tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+11
RedEzra
mudra
orthodoxymoron
Jenetta
shiloh
Carol
Sanicle
Brook
SophiasChoice
blue roller
Pris
15 posters

The Holy Quran Experiment

Sanicle
    Sanicle

The Holy Quran Experiment - Page 9 Empty Re: The Holy Quran Experiment

Post  Sanicle Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:01 am

SophiasChoice wrote:
    Nope I said surrendering holds some valuable lessons.
    I also stated that if it doesn't feel right (used the cup of tea metaphor) Then don't.
    I never said one has to choose.

There are some people I would gladly jump off of a cliff for.
    It will depend on the why, but faith in the fact I am eternal even if my ego will die right there and then is enough for me to seriously contemplate jumping if need be,,

But hey that too is not everyone's cup of tea.
    In my work with violent mentally challenged people in order to stand with them I always give them the first punch for free.
    Now many people in my field declared I am mad to do so. In actual fact. Allowing them to take that first swing whenever fear and panic overcomes them helps them to trust me to act in a consistent and predictable manner over time. Allowing me to help them.

Many who don't, show signs of fear, which many of these people pick up. What that does in effect is make there fear and panic grow.
    Now do I expect all my colleagues to take that first hit? No I understand the fear for getting hit, I know of the shame involved..
    Do I keep doing it? You betya. Maybe stupid, maybe smart... It's a lesson I learned by surrendering to whatever comes up.

An added bonus is that I don't seem to get hit much these days.. I wonder why that is..

With Love
    Eelco

You're one very cool and loving lady Eelco.  Empathy and compassion plus.  I'm so glad you're on this forum with us spreading your wise and gracious energy.  Hugs
    SophiasChoice
    SophiasChoice

Post  SophiasChoice Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:01 am

The Holy Quran Experiment - Page 9 Img_5210

Boo

Actually I am a 43 year old man.
    With waay to much children under his care. Hence the eyes. No drugs were involved just wholesome and utter tiredness.

Ps I've lost the beard recently

With Love
    Eelco
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:16 am

Lolerz Embarassed Bleh  Um, so sorry Eelco.  It's 'Sophia's Choice' and the avatar you see.  Umm, I'll try again........

You're one very cool and loving GUY Eelco.  Empathy and compassion plus.  I'm so glad you're on this forum with us spreading your wise and gracious energy.  Hugs

(Love the photo BTW. Good to see you. I love you )
    SophiasChoice
    SophiasChoice

Post  SophiasChoice Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:56 am

Sanicle wrote:Lolerz Embarassed Bleh  Um, so sorry Eelco.  It's 'Sophia's Choice' and the avatar you see.  Umm, I'll try again........

You're one very cool and loving GUY Eelco.  Empathy and compassion plus.  I'm so glad you're on this forum with us spreading your wise and gracious energy.  Hugs

(Love the photo BTW.  Good to see you. I love you )

Thank you,
    How very nice of you to say so..

Toast Flowers Hugs

I do need some photo inserting skills. I am usually sitting the right way up..

With Love
    Eelco
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:30 am

blue roller wrote:The question I would ask is "who is raising who up exactly" The parents, the church ,Jesus, allah, some dude down the road who likes kids a little bit to much?

Innocence is a precious thing. When  loving parents have children they protect them ,love them , teach them, and hopefully encourage them to think for themselves.

Church says " Dont think ,just believe in Jesus/Allah/Jehovah or who the hell ever and put your blind faith in our God ,our religion and our way '
    Otherwise you will go to hell
    . Circumcision is 'gratis' (thanks for nothing) but the guilt you will be paying out for a lifetime . Some deal.

Every religion knows the best time to get adherents is when they are young and vulnerable to suggestion/manipulation. There is nothing cute about forcing kids to look cute and sing fluffy hymns at church. I Hated it . Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam ! Barf.

It should be Illegal to press any religion on innocent minds . Its a violation of the mind, not care.

Children instinctively sing , paint, create and play. They are already in the kingdom of heaven. The church takes them out of it and puts them in a mind prison of fear and lies and Bible class.

'Oh god please not the Bible class Mum , its all thou shalt not do this and thou shalt worship that and I am not worthy lord to suck your toenails clean with my desert parched tongue...................'

And Kneeling in church to pray ! Why does god need you to grovel before he will listen ? What does that say about him ? Nuke Hypnotize

Here's a good definition of Religious Writing . Die Spam Die Die Spam Die Die Spam Die Die Spam Die Die Spam Die Die Spam Die Die Spam Die

Well....It's official... UFO2    Spiritual    UFO2    Spiritual     UFO2   Number 4

Were you sipping a White Russian when you wrote that?

Give the man a blue cookie!

The Holy Quran Experiment - Page 9 The-big-lebowski-white-russian-recipe-rocks-glass_1000

Last edited by Brook on Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:28 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:35 am

Pris wrote:.

This song sounds very inspiring, doesn't it?

The children's voices are like 'the voices of angels'...

Sometimes the voices of "ANGELS FALLEN" who "relish death" get involved and leave a child with NO VOICE

Nothing Left

I would scream,
    but there is no voice left.
    I would cry,
    but there is no tears left.
    I would fight,
    but there is no strength left.

http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t8198-survivor-kathy-collins#114652

Nope

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:31 pm

The major missing-ingredient in my pseudo-intellectual alternative-quest is "What Are Civilizations Really Like Throughout the Rest of the Universe???" What Do They Do Concerning Matters of Church and State?? Are They "Progressive" or "Regressive"?? Are We "Progressive" or "Regressive"?? I presently lean toward maximizing Sacred Classical Music -- and minimalizing Horrific Eschatology and Otherworldliness. Participation in multiple church-music programs have been the high-points of my often-rocky church-experiences. I get the sinking-feeling that No Matter How Anyone Attempts to Run Earth-Civilization IT'S GOING TO BE WRONG!!!! I get the sinking-feeling that the Old-Guard is being replaced by the Info-War -- and that ANY New-Guard won't stand a "snowball's chance in hell". An Individual of Interest suggested to me that an Extermination is Inevitable. I have No Idea what the true state of affairs really are -- but I constantly privately-agonize over various eschatological-theories. BTW -- teaching children about Hell and the End of the World are probably forms of Child-Abuse.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:12 pm

What is so difficult about appreciating innocence? Or holding it up in the light? When I sang as a child all that existed in that moment was the music and the feelings of connectedness to something greater then myself that the music inspired.

Later in life as a mental health professional, I've known, counseled and was a therapist to the abused (women, children and men). Having sat with them while they poured out feelings of betrayal, grief, anger.. all of it... did not sour me on life or leave me focusing on negative toxic energy. My job was to help these people find their way back to a place of inner peace and healing..

Even today, we (spouse and I) live our lives by refusing to allow toxic people into our daily lives as friends.. or even family, or put up with others lack of integrity in their relationships with us.  

In looking back it seems that all of our closest friends are committed to their own spiritual path and very upbeat - even in the midst of terrible personal tragedy. For example my closest friend and her little dog were attacked by a pitt bull that almost killed them both.. her hands shredded, yet even after the event her attitude and loving spirit was amazing. This person has been my friend since we were four years old. We live thousands of miles apart yet impact each others live in a significant way throughout our shared life experiences on a regular basis. Throughout these many years there have only been positive interactions between us - not one negative exchange - ever. I find that pretty amazing.

This leads me to sharing about one of the things that has been troubling me about Mists over the past few years. That is the darkness that sits on the edge and rears it's ugly head in graphic images or posts of one sort of another. In addition, a number of our "posting" members have complained to me and let me know they were leaving because of the way they have been emotionally attack my a couple of the members here. Why is that happening when our primary rule towards one another is mutual respect?

Subsequently, action is now being taken toward those who make a personal decision to spam other member's threads with their BS or engage in emotional attacks. That type of behavior is not to be tolerated here at Mists and won't be. Complaints will be followed up with consequences. A self-moderating forum is only as good as it's members. IMPO, given what I've been reading in a number of posts reviewed over the last several days it's clear that some people need to leave.. they can do it on their own or with a little help.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:25 pm

Every institution driven by the lust for power uses the innocent and the naive to front their agenda, their hidden agenda.

As a father nothing is more insulting to me than religion. It's gods excuse for war, hate and famine.

Look how many churches are being exposed as abusers of children . Choir/altar boys are fodder for lecherous priests . TV prostitutes children everyday to sell garbage with a cute innocent smiling face wrapped in corporate cotton wool.
    Is there anything more sickening than a politician kissing babies ?

Then you have the sickly sweet machinations of the 'spiritual' . All talk , little substance.

I used to sing in a Choir Carol BUT I did so because I enjoyed it , not because I was compelled by guilt and the iron hand of the 'righteous'.

I love music passionately and indeed it is my business ,which makes it even harder to watch the Beauty of life raped by the cynical marketeers of religion etc.

Power for its own sake invariably hides behind the mask of beauty . All the more effectively to seduce the unwise .

Beauty cannot be denied though and we all of us Know that. We grieve the loss of it and consumed by anger and grief , lash out . Nazi Germany is but one example . A great tragedy to befall such a beautiful country. The land that bought us Bach and Beethoven .
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

Post  Jenetta Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:11 pm

My opinion and my message still stands Pris regardless of whether you like it or not.

K.D. Lang sings Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_NpxTWbovE

Il Divo - Hallelujah (Alelujah)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzB8xC_CwH8

Pris wrote:
    Jenetta wrote:I totally agree with what you say below Carol...this particular piece first sung by Josh Groban is a message of transcendence beyond any particular religion.  However there is no use "casting pearls (words of wisdom) before swine." Another 26,000 years on Planet Earth might do the trick.

Carol wrote:
    Pris wrote:
    Carol wrote:

Beautiful song... but, I do not see anyone raising these kids up.

I see two courageous kids,
    ...............each standing confidently in their own power,
    .................................side by side.

The Holy Quran Experiment - Page 9 8844533_f520

I'll do it myself if I have to, but I'd rather have you stand by me.

These children are Chinese singing in English to a Chinese audience. The song "You Raise Me Up" is sung as a contemporary hymn in church services. Did you notice the faces of the children and audience during their performance and how everyone was moved "spiritually quickened" throughout their performance? Now can you imagine two American children singing in Chinese to an American audience a Chinese "church" type song? I wonder how they would have been received by an American audience. What was happening during that performance was more then two brave children standing side by side singing. They were basically raising the spiritual consciousness of their audience via their performance sung in English.. a song about god that transcends religion, while it also quickens the heart center. These children can also be viewed are spiritual messengers doing something quite remarkable and somewhat astonishing when examined from a variety of perspectives. God is not about religion as some profess. To experience the presence of god requires a spiritual quickening of the heart. While those children sung their hearts out they touched all the other hearts who were with them, where those present experienced something much bigger then what some religion offers. It didn't matter what anyones beliefs were or how they may have been entrained by their culture. What did matter is that they were all united as one within the healing experience of the music and with full hearts.

You are being disrespectful, Jenetta.  Regardless of which religion, it is still a religious song and that says it all.  I'm being respectful here, and making what I consider to be a very good point.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:25 pm

I do understand your perspective Blue. My point is what do you wish to focus on and how do you going about making changes. I was the director of a Child Abuse Prevention Council and Battered Women's program. My area of professional expertise was in abuse, violence and its treatment which had me in the thick of it for years followed by being a Public Health Educator. Do you see me posting any of that on the forum? Does anyone wonder why I refuse to post images of violence? Perhaps because it is because the public's awareness is so ramped up that they now view abuse and violence as the norm. Why is that? How many negative violent images are thrown in the face of the public - including children in social media each day? That type of social conditioning entrains and brain washes the innocent into thinking abuse and violence is normal. It's cool where in fact it's not cool, it's sick.

I recently viewed a video of one of the richest people on the planet where he explained what he was doing to help humanity and how he refused to allow people who vexed him in his life. He refused to put up with the negativity and put all of his energy to what he could do to help the human condition. I would rather see posts focusing on how to help people rather then how they are dragged down into the pit.

Flogging religion (whether I agree with you or not) serves no useful purpose other then to allow someone some place to vent. Getting out the soap box is exactly that... is the same as standing up and saying "look at me - what a good boy I am because I can identify the ills of society." Anyone can do that and it doesn't require any talent to do so. It just boils down to venting and flogging a dead horse.

Instead, why not ask yourself "How have I helped someone today?" "What have I done to put a smile on someone's face?"
    "What is my role and how do I fulfill it in expanding conscious awareness with regard to how we're all connected to something much bigger then ourselves. Did I inspire anyone today?" "Did I add to the beauty of the planet or in my interactions with others?" "Do I live from a place of self-less service?"

All too often I see people who get caught up in intellect, ego and so entrenched in their own personal point of view that in my opinion they might has well be living in a box where no other light is allowed to shine in. The spiritual seed within them remains stagnant and isn't allowed to grow. Why is that? Fear? Ego standing in front of fear?

Fear... have you ever stood in the acid rain of criticism and been stripped down through the flesh to the bone by a friend, loved one, spouse? Did you come out the other side a victim or did you come out as a survivor making a better life for yourself then where you were in the past? Have you faced terror, real terror where your life was on the line? Were you willing to put your life on the line to save someone else? Life is filled with all types of experiences. And even in the worst of circumstance goodness is a choice and the connection to god can be a life line.

For example, years back I had a friend who had been selected by a Satanic group to undergo horrific experiences which she shared with me. What happened to her was so horrific that I never repeated it to anyone because I did not want to pass those images onto another living being. It's a wonder she survived.. yet what she told me was this.. during the worst of times, while she was being abused, she sang this little song she learned in church that helped her get through it - it helped her survive and come out whole. This woman grew up to be quite a remarkable individual and gave countless hours in volunteer work for the abused. Her spirit was raised up because of her connection with god which she may never have had without her childhood experience in a christian church.

As I view the abuse of others, one can rant about the evils of individuals within various institutions that abuse the innocent, weak and vulnerable - or get off their duff and actually be proactive in helping others. Complaining about the problem rarely solves anything. In the end one has to choose which side they will give their energy too. The enemy by feeding it anger, fear, lust - or something else that actually helps others get on with their lives and become healthy productive people.

Last edited by Carol on Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:30 pm

Interesting isnt it , how those who steal the moral high ground by twisting the words of others like to consider themselves the high priestess of truth ?

Fascinating to watch how someone who worships a burning man consuming her son's ashes can accuse another of 'worshiping death' when he simply said he has overcome his own fear of it and volunteers to defend the innocent against Circumciser's.

Its a quick snip and then the Rabbi puts an innocent boy child's freshly cut penis in his own mouth ! Interesting how such a diabolical act can be condoned .

Religion. No morality required. Just rabid denial and projection of your own sins on to those who are trying to protect the innocent .

Where I was born its neither condoned or widely practiced. But in the 'land of the free' its a routine Hospital Practice done WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF THE PATIENT . They strap the baby to a board so it cant struggle then slice the poor little child's most sensitive exposed organ.
    Oh and please dont try to sell me the 'health benefits' . What a crock.

Charming . No actually its just plain disgusting.

But hey ,that's America for you . Where the constitution protects religion's from justice and the devil takes the hindmost.

My country right or wrong eh ? No country that professes to love freedom should be 'the worlds police force' . Or kill people in electric chairs.

In god we trust , everybody else pays us in cash , tribute and enslavement. Stars and prison bars.

Oh say can you see by the sun's fading light
    A bunch of self righteous puritans
    Looking for monopoly on right .
    We came saw and conquered under the false flag of freedom.
    In the land of the coward and the home of the weak .
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:37 pm

I guess I see The Mists of Avalon as being a safe-haven for discussing controversial-topics. I frankly don't care if people (or even other-than-people) get mad at me (especially online). I resent being ignored MUCH More than I resent being attacked. I've actually tried to create a Moot Holy-War within my U.S.S.S. threads. I have to do this somewhat artificially -- because very-few have directly interacted with me in a manner which remains on-topic and which is intelligently-responsive to specific-questions. I understand why this is the case -- but it still annoys me. I have to create my own Imaginary War-Room (if you know what I mean).

I'm really quite serious about the concept of a church which consists of nothing more (or less) than Sacred Classical Music in a Grand Space!! It might be cool to convert an Old-Church into a Sacred Classical Music Concert-Hall -- where people might buy Season-Tickets instead of Paying-Tithe!! No Preaching. No Altar-Calls. No Bloody or Un-Bloody Sacrifices. No Scolding. No Begging. No Confession. No Prostrate-Penitence. Just Sacred Classical Music. I've tried to imagine the former Crystal Cathedral as being such a Concert-Hall -- with All-Members Being Choir-Members!!

Somewhat unrelatedly -- someone needs to take a very-close look at all Old-Testament Commentaries written between 400 BC and 400 AD. I appreciate the New-Testament -- but something significant is missing. The Inter-Testament Period silence is puzzling. The short timespan of the New-Testament Period is puzzling. Why does the New-Testament NOT contain an Old-Testament Commentary from a New-Testament Perspective (or something like that)?? My current approach is to read Job through Malachi side-by-side with Romans through Jude in the KJV to attempt to avoid a lot of problematic historical-material -- and to focus upon the most-profound theological-material -- with these two-groups treated as One-Large-Group.

I'm NOT trying to turn the world upside-down. I'm simply attempting to understand what the hell is going on. I think I'm beginning to see the way things really work -- and I guess my intentions are to positively-reinforce that which presently-exists -- even if that seems like "selling-out". I'd love to be able to write reports on the most important topics imaginable -- which would be taken seriously (even if they were not acted upon). I realize that sounds grandiose and delusional -- but it sure beats being a "Patriot" and/or a "Martyr". I'm sort of a "Chicken". I'll "Poke and Prod" -- but I won't hesitate to "Run" and/or "Wave the White-Flag" rather than being "Dead-Meat on the Red-List".

I continue to think there is something significant to keeping the Medical-Military-Money Complex in a dynamic-equilibrium with the Prevention-Peace-Philanthropy Complex -- perhaps with the use of some sort of a Mediating Ethics-Center. I could say a hell of a lot more about this -- but I'd rather not. Some of you know what I'm talking about. I will continue to attempt to "Figure Things Out" without "Blurting Things Out". And please remember that I have made-good on my promise to keep my thoughts mostly within this particular website. If I ever get around to writing a book -- it will be VERY Watered-Down -- or perhaps I could get someone to pay me to NOT Write a Book!!

Rabbis Don't Get Paid Much -- But They Get to Keep the Tips!!
    The Holy Quran Experiment - Page 9 Circumcision

Last edited by orthodoxymoron on Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
    blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:39 pm

Until the darkness is exposed to the light it will go on predating on the innocent Carol.

Everyday I make a huge effort to do what I can to heal wounds. I am all to familiar with the dark side and its consequences. My wife works with the abused everyday and brings home her pain . She needs to talk it through with me to cope with it. So she can go back and help these people heal.

I play my part dont worry about that.

Religion is not going to stop predating on the innocent until they are exposed for the criminal organizations they are.

Political correctness says " cant we all just get along ?"

Justice says 'ENOUGH'. You don't fix the problem by ignoring it.
    blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:53 pm

It is made very Clear to my Wife in her work that ignoring abuse IS ENABLING IT .

Therefore she has a clear and legal duty to report it whenever she see's it .

As should we all.

Because when we turn a blind eye the innocent suffer. Predators are cowards who bully and betray those least able to defend themselves.

Religious affiliation is their favorite cover.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:04 pm

As you yourself identified Blue anyone can twist words and turn them into something other then what they were intended. This is the primary reason I rarely post personal response anymore.

blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:31 pm

Carol wrote:As you yourself identified Blue anyone can twist words and turn them into something other then what they were intended. This is the primary reason I rarely post personal response anymore.

I was not trying to have a dig at you Carol. What I was trying to say is how tragic it is to see all that's good and beautiful exploited . It hurts . It hurts a lot.

I don't have the time or the computer literacy ( I hate computers) to dig up stuff and attach it . I just say what I think .

We all got used/abused as kids didn't we ? We all know what its like to be bullied , ridiculed and marginalized by a system that exploits our vulnerability.
    I learned early to fight back and never give way to bullying from other students or Teachers.

I never picked a fight but I ended a few when pushed to far .

The predators normalize tyranny so people think its 'just the way it is' . You don't see that in the natural world. You will get brief disputes over territory and mating rights sure , but not the sinister extremes that humanity endures.

There is nothing acceptable about forcing women to cover themselves up and be turned in to domestic slaves for their Husbands pleasure and disposal. Nothing can persuade me Religion is anything other than Mind control and slavery .

I therefore refuse to allow proselytizers of any stripe to dictate to me or my family . If they persist with their mind rot ,they get both barrels. Metaphorically speaking of course.

There is a turning tide now where the victims are refusing to submit and standing their ground . I applaud their courage and I support them by letting them know there are people out there who share their outrage and understand /care about their pain.

Now that these victims have a voice they are at last getting the respect they deserve instead of being cowed by church fathers . Silence is a slow death . Speaking truth and living it brings lasting peace. Not some guy tortured on a cross and 'dying for your sins'.

Like its Our fault he got nailed up ! yeah right .
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

The Holy Quran Experiment - Page 9 Empty The Holy Quran Experiment

Post  Jenetta Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:14 pm

blue roller wrote:
    Carol wrote:As you yourself identified Blue anyone can twist words and turn them into something other then what they were intended. This is the primary reason I rarely post personal response anymore.

I was not trying to have a dig at you Carol. What I was trying to say is how tragic it is to see all that's good and beautiful exploited . It hurts . It hurts a lot.

I don't have the time or the computer literacy ( I hate computers) to dig up stuff and attach it . I just say what I think .

We all got used/abused as kids didn't we ? We all know what its like to be bullied , ridiculed and marginalized by a system that exploits our vulnerability.
    I learned early to fight back and never give way to bullying from other students or Teachers.

The predators normalize tyranny so people think its 'just the way it is' . You don't see that in the natural world. You will get brief disputes over territory and mating rights sure , but not the sinister extremes that humanity endures.

There is nothing acceptable about forcing women to cover themselves up and be turned in to domestic slaves for their Husbands pleasure and disposal. Nothing can persuade me Religion is anything other than Mind control and slavery .

I therefore refuse to allow proselytizers of any stripe to dictate to me or my family . If they persist with their mind rot ,they get both barrels. Metaphorically speaking of course.

There is a turning tide now where the victims are refusing to submit and standing their ground . I applaud their courage and I support them by letting them know there are people out there who share their outrage and understand /care about their pain.

Now that these victims have a voice they are at last getting the respect they deserve instead of being cowed by church fathers . Silence is a slow death . Speaking truth and living it brings lasting peace. Not some guy tortured on a cross and 'dying for your sins'.

Blue Roller you've made your point across the whole span of this thread...don't you ever get bored with spouting your victimization and bored with spouting your version of the truth. Truth comes in various sizes, shapes and colours and as Carol has pointed out you seem to enjoy "feeding your energy to the forces of darkness." BTW when are you going to get rid of the brown paper bag hat?
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:04 pm

Jenetta Hugs

blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:26 am

Jenetta wrote:
    blue roller wrote:

Blue Roller you've made your point across the whole span of this thread...don't you ever get bored with spouting your victimization and bored with spouting your version of the truth.  Truth comes in various sizes, shapes and colours and as Carol has pointed out you seem to enjoy "feeding your energy to the forces of darkness."  BTW when are you going to get rid of the brown paper bag hat?

So its not okay to express myself freely ? Its Pris's thread. If she has a problem with my input then let her decide . You accused her of being swine for pointing out the abuse of innocent children by Nazi's.

That's my definition of rude. And hey , if nailing religion to the cross gets me banned its another nail in the coffin of yet another 'free speech' Forum.

SO your a Lioness Eh ? well that's being up front isnt it ?
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

The Holy Quran Experiment - Page 9 Empty The Holy Quran Experiment

Post  Jenetta Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:59 pm

Out to create discord eh Blue? My post to do with "not casting pearls before swine" was posted at 2:43 a.m. well before Pris's post at 4:18 a.m. on the Nazi children. Also my post and words referred to Carol's post to you. Not quite the link-up you wished for eh? Tell me...are you Dracula in disguise?

blue roller wrote:
    Jenetta wrote:
    blue roller wrote:

Blue Roller you've made your point across the whole span of this thread...don't you ever get bored with spouting your victimization and bored with spouting your version of the truth.  Truth comes in various sizes, shapes and colours and as Carol has pointed out you seem to enjoy "feeding your energy to the forces of darkness."  BTW when are you going to get rid of the brown paper bag hat?

So its not okay to express myself freely ? Its Pris's thread. If she has a problem with my input then let her decide . You accused her of being swine for pointing out the abuse of innocent children by Nazi's.

That's my definition of rude. And hey , if nailing religion to the cross gets me banned its another nail in the coffin of yet another 'free speech' Forum.

SO your a Lioness Eh ? well that's being up front isnt it ?
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:47 am

Pris wrote:You are being disrespectful, Jenetta. Regardless of which religion, it is still a religious song and that says it all. I'm being respectful here, and making what I consider to be a very good point.

Do I see the irony here? Oh yes I do ......... very, very clearly.

Some people seem to think they can dish belligerence out with impunity, using the right to 'free speech' to justify their 'disrespectful' attitude towards those who dare to question or disagree with them (even while trying to deny that same right to those others). But can they handle a little of the same in return when it finally comes? Nooooo. Then they'll play the 'misunderstood victim' card.

It's a shame really as debate is a good and healthy way to introduce different perspectives from various members when some may have become a bit tunnel-visioned about an issue, or be good reading for others may not have fully made up their minds or who may not know all the ins and outs who thus gain from having all the different views laid out for them. When both minds and emotions are challenged and the debate becomes a bit 'spirited' walls can be broken down and a broader view on an issue can open up. Viewing stats prove that many do enjoy 'duels' like this, whether they choose to participate or not. You just never know what you might learn ....... about the issues, OR the posters. Wink

I'm reminded of that old saying ................... It's not what you say but how you say it that matters. And many will just stop listening altogether when the nastiness starts flying so you end up losing whatever audience you may have initially had anyway, regardless of how important what you may have to say really is. And that is a shame.
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:54 am

Last edited by Pris on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    SophiasChoice
    SophiasChoice

Post  SophiasChoice Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:59 am

AND

With Love
    Eelco