tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+22
lawlessline
burgundia
orthodoxymoron
lindabaker
arctourist
Mercuriel
bran
MargueriteBee
giovonni
dolphin
Suriel
Jonah
eMonkey
Micjer
mudra
tacodog
Jenetta
Carol
ClearWater
enemyofNWO
Mariadine
TRANCOSO
26 posters

The Surveillance State - A New Era

TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

The Surveillance State - A New Era - Page 11 Empty Re: The Surveillance State - A New Era

Post  TRANCOSO Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:08 pm

U.S. Government May – On a Whim – Label ANY American a Terrorist
    Government Blurs the Lines Between Bad Guys and Average Americans

By Washington's Blog/Global Research,
    August 08, 2013

Former NSA boss Michael Hayden compared privacy advocates to terrorists.

“If and when our government grabs Edward Snowden, and brings him back here to the United States for trial, what does this group do?” said retired air force general Michael Hayden, who from 1999 to 2009 ran the NSA and then the CIA, referring to “nihilists, anarchists, activists, Lulzsec, Anonymous, twentysomethings who haven’t talked to the opposite sex in five or six years”.

“They may want to come after the US government, but frankly, you know, the dot-mil stuff is about the hardest target in the United States,” Hayden said, using a shorthand for US military networks. “So if they can’t create great harm to dot-mil, who are they going after? Who for them are the World Trade Centers? The World Trade Centers, as they were for al-Qaida.”

Hayden provided his speculation during a speech on cybersecurity to a Washington group, the Bipartisan Policy Center, in which he confessed to being deliberately provocative.

Similarly, Slate reported last year:

If you’ve ever cared about privacy while using the Internet in public, you might be a terrorist. At least that’s the message from the FBI and Justice Department’s Communities Against Terrorism initiative. The project created flyers to help employees at several types of businesses — including military surplus stores, financial institutions, and even tattoo shops — recognize “warning signs” of terrorism or extremism. An admirable goal, perhaps, but the execution is flawed — particularly for the flyers intended to help suss out terrorists using Internet cafes.

The flyers haven’t been publicly available online, but Public Intelligence, a project promoting the right to access information, collected 25 documents that it found elsewhere on the Web. As Public Intelligence puts it, “Do you like online privacy? You may be a terrorist.”

Complaining about the taste of your tap water could also get you labeled as a potential terrorist.

Having “strange odors” or “bright colored stains on clothes” (what if you eat mustard or ketchup?) could get you labeled as a potential terrorist.

Indeed, any American could be labeled as a potential terrorist by our government on a whim.

For example, the following actions may get an American citizen living on U.S. soil labeled as a “suspected terrorist” today:

CONTINUE: http://www.globalresearch.ca/u-s-government-may-on-a-whim-label-any-american-a-terrorist/5345397

TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

The Surveillance State - A New Era - Page 11 Empty Re: The Surveillance State - A New Era

Post  TRANCOSO Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:12 pm

Connections Between Michael Hastings, Edward Snowden And Barrett Brown — The War With The Security State
    By Christian Stork
    Global Research, August 08, 2013
    WhoWhatWhy 7 August 2013

At the time of his death in a mysterious one-car crash and explosion, journalist Michael Hastings was researching a story that threatened to expose powerful entities and government-connected figures. That story intersected with the work of two controversial government critics — the hacker Barrett Brown and the on-the-run surveillance whistleblower Edward Snowden.

Any probe into Hastings’s untimely death needs to take into account this complex but essential background.

But First, the Raw Facts
    A little over 12 hours before his car was incinerated on an LA straightaway on June 18, 2013, Hastings sent out a short email headed, “FBI Investigation, re: NSA.” In it, he said that the FBI had been interviewing his “close friends and associates,” and advised the recipients — including colleagues at the websiteBuzzfeed — “[It] may be wise to immediately request legal counsel before any conversations or interviews about our news-gathering practices or related journalism issues.” He added, “I’m onto a big story, and need to go off the radat [sic] for a bit.”

CONTINUE: http://www.globalresearch.ca/connections-between-michael-hastings-edward-snowden-and-barrett-brown-the-war-with-the-security-state/5345423
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:16 pm

Under Obama, Tyranny is the New Transparency
    By Dr. Marsha Coleman-Adebayo and Kevin Berends
    Global Research, August 08, 2013
    Black Agenda Report 6 August 2013

President Obama has instituted a kind of “equal opportunity retaliation” regime against whistleblowers. “All that was required of Manning and Snowden to harvest the bounties of white privilege was that they look the other way when faced with war crimes and sweeping invasions of privacy domestically and worldwide.” These days, anybody can be “taken out” without benefit of due process.

Bradley Manning and Edward Snowden may never get the opportunity to meet and compare notes about reshaping the world’s understanding of the US surveillance-cloaked-as-national-security-state. Yet their courage in blowing the whistle on high governmental criminality has recast the US Empire in ways unimaginable since the 1960’s. Both whistleblowers are of European descent — a heritage still laden with privilege in the US. The Obama administration’s zeal when it has encountered dissent has broadened the State’s parameters for seek and destroy missions. Gone are the comforts of skin privilege with Obama-as-agent-for-the-1% sending clear signals that in these United States everyone is a suspect — except the politicos and their overlords.

On July 31, Army Pfc. Bradley Manning was acquitted of the most serious charge of aiding the enemy that could have carried a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole. However, he still faces nearly two dozen additional charges in connection with his leak of classified information to WikiLeaks. While unexpected, these charges could possibly land Manning in prison for over a hundred years. Meanwhile, Edward Snowden, after exposing wide-spread illegal surveillance of American citizens and foreign governments fled the US to Russia to avoid the incarceration and torture that Manning has endured.

CONTINUE: http://www.globalresearch.ca/under-obama-tyranny-is-the-new-transparency/5345382
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:20 pm

DHS ‘Constitution Free’ Zones Inside US Ignored By Media
    By Anthony Gucciardi
    Global Research, August 07, 2013
    Story Leak 5 August 2013

In what should be front page news blasted out nationwide as a breaking news alert, the DHS has openly established extensive ‘Constitution free zones’ in which your Fourth Amendment does not exist.

It’s not ‘conspiracy’ and it’s not fraud, the DHS has literally created an imaginary ‘border’ within the United States that engulfs 100 miles from every single end of the nation. Within this fabricated ‘border’, the DHS can search your electronic belongings for no reason. We’re talking about no suspicion, no reasonable cause, nothing. No reason whatsoever is required under their own regulations. The DHS is now above the Constitution under their own rules, and even Wired magazine authors were amazed at the level of pure tyranny going on here.

CONTINUE: http://www.globalresearch.ca/dhs-constitution-free-zones-inside-us-ignored-by-media/5345308
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:55 am

Criminalizing Privacy? U.S. Government Forces Snowden’s Encrypted Email Service to Shut Down
    By Global Research News
    August 09, 2013

NSA Whistleblower Edward Snowden famously used an encrypted email account to communicate privately with Glenn Greenwald and other reporters.

Shortly after it was revealed that Snowden used Lavabit, the U.S. government pressured them to close down after ten years of service.

Lavabit’s owner, Ladar Levison, received a court order to turn over all users’ private email data. He refused, and said he would not “become complicit in crimes against the American people.”

Levison claims he was given two choices: cooperate with authorities or be shut down. He bravely said goodbye to his business and livelihood in protest of the digital police state.

Here is the full letter to users regarding the shutdown:

CONTINUE: http://www.globalresearch.ca/criminalizing-privacy-u-s-government-forces-snowdens-encrypted-email-service-to-shut-down/5345508
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:08 am

Obama Says He’ll “Reform” NSA Spying … Should We Believe Him?
    By Washington's Blog/Global Research
    August 10, 2013

Let’s Look at the Track Record
    President Obama just announced that he’s making “reforms” to the NSA spying program.

Should we believe him?

Obama’s claim this week that the government doesn’t spy on Americans is totally false.  Not only is the NSA spying on Americans, but it’s sharing that information with a variety of other agencies … like the IRS and local law enforcement.

Obama made other easily-disprovable claims today … in the same press conference in which he announced the “reforms”.  As NBC News notes – in a piece entitled 'Snowden revelations force Obama’s hand on surveillance program' – Obama said: “You can come forward, come to the appropriate individuals and say, look, I’ve got a problem with what’s going on here, I’m not sure whether it’s being done properly.”

“If, in fact, the allegations are true, then [Snowden] didn’t do that.   And that is a huge problem because a lot of what we do depends on terrorists networks not knowing that, in fact, we may be able to access their information,” he said.

CONTINUE: http://www.globalresearch.ca/obama-says-hell-reform-nsa-spying-should-we-believe-him/5345558
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:23 am

I have been saying this for years . Since the criminal spying agencies , the ones that are responsible for most th terror acts in the world , are actively mining private conversations with key words to discover " terrorists" in our midst . I suggest to actually use key words regularly in our emails and privato conversations for the purpose of triggering the various programs the spooks use to collect their data . So in every conversation it is possible to say  " I heard today tha a bridge in Washington DC is going to be blown up ...... or InSHALLAH  ( god willing ) , or many other way and words of totally invented Bull dung but without making any threats . Can you imagine the retarded spooks
    being overrun with fake triggered words.
    Now there is a video .
    Video Of The Day: "Operation Everyone Talk Like A Terrorist"

Submitted by Michael Krieger of Liberty Blitzkrieg blog,

The folks at Funny or Die have come up with an ingenious solution to render the NSA’s spy program useless. Operation: Everyone Talk Like a Terrorist All the Time. It makes a lot of sense, especially since the government already clearly considers everyone with the ability to think critically a potential “domestic terrorist.” Short video and really funny. Enjoy!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-08-09/video-day-operation-everyone-talk-terrorist
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:33 am

Cut my legs off and call me Shorty, but after this whole circus - closing numerous US embassies, etc., due to some intercepted phone calls & text messages - was set in motion, it occurred to me that there was a severe chance the Al Qaeda leaders might have died of laughter.

All this turmoil just because of a couple of suspicious phone calls...

Lmfao Beer 
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:53 am

If most everyone is a potential terrorist -- how does one pick out the real threats?? The bad@ss terrorists probably know all of the tricks to avoid detection and interception -- so the average Joe or Sue seems vulnerable to nefarious surveillance, because they are not taking steps to avoid being seen or heard, regarding controversial political or religious conversation or activities. I don't know for certain -- but I feel very watched and listened to, because of what I post on this site, and what I say on the phone. I have mixed feelings about agents watching and listening to us all the time. We do live in a dangerous world -- and there are dangerous people (who might seem quite normal to most people). We want fancy technology -- but we don't like it when this technology is used in ways that it would be difficult for anyone to prevent its use. If the NSA, FBI, CIA, MI5, MI6, Mossad, etc. aren't watching our every move, and listening to our every word, who's to say that a company or agency no one has ever heard of is doing the dirty work for all of these agencies (as off the books -- independent contractors)??? We've made a technological bed for ourselves -- and now we have to sleep in it. If all the 'Bad-Guys' got kicked-out -- the surveillance would probably continue. I grew-up knowing that angels were watching, listening, and recording my every word and deed 24/7. Think about angels and agents watching you in the bedroom and the bathroom!!! It sort of takes the joy out of life -- doesn't it??!! I am NOT a happy camper. I just think things will get worse and worse -- regardless of whether the good-guys or bad-guys rule (openly or secretly). My research, in connection with this site, has been quite devastating to me -- and I am consequently in NO hurry to wake everyone up. Still, I think a critical mass of the general public needs to wake up -- and know most of what the insiders know -- but not do anything with that knowledge. Just knowing might be more than enough -- for now anyway.
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

The Surveillance State - A New Era - Page 11 Empty WARNING!!!! If you take photos with your cell phone

Post  enemyofNWO Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:30 am

WARNING!!!! If you take photos with your cell phone

“Warning” If you, your kids or grand kids take pics from your phone—WATCH THIS!

This is truly alarming – please take the time to watch. At the end they’ll tell you how to set your phone so you don’t run this risk!

PLEASE PASS THIS INFO TO ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO TAKES PICTURES WITH THEIR CELL OR SMART PHONE AND POSTS THEM ONLINE.

I want everyone of you to watch this and then be sure to share with all your family and friends.

It’s REALLY important info, about what your posting things on your cell phones can do TO YOU!!!

Too much technology out there these days so beware………..

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO WATCH THIS VIDEO, AND TAKE THE RECOMMENDED PRECAUTIONS.

If you have children or grandchildren you NEED to watch this. I had no idea this could happen from taking pictures on the blackberry or cell phone. It’s scary.

http://kyeos.wordpress.com/2013/05/10/warning-if-you-take-photos-with-your-cell-phone/
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

Post  Jenetta Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:40 pm

And that is one of the many reasons I don't have a cellphone! 

BTW enemyNWO, that little blurb has disappeared from the link.

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 am

Pervasive Surveillance, Total Exposure and the End of Privacy
    By Greg Guma/Global Research
    August 16, 2013

More than a year before 9/11 a blue-ribbon congressional commission on terrorism released a series of recommendations that made civil libertarians cringe. To prevent possible terrorist attacks, said the panel (which included a former CIA director) restrictions on wiretapping should be loosened and surveillance of foreign students should be increased.

At the time, even the conservative Lincoln Legal Foundation labeled the cure “worse than the disease,” arguing that such threats didn’t warrant a suspension of constitutional rights. Most people barely noticed the dispute, however, and even if they had, it’s unlikely that many would have expressed concern about the implications of more wiretapping or spying on people accused of no crimes. The problem was terrorism, after all.

Since then, despite the American preoccupation with individual privacy, surveillance of everyday life has become so pervasive that it’s difficult to resist the mounting intrusions. Video cameras perch around banks, airports, hospitals, ATMs, stores, freeways, and building lobbies and elevators. The Transportation Security Agency recently announced that it will expand its own “stop and frisk” domain to cover trains, buses and concerts.

People often feel safer with cameras observing local streets and parking lots. There are complaints about Facebook’s collection of data, and some consumers do object to the collection of information on their shopping preferences by websites and stores. Still, most accept it as an acceptable and relatively harmless trade-off.

According to Bill Gates (who should know), computers will soon be able to inexpensively scan massive video records to find a particular person or activity. In his 1995 book, The Road Ahead, Gates already envisioned (but didn’t directly recommend) a camera on every streetlight. “What today seems like digital Big Brother might one day become the norm if the alternative is being left to the mercy of terrorists or criminals,” he wrote. Millions will choose to lead “a documented life,” Gates predicted, keeping an audio, written, or video record of their everyday activities.

CONTINUE: http://www.globalresearch.ca/pervasive-surveillance-total-exposure-and-the-end-of-privacy/5346012
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:55 am

Journalist Michael Hastings Was Investigating CIA Director at Time of Deadly Crash
    By Matthew MacEgan/Global Research
    August 16, 2013

The widow of Michael Hastings confirmed that the investigative journalist was working on a story on CIA Director John Brennan when he was killed in a fiery car crash in June.

In an interview with CNN’s Piers Morgan on August 5, Elise Jordan said that the story on Brennan will appear in an upcoming issue of Rolling Stone. The story apparently relates to Brennan’s role in targeting journalists who were working on government secrets.

In its report on Hasting’s investigations, San Diego 6 Newscited an email from obtained by WikiLeaks, which alleges that “Brennan is behind the witch hunts of investigative journalists” who reveal government secrets. It was an internal communication within Stratfor, a global intelligence company with connections to the US state, with a subject line stating that the message was for internal use only and should not be forwarded.

The email went on: “There is a specific tasker from the [White House] to go after anyone printing materials negative to the Obama agenda (oh my). Even the FBI is shocked. The Wonder Boys must be in meltdown mode.”

Hastings died in the early hours of the morning on June 19, when his Mercedes exploded after apparently crashing into a palm tree in Hollywood, California. The vehicle burst into flames and the engine was launched 100 feet down the street. One witness compared the sound coming from the blast to a bomb explosion that shook nearby houses.

While initial eyewitness testimony indicated that Hastings had been speeding, new evidence is surfacing that questions such statements. According to the same San Diego 6 News report, a surveillance video taken from a nearby restaurant has been studied and shows that Hastings may have only been traveling as slowly as 35 mph when the collision took place.

CONTINUE: http://www.globalresearch.ca/journalist-michael-hastings-was-investigating-cia-director-at-time-of-deadly-crash/5346028
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:01 am

The Obama Regime’s Fabricated 'Terror Conspiracy' in Defense of the Police State
    By Prof. James Petras/Global Research
    August 14, 2013

Representative democracies and autocratic dictatorships respond to profound internal crises in very distinctive ways: the former attempts to reason with citizens, explaining the causes, consequences and alternatives; dictatorships attempt to terrorize, intimidate and distract the public by evoking bogus external threats, to perpetuate and justify rule by police state methods and avoid facing up to the self-inflicted crises.

Such a bogus fabrication is evident in the Obama regime’s current announcements of an imminent global “terrorist threat” [1] in the face of multiple crises, policy failures and defeats throughout the Middle East, North Africa and Southwest Asia .

Internet ‘Chatter’ Evokes a Global Conspiracy and Revives the Global War on Terror
    The entire terror conspiracy propaganda blitz, launched by the Obama regime and propagated by the mass media, is based on the flimsiest sources imaginable, the most laughable pretext. According to White House sources, the National Security Agency, the CIA and other spy agencies claimed to have monitored and intercepted unspecified Al-Qaeda threats, conversations by two Al Qaeda figures including Ayman al Zawahiri [2].

Most damaging, the Obama regime’s claim of a global threat by al-Qaeda, necessitating the shutdown of 19 embassies and consuls and a world-wide travelers alert, flies in the face of repeated public assertions over the past five years that Washington has dealt ‘mortal blows’ to the terrorist organization crippling its operative capacity [3] and citing the US “military successes” in Afghanistan and Iraq, its assassination of Bin Laden, the drone attacks in Yemen, Pakistan, Somalia and the US-backed invasion of Libya. Either the Obama regime was lying in the past or its current terror alert is a fabrication. If, as Obama and the NSA currently claim, Al Qaeda has re-emerged as a global terrorist threat, then twelve years of warfare in Afghanistan and eleven years of war in Iraq, the spending of $1.46 trillion dollars, the loss of over seven thousand US soldiers [4] and the physical and psychological maiming of over a hundred thousand US combatants has been a total and unmitigated disaster and the so-called war on terror is a failure.

The claim of a global terror threat, based on NSA surveillance of two Yemen-based Al Qaeda leaders, is as shallow as it is implausible. Every day throughout cyberspace one or another Islamist terrorist group or individual discuss terror plots, fantasies and plans of no great consequence.

The Obama regime fails to explain why, out of thousands of daily internet ‘conversations’, this particular one, at this particular moment, represents an ongoing viable terrorist operation. One does not need a million spies to pick up jihadist chatter about “attacking Satan”.

For over a decade, Al Qaeda operatives in Yemen have been engaging in a proxy war with Washington-backed regimes and over the same time the Obama regime has been engaged in drone and Special Forces assassination mission against Yemeni militants and opposition figures [5]. In other words, the Obama regime has magnified commonplace events, related to an ongoing conflict known to the public, into a new global terrorist threat as revealed by his spymasters because of their high powered espionage prowess!

CONTINUE: http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-obama-regimes-fabricated-terror-conspiracy-in-defense-of-the-police-state/5345808
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:07 am

'Counter-Terrorism' Gone Crazy: Copyright Infringement Is Being Treated as Terrorism
    By Washington's Blog/Global Research
    August 17, 2013

Counter-Terrorism Gone Crazy
    Top American security experts say that using “anti-terror” powers to go after non-terrorism related activities hurts our national security.

A good example is copyright infringement.

The Patriot Act has been invoked in connection with copyright infringement … such as by a fan of the tv show Stargate SG-1.

CNET reported in 2005:
    - Terrorist link to copyright piracy alleged ….
    - Counterfeit DVDs and cigarettes may be funding terrorists.

That’s what the Senate Homeland Security committee heard Wednesday from John Stedman, a lieutenant in the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department who’s responsible for an eight-person team of intellectual property (IPR) investigators.

“Some associates of terrorist groups may be involved in IPR crime,” Stedman said.

Even though Stedman’s evidence is circumstantial, his testimony comes as Congress is expected to consider new copyright legislation this year. An invocation of terrorism, the trump card of modern American politics, could ease the passage of the next major expansion of copyright powers.

CONTINUE: http://www.globalresearch.ca/copyright-infringement-is-being-treated-as-terrorism/5346049
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

Post  Jenetta Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:58 pm

BARRETT BROWN - 100 YEARS IN PRISON FOR POSTING A LINK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpnd57HQDjE

TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:34 pm

Assassination TIME: Sr. Journalist ‘Can’t Wait’ to Justify Drone Strike That Will Kill Assange
    By Global Research News
    August 18, 2013

The unethical and legally questionable statement made by TIME magazine’s senior national correspondent has been met with a barrage of criticism. Although Michael Grunwald deleted the comment and apologized, WikiLeaks is still pushing for his resignation.

The scandal was sparked by a Twitter post on Grunwald’s account which stated that he is eager to write an article on Julian Assange’s execution by a drone.

WikiLeaks tweeted that they have sent a letter to the publication demanding Grunwald’s resignation. They have said that the magazine must show that journalists calling for the murder of other journalists is “never acceptable.”

CONTINUE: http://www.globalresearch.ca/assassination-time-sr-journalist-cant-wait-to-justify-drone-strike-that-will-kill-assange/5346167
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:41 pm

Holder & Obama Are Playing Us On Mandatory Minimums, the Drug War and Mass Incarceration

By Bruce A. Dixon/Black Agenda Report
    August 17, 2013

Once or twice a year Eric Holder and/or the president discover police brutality, racial profiling, or the injustice of the drug war, or mass incarceration. Black America gets some sound bytes of “drive-by” concern, some noises about a study or a “policy change.” But 55 months into the Obama administration, when we compare the prez and attorney general’s words with their actions, black America looks like it’s been played. Again.

After 55 months as US Attorney General, preceded by years as a remarkably vicious federal prosecutor, Eric Holder made what could have been a groundbreaking speech – if only he’d made it 50-some months ago and followed it up with four and half years of the persistent, wide ranging action needed to begin undoing and unraveling the prison state Let’s stand Eric Holder’s and this administration’s expressions of concern over mass incarceration alongside its actual record of exercising the power in its hands. When we do, Eric Holder looks a lot like a lying hypocrite, and the administration looks like it’s playing black America for a nation of chumps.

At no time in this 55 months have the White House, its Attorney General, or its allies in Congress ever seriously pushed for the repeal of mandatory minimum drug sentences, and there is no full court press on this now either. Holder merely says that he’ll instruct federal D.A.s not to file drug charges which under federal law invoke the mandatory minimum sentences in small scale cases where the feds see no violence or gang affiliation. For all kinds of reasons federal D.A.s don’t exactly and often will not follow these instructions. More importantly they can be quietly revoked at any time by this or any future attorney general, and none of it affects drug prosecutions under state law. That’s a lot less than the sea change in the prosecution of the drug war you’d think happened if you watched CNN or MSNBC this week.

CONTINUE: http://www.globalresearch.ca/holder-obama-are-playing-us-on-mandatory-minimums-the-drug-war-and-mass-incarceration/5346115
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:48 am

In a nutshell...
    Excellent rant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGy7qK7v8aE#t=389

Double Thumbs Up Beer 
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:33 pm

The Accelerating Assault on Journalism
    By FAIR
    August 27, 2013

U.S. soldier Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning’s 35-year sentence represents the harshest punishment issued to date for providing media with evidence of government wrongdoing (Forbes, 8/21/13). She is the first whistleblower to be convicted under the Espionage Act, ratifying the new reality that those who give the press information that the government wants to keep secret will henceforth be treated as spies.

Manning’s sentence is only the latest example of the criminalization of investigative journalism that has greatly intensified in the Obama era (Extra!,9/11). While whistleblowers have been the chief targets of the harsh crackdown on media challenges to official secrecy, journalists themselves are increasingly in the government sights.

Fox News‘ James Rosen, for example, was declared a “co-conspirator” under the Espionage Act in the case of State Department contractor Stephen Jin-Woo Kim, accused of leaking information about North Korea; this allowed the Justice Department to read Rosen’s emails, an intrusion on freedom of the press that is forbidden under the Privacy Protection Act unless a journalist is considered to have committed a crime (WashingtonPost.com, 6/20/13).

The Justice Department subpoenaed records for more than 30 phone and fax lines used by scores of Associated Press journalists in an attempt to find the source of a story about a thwarted attack by militants in Yemen (NBCNews.com, 5/20/13). AP president Gary Pruitt (Face the Nation, 5/19/13) said the secret subpoenas were carried out “so sweeping[ly], so secretively, so abusively and harassingly and overbroad, that…it is an unconstitutional act.”

CONTINUE: http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-accelerating-assault-on-journalism/5347117
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:38 pm

Obama Chooses Ex-Intelligence Officials for “Panel of Experts” to Review Surveillance Programs
    By Thomas Gaist / World Socialist Web Site
    24 August 2013

Reports surfacing Thursday indicated that appointments have been made to President Barack Obama’s promised “high-level group of outside experts,” which will assess the government’s use of “intelligence and communications technologies.”

Two of the panel members are longtime intelligence officials, while the other two have worked as officials in the Obama administration.

Among the intelligence panelists will be recent acting head of the CIA, Michael Morell, and former National Security Council staff member in charge of security, Richard Clarke. The panel will also include Cass Sunstein, former administrator of the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs under Obama, and Peter Swire, another current administration official.

Sunstein gained notoriety in 2008 when he advised the government to consider “cognitive infiltration” of dissident political groups. In a 2008 paper titled “Conspiracy Theories,” Sunstein wrote, “Government agents (and their allies) might enter chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups and attempt to undermine percolating conspiracy theories by raising doubts about their factual premises, causal logic or implications for political action.”

In the paper, Sunstein refers to groups that attribute responsibility for terrorist attacks to the US government, or allege government complicity in such attacks, as “extremist groups,” which should be subject to penetration by government agents.

CONTINUE: http://www.globalresearch.ca/obama-chooses-ex-intelligence-officials-for-panel-of-experts-to-review-surveillance-programs/5346881
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:42 am

Remote Controlled Humans Via Internet Now a Reality
    Activist Post
    Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Every day seems to bring new revelations in the area of neuroscience. Obama's BRAIN project appears to being paying dividends.

Just in the last month or so, we have learned that scientists have been working on "neural dust" to create a remote-controlled computer pathway to the brain; and that scientists have been successful implanting false memories in mice. This was followed by an experiment at Harvard that enabled a human to remote control a mouse by thought alone.

And, just like that, the next level has already been reached: remote controlled humans ... via the Internet.

We recently reported on the release of a secret DARPA mind control program at Arizona State University. Part of that research was focused specifically on the attempt to replicate through language the same results obtained with Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, which is a way to directly control movements, speech, and one's perception of reality via electromagnetic waves aimed at the cerebral cortex. Julie Beal also reported on DARPA's solicitation for portable brain recorders that could eventually be used in every classroom in America. Clearly there is a will to put research into action.

CONTINUE: http://www.activistpost.com/2013/08/remote-controlled-humans-via-internet.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNRDc714W5I
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:20 am

America Totally Discredited: If Americans keep believing the Government’s lies, they have no Future
    By Dr. Paul Craig Roberts/paulcraigroberts.org
    August 31, 2013

A foolish President Obama and moronic Secretary of State Kerry have handed the United States government its worst diplomatic defeat in history and destroyed the credibility of the Office of the President, the Department of State, and the entire executive branch.

Intoxicated with hubris from past successful lies and deceptions used to destroy Iraq and Libya, Obama thought the US “superpower,” the “exceptional” and “indispensable” country, could pull it off again, this time in Syria.

But the rest of the world has learned to avoid Washington’s rush to war when there is no evidence. A foolish Obama was pushed far out on the limb by an incompetent and untrustworthy National Security Adviser, Susan Rice, and the pack of neoconservatives that support her, and the British Parliament cut the limb off.

What kind of fool would put himself in that vulnerable position?

Now Obama stands alone, isolated, trying to back away from his threat to attack without authorization from anyone–not from the UN, not from NATO, not from Congress, who he ignored–a sovereign country. Under the Nuremberg Standard military aggression is a war crime. Washington has until now got away with its war crimes by cloaking them in UN or NATO approval. Despite these “approvals,” they remain war crimes.

But his National Security Adviser and the neocon warmongers are telling him that he must prove that he is a Real Man who can stand alone and commit war crimes all by himself without orchestrated cover from the UN or NATO or a cowardly US Congress. It is up to Obama, they insist, to establish for all time that the President of the United States is above all law. He, and he alone is the “decider,” the Caesar, who determines what is permissible. The Caesar of the “sole superpower” must now assert his authority over all law or Washington’s hegemony over the world is lost.

As I noted in an earlier column today, if Obama goes it alone, he will be harassed for the rest of his life as a war criminal who dares not leave the US. Indeed, a looming economic collapse could so alter the power and attitude of the United States that Obama could find himself brought to justice for his war crimes.

CONTINUE: http://www.globalresearch.ca/america-totally-discredited-if-americans-keep-believing-the-governments-lies-they-have-no-future/5347349
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:29 am

Mind Control and Narrative Psy-Ops: The plot thickens
    Julie Beal
    Thursday, August 29, 2013

Happiness Brigades could soon be part of every town and smart city – making us brimful of sunshine to fulfill the United Nations’ mandate for Gross Global Happiness. Tracked and monitored, the “not-yet-happy” could be brought up to spec with a specialized brain zapper, such as the ultrasonic neural interface funded by DARPA.

‘Pfff!’, you may be thinking – ‘I just won’t use it!’ … but smart ID chips are already being phased in as part of the global “federated identity ecosystem”, and chances of avoiding these are looking slim. The ID proposals include hackable biometrics, which will push us closer to “passthoughts” that rely on our unique, live, brainwave patterns; DARPA’s “portable brain recording device” (EEG) could be used for this. So can heartbeat sensors (ECG).

The smartphones which we’ll be expected to use for ID, payment, health services, and life-logging, are ridiculously prone to loss and theft, so by the time ubiquitous surveillance, implants, and neural interfaces have become normal, connecting your brain to the Internet might seem like a natural step. This, of course, would then make us the most vulnerable we could ever be. So just what are these ‘brain zappers’, and what do we mean when we talk about ‘mind control’?

Read more at http://www.activistpost.com/2013/08/mind-control-and-narrative-psy-ops.html#aljEGH0Z5pM0IQD8.99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNhBmT7O7qU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMVz-hJ7J-c
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:40 am

Federal Judge Rules People on No-Fly List Have a Constitutional Right to Travel
    Nusrat Choudhury
    Thursday, August 29, 2013

A federal court took a critically important step late yesterday towards placing a check on the government's secretive No-Fly List. In a 38-page ruling in Latif v. Holder, the ACLU's challenge to the No-Fly List, U.S. District Court Judge Anna Brown recognized that the Constitution applies when the government bans Americans from the skies. She also asked for more information about the current process for getting off the list, to inform her decision on whether that procedure violates the Fifth Amendment guarantee of due process.

We represent 13 Americans, including four military veterans, who are blacklisted from flying. At oral argument in June on motions for partial summary judgment, we asked the court to find that the government violated our clients' Fifth Amendment right to due process by barring them from flying over U.S. airspace – and smearing them as suspected terrorists – without giving them any after-the-fact explanation or a hearing at which to clear their names.

The court's opinion recognizes – for the first time – that inclusion on the No-Fly List is a draconian sanction that severely impacts peoples' constitutionally-protected liberties. It rejected the government's argument that No-Fly list placement was merely a restriction on the most "convenient" means of international travel.

CONTINUE: http://www.activistpost.com/2013/08/federal-judge-rules-people-on-no-fly.html

UFO2 Beer 

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:17 pm