tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+13
orthodoxymoron
ceridwen
sabina
Sanicle
Mercuriel
ClearWater
Carol
solent
Brook
burgundia
mudra
Beren
malletzky
17 posters

Animals and Humans

mudra
    mudra

Animals and Humans - Page 10 Empty Re: Animals and Humans

Post  mudra Mon May 12, 2014 10:54 am

Animals and Humans - Page 10 CHP+pooch

The California Highway Patrol is being lauded for its efforts in rescuing a Chihuahua off Interstate 680 in Walnut Creek Friday.

The Contra Costa CHP posted a photo of the rescue on Twitter saying:

"This little dog needed some help off I-680 freeway today. We're glad he's safe."

Many Twitter users thanked the CHP for saving the small dog. Others wondered where it had shown up from.

Photos: Top 10 Most Popular Dogs in America

On Saturday, the CHP said in a tweet that the Contra Costa Animal Services in Martinez, California, had taken the dog into their care.

The rescue picture showed the Chihuahua perched on a roadway median on Interstate
    Highway 680 during rush hour.

CHP officer Alex Edmon said that officers got a call Friday about a Chihuahua running in lanes on northbound I-680 just south of North Main Street. Officers received another call that reported the dog as sitting in the middle of the center-divide wall. Edmon and his partner responded and spotted the small dog on the highway's concrete center divider.

"We attempted to coax it, we could tell it was very frightened, it was shaking - we were able to pet it a little bit, but other than that we could tell it was not happy."

Edmon, who is a dog lover and owns two dogs himself, tried to coax the dog with some trail mix but she wouldn't eat it, he said. The officers called animal control since they had no way to transport the dog on their motorcycles, Edmon said.

Animal control estimates the dog to be around two years old. There were no signs of tags or any kind of injury when she was rescued.

read on: http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/national-international/CHP-Rescues-Chihuahua-From-I-680-258771811.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_CTBrand

Love Always
    mudra
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Wed May 28, 2014 5:05 pm

this is just hilarious  Crazy Happy 

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri May 30, 2014 7:08 am

Dolphins Guide Scientists to Rescue Suicidal Girl

Animals and Humans - Page 10 Coastal-bottlenose-dolphin-school-June-2012-mbearzi-600x400

One day, my research team and I were following a school of bottlenose dolphins near shore as we do on a regular basis in the waters off Los Angeles, California. We just wrapped up our photo-identification work and were moving on to take video of dolphin social interactions and enter data on behavior.

The dolphins were still feeding in circle near shore, when suddenly, one individual changed direction heading out toward deeper water. A minute later, the rest of the school turned to follow. We were so accustomed to tracking these coastal metropolitan dolphins back and forth within a few hundred meters of the beach, that seeing them abruptly leave a foraging ground and change direction came as a surprise to the research team. I decided to follow them.

The dolphins increased their speed, still heading offshore as I pushed the throttle ahead to keep pace while one of my researchers recorded this hasty change in behavior on the sighting form. Somewhere near three miles offshore the dolphin group stopped, forming a sort of ring around a dark object in the water.

“Someone’s in the water!” yelled my assistant, standing up and pointing at the seemingly lifeless body of a girl. For a moment, we were silent. Then, slowly, I maneuvered the boat closer. The girl was pallid and blonde and appeared to be fully clothed. As the boat neared, she feebly turned her head toward us, half-raising her hand as a weak sign for help.

I cut the engine and called the lifeguards on the VHF radio. They told us not to do anything until they arrived on site but it was our unanimous feeling that if we didn’t act immediately, the girl would die. We decided to ignore lifeguard’s instructions, instead pulling the frail and hypothermic body on board. I called the lifeguards back and informed them that she was alive and that we had her aboard and we were heading back to Marina del Rey, the closest harbor, as quickly as possible.

“She is cyanotic,” said one of my researchers, also a lifeguard, after a cursory examination. “She has severe hypothermia. We need to get her warm!” We managed to get some of her wet garments off and wrap her in a blanket. We took turns keeping her warm by huddling with her under the blanket.

The girl was around eighteen and probably foreign because we couldn’t seem to communicate. We tried speaking French, Italian, and Spanish to no avail and she was barely able to speak but none of us could understand what she was saying. I couldn’t avoid noticing a plastic bag tied around her neck. It was sealed and seemed to contain her passport and a folded handwritten note. Somewhere near the harbor, we met up with the lifeguard rescue boat. We handed her off to them and followed them back to port.

read on: http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2014/05/29/dolphins-guide-scientists-to-rescue-suicidal-girl/

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:32 am

Useful Dog Tricks 3 performed by Jesse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PztO-OvzRyg

Love Always
    mudra
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:16 am

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:17 pm

That is human time so well spent :)
    Thank You for sharing Sanicle .

Love for You
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:18 pm

Little Girl and Sea Lion play tag. Sea Lion worried about Little Girl. ORIGINAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owkdOWdEMU8

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:29 pm

Wow what a lovely Being :)

how to carees a wasp / how to pet a fly or other wild animals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMQWohAK3Zs

Flowers 

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:59 pm

Northern White-faced Owl Assists Illustrator Using Tablet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_2jsYsAy6Y

Love Always
    mudra
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Maybe the next video doesn't quite represents the spirit of what I originaly intended with starting this thread, but I assure you it's well worth watching.

It shows the worst and the best of our human nature in an interaction with our planet and all living species, be it flora or fauna.

On this occasion, I must send many heartful thanks to all of you who kept this thread alive. It will reach 10.000 views in the next few days. Wow...I am amazed, really. Mudra, special thanks goes to you dear for your unselfish contribution.

Enjoy the video...and think about it for a moment.

Much respect
    mall...

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:36 pm

priceless pets personalities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpJCFbYY_PY

Love Always
    mudra
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:21 pm

Haha........I'm still giggling re the "I've fallen and can't get up recovery" and the "Ultimate Nurturer".

Lolerz Lolerz Lolerz Lolerz Lolerz Lolerz Lolerz Lolerz Lolerz Lolerz Lolerz Lolerz Lolerz 

Thank you from me too Mudra.  Flowers 
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:32 pm

The amazing emotional intelligence of our primate cousins[/b]

Animals and Humans - Page 10 380183

[b]Gorillas cooperating to dismantle poachers's snares, altruistic, food sharing chimpanzees, grieving lemurs performing death rituals ... Danielle Radin finds an extraordinary emotional depth and capacity for empathy in our fellow primates.

These new findings suggest a level of empathy and social welfare amongst primates never before studied.

In the wild, gorillas are turning into primitive engineers as the newest field findings show that some of these large primates have taught themselves how to dismantle poaching traps in Africa.

"It's just amazing", says Dr. Patricia Wright, a Primatologist at Stony Brook University in New York with over 27 years anthopological experience.

"One of the most extraordinary things that has just happened is that very young gorillas, that are just four years old, have started to take apart traps and snares so that poachers can't catch gorillas."

In Rwanda, four young gorillas were seen disabling a poachers' snare intended to kill gorillas and other animals. These gorillas sprung into action after the same snare killed an elderly gorilla.

Cognition, and empathy

Adult gorillas have been seen destroying snares and poaching traps in the past, but scientists have never seen this kind of activity in gorillas at such a young age. This sighting suggests not only unexpected cognitive skill but also a level of empathy for other animals.

While the gorillas could choose to simply avoid the snare grounds, they instead decide to work together to disable them so that other gorillas and animals are not hurt and killed.

Within the world of primatologists and researchers, primate empathy has been a matter of discussion for years. These new findings suggest a level of empathy and social welfare amongst primates never before studied.

The young gorillas dismantling the snares will most likely teach their offspring how to destroy traps as well. Primates, such as gorillas and chimpanzees, are known for teaching their young how to use different tools.

Chimpanzee altruists

"Young monkeys learn to use stones as tools to crack open the nuts they want to eat, which is something that the adults in their groups do", says Dorothy Fragaszy, Professor of Psychology at the University of Georgia and director of the Primate Behavior Laboratory.

"Social context helps the young monkeys to learn skills through the ways that others engineer the environment so that the young monkeys are able to learn.

"There are socially provided elements in the environment to help the young individual to be facilitated to perform the right actions and to practice this skill."

In an experiment at the Yerkes National Primate Research Center it was recently confirmed that chimpanzees exhibit pro-social behavior. Two chimps separated by a mesh fence were given the option to share food with the other chimp, or get the food just for themselves.

More than half the time both chimpanzees acted altruistically, sharing their food with the other. This confirms that they are aware of the social welfare of other chimpanzees - a fact that researchers only speculated about before but has now been confirmed.

Social and compassionate beings

"Chimpanzees engage in a behavior called reassurance when other chimpanzees are stressed. They offer comfort the same way that a human shows comfort", says Mary Lee Jensvold, director of the Chimpanzee and Human Communication Institute at Central Washington University.

Chimpanzees have also been known to show empathy for other species such as humans. The famous chimpanzee, Washoe, the first non-human we could communicate with, understand and speak approximately 350 words of American sign language before her death in 2007.

When one of her caretakers had a miscarriage she told Washoe. Washoe looked her in the eyes and signed "cry" running a finger down her caretaker's cheek. This kind of emotional depth shows the extent of primate mental capability.

read on: Arrow http://www.theecologist.org/blogs_and_comments/Blogs/2441317/the_amazing_emotional_intelligence_of_our_primate_cousins.html

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:31 am

WI Lumberjack rescues BLACK BEAR with milk can stuck on head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu6nKXcsf7g

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:31 pm

Lullaby to elephant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPFJrYvnL-w

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:56 pm

Best Friends - a kid, a dog and a puddle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN-MjUC4f9k

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Animal Communication - understanding between all living beings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maUrG8qjRLQ#t=14

Thubs Up 
    Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:20 pm

Animals and Humans - Page 10 1383305_653963867970837_1238129226_n

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:41 pm

Lilica: the junkyard mutt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BxPz8TX0Oo

Thubs Up 

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:59 pm

Young Boy Hugs A Chicken Named Love Bird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1sTIzh-Mqw

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:41 pm

Dillie the Deer: Love on Tiny Hooves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGeQE-BBDvI#t=73

Love Always
    mudra
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:20 pm

This is a wonderful new video of Anna Breytenbach (thanks for the reminder of her Mudra), the animal communicator, speaking at a meeting organized by Findhorn in which she gives the basics of animal communication (around the 22 min mark) and tells stories about the ways in which various animals view us and relate to us. For example she explains how zoo animals see us and how best to make their day happier and she also give some more info about her amazing experience with Spirit/Diablo, the black leopard that wasn't in the original video we've seen here. There are even insights into how plants relate.

This video is very special and I truly hope you watch it so we can help to make a difference.  I love you 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65aJNkpKfc
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:45 am

Thank You Sanicle . I'll definitely watch this one  cheers 

Much Love for You
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:46 am