Keeps their immune system strong. Pig manure is one of the best manures you can get for organic gardening too.
    Im thinking of getting a small black one in the future .
    My daughter used to love getting covered in mud and running around naked in the grass. Its so good for kids to do that.

But dont let the church goers know you walk around naked in the garden in the morning . To late for me . I do it all the time and I dont give a damn who sees it either. Sunday Best ? I was born wearing it , whats your problem ? You go church to worship BDSM on a cross and you say I am sick for enjoying my bare feet on cool grass ? ! WTF.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:41 am