tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+15
blue roller
Pris
magamud
Aquaries1111
Chimpsky
orthodoxymoron
Jenetta
lawlessline
Floyd
mudra
Sanicle
Crazee
burgundia
Carol
devakas
19 posters

Calling All Carnivores

Poll

Are you vegetarian?

[ 11 ]
    eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 8 Bar_left55%eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 8 Bar_right [55%] 
    [ 9 ]
    eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 8 Bar_left45%eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 8 Bar_right [45%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Pris
    Pris

eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 8 Empty Re: Calling All Carnivores

Post  Pris Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:57 pm

And, good for you, mudra! cheers

Yes... describing them as 'blood thirsty butchers' hardly scratches the surface, but it's a start.

blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:54 pm

I do get the Vegan thing up to a point , and only up to a point . When does vegetable matter become flesh though and what if any is the difference between live leaf and live flesh ? All plants are conscious and the evidence for that piles up really quickly if you care to search.

I don't like factory farming of animals, plants or people , but most humans are factory animals . They live in Boxes instead of nature .They live in front of computers instead of amongst life.

Vegans don't cope well with wild nature on the whole. They are domesticated idealists who claim the moral high ground by calling flesh eaters 'murderers' ! Quick to judge but slow to get real. No native tribes people of any culture can survive without some kind of flesh/meat source.
    Evolution baby. Its still here and you would not be here without it.

So do we kill all the carnivores to make it right ? The cats, the dogs,the chickens ( yes they love flesh when they can catch it ), the mice and rats that eat cockroaches/bugs, and on it goes ?

Mother Nature is a pragmatist not an idealist . Carnivores and Carrion eaters pick up and dispose of the old and dying before their rotting flesh causes outbreaks of disease . Left unconsumed , those carcasses can cause a huge imbalance in the circle of life.

If your an old Springbok with arthritis, chances are you will happily make your self prey for a Hungry lioness and her children to be free of the pain and futility of old age and a worn out body. Your gonna go sometime anyway so may as well get it over with .

Fact is , unlike most of Humanity , animals know death is not the end and meet it with dignity when the time comes. Humans , ignorant and fearful of life itself, rationalize it with fundamentalist beliefs that have no bearing in fact or experience.

Dogs can see the dead , so can Cats . Its common for Soldiers using infra red night vision to see 'Ghosts' too . Open your eye's and the truth is harder to ignore.

Are Enzymes Live ? yes. And fresh vegetables are full of them. In the natural world, carnivores only take what they need and no more . Omnivores likewise . Monkeys do hunt for and eat meat when they can get it.

There is always a bigger fish but its the smallest creatures that consume the biggest when they too die. In OZ the ants can consume a full grown wombat carcass in a week ! Just pick it clean . Those disgusting little creatures ! Yet without them the soil would not remain fertile for fruit and nut tree's . So when the only creatures left on the planet are vegans its going to be a very boring, up tight place.
    No Birds , no mammals , no felines, no Venus fly traps ! Lots of ruminants that are not kept in check by predators and thus consume to much plant life ,followed by catastrophic feed shortage and mass death . End result . Dead planet.

Behind every obsessive belief is a dirty little secret . People who are OCD clean freaks are usually victims of some kind of sexual abuse . As are so many church goer's . Nature is not Un natural. Human beliefs are.

Not trying to justify murder or immorality . Just saying the circle of life has to be diverse . We are not our bodies. Our bodies have a finite life span. Deal with it.

Humans indulge weakness .Turn a blind eye to inbreeding . Hide from life instead of embrace it . Compensation is no substitute for elevation.

Anyway, must get back to living . The rain will end soon enough.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:55 pm

Well weighing in from multiple perspectives I'd like to share a few observations.

One can see that animals have emotions. Especially when it's time to separate the calfs from their mothers and all of the crying they do when they can't get to their mother. This appears to hold true for most warm blooded animals and we cam easily see an emotional connection and response between mothers and their babies. Even animals who have adopted another species as their baby. So eating a sentient being isn't always easy to do if one is open to this reality.

Our neighbor is an excellent example of what bothers me about those who raise animals to eat. She is given a pig whom she puts in a pen and feeds daily. She takes it scraps and chats to it while it's eating. When fatten up she then shoots and slaughters it. She also did that with her cow, pulling the trigger to put the animal down. I find that cold blooded. I don't make friends with an animal only to kill it off to put on the dinner plate.

Fish... no problem. But chickens, ducks, rabbits, pigs, rabbits.. they're all pets. I chat with them and we become friends. I find comfort along with companionship. And we have many touching animal stories from our various interactions over the years which have enriched our life experiences. So killing generally isn't something we would even consider until a mountain lion started slaughtering our sheep when our daughter was a baby. I was there standing on the deck with the rifle ready to take it down if the opportunity presented itself - because of the danger it posed to our daughter along with our sheep and emu. So circumstances do play a factor in one's attitude - especially when it comes to survival.

For the most part, eating meat doesn't appeal to me until my body lets me know it needs meat. (Blood type Os need meat) ... so every once in awhile it's on the menu. We also eat chicken but never any from our flock. I couldn't kill them for food either. Yet we keep chickens for their eggs, which is one of the better proteins available to ingest. For the most part, we prefer the by-product animals create (milk and eggs).

Segue onto a different train of thought..

There was a story a Buddhist once told me about the Buddha who was starving. A rabbit came to him to offer itself as sustenance. For the most part Buddhists are vegetarians. However, in this story of Buddha it was explained how the consciousness of the rabbit was raised up by its sacrifice.

We followed the path of Sant Mat (the path of the Saints) for 7 years as vegetarians. It wasn't that difficult and meals were guilt free. Meaning when I eat meat (beef or chicken) now, I feel remorse. The truth of the matter is that for some people our bodies do need minerals that some type of animals provide. This is a scientific fact.

Yet if one pause and thinks about it some of the largest animals on the planet are vegetarians (elephants, horses, giraffes, etc.) and their biological make-up is designed for that, whereas other animals need meat to survive just as their physical biological process is designed for digesting that substance.

For the most part humans can choose what to eat. And sometimes not given the circumstances they find themselves in.

However, I do recall one comment from aliens who were somewhat disgusted as they observed that humans will eat anything. I laughed as this observation thinking this is only too true.

I've also known yogis whose sense of smell was so refined they could tell instantly what someone had digested and tended to stay clear of meat eaters. They too were vegetarians and chose that way of living as their lifestyle. Individuals who choose to raise their vibrational frequency tend not to ingest meat. Yet one yogi told me to ground himself he ingested milk shakes.

Ironically our daughter has refused to eat beef her entire life, yet will eat chicken and fish. She probably could live on Earl Grey Tea and bread easily enough.

Recently, we again made the decision to not eat beef. Meaning the desire not to eat meat for some reason is stronger. We prefer to be vegetarian. So we are back where we were 20 years ago as the circle/cycle leads us ever onwards.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:02 am

Justifying eating meat by comparing humans to carnivores? We are not and our teeth ( and not only) are the "witnesses". So why not being a herbivore which we were meant to be? Side with an elephant not with the lion.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:56 am

I like that burgundia. Thubs Up

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:25 pm

Mother nature has her way to keep things in balance Blue Roller but most of humanity is doing everything but to live according nature's laws.

The cruelty that is taking place in farm factories and slaugther houses has no decent name for it nor is it justified. The food that comes from it isn't even consumed in it's totality but ends in waste bins daily. Much more is taken than what is needed. I am unable to call this evolution.

As far as I am concerned it is not about wether we should eat meat or not that is the question but to realize where the meat one finds in our modern society comes from and how it got there. And then choose wether we want to contribute to this or choose otherwise.

A conscious choice this would be a sign of evolution to me.

Love from me

mudra

blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:39 pm

burgundia wrote:Justifying eating meat by comparing humans to carnivores? We are not and our teeth ( and not only) are the "witnesses". So why not being a herbivore which we were meant to be? Side with an elephant not with the lion.

Humans are omnivores . That is the oldest lamest excuse that Vegetarians and Vegans always drag out . Your a primate Burgundia , deal with it .

Monkeys/chimpanzees LOVE flesh when they can hunt it down. And they do , Google it.

Many Humans have sharp pointed upper incisors . Human teeth are adapted as are their digestive systems ,to an omnivorous diet.

You would not enjoy the Brain mass equivalent to a Dolphin if your ancestors , like Dolphins ,did not eat meat. Amazing.

And if you really think Ruminants such as Elephants dont ingest meat as they forage then you really are in denial. Elephants eat tree's and in every tree canopy there will be masses of small insects. It all goes in the Pot .

Fruitarians look down on Vegans, vegans look down on vegetarians and They look down on meat eaters. Such a ludicrous class structure.

Fruit Trees feed on decaying plant and flesh matter ! Worms feed on buried flesh . Best start you can give a tree sapling ? Plant it on top of road kill. Yes I have done that .

Chickens eat grass and meat . Free range ones anyway. Humans ! So quick to Judge , so slow to build an honest relationship with nature.

I dont have a problem with anyone choosing not to eat meat but all diets are relative. Spinach is a great source of protein Yes , BUT its very high in Oxalic acid too , so you dont want to eat it to often or it will damage your vital organs !

Same with Meat . To much meat and to little fresh greens ,asking for trouble. To much fruit sugar and not enough fibre ,same potential problems.
    Buddha ? ,well its all apocryphal in the end . He always seems to look well fed though.
    Personally my experience tells me I need all the food groups in proportion to maintain energy ,bone density and general good health.
    I know of a few Vegans around here with premature osteoporosis . You can see their backs hunching over as their spinal column caves in.
    Also ,they look malnourished and pale . The problem is unless you grow your own fresh, the food is dead . Store bought is to late to provide the live enzymes your body needs.

Eat grains ? Good. Because they are full of dead weevils . Great source of Vitamin B.
    blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:02 pm

mudra wrote:Mother nature has her way to keep things in balance Blue Roller but most of humanity is doing everything but to live according nature's laws.

The cruelty that is taking place in farm factories and slaugther houses has no decent name for it nor is it justified. The food that comes from it isn't even consumed in it's totality but ends in waste bins daily. Much more is taken than  what is needed. I am unable to call this evolution.

As far as I am concerned it is not about wether we should eat meat or not that is the question but to realize where the meat one finds in our modern society comes from and how it got there. And then choose wether we want to contribute to this or choose otherwise.

Love from me

mudra

I only buy organic free range as far as possible when it comes to meat . I did a stint on a factory pig farm when i was young. It made me sick to my stomach . That farm is now gone due to public outcry thankfully.

Its a great tragedy yes and I agree its not evolution at all , its the reverse . My daughter loves animals and does not know how to be cruel to them but she loves meat to much . I struggle to get her to eat more vegetables and it annoys me .

Before the Spanish came the native south Americans got most of their protein from beans but the conquistadors soon realized that in order to get them to work as slaves for long hours they had to get them to eat more meat .

Factory farming meat keeps the machines wheels moving . I dont like it at all .

Sedentary farm based societies all have this problem . Very little food is fresh , meat or veg or fruit. I grow as much of our own as we can but not as much as I would like.
    I like my food raw and as unprocessed as possible . Juicing leaves from our garden helps me a lot I find . dandelion leaf with carrots and apple ,stuff like that .

Food is life , but to much of what most people eat is dead . Junk food from factories laden with poison .

I remember when my wife was pregnant . Normally she eats very little meat but one day she got a serious craving and ate a huge T bone so quick it was gone in 30 seconds .
    I dont eat nearly as much as i used to and I feel better for it . But i think you have to avoid being dogmatic . Quality food means a lot of effort.
    I had a massive year of oranges this last year . Fantastic fruit for tissue repair . Improved my eyesight by five diopters in one year . I was juicing and drinking ten oranges a day. The tree was heavily fertilized with sea weed. Trace Minerals are so important .

Garlic is another great one for that . I eat loads of it . Mediterranean diet works best for me.
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:39 pm

My body vehicle seems to flourish without meat or animal products.  

Anyway, I just love all animals, all life.  There is a profound connection I have with everything around me -- particularly when it looks back at me.

I have deep gratitude for everything I eat and thankful for the choices I am able to make.

There is no need for me to justify what I'm doing because there is nothing to justify.

I'm a vegan.  I do what I do because it feels right to me.  

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:50 pm

HI, I Salute all vegetarians!

It seems there are 500 million vegetarians in India
    In USA last year number jumped from 5 million to 16 million.  There are special people who move civilization to more non violent diet. Nice!

There is lost knowledge that people are lost in what they should eat and what not to eat.

For example wild pig is a forest cleaner by nature.  It cleans forest from all waste.  It is its nature.  You can offer nice plate of food and if nearby is some waste it will choose it without doubt.  Pigs are of this nature and many cultures knew it and never eat pigs.  It seems ancient civilizations respected nature and were more intelligent with nature itself.

Another example eggs are chicken menstruation. It comes from another side, bottom, weekly.  Those who respect what they eat should not eat eggs and not cultivate this industry.

Ancients knew that animals have soul and by eating animals humans have bad karma.  There are subtle energies that we can not see, but those energies exist.  People eat with flesh animal consciousness, mind.  Meat eaters are disturbed mentally, angry, in constant anxiety.

There are those who eat human flesh too.  There are countries where people eat dogs.  There are restaurants in asia where human fetuses are prepared.  Ancients called some human as two leg animals.  Violence is in their heart.  By eating animals meat eaters receive their pain, suffering, negative energy.  Meat eaters feed on this negative energy.  They need this energy and they are not aware of this.  Less intelligent people can not control their bad habits, instincts.

Slaughterhouses should be closed forever, all living beings should be respected.  It is hard to become human.   However intelligence should be used to think properly.

The point is to grow in consciousness,  to get rid of bad habits,  habits maybe brought from previous lives.

To grow in consciousness is to realize that animals have consciousness too.  To stop be violent and lie to children.  Those who realized this violence towards another living being, they would not lie to children that it is ok to eat another living being, make soup from dead.

We need children to grow up who would not know any violence to any living being, including animals.  
    Schools should be without serving dead,  armies should provide vegetarian menu and good this is happening little by little everywhere. Thanks to special ones who started this all movement and introduced vegetarianism. It did not exist in West. (dark)

However those who in deep illusion and cant deal with their habits, they should try to start eating smaller animals, fish and gradually get rid of those bad habits.

Dark ages came and left.  Bad habits are still there.  During dark ages people lived with animals and eat animals.  This life style was cause to invent vaccines to help a little , however vaccines contains pig, dog, cat, fish, bird, rat and other animal diseases. So we should stop living with animals and stop the force of population of animals any kind.

Humans should not live with animals and should not eat animals.  Now we can see that many woman replaced man with cat or dog, man did the same.  They sleep, eat and use the same bath with animals.   No wonder that cleanness is not respected anymore.  Debates about vaccines are useless till people will be taught how to live, what to do and what not to do.  

Milk is given by the best animal cow, who's consciousness if pure goodness, who's consciousness is pure in giving. Cow can sense if human is angry, drank, smoked. They can not stand dogs. Being with cows mentally sick people can be healed. There are many many more info describing cows consciousness. Cow milk heals humans and nourishes three subtle human systems - immune, neuro and hormones.  Milk is pure goodness. Humans need cows milk as it has property to give strength,  staying power. Also cows milk nourishes mind ability, feeds intelligence. Scientists agreed what cows urine is medicine (cancer, diabetes, paralysis) and dung the best anticeptic, fighting all parasites, viruses. etc.

To kill cows is the most barbaric behavior and it is compared with the killing human race.  

There is hope

Best

Last edited by devakas on Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:10 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : highlight)
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:52 pm

can we enable this poll?

missed you guys

devakas
    blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:39 pm

I cant vote on this because, perversely perhaps, I believe its almost impossible to be a 100% pure vegan in practice .
    Not saying its not okay or bad .

Classic example. Many Indian vegetarians started suffering from severe malnutrition when they moved to Britain even though they were eating the same traditional diet they brought with them .
    Why ? because the unpolished ,unwashed and untreated rice they ate in India contained live and dead Weevils and their eggs !

In the UK it was found that the polished, treated, sterile white rice they ate did not provide a vital source of B Vitamins.

Vitamin B deficiency leads to all sorts of problems . Rickets I think is one (actually I think that's more Vit D). This is why the British developed yeast extract spreads such as Marmite.

Our Immune system eats bacteria . We breath in billions of microscopic organisms everyday which Our lungs have to process too ! Nothing is wasted though. The human body is an amazing system.

So I just got back from two weeks in New Zealand staying with a friend who has an Organic Dairy Farm. Grass fed all year round .Best quality milk in the world . You have not tasted Milk until you have drunk it raw straight from the vat . So sweet .
    Cows that are loved and well fed/looked after will happily give milk .

Most processed Milk is of course compromised .

I like Prosciutto (pig meat), salted raw meat . If its free range . Only very occasionally with a salad and fresh bread .

What I do think is counterproductive is naming anyone who eats meat as part of their diet , a Carnivore . Its just not technically correct to do so. So no I cant vote on this one because also the debate has been skewed by the polarized framing of the question.

The French make the best Cheese because they are allowed to use unpasteurized milk . So the calcium is still bio available . Love a good runny French Brie . Yoghurt is so good for you . Never gonna give that up.

Food is one of the great Joys of life . IF its fresh, healthy and pure . Good food should be almost orgasmic in the pleasure it gives to eat it . No ,i am not joking .
    Indian Curries are one of the great inventions . Love Indian Food. Cook Indian all the time .

I do agree that excessive meat consumption is really bad for you , but I doubt if I will ever be able to cut it out of my diet . I have tried and found after a while my energy level drops to low . My DNA did not evolve on a veggie diet and i am not lactose intolerant.

Chicken Eggs are a fantastic source of Omega 3's IF free range . Not gonna give them up either. I don't care which hole they come out of.
    But they have to be our own eggs. Store bought ones are horrible.

Finally I am told that in Queensland,where tropical fruit of high quality is grown everywhere, you can pretty much live just on fruit and little else. But again , only if fresh and in season . Not irradiated ,waxed and god knows what else they do to it.

You just cant have a one perfect diet for every location .Local Availability is key to a healthy balanced diet.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:27 am

Hello there devakas.
    Long time not seen you.
    Welcome back Cheerful

Love Always
    mudra
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:06 am

I, for one, am appreciating your input here Blueroller. I've tried to bring a bit of balance to the conversation here in the past and got absolutely nowhere haha. In fact I became very unpopular with some. So good luck in your 'quest'. I love you
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:24 am

blue roller wrote:
    burgundia wrote:Justifying eating meat by comparing humans to carnivores? We are not and our teeth ( and not only) are the "witnesses". So why not being a herbivore which we were meant to be? Side with an elephant not with the lion.

Humans are omnivores . That is the oldest lamest excuse that Vegetarians and Vegans always drag out . Your a primate Burgundia , deal with it .

Monkeys/chimpanzees LOVE flesh when they can hunt it down. And they do , Google it.

Many Humans have sharp pointed upper incisors . Human teeth are adapted as are their digestive systems ,to an omnivorous diet.

You would not enjoy the Brain mass equivalent to a Dolphin if your ancestors , like Dolphins ,did not eat meat. Amazing.

And if you really think Ruminants such as Elephants dont ingest meat as they forage then you really are in denial. Elephants eat tree's and in every tree canopy there will be masses of small insects. It all goes in the Pot .

Fruitarians look down on Vegans, vegans look down on vegetarians and They look down on meat eaters. Such a ludicrous class structure.

Fruit Trees feed on decaying plant and flesh matter ! Worms feed on buried flesh . Best start you can give a tree sapling ? Plant it on top of road kill. Yes I have done that .

Chickens eat grass and meat . Free range ones anyway. Humans ! So quick to Judge , so slow to build an honest relationship with nature.

I dont have a problem with anyone choosing not to eat meat but all diets are relative. Spinach is a great source of protein Yes , BUT its very high in Oxalic acid too , so you dont want to eat it to often or it will damage your vital organs !

Same with Meat . To much meat and to little fresh greens ,asking for trouble. To much fruit sugar and not enough fibre ,same potential problems.
    Buddha ? ,well its all apocryphal in the end . He always seems to look well fed though.
    Personally my experience tells me I need all the food groups in proportion to maintain energy ,bone density and general good health.
    I know of a few Vegans around here with premature osteoporosis . You can see their backs hunching over as their spinal column caves in.
    Also ,they look malnourished and pale . The problem is unless you grow your own fresh, the food is dead . Store bought is to late to provide the live enzymes your body needs.

Eat grains ? Good. Because they are full of dead weevils . Great source of Vitamin B.

As for their backs hunching over and looking malnourished and pale..

Now about the INCISORS...

http://freefromharm.org/photo-galleries/9-reasons-your-canine-teeth-dont-make-you-a-meat-eater/

If you can't catch your prey and kill it with your teeth and claws you are not meant to eat meat. Deal with it. And that thing with elephants eating insects which are in the trees is ridiculous. I bet many people ate flies if they had fallen into soup.

I am a primate? To some extent probably yes but humans are a genetic manipulation so perhaps they should be given their own category. We are not exactly chimpanzees and we do not eat leaves so all your arguments are rather lame. Most meat eathers I know, who are my age, look older and more sickly than I do.

When it comes to spinach I eat it rarely and imagine this  is not the best and only source of vegetable protein. It looks like you know very little about plant-based diet.

Last edited by burgundia on Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:06 am

mudra wrote:Hello there devakas.
    Long time not seen you.
    Welcome back  Cheerful

Love Always
    mudra

Thanks Mudra

Blue roller and Sanicle, I highlighted some key points.

Burgundia I am very happy how you feel being vegetarian!
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:59 am

mudra wrote:

Love from me

mudra

YES to that, mudra I love you
    blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:23 pm

Why do Humans always have to polarize the debate ? Because being chronic narcissists they are not 'happy' unless they are 'wining' the debate.

Its not an issue of wining the debate or being 'right'.

Try telling an Eskimo to go vegan, its not going to happen. Try telling a Dolphin to let go of his barbaric Fish eating ways .

This debate is not doing anyone any favors because its not realistic .

You can only optimize your nutrition and maintain a healthy body by eating FRESH food . Rubbish in ,rubbish out.

If your Vegan diet comes from a supermarket instead of the garden , your going to hurt yourself over the long term.

In the Midi Pyrenees the french locals eat a diet super high in fats. Duck Liver pate , freshly hunted wild boar and tons of Dairy. Yet they have very low rates of heart disease . Why ? Because its clean ,healthy ,locally produced and eaten along with garden grown Cabbage and other fresh local produce like Walnuts full of Omega 3's.

So if a certain cat lover tries to make his pet go Veggie ,whats going to happen to that Cat ? Our cat HUNTS , it does what it evolved to do . Its happy and healthy , not fat and fluffy. You want to be a couch potato ? Keep drinking the fundamentalist Vegan Kool aid.

"I dont like to Kill or hurt any living Being". Oh please . You will live and die in your meat sack and get eaten by worms. Accept it.

Every day your white blood cells are mercilessly eating invading bacteria to keep you alive . You don't hear them whining about the morality of eating flesh.

Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:05 pm

burgundia wrote:As for their backs hunching over and looking malnourished and pale..

.....Most meat eaters I know, who are my age, look older and more sickly than I do.

Lol Good videos!  And, I have to agree with your statement.

Btw, I can smell it on people... that they eat meat.  It's a sickly, sweet kind of smell -- like something off.  That could be from the meat putrefying inside them and permeating through their tissues. I know that one way the body releases/removes toxins is through the skin.

Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:23 pm

Hi devakas!  Although I agree with much of what you've shared, here's a couple of points I'd like to draw attention to.

One thing I've always thought is that milk, regardless of what animal it comes from, is meant for babies.  That is one reason why there are so many 'lactose intolerant' people out there.  Milk has an ingredient meant to 'put off' adult/older animals on purpose (creates over-production of mucus in the body etc).  Nature discourages older animals from suckling.  Milk also has an ingredient meant to attract a baby to come back for more to ensure its survival.  This ingredient which is in much higher quantities in cow milk, is particularly intensified/concentrated in a product like cheese because of the great amount of milk required to produce it.  Humans easily become addicted to this.  This is the one, big reason why it is so hard for people to give up eating dairy products.

Also, as good as cow urine is, nothing beats your own.
     Wink
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:37 pm

Oh, yes... and I can't vote.

There needs to be a 'vegan' category.

Maybe if the question was reworded... 'Do you choose not to eat meat?'  Then you could leave the poll the way it is and the vegans and everyone else can participate.  Maybe there's a better way to word it?

I think it might be better to have a new poll: 'Do you eat meat?'...lol

blue roller
    blue roller

Post  blue roller Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:54 pm

Well if Milk is 'addictive' may as well give up on food altogether because I am always going to come back for more .Good food gives me a High , no doubt about it. Veggie Curry , sushi , whatever . If that's bad or a sign of 'addiction', frankly I am past caring .

Soy is poisonous until its fermented so I avoid that stuff but a lot of vegans/vegetarians are drinking soy 'milk' etc .

I went to college with a Vegan who seemed to subsist on nuts and fruit. He looked deathly pale most of the time and worked very slowly ,appearing to lack energy and 'go'. Same with vegetarians I have worked with over the years . But I dont think that means necessarily that they are malnourished so much as maybe the availability of sustained energy levels for physical work is less . So many factors involved. How fresh is their food ,is it organic ?

Some weeks I will go minimal meat by eating Sushi and Salads ,potato bakes and the like . But if I do my energy level starts to fade and my ability to focus and concentrate on my work is impaired. No doubt about that in my mind.

A lot of fruits contain hormones etc that the tree deliberately provides as an inducement to sell it's seeds for propagation ! talk about natural marketing.
    Some of the these fruits have mind enhancing properties too . Does that make them bad ? I dont think so personally. Just wish I had access to more of the exotic tropicals .

Chocolate ,coffee , in their natural form are full of good stuff but when processed become addictive and sugar laden killers.

I just think this is a fascinating subject and I am still learning every day . In south American jungles ,any animal that is sick will eat raw coffee beans for their medicinal properties . Apparently they are very sweet and taste like honey . We grind organic coffee beans and have one cup a day . There is no going back once you have tasted proper organic coffee . Its rich and chocolaty in flavor and I swear its been very positive for me. BUT only one cup a day . Any more and its overstimulating .

I have to laugh at the baby food milk thing a bit though. The hormone you are referring to Pris I think is Oxytocin. The same naturally occurring Hormone that gives you the feel good feeling during a peak experience of joy and contentment .

Oxytocin helps the body/muscles relax during child birth and OBE's . Hormones are regulated by the pineal gland . OBE is not possible without the Pineal anesthetizing the body and putting it to sleep while the brain remains conscious. So for me I think its premature to dismiss milk in its unadulterated form as bad for you . Most of the time I only have it in tea to neutralize the tannic acid but when i get a craving for it I make massive banana milk shakes and get long all night Lucid dreams. I just listen to my body .

I think this is a complex subject and highly relative . One mans meat really is another mans poison. So many variables.

I figure if I lived in the south American Jungle I would eat differently to Australia out of necessity . Australia is great because you can grow just about anything if you make the effort and have the land to do it. I just think Food , good food , is the art of living a full and healthy life. Its a spiritual path too , not just a basic necessity. I struggle to understand 'spiritual' people who scorn food or punish themselves with bland boring 'healthy' restrictive diets.

burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:38 am

burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:03 am

Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:03 am

burgundia wrote:

burgundia wrote:

Great videos! Very Happy

Like the fellow mentioned in the second video, just because you're a vegan, doesn't mean you're eating healthy.  

Yes, if you are eating mostly organic raw fruits, veggies, nuts, grains... and drinking pure water (oh yes, and exercise!), you will likely do very well.

It's very good to avoid cooked food (dead food) as much as possible because the body reacts to the food like it is fighting off an infection (increased white blood cell count).  The living enzymes in raw food are very important to good health.

If you are eating processed food, white sugar, table salt (and/or too much salt of any kind), bleached products, bad oils (like Canola, margarine, cottonseed, palm-kernel), additives, preservatives, flavour enhancers (like MSG /natural flavour), high-fructose corn syrup (fructose-glucose), artificial sweeteners (aspartame, neotame etc.), GMOs, food sprayed with pesticides and herbicides etc etc etc.... well, then... you won't be very healthy regardless of what 'overall' diet you choose.

If you are a vegan but drink a case of Coke every day or drink a gallon of coffee, you'll make your body more acidic and then you may suffer from things like bone loss because your body will pull the calcium out of your bones to counteract the acidity in your body.  It doesn't matter what your diet is, if it's too acidic, your body will attempt to make you more alkaline any way it can.

Meat happens to increase the acidity in the body so that's no help as far as acidity is concerned.  

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:56 am