tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+13
orthodoxymoron
ceridwen
sabina
Sanicle
Mercuriel
ClearWater
Carol
solent
Brook
burgundia
mudra
Beren
malletzky
17 posters

Animals and Humans

burgundia
    burgundia

Animals and Humans - Page 3 Empty We Must Be The Devil

Post  burgundia Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:10 am

mudra
    mudra

Animals and Humans - Page 3 Empty Re: Animals and Humans

Post  mudra Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:26 pm

burgundia wrote:

I think this video deserves it's title.

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:30 pm

Kindness: A Vegetarian Poetry Anthology

by Rev. Heng Sure, Ph.D. Berkeley Buddhist Monastery
    Chairperson, Buddhist Text Translation Society

For centuries, Chinese poets have written verses illustrating the Buddha’s principles of kindness and compassion. The sentiments in the poems that follow have been collected and passed on through generations, memorized, illustrated and set to music. One reason for their continuing popularity is because they arise from kindness that touches the heart.

Now the poems have been translated into English, to touch the hearts of Western readers. It is significant that the authors of these poems were prime ministers, scholars, monks and nuns, farmers, aristocrats and men and women of letters, people from all walks who share a common thread: kindness that looks beyond satisfying a desire for flavor, to unselfish concern for the well-being of others. Each poem opens a window onto a world where animals are souls who temporarily inhabit bodies different from ours, but who, like us, are moving towards enlightenment and liberation from suffering.

The Buddha taught that all creatures with consciousness, blood and breath are kin, members of a family connected in substance and in nature. Buddhists have always maintained that animals have feelings and that killing them causes unnecessary grief and suffering. Nobody suffers willingly; harm done to one hurts all alike. Chinese Buddhists incorporated the principle of kindness into the practice of meatless, cruelty-free eating. All creatures are family, and we don’t eat our kin.

These poems arise from the insights of interdependence. The spiritual well-being of humanity on the earth is tied to the well-being of animals, as they are in their fur and horns. Animals have a place at the table, not on the table. Seen this way, cows are not merely steak or burgers or veal; pigs are not just bacon or chops or ribs. Fish are more than fillets, chowder or seafood. Even the smallest of creatures deserves and receives respect; size is not the standard that determines their right to live; their right to live is a fundamental condition.

The poems reveal that an animal’s body is more than simply meat; they show the soul, the inside as well as the outside. Looking through the skin to the nature within the animal, we dignify our human stature. One who shares this insight inhabits a world rich in relationship, presence and vitality. Such a life is connected and related, not alienated, not broken or lonely.

Our editorial team invited a young Buddhist nun to illustrate these English translations. Her drawings emphasize children discovering the principles of kindness and compassion. A life’s habits often begin during the tender, impressionable years of childhood, but a mind can change forever in the turning of the next thought. The poems in this volume arose in China but their insights are as universal as suffering and joy. We look forward to a day when Western poets and singers create verses and songs that celebrate our deeper connection with nature. May these simple verses lead to the profound insight that by establishing kinship with all creatures we become more truly human than before.

discover the poems here: Arrow http://www.drba.org/dharma/veggie/kindness.asp

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:27 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:23 pm

Last edited by mudra on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks mudra for that article. yes, the scope of animal suffering is horrendous....it is so horrendous that I do not want to live on such a planet...but fo rthe time being I am doing what I can to make a difference and improve their fate.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:57 pm

Last edited by mudra on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:12 am

Animals and Humans - Page 3 425892_10150607817064454_131820419453_8711081_1593021008_n
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:59 am

as gruesome as it is, people should know in order to stand up for animals and put an end to the atrocities..

sabina
    sabina

Post  sabina Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:04 am

this picture brings tears to my eyes
    why they have to kill all this beautyfull animals.
    wolves are like dogs sure they are wild animals they have to eat but they are alive.
    we humans don,t have to eat meat as they have to
    i wish all the hunters to get hunted by themself.
    All the best sabina I love you I love you
    I couln,t look at the video after the first kill of this pig. Iknow why Iam vegetarian but
    there are too less people who think like me.they prefere to eat their steak bon apetit!!!!
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:01 am

sabina wrote:
    I couln,t look at the video after the first kill of this pig. Iknow why Iam vegetarian but
    there are too less people who think like me.they prefere to eat their steak bon apetit!!!!

Sabina, I even didn't open the link. I read the description somehwere and that was enough for me. We need to make more and more people aware of this. This is FARM INDUSTRY. Most employees are sadistic psychopaths. It is happening all over the world. Sick people apply for jobs in syuch places.
    burgundia
    burgundia

Animals and Humans - Page 3 Empty China bear bile farms stir anger among campaigners

Post  burgundia Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:36 pm

moved to another thread

Last edited by burgundia on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:11 am

Just amazing and cute

malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:23 am

...and these both clearly understand each other Crazy Happy

malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:36 am

Dear freinds, altough I clearly understand that there's also another side of the coin when comes to interaction between animals and humans (slaughtery and animal abuses of any kind for example), my primarly intention to start this thread was and remains to show the one so called positive side.

Please bear this in mind when you decide to post any other material then in allignemnt with my statement from the begining of this thread, which says that

It's about the interaction between humans and animals where the one or the other were helping, loving and interacting in many wonderous ways.

I would realy appreciate if you will follow my plea.

On the other side, I am definitelly supporting any other attempts to realy show and debunk the misery and the agony of milions of poor animals around the world. Maybe we can have another thread opened which will only be concentrating on that particular part of the interactions between animals and humans?

Thanks in advance for your understanding

Much respect to all of you
    Mall...

ceridwen
    ceridwen

Post  ceridwen Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:11 am

Amazing Owl called Marshall at the Birds of Prey centre nr Biggleswade in Herts

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:26 am

malletzky wrote:
    Please bear this in mind when you decide to post any other material then in allignemnt with my statement from the begining of this thread, which says that

It's about the interaction between humans and animals where the one or the other were helping, loving and interacting in many wonderous ways.

I would realy appreciate if you will follow my plea.

On the other side, I am definitelly supporting any other attempts to realy show and debunk the misery and the agony of milions of poor animals around the world. Maybe we can have another thread opened which will only be concentrating on that particular part of the interactions between animals and humans?

Thanks in advance for your understanding

Much respect to all of you
    Mall...

Thank you for the reminder Mal .
    I'll be but happy to follow your plea I love you
    And yes until we transcend duality and reconnect with Mother earth and all it's creatures in a loving manner
    the other side of the coin will ever exist and deserves a thread of it's own.
    Burgundia would you open such one I'll transfer the posts I made here along that topic to your thread.

Much Love for You
    mudra
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:58 am

Ok mudra, I am going to open a new thread and please transfer the relevant posts. thanks.

the title will be"Raising the awareness about the human impact on the lives of animals"
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:53 pm

How a rescued pitbull saved a war veteran from committing a suicide.

http://www.godvine.com/Rescued-Pitbull-Saves-a-War-Veteran-From-Suicide-1109.html
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:01 pm

That was very touching Burgundia.

The Karen

Love from me
    mudra
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:25 am

More of the positive stuff Cheerful

This is a video of a homeless man in Santa Barbara and his pets. They work State Street every week for donations. The animals are pretty well fed and are mellow. They are a family.

The man who owns them rigged up a harness for his cat so she wouldn't have to walk so much (like the dog and himself). At some juncture the rat came along, and as no one wanted to eat anyone else, the rat started riding with the cat and, often, on the cat!

The dog will stand all day and let you talk to him and admire him for a few chin scratches.

The Mayor of Santa Barbara filmed this clip and sent it out as a holiday card.

burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:04 am

Sanicle..it was precious...thank you for the laugh.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:47 pm

A Place of Peace: New Dawn Farm Sanctuary in Montana, USA (1/2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g1IU8_sr9g

This program features a visit to a Place of Peace: New Dawn Farm Sanctuary located in the heart of Bitterroot Mountains in Montana, USA. The vegan sanctuary is a life-long haven for many farmed animals. You will see how lives have changed for these animals through human-animal interactions by the compassionate human care here.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Pet Psychic Laura Stinchfield Talks About Animal Communication

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIVteydUhbE

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra