tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+22
We Are You
Eartheart
Aquaries1111
hobbit
Lionhawk
Brook
burgundia
lindabaker
Beren
Sanicle
Rasa
starninja
malletzky
icecold
Mercuriel
TRANCOSO
Mariadine
Floyd
mudra
Carol
Vidya Moksha
devakas
26 posters

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts

devakas
    devakas

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 Empty Hilton for cows

Post  devakas Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:04 pm

A new farm as sanctuary for cattle was opened in England. Cows are hand-milked while relaxing music is played to the cows and they are allowed to live full live cycle.

...makes me smile just knowing that ...
    Another sustainable community!

More to read about

Facts and Figures

New Gokul farm

* 40 tonnes of milk per year
    * Cows are hand-milked and sacred music played in the background
    * Bullocks pull the plough and harrow and other farm equipment to cultivate the land without the use of tractors.
    * This will achieve Bhaktivedanta Manor’s day to day needs of fresh milk
    * 44 cows (20 bulls and 24 cows)
    * Only 6 milking
    * 1000 litres of milk a week are produced
    * 8 staff attend the cows
    * Milking time is 4.30am and 2pm everyday
    * Cost per cow (in terms of sponsorship) is £351 per year
    * £3.00 litre of milk: cost to produce
    * We make our own panner, yoghurt an ghee (for the lamps and cooking)
    * The cows require 105 acres of land (53 extra acres are rented)
    * Favorite foods of the cows include cabbage, carrots and jagari (raw sugar cane)
    * Cow are never put down
    * 4 calves at the moment
    * New Gokul farm cost £2.5 million
    * When cows die a nice ceremony is conducted
    * 8 acres of land are dedicated to the communities developing horticulture project.

Five Star Hotel for cows

Very Happy
    devakas
    devakas

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 Empty Re: Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts

Post  devakas Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:14 pm

Hilton of Farms

devakas
    devakas

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 Empty Re: Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts

Post  devakas Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:17 pm

update

Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:19 pm

Yep - This is awesome news...

I always liked Cows and whenever I drive by one or see one I usually say ;

"MOoooOOoOOOOooo...."

When I do this Hadriel always laughs...

We have been weaning Ourselves from the Meat Eater's Diet. We mostly eat Pasta, Veggies and Fruits now but I will admit to a little bit of Chicken every once in awhile. That said - I know I must forsake ALL Meat at some Point.

Alas - The Choices We must make...

Wink

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:28 pm

Mercuriel wrote:Yep - This is awesome news...

I always liked Cows and whenever I drive by one or see one I usually say ;

"MOoooOOoOOOOooo...."

When I do this Hadriel always laughs...

We have been weaning Ourselves from the Meat Eater's Diet. We mostly eat Pasta, Veggies and Fruits now but I will admit to a little bit of Chicken every once in awhile. That said - I know I must forsake ALL Meat at some Point.

Alas - The Choices We must make...

Wink

You have good will and good intention and it is already really very good brother Mercuriel.

I like music in the farm and really feel peace and happiness those boys and girls are creating and enjoing...

nice videos....

I also happened to see-drive by "California's Happy Cows" in the mid of California. Dont ask about the view as a black spot of cattle in square miles and the smelllllll ..... just dont ask... :)
    devakas
    devakas

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 Empty Colgate Accused of Stealing Thousand-Year-Old Ayurvedic Toothpaste

Post  devakas Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:37 pm

I just wish that Association of Ayurvedic Medicines that promotes traditional remedies win and win big.

Colgate Accused of Stealing Thousand-Year-Old Toothpaste
    Updated: Thursday, 21 Oct 2010, 2:52 PM EDT
    Published : Thursday, 21 Oct 2010, 8:40 AM EDT

(NewsCore) - A legal dispute between the U.S. and India over a herbal toothpaste was leaving a bitter aftertaste between the two countries Thursday, with Colgate Palmolive accused of filing a bogus patent.

Colgate, the world’s largest producer of toothpaste, patented a toothcleaning powder in the hope that it would take the multibillion-dollar Indian oral hygiene market by storm.

However, Indian activists claim that the patent is bogus because the ingredients -- including clove oil, camphor, black pepper and spearmint -- have been used for the same purpose for hundreds, “if not thousands,” of years on the subcontinent.

The dispute is likely to become a test case for who owns India’s folk medicines -- a repository potentially worth billions.

The American household goods giant was granted the patent in the U.S. in June for what it claimed was a groundbreaking “red herbal dentifrice.” The patent, the Indian activists allege, is the latest act of “biopiracy” -- whereby Western corporations plunder techniques, plants or genes used in the emerging world for centuries, for commercial profit.

“This toothpowder is classical in origin,” said Devender Triguna, the president of the Association of Manufactures of Ayurvedic Medicines, an Indian body that promotes traditional remedies. It is demanding that the Indian government take legal action against Colgate.

“The ingredients date back to antiquity. They have been used by the common Indian man for thousands of years. So how can it possibly be patented?” Triguna asked.

Colgate did not respond to a request for comment. However, its patent filing argues that the use of red iron oxide, which is less abrasive than ingredients in traditional toothpaste, is new.

The case is the latest to anger India as it becomes increasingly vocal over the alleged pillaging of its ancient knowledge for commercial gain. It is one of 17 nations to form the Group of Like-Minded Megadiverse Countries, an alliance that has accused richer countries of tapping the emerging world’s natural resources for medicines and cosmetics without paying royalties.

India is in the process of creating 34 million webpages to document its ancient medicinal techniques to stop them from being claimed by foreign profiteers.
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:49 pm

As I saw the Vedic Scripts from Our Indian Brothers and Sisters being discussed here - I thought this would be a good place for these Pics...

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 0405y

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 0406c

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 0407f

I hope I am not intruding in on this Post with these Pics of East Indian flying craft (IFOs) spoken of in the Mahabharata...

Musical

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:56 pm

Mercuriel wrote:As I saw the Vedic Scripts from Our Indian Brothers and Sisters being discussed here - I thought this would be a good place for these Pics...

I hope I am not intruding in on this Post with these Pics of East Indian flying craft (IFOs) spoken of in the Mahabharata...

Musical

thanks Mercuriel for your post!

...spoken of in the [i]Mahabharata 5 thousand years ago!! It blows my mind... :0

Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:10 pm

Yep - The East Indians laugh at Us for NOT believing in Them as a Generality...

To Them - UFOs are - "Of course" whereas what We get over here in NA and Europe is "Get real"...

Ei Yei Yei...

Musical

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:16 pm

Orville Wright demonstrated on December 17th 1903 that it was possible for a ‘manned heavier than air machine to fly’. But, in 1895, eight years earlier, the Sanskrit scholar Shivkar Bapuji Talpade had designed a basic aircraft called Marutsakthi (meaning Power of Air) based on Vedic technology and had it take off unmanned before a large audience in the Chowpathy beach of Bombay. The importance of the Wright brothers lies in the fact, that it was a manned flight for a distance of 120 feet and Orville Wright became the first man to fly. But Talpade’s unmanned aircraft flew to a height of 1500 feet before crashing down and the historian Evan Koshtka, has described Talpade as the ‘first creator of an aircraft’.

Talpade passed away in 1916 un-honored, in his own country.

As the world rightly honors the Wright Brothers for their achievements, we should think of Talpade, who utilized the ancient knowledge of Sanskrit texts, to fly an aircraft, eight years before his foreign counterparts.

One essential factor in the creation of these Vedic aircraft was the timing of the Suns Rays or Solar energy (as being now utilized by NASA) when they were most effective to activate the mercury ions of the engine.

According to Knapp, the Vaimanika Shastra describes in detail, the construction of what is called, the mercury vortex engine the forerunner of the ion engines being made today by NASA. Knapp adds that additional information on the mercury engines can be found in the ancient Vedic text called Samaranga Sutradhara. This text also devotes 230 verses, to the use of these machines in peace and war. The Indologist William Clarendon, who has written down a detailed description of the mercury vortex engine in his translation of Samaranga Sutradhara quotes thus,

‘Inside the circular air frame, place the mercury-engine with its solar mercury boiler at the aircraft center. By means of the power latent in the heated mercury which sets the driving whirlwind in motion a man sitting inside may travel a great distance in a most marvellous manner. Four strong mercury containers must be built into the interior structure. When these have been heated by fire through solar or other sources the Vimana (aircraft) develops thunder-power through the mercury.

NASA (National Aeronautical and Space Administration) world’s richest/ most powerful scientific organization is trying to create an ion engine that is a device that uses a stream of high velocity electrified particles instead of a blast of hot gases like in present day modern jet engines. Surprisingly according to the bi-monthly Ancient Skies published in USA, the aircraft engines being developed for future use by NASA by some strange coincidence also uses mercury bombardment units powered by Solar cells! Interestingly, the impulse is generated in seven stages.

The mercury propellant is first vaporized fed into the thruster discharge chamber ionized converted into plasma by a combination with electrons broke down electrically and then accelerated through small openings in a screen to pass out of the engine at velocities between 1200 to 3000 kilometers per minute! But so far NASA has been able to produce an experimental basis only a one pound of thrust by its scientists a power derivation virtually useless. But 108 years ago Talpade was able to use his knowledge of Vaimanika Shastra to produce sufficient thrust to lift his aircraft 1500 feet into the air!

Aeroplane parts described in details in the Vedic scripts:

Vishwakriyaadarpana or mirror of outside views

Shaktyaakarshana or energy attracting mirror

Parivesha mechanism above the hood of the vimana

Angopasamhaara yantra or folding up yantra at the 7th bindukeelaka

Vistritakriyaa or opening out yantra, location in the middle of the 11th section

Vyroopya darpana

Padmachakramukha at the sirobhaaga or crest of the vimana

The kuntinee Shakti mechanism is to be in the neck of the vimana

Pushpinee and pinjulaa mirrors are to be in the right side of the centre

At the front of the left side are to be located the Naalapanchaka or five pipes

Guhaagarbha.mirror yantra is to be in the front part of the stomach of the plane

Thamoyantra at the north western side

Pancha Vaataskandha naala on the western centre

Rowdree mirror

Vaataskandha keelaka at the bottom centre

Shaktisthaana at the front and right sides

Shabda kendra mukha at the left side

Vidyutdwaadashaka at the north east side

Praanakundala at the moola of the vimana

Shaktiudgama at the navel of the vimana

Vakraprasaarana at the side of Vimanaadhaara

Shakthipanjara in the central portion

Shirahkeelaka at the head of the vimana

Shabdaakarshaka yantra at the shoulder

Pata prasaarana at the bottom centre

Dishaampatiyantra at the left front

Pattikaabhraka at the centre of the hood of the vimana

Solar power attractor at the top of the vimana

Apasmaara or poison gas at the sandhi naala mukha or junction tube front

Sthambhana yantra at the bottom

Vyshwaanara naala at the navel centre

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Sanskrit texts are filled with references to gods who fought battles in the sky using Vimanas equipped with weapons as deadly as any we can deploy in these times:

In the Mahabharatra, an ancient Indian poem of enormous length, we learn that an individual named Asura Maya had a Vimana measuring twelve cubits in circumference, with four strong wheels. The poem is a veritable gold mine of information relating to conflicts between gods who settled their differences apparently using weapons as lethal as the ones we are capable of deploying. Apart from 'blazing missiles', the poem records the use of other deadly weapons. 'Indra's Dart' operated via a circular 'reflector'. When switched on, it produced a 'shaft of light' which, when focused on any target, immediately 'consumed it with its power'. In one particular exchange, the hero, Krishna, is pursuing his enemy, Salva, in the sky, when Salva's Vimana, the Saubha is made invisible in some way. Undeterred, Krishna immediately fires off a special weapon:

'I quickly laid on an arrow, which killed by seeking out sound'.

Many other terrible weapons are described, quite matter of factly, in the Mahabharata, but the most fearsome of all is the one used against the Vrishis. The narrative records:

"Gurkha flying in his swift and powerful Vimana hurled against the three cities of the Vrishis and Andhakas a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and fire, as brilliant as ten thousands suns, rose in all its splendor. It was the unknown weapon, the Iron Thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and Andhakas."

It is important to note, that these kinds of records are not isolated. They can be cross-correlated with similar reports in other ancient civilizations. The after-affects of this Iron Thunderbolt have an ominously recognizable ring. Apparently, those killed by it were so burnt that their corpses were unidentifiable. The survivors fared little better, as it caused their hair and nails to fall out.

Perhaps the most disturbing and challenging, information about these allegedly mythical Vimanas in the ancient records is that there are some matter-of-fact records, describing how to build one. In their way, the instructions are quite precise.

In the Sanskrit Samarangana Sutradhara, it is written:

"Strong and durable must the body of the Vimana be made, like a great flying bird of light material. Inside one must put the mercury engine with its iron heating apparatus underneath. By means of the power latent in the mercury which sets the driving whirlwind in motion, a man sitting inside may travel a great distance in the sky. The movements of the Vimana are such that it can vertically ascend, vertically descend, move slanting forwards and backwards. With the help of the machines human beings can fly in the air and heavenly beings can come down to earth."

The Hakatha (Laws of the Babylonians) states quite unambiguously:

"The privilege of operating a flying machine is great. The knowledge of flight is among the most ancient of our inheritances. A gift from 'those from upon high'. We received it from them as a means of saving many lives."

More fantastic still is the information given in the ancient Chaldean work, The Sifrala, which contains over one hundred pages of technical details on building a flying machine. It contains words which translate as graphite rod, copper coils, crystal indicator, vibrating spheres, stable angles, etc.

-------------------------

Special flying suits for pilots:
    • To provide season-compatible clothing

Attire is specially provided as a protection against harmful forces, energy beams, climatic effects. It is also a means to improve his efficiency, strength and resistance.

“Pata Samskara Ratnaakara” is the guiding text and preceptor quoted is Gaalava.

The raw materials quoted for manufacture of the special fabric include silk, cotton, moss, hair, mica and leather.

Process-intensive methods of manufacture are stipulated.

Draping of apparel is stated to be governed by the prescription of Agnimitra.
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:37 pm

More about flying vehicles described 5 thousand years ago in sanscrit texts:

MIRRORS as reflectors, deflectors, absorbers, radiators, augmenters of light and energy beams and so on.....

-----------------
    The chapter dealing with ‘Darpanaas’ or ‘Mirrors’ in the text ‘Vymanika Shastra’ is particularly significant. The term mirror has been referred to in a very generic sense. It is observed during the study of this topic that they are reflectors, deflectors, absorbers, radiators, augmenters of light and energy beams and so on.

The guiding text is ‘Mukura kalpa’, the author being Lallacharya. Seven such darpanas narrated are:

Viswakriya darpana -- Television aid

Shaktyaakarshana darpana -- Power capturing mirror

Vyroopya darpana -- Appearance changing mirror

{Kuntinee darpana, Pinjula darpana

Guhagarbhadarpana,Roudreedarpana } -- Energy related

Study of later part of the work shows that these darpanas are parts of system -specific on board contrivances grouped under ‘Yantraas’. The object of treating them exclusively under darpanas is obvious. They form the core components of yantraas. In fact we notice that many Yantras have derived names from the mirrors incorporated in them.

1) Vishwa kriyaa darpana:
    Provided as a visual display for the pilot in his cabin [cockpit], providing high resolution live picture relay of activities all round the vimana and hence called ‘Vishwa kriya darpana’. Kriyaasaara is the text of reference.

Note:

Some of the researchers have interpreted as activities going on all over the world, possibly based on usage of the term Viswakriya.

Composition:

Satva (2), Shundilaka (2), Eagle bone (1), Mercury (5), Foot nails of Sinchoranee (2), Mica (6), Red lead (5), Pearl dust (5), Eye balls of Sowmyaka fish (15), Burning coal (1), Snakes slough , Eye Pigment (3), Granite sand (10), Salts , Lead (4), Sea foam (2), White throated eagles skin (3), Five parts of Vyrajya or Keg tree bark.

A finely mixed powder of the ingredients in beaked crucible ®️ Chandodara furnace®️ 800° heat®️ Melt to be poured in to mould.

Observations: Ingredients are organic and inorganic substances including animal, birds, reptiles, oceanic and botanical origin.

--Hypersensitive optical properties of eagle, fish and pearls are well known.

--Display to the pilot is a useful Pre-flight and In-flight information to decide suitable course of action and may even relay the activities in the environ to the vimanas trailing. Notice the usefulness in reconnaissance and surveillance roles.

More of this during discussion on the main yantra later.

2. Shaktyakarshana darpana:
    Shaktyaakarshana yantra derives its name from its prime component Shktya karshana darpana.

--Use of this drapana is to counter the dangerous elements of energy due to solar ray, ethereal wind and heat in specified layers of atmospheric zone. The mirror enables in subduing or neutralizing the effects of this energy and protects the vimana.

--Dhundinatha and Paraankusha have discussed such dangerous energy sources.

Composition:

Haritaala (5), Virinchi (5), Salts , Gingelly husk (4), Diamond (6), Red mica (1), Burning coal , Sand (3), Tortoise egg (2), Bhaarami (3), Kanda (3), Powshkala (5), Coral (5) Pearl (2), sea shell (6), Borax , Shankha (5), Bengal Quince Seed (3).

Powdered and mixed ®️ in swan crucible ®️ heated in Mandooka furnace ®️ Boiled to 500 degree and poured in to vistrita mirror.

Observations:

A flight safety device against harmful atmospheric effects.

3. Vyroopya darpana:
    Recalling the concept of Vyroopya under special features dealt with earlier and later covered as a yantra under relevant chapter, vyroopya darpana is discussed here.

--To project a distorted or changed appearance of vimana, this mirror is made use of. It is a magical reflector intended to project / relay illusory shapes primarily to produce scary decoy images or animations, confusing the attacking pilots.

Composition:

Bone salt (5), Zinc (3), Lac (3), Iron , Shashabola (3), Raajakuraantika (2), Charcoal Ashes , Borax (3), Rakshaa , Sand (7), Liquorice oil (25), Maturna (6), Suncrystal (2), Kravyaada (3), Garada , Pistha (3), Arshogna Root, Varaaha Pitha (3), Ammonium Chloride (3).

Mix in crucible ®️ Boil to 800 degree in furnace ®️ Pour into Darpanasara yantra

4. Kuntineee mirror:
    To counter poisonous and evil atmospheric effects that derange the minds of the pilots, this mirror is provided as a safety gadget.

Composition:

Saurastra earth (5), Snakes slough (7), Sea foam (3), Shanmukha seeds (5), Zinc , Rhinoceros nails (3), Salts , Sand (7), Conch (4), Mercury (4), Yellow orpiment (4), Suranghrika (7), Gingely oil (5), Pearl shells , Sea shells (3), Camphor (4).

Purify in Shinjhika crucible ®️ heat in Shinjheera furnace at 700-degree ®️ produces morning-sun like kuntinee mirror.

5. Pinjula Mirror:
    In simple terms pinjula has been defined as conflicting interaction of solar rays. Quoting ‘Anshu Bodhinee’ propounded by Maharshi Bharadwaja, resultant force from interacting forces of solar energy, winds, heat (having different intensities from different directions), cause harmful effects on the eyeballs of flying crew. They are Andha, Andha kaara, Pinjoosha, Taarapa. These effects lead to blindness.

--Essentially conceived as a protective device for the pilots.

Composition:

Goat’s milk (6), Red lead (5), Salts , Sand (7), Tree gum (5), Copper (2), Lead (2), Surolika essence (4), Twak , Vaardhyushika (3), Kanda (3), Pistha or Gingelly husk (4), Orpiment (3), Timevellesema (3), Vrikodaree seed (4).

Purified, powdered, mixed, placed in crucible®️ heated in furnace to 700 degree ®️ poured in to mould.

6. Guha garbha darpana:
    Harnessing harmful energy of electricity from clouds, winds, rays and directing them against the enemy planes to disable, incapacitate them to fight.

Observation:

Using harmful energies available from the environment as a weapon against enemy forces-Distinctly a biological-weapon.

--Guide quoted is ‘Prapancha saara’ and ‘Sanmohana-kriyaa-kaanda.
    --Preceptors quoted- Vashistha, Lalla.

Composition:

Cowries (7), Manjula or Madder root (3), Sea foam (3), Ranjaka , Mandoora or Rust (6), Mercury , Orpiment’s (3), Matrumna (6), Mridani garbha essence (5), Sphatika (5), Industatwa (15), Sand , Kishora (6), Brahmika (7), Lead (2), Eye Pigment (6), Muchukunda (5), Gingely oil (2), Lohika (25), Sowrastra earth , Bones (3), Dambholi stava (5).

Purify the mix, powder, place in crucible ®️ melt up to 700 degree ®️ cooled, results in Guha garbha Darpana.

7. Rowdree Darpana:
    Mixing of rays of Rowdree beam and solar rays and projecting the resultant energy on enemy planes as a lethal weapon. The resultant energy appears to possess a high heat content and therefore melts everything it is projected upon.

Paraankusha and ‘Sanmohana Kriya Saara’ are the guiding references.

Composition:

Lead , Shalmali (3), Durvaa (7), Kudupinjara , Dronee (21), Sun crystal , Rudraanee Graavoshara (27), Betel leaves (6), Kowtila (Cool, Veeraabhra Linga (36), Salts , Sand (7), Matrumna (6), Dimbhika (3), Zinc , Ant hill earth (3), Gum (6), Kumbhinee (3), Sweta oil (3), Timmnevelli sema (27), Goodhaamla (6), Silk cotton , Virinchi Satva , Kada (5), Yellow Orpiment (3), Kaarmusha (7).

Purified, mixed, placed in crucible ®️ melted up to 800 degree ®️ yields Rowdree Darpana.

Summary of observations on mirrors:

On an average there are 20 ingredients in making of each mirror and 75% of these components are common factors, proportions being different.

Specific-to-type and unusual ingredients are Rhinoceros nails, Eyeballs of fish, Snake’s slough, Eagle’s skin, Eye pigments, which may be imparting particular properties. They are also of natural origin and were perhaps available in abundance from natural sources.

Characteristics or properties appear to be derived from strange and remote substances.

Most of the strange ingredients listed have something to do with optics.

Ayurveda and ancient chemistry need to be consulted in a big way to decode some of the materials.

Similar coded materials mentioned in the preparation of ‘Prakaasha sthambhana bhida’ have been successfully deciphered through suitable analyses and interpretation at National Metallurgical laboratory, Jamshedpur. (A copy of their report is appended as appendix - E).

Last edited by devakas on Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:43 pm

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Mercuriel wrote:Yep - The East Indians laugh at Us for NOT believing in Them as a Generality...

To Them - UFOs are - "Of course" whereas what We get over here in NA and Europe is "Get real"...

Ei Yei Yei...

Musical

I love you

Ei Yei Yei... indead... Flowers

We are so behind aren't we? Wake up ... wake up and get the cup of coffee Cup o

with love and gratitude to all in the mists...
    Mariadine
    Mariadine

Post  Mariadine Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:40 pm

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 Flyingobjects26_05 Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 Stupa3ns3

Very fascinating posts !!! :)
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:54 pm

Thanks Mariadine!
    The most advanced in West in knowledge of Vedas scripts are Hare Krishna movement devoties. Their work to spread the knowledge in whole world is amazing, their knowledge is facinating and at the same time as they say today is getting easier and easier for them as more people are awake and awakening. Krishna Consciousness devoties tell stories that they are more often stopped by people in airports, or by students in universities than any time before. People are asking for books to read more and more trying to ask questions than ever. The hidden knowledge is getting through in all countries and more and more young people are joining those mature souls with precious knowledge. It was predicted that this time will come and easier and faster than imagined.

Michael Cremo - archeologist covers most important and credible evidence of human race origins and hidden facts from humans.

do we need more facts?

Hare Krsna

Last edited by devakas on Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mariadine
    Mariadine

Post  Mariadine Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:39 am

Very good posts indeed ! cheers

Thank you ! Very Happy
    devakas
    devakas

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 Empty Great incarnation of Swami Srila Prabhupada or global phenomenon

Post  devakas Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:08 pm

Thanks dear Mariadine!

Most impressive late-life successful people mentioned in Newsweek.
    One of them is A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada, Founder of the Hare Krishna Movement

A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada's spiritual journey began early in life, but it wasn't until he went to New York from India in 1965 that the Hare Krishna phenomenon went global. Prabhupada, 69 years old at the time and holding about $7 to his name, made the trip alone from India to America on an ocean freighter. Soon after, he founded the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, the organization through which he recruited more followers to the denomination known as the Hare Krishna Movement. The movement was rooted in Hindu culture but embraced the idea of a single God. Prabhupada began touring the world on lecture tours, circling the globe 14 times in 11 years. In the photo, he speaks in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park in 1969. He eventually wrote more than 70 books before he died in 1977 at 81. Today the ISKC says it has more than 1 million followers worldwide.

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 1289850158648
    Mariadine
    Mariadine

Post  Mariadine Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:36 pm

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 Monjes-blog-image

8 Tour for Inner Peace. The Monks of the University Monastery of Gaden Shartse .
    They have been in Lisbon,Portugal. They leave on Thursday, I think...and they are on their way to USA.

It was great and I recomend the meditations, pujas, mantras and chants, the medical and astrology consultations, the pneuma, etc...all of it...:) I attended several and it was quite an experience !!!

But , my friends, You have to check in your country where they are going and the program. I don't have that information. The tibetan/budist organizations must have the Info.

http://inkarriportugal.wordpress.com/2010/02/20/ultimas-noticias-inkarri-portugal/

Love
    MD
    devakas
    devakas

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 Empty Could Star Wars be Based on Vedic Literature?

Post  devakas Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:24 pm

based on recent discussions about possible war in the skies.... thought it would add the spice to it.
    Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 Jedi-in-the-lotus%20A

A new book by scholar and popular ISKCON author Satyaraja Dasa (Steven J. Rosen) investigates the connection between two unlikely bedfellows—Star Wars and the Hindu Tradition. Or, perhaps more accurately, Star Wars and the family of religious traditions often termed “Hindu,” such as Vaishnavism, Shaivism and Shaktism.

You might be doing a double-take right now. Wait—you mean, Star Wars, the phenomenally popular series of fictitious sci-fi films, created purely as entertainment? And Hinduism, an ancient spiritual tradition meant for developing love of God and freeing oneself from this material world?

Do not adjust your computer screens. Not having been a fan of the film series, Satyaraja Dasa, author of The Jedi in the Lotus: Star Wars and the Hindu Tradition, wasn't overtly aware of the connection either. That is until Rajiv Malhotra, leader of the Hindu organization the Infinity Foundation, contacted him in 2000.

Malhotra was familiar with Satyaraja's many pevious books on the subject of “Hinudism” and his reputation as a scholar of the tradition. So he approached him to document the many similarities between Star Wars and Hinduism that Hindus everywhere had reportedly pointed out.

Satyaraja agreed. “I did, however, explain to him that I would have to point out at the beginning of the book that the word 'Hindusim' is a misnomer,” he says. “I said I'd be happy to subtitle the book 'Star Wars and the Hindu Tradition' to attract the interest of the Hindu community. But my interest was to show how Star Wars reflects Sanatan Dharma, the eternal function of the soul described in Vaishnavism, rather than the so-called sectarian Hindu tradition which came later.”

As was his style, Satyaraja threw himself into the work, watching all six Star Wars movies one after the other, and reading every book about the series. Soon, he too noticed many parallels between Star Wars and the Vedic tradition, and became inspired.

“It was exciting that, although there were books on Star Wars from Christian, Buddhist, and Daoist points of view, no one had yet written a book on the series' obvious parallels with the Hindu tradition,” he says.

Satyaraja explains that George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars, was friends with and heavily influenced by Joseph Campbell, the famed mythologist, and even said, “There'd be no Star Wars without him.” Campbell's “preferred stock of myths,” as he called them, included the Ramayana and the Mahabharata, ancient Vedic histories about God's avatars written thousands of years ago.

Although he never specifically mentioned these books, George Lucas did say in interviews that he had “drawn from 'Hindu mythology.'” And following the release of the first Star Wars film in 1977, he stated that its story was shaped, in part, by ideas described in Campbell's book The Hero with a Thousand Faces, in which the main examples of the “monomyth”—a kind of archetypal hero story—are given from the stories of ancient India.

In The Jedi in the Lotus, released this October, Satyaraja shows that this influence yielded in Star Wars many startling parallels with the Vedic epics. For instance, he compares the plot of the original Star Wars trilogy to the plot of the Ramayana.

In Star Wars, Princess Leia is kidnapped and held against her will by an evil Warlord, Darth Vader. Her desperate cry for help is delivered by a mysterious non-human entity—the android R2-D2—to the youthful hero Luke Skywalker. The hero then comes to the princess's rescue, aided by a devoted and noble creature that is half-man and half-animal, Chewbacca.

By the end of the original "Star Wars" trilogy, Luke, aided by the mystical Jedi knight Obi-Wan Kenobi and leading legions of anthropomorphic bear soldiers, wages a huge war. Darth Vader and his evil empire are defeated, the princess is returned to safety, and peace and righteousness return.

By comparison, in the Ramayana, Princess Sita is also kidnapped and held against her will by the demon Ravana. Her cry for help is delivered by a mysterious non-human entity—the talking vulture Jatayu—to the youthful hero Lord Rama. Rama then comes to his wife's rescue, aided by a devoted and noble creature that is half-man and half-animal, the monkey god Hanuman.

Rama also wages a war to get Sita back, leading an army of Vanaras (bears and monkeys who have anthropomorphic characteristics), and finally rescues her from Ravana. The forces of the underworld defeated, Rama-raja (the kingdom of truth and righteousness) reigns supreme.

Satyaraja says that George Lucas didn't exactly deny all these similarities, but was very guarded about his influences, saying enigmatically, “I'm telling an old myth in a new way.”

There are also other parallels between Star Wars and the Vedic tradition. The relationship between Yoda and Luke is similar to the traditional guru/disciple relationship, and Satyaraja says that the instructions Yoda gives are “almost verbatim” from the Bhagavad-gita, the ancient spiritual manual spoken by Lord Krishna to Arjuna.

“Yoda teaches Luke self-control, and the importance of restraining the senses,” he explains. “Every Jedi, he says, must overcome desire and anger. Similarly, in the Bhagavad-gita, it is written, “By the time death arrives, one must be able to tolerate the urges of the material senses and overcome the force of desire and anger. If one does so, he will be well situated and able to leave his body without regret.”

Yoda also describes “The Force” as the source of the Jedis' strength, and, in fact, all abilities, just as Krishna describes himself in the Bhagavad-gita: “Of all that is material and all that is spiritual, know for certain that I am both the origin and dissolution. . . .Everything rests upon Me, as pearls are strung on a thread. . . . I am the ability in man.”

The Force is also described as a kind of divinity that is pure energy—it penetrates and surrounds everything that exists, and holds the galaxy together. This is similar to Brahman, the impersonal manifestation of God. The personal aspect to the Force is also highlighted in Return of the Jedi, where Yoda tells us that the Force is his 'ally,' and alludes to 'the Force's love.' This points towards Bhagavan, God himself. And Yoda also talkes about the importance of getting in tune with one's higher self, essentially describing the third aspect of God described in the Vedas—Paramatma.

In addition, the chivalrous form of warfare imbued with ethics and spirituality that Yoda teaches to the Jedi knights is just like that of the noble Ksatriya warriors of ancient Vedic times. Just as Yoda teaches the Jedi to be non-agressive but valiant, Dronacharya of the Mahabharata trains the Pandava heroes to be righteous protectors of the innocent.

Of course, some may say the parallels drawn in The Jedi in the Lotus are mere coincidences, seen as something more by a practioner of the Vaishnava tradition who will relate anything to Krishna consciousness. And some of the similarities described by Satyaraja do seem like a stretch—for instance, his assertion that “Yoda's name is closely linked to the Sanskrit 'yuddha,' which means 'war'.” Or his excitement about the fact that as a student in one film, Luke Skywalker sports a shaved head and a 'sikha,' a tuft of hair worn by Vaishnavas to show that they are servants of God.

Satyaraja himself does admit that monks in the Chinese and Japanese traditions also have such tufts of hair. And he's not afraid to say that a lot of the parallels he draws probably are coincidences. But he is convinced that many of them are more than that.

“In the afterward of the book, I say that now that the reader has looked through all of the parallels, he can decide for himself if they're coincidental, or if there really is enough overlap to make it obvious that Lucas was influenced by the Vedic texts,” he explains. “I, as someone who has researched this thoroughly, am convinced, without a shadow of a doubt, that he was.”

Supporting Satyaraja's claim in the forward to The Jedi in the Lotus is Jonathan Young, a PhD, psychologist and founding curator of the Joseph Campbell Archives. Close to both Campbell and Lucas, Young says the book “reveals how the wisdom of India permeates the Star Wars films” and “takes us inside the tales of the Jedi to document the profound Eastern teachings that George Lucas conveys in the series.”

Whether or not you share Satyaraja's conviction that Star Wars was influenced by the Vedic texts, there's no doubt that The Jedi in the Lotus is a scholarly book that uses a pop culture phenomenon to powerfully present ancient authoritative teachings. And Satyaraja is clear about his goal in writing it.

“You're not going to get spiritual truths from Lucas' movies,” he says. “But what the Star Wars series can do is open people up to the idea that there's something beneath the surface. And I point my readers to the ancient texts and the religions that came from them to get to the real crux of spirituality—whether it's Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hindusim, or the science of spirituality, Vaishnavism.”

It's very possible that The Jedi in the Lotus could provide the basis for thousands of people to enter deeper into Eastern spirituality. In 2001, more than 70,000 people in Australia, 53,000 in New Zealand, and nearly 40,000 in the UK declared in their respective censuses that they are followers of the Jedi faith, the 'religion' created by the Star Wars films. And while it's believed some stated this simply to mock the census or as an act of protest against it, there are many genuine Jedi adherents.

“Star Wars may be a fictional story created for entertainment, but the principles of a Jedi are ones that anyone can appreciate,” says Satyaraja. “And they are very similar to those described by Krishna in the Bhagavad-gita as belonging to a transcendentalist: 'One who is not disturbed in mind even amidst the threefold miseries or elated when there is happiness, and who is free from attachment, fear and anger, is called a sage of steady mind.'”

Satyaraja is sure that his book will find Star Wars fans who will appreciate this message, despite being released years after it was originally intended to be. The Jedi in the Lotus was originally completed in 2003, and would have been released in the midst of the prequel trilogy and a new wave of Star Wars hysteria. But when Columbia University Press, who had first optioned it, changed their publishing policies and passed, the book was delayed until October 2010, when it was picked up by UK publisher Arktos.

“It was a blessing in the end—there couldn't be a better time to release the book than today,” Satyaraja says.

He's referring to Lucasfilm's recent announcement that it will re-release all six Star Wars movies in 3D, starting with the Phantom Menace in 2012. And a TV series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, is currently running on Cartoon Network.

“Star Wars is set to continue being in the public consciousness for many years to come,” Satyaraja says. “It's a perennial thing—I don't think Star Wars will ever go out of vogue. And I hope that by reading The Jedi in the Lotus, its fans will find an even more detailed description of the Jedi than the one found in the films; and that they will be encouraged to investigate the Vedic literature to learn even more.”

Read more: http://news.iskcon.org/node/3305#ixzz17RYbJXwp
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:33 pm

Indra is the King of the gods and Lord of Heaven and also he is the God of War, Storms, and Rainfall.

Indra fights the Rakasasa

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 Indra

“Many hundreds and thousands of demons, demi-demons, Yaksas, Rakasasas [man-eaters] and others, headed by Sumali and Mali, resisted the armies of King Indra, which even death personified cannot easily overcome. Among the demons were Namuci, Sambara, Anarva, Dvimurdha, Rsabha, Asura, Hayagr! iva, Sankusira, Vipracitti, Ayomukha, Puloma, Vrsaparva, Praheti, Heti and Utkala. Roaring tumultuously and fearlessly like lions, these invincible demons, all dressed in golden ornaments, gave pain to the demigods with weapons like clubs, bludgeons, arrows, barbed darts, mallets and lances.”

Srimad-Bhagavatam 6:10:19

“Both the demigods and the demons are expert in activities involving the material energy, but the demigods are devotees of the Lord, whereas the demons are just the opposite. The demigods and demons churned the ocean of milk to get nectar from it, but the demons, not being devotees of the Lord, could derive no profit. After feeding nectar to the demigods, Lord Visnu returned to His abode on the back of Garuda, but the demons, being most aggrieved, again declared war against the demigods. Bali Maharaja, the son of Virocana, became the commander in chief of the demons. In t! he beginning of the battle, the demigods prepared to defeat the demons.. Indra, King of heaven, fought with Bali, and other demigods, like Vayu, Agni and Varuna, fought against other leaders of the demons. In this fight the demons were defeated, and to save themselves from death they began to manifest many illusions through material maneuvers, killing many soldiers on the side of the demigods. The demigods, finding no other recourse, surrendered again to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu, who then appeared and counteracted all the illusions presented by the jugglery of the demons. Heroes among the demons such as Kalanemi, Mali, Sumali and Malyavan fought the Supreme Personality of Godhead and were all killed by the Lord. The demigods were thus freed from all dangers.”

Srimad-Bhagavatam 8:10 Summary

“Having been graced by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the demigods began fighting the demons again, with renewed energy. King Indra released his th! underbolt against Bali, and when Bali fell, his friend Jambhasura attacked Indra, who then cut off Jambhasura’s head with his thunderbolt. When Narada Muni learned that Jambhasura had been killed, he informed Jambhasura’s relatives Namuci, Bala and Paka, who then went to the battlefield and attacked the demigods. Indra, King of heaven, severed the heads of Bala and Paka and released the weapon known as kulisa, the thunderbolt, against Namuci’s shoulder.
    The thunderbolt, however, returned unsuccessful, and thus Indra became morose. At that time, an unseen voice came from the sky. The voice declared, “A dry or wet weapon cannot kill Namuci.” Hearing this voice, Indra began to think of how Namuci could be killed. He then thought of foam, which is neither moist nor dry. Using a weapon of foam, he was able to kill Namuci. Thus Indra and the other demigods killed many demons. Then, at the request of Lord Bra! hma, Narada went to the demigods and forbade them to kill the demons any longer. All the demigods then returned to their abodes. Following the instructions of Narada, whatever demons remained alive on the battlefield took Bali Maharaja to Asta Mountain. There, by the touch of Sukracarya’s hand, Bali Maharaja regained his senses and consciousness, and those demons whose heads and bodies had not been completely lost were brought back to life by the mystic power of Sukracarya.”

Srimad-Bhagavatam 8:11 Summary
    Bhaktivedanta Book Trust.

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 ImageFolio
    Lord Narayana Rides Garuda Into Battle

"O King, when the demon Kalanemi, who was carried by a lion, saw that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, carried by Garuda, was on the battlefield, the demon immediately took his trident, whirled it and discharged it at Garuda's head. The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, the master of the three worlds, immediately caught the trident, and with the very same weapon He killed the enemy Kalanemi, along with his carrier, the lion." - Srimad Bhagavatam 8.10.56

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 ImageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Krishna_Conscious_Paintings&image=TA0302
    King Priyavrata illuminates The World

Lord appears
    Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 ImageFolio
    Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 ImageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Krishna_Conscious_Paintings&image=TA0346

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 ImageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Krishna_Conscious_Paintings&image=TA0360

Last edited by devakas on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:04 pm

hmmm, what if earth is the vacation spot of the universe between these epic battles?

Well at least we are forewarned. pale

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    devakas
    devakas

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 Empty Man On The Moon–A Colossal Hoax that Cost Billions of Dollars

Post  devakas Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:55 pm

Vedic view...

Although many believe man first reached the moon in July, 1969, we have information from a very reliable source, the Sanskrit Vedic scriptures, that the astronauts never actually went to the moon. The manned moon landing was a colossal hoax.

Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura, the spiritual master of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, once described materialistic civilization as “a society of the-cheaters and the cheated.” Looking at our modern world, we can easily see why: massive advertising campaigns for cigarettes and liquor that promise pleasure but deliver disease; widespread gambling rackets of all kinds, some government-sponsored, that bilk the public of billions each year; high level corruption of many leaders in industry and government that reveals a nearly total disregard for the public’s welfare. From all this, and, much more, the only conclusion to draw is that the vast majority of people, out of ignorance of a meaningful goal of life, actually desire to be cheated-actually feel the need for the false promises and outright lies of the hucksters to provide some hope of happiness from day to day. Thus a few clever, aggressive professionals take advantage of the ignorant masses and engage in large-scale cheating for their own selfish interests.

While cheating goes on in all fields of endeavor, one of the most outstanding is modern science. Scientists can make useful contributions to material life, but they become cheaters when they claim that science is (or someday will be) independent of the laws of nature. Theories such as “Life originates from matter and can be created in the laboratory,” or “Since there is no supreme intelligence directing the universe, we [the scientists] are the only ones who can explain existence,” are all bluffs perpetrated without a shred of scientific proof. Their only purpose is to advance the prestige of the scientists and net them billion-dollar government grants for endless research. Recent efforts to travel to the moon provide a prime example of this kind of lucrative mass “brainwashing,” which is still succeeding with a large portion of the gullible public. (*Twenty-eight percent of all Americans, according to a Gallup poll cited in the Los Angeles Times on October 13, 1976, have seen through the sham and now believe the moon landing to be a fake). Despite the tremendous volume of propaganda proclaiming the “conquest of outer space,” we have information from a very reliable source, the Sanskrit Vedic scriptures, that the so-called “astronauts” never actually went to the moon. Although most people hold it as an article of absolute faith that man first reached the moon in July, 1969, the manned moon landing is actually a colossal hoax.

We realize that this is very difficult for you to accept, since it directly contradicts your established beliefs. But since you yourself have not actually gone to the moon, you owe it to yourself to consider why you are so confident that the astronauts actually have gone there. Why do you accept the popular version of the manned moon landing? Because you believe the authority of the scientists, the journalists, and the politicians who propagate that version. When we cite the Vedic scriptures, which state that the “astronauts” could not have gone to the moon, we are simply favoring another authority. In both cases, it is a matter of accepting an authority and believing what it says.

Now, why do we believe the Vedic scriptures rather than the material scientists? Because the Vedic scriptures differ from the conclusions of material science in that they are not based on imperfect sensory investigation, but are apaurusa i.e., they emanate from God, who is beyond the material world. In other words, Vedic evidence stands above the defects of conditioned souls within the material world. Thus, when it comes to real scientific knowledge, the standard of Vedic authority is perfect because it originates directly from the all-perfect, omniscient Personality of Godhead.

The Vedic account of our planetary system is already researched, concluded, and perfect. The Vedas state that the moon is 800,000 miles farther from the earth than the sun. Therefore, even if we accept the modern calculation of 93 million miles as the distance from the earth to the sun, how could the “astronauts” have traveled to the moon–a distance of almost 94 million miles–in only 91 hours (the alleged elapsed time of the Apollo 11 moon trip)? This would require an average speed of more than one million miles per hour for the spacecraft, a patently impossible feat by even the space scientists’ calculations.
    Another important reason why the manned moon landing must be a hoax is that, according to the Vedas, each planet has its particular standard of living and atmosphere, and no one can transfer from one planet to another without becoming properly qualified. This means that if someone wants to go to Mars, for instance, he has to give up his present gross material body and acquire another one suitable for life on that particular planet. Vedic knowledge teaches that the living being doesn’t die with the death of the body, but that he is an eternal spirit soul. As Lord Krishna says in the Bhagavad-gita, “As the embodied soul continually passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death” (Bhagavad-gita, 2.13). At the time of death the human being transfers to another material body according to the desires he cultivated and the work he performed during his lifetime. Therefore, since the moon has a particular standard of life and atmosphere, if one wants to travel there he has to adapt his material body to the conditions of that planet.
    Even on the earth planet these restrictions hold true. For example, a human being cannot possibly live in the water nor can a fish live on land. These are the rigid conditions of life, and any attempt to defy them is artificial and will fail.

Similarly, just as you have to change your dress if you want to go from India to Europe, where the climatic conditions are different, so you also have to change your physical “dress” if you want to go to the specialized atmosphere of the moon. In other words, if you want to go to the moon or the sun or any other higher planet, you can keep your finer dress of mind, intelligence, and ego, but you have to leave behind your gross dress (your physical body) made of earth, water, fire, and other material elements, and acquire a body suitable for your destination.

Of course, none of this will help you solve the real problem of life–entrapment in the vicious cycle of birth and death. As Krsna states in the Bhagavad-gita, even if one transfers in his next life to a very elevated position in the highest planet in the universe, Brahmaloka, he will still have to experience birth and death. The goal of human life is to free the soul from its continuous transmigration among different species of life on various planets, and to transfer to the spiritual planets, where life is eternal. To reach these planets, a complete change of both gross and subtle bodies is necessary, for one can reach the spiritual sky only in a spiritual form. We will elaborate on this a little later, but our point here is that you cannot simply force yourself onto another planet without the proper qualification.

Just as in the United States there are laws controlling the entry of foreigners through the issuance of visas, so in the universe there are also laws controlling the movement of all living beings–even astronauts and scientists–and unless one’s karma is such that he deserves to take birth on the moon or the sun or the earth or wherever, he cannot defy the laws of nature and go there by force. The scientists are always claiming they are independent of nature’s law, but even they have to submit to death and rebirth; they cannot check them. Similarly, they cannot go to the moon planet, which the Vedas describe not as a lifeless desert but as a heavenly planet of extraordinary material pleasures. Where the astronauts actually went, or how this fabrication of lunar visitation will one day be exposed to people in general, are not part of our present discussion. But the Vedic teachings warn us that the manned moon landing is certainly an empty bluff.
    When we contradict the revered scientists like this and warn people that, through the use of brainwashing propaganda, they are being cheated out of billions of hard-earned tax dollars–we ourselves are accused of brainwashing. But which is better: a sober warning or a colossal multi-billion-dollar hoax?

Furthermore, even if, for argument’s sake, we accept, that the “astronauts” did go to the moon, our main contention still holds: the moon excursion is a hoax, a mass brainwashing job. Why? Because it has no value. Even the scientists now admit its uselessness, and their interest in going to the moon has subsided. After many years of concentrated effort and billions of dollars of public money spent, the scientists have concluded that the moon is uninhabitable and have stopped trying to go there. But the public is encouraged to regard this failure as a wonderful achievement! “Just see! They have come back with some moon dust!” Long ago the Vedic literatures said the moon was uninhabitable by man, before going there the scientists themselves predicted they could not live in that atmosphere, and upon reaching the moon they discovered the same thing–that they could not live there. So what is the value of this kind of billion-dollar excursion, which has produced only a few rocks?

The scientists’ stubbornness is like that of a boy who is repeatedly warned by his father not to stick his finger in the revolving blades of a fan, but who goes ahead and does it anyway, and is hurt. The scientists insisted that a lunar landing would prove the United States to be the most advanced nation. Never mind that it cost billions, which could have been spent on worthwhile projects, such as feeding the starving. The brainwashing was so extreme that at one point Pan American Airlines was even selling tickets to the moon, and there was talk of colonizing it, although everyone acknowledged that it is impossible to live there. And yet if we speak out strongly against this nonsense, people say we are brainwashed–for not believing in the bluff of the moon excursion. Now, having squeezed as much prestige as possible out of their great “success” in reaching the moon, the scientists have become disappointed and set their sights on Mars and the huge expenditure of public funds goes on.

Again, we do not say that man should neglect science, but rather that he should practice science according to the authorized knowledge of the laws of nature. The scientists should not attempt to defy the laws of nature, or those of God, but should work humbly in harmony with the real purpose of human life–liberation from the cycle of birth and death. Despite all scientific theorizing, research, and technology, the scientists do not even know the nature of the life within the body, how life enters the body, and where life goes after death. Not being able to produce even the smallest living creature, and being unable to stop death, the modern scientists should not consider themselves the all-in-all.

If we desire to praise someone for scientific achievements, let us praise the Great Brain who is actually controlling all living beings by directing His material energy, and who regulates the immense machinery of the universe. Let us follow Lord Brahma, who sings in the Vedic scripture Brahma-samhita (5.52): “I worship Govinda [Krishna], the primeval Lord, by whose order the sun assumes immense power and heat and traverses its orbit.” The sun is a creation of God; it is not a creation of the scientists. So also are the oceans and the great mountains, the resources of nature, and outer space–all are works of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. As for machine-making, the material energy of Krishna, the Supreme Energetic, has expertly fashioned male and female forms that go on reproducing themselves without further assistance from Him. And this happens over and over in millions of species. Can the scientists create such replicating machines? Can they create a sun and keep it floating perpetually in space? Can they create the oceans, the brain of a great scientist like Einstein, or even an ant or an amoeba? No. All these scientific achievements are the works of God. And when God Himself speaks through authorized scriptures like the Bhagavad-gita, He explicitly says, “Do not waste your time trying to go to the Moon; that is not your place.” If the godless human scientists defy this Supreme Scientist and Supreme Controller, then disaster will befall them and whoever follows them. Therefore we are protesting a godless science that defies God’s laws.

In Easy Journey to Other Planets, written back in 1959, His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada warned us that attempting to reach the moon by materialistic methods is a waste of time. In a speech ten years later he further explained:
    If we go to live on the moon–assuming that it is possible even with an oxygen mask, how long could we stay? Furthermore, even if we had the opportunity to stay there, what would we gain? We might gain a little longer life perhaps, but we could not live there forever. That is impossible. And what would we gain by a longer life? …Near San Francisco I have seen a forest where there is a tree 7,000 years old. But what is the benefit? If one is proud of standing in one place for 7,000 years, that is not a very great credit.

Of course, scientists, journalists, and politicians are not known for considering things in the philosophical light of transcendental knowledge, but a sober fact to consider is this: if, even after all the scientists’ achievements, we must still die and suffer the miseries of repeated birth and death, then what is the benefit of that science? Krsna tells us not to waste our valuable time with things that are only temporary and do not lead to liberation from birth and death. “Don’t waste your time going from this planet to that planet,” He says in the Bhagavad-gita. “Your material miseries will only follow you.” So the moon excursion is a hoax in yet another, all-important sense: the scientists are leading people to believe they will be happy if they go to the moon, but when considered in the context of the eternal soul’s welfare, going to the moon and living there for many, many years still won’t solve the problems of life. It is a hoax to claim that the endeavor to travel to other planets will bring happiness. A person can be happy only if he receives information from authorized scriptures about the nature of the soul and the method of liberating the soul from his suffering condition. This liberation is the goal of Krishna consciousness.

And yet, when we warn people not to waste their lives in temporary achievements, when we warn them not to engage in sinful activities that will force them to transmigrate to lower planets and lower forms of life–they accuse us of being duped and spreading false propaganda. But we will not be quieted by their accusations. As devotees of Krishna, we must go on repeating His instructions for everyone’s benefit. As Krishna tells us in His incarnation as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, “Instruct everyone to follow the teachings of Lord Sri Krsna as they are given in the Bhagavad-gita and the Srimad-Bhagavatam. In this way become a spiritual master and try to liberate everyone in the world
    So you have to decide who is actually cheating: the materialist, who promises happiness in the context of temporary advancement and enjoyment, and who thereby ignores the eternal soul, or the spiritualist, the Krishna conscious person, who says, “Always think of Krishna and become His devotee. Worship Him and bow down before Him. If you practice in this way, at the end of life you will certainly return to the supreme spiritual planet, which is eternal and free from all miseries, because of your full absorption in and devotion to the Lord.”
    devakas
    devakas

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 3 Empty Life On Other Planets

Post  devakas Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:33 pm

From Vedic scripts discussion about life in other planets...

Here is a puzzle for the rascal scientists–they are contemplating that except within this earth, there is no life. Take for example the sun planet. Naturally, we imagine no living entity can live there: it is a fiery planet. But Krsna says I first of all spoke this Bhagavad-gita system to the sun-god. Now rascals will think How is there a god or a person in the sun planet? Everything from
    Prabhupada:

nainam chindanti sastrani
    nainam dahati pavakah
    na cainam kledayanty apo
    na sosayati marutah

“The soul can never be cut into pieces by any weapon, nor can he be burned by fire, nor moistened by water, nor withered by the wind.”
    So here is another puzzle for the rascal scientists–because they are contemplating that except within this earth, in other planets, there is no life. Because the atmosphere is different, they cannot live there. Now, take for example the sun planet, fiery planet. So naturally, we shall imagine that no living entity can live there: it is fiery planet. But Krishna says that nainam dahati pavakah. The fire does not burn it. This is quite reasonable because the living entities are there, we can experience. Roughly we see that we are on the land and the aquatics, fishes, they are in the water. I cannot live within the water, neither the fish cannot live on the land, but from my experience, if we think that there is no living entities in water, is it not rascaldom? Similarly, these rascals are thinking from his own point of view. Because he cannot live within the fire or within the water, he’s thinking there is no life within the fire. This is rascaldom. To refute these rascals, Krsna says, nainam dahati pavakah. Even within the fire there are living entities. Therefore Krsna says imam vivasvate yogam proktavan aham avyayam. “I spoke first of all this Bhagavad-gita system to the sun-god.”

Now rascals will think that “How there is a god or there is a person in the sun planet?” They’ll think like that. Everything from his own angle of vision. This is modern science. “I cannot think of such thing. Therefore, there cannot be any such thing.” Just like everything should be within my experience. This is going on. They never admit that “What is your experience?” You are imperfect, your senses are imperfect, how you can be perfectly experienced? It is not possible. Acintya. There are so many inconceivable powers acting on behalf of Krsna. What are you? You may cheat some people that you have become God. That is another thing. But the inconceivable potency of Krsna, they are working differently. Srila Jiva Gosvami says that unless we accept this principle that Krsna or God has got inconceivable power, acintya-sakti, we cannot understand. If we put Krsna within the jurisdiction of my limited understanding, that is not understanding of Krsna. Manusyanam sahasresu kascid yatati siddhaye. That inconceivable power is also within us. We do not know. So many things are happening. The example, as I gave many times, that the one nail was taken off. Still, it grew exactly to the size of the nail. In my personal body, in the nails. So the doctors cannot make exactly fitting nail, but it is growing exactly to the size. Even it is inconceivable to me how it is growing. Even my hair grows inconceivable, I do not know. I cut every week, and it still grows. There are so many little inconceivable power within me. I am part and parcel of God. Just imagine how much inconceivable power is there in Krsna. It is common sense.

We understand from the sastras that Krsna, as Garbhodakasayi Visnu, He created water within this universe and lie down, Garbhodakasayi Visnu. Now we cannot conceive that how a person can produce water from the body like the sea and ocean. But if you think over little soberly, that sometimes we perspire, we get perspiration. That is water. In India, we have got special experience during summer season. Sometimes a small pot can be filled up with the water produced from my body like this, put. Of course, one must be healthy man. Then he’ll perspire and water will come out from the body. So I am limited. I am only a small particle of Krsna’s body, part and parcel. If I have got this power of producing water, maybe one grain or two grain or one ounce; Krsna has got unlimited power, why not a sea? Where is the difficulty to understand? He can produce unlimited quantity of water which may be known as ocean and sea. Yato va imani bhutani jayante. Therefore, Vedas say that “From whom all these five elements have come into being?” And Krsna says,
    bhumir apo ‘nalo vayuh
    kham mano buddhir eva ca
    ahankara itiyam me
    bhinna prakrtir astadha
    “That is my energy.” So everything is Krsna’s energy. He can produce. Try to verify from the example. Because you are little sample of Krsna. You can study what you are doing, what you are feeling, what you are acting. The same thing in unlimited quantity, Krsna has got the power. That’s all.

So here it is said, Arjuna might be thinking that “Krsna says this body is different from the soul. The soul is within. So now suppose when I place my sword on the body of my grandfather or my kinsmen, the body will cut, and, in the meantime, the soul is within the body. It may be cut because the soul is there. By accidentally, he may be cut.” Therefore Krsna says very distinctly; nainam chindanti sastrani, that “Soul cannot be cut. Any weapon. It cannot be pierced by your arrows, it cannot be cut into pieces by your sword, or if you use firearms it will not burn.” Nainam dahati pavakah. This is the position of soul. Immutable, indestructible. Another… This is the negative description of the soul. Nainam chindanti sastrani. Is there anything in this material world which cannot be cut into pieces? Have you got any experience? Take wood, stone, iron, or anything. It can be cut into pieces. Therefore, the…, when Krsna says nainam chindanti sastrani, that means it is nothing like anything material elements. It is different. It is different. Any material elements. There are earth, water, fire, air, and ether. You can prepare weapons from earth. Water, you cannot do now. But there can be a weapon from the water also. That was used in the Battle of Kuruksetra. Here, the atomic bomb is thrown, brahmastra. From the other side the watery astra is thrown so that the energy of the atomic bomb is immediately finished. So what the scientists know now? Although they have manufactured atomic bomb, but they are unable to manufacture another weapon counteraction of atomic bomb. That is not possible. But there is. Atomic bomb is fiery, and if you manufacture another bomb which is watery, then you can counteract. Because fight means I charge you with some kind of weapon. You have to protect yourself by the counteraction. That was going on. So nainam chindanti sastrani nainam dahati pavakah.

So it is quite natural to understand that if there is living entity within the earth, within the water, even in the air… That we experience. In the air there are so many living entities. In the water, unvisible, not seen by the naked eyes. By microscope, we can see so many germs are there in the water, in the air. So why not in the fire? Fire is also one of the material elements. Therefore, the sun planet, although it is fiery planet, there is inhabitation of different type of human being who may be called as demigods. But there are similar buildings, similar persons, cities, motorcars, everything. Everything is there. Otherwise, how Krsna could go there and says that imam vivasvate yogam proktavan aham avyayam, unless it is exactly a planet like this where living entities, houses, roads, cars and everything is there? As Krsna advented Himself within this planet, He came here, Krsna can go anywhere. Krsna, when He was present, He was going anywhere. Sometimes within the waters, sometimes within the walls of the universe, sometimes in the spiritual world. He went to the spiritual world, taking Arjuna with Him. Arjuna also went with Him. And He saw the Karanodakasayi Visnu in the spiritual world. These things are there, described in the Srimad-Bhagavatam. He could go anywhere. They were going to the heavenly planets. That is Krsna. Not Guruji. (laughs) That one slap, and he’s blind. Not like that. Krsna could go, Krsna can do… All, this is called omnipotent, all-powerful. So unless we think of Krsna possessing unconceivable powers, we cannot understand Krsna.

Nainam chindanti sastrani nainam dahati pavakah. Another study from this verse is that the Mayavada philosophy, they say that spirit is one. The Supreme Spirit, impersonal. When the spirit is embodied, it becomes individual. This is their philosophy. Otherwise, they give the example… Just like there is water on the sea. It is also sustained on the earth. A big mass of water. And on that water, you can put one boat or ship full of water. And on that boat, you put another, a cup of water, and in the cup of water, you put another pot, a small cup or small utensil or even the skin of a grain, that will also contain. So their philosophy is that the water is one, but according to the pot or container, it becomes small and big. This is their philosophy. And when the container is broken, then the whole water becomes one. This is their philosophy. Now this nonsense philosophy is refuted in this verse. How? Now because spirit, either you take whole spirit or part spirit, nainam chindanti sastrani. You cannot divide it by cutting into pieces. That is not possible. So their philosophy is that the water has been put into different pots, therefore we see this small water, this smaller or bigger, this division. But they are all individual always. It is not that it has been divided. Mamaivamso jiva-bhutah jiva-loke sanatanah. Sanatana. Sanatana means eternally they are divided. It is not that it has been divided by some means. Just like we keep water in big pot or small pot. That is not possible. They are big or small eternally. Visnu-tattva, jiva-tattva. The jiva-tattva, they are small fragments. They are eternal. Visnu-tattva. Visnu-tattva means the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Visnu-tattva is unlimitedly great eternally, sanatana. And the jiva-tattva, they are infinitesimally smaller eternally. Not that it has been cut into small and big. No.

So this Mayavadi theory cannot stand here if we accept the Bhagavad-gita’s statement. Nainam chindanti sastrani. It is not divided by some means. No. It is already divided. It is already divided. Neither the small piece of soul or the big piece of soul you can divide.
    nainam chindanti sastrani
    nainam dahati pavakah
    na cainam kledayanty apo
    na sosayati marutah

Air… There are earth, water, fire, air. So none of these material things can act on the soul. It is not that because air dries up everything, anything… Big, big ocean is dried up by evaporation. Big, big river, big, big lakes are evaporated, but soul cannot be evaporated. Nainam sosayati marutah. This is the distinction. The air can evaporate a big ocean. Gradually, it is being done. As the days will go on, the sea water will be evaporated, and at the end there will be no water. These are the statements. Towards destruction, there will be no water. Just like now it is already begun. There is scarcity of water, no rainfall. So we see that the lakes and rivers and other water reservoirs, they are becoming dried up. Syamasundara, you were telling that river? What is that lake?
    Syamasundara: Reservoir.
    Prabhupada: Drying up. So there must be dry up and there must be supply. Nature’s way. That is the way. But in the, with the advancement of Kali-yuga, there will be scarcity of supply, but the water will dry up gradually. The result will be there will be no water. As there will be no water, everything, all living entities, vegetation, living being, everything will finish, will die. For hundreds of years there will be no water, and then when everything is finished, dried up, burned into ashes due to and the sunshine, the glare of the sunshine will be twelve times increased and there will be no water. How one can live? So everything on this planet will be finished. And then, being warmer, warmer, there will be fire. In the fire, all planets of the universe will be burned into ashes. Then there will be rainfall. Another. For hundred years. So the whole universe will be filled up with water. Then it will be evaporated, and the whole universe, cosmic manifestation finished. This is called annihilation. So in Bhagavad-gita there is a statement that when everything is annihilated, the spiritual world is not annihilated. Na vinasyasi. So as the spiritual world does not annihilate, similarly the soul, the spirit, by any such disturbances, the soul is never annihilated. Avyayam indestructible, immutable. So Krsna is explaining in different ways the nature of the soul. We have to take it seriously, then we get perfect knowledge.
    So, next verse you can…
    acchedyo ‘yam adahyo ‘yam
    akledyo ‘sosya eva ca
    nityah sarva-gatah sthanur
    acalo ‘yam sanatanah
    “This individual soul is unbreakable and insoluble, and can be neither burned nor dried. He is everlasting, all-pervading, unchangeable, immovable and eternally the same.”

So this is another way, negative way. In the previous verse Krsna says: nainam chindanti sastrani. And now, negatively or passively, it is said that acchedyo ‘yam. In every way, Krsna is suggesting the immortality of the soul. There are five elements: earth, water, fire, air. So none of these elements can act on the soul. You can prepare sword, cutting sword from earth, from metal, but it does not mean that you can cut anything material with your sword. But you cannot cut the spirit soul with your sword or with your other material weapons. Neither… Acchedyo ‘yam adahyah. Neither you can burn with fire, neither you can moisten it with water, neither you can dry. In every respect Krsna explains how soul is immutable. Another significance is nityah sarva-gatah. Sarva-gatah means all-pervading, everywhere the soul is there. Even within the stone, even within the sands, there are. So how these people can say there is no existence of living entity in the moon planet? Sarva-gatah. We have seen sometimes that from the stone, I have marked it. There is one juma mastika(?) in Agra. On the top of the stone dome a plant has come out, on the top. Now who has gone to place that seed that a banyan tree, banyan plant has come out and it has cracked the stone? So nobody has gone there, but this means the soul is everywhere. As soon as it gets the opportunity, it accepts a material body immediately. As soon as there is opportunity. That is explained in the Seventh Chapter very nicely. (break)
    …planetary system, say moon planet or other planet. They also again come down on this earthly planet. Ksine… (break) … Just like you get visa for going to a foreign country. As soon as the visa period is over, the visa department immediately reminds you: “Sir, your visa is finished. Now you must go. You must go out.” So the whole, the punya-loka, the higher planetary system, svarga-loka, you can go there by your pious activities, by performing big, big yajnas, punya, pious activities, go there. But ksine punye martya-lokam visanti. When your punya, it is also limited thing, when it is finished, you have to come back. It is said that when they come back on this planet they come through the water, showers, and they fall down on this earth. Again they begin their life as grass and something like that, evolution. Ksine punye martya-lokam visanti. Therefore this elevation to the higher planetary system, Krsna condemns them. Abrahma-bhuvanal lokah punar avartino ‘rjuna. “My dear Arjuna, even if you go to the higher planetary system, Brahmaloka, to live for many millions of years, still when your asset of pious activity will be finished, you’ll have to come back here.” But He again said, mad-dhama gatva punar janma na vidyate, that “If you try to come back to My place, then you’ll not come back.”

So the karmis, karma-kandiya, they are trying to be elevated to the heavenly planet, higher planetary system. That is not very good idea. You can go to the higher planetary system by your pious activities. First of all the modern age, the people are so much impious, sinful, that is not also possible. They may go down. Jaghanya-guna-vrtti-stha adho gacchanti tamasah. They are covered with ignorance. The ignorance is wine, women, and meat-eating. So they are going down. There is no possibility of going higher planetary system, not possible. Who will go to the higher planetary system? Urdhvam gacchanti sattva-sthah. Urdhvam means higher. Only those who are pious, they can be elevated. So even if you are pious, still you have to come back again. This is the process. So sarva-gatah. Sarva-gatah means a soul is free to go anywhere, anywhere. Full freedom, as he wants. That is also explained in the Bhagavad-gita:
    yanti deva-vrata devan
    pitrn yanti pitr-vratah
    bhutani yanti bhutejya
    yanti mad-yajino ‘pi mam
    As you like. It is up to you. Make your selection where you want to be. You have, somehow or other, you have come here. That’s all right. But Krsna gives you chance to be elevated to any planetary system you like. Ultimately, if you want to go back to home, back to Godhead, that is also given, everything. Mad-yajino ‘pi yanti mam. So if you want to go to the moon planet, there is no need of the sputnik. There is a process so that after this body you become elevated to the moon planet. Why should you make research for, and futile research, going to the moon? You just prepare yourself. There are different processes. If you want to go to the moon planet, you can go. If you want to go to the heavenly planet, you can go. Similarly, if you want to go to the planet where Krsna is, you can go. So sane man, intelligent man, should consider that “If I have to prepare myself for going, for being elevated to the higher planetary system, but we have to come back again, ksine punye martya-loka, why not endeavor for going back to Krsnaloka?” That is intelligence. But there are big, big yogis, they elevate themselves to the higher planetary system. They… Before going to the spiritual world, they want to see how the higher planetary system are working. Just like the visitors, tourists. They are going somewhere, and drop, by journey, somewhere to see. But you should not make such ambition. You should endeavor directly going back to home, back to Godhead, Krsna. That should be your endeavor. Yes. Mad-yajino ‘pi yanti mam.

And the process is very simple. Yajinah, just worshiping Krsna as we have introduced. This mangala-aratrika, this offering food, worshiping. Mad-yajinah. Man-mana bhava mad-bhakto mad-yaji mam namaskuru, yaji. Yajana means worship. So what is the difficulty? If, by this simple process, tyaktva deham punar janma naiti mam eti, you can go back to Krsna, why we shall try for going to the heavenly planet, moon planet, this planet, where again we have to come from. Ksine punye martya-lokam. This is intelligence.
    Thank you very much. (end)
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:32 pm

Ancient Aliens....
    Holy grail for Vedic scripts today is the story about sunken city Dwaraka described in the scripts and finaly recently discovered.
    Great video about Krisnas city, space crafts, possible ancient aliens and ancient war.

aliens - start at 3:40 in the video, but I would suggest to watch all.

study

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:00 pm