tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

How to Choose Your People

mudra
    mudra

How to Choose Your People Empty How to Choose Your People

Post  mudra Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:41 pm

Ruth Minshull
    How to Choose Your People

INTRODUCTION

Out in the Jungle

I don’t know what occupied your mind when you were in the early teens; but I was usually engrossed in trying to top insults with my older brothers. When I bothered to think about it at all, I expected that somewhere in the process of growing up I’d learn how to choose people—how to tell the good guys from the bad ones.

In the movies it was easy (those white hats); but I wasn’t acquainted with any cowboys. Trustingly, however, I assumed that if the movie people recognized the difference, surely my parents and teachers knew all about people and someday would share the secrets with me.

But they didn’t.

I grew up, more or less, and wandered out into the jungle without knowing the difference between a tiger and teddy bear. Probably, I supposed, there aren’t any tigers in real life anyway.

I fell in love. Ecstatically. Deliriously. This was more exciting than devouring cotton candy or swinging on top of the ferris wheel.

One week later (through a friend of a friend) I discovered that my handsome coastguardsman had a girl back home in Chicago. They planned to marry as soon as he was out of the service.

I wept the tears that only the young know. How could he have been so deceitful? Why should he do this to me? And worst of all was my own betrayal of myself: Why didn’t I know he was that kind of person?

It was a dangerous jungle—and I wasn’t yet prepared for it.

https://www.amazon.com/Choose-Your-People-Ruth-Minshull/dp/B0006C5NL8

http://www.whale.to/m/minshull.html

Love Always
    mudra

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

How to Choose Your People Empty Re: How to Choose Your People

Post  Carol Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:23 pm

One of the safest environments in meeting new people is taking a workshop or class.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

How to Choose Your People Empty Re: How to Choose Your People

Post  mudra Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:25 am

Carol wrote:One of the safest environments in meeting new people is taking a workshop or class.

Whats great about workshops is they are a short cut to meet directly meet like minded people.
    Its fantastic these things are so easily available these days . We live fantastic times in that regard 💗

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:50 pm