tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

Learning Herbs

mudra
    mudra

Learning Herbs Empty Learning Herbs

Post  mudra Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:24 pm

A weath of data made simple on this site run by very nice people :)

Learning Herbs

Some want to learn about herbs to improve their health. Others because they love plants. To most, herbalism just feels like something we should all know…something as basic to humans as gardening or cooking food. Between people and their desire to learn about herbs often stands overwhelm and confusion about how to learn. Many folks feel like there is no place in modern times to build a foundation in which they can learn. That this is all a long lost art or something you can only learn in another culture. Every breath we take is an exchange between ourselves and the herbs. This simplicity is what LearningHerbs has shared since we began in 2005. Every free course, lesson, book and product have come from our core belief that learning about herbs is as easy as following a recipe. Our hope is that you feel empowered to learn about the plants that grow around you. One day the healing qualities of the wild herbs will once again be common knowledge. As herbalist Susun Weed often says, “Herbal medicine is people’s medicine.” We would be thankful if you joined us as we redefine medicine as that which nourishes and enhances our lives. Herbs can seem complicated to learn, but really it’s as easy as inviting them into your life through simple recipes and experiences.

That’s what we do.

LearningHerbs is herbs made simple.

Read More at http://learningherbs.com/

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Learning Herbs Empty Re: Learning Herbs

Post  mudra Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:14 pm

Herbal Travel First Aid Kit

What goes in your travel first aid kit? What goes in your own herbal first aid kit is really dependent on what you specifically need. Do you get digestive problems when you travel? Have problems with sleep? Have pain? Get anxious? Have cold sores? Are you headed to a sunny location and want to bring along sunburn relief? Or will there be lots of stinging insects? It’s a good idea to think of what you most commonly reach for and then fill your kit with those solutions. Another consideration is weight and space.

If you are traveling by car then you may be able to bring along more herbs as opposed to traveling by plane or traveling light with a small backpack. It’s also fun to explore what other places have as herbal remedies. You may find interesting herbs and herbal blends along the way. However, if you have an acute problem like insomnia or digestive upset you don’t really want to be searching for remedies at that moment.

A peek inside my herbal first aid kit

The following are the things you’ll find in my own travel first aid kit. I hope this gives you ideas for creating your own.

Salves for boo boos.

I typically carry two different salves for minor scrapes and bruises. This salve is great for those minor scrapes. It helps to heal the skin right up. Comfrey/St. John's Wort Compound This salve is better suited for bruises and sprains. Arnica opens up the capillaries, which helps to promote circulation, one of the most important steps in healing a bruise or minor sprains.

Having trouble sleeping is a common problem when traveling.

If you travel long distances (to France for example) then jet lag can be a concern. But even if you aren’t too far from home the excitement of the journey or even just sleeping in a strange place can prevent sleep. Sleep Care This is a great formula for promoting sleep. All of these herbs are relaxing nervines with potential sedative qualities. A couple squirts of this and I am out for the night. I should note that valerian can actually cause the opposite effect in some people and make them feel more wired, thus preventing sleep. So, it’s a good idea to know whether or not you are a “valerian person” before relying on it in your herbal first aid kit. This blend could also be helpful for relieving stress and anxiety. It can cause a lot of drowsiness so use caution when using it during the day, especially if you are driving or operating machinery and need to be alert.

Tummy troubles Digestive problems are also a very common problem when traveling.

The stress of travel, eating strange food or simply eating contaminated foods can create all levels of digestive upset. Using a bitters formula like this one from Urban Moonshine before meals can help you avoid a stomach upset. It can be taken in larger doses as needed to address tummy upsets. It works great against general nausea, indigestion, bloating, gas and mild constipation. Bitters When I go to Mexico where parasites are more of a concern I also bring along activated charcoal capsules.

Read More at http://learningherbs.com/remedies-recipes/herbal-travel-first-aid-kit/

Love Always
    mudra

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:07 pm