tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+3
giovonni
Carol
THEeXchanger
7 posters

2 moons appear - the earth has a 2nd moon

THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

2 moons appear - the earth has a 2nd moon Empty 2 moons appear - the earth has a 2nd moon

Post  THEeXchanger Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:35 pm

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

2 moons appear - the earth has a 2nd moon Empty Re: 2 moons appear - the earth has a 2nd moon

Post  Carol Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:49 pm

Pretty cool Susan. Thank you for the link.

Quote:

BUSBY - Residents of this small Australian town were shocked to see two full moons in sky!

Tonight, there’s a full moon in Busby, Australia. Many residents were admiring it when at 1:20 a.m., local time, a second moon rose in the night sky. Residents couldn’t believe what they were seeing!

Astronomers across the world were alerted to this sighting and have confirmed the existence of a second earth moon. “We have never seen anything like this before,” said researcher Rich Montano at the University of California, Los Angeles. “There had been some rumors that a second moon was seen over Hong Son, Thailand in 1967, but it was only seen for a few hours and only in that one location, but now everyone across Australia can see the second moon. It’s awe-inspiring.”

Residents of Los Angeles, and the rest of the world, will be able to see the second moon with the naked eye as night falls. Busby residents are out in the streets staring up in wonder at the second moon. “It’s exciting, but also frightening,” said Carol McNulty of Busby. “It’s so beautiful, but what does it mean? Why did the second moon appear tonight? Why?”

read more at Susan's link.

However this article is from the following 2 moons appear - the earth has a 2nd moon Wwn_logo3

If any of our members spots a second moon please let us know as we only saw one out last night on our drive home from Hilo.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

2 moons appear - the earth has a 2nd moon Empty Re: 2 moons appear - the earth has a 2nd moon

Post  THEeXchanger Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:23 pm

i think this is just satire - and, not real
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Well ~ i am assuming this is not really a legit source ~ cos i have not heard of this occurrence yet Blushes ... But perhaps it could possibly be an orbiting satellite (moon) just out on the fringes of an accompany incoming large heavenly body entering our solar neighborhood...

or one of these options... Question
    http://dozyskaleidoscope.blogspot.com/2011/08/why-is-there-second-moon-in-sky.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Other_moons_of_Earth
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:15 pm

Satire or not, it's still a cool picture. One would think if it were real there would be significant quakes and sea level changes.

lawlessline
    lawlessline

Post  lawlessline Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:38 am

This is the satire but the info is interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1zuAQAhhMI

t
    Simplicity
    Simplicity

2 moons appear - the earth has a 2nd moon Empty What is this?

Post  Simplicity Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:05 pm

A friend of mine took this pic of the moon on the lake Friday night (September 2, I think)

2 moons appear - the earth has a 2nd moon Squigglemoon1

and then....

2 moons appear - the earth has a 2nd moon Squigglemoon-1

It didn't look like that at the time. She found it on her camera like that.

......any ideas
    ?

Last edited by Simplicity on Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *posted 2nd pic)
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:54 pm

It might've just been simple camera movement, but I don't doubt that there are a lot of hidden interesting and intelligently guided objects in our solar system. I thinking that the entire solar system is teeming with intelligent or semi-intelligent activity. Unfortunately, I suspect that a lot of this activity is evil, and non-friendly toward humanity as we know it. I really do want this solar system cleaned up with all deliberate speed. Objects could be hidden behind the Moon, the Sun, or various planets. Moons and asteroids could be intelligently guided spaceships. I'm trying to prepare myself for just about anything...
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:26 pm

It looks like the camera was moving - either that or we're watching a another time shift happen and she caught it. Insanely Happy

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:24 am

Simplicity wrote:A friend of mine took this pic of the moon on the lake Friday night (September 2, I think)

and then....

2 moons appear - the earth has a 2nd moon Squigglemoon-1

It didn't look like that at the time. She found it on her camera like that.

......any ideas
    ?

I saw something very similar to the first photo on Friday night also Simplicity. It was around 7:30pm Melbourne time and unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me to take a photo. Wish I had've. The crescent was more down to the bottom here and the .... whatever it was alongside the moon ? .... was a little more to the left, so the ^ effect was more central. It was very, very weird and had me thinking my eyes must have been playing tricks on me.

See the image below to view the only thing I can figure out from this anomoly.

As for the second image, the only thing I can think of there is that she caught the second sphere as it was moving......so quickly that that's how the camera captured it's progression. Notice there's only one place in which the larger sphere, the Moon, is visible.

Haha. Is that possible??

I'll definitely be keeping a check on it from now on. Wink
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:59 am

The anomaly of the first photo could have been the result of something flying past that obscured the full shot of the moon.

Simplicity
    Simplicity

Post  Simplicity Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:29 pm

Several people have stated that there was something weird happening with the moon that night.
    I don't know what time it was but we're in the US.
    If the camera moved, wouldn't it be in a straighter line?
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:55 pm

It depends on how it may have moved. It certainly is an interesting photo.

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:34 am

If the Moon is really an orbiting spaceship, is there a possibility that it was undergoing a propulsion test, prior to leaving the solar system? My preference would be for the really bad guys and gals to either be incarcerated or to simply leave the solar system, but it might be beneficial for most (or all) of the hardware to remain in the solar system, including spacecraft, subsurface bases, moons, planets, asteroids (especially ufo/asteroids), high technology -- and perhaps some genuinely reformed bad guys and gals -- to help us deal with a cold, cruel, and complex universe...
    Simplicity
    Simplicity

Post  Simplicity Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:28 pm

I sure don't have answers for those, but here's a brighter place for ya Oxy :)

2 moons appear - the earth has a 2nd moon Dreamworld

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:23 pm