tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+22
Aquaries1111
seekeroftruth
Carol
Jenetta
HigherLove
Simplicity
LeeEllisMusic
mystic
alchemikey
Sanicle
Oliver
starninja
Reunite
eMonkey
Zedd
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
pedro
burgundia
pedro m
Mercuriel
ClearWater
mudra
26 posters

The Heart portal

mudra
    mudra

The Heart portal - Page 17 Empty Re: The Heart portal

Post  mudra Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:34 pm

96 Words for Love

“Sanskrit has 96 words for love; ancient Persian has 80, Greek three, and English only one. This is indicative of the poverty of awareness or emphasis that we give to that tremendously important realm of feeling. Eskimos have 30 words for snow, because it is a life-and-death matter to them to have exact information about the element they live with so intimately. If we had a vocabulary of 30 words for love ... we would immediately be richer and more intelligent in this human element so close to our heart. An Eskimo probably would die of clumsiness if he had only one word for snow; we are close to dying of loneliness because we have only one word for love. Of all the Western languages, English may be the most lacking when it comes to feeling.” - Robert Johnson, “The Fisher King and the Handless Maiden“

There are so many ways to experience love.

The “I love you” I say to my older son, like sweet summer light, is different than the “I love you” that I whisper into my husband’s ear, like a steady river, and different still from the “I love you” I tell my younger son, a redwood grove. The “I love you” that I’ve said to my various cat-friends that have graced my life over the years is different than the “I love you” that I say to my best friends. The “I love you” I say to my brother is different than the “I love you” I say to my mother. This might sound obvious, but it’s important to note that we generally accept and normalize these different shades of love.

Yet when it comes to our intimate partners, we expect to feel one kind of love in one measurement: namely, “madly in love” without a hint of doubt or uncertainty clouding the pure, ecstatic experience. We exert immense and unrealistic levels of pressure on ourselves — especially during the early stages of a relationship and during an engagement — to feel an exact amount and sentiment of love for our intimate partners. We believe that we can measure love, that there’s a right way to love or an adequate quantity of love that signals that you’ve met the “right” partner and now you’re legitimized to marry.

Just as our culture propagates one image of physical beauty and one measure of success, so do we absorb one definition of romantic love: namely, a heart-fluttering, ecstatic feeling accompanied by 100 percent certainty that we’ve found “the one.”

Sadly, and all too often, we hear that an engagement or marriage ends because one person “fell out of love.” What does this mean? I can only assume it means that the butterflies escaped and the “in love” feeling dimmed, causing the one who “fell out of love” to arrive at the conclusion that the relationship must be fundamentally flawed and inevitably over. It’s a false conclusion that too many people jump to, which causes them to walk away from a healthy, loving relationship that may need a little fine-tuning — or, most likely, an adjustment in the way they’re thinking about love.

Just as there are many ways to have a healthy, fulfilling marriage, so too are many ways to love. In order to widen our perspective on romantic love, it’s helpful to break down the phrase “I love you” so that we start to see its variance. And when you break it down, you see that there are so many ways to love your partner.

There’s the appreciation you feel when he does something thoughtful and kind, like brush the snow off your car in 20-degree weather or buy your favorite kind of bread.

There’s the comfort you feel when you come home at the end of a hard day at work and she’s there, waiting for you with a plate of hot food and your favorite TV show cued up.

There’s the gratitude you feel when she attends the 12th family gathering of the year.

There’s the warmth you feel when you see him across the room and know that he’s your guy.

There are the tingles you feel when she kisses you, maybe not every time, but enough to know that a spark still burns between you.

There’s the trust you feel when you walk through a difficult conflict together and emerge stronger than ever on the other side.

There’s the awe you feel when you remember how rare it is to find someone who “gets” you and who you “get.”

There’s the softness you feel when you focus on one physical quality in your partner that melts your heart and brings a smile to your face.

There’s the joy you feel when you listen to your favorite song together or have a blast on the dance floor.

There’s the contentment you feel when you read together but separately before going to bed.

There’s the stability that grows when you nurture the garden of your marriage year after year, enduring challenges and celebrating joys, and always knowing that you support your own and each other’s growth and happiness.

read on: Arrow http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sheryl-paul/96-words-for-love_b_1644658.html

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:27 am

Holocaust Remembrance: a father's past revealed, a bond rekindled

Regina Zorman of Montreal knew little about her dad's tragic past — until she received a Facebook message from a stranger in rural France.

The Heart portal - Page 17 Max-and-herman-jpg

The Facebook message from a stranger went unnoticed by Regina Zorman for nearly three months. But the contents, once read, would prove life-changing for the Montreal daughter of a Holocaust survivor.

“Hello. I contact you because I think you’re the daughter of Max Zorman,” began the note received at 12:53 p.m. on Feb. 2, 2015. “If so, I am the granddaughter of the family that has welcomed your father in France.”

Regina began to tremble when she finally saw the short missive on April 29, 2015.

Yes, she was the daughter of Max Zorman, who had passed away 12 years earlier.

Yes, her father had been in France during the Second World War. He’d last seen his mother there before she had been sent to her death at Auschwitz. He’d been separated from his younger brother there.

Yes, he’d been in hiding, though she had no idea where or with whom.

But a family? Who had welcomed him? And who remembered him all these years later?

The next line was perhaps most astounding of all: “I have letters that he wrote in 1944 and 1960 to my family. My grandmother told me a lot about him and his family.”

Regina wrote back immediately. And thus began an odyssey of discovery for the 51-year-old Dorval resident that has helped her to piece together the shards of her family’s tragic history, uncover secrets her father took to his grave and rekindle a bond forged during one of history’s darkest moments.
    Regina Zorman sifts through photos along with letters her father wrote to the family that sheltered him, his brother and mother in rural France in 1941-42. Pierre Obendrauf / Montreal Gazette

The history of the Holocaust is well documented. There have been inquiries and war crimes trials, government reports and historical analyses. There are museums and memorials devoted to the Nazi state-sponsored genocide of 6 million Jews. And on Jan. 27, the world marks International Holocaust Remembrance Day.

Yet three-quarters of a century later, we are still learning new stories of cruelty, escape, bravery and heroism that have been vaulted away in the memories of those who lived through them.

Like the children of many Holocaust survivors, who began new lives in cities like Montreal after escaping the horrors of war, Regina knew little about her father’s misery.

She knew he was born in Mannheim, Germany, in 1927, though his parents were from Poland. Her uncle Herman was born less than two years later, in Antwerp, Belgium. She doesn’t know why they were on the move so much.

Max was five when he and Herman lost their father in 1932. Life was tough even before the persecution of Jews started, with their widowed mother raising two boys alone. The family was living in Antwerp when the war broke out and somehow ended up in France.

Regina knew her father last saw his mother, Brendla Fogelgarn, in France before she was deported to Auschwitz. She knew he’d been on the run, hidden on a farm, and spent time at the Château de Montintin, a safe house for orphaned Jewish children run by an underground network. She knew he was separated from Herman, who escaped to Switzerland, and that both ended up in Israel after the war.

Both brothers eventually resettled in Montreal, Max in 1958 and Herman a few years later. They reunited with uncles and aunts on their mother’s side, relatives they had never met as children, but who had also come to Montreal after losing children, siblings, parents and spouses during the Holocaust.

These survivors, each of whom bore their own scars, formed a tight-knit circle. Regina and her brother grew up with this silent suffering as the unspoken backdrop of their childhood.

Regina remembers her father showing them documentaries and films about the Nazis and death camps. But he didn’t say much about his own misfortune, and his children thought better of asking.

So the message that landed out of the blue, a dozen years after her father’s death and over 70 years after this terrible chapter of history, already provided more details than Regina had ever previously been told. But it was only the beginning.

read on: Arrow http://nationalpost.com/news/local-news/holocaust-remembrance-a-fathers-past-revealed-a-bond-rekindled/wcm/48f36c29-8a30-4b52-b951-5074808fc5d3

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:16 pm

The Heart portal - Page 17 28377610

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:45 am

Love and Compassion in an Age of Uncertainty | Sharon Salzberg, Roshi Joan Halifax, Karen May

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ9--Mb8J84

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:21 am

The Heart portal - Page 17 21740410

When we wake up to who we truly are, the stillness becomes ever pervading as that of self and nature are unified and whole. We hear only the silence of the heart in which creation comes forth from, to allow our divinity to be expressed unhindered and limitless. Let us sit with the self and remember that from within our presence is the totality of our eternal being. The origin of our very essence of love. Intrinsic and unwavering, alive and all giving.

Auriel Aeon

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:26 am

The Heart portal - Page 17 23244110

For when two truly meet
    They first have met the Self
    As they have allowed the journey forth
    To see one as total within their being
    Without the filter of separation
    For they recognize their own divinity
    Within the whole of creation
    The self has come to embody the Self
    As one dances in Eden ever as spring
    Reborn as the eternal child within
    For this is the stage set in motion
    In which true love can be the epic spoken
    As both muse the mirror to manifest
    The art of now becomes the canvas
    For the only real desire
    Is to master the receivership of each other
    And to show up to be the gift to one another
    Sovereign angels of the light
    In service to source always at core
    This is the heart of the creative relationship
    Not to become lost in the beloved
    Yet to rise into kinship with the family
    As stewards of the presence
    Together as One
    Truth be told
    For they have let go of the fairy tale
    And chose to be in real story
    Ever so improv with the moment itself
    This be the love so many seek
    The reason it is never found
    Is because we were looking in the first place
    Just be, and it will find thee

Auriel Aeon

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:34 pm

A Zen Master Explains the Art of ‘Letting Go’, And It Isn’t What You Think ~ April 11, 2018

Thich Naht Hanh, the Zen Buddhist master, has some interesting advice about what it means to truly let go. Many people mistake detachment or non-clinging to be a form of aloofness, or emotional disconnect from others, but as Hanh explains, truly letting go often means loving someone more than you have ever loved them before.

The Buddha taught that detachment, one of the disciplines on the Noble Path, also called ariyasaavaka, is not a physical act of withdrawal or even a form of austerity. Though the Buddha teaches of a “non-action which is an integral part of the Right Way,” if it is taken out of context it can give the impression that we should develop a lack of concern for others, and that we should live without truly feeling or expressing our emotions – cutting ourselves off from life.

These type of misinterpretations are sadly common, since there are not always direct translations from the Paali language into English.

This form of “detachment” is an erroneous understanding of the Buddha’s message. Master Hanh states that to truly let go we must learn to love more completely. Non-attachment only happens when our love for another extends beyond our own personal expectations of gain, or our anticipation of a specific, desired outcome.

Hanh describes four forms of complete detachment, which surprisingly, aren’t about holing yourself up in a cave and ignoring everyone who has broken your heart, or ignoring your lust or desire for a romantic interest. This is not detachment. Letting go, means diving in. For example:
    Maitri (Not the Love You Know)

Hanh describes the importance of Maitri, not love as we normally understand in a Westernized use of the word. He states,

“The first aspect of true love is maitri (metta, in Pali), the intention and capacity to offer joy and happiness. To develop that capacity, we have to practice looking and listening deeply so that we know what to do and what not to do to make others happy. If you offer your beloved something she does not need, that is not maitri. You have to see her real situation or what you offer might bring her unhappiness.”

In other words, your detachment may come in accepting that certain things you would normally do to make another person feel loved and appreciated may not be what the person you are actively loving now, needs. Instead of forcing that behavior on another person, with an egoic intent to “please” them, you simply detach from that need in yourself, and truly observe what makes another person feel comfortable, safe, and happy.

Hanh further explains,

“We have to use language more carefully. “Love” is a beautiful word; we have to restore its meaning. The word “maitri” has roots in the word mitra which means friend. In Buddhism, the primary meaning of love is friendship.”

Karuna (Compassion)

The next form of true detachment is compassion. When we let go, we don’t stop offering a compassionate touch, word, or deed to help someone who is in pain. We also don’t expect to take their hurt or pain away. Compassion contains deep concern, though. It is not aloofness It is not isolation from others.

The Buddha smiles because he understands why pain and suffering exist, and because he also knows how to transform it. You become more deeply involved in life when you become detached form the outcome, but this does not mean you don’t participate fully – even in others’ pain.

read on: Arrow https://roserambles.org/2018/04/11/a-zen-master-explains-the-art-of-letting-go-and-it-isnt-what-you-think-april-11-2018/

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:13 pm

Jack Kornfield: The Ancient Heart of Forgiveness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiRP-Q4mMtk

The renowned teacher and author shares extraordinary stories of forgiveness--and explains how the next story could be yours.

Love Always
    mudra
    bobhardee
    bobhardee

Post  bobhardee Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:07 pm

Thank you Mudra.
    This was great video and perfectly timed.

With loving kindness
    Bob H
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:20 pm

How to Harmonize Heart and Brain - Gregg Braden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=237WCALmJXQ

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:18 pm

LOVE SIMPLY ‘IS’
    -John McIntosh

Love cannot be ‘taught’ … IT is ‘revealed’ as the Reality of Who You Are. IT does not ‘grow’ … IT is exposed more and more as the clouds of your conditioning dissipate. IT is not ‘earned’ … being an ever-Present existing expression of the ONE – YOU. You do not ‘evolve’ upward toward Love, there is no ‘place’ where Love is not, being boundless.
    In the midst of the deepest darkness – Love ‘is’. The ‘humility’ borne of ‘suffering’ opens the inner knowing and ‘there’ … Love is experienced. In the bent knee of ‘surrender’ … even if not yet absolute, Love is felt.
    There is no evolution of anything Real … only Awareness of Love ‘seems’ to evolve as the chains of ancient beliefs fall away. Where there are ‘no beliefs’ of any kind – Love Simply ‘is’. As the load of your attachments lightens – Love replaces what used to capture your ‘attention’.
    When the Grand dream is exposed as the illusion it is, what you experience ‘if’ you remain ‘in’ it, is Love ‘as’ All That Is. And in the endless-end of timelessness you become Aware that Love ‘is’ Who You Really Are.

BOOKS by John McIntosh
    https://www.johnmcintosh.info/copy-of-books
    SUBSCRIBE to John McIntosh’s BLOG
    https://www.johnmcintosh.info/subscribe

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:22 am

Poem written by Kim McMillen

As I began to love myself
    I found that anguish and emotional suffering
    are only warning signs that I was living
    against my own truth.
    Today, I know, this is Authenticity.

I understood how much it can offend somebody
    if I try to force my desires on this person,
    even though I knew the time was not right
    and the person was not ready for it,
    and even though this person was me.
    Today I call this Respect.

I stopped craving for a different life,
    and I could see that everything
    that surrounded me
    was inviting me to grow.
    Today I call this Maturity.

I understood that at any circumstance,
    I am in the right place at the right time,
    and everything happens at the exactly right moment.
    So I could be calm.
    Today I call this Self-Confidence.

I quit stealing my own time,
    and I stopped designing huge projects
    for the future.
    Today, I only do what brings me joy and happiness,
    things I love to do and that make my heart cheer,
    and I do them in my own way
    and in my own rhythm.
    Today I call this Simplicity.

I freed myself of anything
    that is no good for my health –
    food, people, things, situations,
    and everything that drew me down
    and away from myself.
    At first I called this attitude a healthy egoism.
    Today I know it is Love of Oneself.

I quit trying to always be right,
    and ever since
    I was wrong less of the time.
    Today I discovered that is Modesty.

I refused to go on living in the past
    and worrying about the future.
    Now, I only live for the moment,
    where everything is happening.
    Today I live each day,
    day by day,
    and I call it Fulfillment.

I recognized
    that my mind can disturb me
    and it can make me sick.
    But as I connected it to my heart,
    my mind became a valuable ally.
    Today I call this connection Wisdom of the Heart.

We no longer need to fear arguments,
    confrontations or any kind of problems
    with ourselves or others.
    Even stars collide,
    and out of their crashing, new worlds are born.
    Today I know: This is Life!

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:03 am

A poem by Mickey Bergman

There is love here
    It’s not owned by anyone
    There is no possession possible
    To attempt to do so just blocks the flow
    It’s always available for free
    A well that never runs dry
    Radiating from the sun in infinite supply
    Bursting forth from the earth in all its variety
    We are simply vessels for loves expression
    Our responsibility is to keep the channel open
    Through prayer...through song...through dance...through acts of kindness...through thoughts of gratitude
    Through all the ups and downs of experience
    There is love here
    If we just stop for a moment and tune into the moment
    This love is always what will be found
    Beating as our precious hearts
    A love that births universes through sound
    A silence that swallows everything back into a formless hug

https://www.facebook.com/532145432/posts/10162132743505433/?sfnsn=mo

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:28 am

How emotions shape your heart

https://youtu.be/mwoLhdHRt_0

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:25 pm

Whenever someone accepts you completely, unconditionally, you begin to change. Acceptance gives you such courage. When there is someone who loves you just as you are, do you notice the miracle of changing happening, how soon it turns into a quick transformation? The very fact that you are loved and accepted just as you are, that nothing is expected from you, it warms you, it animates you, it integrates you, it gives you confidence. It makes you feel that you EXIST. That you don’t have to meet any outside expectations, that you’re true Being is respected and loved.

Even if you find one single person who respects you completely (because any judgment proves a lack of respect), that accepts you as you are, that doesn’t demand anything of you, that says: “Be yourself. Be authentic. I love you. I love you, not what you do. I love you as you are in the depths of your Being, I don’t care about your outside shell or your clothes. I love your being, not what you have. I’m not worried about what you have, I care about one thing: What you are. And you are extraordinary beautiful!”

This is LOVE. This is why Love fulfills us so deeply. Love and accept yourself first and know, that whenever you find a woman or a man who simply loves you for no reason, just for the sake of love, that kind of love transforms!

There is only one way to love people, and that is to love them as they are. Here lays the beauty: that when you love them as they are, they change; not according to your reality - they change according to their own reality. When you love them, they transform. They don’t convert, they transform. They are renewed, they expand, they reach new dimensions of their being. But that happens inside them, according to their own nature.

Suddenly you become a different person, one that you’ve never been, you remember YOU, you become YOU. Suddenly all the sadness disappears, all difficulties disappear. Your steps will be turned into a dance and your heart will sing the song. 💕

Michiel Angel

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:02 am

The Heart portal - Page 17 Img_0211
    [url=https://servimg.com/view/15086895/1243][img]

Thus it is that as you proceed, you will find yourself being led more and more by your heart. The truth of a feeling that rises within you will ask for no argument or examination. It will come to you as a whole thing, and you will ask of no man whether it be fact or fiction, truth or fantasy, a good idea or poor. It will be a light that never was on land or sea, and you will follow it, for it will have penetrated to your soul. It will be a great deal more than that which up to this point in your life you may have termed a "hunch." It will be a great deal more than what you might formerly have thought to be a "lucky guess." It will take root deep within your being and become one with you, and you will take the paths of your life with unshakable vigor and faith to see that it is effected in the world about you. Thus success will come, thus health, thus love, thus peace, thus a grander purpose and sweep than ever existed on earth alone, for it will proceed from the heavens.

The Key To Power And Personal Peace
    Uel.S. Andersen 1954

ClearWater likes this post

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:18 am

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:46 am

The Heart portal - Page 17 1ad84b10

Love is the miracle of being heard one day as deep as our silences and to hear back in return with the same delicacy: life in its purest form, as fine as the air that sustains the wings of the butterflies and rejoice in their danse

Christian Bobin

ClearWater and Bagheera like this post

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:46 pm

The Heart portal - Page 17 A5711110

"Listen for those moments of sudden gravity in a person's voice, for the sound of an entryway appearing, the silent invitation into their most intimate mythology. If you aren’t quiet enough, or if you are interested for the wrong reasons, the path will close up again like a secret aperture. It takes a special quality of silence to be allowed there - a listening that only the heart can perform.”

Excerpt from “Belonging: Remembering Ourselves Home” by Toko-pa Turner (belongingbook.com)

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:42 am

The Heart portal - Page 17 3b017910

For many years I have struggled with anxiety and chronic pain, being an inward thinker and dweller. I have found that the more inward I go, the more barriers I put up. A place that I once thought as my comfort zone, in my head, has become a bit of a deception on how I deal with things in my life. Anxiety can be a very fearful and debilitating thing to live with, hence it's meaning and in many cases it thrives off of constant thinking and constant internalizing. I am an artist, I feel strongly with emotions from my heart but I have built up walls inside my mind to protect myself for various reasons, which have only led to more anxiety. I realize with all my heart how important it is to reach out to others, to have compassion for others and how when you think of someone in a loving or caring way, you can get out of your head. I thank God for breaking down my walls and setting me free and I pray that my mind will follow what's in my heart, as I walk in His footsteps. ~JB I love you
    James Brown artist
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:45 am

The Heart portal - Page 17 7e650010

If someone told me to
    write a book on morality,
    it would have a hundred
    pages and ninety-nine
    of them would be blank.
    On the last page I would
    write: 'I recognize only one
    duty and that is to love.'
    And, as far as everything
    else is concerned,
    I would say no.

~ Albert Camus

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:47 am

Flash mob across France

The song says:

Tell them we love one another
    Tell them we are not the problem
    We are tomorrow's world

https://youtu.be/aSSU6yLsnWU
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat May 08, 2021 2:25 am

The Heart portal - Page 17 8defd510

.Love is No Separation

Love can be defined as ‘no separation’,
    And in consciousness at rest and in movement,
    That is as Awareness and manifestation,
    Realization of unity is the denouement.

There are many varied definitions of love,
    Ranging from universal, Agape, the coolest,
    To Eros, the hottest when ‘push comes to shove’,
    Between are Storge, Pragma, Mania and Ludus.

To exhibit Agape one must see all as oneself,
    That is of fundamentally the same essence,
    Leading to the same treatment of others and self,
    Manifesting the one conscious subjective presence.

So in Agape there is ‘no separation’,
    Thus to love at its coolest this applies.
    But to Eros its fieriest manifestation,
    Can it be said that on this it relies?

The two times that I have been deeply smitten,
    With my beloved I longed constantly to be,
    Just as by many authors this is written,
    In songs, books and films this aspect we see.

So Eros and Agape require ‘no separation’,
    Thus this is true of love at both ends of the spectrum,
    I can confidently assert, with no hesitation,
    That this holds for all forms of love in between them.

This is true of all things, love denoting attraction,
    And all exert on each other  gravitational pull,
    Being of the same essence - consciousness in action,
    So  love is ‘no separation’ from the universal.

Agape – Universal (brotherly) love.
    Eros – Passionate love for an individual.
    Ludus – Playful and uncommitted love.
    Mania – Obsessive and over-committed love.
    Pragma – Practical and pragmatic love.
    Storge – Quiet and Friendly attachment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Poem twenty of 'Poetry From Awakening and Beyond' based on a chapter of  'Awakening and Beyond'.
    I write (and read) these posts, based on my meditations and contemplations, as much for my own benefit as for that of 'others'. For this helps to keep me 'awake' in this illusory, and impermanent, world ...
    For more info see comments on photos.

Colin Drake

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 26, 2021 12:34 am

The Heart portal - Page 17 Aab96b10

Jai Gurudev! Celebrating Baba's 113th lunar jayanti on May 25, 2021. Baba's words on "Nothing But the School of Love."

Truly, the world is born out of love. The material used to create this world was nothing but love. God had this divine thought within Himself and with this divine thought He created the entire world. Before this world came into existence, there was nothing, there was only emptiness, ether. What happened was that God's love exploded. When God's love began to throb, everything in this world, every animate and inanimate thing, all creatures, all beings, you and me, came into existence. We live with the hope of experiencing the bliss and joy of this love. The purpose of the journey of our life is nothing but to attain that love.

In this world there are husbands and wives, there are children, there are friends. There are loved ones and dear ones and relatives. In fact, this world is nothing but the school of love so that you can learn what love is, what devotion is.

Great beings and great sages have explained the nature of love or God with three words: Sat-Chit-Ananda. Sat is the Truth which exists in all places, in all things, and at all times. Sat exists today and it also exists tomorrow. It's not that it exists today but it won't exist tomorrow. If it exists now, it also exists later. So, Sat is the Truth which exists everywhere at all times.

The second word is Chit or Consciousness. Consciousness is that which illumines everything, all things at all times. Chit is light. This word light or prakasha is mysterious. A person says, "I saw God," and he says that with prakasha, with that illumination. Another one says, "I did not see God," so he says that with prakasha, with that illumination. If he sees God, he sees God with that prakasha, that illumination, and if he says that he does not see God, once again it is with the same prakasha, the same illumination. The one who really speaks is nobody but God. So Chit illumines everything, all places at all times. It illumines the fact that something does exist and also that something does not exist.

The third word is Ananda, or bliss. You experience this true bliss when you turn within. Ananda also exists in all places, in all things, and at all times. It exists in all actions, in eating, drinking, sleeping, in sense pleasures as well as in giving rest to the senses. We are always experiencing a part of that supreme bliss; however, that bliss only lasts for a short time. It is momentary.

According to the scriptures, true love is to know the Lord who pervades everything equally in the form of existence, consciousness, and bliss absolute. To know that, to understand and experience that, to feel that is called bhakti or divine love. A great being said, "Whatever happened, it was God. Whatever is happening is God. Whatever has not happened is God, because it will happen in the future. Whatever exists, is God. Whatever there is, is God. In everybody, have the darshan, have the vision of God. Understand that it is your own Self which pervades everybody, which permeates everybody. If you have this understanding, that bhakti, that is the true love."

In ancient times in Greece there was a gathering of great people to decide what love was. One scholar offered his opinion to the gathering, "Love has the power to make an ordinary person a brave person. If you were to give me an army of people filled with love, I would conquer the entire world and become a sovereign."

The next scholar gave his opinion. He said, "There are two types of love. One is ordinary, the other one is extraordinary -- the inner love of God." The ordinary love is so momentary, so temporary that even after you finish saying the word "prema" or love, the relationship is already broken. Even before the two syllables are uttered, "pre-ma," it vanishes. Like lightning, it is flashy and quickly gone. In this kind of love, man is only bewitched by youth, beauty, and the body. As long as the body is beautiful, young, tender, and attractive, this ordinary love exists. But once the body begins to age and lose its beauty, this love also begins to age and die, because it's not the immortal love. The other type of love, the inner love, God's love, is immortal.

The third speaker at the ancient gathering was Socrates who said, "In reality, love is nothing but thirst -- the thirst to attain God." The thirst for God's love is never quenched; it constantly increases. That person who is thirsty for God's love realizes that the bravery of this world, the beauty, and the tenderness are nothing but a part of God's love. Truly speaking, the inner beauty is God's love; the inner joy is God's love, and this is the final limit of love.

Love is sublime. It is divine. Although man seeks love in every activity, he usually experiences only the shadow of true love, the shadow of the love of the divine Self; it is momentary. When you eat food, just for a while you are satisfied, but then that satisfaction disappears. When a husband and wife have physical contact, just for a second, like lightning, there is this feeling of satisfaction. However, this satisfaction is generated by the senses. But there is another type of joy or satisfaction, which lies inside, which is beyond the senses. The joy of having sex lasts only for a fraction of a moment. The next fraction of a moment, it doesn't exist. But the joy and bliss of enlightenment is going to last forever, it is eternal.

Bliss is independent. It's free from expectations. It is like the inner nada, the divine sound that goes on inside all the time. It exists on its own without depending on anything else. To experience it directly, you will have to turn within.

For instance, when two separated lovers meet each other, they embrace with so much love, yet they close their eyes. They go inside to tap that source within. A third person watching could really tell how much love and joy they're experiencing. Once they release that embrace, they come out of it, because they come out of themselves and that joy is gone the next moment. If they see each other every day, that same joy is not there. From this you can understand that love is really inside; you can attain it only if you burn within.

The divine sage Narada said, "On attaining this inner love, man loses his desires." He doesn't desire to have this or that, because all his desires are fulfilled from within; he becomes totally contented. He doesn't worry about anything. He stops worrying. In your country you use this expression "I am upset." Upon attaining inner love, a person goes beyond that state of being upset. On attaining this state, love pours out of his eyes, and he sees only love everywhere. When this happens, he sees only his own Self everywhere. A great lover of God said, "Once God pervaded my heart, once love welled up inside, then I saw only love everywhere. I saw love in a tree, in a branch, in a leaf, in a flower, and in everything else. When this happened, what else was there to see but love?"

It is only because this love exists inside you that you search for joy outside in other people and things; you want to celebrate happiness. To make this love arise inside, meditate on the Self. To attain love, turn within.

Teach the mind good things about your own Self. Talk to the mind about the love of your own Self. Tell the mind it has been wandering here and there according to its own wishes, but it hasn't found anything; it hasn't attained anything. For this reason now you should try to enter the Self. Question your mind. Ask your mind where it finds happiness -- in the fickleness of the mind or in the stillness of the mind? Make your mind become absorbed in the love of your Self. Every second try to still your mind. Every second try to make your mind quiet, and it will become very easy for you to feel love.

Excerpt from Baba Company 1981
    Photo: self portrait by Baba

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:50 pm

When this female named Dorothy died of heart failure, all the chimpanzee family came out of the forest to say good bye..... the most stunning reaction was a recurring, almost tangible silence, reported staff at Cameroon’s Sanaga-Yong Chimpanzee Rescue Centre.

If you know chimpanzees, then you know that they are not usually silent beings. I think it’s beautiful how many of the chimps are touching each others’ shoulders. Respect for a fallen friend.

The Heart portal - Page 17 C9a2ce10

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:21 pm