tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+18
devakas
Betsy
Arrowwind
THEeXchanger
burgundia
Lionhawk
ClearWater
Brook
lindabaker
anomalous cowherd
Ladyfreedom
Floyd
Carol
mudra
MargueriteBee
romina
sjkted
Nenuphar
22 posters

Who is planting a garden this year?

mudra
    mudra

Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is planting a garden this year?

Post  mudra Thu May 19, 2011 4:52 pm

I got myself some organic seeds and have begun my indoor plantations : courgettes , carrots , salad , leeks, cherry tomatoes , basil , coriander, parsnip, chive, nasturtium , small onions, radishes ... Will add potatoes as well , horseradish and squash.
    I have the grocery bags too and can't wait for the day I'll be able to use them to transplant .
    I think I am a bit late for the season but I really hope it all turns allright.
    It's been a lovely experience so far .
    Thanks to this thread and the people that contributed to it as I must say this is what really got me going.

Love to you all

The Karen

mudra
    Floyd
    Floyd

Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is planting a garden this year?

Post  Floyd Fri May 20, 2011 3:21 am

mudra wrote:I got myself some organic seeds and have begun my indoor plantations : courgettes , carrots , salad , leeks, cherry tomatoes , basil , coriander, parsnip, chive, nasturtium , small onions, radishes ... Will add potatoes as well , horseradish and squash.
    I have the grocery bags too and can't wait for the day I'll be able to use them to transplant .
    I think I am a bit late for the season but I really hope it all turns allright.
    It's been a lovely experience so far .
    Thanks to this thread and the people that contributed to it as I must say this is what really got me going.

Love to you all

The Karen

mudra

Sounds great Mudra...good luck with everything. We are having good old ding dong over at the
    garden forum. If you dont want to join take a read over there as its extremely useful with lots of good advice and tips. There are some familiar faces there too.
    Do let us know how you get on and dont forget to sing to the veggies..they love it

I think its not too late in the season. I only decided to plant carrots last sunday aswell as some clementine. I think you have a while yet. I just make it up as I go along and everything seems fine!
    Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 Sfun_s10
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun May 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Thanks Floyd .
    Nice and very usefull forum you have there Cheerful
    I have bookmarked it so as to have a regular look at it.
    This week end I got myself a green house just like the one in the video you posted .
    My radishes have sprouted since the last time I posted here and the salads are coming through as well.
    I added peas , corn salad , camomil, brussels sprouts and chards today as well as some flowers.
    My next door neighbor is following me and the guy that lives in same house as me is interested too.
    I am really enjoying doing all this .

Love from me
    mudra
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Mon May 23, 2011 3:49 am

mudra wrote:Thanks Floyd .
    Nice and very usefull forum you have there Cheerful
    I have bookmarked it so as to have a regular look at it.
    This week end I got myself a green house just like the one in the video you posted .
    My radishes have sprouted since the last time I posted here and the salads are coming through as well.
    I added peas , corn salad , camomil, brussels sprouts and chards today as well as some flowers.
    My next door neighbor is following me and the guy that lives in same house as me is interested too.
    I am really enjoying doing all this .

Love from me
    mudra

Good stuff Mudras Mudras, those little greenhouses are really groovey, so glad to see it catching on.
    Mudra, you may be interested in my friends post on guirrella gardening over there. Check it out. Its basically planting seeds,,but not in your own garden..perhaps Belgium could do with a few guirella gardeners
    guerrilla gardening

You are growing some flowers for a bit of colour..nice. Hope it all goes well and you have a bumper harvest!
    Post some pics if you can.

Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 Sfun_s11
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 pm

15 days later ...some update on my planting.
    All is getting on nicely as you can see Wink
    The weather is with me . It's been sunny here almost every day since I begun sunny

Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 Sunp0010

Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 Sunp0011

Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 Sunp0012

Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 Sunp0013

Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 Sunp0015

Love Always
    mudra

lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Mon May 30, 2011 3:25 pm

Would anyone like to please give me some input regarding planning a community garden? I'll bet there are links here somewhere in the Mists, that were brought over to the Mists from PA. What I'd like to do is create a plan for a community garden which will probably have to be terraced. It would serve 20 to 25 members at the beginning.This will be exciting, as the forest has not been farmed before, ever. Anyway, I'd like to have a layout plan that is circular with a grid interior. Any ideas? Thanks, Linda
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon May 30, 2011 5:05 pm

lindabaker wrote:Would anyone like to please give me some input regarding planning a community garden? I'll bet there are links here somewhere in the Mists, that were brought over to the Mists from PA. What I'd like to do is create a plan for a community garden which will probably have to be terraced. It would serve 20 to 25 members at the beginning.This will be exciting, as the forest has not been farmed before, ever. Anyway, I'd like to have a layout plan that is circular with a grid interior. Any ideas? Thanks, Linda

This may be usefull Linda

Arrow http://www.urbanharvest.org/cgardens/startguide.html

All the best with your garden .

Love from me
    mudra
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue May 31, 2011 3:24 am

Looking Good Mudras Mudras
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:14 pm

This was just in my email and reads like something out of a Stephen King horror novel--elitists, corporate agents, and government operatives secretly implementing fertility-control methods, decimating populations of people in a nefarious program that would make Margaret Sanger, a leader of the eugenics movement and founder of Planned Parenthood, proud.

Forget environmental concerns and glow-in-the-dark babies. In fact, forget babies altogether. You don't have to worry about passing along any mutations to your kids because your chances of having them have been compromised. In fact, that's the goal--to reduce your numbers.

How, you ask?

Would you believe me if I said ... corn?

And not just any corn.

GMO corn.

According to F.W. Engdahl, an American-German freelance journalist, historian, and economic researcher, one long-standing project of the U.S. government has been to perfect a genetically-modified strand of corn. This variety of corn was field-tested over ten years ago, and according to the president of the small bio-tech firm in charge of that project...

"We have a hothouse filled with corn plants that make anti-sperm antibodies."

Taking antibodies from women with a rare condition known as "immune infertility" and isolating the genes that regulated the manufacture of those antibodies, they inserted them into the corn plants, creating, in essence, a biological weapon for population control.

And who was helping to finance this endeavor? The Gates' Foundation (which includes the Buffet Foundation) and the Rockefeller Foundation, through a project called The Alliance for a Green Revolution, headed by none other than former U.N. Chief, Kofi Annan. Major GMO agri-businesses are reported to be at the heart of AGRA, using it to spread their GMO technology throughout the Third World. According to Engdahl, "Gates and Buffet are major funders of global population reduction programs." Included in this unholy alliance is Ted Turner, who thinks that a 95% reduction in global population to around 300 million would be "ideal."

And remember, the Rockefeller Foundation has been involved in eugenics and genocide since it began funding the eugenics research in Germany in the 1920s and well into the Third Reich. (Seeds of Destruction, F.W. Engdahl.) The Rockefellers backed the forced sterilizations and racial purity ideology of Hitler's Germany.

But how does a Third World program affect us in western civilization? More specifically, how does it affect us here, in the United States?

Shortly after the introduction of GMO corn into the U.S. in 1996, birth rates began falling. Since 1999, birth rates have plummeted even faster - just three years after GMO corn was introduced into the food supply.

GMOS, according to scientists interviewed for the film Science Under Attack, have been known to cause smaller brain size, lowered immunity, organ damage, and infertility in animals fed biotech food. Does this correspond to the 20% rate of infertility occurring in our population today? That's a good question. Unfortunately, agri-giants and our government are suppressing the answers.

Since 2008, the U.S. government has opposed a national effort to label GMO foods. They upped the ante by trying to suppress GMO labeling anywhere in the world, by using Codex, the U.N. arm that seeks to regulate every food, mineral, and herb in the world used for consumption. However, this effort has stalled because Codex doesn't look at GMO created products as "food."

However, Codex does place these products into a special category that can be utilized in alternative applications. (Like birth control, maybe?)

Genetically engineered corn, soy, cottonseed oil, and canola oil are the most processed foods in the United States. These foods have NEVER been tested for safety in human consumption ... even though animal studies show severe organ damage, spontaneous abortions, and sterility when consumed.

Take control of your fertility ... your health ... your life ... by taking control of your own food supply. And that's where heirloom seeds come into play.

Why heirloom seeds? Heirloom seeds are the way that God made them, naturally occurring, with no tampering or tinkering by human hands. (Choosing seed stock for vigor and growth is NOT the same as introducing foreign genetic material into the DNA of the plant.)

Heirloom Solutions supplies heirloom seeds cultivated through the careful stewardship of small, independent farmers who are holding the line against the inhumane and abusive practices of the agri-giants. These are the farmers that stand in the gap for those of us who realize that our survival depends on us, not the government.

Grow your own vegetables - nutrient dense, bursting with flavor, and naturally resistant to many of the diseases and parasites that plague genetically-modified crops today. But the benefits of gardening and growing your own food go far beyond the physical advantages of health and nutrition. Growing your own food and providing for your family's needs reconnects you to life's natural ebb and flow, the way that God intended.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:40 am

Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 P2705110

Here is a pic of one of my male courgette flowers. They are amazing. Like they are made of yellow tissue paper!
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:38 am

Taking antibodies from women with a rare condition known as "immune infertility" and isolating the genes that regulated the manufacture of those antibodies, they inserted them into the corn plants, creating, in essence, a biological weapon for population control

this does not surprise or shock me just makes me feel sick
    playing god (there kinda god )
    What happens to the animals and insects that eat this crop
    Nutbar Nutbar Nutbar Mad 1 Mad 1 Mad 1
    I feel really tired and weary of this game, I want to move on now !!
    silver*
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:46 am

On a more useful note found this lovely use for an old builders pallet
    ideal for a wee space looking to be busy and green am sure it would work well for salad greens and herbs
    I am now on the lookout for a pallet !!

Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 03251111

Harvested my 1st baby carrots yesterday ,small but sweet yum ! Crazy Happy
    silver*
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:41 pm

Okay...Mudra led me here...so I'm going to transfer photos and list our garden that Lionhawk and I have going. Now also keep in mind we grew these from seeds and talked to them regularly. I kid you not! scratch (Lionhawk did most of the talking...it's that Mother Earth connection he's here for) Anyway on this pic...to the left that you cannot see is four rows of cucumbers, and two rows of Watermelon. To the right of the squash is four rows of tomatoes, and two rows of banana peppers. We erected a fence in the back for pole peas and pole beans..but The pole beans must have been a bad batch of seeds as only about four plants came up. Plenty of pole peas however Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 425557

On the squash showing there is a variety of squash, Zucchini, crook neck yellow, regular yellow squash, and butternut squash...we are going to be eating PLENTY of squash...
    Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 599874

Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 Gardengj

And this would be the beginning of our flowering on the zucchini....

Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 Garden4u

This is technically my first garden...the last one I started the broccoli looked like it was from another planet...weird..nothing came up.

Now on the porch we have Basel, oregano, cilantro, thyme growing in two planters we made from wood.
    Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 Spices

It was a real project! We had to till up half the yard to get it started, and that was a real job for Lionhawk..but I'm so proud of what we have accomplished so far. Lionhawk grew up on a farm..so he has some background...me....

I grew up in the city..this is ALL new to me...but I'm lovin it! Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 719788
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:05 pm

I feel like a proud mama here....more photos cheers
    Zucchini popping

Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 Photo20zt

yellow squash

Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 Photo26t

Sweet Basel
    Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 Photo32uc

and Pole Peas

Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 Photo37a

Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 245713 Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 245713 Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 245713 cheers Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 245713 Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 245713 Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 245713
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:24 pm

silver* wrote:On a more useful note found this lovely use for an old builders pallet
    ideal for a wee space looking to be busy and green am sure it would work well for salad greens and herbs
    I am now on the lookout for a pallet !!

Harvested my 1st baby carrots yesterday ,small but sweet yum ! Who is planting a garden this year? - Page 3 245713
    silver*
    I love this idea...very ingenious! It even looks attractive!
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:38 pm

Great photos Brook cheers
    Your garden is beautifull .
    It is a great satisfaction to see Mother Earth 's response when we begin to work in synergy with her.

Love from me
    mudra

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:40 pm

Floyd wrote:
    Here is a pic of one of my male courgette flowers. They are amazing. Like they are made of yellow tissue paper!

Gorgious Floyd sunny
    Is the one we saw you planting in the bag in the video ?

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:43 pm

silver* wrote:

Harvested my 1st baby carrots yesterday ,small but sweet yum ! Crazy Happy
    silver*

I too am finding this pallet very attractive .
    I can't figure out how it works though.
    Have shelves been put behind ?

Good to hear your baby carrots are tasting good cheers

Love from me
    mudra
    Nenuphar
    Nenuphar

Post  Nenuphar Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:25 pm

Arhhhgg!

Garden under threat. Global warming? A mini ice age? Whatever it is, I am not amused.

See "Dawn's Garden" here http://www.floydsforum.com/the-forum.html for the gruesome details... No
    Nenuphar
    Nenuphar

Post  Nenuphar Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:27 pm

Wonderful pictures, Silver and Brook! Thank you so much for sharing them! Very Happy
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Some nice finds :

Organic vegetable gardening

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:53 pm

Vegetable gardening ebook
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:53 pm

Saving your own vegetable seeds
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:55 pm

Plant , grow and cook with herbs

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:56 pm

Wormery information sheet

Love Always
    mudra

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:44 am