tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+16
Brook
TRANCOSO
orthodoxymoron
HolyGuacamole
HigherLove
wingmanof light
Micjer
Carol
lindabaker
burgundia
mudra
Mercuriel
investigator
Jenetta
Sanicle
giovonni
20 posters

A Coverup -California Northwest USA BC Canada under radiation threat as high as Japan

giovonni
    giovonni

A Coverup -California Northwest USA BC Canada under radiation threat as high as Japan  - Page 2 Empty Re: A Coverup -California Northwest USA BC Canada under radiation threat as high as Japan

Post  giovonni Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:54 pm

LEVEL 7

11 April 2011 Last updated at 23:46 ET

Japan: Nuclear crisis level raised to highest level

Japanese authorities have raised the measure of severity of their nuclear crisis to the highest level, officials say.

The decision was taken due to radiation measured at the damaged Fukushima Daiichi power plant, NHK reported.

The highest level for nuclear accidents (seven) had previously only applied to the Chernobyl disaster in 1986.

Meanwhile a 6.3-magnitude earthquake was reported off eastern Japan, the second tremor in as many days.

The aftershocks come a month after a huge quake and tsunami hit Japan, leaving nearly 28,000 dead or missing.
    Impact of leaks

An official from the Nuclear Safety Commission of Japan announced that the crisis level at the Fukushima Daiichi plant was being raised in a televised statement, adding that it was a preliminary assessment that was subject to confirmation by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).

The level seven signifies a "major accident" with "wider consequences" than the previous level, officials say.

"We have upgraded the severity level to seven as the impact of radiation leaks has been widespread from the air, vegetables, tap water and the ocean," said Minoru Oogoda of Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency (Nisa), the government's nuclear watchdog.

One official from the Tokyo Electric Power Co (Tepco), which operates the nuclear plant, said that radiation leaks had not stopped completely and could eventually exceed those at Chernobyl, Reuters news agency reported.

However, a nuclear safety agency spokesman told reporters the leaks were still small compared to those at the plant in Ukraine, then part of the Soviet Union.

"In terms of volume of radioactive materials released, our estimate shows it is about 10% of what was released by Chernobyl," he said.

The decision to raise the threat level was made after radiation of 10,000 terabequerels per hour had been estimated at the stricken plant for several hours.

That would classify the crisis at level seven on the International Nuclear and Radiological Event Scale (Ines).

It was not clear when that level had been reached. The level has subsequently dropped to less than one terabequerel an hour, reports said.
    Evacuations extended

The severity level of Japan's nuclear crisis has so far been set at five, the same as that of the accident at Three Mile Island in the US in 1979.

Japan has also said it is extending the evacuation zone around the crippled nuclear plant because of radiation concerns.

The zone will be widened to encompass five communities beyond the existing 20-km (12-mile) radius, following new data about accumulated radiation levels, officials said.

Japan's nuclear commission said that according to preliminary results, the cumulative level of external radiation exceeded the yearly limit of 1 millisieverts in areas extending more than 60 kms (36 miles) to the north-west of the plant and about 40 km to the south-southwest.

On Monday, a 7.1-magnitude quake hit north-east Japan, leaving three people dead. It also triggered a brief tsunami warning, and forced workers to evacuate the Fukushima Daiichi plant.

Tuesday's quake rocked buildings in the capital, Tokyo.

There were no immediate reports of fresh damage, though Japan's Narita international airport temporarily closed its runways, and metro and train services were interrupted.

The cooling systems at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant were damaged in last month's disaster and workers have been struggling to prevent several reactors from overheating.

Officials have warned it will be several months before the situation at the nuclear facility is brought fully under control.

Tepco said on Tuesday that a fire had broken out briefly at Reactor 4, before being extinguished.

The official death toll from the disaster is 13,130, while 13,718 remain unaccounted for. More than 150,000 people have been made homeless.

Source;
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13045341
    giovonni
    giovonni

A Coverup -California Northwest USA BC Canada under radiation threat as high as Japan  - Page 2 Empty Re: A Coverup -California Northwest USA BC Canada under radiation threat as high as Japan

Post  giovonni Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Futaba village is located near Fukushima Daiichi Plant and People evacuated after the nuclear accident on March 11th 2011. The radiation level in Futaba-cho is about 30 micro Sievert per hour, which is 30 - 40 times higher that the normal natural background level. You don't risk your live by just staying there for several hours. but it's impossible to live for the time being.

The most contamination are considered Iodine 131 (half-life 8.1 days) and Cesium 134 (half-life 2.06 years ), which radioactivity will disappear in 10 years. But if the area is much contaminated with Cesium 137, it's more serious as the half-life of Cesium 137 is 30 years and it will take 150 years until the radiation level drops to normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsioMTnCok0
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:24 pm

And what about that dog? Did they leave him tied to a pole?
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:48 pm

Burgundia, many people asked about the dog...and I read that he was rescued. The whole video just breaks my heart, what a mess. My son's Japanese friends are all from Fukushima, but all of them were in Atlanta (they are Georgia Tech alumni) or they were on vacation! Of course, all of those young people's families will never be the same. And now, today, another 6.0 quake right at the nuclear plant location exactly. This is surreal. Should we start offering to shelter people from Japan? There are hundreds of thousands of people who can't go home for years, maybe never. What if that were us? Would we expect other countries to take us in? Linda
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:21 pm

I have heard that about 1000 Japanese people come to the Phillippines every day now...
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:29 pm

I would like to think that wherever these people go, that they are warmly welcomed. It is so difficult to go to another country, with another language. I did it in my early 30's and I couldn't imagine how hard it would be for anyone that age or older. I would be willing to offer a place to stay to a woman or married couple. Thing is, it is difficult to get started in the States now, as we have so many more business and personal restrictions and so forth.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:37 pm

EPA Real Time Japan Nuclear Radiation Monitoring For Every Major City In The Entire US

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay5WWvgLaOM&feature=player_embedded

Love Always
    mudra
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:19 pm

tricks & fear mongering...could it be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b0wT6joosU
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:01 am

Currently -Japan is the worlds third largest economy; the entire world is going to feel the effects of this environmental catastrophe...

Japan's government downgrades its outlook for growth

A Coverup -California Northwest USA BC Canada under radiation threat as high as Japan  - Page 2 _52132959_011507270-1
    The earthquake and tsunami caused widespread damage to Japan's north-east coast

The Japanese government has downgraded its assessment of the economy in the wake of the devastation caused by last month's earthquake and tsunami.

It said key areas of the economy, including industrial production and exports, would suffer.

It marks the first time in six months that the government has downgraded its assessment.

On Monday, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) cut its forecast for Japanese growth.

"The economy is showing weakness recently due to the influence of the Great East Japan earthquake," the Japanese government said in its monthly economic report.

Downward direction

The damage caused to the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant has seen a shortfall of power supplies in Japan.

That has resulted in rolling blackouts, affecting production at some of the country's biggest companies.

The government has warned of the negative impact of the power shortage.

It has cut its assessment of the country's exports, saying shipments may decline as manufacturers battle to get their production lines back to full capacity.

The Japanese economy had already been struggling to come out of the global financial crisis before the earthquake and tsunami hit its north-east coast.

Analysts say the twin natural disasters have set back that recovery process even further.

"The condition of the economy is no longer flat or at a standstill, but rather the direction is downward," said Shigeru Sugihara, director of macroeconomic analysts at the cabinet office.

Nuclear crisis

A Coverup -California Northwest USA BC Canada under radiation threat as high as Japan  - Page 2 _52129903_011746893-1
    A month after the quake, engineers are still trying to stop Fukushima's reactors from overheating

Japan's problems have been made worse by the uncertainty surrounding the developments at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant.

On Tuesday, Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency raised the severity of the crisis at the plant to level 7.

This level was previously applied to the 1986 Chernobyl disaster in Ukraine.

The move prompted fears that the situation at the Japanese plant may be worsening.

However, Japan's prime minister Naoto Kan has allayed those fears.

"Step by step, the reactors in the Fukushima Daiichi power plant are moving toward stability." Mr Kan said.

"People should not fall into an extreme self-restraint mood. They should live life as normal," he added.

A Coverup -California Northwest USA BC Canada under radiation threat as high as Japan  - Page 2 _52111447_fukushima_excl2_464_3

Source;
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13058743
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:00 pm

An update from Arnie Gundersen

Fukushima Accident Severity Level Raised to '7':
    Gundersen Discusses Lack of US Radiation Monitoring Data

http://vimeo.com/22352930

Last edited by giovonni on Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:02 am

this was just sent to me; it is a very tragic and a sad reality to this catastrophe...

Note this video might be difficult to watch for some here.

"Earlier this April we made our way to Fukushima to do some investigative reporting of the current conditions in the five- to ten-kilometer area around the Fukushima Dai-ichi Nuclear Power Plant. This is the first in a series of articles where we will report our findings from our time on the ground in Fukushima.

The location for our first story is a ranch in Namie, a town located 10 kilometers from the nuclear plant. Here, instead of the lively sounds of farmers going about their daily work, the air is filled with the desperate cries of abandoned cattle. Going to the barn to investigate, we found that over half the cattle in every pen were dead, and the rest were letting out heartbreaking cries for help as they stood among the corpses.

As of April 11th this ranch falls within the 20 kilometer evacuation zone enacted by the Japanese government, and is considered to be at risk of reaching radioactive levels significantly higher than those of other areas. As a result, the owner and staff of the ranch have all taken refuge elsewhere, leaving no one to provide the cattle food and water.

We can therefore presume that the cattle are dying of thirst and starvation, though the precise cause of the deaths has yet to be determined.

Normally, the cattle are able to use their nose to push a pedal that releases water at a drinking hole in the barn. However, no water came out when we tried for ourselves, suggesting that the water supply has been stopped.

By coincidence, we ran into some residents of Namie who knew of the situation and had prepared water and a little feed for the cows. However, they said they were only on their way to gather belongings from their home to prepare for evacuation, and that they would be leaving the town within the day.

At this rate, the remaining cows will most likely die within a few days unless someone can come to give them food and water regularly—even so, it is unclear when it will be safe for residents of Namie to return to their homes.

We can understand why the staff, fearing radiation poisoning, would flee and feel it unsafe to come back to tend to their cattle. We have no intentions of blaming the farmers, and understand that people must give priority to their own safety. Still, the sight of these abandoned animals was all too tragic.

Even now, the starving cattle can only wait for whichever comes to greet them first: the humans that abandoned them, or death."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVAorP4J5L4&feature=uploademail

Last edited by giovonni on Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:19 am

The workers could have set them free to fend for themselves. there is planty of grass around there I am sure. This is simple atrocity.
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:49 am

burgundia wrote:The workers could have set them free to fend for themselves. there is planty of grass around there I am sure. This is simple atrocity.

when i first say this i cried. i don't think i could of walked away from these animals. If something happens over here, i'm not running, there is nothing worth living for, if it's just about survival.
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:40 am

giovonni wrote:
    burgundia wrote:The workers could have set them free to fend for themselves. there is planty of grass around there I am sure. This is simple atrocity.

when i first say this i cried. i don't think i could of walked away from these animals. If something happens over here, i'm not running, there is nothing worth living for, if it's just about survival.

I agree Gio, 100%. Abandoned animals just show you what some people are like...there were othe videos with cows roaming the streets and grazing on grass. I guess some set them free before leaving.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:15 am

This is such a tragedy . How could one do this ?
    In another video I saw a farmer saying people were leaving
    but that he decided to stay with his cattle .
    Different levels of responsability and consciousness lead to
    situations that are hard to understand .
    Very sad .

Love from me
    mudra
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:13 pm

i believe it is important to try and balance all the energies that are swirling around us now; i'm hoping this post might help do this in regards to my previous post.

Pet rescuers brave Fukushima danger zone
    From Kyung Lah and Whitney Hurst, CNN
    April 14, 2011 6:19 a.m. EDT
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/04/13/japan.nuclear.pets/index.html?hpt=C1
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:03 pm

This is from one of our members in Japan who asked me to post this.

I wish people to know that the farmers have been asking the government to let them go back
    to their ranch so that they can tend their cattles.
    They have been refused their proposals and being kept under the shelter.
    They can't go back even if they want to.
    I hope people understand that the Japanese farmers are crying and suffering
    as much as their cattles, they call the cattles "family".
    I cry watching them on TV.

I don't expect people to understand how disasterous it is to have a historical
    catastrophy like this but I will speak on behalf of the farmers - to say that
    those farmers wanted to take the cattles with them but not allowed to do that.

Can you comment on this post, Carol?

It's annoying to hear people's assumption - the pain is much stronger in their heart than
    the posters who do not know what it is like to live knowing that your family is dying silently and
    there's not a damn thing you can do about it.
    Those farmers are suffering not because they lost a house or money.
    They love the cattles they tended for all their life time.

I want to say this to the MOA members.
    Please do not misunderstand this.
    We are already in much pain as it is.

But I feel so so sorry for those people in Fukushima.
    They are genuine, pure and nice people with good souls.
    They never abandon their cattles.

I watched Japanese TV interviews of farmers.
    I don't have the link.
    That is why I'm reporting it otherwise people abroad will
    think that Fukushima farmers are heartless.
    That is not the case.

Yes, some farmers free their cattles, I also watched this on TV.
    The cattles were so skinny, drinking polluted water, eating highly
    radioactive grass....how long will they last?
    It will be a matter of time.
    Sad...but this is the reality we are facing right now in Japan.

And the rescue people are still hunting for dead human bodies in that area.
    If cattles are roaming around, they will get in their way.
    The cattles cannot sit or roll around like dogs.
    That is one of the reasons why some farmers did not free the cattles.

I saw one farmer crying and saying that he will have no choice
    but to give the cattles shots -- kill them painlessly.

MoA member reporting from Japan

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:01 am

Thank you Carol for posting our Japanese ~ MOA members comments...

Note nobody is blaming the Japanese people for this, but the behavior of the Japanese authorities and Tepco is atrocious.

And there is a great possibility people all over the world will soon be in the same situation and pain.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:12 am

Indeed gio it is. I'm very concerned because we are now in the path of radiation. Before it was blown north of us and now according to Dutch Sinse's latest youtube post we are getting it too. It's in our food, milk and we are just as much at risk as the mainland is. What TEPCO has done, by withholding information and putting people's heath at risk is beyond criminal. I hope the people rise up and take effective action against them. They need to be replace with people of integrity who know what they are doing and aprising the public what it can do to protect itself. Those are the types of PSAs that need to be going out the the world's population and not the big coverup that also happened in Russia years back.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:00 am

Thank you Carol for posting it...at least now we know what the situation there is really like.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:28 am

Thank you Carol for the important message your relayed from our Japanese MOA member.
    I think it is a reminder in tampering our reactions as judgement can become biased when out of context.
    This member must know our Heart is with the Japanese people and encompasses also the suffering nature and animals are going through with them.
    It is a tragedy that concerns us all as we are citizens of the world and the pain that is happening over there on the other side of the globe is pain for all .

The Karen

Love from me
    mudra
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:12 pm

Dr. Michio Kaku, Theoretical Physicist: Fukishima Daiichi Nuclear Facility is a "Ticking Time Bomb"

The Japanese government is trying to calm fears about radiation levels and food safety in the region around the heavily damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power facility, even as it has raised the severity rating of the crisis to the highest possible level. "Radiation is continuing to leak out of the reactors, the situation is not stable at all," says Dr. Michio Kaku, professor of theoretical physics at the City University Of New York and the City College of New York, in an interview on Democracy Now! April 13. "The slightest disturbance could set off a full scale melt down at three nuclear power stations—far beyond what we saw at Chernobyl."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrxKqLeZYD0
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:42 pm

World events lately remind me of driving down the interstate towards an oncoming storm. I get the feeling it would be advisable to take the next offramp exit.

Remember what Suddam Hussein did when it appeared he was going to lose the gulf war? He set fire to his greatest assets...the oil wells.

Doesn't it seem the evil control freaks are doing the same now. Their time is getting short and they are getting desparate. Destroy the world. If they can't have it, they don't want others to have it either.

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:02 pm

In fairness to those living through this nightmare...

Don't let the title of this story confuse you...it is very telling of the pain and suffering these beautiful people are undergoing daily...

Lucky lottery winners in Japan get 5-star treatment

A Coverup -California Northwest USA BC Canada under radiation threat as high as Japan  - Page 2 Japan_s640x433
    A statue of Buddha is seen in the city cemetery in the area devastated by the Match 11 earthquake and tsunami in the town of Rikuzentakata, Iwate Prefecture, Japan, Thursday, April 14, 2011.

TOKYO — After a month of misfortune, Miwako Ikema finally had some luck.

Out of 700 applicants, she and about 100 others who fled homes near the stricken nuclear power plant in northeast Japan won one of the many lotteries that decide who gets a proper room and who gets left in cold, crowded evacuation centers.

Her prize: private accommodations in the five-star Akasaka Prince Hotel, courtesy of the Tokyo city government.

“We couldn’t really sleep before,” Mrs. Ikema said in an interview, referring to her stays in a series of shelters.

“There were so many crying babies, and people moving around and talking all night. We are lucky to stay here, at least for now. But I want to go home as soon as it is safe to do so.”

In the posh lobby of the Akasaka Prince, not all lottery winners were happy. Farmers who have lived their whole lives on ancestral lands in rural Fukushima now wandered around seemingly disoriented and homesick.

“This is nice, but I don’t really want to be here,” said Yutaka Takahashi, 63, a rice farmer from Nakoso village near the Fukushima nuclear power plant. “I was also growing strawberries, garlic and corn. I need to get back and water my crops.”

Mrs. Ikema and her teen-age daughter share a room on the 17th floor. Her room has a television, hot running water and a view of the Tokyo expressway.

The Tokyo government also provides them with free cafeteria meals, and volunteers help them find information about schools and job centers.

In another lottery, about 100 survivors — out of 1,160 applicants — moved this week into 36 well-equipped temporary units outside an evacuation shelter at a junior high school aboveRikuzen-Takata in northeastern Japan.

Hiroshi Kameyama, mayor of the town of Ishinomaki, told reporters last week that in another lottery 3,145 households applied for 137 temporary homes under construction. Small numbers of temporary shelters are also under construction in other areas of Iwate, Miyagi and Fukushima provinces, all areas devastated by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.

More than a month after the disaster, the Japanese government is only now starting to put together a supplementary budget of $6 billion to build about 70,000 temporary homes for an estimated 200,000 survivors living in shelters, plus large numbers of evacuees staying with friends or relatives.

At the Akasaka hotel, Mrs. Ikema talked of the stress of trying to rebuild their lives. Many of the 70,000 residents of her town of Minami-Soma have been relocated throughout Japan.

Her neighbors who survived a tsunami that obliterated nearly everything in the city for 6 miles have not been able to return to look for missing relatives amid untouched debris of wrecked cars and demolished buildings.

“I want to go back to get things,” said Mrs. Ikema, who fled by automobile, with only three changes of clothing, after a second explosion at the nuclear plant, about 15 miles south of her home.

“People who still have homes intact there want to go back. Some of our husbands are working there to make money we need to survive. But nobody wants to take their kids near there. It’s too dangerous, especially if it rains.”

Still, more than half of the city’s residents have left, and many of them are now staying at the Akasaka Prince Hotel.

Mrs. Ikema said she is afraid it might be months, even years, before she will ever see Minami-Soma again. She is also suspicious of the information from the government.

“Nobody believes the news,” she said. “We wonder what truth they are hiding.”

Source;
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/apr/15/blucky-lottery-winners-in-japan-get-5-star-treatme/?page=all#pagebreak
    wingmanof light
    wingmanof light

A Coverup -California Northwest USA BC Canada under radiation threat as high as Japan  - Page 2 Empty re

Post  wingmanof light Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:06 pm

Hi have a theory about japan.
    I don't remember who said they had a dream about USA getting attacked. I think it was japan. Now I asked as I normally do about what my energy flow does.Tot he Divine Hart.... So I asked it if some one is going to attack us down the Road to let it flow and smack then hard if its true.
    It might not look good but it might bring us together maybe then war.

Not sure just a hunch again .

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 11:17 pm