tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+7
THEeXchanger
malletzky
Carol
mudra
devakas
Threecaster
Beren
11 posters

Ultimate reality

Threecaster
    Threecaster

Ultimate reality - Page 2 Empty Re: Ultimate reality

Post  Threecaster Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:09 am

Knowing Everything

When you "know everything", you "fix" your reality more firmly into place to meet those expectations; this then tends to shove other possibilities aside. Now most persons' natural reaction to this statement is "Oh, I'll be the first to tell you I don't know everything. There's lots of things I don't know." Well, this perhaps is true, or at least difficult to deny. However that type of knowing is not precisely the center of our statement. Here is perhaps another instance where the western english is falling short conceptually, much in the way some languages cannot be translated literally into others. But the knowing at subject here acts as more of an assurance we have gained as we grow and experience life, i.e. knowing the sun will rise tomorrow at a certain time and place.

Most folks tend to (subconsciously) choose demarcation points of the people and things as observed and perceived around themselves, which is an essential part of the act of defining and learning. Most try hard to relate and "make sense" and will process the evidence observed in such a way as to support what is already "known" to be consistent. This process is integrated as to shape their internal map of that perceived as outside of themselves . These definitions of not only objects, but behaviors, interpretations, and general limits of any consistent person, place or thing demarcate our personal DMZ. Depending on your level of awareness towards your own inner faculties, you may have a good idea of how deep these tendencies can burrow into our way of thinking and perceiving.

EDIT: I may have that backwards, as this structure seems to be more dendritic, or "tree-like". Each truly new concept you learn creates a node against your background (mental?) vibration. This then acts to seed a new branch of your knowledge.

Ah! to take the metaphor to it's extant: The seed of a new idea both grows into your future as new knowledge (and consequently may adjust actions and perceptions), as well as grows roots into how you view what happened in your past. "Hindsight is 20/20" may be referencing from the roots of ideas learned after-the-fact.

Ultimate reality - Page 2 Celtic-tree

I suppose what I am trying to say is, if you take "You tend to find what you are looking for." to the Nth degree, then you can start to realize how far into your own perceptions that your expectations are shaping what you call "Real". Having said that, there certainly appears to be a consistent phenomena that all humans (at least currently) perceive as "out there", as viewed from inside each of our own skulls.

If you want a snappy answer to a stupid question, try "That's because I'm in here, and you're out there...." You may be surprised to find how many chances you get to use that!

At this point you may be saying "You're talking about being open minded. I consider myself fairly open minded." I beleive most persons think they are, but then they will turn around and make a disparaging comment. Most negative comments and perceptions about the world around us arise from our own perceived shortcomings.

Here is an excellent example of being open minded, presented in the form of an ancient eastern parable:

A farmer and his son had a beloved stallion who helped the family earn a living. One day, the horse ran away and their neighbors exclaimed, “Your horse ran away, what terrible luck!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

A few days later, the horse returned home, leading a few wild mares back to the farm as well. The neighbors shouted out, “Your horse has returned, and brought several horses home with him. What great luck!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

Later that week, the farmer’s son was trying to break one of the mares and she threw him to the ground, breaking his leg. The villagers cried, “Your son broke his leg, what terrible luck!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

A few weeks later, soldiers from the national army marched through town, recruiting all the able-bodied boys for the army. They did not take the farmer’s son, still recovering from his injury. Friends shouted, “Your boy is spared, what tremendous luck!” To which the farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

It is this type of attitude that is condusive towards allowing yourself to operate in harmony with your surroundings. Your reaction to what happens around you is pivotal towards how you get along with yourself and others (and with things as well!)

If we consider that what surrounds us is a living thing, and that it responds to us much in the same way as a loving parent or pet, then it's easy to see that how it behaves is largely up to how we treat it and ourself.

Let Love be your Guide I love you

Last edited by Threecaster on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Eartheart
    Eartheart

Ultimate reality - Page 2 Empty ultimated intimated automated real radiation

Post  Eartheart Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:17 am

Learning years at a tibetan univerity teached between other things:
    speaking the affirmativ or charged mantram - then finishing with "Hum path soham!"
    which means "So it is!";
    than the relaxed relativity mantra:“Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.” ( which seems to be donkey or downkey mode to me - excuse me)...;
    Than this rebellious selfdestructiv mode, which was captured by Beren, which is certainly a evolutional turbo of AI proportions§§§

If i ask my Hearts, i get a clear energetic pointer, i will stay with this!

Open minded via no-mind via never-mind, our ultimate decisions may be free from those old/oldest/timeless observational neutral mindactivations, trusting your good feeling of natural connectivity... Lmao
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:16 am

Beren wrote:What is Ultimate reality?

Ultimately, reality is nothing.
    Threecaster
    Threecaster

Post  Threecaster Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:37 am

From a "stubbed my toe" POV, there is a LOT of empty space between the little squiggly bits.

I think the secret is in the squiggling...

Trying to find the middle path (between the squiggles?) is continually a challenge, sometimes more than others.
    Allowing the wisdom of love (Correct Thought - I suppose), to guide and find the Right Action, as well as to modulate the Emotions, so as to allow a state of being that lets our inner light shine; so that others may observe the unfolding inner peace that is used to solve problems, that is one goal I think.

If I'm elucidating properly... drunken

If i ask my Hearts, i get a clear energetic pointer, i will stay with this!

Open minded via no-mind via never-mind, our ultimate decisions may be free from those old/oldest/timeless observational neutral mindactivations, trusting your good feeling of natural connectivity... Lmao

I am often trying to shuck off my old habits and attempting to locate my "Beginner's Mind."

Not easy to forget intentionally!

Hypnotize
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:52 pm

nice posts, love it. sunny

everything happens automatically in spirtual world
    Threecaster
    Threecaster

Post  Threecaster Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:27 pm

This is actually a segment from a larger interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K1BSyX6IyA&feature=endscreen&NR=1
    Threecaster
    Threecaster

Post  Threecaster Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:41 am

It becomes clear that our attitudes towards even the most mundane tasks opens a fissure or channel into the depths of our realities, which then affects to open a channel unto the spirit or essence of the action or at the very lest the driving force that emerges as meaning behind the act.

If we just "go through the motions" then we are barely connecting to that channel, and maybe even risk becoming victims to the whims of that essence, as we "don't really want to be here" at that moment, and as a result our attentions are elsewhere. So by not consciously paying attentional focus to that which are doing, we take a chance on the muse acting through us, to get what SHE wants. Now, I make this sound like a bad thing, but there are some circles where this is actually the goal....

But as you focus your intent on a task, this focus act like a wedge to plow through the ordinary facade of everyday interactions, and gives you cross sectional access to thoughts and interpretations otherwise not available at first blush. Like mining veins of gold or silver, these thoughts and relationships lie deep in the strata of our perceptions.

However, these rivulets are more fluid in our mental landscape; one may think that we access them "edge on" like the veins of minerals, but even at this deeper level, is still superficial.* We can actually pick up one of these veins and travel along it like a river, following it to it's source. When you do this, you may find that spirit. It could be an angel, a deamon, a broadly smiling Cheshire Cat, or a very busy little man that really is simultaneously annoyed and impressed by your presence in his space. You may also find that once you have navigated to such an atrium, where such beings dwell, that there are many caverns and paths that lead to and from there, and that the residents know them much better than you. Consequently, you may "unleash a deamon" or "let the Djinni out of the bottle" if you go far enough. (or perhaps, too far!)

We perform similar actions all the time when we explore an idea, or solve a riddle. Our minds form then probe the dendritic map of possiblities, seeking our prey. Where we run into problems is how we define our map, and our goals, and what we deem worthy to be considered, or discarded.

In our current human nature, we prize one's ability to navigate this slippery landscape with precision and flair; so much so we proclaim these persons to be masters of their art, and we now have not only great composers and painters, but talkies have brought about The Celebrity. (Why do we call them celebrities?) and not inconsequentially, the CSI.

But what is it exactly that we are valuing here?

Each of these maestros accesses deep facets of our natures, both biological and cultural. These facets reach us, as we recognise these elements are necessary and required and give meaning of what it is to be human. Perhaps the real value for each of us comes from finding things out about ourselves, that otherwise were hidden; and that the cloaks and disguises and excuses can be stripped away, where we can then decide how we really feel about our relationship of ourselves and the spirit of this moment.

This is why real beauty, or actual art reaches us, moves us to feel. Some folks have a hard time feeling, and shy away from such beauty, as if they got too close, they may accidentally have to feel something.

So a positive attitude towards your motivations and consequent actions shall allow you fully embrace the spirit of that act. A negative or meh! attitude will merely act as a cursory gesture, and could anger said spirit out of disrespect! (Don't believe me? Try talking on the phone and driving! Or watching TV while cutting a potato. blood will appease the disrespect...)

Let us hope the emanations of such arts can etch away the cold shell of such unfeeling beings. In this age of such bizzare mental states, let us think of those who need to feel something good (or to just to feel SOMEthing), and hope that their pain can be tempered to allow them to experience real pleasure. Real Joy. Comfort. Satisfaction. Content. Or perhaps even Genunine Companionship, beit either with another person, or an accomplished spirit.

* first encounters with these new concepts can be rather "earth shattering", even though further wisdom and experience will reveal them to be superficial representations, with even more ephiphanistic ( Huh ? whew! how about) euphoric discoveries lying in wait.

Threecaster
    Threecaster

Post  Threecaster Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:31 pm

It is important to strip away that which feels to us that which may lead to a loop or dead end. (unless of course that is our desired destination, to explore the farthest aspects of those limitations) We must understand that this distillation is really only out of a dis-harmony in our understanding. The more we understand, the greater our tolerance for many things otherwise unpleasant. (which ties in with detachment and internal observation)

I feel I may be speaking too abstractly here...

Conversely, many paths are not that difficult to understand. I am speaking of exploration of any particular facet of an experience: gambling, fasting, rock climbing, roller skating, organized crime, or simply being in a space; how far do you want to go? What sort of exploration do you wish to undertake within an experience? We sometimes view those who have given all of themselves towards an experience "geeks" or "freaks" if they've gone so far they can't hardly communicate with majority of persons...or they display more of the aspect than they do their own selves. I suppose we are creeped out by this because it feels "less than human" sometimes.
    oh..."fanatical" is what I;m talking about....

This is one reason intoxication and addiction are so prevalent, persons experience the farthest aspects of the spirit manifest in the molecule, and this registers as their "high". Most times more drug is farther into the experience (some molecules work in reverse tho, where less-is-more; small amount allow brain chemistry to change and allow new ways of thinking, where too much just clogs things up, like caffine for example)

I would dare to say for instance, Richard Simmons certainly has taken personal health and enthusiasm to a new level!

Ultimate reality - Page 2 Rs_groceries

These persons though often misuderstood, often are the ones who find the change that we need. Einstein came along at just the right time to break open into completely new ways to experience time and space.

I am examining the aspects of "giving myself away". I can feel my ego often times fighting with my feelings and it can be quite fierce, much to the suffering of my wife, tho feel bad not, her ego is much, much worse than mine, and I am regularly clawed by it. So....we are meant for each other! I love you (we both heal each other as well Hugs ; we are twin souls and truly are two sides of the same coin)

Hadriel
    Threecaster
    Threecaster

Post  Threecaster Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:00 pm

When we dwell on thoughts of rejection, low self, desires unfulfilled, a person on you all the time, etc., we are opening cracks in the local "egg" of ourselves that allow ghosts and spirits to enter our being. Once they have a real foothold, then they will feed on these thoughts, and try and shut out alternatives, so you keep thinking ugly thoughts.

Suddenly, I'm also talking about Advertising!

Now, it is very difficult to distinguish where you stop and the ghost starts. After all, they are both "in here". (Just say that to yourself; as in "in your mind")

The real trap is if you try and fight it. The beastie will only use your own anxieties and fears against you, and will only worsen the situation. However, if you abandon your feelings of guilt, fear, loss, and self importance (among other filthy possesions) you deny the critter any amunition.

It is in their very nature to take the path of least resistance. Once involved in your thought patterns, this will almost always be towards a foible: Lust, Jealousy, Rage, etc. So it takes a conscious effort sometimes to surround yourself with love and life, and to love even the thoughts that make you feel any certain way.

Some folks figure this out early on, but they in turn get trapped on that stalemate. Here we have folks who have numbed themselves from feeling anything. No feelings, nothing can be used against them. Sometimes this comes from within, other times it's forced down their throats, and it's a survival mechanism....

Others sometimes have the opposite problem, where they have already felt everything, and are constantly looking for that "rush", so to have something penetrate the shell. {They say we need more test pilots, I say make better aircraft...}

The only way I have found to purge myself of these nasty beasts is to perform my energy work, to maintain a state of positive, if not neutral assessment of every state of being I inhabit. This I do through occasional meditation, tai chi and visualization.

This past week I noticed my mood was getting worse and worse, till today...well, like today's weather: dark, brooding, with occasional lightening and thunder. Then I realised I had not done any energy work for the past week!. Went out and laid in the grass and let the storm pour over me.

I feel a lot better now!

sunny
    Crazee
    Crazee

Post  Crazee Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:54 am

I have a paradox in my mind relating to the way the universe works that has bothered me for some time. In my life, a large percentage of the smartest, most aware people I know, have gone through great pain in life. This usually is in the form of feeling highly disillusioned (depressed) for a long period of time. These people (and I feel this includes myself) were able to bounce out with a much more balanced perspective on How Things Are based on their experience with everything seeming really shitty.

My problem with this is that I don't (want to) believe pain is necessary in order for one to lift the veil of lies, yet at the same time pain seems like such an effective teacher.

I argue that pain is always brought upon oneself, as opposed to thrust upon thou by external forces. But how do we learn to avoid pain without experiencing it firsthand? No matter how much someone told me, I was never sure the oven was hot until I burned myself on it.
    Threecaster
    Threecaster

Post  Threecaster Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:51 am

Crazee wrote:I have a paradox in my mind relating to the way the universe works that has bothered me for some time. In my life, a large percentage of the smartest, most aware people I know, have gone through great pain in life. This usually is in the form of feeling highly disillusioned (depressed) for a long period of time. These people (and I feel this includes myself) were able to bounce out with a much more balanced perspective on How Things Are based on their experience with everything seeming really shitty.

My problem with this is that I don't (want to) believe pain is necessary in order for one to lift the veil of lies, yet at the same time pain seems like such an effective teacher.

I argue that pain is always brought upon oneself, as opposed to thrust upon thou by external forces. But how do we learn to avoid pain without experiencing it firsthand? No matter how much someone told me, I was never sure the oven was hot until I burned myself on it.

Pain is the fasted route to learning; but too much too fast and the lesson is lost. Pain is *sometimes* essential, offering a purging effect to rid ourselves of habits and relationships we are now letting go.

Some folks latch on to the feeling they get from this process, and spend (possibly) too much time in this space. The same is true for elation. They get stuck in a loop trying to move from high to high, beit either from substance or shopping.

Buddhists speak of the Middle Path. Eliminating Desire and Expectation is an excellent place to start.

cyclops

Be careful of alienating yourself from that which is real and beautiful, (and opposite of that also.) and getting too involved in yourself.

"Be in the world, but not of it."

Detachment without isolation.

Acceptance and Forgiveness

Train yourself to step away from feelings of pain, hurt, and disrespect. Understand from Their Point Of View. Then you can step out of the situation and retrieve something otherwise unrelated and bring it back into the situation.

The other pitfall is like Morpheus said: "There is knowing the path, and there is walking the path."

I have known the path for years. Yet I am only know learning to let it open unto me as a moment-to-moment way of living...

Be careful of intellectualizing too much. Sometimes the meaning of the flower is the flower.

Let love be your guide.

Big Grin 2
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:36 pm

No pain : half awakened
    Pain: half asleep
    There would be no pain if it's counterpart would'nt exist.
    These are two sides of a same coin in a world where everything is meant to rise and pass.
    The experience of this as it repeats itself gives us the opportunity to realize the value and unity of both.
    We then find the point of balance in the apparent dichotomy.
    The image of the torus comes to mind:

Ultimate reality - Page 2 Torus

Giving each moment the least resistance, letting it flow with our loving presence as a center
    removes the illusion that we need to take control of everything.

Love from me
    mudra
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:12 am

Threecaster wrote:

Buddhists speak of the Middle Path. Eliminating Desire and Expectation is an excellent place to start.

Be careful of alienating yourself from that which is real and beautiful, (and opposite of that also.) and getting too involved in yourself.

"Be in the world, but not of it."

Detachment without isolation.

The Madhyamaka would say that all dichotomies have no 'svabhava' or self essence and thus do not independently exist. All dichotomies rely on each other, an illusory symbiosis that lends credence to their apparent existence.

According to this tradition, by understanding the non reality of all dichotomies one may find wisdom (prajna) or crossing over to the other side as in the 'prajna parimita' teachings. Perfection in wisdom.

"Form is emptiness; emptiness also is form.
    Emptiness is no other than form,
    Form is no other than emptiness"
    Heart Sutra
    Threecaster
    Threecaster

Post  Threecaster Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:27 am

Ultimate reality - Page 2 Torus <--- Crazy Happy AWESOME!

Very true. A parchment always has two sides. It cannot help but be that way, otherwise we would call it by another name.
    Threecaster
    Threecaster

Post  Threecaster Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:29 am

Think Good Thoughts

Crazee
    Crazee

Post  Crazee Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:05 am

Threecaster wrote:
    Be careful of intellectualizing too much. Sometimes the meaning of the flower is the flower.

Let love be your guide.

Big Grin 2

mudra wrote:
    Giving each moment the least resistance, letting it flow with our loving presence as a center
    removes the illusion that we need to take control of everything.

Thank you both, That was just what I needed to hear. Especially overthinking, I sometimes get stuck in these darn loops where I overthink everything.
    Threecaster
    Threecaster

Post  Threecaster Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Crazee wrote:
    Thank you both, That was just what I needed to hear. Especially overthinking, I sometimes get stuck in these darn loops where I overthink everything.
    Hee! It takes one to know one...One reason I like your posts, your questions sound like ones I used to ask. cyclops

In the past few years I have been moving more into the realm of Feeling. Learning to control my emotions, rather than running from them. Even now, it's hard to maintain sometimes...and why the hell does everyone expect all persons to be so God am'd Happy all the time? (But that's for a different post! Mad ) drunken Cool

Learning to feel that which is around you is important. Then you get to learn how you feel when you think a particular thought. Or maybe you'll do that first....this whole "feeling" buisness starts small. I've learned to imagine taking a bite of a particular plum, and my stomach will immediately tell me if this is a good idea or not. Nowadays I can almost get the feeling of the acid in tomatoes, or the starch in a potatoe, etc...

The human brain apparently cannot distinguish between our sense of the "real" world, and an identical (or very simililar) scene from a dream, or imagination. This speaks volumes about the nature of our floating here through this now, and how our thoughts about it can modulate the flow.

A lot like this:

Think of yourself as the droplet, with an interactive feedback system between yourself and your environment (wave pocket). Your personality (soul) comes through and modulates the filter forming your now.

How you steer and operate this modulation is from feeling it. Feelings of Love, Compassion, and Understanding will generate sympathetic patterns (ha! literally! Ultimate reality - Page 2 Picard_facepalm_by_thespazztikone-d4lb524) (Sorry!)

See the video on Thoughts shaping water crystals...

Feeling pain is normal. This is usually when we are removing blockages.

What you have chosen to accept as real strongly influences how your interface with your surroundings operates. Consider what you see around you, that which you may call your "life", as a living being; not unlike a parent or a pet. How it reacts and treats you is largely up to you.

Phillip K. Dick said "there is no such thing as a free lunch" so focus on the end result, but be ready to jump up and catch the ball when it come into your space.

There are larger elements at play here as well, but those I think we can admire from afar, as when we do taste them, it is usually strong and quick! Spiritual

For instance, I accept as real there exists a central sun inside of my body (xtra-dimensionally) that fuels my existence here, and is largely manifest from my skeleton. I find it a very intresting exercise to sit and meditate on my bones (even if for only a few breaths...)

I find that having accepted this idea as real, it results in physically involuntary shakes and shudders as my chakras and energy centers adjust. IMHO so long as your intent is in line with the continuity that holds us all here, "ask and ye shall receive." HINT: Keep your mind made, once you make it. COROLLARY: "Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it!"

Crazee
    Crazee

Post  Crazee Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:41 am

Threecaster wrote:
    Learning to feel that which is around you is important. Then you get to learn how you feel when you think a particular thought. Or maybe you'll do that first....this whole "feeling" buisness starts small. I've learned to imagine taking a bite of a particular plum, and my stomach will immediately tell me if this is a good idea or not. Nowadays I can almost get the feeling of the acid in tomatoes, or the starch in a potatoe, etc...

The human brain apparently cannot distinguish between our sense of the "real" world, and an identical (or very simililar) scene from a dream, or imagination. This speaks volumes about the nature of our floating here through this now, and how our thoughts about it can modulate the flow.

Interesting what you say about imagining things to examine the feelings one gets before doing them. I must try that more. I've written a short essay on the significance of dreams on our reality. The basic argument is that the similarities and frequent inability for us to notice when we are dreaming and when we are awake should be used as evidence pointing to the realness of dreams, as opposed to the non-realness of being awake.

Threecaster wrote:
    A lot like this:

Think of yourself as the droplet, with an interactive feedback system between yourself and your environment (wave pocket). Your personality (soul) comes through and modulates the filter forming your now.

Cool video, though I don't think I grasp the significance of it. He said it seems as if the wave is guiding the droplet, but I didn't understand how he got that conclusion from what was being observed, I also didn't understand how he said that he'd managed to recreate the double slit experiment using the silicon.

I just read a book on neuroplasticity that is making major moves towards reconciling spirituality and science. Needless to say, this is being met with a lot of resistance from modern scientists Mad 1. Anyways, the last chapter gave a very good overview (though I don't know how I would know what a bad overview is) of quantum mechanics. What intrigued me most was strong evidence saying our universe is non-local, that is to say, everything effects everything. The other thing I liked was the explanation of the quantum zeno effect which says that when we focus on a molecule or atom in a certain state and ask if it has changed states, it does so less frequently than if we didn't ask it (the Watched Pot effect)

Threecaster wrote:
    What you have chosen to accept as real strongly influences how your interface with your surroundings operates. Consider what you see around you, that which you may call your "life", as a living being; not unlike a parent or a pet. How it reacts and treats you is largely up to you.

Nice Thubs Up. Learning how beliefs influence reality is necessary for there to be a strong cultural awakening, still contradictory to mainstream scientific thought though scratch.
    Threecaster
    Threecaster

Post  Threecaster Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:00 am

I had a great replay scratch reply lined up for you, then in it's greatness it broke the internets. clown So here's the replay:

Crazee wrote:Interesting what you say about imagining things to examine the feelings one gets before doing them. I must try that more. I've written a short essay on the significance of dreams on our reality. The basic argument is that the similarities and frequent inability for us to notice when we are dreaming and when we are awake should be used as evidence pointing to the realness of dreams, as opposed to the non-realness of being awake.

Brilliant! Cool OMG! You just triggered a dream symbol for me, at least your comment helped me realize something: Bath Spigots are a dream point or symbol for me. Recent circumstances have been focusing my attentions on a lot of bath spigots lately. Now I understand, that I am to remind myself I am dreaming even now, say as I take a shower... (Good golly Miss Molly, the chill even as typing that Oooyeah 1 ) I think maybe this has helped me "wake up" in a small way.

The light switch thing never worked out for me, as I would always think: "Oh the bulb is burned out, or the circuit is bad." This is a perfect example of "knowing everything". In this case it spoiled this trick for me. But I am developing others... study

Threecaster wrote:
    Cool video, though I don't think I grasp the significance of it. He said it seems as if the wave is guiding the droplet, but I didn't understand how he got that conclusion from what was being observed, I also didn't understand how he said that he'd managed to recreate the double slit experiment using the silicon.
    yea...a bit of a reach, I almost did not send it...I recommend watching the whole episode, and even reading more on Yves Couder. My personal feeling is this phenomena is almost metaphor manifest: "as above, so below"

or if you prefer:
    Ultimate reality - Page 2 RN8WwdQYe0ePrqjGARMWVg2

"Everything small is just a small version of something big!
    I understand everything now!"

... a book on neuroplasticity [Woooot! ]that is making major moves towards reconciling spirituality and science. Needless to say, this is being met with a lot of resistance from modern scientists Mad 1. Anyways, the last chapter gave a very good overview (though I don't know how I would know what a bad overview is) of quantum mechanics. What intrigued me most was strong evidence saying our universe is non-local, that is to say, everything effects everything. The other thing I liked was the explanation of the quantum zeno effect which says that when we focus on a molecule or atom in a certain state and ask if it has changed states, it does so less frequently than if we didn't ask it (the Watched Pot effect)

Threecaster wrote:What you have chosen to accept as real strongly influences how your interface with your surroundings operates. Consider what you see around you, that which you may call your "life", as a living being; not unlike a parent or a pet. How it reacts and treats you is largely up to you.
    Nice Thubs Up. Learning how beliefs influence reality is necessary for there to be a strong cultural awakening, still contradictory to mainstream scientific thought though scratch.

Check out "What the bleep do we know?" on the U-Toob, highly recommended.

Man look at this place, this post is a mess, sorry I haven't cleaned up here in a while... sunny
    Crazee
    Crazee

Post  Crazee Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:14 pm

Threecaster wrote:I had a great replay scratch reply lined up for you, then in it's greatness it broke the internets. clown So here's the replay:

Crazee wrote:Interesting what you say about imagining things to examine the feelings one gets before doing them. I must try that more. I've written a short essay on the significance of dreams on our reality. The basic argument is that the similarities and frequent inability for us to notice when we are dreaming and when we are awake should be used as evidence pointing to the realness of dreams, as opposed to the non-realness of being awake.

Brilliant! Cool OMG! You just triggered a dream symbol for me, at least your comment helped me realize something: Bath Spigots are a dream point or symbol for me. Recent circumstances have been focusing my attentions on a lot of bath spigots lately. Now I understand, that I am to remind myself I am dreaming even now, say as I take a shower... (Good golly Miss Molly, the chill even as typing that Oooyeah 1 ) I think maybe this has helped me "wake up" in a small way.

The light switch thing never worked out for me, as I would always think: "Oh the bulb is burned out, or the circuit is bad." This is a perfect example of "knowing everything". In this case it spoiled this trick for me. But I am developing others... study

Awesome cheers. I wish you well on your dream journeys.

I like the idea of switching the lights on and off. The way I used to try to make myself aware was to write "Dreaming?" on my arm, and use that as a reminder to always be asking myself if I was in a dream. I've gone lucid a fair amount of times but in about 3 out of 4 instances I wake up out of excitement. I managed to stay asleep once when circumstances allowed me to realize I was dreaming. In the dream I was walking around in my hometown in California but then realize that I hadn't been there for 2 weeks, and wasn't going back for another 2 weeks, which meant it had to be a dream. Then I did some experimentation with flying (wasn't successful, but managed to jump hundreds of feet).

Threecaster wrote:
    yea...a bit of a reach, I almost did not send it...I recommend watching the whole episode, and even reading more on Yves Couder. My personal feeling is this phenomena is almost metaphor manifest: "as above, so below"

"Everything small is just a small version of something big!
    I understand everything now!"

I will look into Yves Couder more.

There are an infinite amount of similarities between small and big things. One of my favorite things to do is line them up and observe the wonders.

Ultimate reality - Page 2 Brain-cell-the-universe-birth-of-a-cell-death-of-a-star-eye-nebula

Ultimate reality - Page 2 Pu_aloe_plantUltimate reality - Page 2 Hs-2007-41-a-web

An interesting study was done in 2007 showing that dust immersed in plasma could take on the qualities of a conscious entity by forming organized structures and bifurcating. This will finally help us evolve out of the constricting parameters of Cell Theory that says 1) All living organisms are composed of cells. They may be unicellular or multicellular 2) The cell is the basic unit of life 3) Cells arise from pre-existing cells.

I think these studies prove that life as we know it evolved out of smaller (probably nonphysical, but empirical science is further from accepting that) life.

The science news article about it
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/08/070814150630.htm

the primary research with all the sciency details
    http://iopscience.iop.org/1367-2630/9/8/263/fulltext/

Threecaster wrote:
    Check out "What the bleep do we know?" on the U-Toob, highly recommended.

I did watch about a 3rd of it once, quite a long movie. I stopped to look up some of the claims it made from other parties on internet. It annoyed me a little that they didn't list the names and/or affiliations of their interviewees right when they came on. I also am skeptical about the water crystal thing. I love the idea of what Masaru Emoto is trying to prove, but the way his tests were carried out are pretty unprofessional Huh ?. The photographers of the crystals were able to choose what part of the ice to photograph in the 'negative' and 'positive' water, instead of finding a more objective way to see if the water was more or less crystally (say, by taking random snapshots of the ice and comparing).
    Threecaster
    Threecaster

Post  Threecaster Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:29 pm

Hypnotize One of my current goals is to curb my enthusiasm.

Ultimate reality - Page 2 Poster

God, sometimes I hate popular culture. Fortunately it was not that popular.

Mad Lmao

I do agree my Pollyanna Optimism gives me rose colored glasses a lot of the time. Spouse has learned just to let me arc and I will come back to Earth in my own way.

Scientific Method has it's advantages, but it tends to "average out" a lot of the behaviors. Perhaps it is our definition of "consistency" that needs to be adjusted. This is starting to feel like Minority Report.

Philip K was a topic around the campfire last nite. Cool

I would also like to see more scruitiny around the ice crystals, have not pursued it much.

Been thinking a lot lately of Orgone and Kundalini. Enlightened

Generally, "Bleep..." is on track, if thinned out a bit for the masses. If you want more, then watch the Through The Wormhole shows. Some of that may annoy you tho...they do push some theoretical "what if's" that make for good TV.

Even further down the rabbit hole:

From the pros:

then look for parts 2 and 3 and so on if it's got hold of you by then. drunken Hypnotize

UFO2
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:44 pm

Mathematics and what you want reacts form Gods will.
    So if you search for other Gods where does that bring you?

Or do you think no one knows anything? And you base your life on this premise?

Perhaps there is just plenty of time to kill today and nothing really matters. Or do you assume no one knows anything anyway?

The Pharisees do not enter nor do they let anyone else enter.

And is your paradigm of fact up to no reproach? Has your method of observation not betrayed you?
    Threecaster
    Threecaster

Post  Threecaster Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:44 pm

Even Feynman will concede he, of all people does not understand his theory, and asks if you do, please come and explain to all of us.

He will also tell you his theory only matches the Observations. What is really going on is sort of irrelevant, but only somewhat so to us observers currently, because of the limited capacity by which we make observations in this day and age.

MM: Dial it in a little will ya? Your broad sweeps of questioning sound like some sort of guy standing at the back of a wagon with a Big New Hat, a Large Friendly Smile, and lots of little bottles.

IOW, it's hard for me to take your postulations seriously, when they've jumped out so many steps away from what tickled your tonsil in the first place.

I'm all for non-linearity, but in order for me to respond in a more specific manner, I'm going to have to try and track the way you think. If your Point Of View is always shifting (and not everyone realizes that it does...) then it becomes convoluted for others to track and respond as to what they see as a loving manner towards someone such as yourself. This observed behavior in others can then be mis-construed as a personal attack, wherein it is merely misunderstanding, or at worst - ambivalence.

It's took me a long time to see this. Cool

Spouse gives me grief for being too broad and vague. Just because you put a peg on the table, does not mean someone will knock it over straightaway.

Relax Man!

Enlightened
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:59 pm

Three I'm starting to like your pragmatism.
    Not that you will believe me, but I am relaxed. Quite elated today from cleaning house.

Im not sure I know anyone who is not applying there form of relativism.
    The problem sir, is I am speaking from a singularity, while you deconstruct the World.
    This is analogous to our Mathematicians who break up the Atom to find the answer.

Our arrogance presumes there is no Gestalt, no unity that is attainable with our perspective. So we head long in without consideration, without awareness of the consequences we do.
    Then get insulted with English pomp as how dare you stop my Freedom and justice.

We have conditioned ourselves to our very souls to not see. This is the state of the world....

Last edited by magamud on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Three,
    I would compare it to a lighthouse. I am not moving and warning sea goers, like yourself of the rocks, that are in front of me. Also of the Storm that is upon us.
    I am trying to guide you into the pass, funnel you in, point to the door. Again I am not moving to you, you are moving toward me!

I am sure you can ignore me, block me out, or better yet get a rally to banish me or censor me. I am sure you can get a mob going. Then it will be up to the leaders of this Portal to show their insight.

So I have no choice but to be myself and keep the light shining in the Lantern room.

This points to the idea of space and do you think you can hide from anything?
    God makes up the world so transparency is foundational, with equality. This idea shapes your perception and deepens the importance of know thyself.
    For who won't know you?

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:04 pm