tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+12
burgundia
ClearWater
THEeXchanger
Vidya Moksha
NANUXII
Swanny
greybeard
Eartheart
Pris
Carol
B.B.Baghor
bobhardee
16 posters

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2

mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2

Post  mudra Sat May 23, 2015 10:57 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 4 11111626_10153290360713908_3499619904877855645_n

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2

Post  mudra Sun May 24, 2015 12:04 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 4 Sans_t10

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun May 31, 2015 10:17 am

Meditation Scientifically Explained 1 of 3 - Walter Russell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhWAy8NG2bI

Love Always
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5dU6serXkg
    Tibetan Healing Sounds #1 -11 hours - Tibetan bowls for meditation, relaxation, calming, healing

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:15 pm

Debra Wilkinson ‘Awake And Ready

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0gT60FwmZk

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:43 am

Rory O'Connor : I can't do this anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne0METPmDj4

Rory O’Connor ‘I Can’t Do This Anymore’ Interview by Iain McNay

Rory was the youngest of 8 children and raised in the Catholic tradition.
    ‘ I remember looking at my parent’s life and thinking that it seemed like a kind of hell, a trap that they 'believed' they could not get out of. From where I stood, frustration seemed to dog their lives.’
    He became a drummer in a heavy metal band but became very depressed and stopped playing music. But he kept searching, reading, started TM, and openings started to appear.
    ‘At some point in my late thirties I had a real moment of clarity, a paradigm shift. I realised that what I understood of quantum science and the eastern traditions was essentially describing the same thing ie. the concept of everything appearing out of nothing through the observer. From then on 'reality' seemed a lot less 'solid'.
    ‘Concurrent events in my personal life had also conspired to create an actual 'breakdown' moment where the pain of trying to keep everything 'together' caused me to smash the kitchen table to pieces with my bare hands only to find myself sitting in the rubble saying repeatedly "I can't do this anymore". It may not sound like it but this 'moment of surrender' was the best thing that ever happened to me.’
    ‘When you know that you know nothing then you are free to consider anything and believe nothing. It doesn't matter how you describe it or label it life simply is what it is and the description/label is meaningless.’

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:18 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 4 10382637_10153228569142518_6522645517513051326_n

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:58 am

A NEW HOPE

Don't live in hope. Live in presence.

Hope is future. Presence is alive, now.

And in presence, a new hope may rise,
    born of curiosity, courage, and truth,
    and the breaking of the dawn.

- Jeff Foster

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:39 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 4 11240484_1141777899185095_3239964142441808749_n

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:43 am

Returning to the source is stillness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a1tqU_kIio

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:29 am

"The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy." - Kalu Kalu

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:10 am

A NEW HOPE

Don't live in hope. Live in presence.

Hope is future. Presence is alive, now.

And in presence, a new hope may rise,
    born of curiosity, courage, and truth,
    and the breaking of the dawn.

- Jeff Foster

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:51 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 4 11062051_941499139251214_3428704165364374745_n

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:54 pm

Alan Watts "Here&Now"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-QTsBaGTJE

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:11 pm

Alan Watts: On Being God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqnBTJa07po

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:33 am

Heath Thompson : returning to the Source of Stillness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a1tqU_kIio

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:55 pm

Finding realization in the body

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rl04yupmVU

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:18 am

How to use Paralell Realities - Shift into a Paralell Universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NYEthP0rh4

Love Always
    mudra
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:23 pm

mudra wrote:Finding realization in the body

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rl04yupmVU

Love Always
    mudra

Thank you so much, mudra, for this tubby. It's such a treat to find this point of view on the role of the body.
    I consider myself very fortunate to have studied many years in the School for Intuitive Development, including the
    awareness of the body and the "language" it speaks. The more my being reaches for distant stars, the more my body
    needs to be grounded here, that is as long as my destiny is joined with planet Earth's destiny, which we both agree,
    wholeheartedly. I used to see the destiny of my life in front of God's throne, dancing in white robes, as an obligation
    to manifest as quick as possible... as a minister's daughter, never finding God inside the church. How far I've come
    removed from that as a duty, just free and happy dancing on African rythms often, in my living room on planet Earth
    Cheerful

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 4 Colorp10
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:19 pm

Thomas Berry:
    The Great Story

This is one of a number of interviews that accompany the indispensable film of the same name. It has been reproduced here by permission of Bullfrog Films, distributors of the DVD of the film and its accompanying interviews.

"Thomas Berry puts forth the grandest story ever told...Beyond all my experiences with universities, literature & wisdom traditions, Thomas Berry's work has opened the door for me to the most thrilling, over-arching, inclusivist, all-embracing & empowering perspective I have ever encountered. Thomas may well be the most important guide we have, for the future of humanity in concert with the community of life on Earth."

The Great Story

In his major works The Dream of the Earth, The Universe Story, and The Great Work, cultural historian Thomas Berry (d.2009) describes how Western religion and culture have created an estranged, unsustainable relationship between humans and the Earth. This dysfunctional relationship is reflected by our economic model of limitless growth and in the technological “wonderworld” created and sustained by our electronic media and corporate advertising.

To heal this condition, which he described as a "distortion of the Sacred", Berry described  a new cosmology and mythic consciousness (Great Story), capable of reuniting humans with the creative energy of the Universe. He sought to re-unify science and religion through an "Earth Spirituality" that affirms the spiritual potential of matter, fundamentally changing how we experience the material and living worlds.

Berry considered the Earth itself to be endowed with innate spirituality, since it is the maternal and nurturing principle that is the actual source of our existence and spirituality. and not merely an object of spiritual regard. Speaking with the authority of an accomplished Christian monk, theologian and mystic, he traced how Christianity came to be redemption-based, rather than a creation spirituality; how Western science and religion came to lead separate existences; and how the social impacts of religion and ethics thereby became marginalized. He observed:

The central pathology that has led to the termination of the Cenozoic Era is the radical discontinuity between the human and the nonhuman.

Yet our science has recently provided a comprehensive "new revelation" through its discoveries of the precise origins of the Universe, and the evolutionary biology of human nature. Therein we can discover a common ground for science and religion, a new spirituality "grounded deeply in the numinous dimension of an emergent Universe."

The myth that drives the goal of human domination of the Earth is a secular, technological version of the old millennial dream of Christianity, where nature is bent to every human whim. As it rapidly turns our home planet into a wasteland, it threatens even our own survival. Now we need the Logos or reason of science to be balanced with a healing Mythos, a Story embodying poetic and spiritual appreciation of the Earth.

Berry’s life work eloquently communicates the immanence of the Sacred in the world. He considered that our species is at a crucial evolutionary moment of transition. We need a new spiritual vision to carry us forward from the end of the Cenozoic geological era, for our future to be possible.

Watch Thomas Perry interviewArrowhttp://www.ecobuddhism.org/solutions/wde/bsui

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:36 pm

B.B.Baghor wrote:
    Thank you so much, mudra, for this tubby. It's such a treat to find this point of view on the role of the body.
    I consider myself very fortunate to have studied  many years in the School for Intuitive Development, including the
    awareness of the body and the "language" it speaks. The more my being reaches for distant stars, the more my body
    needs to be grounded here, that is as long as my destiny is joined with planet Earth's destiny, which we both agree,
    wholeheartedly. I used to see the destiny of my life in front of God's throne, dancing in white robes, as an obligation
    to manifest as quick as possible... as a minister's daughter, never finding God inside the church. How far I've come
    removed from that as a duty, just free and happy dancing on African rythms often, in my living room on planet Earth
    Cheerful

Thanks for your appreciation BB and the joy you share Flowers
    Seems you have come to that place where bringing Life into Form and
    allowing Form into Life is the very joy of existence.

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:25 pm

The Healing Power of Listening in Stillness

People have always experienced pain, and in the vast span of time before the colonial expansion of western culture, indigenous cultures weren’t without their methods of dealing with trauma.

For centuries we’ve largely ignored the wisdom of those among us who are still directly connected to ancestral ways of knowledge. As our modern lifestyle collides with the fact that our Earth is not capable of supporting our current way of life, we are finally starting to look to those who once lived in a state of indefinite sustainability and abundance, for a way forward.

“In order to have sustainable community you have to make sure the people are sustainable. This means healing trauma.”
    – Jarmbi Githabul, Ngarakwal / Githabul Custodian

What is Dadirri?

“Dadirri is inner, deep listening and quiet, still awareness. Dadirri recognises the deep spring that is inside us. We call on it and it calls to us. This is the gift that Australia is thirsting for. It is something like what you call ‘contemplation’.”
    – Miriam-Rose Ungunmerr-Baumann, Ngangiwumirr Elder

When Miriam-Rose Ungunmerr-Baumann speaks of dadirri, she speaks of a form of deep, contemplative listening that is nothing less than a personal spiritual practice. This type of listening in stillness is widely known all across the Australian continent, in many language groups under many names. “When I experience dadirri, I am made whole again.” Miriam describes. “I can sit on the riverbank or walk through the trees; even if someone close to me has passed away, I can find my peace in this silent awareness. There is no need of words. A big part of dadirri is listening.”

According to Ungunmerr-Baumann the act of learning, from a very young age, is all about waiting and listening; not asking questions. In a culture where everyone is so well practiced at listening that it becomes a spiritual art, it makes sense that when trauma occurred the people would come together and deeply listen to each other. For this reason dadirri also refers to a form of group trauma healing that brings the deep presence found in the solo practice of dadirri to a group setting, as discussed in Prof. Judy Atkinson’s book Trauma Trails, Recreating Songlines. The essence of dadirri, in this wider context, is the creation of a space of deep contemplative, heart based listening where stories of trauma and pain can be shared and witnessed with loving acceptance.

In my own experiences with original Australians who are deeply connected to country, I have felt that they are so grounded it’s almost as if the land itself and the ancestors of the land, are listening to you through them.

“Healing country heals ourselves, and healing ourselves heals country.”
    – Prof. Judy Atkinson – Jiman / Bunjalung woman, author of Trauma Trails, Recreating Songlines

read on: http://upliftconnect.com/indigenous-approach-to-healing-trauma/

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:28 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 4 11800426_821999754574986_1695741820673230885_n

For one moment, is it possible to really notice where we actually are…the sights, sounds, smells…the sensations in the body…the breathing…the shapes and colors around us? Is it possible to behold all of this without labeling it, judging it, or trying to get something out of it? Thoughts (including labels and judgments) will pop up, but they don’t need to be followed or believed, nor do we need to go to war with them and try to suppress them. They too are a movement of this undivided life energy. But instead of getting caught up in the plotline of these mental movies and virtual realities, see if it is possible whenever thinking is noticed to simply return to nonconceptual pure sensation—hearing, seeing, breathing, sensing, perceiving, awaring—just this, as it is. The sound of traffic, the cheep of a bird, the clouds in the sky, the sunlight on a piece of trash in the gutter. How is it to simply be, to be just this moment, exactly as it is?

~ Joan Tollifson
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:25 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 4 11831701_10153643130783267_6096147850225690743_n

..."They say that everything happens to us for a reason, so on our next ride on the up-wave of life, one should look back and see how all these pieces fit together. Just as they always do on this ever unfolding journey of life, the path to the higher levels will unfold when our heart is open and ready, for clinging yet still to the past only keeps our eye focused on the rear-view mirror. Whereas the fearless warrior we all possess within, just needs to go with the flow without judgment, for the future will unfold and bring us magic to fill the emptiness and void that is within our heart and spirit. And like in the symbol of ouroboros, the dragon snake eats its own tail, as it comes full circle and becomes complete, just as our consciousness evolves in cycles of life after life in a endless series. They say sometimes we have to go out of our minds to return to our senses, in order to remember what we have long but since forgotten, that we are always on the path that leads to our expansion or decay, and we are always getting the lessons we need, now it is up to us if we learn from the conflicts and transcend our spirit to the next level!"

Alistair Valdez

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:27 pm

Kensho

narrated by Alan Watts

Eastern mysticism has long held the perspective that our physical reality is really the maya of illusion. First century buddhist philospoher-poet Aśvaghoṣa put it that ‘all phenomena in the world are nothing but the illusory manifestation of the mind and have no reality of their own, while 13th century sufi mystic Rumi suggested that ‘this place is a dream. Only a sleeper considers it real.’ In the 1960s a wave of eastern mysticism crashed on the shore of western culture thanks to public figures like Alan Watts . Perhaps out of everyone, his is the most captivatingly poetic rendering of the subject. For the full experience, take a look at this beautiful new short film from Aaron Paradox.

Arrow https://vimeo.com/133547455

Love Always
    mudra

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 4:16 pm