tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+30
Jenetta
oliverclay
Floyd
magamud
seekeroftruth
THEeXchanger
Owlsden
Beren
malletzky
Carol
Brook
Rasa
earthian
immortalisdolor
HigherLove
Sanicle
iysun
devakas
Anchor
eMonkey
TRANCOSO
spiritwarrior
greybeard
Nebula
Mercuriel
Balance
pedro m
truth and integrity
ClearWater
mudra
34 posters

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Brook
    Brook

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Post  Brook Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:49 am

Hi Mudra,

I'm sharing this video here because this is one of the wisest concepts and so well spoken of in the video.  I have an acquaintance who is suffering and somehow sought me out.  What I know of her is she is suffering the syndrome of  a few people who she needs to forgive...bit she also needs to forgive herself.  I then fell upon this video and it fit the bill to a tee.  

In the video he says something to the effect; Regarding a man who was a prisoner in a war he was asked, "how do you feel about your captors?" To which he answers, "I hate them". He was told "then you're still in prison".

I figured it would be a good place to put it here on your thread of Wisdom.

Enjoy!

mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Post  mudra Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:48 pm

Thank you Brook I am very glad you did post this video here.I had noticed it on your FB page and thought it would be nice on my thread.

Flowers 

Love for You
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:13 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 35 1209321_349328191864340_1282610736_n

“I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.”

~ C. JoyBell C.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:53 pm

mudra wrote:The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 35 1209321_349328191864340_1282610736_n

“I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.”

~ C. JoyBell C.
    so beautiful.. Hadriel 

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:35 am

The problem with dreaming is that it is dreaming.  This is why Jesus points the way in trying to understand what is the body.  He contrasts a few perspectives.  Its about where is your body in relation to what is spirit.  

Another comparison is a man said the way was with sacred geometry.  I told him enlightenment does not have so much mind.  So much dreaming.  Its in our physical touch, our warmth our humanity.  Its vitality, its spirit. This is why Jesus is our teacher.  He is an extension of who we are, and where were going.  

It is between debauchery and celibacy.  It is between mind and no mind.  Your uniqueness is yours amongst infinity.  

I watched a latest Veritas and as far as I know Joseph Atwill has the most persuasive argument that Jesus did not exist and is in fact just a fairy tale created by sociopaths to control humanity.  

All of this gentlemen's conclusions are without knowledge of miracles or the wisdom of Jesus.  Without recognizing these maps he self sabotages his theory into utter apathy and satire that he projects himself to Jesus believers.  Caesars Messiah  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN9ATGqLNo8

Beyond that, he does get the conspiracy on how the Monarchy used Jesus actual visitation and message as a corruptive tool to socially engineer our species to entrained enslavement.

He cannot sift through what is corruption and what is truth with Gods covenant, lest understanding what Jesus is about. A case of, a cart before the horse and throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:49 am

magamud wrote:
    Another comparison is a man said the way was with sacred geometry.I told him enlightenment does not have so much mind.  So much dreaming.  Its in our physical touch, our warmth our humanity.  Its vitality, its spirit. This is why Jesus is our teacher.  He is an extension of who we are, and where were going.  

It is between debauchery and celibacy.  It is between mind and no mind.  Your uniqueness is yours amongst infinity.  

That is nicely said magamud. Thank You

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:50 am

Before you speak, let your words pass through three gates.
    At the first gate, ask yourself ‘Is it true.’?
    At the second gate ask, ‘Is it necessary.’?
    At the third gate ask, ‘Is it kind.’?

~ Sufi Saying image: Tony A

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:07 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 35 1238083_672938396051017_750433889_n

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:12 am

The Mechanism of Thinking ~ Spoken by Mooji

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZQ9ucF8BjA

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:22 pm

Igor Kufayev - Flowing Wakefulness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNURxo1QN3U

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:22 am

How to sit with someone who is suicidal?
    Jeff Foster (www.lifewithoutacentre.com)

Understand that their longing for death is really their longing for Home. This is a spiritual crisis, not merely a medical one. They are trying to awaken from a nightmare.

Understand that they cannot kill the Self, the One that they are, they can only kill the 'self', the one they have imagined themselves to be. Their longing to 'kill the self' is their longing to destroy the false, and awaken to Truth. Their longing to die has intelligence and creativity to it, and is worthy of respect. It is not a mistake, aberration or enemy, it is a yearning for authenticity.

Hold them, embrace them, as the urge to die - which is the urge to live in disguise - burns fiercely in them. Validate the place where they are right now. Don't try to control them or stop them feeling what they are feeling. Don't try to cheer them up or tell them that everything is really okay, or give them pre-packaged answers as a way to escape your own discomfort. They are sick of second hand answers! Go to the depths with them. Meet them in their aloneness without trying to fix them, without even trying to convince them that their desire to die is wrong, sick or invalid. Hold their hand. Go where nobody else has dared to go. Remember, you are only meeting yourself, meeting your own fear of death.

Don't speak to them as healer to victim, or as teacher to student, or as expert to novice, but as friend to friend, as intelligence to itself. Meet them beyond the divisive roles.

They are going through a profound crisis of identity, an essential rite of passage. Healing always involves crisis - sudden and unexpected change. Something in them, some ancient pain, longs to be felt, touched, validated. This is a cry for love as old as humanity. Who will listen?

They long to live, but don't know how. They long for intimate connection but can't find it in 'this life'. They long for deep acceptance and profound rest. Even though right now they feel like leaving, touch them with life, show your willingness to stay. Remind them that deep human connection is possible here, in this life, in this moment, in this place. Show them that even in the depths of their despair, they are not alone.

Be present at their crisis. Your presence says more than words ever could. Your fear is not necessary here. You are witnessing something sacred and intimate. Offer all of yourself.

Perhaps you don't need to know how to fix or save them. Perhaps that is not your true calling. Whether they will live or die, meet them now in that strange place of not knowing. Spend a conscious moment with them. Offer your deep listening. Remember, whether they stay or go, they are healing in the only way they know how.

All of them are beloved, all of them are worthy.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:51 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 35 Bekind-e1352318550747

What Is The Opposite Of A Psychopath?

A psychopath is an individual that lacks the ability to empathize with others or feel remorse for their actions. I recently watched an interesting movie on the topic called I Am Fishead (pw: fhmovie), which claims that psychopaths tend to do better in business than people who are able to empathize with others. Psychopaths are completely selfish, enjoy playing games with others’ emotions, and can literally feel nothing watching an animal or another human being tortured. In short, a psychopath feels nothing.
    What is the opposite of a psycopath? An empath – someone who feels empathy for everything and everyone on the planet. An empath feels the pain and suffering as well as joy and love of every living thing on the planet. An empath feels the pain of the trees as they are cut, the excitement of the song birds as they sing, the suffering of all those in solitary confinement, the love of two hopeless romantics. Empaths have heightened emotions, a comprehensive understanding of the broad scope of emotions, feel a strong desire to give to others, excellent communication abilities, pre-cognition, and a tendency to feel the emotions of others intuitively.In short, an empath feels everything.
    A psychopath and an empath are two extremes of an empathy scale. Empathy is not something we usually think of as being on a scale. People tend to believe either you are empathetic or not, applying it to individual situations. Jeremy Rifkin wrote a book called The Empathic Civilization, which chronicles the development in human empathy throughout history. He concludes that we are on the cusp of an emapthic revolution to include not only all human beings but the biosphere as well. This is a different kind of revolution – one that occurs inside the individual.
    If empathy is indeed a scale, then where on the scale do you belong? Do you feel empathy for people of different races, beliefs, religions, sexual orientations, or, in general, things you don’t understand? Do you feel empathy for all humans, but not animals? For animals, but not trees? For trees, but not a river? Where would others think you belong on the empathy scale? And finally, where do you want to be on that scale? Answering these questions will lead us down that revolutionary path, reconnecting us with what is true and sacred in this world. Putting our empathic desires into action at every opportunity is the way we will create a sustainable world for all living beings.

- See more at: http://sustainableman.org/what-is-the-opposite-of-a-psychopath/#sthash.9VQqF7Ob.dpuf

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:22 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 35 _MG_1144

"Simplicity, Beauty, Fearlessness:
    so it is ordained!
    Fearlessness is our guide.
    Beauty is the ray of
    comprehension and upliftment.
    Simplicity is the sesame to the gates
    of the coming mystery."

- Nicholas Roerich
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Chalice Of Wisdom

Post  Jenetta Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:22 am

[quote="mudra"]

I've lost two friends in the past to suicide...one a past lover, one a schoolmate from high school and close friend in adulthood. I was not there to hold their hand. Living elsewhere.

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:05 am

Jenetta wrote:
    mudra wrote:

I've lost two friends in the past to suicide...one a past lover, one a schoolmate from high school and close friend in adulthood.  I was not there to hold their hand.  Living elsewhere.

This is so sad. It must have been very hard on you Jenetta.
    I can feel your pain and I can feel their's too.
    I have been witness to suicide attempts. The misery people are in to make that choice and how to deal with this is extremely difficult. We are not prepared for this .

Love for You
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:58 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 35 995212_10151779947497909_443551604_n

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:04 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 35 There_11

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:49 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 35 Happiness-300x223

When I was 5 years old my mom told me that happiness was the key to life.
    When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be.
    I told them “happy”
    They told me I didn’t understand the assignment.
    I told them they didn’t understand life.

Love Always
    mudra
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:24 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 35 1386002_412683742190434_283876672_n
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:47 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 35 1381636_10151798743737909_2054383082_n

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:06 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 35 Friendship1

How To Handle Difficulties With People

From the mystical viewpoint, there is no such thing as difficulties with other people; the only difficulty is within ourselves. We need only to clear our own psychological confusion; then, that inner clarity enables us to handle anything coming from the outside. On the human level we may find others to be troublesome and disloyal, but, if our essential self dwells on the spiritual level, we cannot be injured. Like this:

“I suppose I’m too sensitive, but how can I prevent people from hurting my feelings.”?

“No one on earth can hurt you, unless you accept the hurt in your own mind. What if you are offered a sour apple but refuse to take it? To whom does the sourness belong? As the false sense of self falls away, so does your acceptance of the sour apples of criticism and unkindness from others. The problem is not other people; it is your reaction.”

Let’s see how increased insight changes our attitudes and, thereby, lessens our difficulties with others. Our awakened awareness reveals that nobody is really as happy as we previously thought. We see through the masks that people wear; we see how hard they work to convince themselves and others that all is well. It’s all an act, and how clearly we realize it. Their nervous social and business pursuits, and their empty amusements, no longer fool us. We know they wake up the next morning with dread of the day.

We understand all this because we have first seen through our own pretenses. They are repeating the very same wearisome stage performance that used to keep us so tired.

This completely alters our viewpoints and relations. We are no longer critical or envious. Our previous envy sprang from the illusion that others had more out of life that we, but we know better. We see them as secret sufferers, just as we used to be. Seeing this, we can no longer think or act harshly toward them. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow once remarked that if we could see the concealed sorrows of others’ we would be very tender toward them.

We forgive them as we forgive ourselves. Our new gentleness toward ourselves can now extend itself freely to others.

And now we understand something for the first time, something previously blocked by pride and vanity: Love is not of the human self, but of the Supreme within us. This makes us smile for a dozen reasons; one, being that we need no longer work at love; we need only rest in the Supreme, which is love itself.

From this lofty height, various expressions of love among people, including affection, drift down.

A world of weary people yearns for affection. What a sadly needed form of love affection is, whether it be a cheery word, or an understanding nod, or a touch of the hand. Rich people would gladly give up their treasures for this precious jewel. Those with power and prestige would exchange everything for someone with whom they could experience the affectionate way of life.

Exchange of affection between two people, perhaps man and woman, is possible only when both possess the capacity. It cannot be one-sided. A person capable of giving genuine affection will also be able to receive it, for they are two parts of the single ability, just as a wave advances and recedes.

Affection grows naturally as we awaken to our true nature.

Source: “How To Handle Difficulties With People,” from Mystic Path to Cosmic Power, by Vernon Howard

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:02 pm

Several years ago, I received an email from some unknown soul—an unexpected missive that included the words of an Australian Aboriginal elder named Miriam Rose Ungunmerr-Baumann. I had never heard of her before, but as I read through her brief statement, I realized that her narrative was filled with power in its simplicity and directness. Miriam Rose's message is clearly for all of us, and so I share some of it with you here enhanced by some additional information about Aboriginal thought.

For starters, Miriam Rose defines the ability called dadirri as a special quality that allows each of us to make contact with a deep spring that lies within us. To connect with that spring requires that we achieve a state of quiet, still awareness. It is similar to what we Westerners call 'contemplation' or 'meditation.' Shamanic practitioners know it well.

Dadirri

For the traditional Aboriginals, Miriam Rose proclaims that this contemplative focus permeates their entire way of life, their whole being—that dadirri continually renews them on a day-to-day basis, bringing them peace, creating harmony where there is disharmony, producing balance where there is imbalance, restoring health where there is illness.

There are no great hidden truths here, no 'secret knowledge' hidden away for centuries, waiting for a bunch of New Age charismatics with power point presentations to rediscover them, excavate them, and write a book about them, proclaiming them as the solution to all our problems, personal and collective.

This woman's message conveys a simple and unmistakable truth—that the practice of dadirri makes the Aboriginals feel whole again. She shares that they cannot live good and useful lives unless they practice dadirri and that they learned how to do this from their ancestors.

As a Western anthropologist who has done considerable time in the indigenous world, I can appreciate this traditional woman's words. During my years spent among the tribal peoples of Africa, one of the things that I learned is that they are not threatened by silence. To the contrary, they are completely at home in it. Their traditional ways have taught them how to be still and how to listen to the silence. Accordingly, they do not try to hurry things up. Rather they allow them to follow their natural courses—like the seasons... and they wait.

So the Aboriginal woman's message from Australia conveys a familiar message as well as an extraordinary claim—that those Aboriginals still living in their traditional lifeways don't worry... that they never worry. They know that in the practice of dadirri—the deep listening and quiet stillness of the soul-that all ways will be made clear to them in time.

The Aboriginal Perspective

The traditional Aboriginals are not 'goal oriented' in the same way that we Westerners are programmed to be from childhood, nor do they attempt 'to push the river' which they know with absolute certainty is an exercise in absolute futility. In Miriam Rose's words: "We are like the tree standing in the middle of a bushfire sweeping through the timber. The leaves are scorched and the tough bark is scarred and burnt, but inside the tree, the sap is still flowing and under the ground, the roots are still strong. Like the tree, we have endured the flames and yet we still have the power to be reborn."
    Arrow http://www.sharedwisdom.com/article/australian-aboriginal-wisdom

Maybe we should all take our shoes off and walk the Earth in silence for a while that may be touch dadirri 's wisdom within and without us. No Wifi needed !

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 35 Walk-as-if-you-are-kissing-the-earth-with-your-feet

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:06 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 35 517_10151993816003685_1609293026_n

Silence is also conversation. ~ Sri Ramana Maharshi

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:34 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 35 1454911_10152021902503685_2127893630_n

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Anything that enters your awareness is a part of you. You know this to be true to the extent that you can see yourself as being greater than the boundary of your own body. This is similar to how a baby begins to discover that its hand or its foot is a part of its physical body. The next stage of spiritual maturity, beyond seeing yourself as a spiritual individual, is to see everything as being part of your self.

Jarek Czechowicz

Love Always
    mudra

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:24 am