tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+4
burgundia
Swanny
orthodoxymoron
Carol
8 posters

U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning - Page 5 Empty Re: U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning

Post  Carol Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:08 am

More health info and tips:

Researchers have figured out COVID19 crosses the blood brain barrier and in at least some cases, and perhaps chronically, is also a neurological disorder that in cases has literally caused people to forget to breathe due to brain damage.

In light of the high similarity between SARS-CoV and SARS-CoV2, it is quite likely that the potential [neurological] invasion of SARS-CoV2 is partially responsible for the acute respiratory failure of COVID-19 patients. Awareness of this will have important guiding significance for the prevention and treatment of the SARS-CoV2 induced respiratory failure.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6612361/

From South Korea:
    30,000 mg Vitamin C by IV
    200,000 IU Vitamin D by injection

Purchase an oxygen concentrator just in case you need some help to keep oxygen flowing in your blood.

Also 1kg of vitamin c (cheap one), vitamin D, turmenic, zinc, selenium,garlic extract, clove, and some good quality Spirits (alcohol). Sanitise your lungs from the inside from blood to lungs

This site has successful experiment information on multiple essential oils. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6612361/

CISTUS (cistus incanus). use it as a tea and it works wonders against anything flu like. It literally blocks your receptors for the flu stuff.

They are saying lysosomal is as effective as intravenous.
    A few shots of lipo C should be the equivalent of the IV dosages quoted in the research articles on corona and vitamin C. Lots of videos online showing how to make it.

Early use of large dose antioxidants, especially vitamin C (VC)

A combo of Rosehip, Birch Bark and Chaga would zap the virus dead in its tracks. All very easy to obtain too.

Natural adaptogenic medicines such as Turkey Tail Mushrooms, Chaga, Birch Polypore, Birch Bark, Reishi Chicken of the woods Rosehip ect prevent the phenomenon known as cytokine storm. These adaptogens don’t merely stimulate the immune system they regulate it according to what’s needed, keeping it from over stimulating and creating a cytokine storm that attacks the body. Over stimulating the immune system creates a cascading storm of unregulated cytokines (such as interleukin or interferon) that cause the inflammatory effects that often lead to autoimmune diseases, paralysis, or even death. It is this phenomenon which causes most adverse vaccine reactions too. (Nicotine patches may help prevent this.)

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning - Page 5 Empty Re: U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning

Post  Carol Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:23 am

Vidya, I have two humidifiers. One in the bedroom for night and one in the living area.

Below is an add for new one. It also ionizes the air.

U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning - Page 5 Productimage-model606d_green

https://purefromnature.com/product/pure-nature-leaf-deluxe-air-purifier-w-ionizer-blue-led-light-model-606d/

Pure From Nature Air Revitalizers:

http://purefromnature.com

Machines come in all colors and sizes!

Our Air Revitalizer machines act as air purifiers and humidifiers. They removes contaminants from the air in your home including dust, toxins, bacteria, allergens, and second hand smoke. Our machines are beneficial to allergy sufferers and asthmatics, as well as anyone who wants to breathe clean air free from environmental toxins and bacteria.

Our purifying technique works with pure water, anti-microbials, and pure essential oils. Experience a clean, fresh, wonderful smelling environment naturally without any chemicals or aerosol sprays.

Once you use our purifying Air Revitalizers You will actually start noticing that you sleep better, you feel better, your skin is better hydrated, and general wellbeing. Our aroma essences are pure essential and botanical oils that have a aroma therapy affect. As well as antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. Our revitalizer also creates negative ions through the motion of water which have healing properties.

Our products have been shown to sanitize, purify, deodorize, humidify and ionize the air, using pure natural ingredients.

Pure From Nature Aroma Essences:
    Aromatherapy is one of the oldest methods of holistic healing, equipped to rejuvenate the body, mind and spirit with the use of fragrance or aroma.

Aromatherapy is an alternative health science that uses the physiological and psychological benefits of herbs essence to manage a wide range of illnesses. Essential plant oils are used, through the sense of smell, to promote health and in treating several diseases ranging from stress, depression, arthritis, obesity, cancer, pain reduction and dementia.

Our Air Revitalizers use essential plant oils to clean and scent the air in your home or office and create a healthy environment for your family, free of toxins, germs, bacteria, and unpleasant odors. Purify and scent the air and achieve maximum aromatherapy benefits by adding pure aroma essences to our air revitalizers.

We offer a variety of products to scent and purify your air including, air purifier/revitalizer, pure aroma essence, aroma concentrate, garden in a bottle, foot spa oils, and aroma therapy car scenters.

Aroma Essences-Fragrances
    Our Aroma Essence Fragrances are made from pure botanicals and essential oils with no added ingredients or chemicals. These pure plant products will scent and purify the air around you while stimulating your senses to give you an overall sense of wellbeing.

We offer a variety of fragrances for you to choose from including:

Oasis                        
    Serenity​​Mango
    Fortune                
    Cinnamon ​​Sensual
    Sweet Dreams      
    Eucalyptus
    ​​Fortune
    Lemon
    Spring​
    Green Tea
    ​​Bergamot
    Winter   ​        
    Vanilla                    
    Rose
    Lemongrass             ​
    Lavender                
    Oasis                      
    Cinnamon
    Coconut​​
    Ylang Ylang​​
    Jasmine
    Strawberry
    ​​Peppermint​​
    Citronella
    Sandalwood​​
    Lime​​​
    Sea Breeze
    Basil
    (Anti-microbial Concentrate-no scent)
    Christmas Blend

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:52 am

orthodoxymoron wrote:
    U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning - Page 5 Mug11.p179

Oxy, I've not had a flu shot ever since I quit working for the Public Health Department. Haven't had the flu, none of us have had the flu for over the past 18 years. And none of us get flu shots for the simple reason that they don't work and often end up making people sick.

For example our brother-in-law almost died from his flu shot at the beginning of the year, where he ended up with a blood infection from the damn thing and ended up being hospitalized for days while they were trying to figure out what was wrong.

The best thing one can do for their health is eat healthy, exercise, keep their immune system strong and avoid sick people/crowds.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:10 pm

These two items will knock this virus on its as s if taken at the onset and can be purchased via Amazon.

U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning - Page 5 41OO21j111L._SY180_ Thorne Research - Copper Bisglycinate - Well-Absorbed Trace Mineral Supplement - 60 Capsules
    Sold by: iServe  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HA044NM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    $17.00

U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning - Page 5 41m0wH4%2BkrL._SX180_ Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C, 1,000 mg Vitamin C Per Packet, 30 Count
    Sold by: Pure Essence Health  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CD9XGC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    $35.95

List to have in Prepper's kit

Liposomal C

The Herb Angelica Archangelica.

Ionic copper

Cytokine suppress with egcg

And Clear Lungs By Ridgecrest.

No zinc. Zinc Chelates copper, copper chelates zinc. They are antagonistic to one another. Lowers copper in your body. The copper is what you need with the Vitamin C. Don’t take too much copper though, follow instruction on bottle.. toking zinc will actually make things worse

Sore throat, sinuses congested, took Liposomal Vit C, About 30K IU Vit D3, and gargled with 3% Food grade peroxide, woke up fine.

Here are two links more for cytozyme storms

Immune Modulator with Tinofend® / $8.50
    https://www.lifeextension.com/vitamins-supplements/item01704/immune-modulator-with-tinofend

Cytokine Suppress® with EGCG / $22.50
    https://www.lifeextension.com/vitamins-supplements/item01804/cytokine-suppress-with-egcg

Last edited by Carol on Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:27 pm

I was thinking about this today. Blink
    The word is that corona virus is a man made virus/bio-weapon, if this is so then they will no doubt be adding this to the chemtrails Nuke
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:45 pm

Swanny wrote:I was thinking about this today. Blink
    The word is that corona virus is a man made virus/bio-weapon, if this is so then they will no doubt be adding this to the chemtrails Nuke

I had wondered about chemtrails as well Swanny as that is what initially got me years back. We started making our own liquid Vitamin C then. I did purchase most of the above items. Having had pneumonia a few times would not want to get that again. Sucks.

Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:18 pm

Thanks Carol. The vit c is interesting. Taken orally then to be effective, that dose of vit C is also a powerful laxative. Wink

How to get IV vit C without a medical practitioner? I have wondered this for years as its an amazing 'cure-all'.

I tend to avoid supplements and pills. I live on an organic farm and eat a healthy fresh organic diet. I stocked up on dried stuff ... agree lentils and rice are a good combo, and i love dhall...

i store dried green/red lentils /chick peas /rice /various beans / cous-cous / coffee beans / flours / olive oil / fruit /  gunpowder (green) tea
    and tins of sweet corn / beans / chick peas / coconut cream / fruit
    and almond butter / tahini

i have 2 kilos of curry powder Wink

will probably stock up on potatoes  / garlic.

my place for curry then Wink

swanny, depends on your definition of 'chemtrail'.. if you mean the white lines behind most aircraft, that linger and create artificial clouds, then dont worry! A decent hat made of tin foil will protect you 100 % lol!

if you mean a modified plane that can disperse aerosol particles that do not first go through an internal combustion engine, then yes, its feasible. Jim Stone reckons they have created a multi part toxin, with a part from vaccine, a part from the environment (food/air)..

for copper.. I have a pure copper water flask.. I must start using it again..

alcohol will kill the virus.. Bushmill's black bush whisky should do the trick,, taken internally of course  Very Happy
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:25 pm

I think the curry will kill any bugs that would want to take up residence in your body Vidya. Insanely Happy

NANUXII
    NANUXII

Post  NANUXII Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:42 am

do you know what bill got passed during all this Coronavirus shenanigans ? Anti Cash Law in Australia ! thats the biggest killer from this virus yet ...

Anyway i dont drink beer so i think im safe .. Rolling Eyes

N
    N
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:24 am

U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning - Page 5 Maxresdefault
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:53 am

NANUXII wrote:do you know what bill got passed during all this Coronavirus shenanigans  ?     Anti Cash Law in Australia !   thats the biggest killer from this virus yet ...

Anyway i dont drink beer so i think im safe  ..    Rolling Eyes

N
    N

They are definitely going to use this against cash, they already have in China. They want cashless so that they can control us even more, the stupid sheeple are all too willing to swipe and use their smart phones to pay as it is. Idiots
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:59 pm

NANUXII wrote:do you know what bill got passed during all this Coronavirus shenanigans  ?     Anti Cash Law in Australia !   thats the biggest killer from this virus yet ...

Anyway i dont drink beer so i think im safe  ..    Rolling Eyes

N
    N

Pretty sad N as it's clear the NWO is doing much better in Australia then anywhere else.

~~~~~`

Below is a list put together by my friend back east. Enjoy.

CORONAVIRUS MEDICATION CHECKLIST (Updated 3/3/20)
    The cause of disease is primarily dampness. Dampness obstructs the spleen and blocks the lungs. The damp toxins transform into heat. Dampness lingers and clings like “oil mixed into flour”. Coronavirus’ main cause of disease is damp toxicity not heat toxicity with dampness. In treating heat toxicity with dampness, the strategy is usually to clear heat, resolve toxins and dispel dampness. However, when treating dampness toxicity that transforms into heat or retained dampness heat toxin, if you clear heat and resolve toxins, using cold herbs too early, this will inevitably exacerbate the dampness and lead to cold enveloping heat. So, in treating this disease, the focus should be on resolving turbidity with aroma, outthrusting through the exterior and up bearing and down bearing the spleen and stomach. As dampness is revolved, depressed heat can disperse and toxicity will be unable to form – in this way symptoms will gradually resolve.

How to disinfect a room (without people in it)
    Vaporizor with cold air mist

3% Hydrogen Peroxide 2-3 tablespoons
    5 drops of Yerba Mansa Essential Oil
    Use this in a room to disinfect it when no one is in it.  Have the sick person leave the room and use this to disinfect the bedroom or bathroom that they were in. Use this in your office or store at night to totally disinfect the air.
    https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/…/hydrogen_peroxide_vapor_e…
    https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/56/1/27/417496

How to keep the air in a room free from contaminants (with people in it/)

Pure From Nature Air Revitalizers
    Marcella Note: I use this in my home and take a travel one with me to my clients.
    URL: https://purefromnature.com/ref/marcella.makela%40gmail.com
    This product haa been shown to sanitize, purify, deodorize, humidify and ionize the air, using pure natural ingredients. Has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties.  

Our Air Revitalizer machines act as air purifiers and humidifiers.
    It removes contaminants from the air in your home including dust, toxins, bacteria, allergens, and second hand smoke.
    Our purifying technique works with pure water, anti-microbials, and pure essential oils.
    creates negative ions through the motion of water which have healing properties.

How to keep the air clean from viruses.
    Aromatherapy diffuser

Thieves Oil Blend #1
    40 drops of Clove Essential Oil
    35 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
    20 drops of Cinnamon Essential Oil
    15 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
    10 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
    This purifies the air in your home, eliminates odors, acts aromatically to support your lungs and sinuses. Diffuse 15-20 drops of Thieves Oil for 15 minutes three or four times a day in an essential oil diffuser. As you breathe the oil you will strengthen your lungs, sinuses, and entire respiratory system.
    *Note: Cat’s cannot process essential oils –  do not a diffuser around your feline friends.

Traditional Chinese Medicine (These are the 6 TCM medications used in Wuhan)
    Ma Xing Yi Gan Tang
    Sheng Jiang San
    Da Yuan Yin
    Houpu Xia Ling Tang
    Huo Xiang Zheng Qi San
    Yin Qiao San

Coronavirus Core tincture formulation by Stephen Buhner
    Baikal skullcap (3 parts)
    Japanese knotweed root (2 parts) 
    Kudzu (2 parts) 
    Licorice (1 part) 
    decocted Elder leaf tincture (1 part) 
    Note, the berry will do I guess but it is about 1/3 as effective as the decocted leaf (which no one sells, you have to make it yourself). 
    Dosage: 1 tsp 3x day as a preventative, 6x if active infection.

Coronavirus Immune system, cellular protection, cytokine interruption tincture formulation, 
    supportive for core tincture activity by Stephen Buhner

Cordyceps (3 parts) 
    Dong Quai (2 parts) 
    Rhodiola (1 part) 
    Astragalus (1 part).

Coronavirus Cellular protection, cytokine interruption, spleen/lymph support tincture formulation by Stephen Buhner
    Dan Shen (3 parts) 
    red root (2 parts) 
    cinnamon (1 part. 

Boneset Tea
    With active coronavirus infection: very strong boneset tea, to 6x day. I have used this with other corona virus infections, including SARS, it works well. Stephen Buhner
    Lymphatics
    Cleavers (Gallium aparine)
    Redroot (Ceanothus americanus)
    Echinacea (Echinacea spp)
    Antispasmodics
    Valerian (Valeriana officinalis)
    Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata)
    Lobelia (Lobelia inflata)
    Mullein (verbascum thapsus) 
    Wet, Productive Coughs
    Elecampane (Inula helenium)
    Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
    Thyme (Thymus vulgaris)                                      

Dry coughs
    Marshmallow (Althea officinalis)
    Plantain (Plantago spp.)  
    Pleurisy root (Asclepias tuberosa)
    Mullein (verbascum thapsus)  

Yellow Mucous (too much heat in the body)
    Oregon grape (Mahonia aquifolia) cooling
    Marshmallow (Althea officinalis) cooling
    Horehound (marubium vulgare) cooling
    White Mucus (too much dampness in the body)
    Elecampane (Inula helenium) heating
    Ginger (Zingiber officinale) heating

Immune Stimulating Herbs (supports the immune system to prevent illness)
    Elderberry syrup
    Fire Cider (Rosemary Gladstar is a good one)
    Yarrow tea
    Elderflower tea
    Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus)
    Jade Screen Formula (TCM)

Topical Thieves Oil: 1 drop of Thieves Oil to 4 drops carrier oil. (Grapeseed, Jojoba, Coconut, Avocado – any healthy oil will act as a carrier) This lets you use Thieves Oil topically. Some folks can use Thieves Oil without a carrier, but some peoples’ skin will get irritated. You can massage this blend on your feet, lower back, neck, chest and behind your ears. Rubbing this oil blend on your feet daily promotes a healthy immune system. Marcella Note: I put several drops of the Thieves Essential Oil directly into my dickie and wear that over my mouth & nose when traveling in the subways & trains of NYC as a preventative.
    Massage Therapy Dilute 15 drops of Thieves Oil with 15 drops of carrier oil and massage over lungs, chest, and back to improve your respiratory system.

Immune Stimulating Herbs (supports the immune system during infections)

Baical skullcap (Scutellaria baicalensis)
    Basil Leaf (Ocimum basilicum)  
    Diaphoretics (help the body “sweat it out”)
    yarrow
    elderflowers
    peppermint
    Spice of Life Tea (Diaphoretic, heating, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and antibacterial)
    Basil Leaf (Ocimum basilicum)                                                    1 teaspoon
    Oregano Leaf (Origanum vulgare)                                        1 teaspoon
    Thyme Leaf (Thymus vulgaris)                                       1/2 teaspoon
    Rosemary Leaf (Rosmarinus off.)                                   1/2 teaspoon
    Ginger Root - Ground (Zingiber off.)                             1/4 teaspoon
    Turmeric Root - Ground(Curcuma longa)                     1/4 teaspoon
    Cinnamon Bark - Ground (Cinnamomum zeylanicum)                1/4 teaspoon

Directions
    Add these amounts, mixed together into a Quart Jar (best to use a Canning Jar which can withstand boiling water), add to jar, and pour boiling water over the herbs and let steep for 1/2 to 1hour before drinking. 

Dosage
    The average adult when sick with a cold or respiratory infection could drink as much as 2 quarts a day. Usually, a quart a day for adults is probably enough. Children between 5 and 15, could use up to a quart a day if sick, but probably more like a 1/2 of a quart should be sufficient. Children under 5, maybe just a couple of teaspoons of the tea, several times a day. One can drink a cup or two (adults) a day to stimulate the immune system when a cold is going around.
    This tea is warming, it increases diaphoretic action (sweating) if you drink a lot of it. Increases diuretic action (more urination). Increases respiratory function so you get less congestion. This tea blend is relaxing, so you get deeper and more restful sleeps. It is very anti-inflammatory and reducing inflammation is always helpful when you have a cold or infection. The tea increases circulation which is extremely helpful in congestion and infectious states. This tea blend is extremely anti-viral and antibacterial. 

Herbs for viral infections and pandemic like situations.
    Yerba Mansa
    Yellow Cone Flower
    Red Root
    Arizona Cypress
    Yerba Santa
    Ocotillo
    Elephant Tree

Disinfecting your house
    Thieves Oil Blend #2 (Put all this in a glass bottle)
    200 drops of Clove Oil
    175 drops of Lemon Oil
    100 drops of Cinnamon Bark
    75 drops of Eucalyptus Oil
    50 drops of Rosemary Oil

Thieves Oil All-Purpose Spray
    Make an easy all-purpose spray out of Thieves Oil and water in a spray bottle to clean and disinfect just about everything. Take odor out of pet beds*, clean microbial bacteria off surfaces, and keep baby’s room spic and span with Thieves Oil.
    Add 1 drop of Thieves Oil for every ½ ounce of water used. This is a strong solution that can be lessened to 1 drop per 1 oz if you find it overpowering. You’ll need to shake the bottle vigorously
    *Note: Cat’s cannot process essential oils – if you’re using this blend to clean a litter box that’s fine, but do not spray on a cat’s bed or use as an aromatic without a diffuser around your feline friends.

Household Uses
    Because of its antibacterial properties, Thieves Oil is a great all-around cleaner. Add to laundry loads, dishwasher loads, and floor and countertop cleaning solutions to remove any stubborn, sticky buildup, or even just to give a great, deep clean.
    You can freshen up your kids’ stuffed animals or your dog’s bed, clean your cell phone and other devices, etc.  You can add Thieves Oil to a cotton ball and place in car air vents.

MARCELLA’S ALL- PURPOSE CLEANER 
    Created this in December, 2011 because I did not like the hospitals (Overlook & Morristown) cleaning products (which many of them had cancer causing ingredients in them). Wanted a natural product that killed all the antibacterial resistant diseases I was exposed to and that it smelled good too. Everyone started using my spray bottle. Doctors would walk pass my station and say that it smelt so good. 

20 drops lemon essential oil: antibiotic, astringent, antiseptic, vermifuge 
    15 drops orange essential oil: antiseptic, disinfectant, antibiotic 
    10 drops pine essential oil: anti-infectious, antifungal, antiseptic 
    4 tablespoons of grapefruit seed extract or 
    (Biokleen-Concentrate All Purpose Cleaner-which is grapefruit seed extract) 
    30 oz of water 

Put in a 32 oz spray bottle & shake well. 

Marcella’s Notes: This is what I used at the hospital to clean my desk, phone, keyboard, counters, beds, commodes, etc.  

“Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) has been found to be more powerful as cleaning disinfectant than standard hospital preparations.  One study showed it to be 100 percent effective, versus 98 percent for commercial hospital preparations & 72 percent for rubbing alcohol. It is an environmentally friendly cleaner & antiseptic. It can sterilize cooking pots, surgical instruments-nearly anything. GSE is active against the following species & strains; shigella, staphylococcus, pseudomonas aeruginosa, giardia lamblia, diplococcus pneumoniae, haemophilus influenzae, mycobacterium spp (causing  tuberculosis), campylobacter, candidia albicans, Escherichia coli, streptococcus, salmonella, klebsiella, proteus, cholera, Chlamydia trachomatis, trichomonas vaginalis, legionella pneumoniae, helicobacter pylori, herpes simplex 1, influenza A2, measles, gram positive & gram negative bacteria, plus many more.” 
     Herbal Antibiotics-Natural Alternatives for Treating Drug Resistant Bacteria by Stephen Harrod Buhner (an herbalist I studied with) 

AVOID aspirin and NSAID’s — They increase viral shedding (spreading to others) and extend the duration of active infection. Their anti-inflammatory effects are thus also immune-suppressing.

ABOUT THE HERBS:
    BASIL
    - Basil has been used as a spice and medicine for centuries. It has traditionally been used by herbalists to treat nausea, gas pains, dysentery. Research shows that it inhibits organisms that cause dysentery. It is anti-viral and antibacterial. Has been used to treat lung infections and to help clean up mucous membrane congestion. Basil is also considered to be an effective immune stimulating herb and has been used to assist the body’s immune system in fighting various types of viral and bacterial infections. 

OREGANO - There are many different types of Oregano, but medicinally they are mostly the same. Oregano leaf is heating, spicy, and moving. It increases circulation and if you use enough of it, it will make you sweat (diaphoretic). It will also increase urination, which is extremely helpful when fighting an infection. This movement helps the body get rid of the cellular waste from an infection. A key to getting better when you have an infection in the lungs or mucous membranes is to create movement. Oregano really does that. Because Oregano contains a constituent called Thymol it makes it one of the premier plant medicines for fighting serious bacterial and viral infections. It's antibacterial and anti-viral

THYME - Thyme contains a lot of Thymol making it a very powerful antibacterial and anti-viral plant medicine. Both major components of the volatile oil - thymol and carvacrol have been highly researched and are shown to be antibacterial and anti-fungal. Thyme in large amounts has been used to expel worms, especially hookworms and ascarids. As a gargle or mouthwash Thyme is an excellent remedy for sore throats and infected gums. A hot tea of just Thyme is sweat-inducing making it effective against the common cold. Its volatile oils are excreted through the lungs making it excellent to use in bronchitis, whooping cough and pneumonia. Thyme is an excellent expectorant causing the coughing up of thick infectious mucus. An ointment made from Thyme has been used to treat shingles (Herpes zoster). * Large amounts of Thyme should be avoided during pregnancy.  While a common kitchen spice and a small pinch is used to flavor foods ... larger amounts become a very serious medicine.

ROSEMARY - Another plant medicine that can contain small amounts of thymol, but also contains thujone, camphor’s, and other strong constituents. Rosemary is an excellent remedy for headaches and is considered to be an herbal nervine. It is a relaxing and vasodilating plant medicine. Good for lowering stress and calming down. It is antibacterial and antifungal. Topically the oil has been used to treat ringworm. The herb reduces flatulence and is stimulating to the digestion, liver and gall bladder increasing the flow of bile. It has been used to treat painful periods. Rosemary also improves the circulation and helps to strengthen fragile blood vessels due to its flavonoid diosmin.  I consider Rosemary another one of my top 10 most used plant medicines. Having used it with thousands of people in hundreds of different ways. There is 2000+ years of historical uses for this great medicine plant. Much has been written about Rosemary!

GINGER - Ginger has been used as a plant medicine for many thousands of years by many different cultures. The roots of Ginger have long been prescribed for colds, coughs, flu, and promoting better digestion. It is one of the finest herbs for improving circulation. It is anti-viral and is an excellent respiratory plant medicine helping to expectorate stuck infectious mucus from the lungs. In this tea blend formula Ginger Root helps to move all the other herbs through the body more effectively. It helps to move waste from an infection by stimulating sweating and urination. 

TURMERIC - This is probably one of the most researched of plant medicines with over 800 scientific papers to date. It is a premier anti-inflammatory. An action you want in most formulas. When you can reduce inflammation during an infectious condition your chances of recovery are greatly enhanced. Some research shows that Turmeric Root inhibits bacteria and fungal growth in the body. It has been used to help better digestion, especially with poor digestion of fats. This can make the blood less thick, which means less polluted blood, especially during infectious conditions. It is known to stimulate better lymphatic drainage which also aids the immune system. One could literally spend days and days reading about the amazing medicinal history of Turmeric.

CINNAMON - Cinnamon has been used to warm the body, treat cold conditions and colds, to warm digestion and to ease flatulence. Used to ease menstrual cramps and is antispasmodic to hectic lung coughing fits, easing the bronchi spasms. Cinnamon is extremely antibacterial inhibiting E.coli, Staphylococcus aureus, and thrush (Candida albicans). Used for thousands of years as a medicine plant, with a rich history of written uses and applications. 

Garlic (allicin) - Very effective antiviral. Best if fresh (raw) and crushed. Must be consumed within 1 hour of crushing. Dosage is initially 2 to 3 cloves per day but later reduce until no body odor occurs. No toxic effects noted. (Pubmed PMID 9049657) Garlic is fabulous medicine for the lungs!

St Johns Wort (Hypericum) - Very effective antiviral. Also decreases the production of the cytokine IL-6. Hypericum is an extract from St John’s Wort. There have been some very successful field trials in commercial flocks infected with H5N1 in Vietnam. (Pubmed PMID 7857513, 11518071, 11362353, 7857513, 11518071

Scutellaria Baicalensis (Baikal Skullcap) - Antiviral. It has no side effects and is also a mild tranquilliser. Research suggests neuraminidase, which is a substance needed by the H5N1 virus to reproduce, may be inhibited. If there was one herb that I could choose to deal with ANY virus, it would probably be this one. It is fast becoming my favorite Chinese herb. Inflammations, virus-weakening, cytokine storm reducing…

Cat’s Claw (Uncaria tomentosa) - Decreases the production of the cytokine TNF-a. Also boosts immune system. The number of white blood cells was significantly increased during treatment. No toxicity was noted. Active constituents can be found in the leaves, bark, vine, and roots. Water extraction from bark used. Children and pregnant women are to avoid. Has a potentially damaging effect on the DNA of proliferating cells. (cancers, foetuses, growing children)

Curcumin ( Turmeric ) - Decreases the production of the cytokine TNF-a. This is the yellow compound in turmeric. Research shows that this may be very good for preventing a cytokine storm although this is not proven.  Traditional dosage is 500mg to 4000mg daily.

Astragalus Root (Astragalus membranacus) - Boosts immune system.

Tea Tree - Steam Inhalation - Reduces the cytokine TNF-a. Add 2 drops of tea tree oil in a bowl of steaming water. Cover head with a towel and inhale for 5 to 10 minutes. Relieves congestion and fights infection. Its effectiveness is unknown. (Pubmed PMID 11131302)

Tulsi / holy basil - has been known and worshipped in India for more than five millennia for its remarkable healing properties. Considered as an 'Elixir of Life', this wonder herb has now been claimed to keep the deadly swine flu at bay and help fast recovery in afflicted persons.

Pleurisy root (Asclepius tuberosa) : not just a gorgeous garden ornamental and pollinator-attracting flower, it is a first-class “lung herb”. And what is most lethal about the Coronavirus is its progression to Pneumonia and lung collapse. Also consider Elecampane, Mullein, Schizandra for lungs if unable to find Pleurisy.

Elder (Sambucus nigra): berry, leaf, flower, and bark are all useful.

Boneset (Eupatorium perfoliatum) herb : the classic “flu herb” with centuries of successful use un-documented, un-approved, un-sanctioned by “medical science”. 

Japanese knotweed: protecting endothelial cells, reducing cytokine cascade (also very much used for this in Lyme Disease ), immune “amphoteric”, strong anti-oxidant.

Lomatium dissectum : from Stephen Buhner’s “Herbal Antivirals”, p.235 :
“Upper respiratory viral infections, all influenza strains, SARS, pneumonia. I think the plant is better thought of as a systemic antiviral , especially for respiratory infections, most especially the emerging influenza strains” (and this was written in 2013 ! )

Red Root (Ceanothus americanum): lymph and liver, ‘body-cleaning’ herb, also has long useage for bronchitis, asthma, expectorant, general pulmonary problems.

Echinacea angustifolia : 

Licorice root : centuries-old “conducting herb” that conducts the herbs in a formula to where they are needed in the body; but also a ‘most excellent’ anti-inflammatory, mildly-mucilagenous, anti-bacterial/viral herb that is effective in (among many others) respiratory challenges.

Supplements
    Vitamin C - Boosts the immune system and is an antiviral by blocking the enzyme neuraminadase. Viruses need neuraminadase to reproduce. There are anecdotal stories of people taking large amounts of Vitamin C  (children ½ dose ) surviving the Spanish Flu. Research shows that it may reduce the production of cytokines TNF-a and IL-6. A study on 470 people involved giving the test group 1000 mg hourly for 6 hours and then 1000 mg 3 times daily after reporting flu symptoms. Symptoms decreased by 85%. (Pubmed PMID 10543583, 634178, 16169205, 12876306)

Vitamin D  -  The crucial role of vitamin D in the innate immune system was discovered only very recently. Both epithelial cells and macrophages increase expression of the anti-microbial  cathelicidin upon exposure to microbes, an expression that is dependent upon the presence of vitamin D. Pathogenic microbes stimulate the production of an enzyme that converts 25(OH)D to 1,25(OH)2D, a seco-steroid hormone. This in turn rapidly activates a suite of genes involved in pulmonary defense. In the macrophage, the presence of vitamin D also appears to suppress the pro-inflammatory cytokines. Thus, vitamin D appears to both enhance the local capacity of the epithelium to produce endogenous antibiotics and, at the same time, to dampen certain destructive arms of the immune response, especially those responsible for the signs and symptoms of acute inflammation, such as the cytokine storms operative when influenza kills quickly.

Vitamin E - Immune booster. Also decreases the production of the cytokine TNF-a. (Pubmed PMID 155882360, 10929076) Experiments involved using mice. Very suitable for immune compromised people, especially the elderly. Effects enhanced when taken with Vitamin C.

Resveratrol - Antiviral. In addition to inhibiting neuraminidase, Resveratrol also sends a message to cells to stop manufacturing viruses. This is a proven antiviral found naturally in red wine, peanuts, mulberries, Japanese Knotwood root (richest source), raisins and red grapes.  (Pubmed PMID 1583880, 12817628, 15985724)

Green Tea (possible Tamiflu/Relenza alternative)- Very effective antiviral. Also decreases the production of the cytokine (catechins) TNF-a. Inhibits neuraminidase. May have antiviral activity that is equal to other antivirals such as Tamiflu. (Pubmed PMID 16137775)

There are so many people who contributed to this information. Thank you all!
    This information has been compiled & researched by:
    Marcella Paraskevas-Ramirez    marcella.makela@gmail.com
    Clinical Herbalist, Certified Advanced Aromatherapist, Bach Flower Practitioner, Certified Natural Food Chef & Chef Instructor. Treating Humans & Animals.

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:18 am

Concentrated liquid oxygen supplements

Loads of interesting data about liquid oxygen as you scroll down and also check the links on the right

https://www.reachforlife.com.au/products/oxyrich.php#16

Love from me
    mudra

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:27 pm

More info on the effectiveness of Vitamin C.

Daughter Claims Her Family Was Saved From COVID-19 By Vitamin C
    “They plan to give 6,000 mg/day and 12,000 mg/day per day for moderate and severe cases.

We are also communicating with other hospitals about starting more intravenous vitamin C clinical studies.

We would like to see oral vitamin C included in these studies, as the oral forms can be applied to more patients and at home.” -Dr. Richard Cheng. 

Megadose preventative Vit C (3000mg/day)

Need to Know: So how much should you take?

* For a cold

Three 1,000mg doses a day, according to the campaign group Consumers for Health Choice.

* For flu

Although it's more serious, the viral load is similar, according to research, and taking up to 20,000mg a day could be beneficial.

* For shingles

Research has shown that this painful post-viral condition can be pretty well cured by an injection of 3,000mg of vitamin C. Taking four 1,000mg tablets orally for three days could be worthwhile as well.

* For a hangover

Taking 1,000mg daily in the week before a booze-up reduces stress on the liver. If you're drunk and want to look sober, a large dose of vitamin C will prevent drunken behaviour, according to a 1986 study, "Alcohol and Alcoholism".

* To maintain your health

A 1,000mg daily dose is regarded as safe by the Food Standards Agency, and adequate to keep sufficient vitamin C in the plasma and tissues. "We believe this is absolutely safe and definitely beneficial to people's health," says Sue Croft of Consumers for Health Choice.

You have to take Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C. It tricks your system to absorb enough to help your immune system.

Just a note

Excess vitamin C is excreted from the body as oxalate, a bodily waste product. ... Consuming too much vitamin C has the potential to increase the amount of oxalate in your urine, thus increasing the risk of developing kidney stones

Let's deal with the kidney stone issue. According to one of the pieces below, men have a 13% chance of developing kidney stones and women have a 7% chance. According to the other piece below, consuming more than 1000 mg/day of Vit C gives men a 41% higher chance of kidney stones than those who consume less than 90 mg/day. That means your odds of getting kidney stones, should you take more than 1000 mg a day, goes to somewhere in the 10-20% ballpark depending on your gender. Yes, kidney stones are painful, but relative to the risk of death from this virus, I'd say it's a little pain while peeing is a risk worth taking, at least temporarily.

At high doses Vit C causes production of hydrogen peroxide

He thinks that could be one if its mechanisms for antiviral effect

To really have effect you need to take at least 10 g per day preferable 30 g or more

When ppl are sick its found they can take a lot more orally so you can take that much while sick

I suggest buying powdered vit C now in case you need it its cheap $20 for 500 g or more

Vitamin C. Then add several other supplements such as trace amounts of copper, vitamin D3 (sun exposure especially), lysine (amino acid), garlic, various herbs. etc. Just set these traps in your body to make it hard for the virus to set up shop and thrive.

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:45 pm

Dr Berg on the virus Corona

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lAtAd6_Wh9Y

Love Always
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:19 am

Vitamin D for prevention of respiratory tract infections
    https://www.who.int/elena/titles/commentary/vitamind_pneumonia_children/en/

Vitamin D for prevention of respiratory tract infections

Commentary

Rhaiza Aponte, MSHN and Cristina Palacios, PhD
    Nutrition Program, Graduate School of Public Health, Medical Sciences Campus, University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico
    June 2017

Introduction

Respiratory tract infections are conditions that affect the air passages. These include acute infections that affect the lower respiratory tract and lungs, such as pneumonia and influenza (1), which are among the leading causes of death in children worldwide (2). In 2015, 16% of all deaths in children under five years of age were attributed to pneumonia (2). These conditions may also have an impact on quality of life (3). Therefore, it is important to find interventions that could prevent respiratory conditions.

Vitamin D is a fat-soluble-vitamin, different from others in that a major source derives from UV light-induced conversion of its precursor under the skin. Dietary sources include fortified foods and supplements. Studies have indicated that there is a high prevalence of vitamin D deficiency worldwide (4–5). Vitamin D deficiency may affect the immune system as vitamin D plays an immunomodulation role (6), enhancing innate immunity by up-regulating the expression and secretion of antimicrobial peptides (7–Cool, which boosts mucosal defences. Furthermore, recent meta-analyses have reported a protective effect of vitamin D supplementation on respiratory tract infections (9–12). Therefore, in this commentary we reviewed the applicability of such intervention and implementation in settings with limited resources based on these four systematic reviews and meta-analyses.

Methodology summary

This commentary provides an overview of four systematic reviews and meta-analyses (9–12). Yakoob et al. (9) conducted a Cochrane review of individually- or cluster-randomized controlled trials assessing synthetic oral vitamin D supplementation and the incidence rate of respiratory tract infection in children under five years of age. This review included trials of vitamin D supplementation at different doses and frequencies compared to a control group. The control group included placebo of propylene glycol or olive oil, or no intervention. The outcomes included in this review were incidence rate, duration, and severity of infections, particularly, pneumonia and diarrhoea. Pneumonia was confirmed by chest radiograph.

Bergman et al. (10) conducted a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials assessing vitamin D and incidence of respiratory tract infection, defined by each author as primary or secondary outcomes, including upper or lower infections in children and in adults; they excluded tuberculosis and fungal infections. The randomized trials compared vitamin D supplementation group to a control (no treatment or placebo) group. In this review, there were no limitations with regard to participant’s characteristics, vitamin D doses, and treatment duration.

Charan et al. (11) assessed the effect of vitamin D supplementation on the prevention of respiratory tract infections through a meta-analysis of randomized placebo controlled clinical trials in children and in adults. The outcome of this systematic review and meta-analysis was the episode of respiratory tract infection (pneumonia, influenza, common cold) in those randomized to the intervention compared to controls.

Martineau et al. (12) completed a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials with individual’s participant data. This review assessed the effect of vitamin D supplementation on acute respiratory tract infections in children and in adults.

These reviews used standard procedure of search terms and strategies, and presented clear search criteria and data analyses for conducting systematic reviews and meta-analyses.

Evidence summary

Yakoob et al. (9) included four trials with a total of 3198 children from Afghanistan, Spain, and the USA. Pneumonia episodes (two trials reported this) were similar between those supplemented with vitamin D compared to controls (Rate Ratio [RR]: 1.06; 95% CI: 0.89, 1.26). The trial from Afghanistan found an increase in repeat episodes of pneumonia with vitamin D supplementation (RR 1.69; 95% CI: 1.28, 2.21) but not when confirmed or unconfirmed pneumonia was combined (RR 1.06; 95% CI: 1.00, 1.13). No study reported on duration of pneumonia or severity of infection.

Bergman et al. (10) included 11 randomized placebo-controlled trials with 5660 individuals (average age was 16 years, ranging from 6 months to 75 years). The summarized results showed that vitamin D supplementation significantly decreased the risk of respiratory tract infections (odds ratio [OR]: 0.64; 95% CI: 0.49, 0.84; p=0.0014). Also, this review found that the protective effect of vitamin D was greater in studies using daily single doses (300-2000 IU/day) (OR 0.51; 95% CI: 0.39, 0.67) compared to large doses given at certain intervals (100,000 or 200,000 IU per month or every 3 months) (OR 0.86; 95% CI: 0.62, 1.20). However, there was evidence of heterogeneity and publication bias among studies.

Five clinical trials were included in the review conducted by Charan et al. (11). The reduction of episodes of respiratory tract infections was significantly lower in vitamin D supplementation group compared to the control group (OR=0.58; 95% CI: 0.42, 0.81; p=0.001). When analysed by age using fixed models, the protective effect of vitamin D supplementation was found among two trials reporting this in children (OR 0.58; 95% CI: 0.42, 0.81; P=0.001 in two trials) and among three trials reporting this in adults (OR 0.65; 95% CI: 0.47, 0.90; P=0.01). However, when using random models, the effect remained significant in children (OR 0.58; 95% CI: 0.42, 0.81; P=0.001) and it was marginal in adults (OR 0.54; 95% CI: 0.28, 1.06; P=0.08). This difference could be attributed to publication bias, low number of trials, different vitamin D doses and heterogeneity of participants.

Martineau et al. (12) included 25 randomized controlled trials, with a total of 10,933 participants aged 0-95 years from 14 different countries. Overall, there was a significant beneficial effect of vitamin D supplementation in decreasing the risk of experiencing at least one acute respiratory tract infection (OR 0.88; 95% CI: 0.81, 0.96; P=0.003). This protective effect was seen in those not receiving bolus doses (OR 0.81; 95% CI: 0.72, 0.91) vs those receiving bolus doses of ≥30000 IU (OR 0.97; 95% CI: 0.86, 1.10). Also, this effect was seen among those receiving doses <800 IU (OR 0.80; 95% CI: 0.68, 0.94; P=0.006) but not those receiving doses 800–2000 IU or >2,000 IU. Furthermore, this protective effect was seen in children 1–16 years (OR 0.60; 95% CI: 0.46, 0.77; P<0.001) but not in those aged 16-65 years or those older than 65 years. In general, there was significant heterogeneity of effect between primary trials.

Discussion

Applicability of the results
    Three of the reviews consistently showed a benefit of vitamin D supplementation for preventing respiratory tract infection mainly in children younger than 16 years (10–12). Two of the reviews also reported that the protective effect is observed only when single daily doses are used but not when bolus doses are given (10, 12). One review further showed that doses of 800 IU or less were protective of respiratory tract infections, but not higher doses (12). However, this protective role was not seen for pneumonia, as reported by Yakoob et al. (9) from only two trials.

It is important to note that most reviews reported significant heterogeneity, which may make the generalizability of the results difficult. This heterogeneity may be due to several reasons, including some publication bias, but also methodological issues, such as low numbers of trials, vitamin D supplementation regime used and heterogeneity of participants’ characteristics. With respect of vitamin D supplementation regime, these reviews showed that the size of the dose and the administration intervals might modify the effects of vitamin D supplementation on respiratory tract infections. Daily smaller doses were more effective than single large boluses of vitamin D. In fact, studies have shown that large boluses may in some cases increase the risk of adverse outcomes, such as increased risk of pneumonia, suppressed proliferative responses of peripheral blood monocytes, suppressed inflammation, and greater positive sputum cultures (13–16). With respect to participant’s characteristics, body mass index as well as baseline vitamin D status may modify the 25-hydroxyvitamin D response to vitamin D supplementation (15, 17, 18).

Implementation in settings with limited resources
    Vitamin D supplementation for preventing respiratory tract infection is not routinely done. For this intervention to be effective, it should be done continuously, before the respiratory tract infection starts. This could be a major challenge in many under-resourced settings, as programme managers and policy-makers will have to plan for procurement of the preparation, storage, distribution, quality-control, and compliance assurance of vitamin D supplements for children on a routine basis. Failures in implementation of this intervention have been attributed in many instances to inadequate infrastructure and poor compliance, particularly in developing countries. Intermittent vitamin D supplementation would reduce some of these challenges, although results from these trials show that bolus doses are not effective. Future studies could evaluate the effectiveness of different dosing schemes on respiratory tract infections, such as once a week, which may be easier to implement.

Further research
    Additional trials testing different dosing regimen (level of dose and intervals) are needed before implementing this at a population level. Also, trials should follow up participants long enough to understand if vitamin D is still effective once vitamin D status is optimal, as once vitamin D deficiency is corrected, giving more vitamin D supplementation may not provide additional benefits. Currently, there are other randomized controlled trials testing the effects of vitamin D on risk of acute respiratory tract infection, which could help elucidate some of these issues. In addition, future studies need to report adherence to the intervention to better understand if inclusion of non-adherent participants would bias the results reported so far.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:37 am

How Much Vitamin D Should You Take For Optimal Health?
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-much-vitamin-d-to-take#section8

For Optimal Health?

Vitamin D is absolutely essential for good health.

Also known as the sunshine vitamin, it is made in your skin when exposed to sunlight.

In spite of that, vitamin D deficiency is one of the most common nutrient deficiencies in the world.

Up to 42% of the adult population in the US has low vitamin D levels, which can cause health problems (1Trusted Source, 2Trusted Source, 3Trusted Source, 4Trusted Source, 5Trusted Source).

Vitamin D is particularly important for bone health and immune system function.

This article discusses how much vitamin D you need.

What Is Vitamin D?
    Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that functions like a steroid hormone in the body.

There are two forms of vitamin D in the diet:

Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol): found in some mushrooms.
    Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol): found in oily fish, fish liver oil and egg yolks.
    D3 is the more powerful of the two types, and raises blood levels of vitamin D almost twice as much as D2 (6Trusted Source, 7Trusted Source).

Large amounts of vitamin D can also be made in your skin when it is exposed to UV-rays from sunlight. Any excess vitamin D is stored in your body fat for later use.

Every cell in your body has a receptor for vitamin D. This vitamin is involved in many processes, including bone health, immune system function and protection against cancer (8Trusted Source, 9Trusted Source, 10Trusted Source, 11Trusted Source).

BOTTOM LINE:
    Vitamin D functions like a steroid hormone in your body. There are two forms in the diet, D2 and D3. It can also be produced in your skin when exposed to sunlight.

How Common Is Vitamin D Deficiency?
    Vitamin D deficiency is a problem all over the world.

However, it is especially common in young women, infants, the elderly and people who have dark skin (12Trusted Source, 13Trusted Source).

About 42% of the US population is vitamin D deficient. However, this rate rises to 82% in black people and 70% in Hispanics (5Trusted Source).

If you have access to strong sun all year, then occasional sun exposure may be enough to fulfill your vitamin D requirements.

However, if you live far north or south of the equator then your vitamin D levels may fluctuate depending on the season. The levels may go down during the winter months, due to a lack of sufficient sunlight (14Trusted Source, 15Trusted Source, 16Trusted Source).

In that case, you need to rely on your diet (or supplements) for vitamin D, as well as on vitamin D that is stored in body fat during the summer (15Trusted Source).

In adults, a vitamin D deficiency may (17Trusted Source, 18Trusted Source, 19Trusted Source):

Cause muscle weakness.
    Intensify bone loss.
    Increase the risk of fractures.

In children, a severe vitamin D deficiency can cause delays in growth as well as rickets, a disease where the bones become soft.

Furthermore, vitamin D deficiency has been linked with several cancers, type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure and thyroid problems (17Trusted Source, 20Trusted Source).

BOTTOM LINE:
    Vitamin D deficiency is very common worldwide, but occurs at higher rates in specific populations. A deficiency in vitamin D is linked to various health problems.

How Much Vitamin D Should You Take?
    How much vitamin D you need depends on many factors. These include age, race, latitude, season, sun exposure, clothing and more.

Recommendations from the US Institute of Medicine suggest that an average daily intake of 400–800 IU, or 10–20 micrograms, is adequate for 97.5% of individuals (21Trusted Source, 22Trusted Source).

However, some studies have shown that the daily intake needs to be higher than that if you aren't being exposed to sun.

Depending on who you ask, blood levels above 20 ng/ml or 30 ng/ml are considered as "sufficient." One study of healthy adults showed that a daily intake of 1120–1680 IU was needed to maintain sufficient blood levels (23Trusted Source).

In the same study, individuals who were vitamin D deficient needed 5000 IU to reach blood levels above 30 ng/ml.

Studies in postmenopausal women with vitamin D levels below 20 ng/ml found that ingesting 800–2000 IU raised blood levels above 20 ng/ml. However, higher doses were needed to reach 30 ng/ml (24Trusted Source, 25Trusted Source).

Overweight or obese individuals may also need higher amounts of vitamin D (26Trusted Source, 27Trusted Source).

All things considered, a daily vitamin D intake of 1000–4000 IU, or 25–100 micrograms, should be enough to ensure optimal blood levels in most people.

4000 IU is the safe upper limit according to the Institute of Medicine (IOM). Make sure not to take more than that without consulting with a health professional.

BOTTOM LINE:
    Vitamin D intake is recommended at 400–800 IU/day, or 10–20 micrograms. However, some studies suggest that a higher daily intake of 1000–4000 IU (25–100 micrograms) is needed to maintain optimal blood levels.

What Are The Optimal Blood Levels of Vitamin D?

Blood levels of vitamin D are assessed by measuring 25(OH)D in the blood, which is the storage form of vitamin D in the body (28Trusted Source).

However, there has been some debate over the definition of optimal blood levels.

The Institute of Medicine (IOM) and the Nordic Nutrition Council base their recommendations on the following blood levels (18Trusted Source, 21Trusted Source):

Sufficient: 25(OH)D greater than 20 ng/ml (50 nmol/l).
    Insufficient: 25(OH)D less than 20 ng/ml (50 nmol/l).
    Deficient: 25(OH)D less than 12 ng/ml (25 nmol/l).

These organizations claim that blood levels of over 20 ng/ml meet the vitamin D requirements of more than 97.5% of the population.

A committee at the IOM did not find higher blood levels to be associated with any additional health benefits (21Trusted Source).

However, other experts, including the Endocrine Society, recommend aiming for higher blood levels that are closer to 30 ng/ml (75 nmol/l) (17Trusted Source, 29Trusted Source, 30Trusted Source, 31Trusted Source).

BOTTOM LINE:
    Vitamin D levels are generally considered sufficient when above 20 ng/ml (50 nmol/l). However, some experts claim that blood levels above 30 ng/ml (75 nmol/l) are optimal.

What Are The Main Sources of Vitamin D?
    You can get vitamin D from:

Sun exposure.
    Foods that contain vitamin D.
    Supplements.

Vitamin D intake is generally quite low, since very few foods contain significant amounts (32Trusted Source).

Foods that do contain vitamin D include fatty fish like salmon, as well as fish liver oils.

Egg yolks also contain small amounts, and in some countries milk and cereals are enriched with vitamin D (33Trusted Source).

However, supplements are also widely available, and are both safe and effective.

BOTTOM LINE:
    The main sources of vitamin D are sunshine, fatty fish, egg yolks, fish liver oils, fortified foods and supplements.

Can We Get Enough Vitamin D from the Sun Alone?

Summer sun exposure is the best way to get enough vitamin D.

However, the amount of sunlight needed varies.

Older individuals and dark-skinned people produce less vitamin D in the skin.

Geographic location and season are very important, because vitamin D can't be produced year round in countries that are far from the equator.

Even though the sun may be shining, it is not necessarily strong enough to produce vitamin D.

Here are a few facts about vitamin D production in the sun:

In the more than 70 countries that are positioned north of 35°N, no vitamin D is produced during the winter months (34Trusted Source, 35Trusted Source).

Further north, in countries like Norway (69°N), no vitamin D is produced from October until March (36Trusted Source).
    Factors such as clothing, weather, pollution, sunscreen use, weight and genetics may also affect the body's ability to produce vitamin D.

In strong sun, exposing arms and legs for 5–30 minutes between 10 AM and 3 PM is usually enough to meet the daily requirements of most light-skinned people. People with darker skin may need a little more time (22Trusted Source).

One study showed that extended sun exposure during summer was enough to ensure excellent vitamin D levels during winter, regardless of vitamin D intake (37Trusted Source).

However, if you live far from the equator, you probably need to consume supplements or foods that contain vitamin D.

BOTTOM LINE:
    Vitamin D requirements can be met by sunshine alone during the summer. During the winter, and for those living far from the equator, supplements may be needed.

How Much Is Too Much?

Information about vitamin D overdose is outdated, and toxicity is extremely rare.

It is associated with dangerously high amounts of calcium and phosphates in the blood, along with low levels of parathyroid hormone.

This is typically only seen in individuals who have accidentally or intentionally taken extremely high doses of vitamin D for long periods of time, such as 50,000–1 million IU/day for months (38Trusted Source, 39Trusted Source).

The upper level of harmless intake is set at 4000 IU, or 100 micrograms, per day.

However, up to 10,000 IU per day has not been shown to cause harm to healthy individuals (21Trusted Source).

That being said, very few people actually need more than 4000 IU a day (40Trusted Source).

A study of 17 thousand people taking varying doses of vitamin D, up to 20,000 IU/day, did not demonstrate any signs of toxicity. Their blood levels were still lower than the upper range of normal, which is 100 ng/ml, or 250 nmol/l (26Trusted Source).

Also, it is not possible to overdose on vitamin D from sunlight.

Keep in mind that although large doses are unlikely to cause harm or toxicity, they may be completely unnecessary.

BOTTOM LINE:
    The recommended upper intake level of vitamin D is 4000 IU/day. However, even higher dosages have been shown to be safe in some studies.

Take Home Message

Vitamin D is essential for bone health and many other aspects of health.

A deficiency is incredibly common, and may have severe health consequences for many people.

If you're thinking about adding more vitamin D to your diet, consider the following factors:

If you live somewhere where there is sun year-round, then you may not need extra vitamin D as long as you make sure to get enough sun.

If you do not have access to the sun, then vitamin D3 supplements of 1000–4000 IU (25–100 micrograms) should be enough for most people.

The only way to know if you actually need to take a vitamin D supplement is to have your blood levels measured.
    At the end of the day, vitamin D is highly important. Correcting a deficiency is simple, cheap and can have immense health benefits.

Read this for more info on vitamin D: Vitamin D 101 — A Detailed Beginner's Guide.

HEALTHLINE RESOURCE
    Get the vitamins you need through food
    Find out how much A, B, C, D, E, and K you need each day — and where to get them. Download our free guide to reference when you’re grocery shopping or preparing meals.

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:31 am

Last edited by orthodoxymoron on Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:32 am

Covid 19 reached Bhutan...

Coronavirus update

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j6gqGSDN3l0

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:43 am

Cv update: don't fear just prepare

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4fZDVcVfu40

Love Always
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:11 am

Saw this post at GLP:

How to prepare your home for a quarantine - Armed Prepper Edition.

Note* This is what I did. You'll need to adapt to where you live.

Another note, my 3 immediate neighbors are like-minded. I realize this is a HUGE advantage. I also live about 3 miles from the nearest decent sized town, my house is at the end of a long driveway with a few other houses, again, a great advantage. I don't believe any of this is by accident. I've experienced some really strange things over the last 6 months, things that have come together to make this situation bearable, I hope.

What I have done to pandemicize my residence

Invested in a gravity water filter and we also have a pool. If you do not, or cannot get a filter, you can make bleach to disinfect water from pool shock:

Make Bleach from shock - 15 cups water (or 1 gallon minus 1 cup). 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons 68% Pool Shock. Mix until dissolved. Wait 2-3 hours for the inert ingredients to settle out and use.

Have accumulated about 6 months worth of food

after that, we have chickens, and rabbits

Planted fruit trees, berry bushes, and stored a crapload of veggie seeds.

Firearms - Covered - I'll leave it at that - plenty of ammo for each caliber.

Installed solar motion sensor lights all around the house
    Ollivage Outdoor Solar Lights, 30 LED Solar Security Lights with Motion Sensor Dual Head Spotlights IP65 Waterproof 360° Adjustable LED Solar Motion Lights for Front Door Garage Patio Deck, 2 Pack
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SK64WVX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Installed a driveway monitor
    1/2 Mile Long Range Solar Wireless Driveway Alarm Outdoor Weather Resistant Motion Sensor & Detector- Security Alert System-Monitor & Protect Outside Property,No Need to Replace The Batter
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L3TFM2G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Scouted areas of the property that offer cover and concealment

Got some huge speakers and an amp that hooks to my phone's bluetooth. Music makes everything better, even a quarantine.

I have CB, Shortwave and HAM communication options.

Batteries of every type and a big solar panel and inverter just to charge them. I recommend Eneloop. They come charged, they recharge thousands of times.
    Panasonic K-KJ17MC124A eneloop Super Power Pack 12AA, 4AAA, 2 C Adapters, 2 D Adapters, “Advanced” Individual Battery

Charger and Plastic Storage
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JHKSLLY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Picked this up, in case we have any medical issues. My library has all kinds of stuff in it, but this was the latest purchase
    The Survival Medicine Handbook: THE essential guide for when medical help is NOT on the way
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0988872552/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got everything we normally use for 3 months around the house, laundry soap, hygiene items, meds. The idea here is DO NOT Go where there are people! If this bug is as contagious as they say, this will be the only way to keep from getting it.

You'll thank yourself later:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SPY4HM8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Don't forget baby wipes.

Oh, and don't forget coffee. You'll also thank yourself later

Good luck everyone. I'd love to hear about your preps. What are you doing to prepare?

~~~~~~`

If possible, keep these on hand to support your immune system. Ordered these from Amazon.

Thorne Research - Copper Bisglycinate - Well-Absorbed Trace Mineral Supplement - 60 Capsules

Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C, 1,000 mg Vitamin C Per Packet, 30 Count
    Sold by: Pure Essence Health

High Potency Vitamin D3 10,000 IU for Immune Support, Healthy Muscle Function & Bone Health, USDA Certified Organic Non-GMO Gluten Free Vitamin D Supplement, 360 Tablets

Emergen-C Immune+ Vitamin C 1000mg Powder

Turmeric Curcumin Softgels, Qunol with Ultra High Absorption 1000mg

Life Extension Cytokin Suppress with EGG (Respiratory Immune Support)

Young Living Thieves Essential Oil 15ml can be used in humidifier in aerosol form

Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:06 pm

U.S. and Global PANDEMIC Preparedness Planning - Page 5 1546aa7b8b2b6435b6eadb113e3a3f2b?width=650

corona virus attacks your lungs not your bum Crazy Happy
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:02 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:01 pm

hcoronavirus update with Stepan Mollineux

ttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ1t4xKksjs

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:16 am

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:17 pm