tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

4 posters

Cruise Ship runs aground. 2012 weirdness

Micjer
    Micjer

Cruise Ship runs aground.   2012 weirdness Empty Cruise Ship runs aground. 2012 weirdness

Post  Micjer Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:13 am

Italy: Cruise company blames captain for deadly accident

http://www.adnkronos.com/IGN/Aki/English/Business/Italy-Cruise-company-blames-captain-for-deadly-accident_312863640334.html

The head of Costa Crociere on Monday blamed the captain for committing a "human error" that caused one of its cruise ships run aground off the Italy's Tuscan coast, causing the death of at least six people.

"The procedures and strict training and rules that were given were not respected," Costa chairman and chief executive Pier Luigi Foschi said during a press conference.

Captain Francesco Schettino is accused of sailing off course, causing the ship with its more than 4,000 passengers to run aground on a reef off of Giglio island in western Italy late Friday. Reports cite Schettino as saying he was following flawed nautical charts and denied doing anything wrong.

He has been arrested and accused of manslaughter, abandoning the ship and causing the accident. At least six people died but about 15 remain unaccounted for.

Now here is the weird part..............

Here is a picture of the ship.....

Cruise Ship runs aground.   2012 weirdness Cruise-ship-italy__oPt

Now here is a screenshot from the movie 2012 near the end......

Cruise Ship runs aground.   2012 weirdness Screenshot20120116at120
    lawlessline
    lawlessline

Cruise Ship runs aground.   2012 weirdness Empty Re: Cruise Ship runs aground. 2012 weirdness

Post  lawlessline Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:33 am

Yeah the captain was recorded at the helm trying to get a closer look at the Island because his mate who was on ship and comes from that Island. Basically he was showing off to him. The captain refused help from coast guards saying everything was under control but they were having technical problems. He said that for 20 mins whilst the ship was sinking, then he jumped ship and refused to reboard and organise the evacuation.

Nothing wierd in this just simply a fecking idiot at the helm. May be that is just indicative of todays society.
    Micjer
    Micjer

Cruise Ship runs aground.   2012 weirdness Empty Re: Cruise Ship runs aground. 2012 weirdness

Post  Micjer Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:27 am

I guess the guy didn't get the memo that the captain is supposed to be the last one off the ship! Question
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:39 am

Micjer wrote:I guess the guy didn't get the memo that the captain is supposed to be the last one off the ship! Question

The captain crapped himself bigtime.
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Today in George Ure's website Urban Survival there is mention of the Costa Concordia tragedy as hinted by the Half Past Human Report . George also mention the GBS navigation system .
    That reminds me of the James Bond flic : Tomorrow never dies in which strange going on happened , tied with the manipulation of the GPS of a warship . After watching the post of Floyd ( the two photographs ) . I come up with the following theory .
    In my opinion it takes only a person to switch on a portable GPS receiver jammer for say 20 seconds to send off course a ship . It is only my theory .........Then there is the date 13.01.2012 and the symbolism ( EU countries names for the decks ).

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:39 am