OK - Here is where We stand...Items completed
- Website Domain Name purchased.
- Website purchased, Configured and Operational.
- Portal Installed, Configured and Operational.Items not completed
- Migration of Posts and Threads over to new Forums (We are unable to get the MySQL from the Host so this will have to be done Manually
- Migration of Members over to new Forums (See above
- DNS Migration of Our Domain Name to the New Website (This has not occurred due to obvious downtime It would take for the DNS to be changed which can be as little as four hours up to fourty eight hours
- Installation of Invisionpower Board, Chat, Downloads and Gallery (This is on Hold as the Boards are installed with a MySQL DB and so the Domain Name that any of Their Forums and Boards get installed under is very important and should be what We wish to go with before We Install
). It can be changed afterwards but is a real hassle to do even IF
Its done right.
- Internet Radio Program Software (?
) (Under Investigation as to It's feasability
).Reasons for the temporary postponement of certain elements in Our planned Webportal Migration
- Going Live means shutting down the current Forum for anywheres up to fourty eight hours while the DNS Migration takes place. We are not ready for this ATM (See below
- Anchor out on Leave due to Health Issues and recuperation involved in that.
- Carol barely has an Internet Connection (28K?
) where She is currently and also has to be the Primary Caregiver for Her Mother ATM
- Both of the above AdMods have not seen the Configuration of the New Website and have not been Instructed on Its Operation due to the above reasons.
- I Myself - Have a Trip planned this next week coming up in which I will be away for about 10 days or so to celebrate My Grandson's Birthday and get away to the Cabin (No Internet at the Cabin
). That means that the Forum could
be unattended by an AdMod
with a New Site up. This is not prudent to do when first getting a Site up and running.
With the above now stated - We will go easy on this. I'll get Carol
up to Speed when I return from My Trip. We will then decide as AdMods when to move on this.
It will be easier on Us all to plan to go Live at the Beginning of July rather than right now - So this is what I and the other AdMods will endeavour to achieve...
If this changes at all in It either being sooner, or later - I will inform Everyone of that here in this Thread when and if necessary.