tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+11
SiriArc
Claudia
chelmostef
Spregovori
Mercuriel
enemyofNWO
mudra
Adv
ClearWater
malletzky
Carol
15 posters

Questions

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Questions Empty Questions

Post  Carol Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:27 pm

Question This is thread for those tricky confused techy questions. We will do our best to assist with whatever technical issues that may arise while you're navigating the Mists. Just follow the 'star' to the right.

Last edited by Carol on Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    malletzky
    malletzky

Questions Empty Re: Questions

Post  malletzky Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:36 pm

OK Carol, my first question is, where do I see the "Last post by" button, usually on the right, next to the poster name?

Thanks,
    mall...
    [b]
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:03 pm

Another question: any other forum skins which we could use? Or is this the only one Question :(
    ClearWater
    ClearWater

Post  ClearWater Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:19 pm

malletzky wrote:Another question: any other forum skins which we could use? Or is this the only one Question :(
    I'm curious about this also. An option with a darker background would be very helpful...easier on me eyes. :face:
    ClearWater
    ClearWater

Post  ClearWater Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:27 pm

Is there anything I can do to make images automatically appear 'full sized', rather than having to click on each image each time to see it in its original size?
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:42 pm

Adv is checking some stuff out now.. it may take a few days to sort it all out but your questions are great as we can prioritize more easily with this list.
    Adv
    Adv

Post  Adv Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:10 pm

malletzky wrote:OK Carol, my first question is, where do I see the "Last post by" button, usually on the right, next to the poster name?

Thanks,
    mall...
    [b]

Mall,

Not sure I understand your question. I see last posts by forum and by posts ... as in who posted last to the forum and who posted last to that thread.

Is that what you're asking, or something else ?
    Adv
    Adv

Post  Adv Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:12 pm

ClearWater wrote:Is there anything I can do to make images automatically appear 'full sized', rather than having to click on each image each time to see it in its original size?

I've adjusted an option. these options are usually at a global level and not at a user level. Check out and let me know if what you're referring to seems to be fixed.
    ClearWater
    ClearWater

Post  ClearWater Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:32 pm

Fixed.

Thanks!
    Very Happy
    Adv
    Adv

Post  Adv Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:46 pm

ClearWater wrote:
    malletzky wrote:Another question: any other forum skins which we could use? Or is this the only one Question :(
    I'm curious about this also. An option with a darker background would be very helpful...easier on me eyes. :face:

Ok, I have some bad news and not so bad news.

The bad news is, it's not possible on this forum out of the box. Forumotion ( the software for this forum ) does not support it.

The not so bad news is that some folks have cracked a way to do it but requires programming.

Merc or I will take a shot at it when one of us has some quality time available.

Actually the Forum CAN be changed as to Colour, Buttons, Graphics and a great deal of other things. I just have to bring the AdMods up to speed on how to go about this with the New Interface here. This will be done over the next couple of days. Again - This is a work in Progress and I would say that until most People have a good working knowledge of this Forum and how It operaates - I am curently the Expert out of All of Us with regards to It.

Wink

Please ask I will let Y'all know...
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Adv, when I click the "view posts since last visit" button, I only see who posted and, but usually there is a button to go directly to the last post in that particular thread. Right now, I must click on the thread title to go to the first post and then scroll down to find the last post.

So actually, I'm missing the go to the
    "last post by" button

Adv wrote:
    malletzky wrote:OK Carol, my first question is, where do I see the "Last post by" button, usually on the right, next to the poster name?

Thanks,
    mall...
    [b]

Mall,

Not sure I understand your question. I see last posts by forum and by posts ... as in who posted last to the forum and who posted last to that thread.

Is that what you're asking, or something else ?
    Adv
    Adv

Post  Adv Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:59 pm

aahh.... gotcha ....

When you see all the new posts, there's a littlem orange/red thingy to the left of the thread title. That is actually clickable.

Click on it and it should take you to the newest post.

That is my current understanding. If you find something different, post back and I'll do further research.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:41 pm

For How long will the envision Mists still remain available ?

Love from me
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:18 pm

mall, I don't know about you but I get emails whenever a thread I've been on is posted on. The email link takes me right to it.

mudra, the other forum will stay up as long as the membership wants... we'll take a vote to see when to put a redirect on it to Heaven.
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:20 am

yeah...gotcha now. this is it. THANKS Adv.

Adv wrote:aahh.... gotcha ....

When you see all the new posts, there's a littlem orange/red thingy to the left of the thread title. That is actually clickable.

Click on it and it should take you to the newest post.

That is my current understanding. If you find something different, post back and I'll do further research.
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:27 am

Carol,
    First of all . My thanks to all the administrators for their excellent job and a special thanks to you . I noticed all the threads you opened and all the links , the material covered etc .
    I got a few questions .
    "Please note that We have an IP Tracker and can see just which IP is aligned or assigned to each ID here at the Forums."
    1) I have 3 computers at home . 2 Macs and one window based internet only computer . My wife and I both use Macs . Could I visit this forum without logging in with the two computers that I do not use regularly ?
    I know that the assignment of IP addresses is a dynamic process . Is it possible to have one computer logged in and may be exceptionally another just visiting at the same time ?
    2) I read somewhere that people should " port " their own thread to the new address. I thought that was the job of the administrators . Am I wrong ?

Cheers
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:19 am

Thanks,
    mall...
    [b]

Well at the Top right under "Log Out" is this > View posts since last visit - View your posts - View unanswered posts < Where You should be able to track down what You want and if not You can click on a Poster's Name by the Post They've made and then see All of Their Posts.

Wink

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:23 am

For now this is the only One. I will be doing some Colorization of this Theme to make it more pleasing to the eyes. I have the next 3 days off of work so by Monday it should be looking much better than it currently is. My apologies - But this has kind of been a rush to set up because of Our prior Hosts Issues but I am on It.

Addtionally I am working on the addtition of Themes for the Members to use to suit Their own styles but I have to do some Investigation of this and maybe even some Coding. Please understand that this is a work in progress but We will get there - Faster than most Peeps think...

Wink

Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:24 am

ClearWater wrote:

Please see My Post above.

Wink

Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:30 am

mudra wrote:For How long will the envision Mists still remain available ?

Love from me
    mudra

Until We get things sorted so for awhile yet anyways. Not Years but I'd say Months at least or until Its obvious We no longer need it. This could change of course but at the outset - That would appear to be Our best Answer...

Wink

Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:31 am

enemyofNWO wrote:Carol,
    First of all . My thanks to all the administrators for their excellent job and a special thanks to you . I noticed all the threads you opened and all the links , the material covered etc .
    I got a few questions .
    "Please note that We have an IP Tracker and can see just which IP is aligned or assigned to each ID here at the Forums."
    1) I have 3 computers at home . 2 Macs and one window based internet only computer . My wife and I both use Macs . Could I visit this forum without logging in with the two computers that I do not use regularly ?
    I know that the assignment of IP addresses is a dynamic process . Is it possible to have one computer logged in and may be exceptionally another just visiting at the same time ?
    2) I read somewhere that people should " port " their own thread to the new address. I thought that was the job of the administrators . Am I wrong ?

Cheers

Give Us those IDs and We will know so We can crosscheck. Then the 3 can be explained as Your House Surfing here or Your PCs at least OK ?

Wink

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:01 am

Dear NWO, I have hundreds Blink of my own threads and images (32 pages worth) to move over and both Mercurial and Adv are busy handling all of the tech issues. This forum belongs to the members and therefore, we are asking them to help take ownership by moving their own threads.

Because we changed to a more secure server/host in another country, we have no way to move all of the data intact except by moving manually it thread-by-thread. When you move your own threads ~ you're the one moving it, so you own it and you will always have access to it for editing purposes. If, and when I have time, I move someone else's thread, then only the admin/mods have access to it for editing purposes.

However, I did move a few posts from 'the place that must not be named' of some other members over into the Contactee/Abductee forum so they would feel more welcome when they visit... and if they want to copy and paste their original post into the thread so they have access to it for editing purposes, then I would be happy to delete their post that I pasted into the thread. Very Happy
    Spregovori
    Spregovori

Post  Spregovori Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:41 pm

enemyofNWO wrote:
    I read somewhere that people should " port " their own thread to the new address. I thought that was the job of the administrators . Am I wrong ?

It is unlikely invison gave the access to the database and the same access would have to be given by this heaven place. Than there is also the matter of "moving stuff" which is not just 2 clicks...
    This is a free forum. It can stop working at any time, it can be taken away at any time, it can be limited at any time....

No one has a job...no one is paying for anything or providing for anyone....one can not just simply issue demands.
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:45 pm

If there's any problem with these proboards is also good , and they have good support usually.
    Questions Icon_flower But it's ok , just the colors are little bit odd...
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:48 pm

E.T. wrote:If there's any problem with these proboards is also good , and they have good support usually.
    Questions Icon_flower But it's ok , just the colors are little bit odd...

The thing with this setup is that We can have Different Boards or Themes Its just that It'll be a Global Swap if I do it right now. What I have to do to provide the Functionality of giving all Members Their own selection of a Theme is to Code It and create the CSSs for It.

No worries - I'm versed in what needs to be done - Its just to get everyone moved over right now but as We go along these Items will come up to be added...

Got Ya a Chat too...

cheers

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 am