tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+24
Vidya Moksha
Swanny
Pris
RedEzra
THEeXchanger
magamud
orthodoxymoron
Sanicle
FrankoL
rhythm
Beren
devakas
Micjer
malletzky
TRANCOSO
ClearWater
Carol
Floyd
Mercuriel
hippihillbobbi
mudra
bigmo
Nebula
greybeard
28 posters

Ego

greybeard
    greybeard

Ego - Page 7 Empty Re: Ego

Post  greybeard Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:33 pm

The end of spiritual searching

I can relate to a lot of this
    Chris

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:56 am

Thank you for posting those links Chris. Well worth watching.
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:43 am

WARNING This book may seriously reduce your ego and if you are fortunate you might not exist as a separate person by the time you have finished it.
    People can speak of Oneness without knowing what it is, Scott is in that state called enlightenment- not that he claims it.
    When it occurs there is in no individual left to claim anything.

"Loves Quiet Revolution" The End of the Spiritual Search"
    Scott Kiloby

There is a video of an interview with him some posts back. (Conscious TV)

Some spiritual teachers whilst telling it is as it is are not quite so blunt.
    Scott is very direct in the book, I can recommend it.

Chris.
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Identification with thoughts-- my thought-- gives credence to the fallacy that there is an individual person.
    Oneness is one without a second--- no person is left when Truth dawns.
    Awareness remains and was always present.
    Awareness knows there is no this or that only This.
    There is no separation anywhere.
    Everything is unified.

Chris

Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:39 am

Ego - Page 7 Tumblr_lo2zqb6h5P1qzsyre

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:47 am

greybeard wrote: Identification with thoughts-- my thought-- gives credence to the fallacy that there is an individual person.
    Oneness is one without a second--- no person is left when Truth dawns.
    Awareness remains and was always present.
    Awareness knows there is no this or that only This.
    There is no separation anywhere.
    Everything is unified.

Chris

Exactly Double Thumbs Up

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:32 am

ILLUSION

My understanding of illusion at least in part is.

We have a point of view which naturally will differ from others as it is from our standpoint.
    The opinion is formed judgmentally and is based on all our past experiences.

A truly enlightened sage does not have a belief system as everything is seen a fresh without ego and conditioning.
    Thats why it can be said with enlightenment there is no person left.
    There is no personal point of view but there is a knowing of the essence of things.
    Accepting of what is does not mean it is approved of or condoned.

Truth is dependent on context and as most people will put everything they meet into a personal context (does this lead to pain or pleasure?) truth is lost.

Truth is not a point of view it is unchanging.
    All that can really be said that everyone can agree upon is that "I" exist.

Everyone can justify their actions-- most believing it is for some good---there own personal or and expanded good.

Judgment of people or actions is a complete waste of time except where a law is broken, that is commonly agreed, at least in some cases, as fair and just.
    The illusion is that we all think we are right in everything we believe to be so.
    So how come so many learned people will hold different view points and declare this is the truth?

Regards chris
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:32 am

Enlightenment is the end of suffering

That was the essence of the Buddha's teaching.
    The simplicity of it is overwhelming.

Yogananda called the search "Divine madness" in his book Divine Romance

"Those whom the God's would love they first make mad" is a quote from some where long forgotten.

Anyone seriously on the path to enlightenment will know that only the attainment of that, freedom from ignorance, will do.
    Till then there are dark nights of the soul, moments of bliss and Divine revelation, extreme loneliness, feelings of being abandoned unloved, not understood surface.

No one in their right mind would choose this path, yet it is ultimately the most rewarding and when attained the ultimate potential of human existence is realized.

The search is not external in fact it is not a search but an uncovering of what lies within.
    The clouds (obstacles) removed the sun shines forth--- the soul illumined.

Namaste
    Beren
    Beren

Post  Beren Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:13 pm

Chris,

Sometimes I just want to scream but I `d go against myself if I `d neglect this fire inside me.

Thanks for great words.

Be blessed!

Very Happy
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Beren wrote:Chris,

Sometimes I just want to scream but I `d go against myself if I `d neglect this fire inside me.

Thanks for great words.

Be blessed!

Very Happy

Im blessed to have you as a friend Beren
    Much love Chris
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:20 am

Jeff Foster interview on Conscious TV
    talk on non-duality

http://conscious.tv/nonduality.html?bcpid=45947084001&bclid=1610663950&bctid=1610678214

Chris
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:54 pm

The highest perception of freedom comes when a person has freed himself from the false ego, when he is no longer what he was. All the different kinds of freedom will give a momentary sensation of being free, but true freedom is in ourselves. When one's soul is free, then there is nothing in this world that binds one; everywhere one will breathe freedom, in heaven and on earth.

Hazrat Inayat Khan

Love Always
    mudra
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:53 am

Something Big is about to happen
    Gregg Braden

Science and Ancient Traditions--- come together

greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:40 pm

Having never left the house you are asking for the way home. Get rid of wrong ideas, that is all. Collecting right ideas also will take you nowhere. Just cease imagining. First of all, abandon all self-identification, stop thinking of yourself as such-and-such, so-and-so, this or that. Abandon all self-concern, worry not about your welfare, material or spiritual. Abandon any desire, gross or subtle, stop thinking of achievement of any kind. You are complete here and now, you need absolutely nothing. Leave it all behind you. Forget it. Go forth, unburdened with ideas and beliefs. Abandon all verbal structures, all relative truth, all tangible objectives.

There is no need of a way out of the dream! Don't you see that a way out is also a part of the dream? All you have to do is see the dream as dream. The very idea of going beyond the dream is illusory. Why go anywhere? Just realize that you are dreaming a dream you call the world, and stop looking for ways out. The problem is not the dream. Your problem is that you like one part of your dream and not another. Love all, or none of it, and stop complaining. When you have seen the dream as a dream, you have done all that needs be done.

~Sri Nisargadatta
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:19 pm

greybeard wrote:Having never left the house you are asking for the way home. Get rid of wrong ideas, that is all. Collecting right ideas also will take you nowhere. Just cease imagining. First of all, abandon all self-identification, stop thinking of yourself as such-and-such, so-and-so, this or that. Abandon all self-concern, worry not about your welfare, material or spiritual. Abandon any desire, gross or subtle, stop thinking of achievement of any kind. You are complete here and now, you need absolutely nothing. Leave it all behind you. Forget it. Go forth, unburdened with ideas and beliefs. Abandon all verbal structures, all relative truth, all tangible objectives.

There is no need of a way out of the dream! Don't you see that a way out is also a part of the dream? All you have to do is see the dream as dream. The very idea of going beyond the dream is illusory. Why go anywhere? Just realize that you are dreaming a dream you call the world, and stop looking for ways out. The problem is not the dream. Your problem is that you like one part of your dream and not another. Love all, or none of it, and stop complaining. When you have seen the dream as a dream, you have done all that needs be done.

~Sri Nisargadatta

Thank you for posting. this is great.
    I love you
    I think this is a way to burn karma, impurities. Can we increase dharma?
    Namaste
    devakas
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:37 pm

I haven't been following this thread, but I thought I'd suggest reading the books by Dr. Robert H. Schuller -- regarding the ego and the self. I actually prefered reading his material, as opposed to hearing it. I agreed with 95% of what he said and wrote -- yet there was something very wrong in Garden Grove. I'd like to see what a Positive Response-Ability Based Crystal Cathedral Ministry might look like. Think long and hard about THAT!
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:48 pm

orthodoxymoron wrote:I haven't been following this thread, but I thought I'd suggest reading the books by Dr. Robert H. Schuller -- regarding the ego and the self. I actually prefered reading his material, as opposed to hearing it. I agreed with 95% of what he said and wrote -- yet there was something very wrong in Garden Grove. I'd like to see what a Positive Response-Ability Based Crystal Cathedral Ministry might look like. Think long and hard about THAT!

if me Ortho, than I would say I do not have time. Also I realized that there is a Book written to every person in this world. Nobody is left without knowledge as it would be not fair, agree? Just we need to find it for ourselves. I believe in absolute truth, some think they create truth. or think that all is random. again look at the flowers...

i think everybody agrees you are most loveble person in mists.
    I love you
    Beren
    Beren

Post  Beren Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:50 pm

A bit of graphic regarding ego:

eGO

Ego - Page 7 245713
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:04 pm

Beren wrote:A bit of graphic regarding ego:

eGO

Ego - Page 7 245713

LOL

Ego - Page 7 Success1

Love Always
    ludra
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:44 pm

devakas wrote:
    orthodoxymoron wrote:I haven't been following this thread, but I thought I'd suggest reading the books by Dr. Robert H. Schuller -- regarding the ego and the self. I actually prefered reading his material, as opposed to hearing it. I agreed with 95% of what he said and wrote -- yet there was something very wrong in Garden Grove. I'd like to see what a Positive Response-Ability Based Crystal Cathedral Ministry might look like. Think long and hard about THAT!

if me Ortho, than I would say I do not have time. Also I realized that there is a Book written to every person in this world. Nobody is left without knowledge as it would be not fair, agree? Just we need to find it for ourselves. I believe in absolute truth, some think they create truth. or think that all is random. again look at the flowers...

i think everybody agrees you are most loveble person in mists.
    I love you
    Thank-you devakas. A lot of research seems to involve spinning one's wheels -- wherein we are 'always learning, but never achieving a knowledge of the truth'. Nature is extremely important in all of this. Reading 'Move Ahead with Possibility Thinking' by Dr. Schuller, while laying in the sands of Newport Beach was at least as much fun as attending a service at the Crystal Cathedral. Unfortunately I don't think life is fair, and I don't think life cares. We are not born into a nice world and a level playing field, with ethical players and referees. Some of the fans even throw stones and stab us in the back. In this lawless world we live in, I absolutely believe in absolutes!
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:12 pm

2012 & Fractal Time Gregg Braden on Coast to Coast AM

This loosely relates to ego, in that the way we treat each other in the run up to Dec 2012 is crucial for our own spiritual development.
    We have a unique opportunity now to move on, to grow as a race, with the help of the energies coming in from the galactic center.

Everything is spiritual, there is nothing else.

Chris

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:33 pm

greybeard wrote:

Everything is spiritual, there is nothing else.

Chris

I completely agree with Chris .
    A time to understand this to the core of our Heart and everything , absolutely everything will be different like a jewel polished from it's stains and glowing with radiant light.

Hugs

Love for You
    mudra
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:06 pm

Scott Kiloby video
    I cant remember if I posted it before.
    Im told thats a good sign
    Lol

Pasted from Non Duality America

http://nondualityamerica.wordpress.c...-tv-interview/

High Points of the Video

When host, Iain McNay, asked Scott about specific spiritual experiences and Scott explains that, although experiences are not the realization of non-duality, he had a couple of events happen in which the sense of separation fell away including driving in a car and experiencing no separation. On another occasion, the “entire conceptual structure of life” and all its divisions fell away.

Scott also explains that we believe, in our everyday experience, that we live in a world of separate objects and people, but non-duality is the seeing through of that separation, so that the present moment is not experienced as being comprised of solid, separate, fixed objects, but rather a seamless non-separation.

“The very thing we are seeking in life is presence, yet we don’t know it” – Scott Kiloby

Other highlights of this video include when Scott talks about non-duality being ultimately about love. This is not the love the ego knows which is often attached to the story of a person or some object. This is a love that is more akin to our true nature realized when separation is seen through. In this love, we no longer expect people to give us love. We realize we are love and that provides a sense of completion in our relationships so that we no longer try to possess and control each other. Excellent point.

Probably the most significant takeaway from the Conscious TV interview was near the end, when Scott takes listeners through an inquiry about seeking (which will be in his next book, “NATURAL REST: Finding Recovery Through Presence.”) The inquiry reveals that the very thing we are seeking in life is presence, yet we don’t know it. In not knowing it, we seek after objects, experiences, people, and other events in the future. The inquiry stops us dead in our tracks and let’s us taste the wholeness of the present moment. This provides a “natural rest” from seeking.

greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:14 am

Nasargadatta I am That
    Quote from pages 315/6

I self-realization so important?

Answer
    Without it you will be consumed by desires and fears, repeating themselves meaninglessly in endless suffering. Most people dont know that there can be an end to pain. But once they have heard the good news, obviously going beyond all strife and struggling is the most urgent task that can be.
    You know that you can be free and now its up to you. Either you remain forever hungry and thirsty, longing searching grabbing ever holding ever losing and sorrowing or go out wholeheartedly in search of the state of timeless perfection to which nothing can be added, from which nothing--- taken away.
    It it all desires and fears are absent, not because they were given up but because they have lost their meaning.

So far I have been following you. Now what am I expected to do?

Answer
    There is nothing you can do. Just be. Do nothing. Be. No climbing mountains and sitting in caves.
    I do not even say. “be yourself” since you do not know yourself. Just be.
    Having seen that you are neither the “outer” world of percievables, nor the “inner” world of thinkables,
    that you are neither mind or body, just be.

Surely there are degrees of realization ?

Answer
    There are no steps to self-realization. There is nothing gradual about it. It happens suddenly and is
    irreversible. You rotate into a new dimension, seen from which the previous ones are mere abstractions.
    Just like on sunrise you see things as they are, so on self-realization you see everything as it is. The world of illusions is left behind.

Nevertheless there is progress?

Answer
    There can only be progress in the preparation (sadhana) Realization is sudden. The fruit ripens slowly but falls suddenly and without return
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:55 pm

greybeard wrote:Align oneself to God's will and then see what happens.

Double Thumbs Up

When we humans act in out of our influence sphere, we are not achieving anything, we only hate. for example we hate president, but we can not do anything. When we think and act in our influence zone, hate dissapears and happiness fills us in, our influence sphere increases tremendously. I tried to tell Ortho this. Also I noticed Sanicle's deeper thought about ego and how it works, I was nicely surpriced how her influence zone expended to even famous Eseti Ranch. Shocked ..... I love you Wink

ego
    nice story
    Budha was sitting in meditation. There was one mad man who hatted him so much. One day he came and spit on Buddha. Buddha wiped himself and did not say anything. The mad man's mind was going crazy and he finally felt very bad. Another day he was feeling so bad, he brought flowers to appologize Buddha. He gave Buddha flowers, Buddha did not react. He asked " Do you have any other question?" Budha had complete inner freedom, he was not the push buttons and respond.
    There is one most most valuable tiny moment if found, realized, developed and expanded. The moment between iritation and reaction.

and nice paradox by the way Buddha's influence zone in the world. wow

Thanks for sharing your wisdom dear greybeard

wish you infinite love
    devakas

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:36 pm